PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Stubbsy

Northernhibee
31-05-2016, 05:53 PM
Think we should have a thread to forward to him at Rotherham seeing as how we couldn't give him a proper send off knowing he was away.

Thank you Alan, you took over a shambles of a football club and gave us some cracking players, great memories, an unforgettable day in the cup final and you leave us as a legend. You're always welcome back at Easter Road and then some.

Don't take McGinn off us, mind.

AndyB_70
31-05-2016, 05:58 PM
He had 2 attempts to get us promoted and didn't get us to any of the final games of the playoffs.
That was his main job. Get us out of this rubbish league but we have another season in it.
First hint of another job and he is off.

31-05-2016, 05:59 PM
What you've done to turn this club around will never ever be forgotten. We were at rock bottom when you took over and you've managed to build a time we can finally be proud of again and lifted the club.

Thank you for the best day of my life on 21.05.2016. You will forever have legend status at this great club :thumbsup:

Keith_M
31-05-2016, 06:02 PM
Thanks for the Cup win, best of luck...

...and don't steal our best players.

Mr White
31-05-2016, 06:02 PM
Thanks for the greatest day of my hibby life and all the best big man :thumbsup:

Waxy
31-05-2016, 06:04 PM
Yes we do.Thank you Alan Stubbs. For leading us to win our first Scottish cup for 114 years. Only two previous Hibs teams had won this 1887 and 1902 and you stand beside these players and each and every one of your 2016 team as a Hibernian legends.You took us Hibbys to an emotional height we never new existed. All the best in the future and your welcome back anytime.

WWFTWTG
31-05-2016, 06:05 PM
Best wishes for the future, you will always be remembered well by true hibs fans.

GGTTH

Lester B
31-05-2016, 06:07 PM
He had 2 attempts to get us promoted and didn't get us to any of the final games of the playoffs.
That was his main job. Get us out of this rubbish league but we have another season in it.

Right.

Well clearly the euphoria of the cup final is wearing off for some people already.

He was manager when we finally won the cup. For that day alone he deserves our thanks surely?

lucky
31-05-2016, 06:09 PM
The mans a legend. End off. He delivered the Holy Grail. Good luck Stubbsy :gwa:

Pretty Boy
31-05-2016, 06:11 PM
Thanks for the cup win, thanks for giving us a bit pride back, thanks for a good record against Hearts and thanks for building a side who on their day could ba great to watch.

There were negatives as well of course but there's time to discuss that in the future. Alan Stubbs is a Hibs legend and I hope in time he can be brought back to ER, preferably at HT v Rangers or Hearts, in the future so we can thank him properly.

Hibs 16
31-05-2016, 06:13 PM
Thanks for the memories!

When you joined we were at an all time low after relegation, no squad to speak of and a massive rebuilding of not only the playing squad but backroom team along with Ld.

You brought us players like McGinn, McGeoch, Stokes, Fyvie, Henderson. Players who brought us great football and weren't afraid to take on the Premiership teams or the Rangers and a team that turned up in the Derby.

21st May will live long in the memory as will the parade.

Two key things highlighted by the goalscorers that day. You kept faith will Stokes as he built form and sharpness.

Second - Gray your first signing encompasses how you're teams play. Never giving up and plenty desire.

The play offs are a lottery but the only failure of your tenure was to learn how to beat teams who sit in and counter attack - Dumbarton, Alloa and Falkirk.

Wish you all the best, my only fear now is you may want to take more Scottish Cup Winners with you.

h1bs4life
31-05-2016, 06:14 PM
Thanks Stubbsy you gave us a day a lot of us thought we wouldn't see and a lot of friends and family never seen. Good luck in the future . Hibs legend.

hibee_girl
31-05-2016, 06:16 PM
Thanks for everything :thumbsup:

21st May gave me a day with my Grandad that we both never thought we'd see together, for that you are a hero in my eyes. :aok:

Cabbage East
31-05-2016, 06:18 PM
Cheers for the best day of my life.

jacomo
31-05-2016, 06:19 PM
Thanks for the cup win, thanks for giving us a bit pride back, thanks for a good record against Hