PDA

View Full Version : Your choice for next Hibs manager

Diclonius
31-05-2016, 06:41 PM
Of all those who have been mentioned so far (and are realistic) who would you like?

alihibs1
31-05-2016, 06:44 PM
Mcall?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

liscious_hibs
31-05-2016, 07:05 PM
Neil Lennon [emoji108]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MWHIBBIES
31-05-2016, 07:06 PM
Steve Cotterill

PiemanP
31-05-2016, 07:14 PM
mcleish or mccall. McLeish has been there, got us out this league before. Mccall did a brilliant job at well.

Whether either would actually come to Hibs is another matter. McLeish may feel he's above Hibs. McCall apparently dislikes Hibs (?)

Failing that another young hungry coach a la Stubbs.

brianmc
31-05-2016, 07:15 PM
David Brent

***** it, if everyone else is just picking random ***** managerial names out of nowhere i thought I should play along

MyJo
31-05-2016, 07:16 PM
Whoever Leeann Dempster chooses.

Hibbyradge
31-05-2016, 07:16 PM
What are the odds on Someone Else?

northstandhibby
31-05-2016, 07:19 PM
Voted McCall. Just think he has the resilience and guile needed to win this wonderful club the league next season. However if not there are a few there I would be happy with otherwise.

Glory Glory

Super_JMcGinn
31-05-2016, 07:25 PM
Of all those who have been mentioned so far (and are realistic) who would you like?

Stuart McCall will romp that league :aok:

NAE NOOKIE
31-05-2016, 07:26 PM
Nae idea so I haven't voted ..... the Newcastle guy at least looks like an out of the box choice, a bit like Stubbs in fact, and I'm pretty sure McLeish would at least be able to maintain the happy atmosphere Stubbsy created.

McCall has a decent record with Motherwell, but every time I look at him I just think 'hun' ... I would still support him if appointed though.

As for Neil Lennon ...... considering the already simmering historic bad blood between us and Sevco has been pumped up to boiling point recently I highly doubt he would want to increase his collection of bullets ........ Though the fact that he is universally hated by both the Yams and Sevco would at least make him an entertaining choice. :greengrin

AgentDaleCooper
31-05-2016, 07:26 PM
Stuart McCall will romp that league :aok:

Just like he did with the huns :aok:

HibeeLR
31-05-2016, 07:31 PM
McIntyre

Super_JMcGinn
31-05-2016, 07:31 PM
He turned them round in a relatively short space of time IIRC, they were aunt Sally's duds. I'm going on his Motherwell record :aok:

FitbaFolkKen
31-05-2016, 07:33 PM
Malky Mackay for me, good job at Watford and got Cardiff promoted. Wigan is a blot on his record but I think he would be a good fit for us. He will be keen to get back on the map for successful football teams and we are built for someone to take over and hit the ground running.

Andy74
31-05-2016, 07:35 PM

Until he came up against the team he built, yes, he turned them around.

fiolex1
31-05-2016, 07:36 PM
Eric Black?

lucky
31-05-2016, 07:38 PM
I voted for Evans even though he's a **** but gets results. But the reality it will be another young coach looking to make his name in the game.

Glory Lurker
31-05-2016, 07:41 PM
Voted "someone else" because there isn't a "whoever isn't most popular choice on .net" option.

Haymaker
31-05-2016, 07:41 PM
I will do it. Did a cracking job with my U14s this season.

itslegaltender
31-05-2016, 07:43 PM
Tommy Wright.

Purehibee_MYB
31-05-2016, 07:46 PM
I just got promoted and won the play offs in my first season in charge of my works team here in Vancouver. I'm there if Hibs fly me over...

Swedish hibee
31-05-2016, 07:46 PM
There must be huns on here voting for Mccall. NO WAY he should be our manager.

Did anyone hear he comments about the non penalty against Falkirk.. After that he shouldn't be in football, never mind management. And he's part of the Scotland set up- that says it all for me.

Paisley Hibby
31-05-2016, 07:48 PM
Malky Mackay for me, good job at Watford and got Cardiff promoted. Wigan is a blot on his record but I think he would be a good fit for us. He will be keen to get back on the map for successful football teams and we are built for someone to take over and hit the ground running.
No thanks. And anyway, I can't see Leanne wanting anything to do with someone who allegedly sent numerous homophobic and racist texts "for a laugh".

capitals_finest
31-05-2016, 07:53 PM
Nobody stands out for me although my preference would be towards somebody with experience and contacts south of the border. We are at a critical period for the club and promotion is of great importance. I have faith that LD and Rod will pick the right person but I think we need to appreciate we are now in a situation where we will loose some of our key players as well as our management team. It is pretty much back to the drawing board. We all know how annoyingly tough this league can be to get out of so we really need to get behind the new manager and not just back them for a season but back them all the way until we get promoted.

FitbaFolkKen
31-05-2016, 07:54 PM
No thanks. And anyway, I can't see Leanne wanting anything to do with someone who allegedly sent numerous homophobic and racist texts "for a laugh".

I think he would do a good job. The other bit is not a debate I want to have but he never got charged in the end so I'll trust the authorities that dealt with it.

ChicagoHibee
31-05-2016, 07:58 PM
Ronny Deila

Waxy
31-05-2016, 07:58 PM
Whoever Leeann chooses.

bingo70
31-05-2016, 07:59 PM
Gary Holt

KWJ
31-05-2016, 08:00 PM
From those I picked Neil Lennon.

Would like Rob Jones to be on the shortlist.

And would add Russell Latapy to the list.

Gary and/or Phill Neville could be on there too.

Greencore
31-05-2016, 08:00 PM
Steven pressley?

I would want a life ban from hibs of this was to happen.

Brightside
31-05-2016, 08:02 PM
Dunc or Gary Holt.

madhatter
31-05-2016, 08:02 PM
Stuart McCall? Who is voting for him? If that is who the next manager is I would seriously consider asking for refund to my ST. Kidding obviously but that would show huge lack of ambition from club and show that we would have slipped into old habits.

KWJ
31-05-2016, 08:04 PM
Having a look at the mix of votes and the sheer number of names suggests that there's plenty options and Leeann and George Craig will not be short of applications or options.

There will be plenty of other names in there that we won't be thinking about including foreign coaches.

I reckon this could take a while as extensive research needs to be followed by interviews to see who is the best fit for our hotseat.

OR GC and LD have had a contingency plan all along and someone will be plucked from obscurity in a few days time.

erin go bragh
31-05-2016, 08:09 PM
I can see a few big names throwing their hat in the ring . As we are the Scottish cup holders and playing in Europe .
I'll go for Russel Latapy with Franck Sauzee as his assistant. ;)

Hfc_Since1875
31-05-2016, 08:10 PM
My preference would be Paul Hartley. Ambitious and has a proven record in this league and above! Despite his past at Hearts I think it would be a great appointment

McIntosh
31-05-2016, 08:14 PM
If it is true that Leeann has spoken with someone already that person cannot be under contract.

hibby6270
31-05-2016, 08:16 PM
No mention here of John Collins!!

Could be argued our decline in last 5 - 10 years began after he walked following a player revolt. If he was given a chance again to create the team he wanted, it might lead to a better more consistent future. Starting with promotion and staying in Premiership.

easty
31-05-2016, 08:17 PM
Duncan Ferguson

madhatter
31-05-2016, 08:17 PM
If it us true that Leeann has spoken with someone already he cannot be under contract.

Unless we are doing similar to Rotherham...we are doing everything above board but really we haven't. They've been speaking to Stubbs before now...

madhatter
31-05-2016, 08:18 PM

Could be argued our decline in last 5 - 10 years began after he walked following a player revolt. If he was given a chance again to create the team he wanted, it might lead to a better more consistent future. Starting with promotion and staying in Premiership.

Future means ahead not behind. Hence do not bring people back. He had his time.

madhatter
31-05-2016, 08:19 PM
Duncan Ferguson

Jeez, hope not. Interviews would be interesting...

KWJ
31-05-2016, 08:20 PM
Another few ambitious names that are highly unlikely to unlikely but available...

Roberto Martinez
Gary Monk
Brian McDermott
Paul Clement

CB_NO3
31-05-2016, 08:21 PM
My preference would be Paul Hartley. Ambitious and has a proven record in this league and above! Despite his past at Hearts I think it would be a great appointment

He looks like a fat scruffy alcoholic. No thanks. He hates us as much as we hate him.

Eyrie
31-05-2016, 08:25 PM
Opted for McCall because I'm certain he'd get us promoted, but I'm open to any young manager who wants to play good football at a decent tempo.

Is that because of his man management skills or his ability to spot a player?

JimBHibees
31-05-2016, 08:26 PM
Dunc or Gary Holt.

Why Holt was he not pants at Falkirk?

JimBHibees
31-05-2016, 08:27 PM
Jeez, hope not. Interviews would be interesting...

Apparently Ferguson very highly rated.

bingo70
31-05-2016, 08:28 PM
Why Holt was he not pants at Falkirk?

I thought he was really good at Falkirk?

calumhibee1
31-05-2016, 08:31 PM
Another few ambitious names that are highly unlikely to unlikely but available...

Roberto Martinez
Gary Monk
Brian McDermott
Paul Clement
Paul clement would be a great appointment but can't see it.

madhatter
31-05-2016, 08:35 PM
Apparently Ferguson very highly rated.

Fair enough, Big Dunc might be highly rated but how he would fit into Head Coach model I'm not sure...then again I'm glad none of us pick as we do not know these coaches/managers at all. People are going by historical records but let's be honest a particular person is needed for Head Coach role and a different one is needed for Manager. Expectations are wholly different. I could see us go for Big Dunc but would prefer foreign personally.

I also think the club have missed a trick with player source being mainly UK. The cheap talent abroad we could be utilising is alarming. Some are hit and miss but let's not forget Liam Craig, Alan O'Brian et al. And ones that were sadly probably worse who hailed from UK.

Albion Hibs
31-05-2016, 08:37 PM
Ian Murray and or Jackie Mac. Stuart McColl could not get out of this division with a team/budget 10 times what ours is, so I don't really understand the desire for him. I think a manager with experience in the Scottish leagues is important for getting us promoted this year.

Big L
31-05-2016, 08:38 PM
Owen Coyle wi Ian Murray as assist could be a good shout!

thommo1875
31-05-2016, 08:38 PM
Jimmy Boco [emoji1305]

calumhibee1
31-05-2016, 08:39 PM
Ian Murray and or Jackie Mac. Stuart McColl could not get out of this division with a team/budget 10 times what ours is, so I don't really understand the desire for him. I think a manager with experience in the Scottish leagues is important for getting us promoted this year.

Ian Murray had a horror show in the league we're already in as his last job. No thanks from me.

Lester B
31-05-2016, 08:40 PM

Did anyone hear he comments about the non penalty against Falkirk.. After that he shouldn't be in football, never mind management. And he's part of the Scotland set up- that says it all for me.

I voted for McCall; Does that make me a hun? Really?

I was in the wrong end at Hampden then clearly.

SJM
31-05-2016, 08:41 PM
Owen Coyle.

It will be SM though.

Greencore
31-05-2016, 08:41 PM
It won't be anyone suggested on here. It never is.

Hiber-nation
31-05-2016, 08:43 PM
Owen Coyle.

It will be SM though.

You don't know that so why are you saying it will be him?

Colr
31-05-2016, 08:43 PM
Ian Murray had a horror show in the league we're already in as his last job. No thanks from me.

This

The Modfather
31-05-2016, 08:44 PM
Can't vote on my phone, and appreciate I'm likely in a minority of 1, but would like to see John Collins back.

The best tactical Hibs manager I've seen, and the fittest Hibs team I've seen. I think he would thrive under the professional club we now are. Especially if there is now a team in place responsible for signings, with the managers input of course.

Appreciate a view unlikely to be shared by many though.

blaikie
31-05-2016, 08:45 PM
I'm against McCall not because he is a Hun .... That's irrelevant. I believe we need to think outside the box which is Scottish football, Stubbs was an unusual appointment that paid off I have every faith in LD to find the perfect head coach to lead us back into the premier league.

Brightside
31-05-2016, 08:46 PM

I detest mccall...but how anyone would want Murray and jackie in the role is beyond me. both hopeless.

SJM
31-05-2016, 08:46 PM
You don't know that so why are you saying it will be him?

I'm not getting into this again sorry.

Okay, in my opinion, McCall will be our next manager.

jgl07
31-05-2016, 08:47 PM
Hibs should go for someone like Stubbs. It is a head coach not a manager who is to be appointed. Whoever is given the job will have to work within the current system. No 'new broom' who will want to bring an army of backroom staff and look to replace half the squad. That in itself will rule out most of the names on the list.

Certainly not McCall who is too associated with Rangers to be acceptable to the Hibs support.

The shelf life of a manager/head coach is probably two to three years. Hence the need to minimise transaction costs when changes are made.

Rob Jones may be worth a punt.

SJM
I detest mccall...but how anyone would want Murray and jackie in the role is beyond me. both hopeless.

Why do you detest McCall?

Hibernia&Alba
Definitely Paul Lambert from that list, though my first choice is Davie Moyes :greengrin

Thecat23
31-05-2016, 08:48 PM

It won't be McCall anyway. Doesn't fit with what Leeann said about future managers.

Albion Hibs
31-05-2016, 08:49 PM

fair enough. He inherited a mess at st midden and did not go from being a young promising manager to a bad one. If he had a horror show then the boy currently leading the poll...must have had whatever is worse than a horror show!

SJM
I'm against McCall not because he is a Hun .... That's irrelevant. I believe we need to think outside the box which is Scottish football, Stubbs was an unusual appointment that paid off I have every faith in LD to find the perfect head coach to lead us back into the premier league.

It didn't pay off, we are still in this league.

We need someone who knows how to get a team to grid out results to get promotion. Not a rookie experiment.

We have the Scottish, thank you Stubbs but now isn't the time to e ****ing about with rookie gambles.

Just Jimmy
Can't vote on my phone, and appreciate I'm likely in a minority of 1, but would like to see John Collins back.

The best tactical Hibs manager I've seen, and the fittest Hibs team I've seen. I think he would thrive under the professional club we now are. Especially if there is now a team in place responsible for signings, with the managers input of course.

Kev mccann at centre back. Tactical genius right enough. He's done nothing since and he wasn't that great here either. No thanks.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

SJM
31-05-2016, 08:50 PM
It won't be McCall anyway. Doesn't fit with what Leeann said about future managers.

Things change. Just have to wait and see.

Joe6-2
31-05-2016, 08:50 PM

I agree, he should have had better backing from the board

corby hibee
31-05-2016, 08:53 PM
From that list i would shortlist Lennon, Mcleish or Coyle but i see all 3 could be out our budget, should be interesting as im sure there will be alot of people interested in the job.

bingo70
31-05-2016, 08:53 PM
It didn't pay off, we are still in this league.

We need someone who knows how to get a team to grid out results to get promotion. Not a rookie experiment.

We have the Scottish, thank you Stubbs but now isn't the time to e ****ing about with rookie gambles.

Need someone tried and tested in Scottish football, like Terry Butcher was?

Someone experienced? Like Colin Calderwood was?

Someone with a proven record of success? Like pat Fenlon was?

There's no guarantee with any appointment but if we go for experience I can pretty much guarantee they'd have failed somewhere before so why would they be any more of a safer bet than someone that's never failed somewhere before and may just be brilliant?

The Modfather
31-05-2016, 08:54 PM
Kev mccann at centre back. Tactical genius right enough. He's done nothing since and he wasn't that great here either. No thanks.

For every Kevin McCann selection (which his logic in doing so was sound, if the end result a disaster) there was David Murphy at defensive midfield against Celtic.

As I say, just my opinion.

madhatter
Norbert Elgert?

hibsbollah
The three lunatics that voted Houston want taken out and shot.

Dr Jimmy
31-05-2016, 08:58 PM

Go away back to kickback please. You're not even subtle now.

bingo70
Norbert Elgert?

No idea who he is but I'd appoint him just for his name, it's brilliant

Thecat23

I'd be shocked if Leeann went back on her word and brought in someone old school.

But it's football so god knows. I just can't see it myself!

Higgy115
31-05-2016, 08:59 PM
Would love big Dunc to be given a chance, uncertain future at Everton with new manager coming in and new owners???

Thecat23

There's no guarantee with any appointment but if we go for experience I can pretty much guarantee they'd have failed somewhere before so why would they be any more of a safer bet than someone that's never failed somewhere before and may just be brilliant?

Bang on the money.

Rasta_Hibs
I hope its not Stuart McColl or McLeish.

Would prefer Paul Hartley or Malky McKay.

Brightside
31-05-2016, 09:00 PM

He's a piss poor coach, will split the dressing room, and drinks far to much to be a professional.

Just Jimmy
31-05-2016, 09:00 PM
For every Kevin McCann selection (which his logic in doing so was sound, if the end result a disaster) there was David Murphy at defensive midfield against Celtic.

As I say, just my opinion.
Absolutely and you're welcome to it. I just feel there's no smoke without fire and to loose a dressing round like he did was awful. I'd rather look forward.

Albion Hibs
31-05-2016, 09:03 PM

Better option than holt IMO. He had one season with Falkirk, did average with a good team and only finished a few points ahead of a PT Dumbarton team.

degenerated
31-05-2016, 09:03 PM
He's a piss poor coach, will split the dressing room, and drinks far to much to be a professional.
Alex Ferguson didn't get a nose like that from drinking tea and he was a no bad manager. 😁

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

The_Exile
31-05-2016, 09:04 PM
I sincerely doubt it'll be McCall or any of the usual suspects. It'll likely be someone none of us have ever heard of and that's absolutely fine by me.

B.H.F.C
31-05-2016, 09:04 PM

Imagine how Motherwell would have done if they had a bit of togetherness in their dressing room during his time there eh

hibsbollah
31-05-2016, 09:06 PM
Norbert Elgert?

Good suggestion but I'd go for Rocky T Bonecutter III.

Hibernia&Alba
31-05-2016, 09:06 PM
Alex Ferguson didn't get a nose like that from drinking tea and he was a no bad manager. 

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Alex Ferguson has rosacea, nothing to dae wae booze.

Brightside
31-05-2016, 09:08 PM
Alex Ferguson has rosacea, nothing to dae wae booze.

He does drink like a fish tho.

OsloHibs
31-05-2016, 09:13 PM

Shared with me!

PatHead
31-05-2016, 09:29 PM
Current odds

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/hibernian/next-permanent-manager

Frogga
31-05-2016, 09:32 PM
Current odds

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/hibernian/next-permanent-manager

Colin Calderwood!! Is someone taking the piss! [emoji1]

eastterrace
31-05-2016, 09:39 PM
Colin Calderwood!! Is someone taking the piss! [emoji1] Craig brown as well just pure piss take

Thecat23
31-05-2016, 09:43 PM
At this stage the Bookies haven't a clue just like most of us don't. Only going with what's being laid. I'd say this time tomorrow we'll have a better idea who's really in the frame.

KWJ
31-05-2016, 09:44 PM

He lost me when he had Chris Hogg and Kevin McCann as centre backs at Pittodrie. Destroyed McCann's confidence.

Andy74
31-05-2016, 09:46 PM

I thought our fans were a bit better than this. Being a 'hun' more relevant than his record.

SJM
31-05-2016, 09:47 PM

Calderwood had no experience and Fenlon was the cheap option.

I just want to get out this league now to be honest, a rookie isn't the answer. Imo.

TheMentalHibees
31-05-2016, 09:48 PM
Seen Neil lennons name getting banded about. Surely not..

DCI Gene Hunt
31-05-2016, 09:50 PM
Neil Lennon? Seriously? Are some Orcs on here undercover at the wind-up?

SJM
31-05-2016, 09:51 PM

He done a good job at Motherwell but like Hughes at ICT you can only do it and rebuild every so often.

Why would he split the dressing room?

All together though, still no reason to detest someone. He was a quality player for Scotland.

HoboHarry
31-05-2016, 09:57 PM
Calderwood had no experience and Fenlon was the cheap option.

I just want to get out this league now to be honest, a rookie isn't the answer. Imo.
More made up nonsense. Calderwood had managed both Northampton Town and Nottingham Forest and won promotion with both prior to coming to us. He was a poor appointment for us but don't state stuff that isn't true.

mca
31-05-2016, 10:09 PM
Don't want to Sound Racist in any way.. But What's the odds on the Next Guy Being a Foreigner ??

Sorry - but folks of the 80`s might remember that one.. :wink:

Just wondered if LD has Looked abroad at all ?? Might be some gems out there in the leagues of Portugal or Cyprus etc..

Just an Thought .. :dunno:

superfurryhibby
31-05-2016, 10:10 PM
I thought our fans were a bit better than this. Being a 'hun' more relevant than his record.

Never underestimate the ridiculousness of the average football fan and their prejudices. Clearly a 40% + win rate at Motherwell is utter pesh. He's crap, GJP, blah , blah etc , etc....yam, hun, bevvy.

KWJ
31-05-2016, 10:12 PM
Neil Lennon? Seriously? Are some Orcs on here undercover at the wind-up?

I clicked Lennon outta that bunch.

Surprised how well he did with Celtic and never stood a chance at Bolton.

Horrible player but that everyone loved to hate but he's not lacking in self confidence or bottle.

KWJ
31-05-2016, 10:14 PM

I know you were quoting the other poster but it's not his Rangers connection that bothers me. Going by his appearances on Sportscene and the things he comes out with, I just don't think he's that good.

He had a couple of good years at Motherwell but ultimately left them fighting relegation.

IberianHibernian
31-05-2016, 10:15 PM
Best time of year to change manager with more candidates and less compensation to pay . No massive rush with managers and players on holiday and still over 2 months till league starts . Advertise it and interview as many candidates as possible ( said the same before Butcher was appointed but seemed like his appointment was arranged already maybe several months before ) . Quite an impressive list of possibles at the beginning of this thread and easy to add names to list ( Danny Lennon , ex Raith player manager Antonio Calderon who has been working as assistant in Primera Liga with Granada but still has I believe family ties in Scotland , Libya manager Javier Clemente who was interested in Dunfermline job a couple of years ago , ex Ireland and Faroes manager Brian Kerr , ..) a couple of veterans there but don`t think it`s time for experiments ( priority is win the league playing good football like in 98/99 ) . Not convinced by this look for manager with English contacts , contacts in England may be useful but likewise contacts elsewhere ( notice Ross County and Dundee have signed players from Germany , Netherlands etc ) and we might do better finding a manager in Scandinavia or Ireland who will stick around rather than look to go back to England like many English managers .

HoboHarry
31-05-2016, 10:16 PM
I will happily donate $100 to the Dnipro fund if it is any of that list that's appointed to the post.

Billy Whizz
31-05-2016, 10:17 PM
I know you were quoting the other poster but it's not his Rangers connection that bothers me. Going by his appearances on Sportscene and the things he comes out with, I just don't think he's that good.

He had a couple of good years at Motherwell but ultimately left them fighting relegation.

All his best players were sold, and they didn't have the budget to replace them with similar quality, although I think Pa Broon, had a big part to play in Motherwell's success though

Thecat23

It's his hair isn't it!!!

Or the fact he looks like Bea from Prisoner Cell Block H.

Jonny1875
Deila? Please not Lennon or yogi

macca70
31-05-2016, 10:26 PM
Best time of year to change manager with more candidates and less compensation to pay . No massive rush with managers and players on holiday and still over 2 months till league starts . Advertise it and interview as many candidates as possible ( said the same before Butcher was appointed but seemed like his appointment was arranged already maybe several months before ) . Quite an impressive list of possibles at the beginning of this thread and easy to add names to list ( Danny Lennon , ex Raith player manager Antonio Calderon who has been working as assistant in Primera Liga with Granada but still has I believe family ties in Scotland , Libya manager Javier Clemente who was interested in Dunfermline job a couple of years ago , ex Ireland and Faroes manager Brian Kerr , ..) a couple of veterans there but don`t think it`s time for experiments ( priority is win the league playing good football like in 98/99 ) . Not convinced by this look for manager with English contacts , contacts in England may be useful but likewise contacts elsewhere ( notice Ross County and Dundee have signed players from Germany , Netherlands etc ) and we might do better finding a manager in Scandinavia or Ireland who will stick around rather than look to go back to England like many English managers .

Players are back for pre season in 3 weeks, we need someon in place by then to give us best prep as we have to go up this season.

NadeAteMyLunch!
31-05-2016, 10:28 PM
It's his hair isn't it!!!

Or the fact he looks like Bea from Prisoner Cell Block H.

He genuinely has the exact same haircut that he had at Euro 92. It's now 2016.

IberianHibernian
31-05-2016, 10:33 PM
Players are back for pre season in 3 weeks, we need someon in place by then to give us best prep as we have to go up this season.3 weeks is a long time in football so no need to rush into quick appointment though if LD etc are doing their job I suppose they`re always looking for possible new managers .

macca70
31-05-2016, 10:36 PM
Really, really don't want anyone with strong links to that horrible mob in Govan eg McCall and McLeish anywhere near our club.

Obviously any new manager might utilise there links to do deals in and out as Stubbs did with Celtic but I wouldn't want us conducting any business with that horrible Sevco.

There are plenty other options other than McLeish or McCall.

Www1875hfc
31-05-2016, 10:42 PM
Wonder what price you'd get on Teddy sheringham ?

Walter
31-05-2016, 10:48 PM
Pat Fenlon would get us up

SJM
31-05-2016, 10:59 PM
More made up nonsense. Calderwood had managed both Northampton Town and Nottingham Forest and won promotion with both prior to coming to us. He was a poor appointment for us but don't state stuff that isn't true.

More made up nonsense aye? No worries if you say so.

So Harold, as a player or manager, what experience did Mr Clown have of Scottish football? Aye, that would be none. He thought it would be a piece of piss and he wanted a job after his mate god sacked off Newcastle. Massive massive gamble and even more of a joke we didn't take compo for him when offered when his pal got a new job. Why? Because he was inexperienced in football this side of the border and had no intention of staying long term.

cheltenhamhibee
31-05-2016, 11:03 PM
Steve Cotterill

I'm in full agreement

monktonharp
31-05-2016, 11:12 PM

Did anyone hear he comments about the non penalty against Falkirk.. After that he shouldn't be in football, never mind management. And he's part of the Scotland set up- that says it all for me.:agree: don't want him near the holy ground. sooooo don't want him, he is a the Rangers apologist and will be hoping they get all the plaudits after being beat in the Scottish cup final by some other team.

Heisenberg
31-05-2016, 11:13 PM
Wonder what price you'd get on Teddy sheringham ?

He'd be a disaster. Tried and failed at Stevenage. We need someone much better than that.

Peevemor
31-05-2016, 11:16 PM
I wouldn't mind Lennon but I don't see it happening.

Mikey09
31-05-2016, 11:19 PM
If we can persuade him then Neil Lennon would be the right choice. Everything about this job screams Lennon. A real winner. Get it done Leeann. :agree:

ekhibee
31-05-2016, 11:38 PM
Of the candidates quoted, I voted for Steve Clarke. He impressed me when he was at West Brom, but not sure it worked so well for him at Reading. Sure he applied for the Hibs job a while back too. Unless LD and the rest are able to bring in somebody we've not thought of, IMO he has decent credentials and definitely has the ability to get us back into the top league. Whether he'd come to Hibs this time round is another question.

CABBAGEMAD
31-05-2016, 11:39 PM
Anybody think we would have a chance of getting Gary monk worked in head coach role at Swansea and did a good job

HoboHarry
01-06-2016, 12:16 AM
More made up nonsense aye? No worries if you say so.

So Harold, as a player or manager, what experience did Mr Clown have of Scottish football? Aye, that would be none. He thought it would be a piece of piss and he wanted a job after his mate god sacked off Newcastle. Massive massive gamble and even more of a joke we didn't take compo for him when offered when his pal got a new job. Why? Because he was inexperienced in football this side of the border and had no intention of staying long term.
You stated that he had "no experience" but I will re-read your post - I must have missed the bit where you said you were talking specifically about Scottish football. :rolleyes:

SJM
01-06-2016, 12:32 AM
You stated that he had "no experience" but I will re-read your post - I must have missed the bit where you said you were talking specifically about Scottish football. :rolleyes:

We are in the championship of Scottish football, for me we need someone experienced in our game that knows the scene and the score. It's not hard to work out. Calderood had no experience of Scottish football ever and couldn't wait to get away.

Roll your eyes all you like, you don't like my posts fair enough. Your the one jumping down my throat tho and claiming I'm making stuff up. Not the other way about.

greenlex
01-06-2016, 02:30 AM
We are in the championship of Scottish football, for me we need someone experienced in our game that knows the scene and the score. It's not hard to work out. Calderood had no experience of Scottish football ever and couldn't wait to get away.

Roll your eyes all you like, you don't like my posts fair enough. Your the one jumping down my throat tho and claiming I'm making stuff up. Not the other way about.
He has a point tho. That's not what you said. You seem to keep forgetting what you say. It's not the first time is it?

BoomtownHibees
01-06-2016, 05:55 AM

All you said was that Calderwood had no experience which Harry quite rightly pointed out was nonsense. You now say it's experience in the Scottish football that you meant. Folk are no mind readers. Or did you just change your tune after the reply calling your post out?

Greenworld
01-06-2016, 06:02 AM
If it is true that Leeann has spoken with someone already that person cannot be under contract.
Yes they could

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Greenworld
01-06-2016, 06:15 AM
Players are back for pre season in 3 weeks, we need someon in place by then to give us best prep as we have to go up this season.
Be amazed if someone is not in place this week

The Harp Awakes
01-06-2016, 07:11 AM
Steve Clarke for me though not sure if he'd be interested.

hibee
01-06-2016, 07:21 AM
Anyone but McCall please, couldn't see John Collins on the list, sure he's looking for work too?

Sylar
01-06-2016, 07:43 AM
What, no Ally McCoist in the list? He's finished his gardening leave after all :greengrin

GloryGlory
01-06-2016, 07:49 AM
He'd be a disaster. Tried and failed at Stevenage. We need someone much better than that.

Stevenage? Not Hibs class. :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
01-06-2016, 07:53 AM
Dempster should be on the blower to Paul Lambert. A long shot, but you never know.

Waxy
01-06-2016, 07:58 AM
What about yon french manager Alain Stobbs?

killie-hibby
01-06-2016, 08:00 AM
Anyone but McCall please, couldn't see John Collins on the list, sure he's looking for work too?

Anyone! Take your pick. C.Calderwood or T.Butcher.

Famous Fiver
01-06-2016, 08:02 AM
Jim McIntyre

No contest.

Dashing Bob S
01-06-2016, 08:02 AM
I'm trusting in Dempster. Her last appointee won us the Scottish Cup and broke a 114 year hoodoo. Basically, I'd like to see whoever she appoints. Whether it's an exciting new force (Cathro) or crusty old stagers (McLeish/McCall) his brief will be to get us out off that league.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-06-2016, 08:03 AM
What about yon french manager Alain Stobbs?

Can't help but pronounce that in a Yorkshire-ish accent. :greengrin

Rugy07
01-06-2016, 08:14 AM
Steve Lomas ticks a lot of boxes for me, young, ambitious and experience in Scotland. But our best managers in recent years have generally been young, untested managers. I think we'll go for someone like that again. God knows who though!

Super_JMcGinn
01-06-2016, 08:20 AM
Steve Lomas ticks a lot of boxes for me, young, ambitious and experience in Scotland. But our best managers in recent years have generally been young, untested managers. I think we'll go for someone like that again. God knows who though!

That is one of the main reasons we will find ourselves in this position more often than not. What is there to gain for Hibs in continuing to employ the young up and coming type, it's a lose lose situation for us. If he does well he will be head hunted and off faster that Usain Bolt, if he doesn't he will be punted and we'll start all over again.

Why can't we go for an old hand and at least give him a few years to get some stability back to our club.

Ronniekirk
01-06-2016, 08:21 AM
Be amazed if someone is not in place this week

Unless L D knew in advance Stubbs was going i don't think we will have someone in by the end of the week
Unless she has already knew who Stubbs successor was and they are unemployed
Due process will need to take place

Greenworld
01-06-2016, 08:24 AM
Unless L D knew in advance Stubbs was going i don't think we will have someone in by the end of the week
Unless she has already knew who Stubbs successor was and they are unemployed
Due process will need to take place

Only a guess Ronnie but I would suggest she knew and that plans will be advanced. They seemed to have a close relationship.

TRIALIST
01-06-2016, 08:24 AM
Jim McIntyre

No contest.

Not a bad shout, ticks most of the boxes.
Part of the last recruitment process was to check out the SFA badges squad and we were recommended Stubbsy.
Jim did his along side Stubbsy.
Turned RCFC around when they were doomed so he must be able to motivate, seems to get the most out of his squad.
Out thought Stubbsy in the LC final.
The down side is he has been based here a long time, Stubbsy brought EPL quality to the training ground could he raise the standard with new ideas.
Could he be a contender.

Geo_1875
01-06-2016, 08:25 AM
I'm trusting in Dempster. Her last appointee won us the Scottish Cup and broke a 114 year hoodoo. Basically, I'd like to see whoever she appoints. Whether it's an exciting new force (Cathro) or crusty old stagers (McLeish/McCall) his brief will be to get us out off that league.

Had to look this guy up. He doesn't excite me much after seeing Newcastle this past season.

WhileTheChief..
01-06-2016, 08:29 AM
Jim McIntyre wouldn't be a bad shout apart from the fact he'd probably bring Dodds with him.

That just can't be allowed to happen for obvious reasons.

brog
01-06-2016, 10:16 AM
Hmmm, SM leading at present, surely not!! That won't fit media perception that we hate all things connected with The Rangers!

Finn2015
01-06-2016, 10:20 AM
Please not McCall and I don't mean that cos of the Hun connection. Would be disappointed

NorthNorfolkHFC
01-06-2016, 10:21 AM
My preference is nobody mentioned.

I was a bit bored so I dismantled my Corby Trouser Press. I can't put it back together again.

CB_NO3
01-06-2016, 10:25 AM
Yogi being interviewed today. McCall is also rumoured to be being interviewed today.

HibeesLittleHel
01-06-2016, 10:29 AM
Cheeky wee chappy....

Russell Latapy :agree:

Coco Bryce
01-06-2016, 10:30 AM
Who the **** voted for Paul Hartley!!

Ban them instantly :agree:

GloryGlory
01-06-2016, 10:31 AM
Yogi being interviewed today. McCall is also rumoured to be being interviewed today.

Hope it's just out of courtesy. Honestly cannot see either of them as what we need right now.

JimBHibees
01-06-2016, 10:39 AM
Hmmm, SM leading at present, surely not!! That won't fit media perception that we hate all things connected with The Rangers!

To be fair though he is getting beaten by 'anyone else'. :greengrin

Green&White
01-06-2016, 11:04 AM
Hope it's just out of courtesy. Honestly cannot see either of them as what we need right now.

Fitba folk ken wits goan oan :greengrin

HibbySpurs
01-06-2016, 11:07 AM
For me we need a manager who can grind out results next season and ensure automatic promotion. Nothing else matters.

With tat in mind I voted McCall but would take AM back in a second (he did it for us before). Having said that I don't think re-appointing an old manager is ideal.

So long as it's sorted quickly.

hibsmad
01-06-2016, 11:09 AM

I really hope you're wrong

Paloschi
01-06-2016, 11:10 AM

No danger!!!! :confused:

Baldy Foghorn
01-06-2016, 11:10 AM

That is nonsense.......No way either are being interviewed Today (McCall in Malta)

Leitherhibs
01-06-2016, 11:12 AM
Yogi isn't in the running.

archiebald
01-06-2016, 11:18 AM
Yogi isn't in the running.

Thank goodness had chance and blew it big time

callumyoung1990
01-06-2016, 11:36 AM
Steve Aitken, manager of Dumbarton?

lord bunberry
01-06-2016, 11:38 AM
What about Benni McCarthy, he has links to both Edinburgh and hibs.

Dibben
01-06-2016, 11:39 AM
I reckon McNamara could do a job. Good at Thistle & UTD before selling the family silver!

Waxy
01-06-2016, 11:42 AM
Owen Coyle sounds to me the most promising, but who really knows?

jacomo
01-06-2016, 11:46 AM
I voted for Someone Else. Quality candidate.

JimBHibees
01-06-2016, 12:11 PM
I reckon McNamara could do a job. Good at Thistle & UTD before selling the family silver!

I would think he would do a good job. Comes over well and IMO had the rug pulled from under him at United.

Caversham Green
01-06-2016, 12:15 PM
For me we need a manager who can grind out results next season and ensure automatic promotion. Nothing else matters.

With tat in mind I voted McCall but would take AM back in a second (he did it for us before). Having said that I don't think re-appointing an old manager is ideal.

So long as it's sorted quickly.

Out of interest, what's your view on Tim Sherwood?

Firstly, would he be any good and secondly, would he be interested?

Hibs90
01-06-2016, 12:16 PM
Some of these names are ridiculous

jacomo
01-06-2016, 12:31 PM
Out of interest, what's your view on Tim Sherwood?

Firstly, would he be any good and secondly, would he be interested?

Gonna jump in here... no way he'd be interested.

FWIW, I know a few Spurs fans, general view of Sherwood is not positive. Don't really know why, but they seem to think he's a bit of a chancer.

jdships
01-06-2016, 12:42 PM
John Hughes; Stuart McCall; John Collins; Paul Hartley; Alex McLeish;
No thank you
Everyone of them has been " tried and found guilty" !!

My outsider Owen Coyle

Hamish
01-06-2016, 12:48 PM
No thank you

My outsider Owen Coyle

Blackburn Rovers bound according to a couple of posters on here

Caversham Green
01-06-2016, 12:54 PM
Gonna jump in here... no way he'd be interested.

FWIW, I know a few Spurs fans, general view of Sherwood is not positive. Don't really know why, but they seem to think he's a bit of a chancer.

Aye, I thought it was a long shot. His name came up in a discussion about the Reading post and a lot of the Reading fans thought the same.

Personally I think he'd make a good manager at the right club.

yekimevol
01-06-2016, 01:29 PM
No thank you

My outsider Owen Coyle

When was Stuart McCall found guilty ? Good job at motherwell and took that broken rangers team we beat 4-0 to the playoff final.

southern hibby
01-06-2016, 01:37 PM
I'll throw a total random in who I always thought was immense. Alan Curbishley. Did absoloutrly wonders at Charlton. Lives in London so could travel easily enough and I would imagine probably take a chance at getting back into management.

Don't know why but I think it might be Mc ( Call me I'm free and after a job)

GGTTH

pennyhibee
01-06-2016, 02:13 PM
I still hope it would be Tommy Wright . A fine manager with a good attitude which could serve this club well. If he were to cost , I think it could be worth it to push the boat out ,as we could be on the verge of a good future in the right hands

KWJ
01-06-2016, 03:23 PM
That is one of the main reasons we will find ourselves in this position more often than not. What is there to gain for Hibs in continuing to employ the young up and coming type, it's a lose lose situation for us. If he does well he will be head hunted and off faster that Usain Bolt, if he doesn't he will be punted and we'll start all over again.

Why can't we go for an old hand and at least give him a few years to get some stability back to our club.

A Scottish Cup? :confused:

To suggest that an older manager wouldn't move on to a better role seems naive.

BSEJVT
01-06-2016, 03:41 PM

Because we have been down the route countless times going back to the 60's and virtually every one has failed.

Society and the game have moved on and most of the old hackneyed names mentioned haven't moved with it.

You do realise there is a reason why they are all largely available?

That reason is that they have been tried (and failed) elsewhere

CB_NO3
01-06-2016, 04:00 PM
That is nonsense.......No way either are being interviewed Today (McCall in Malta)
Dempster spoke to two potential candidates today. I said McCall was a rumour. If not McCall the other rumour was that it was Scott Gemmill.

Steve20
01-06-2016, 04:21 PM
Neil Lennon.

erin go bragh
01-06-2016, 04:52 PM
I still hope it would be Tommy Wright . A fine manager with a good attitude which could serve this club well. If he were to cost , I think it could be worth it to push the boat out ,as we could be on the verge of a good future in the right hands

Would be delighted if we got TW but can't see it . He knocked back a decent club in England during the season .

Marco G
01-06-2016, 05:00 PM
I still hope it would be Tommy Wright . A fine manager with a good attitude which could serve this club well. If he were to cost , I think it could be worth it to push the boat out ,as we could be on the verge of a good future in the right handsThis is a big problem to me and to anyone, like Leeann, hiring a new manager. Some managers fit well with some clubs and seem great.But when they move on their greatness is lost! Not many available who are consistently good, and like good strikers, they are in demand. So it will be a risk, but I like the way Leeann and George Craig have conducted business since they arrived, so will trust their judgement on who they pick.

Blaster
01-06-2016, 05:02 PM
Would be delighted if we got TW but can't see it . He knocked back a decent club in England during the season .

I would like to see Tommy Wright too. I can't see any other club above st Johnstone in Scotland wanting him in the future. And if Rotherham is the best Stubbs can get I can't see Wright moving down south to a bigger club

Hibs may be a good option for him

Scottie
01-06-2016, 05:06 PM
Steve Evans

ferry hibby
01-06-2016, 06:10 PM
I thought the new ethos of the club was to have some sort of succession plan in place for events such as this so hopefully they already have someone in mind and the process will be quick. I did think about those in the likes of the English second division who have a proven record this year in getting promotion but it looks like a couple of them have been snapped up already by another club or signed an extension to their contract.

So far holding off on voting as nothing that really excites

biffo1875
01-06-2016, 06:41 PM
Whoever Leeann Dempster chooses.

in leeann we trust:flag::flag::flag:

OsloHibs
01-06-2016, 06:55 PM
There is someone out there looking for a change... just waiting to see who is interested in him and wanting a new challenge in football. I'm suprised no one has gave him a mention........

Player/manger... zlatan!!!!!!

WestCoastHibby
01-06-2016, 06:59 PM
Michael O'Neil for me with Boozy as understudy....

bigwheel
01-06-2016, 08:07 PM
Michael O'Neil for me with Boozy as understudy....

and Ancelotti as boot boy.....?

eastmainsmsh
01-06-2016, 09:03 PM
Benni McCarthy or Mick

E10 Rifle
01-06-2016, 09:08 PM
Steve Evans

Jeesh, they guy is a total erse and convicted tax dodger. He spends several weeks a season banned from the touchline for foul and abusive language and behaviour no matter which club he is at. Is this really the sort of man you want in charge of Hibs?

I'm afraid he is one of the last people in the footballing world that we should be going for and he should be chased into the sea if he steps anywhere near ER.

Clarence
01-06-2016, 09:12 PM
I've got a sneaky suspicion that we might promote internally and give Hibernian's very own Tam "the renaissance man" McCourt the nod. He always seems to be at the centre of everything and I think that he has to finally get the acknowledgement he deserves.

scuttle
01-06-2016, 09:18 PM
How about the Neville brothers

cheltenhamhibee
01-06-2016, 09:28 PM
Jeesh, they guy is a total erse and convicted tax dodger. He spends several weeks a season banned from the touchline for foul and abusive language and behaviour no matter which club he is at. Is this really the sort of man you want in charge of Hibs?

I'm afraid he is one of the last people in the footballing world that we should be going for and he should be chased into the sea if he steps anywhere near ER.

Not one of the last for me, he is by far and a way the last person I'd ever want to see at ER, odious c***

Green Cabbage 7
01-06-2016, 10:35 PM
Not that he would come or we could afford him but always liked Roberto Martinez.

JohnM1875
01-06-2016, 10:47 PM
Not that he would come or we could afford him but always liked Roberto Martinez.

I've always thought Pep Guardiola was quite decent. Must be something about Spanish managers eh?

SJM
01-06-2016, 10:57 PM
If Coyle is off to Blackburn my personal choice would be Malky McKay.

Canon Hannan
02-06-2016, 08:26 AM
Lennon please - winner and experienced in Scotland, England and Europe which is handy for our season ahead.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
02-06-2016, 08:29 AM

No thanks. Left Utd in a right mess when he left and their supporters hate him for doing so. Don't want him anywhere near Hibs.

Franck Stanton
02-06-2016, 03:16 PM
If it was up to me my choices would be :-

1. - McCall, - Did a great job with Motherwell -2nd,3rd,3rd in his three seasons with them. Do for me. Knows the Scottish game well, talks a good game , well respected by the media. Ticks all the boxes in my opinion.

2. - Lennon, - Bit of an arse as a person, however, would win us this crappy league. Won't be messed about.

Just have to wait and see, - hope it is sooner rather than later. Don't want this to drag on forever, we have a European tie in 6 weeks [14th July], lets be ready for it, and more importantly, get off to a flier in the league campaign.

jacomo
02-06-2016, 03:22 PM
There is someone out there looking for a change... just waiting to see who is interested in him and wanting a new challenge in football. I'm suprised no one has gave him a mention........

Player/manger... zlatan!!!!!!

This would be incredible. I think one particular poster on here would be pleased.

The thought of that man as player / manager is epic. He would never not pick himself, that's for sure.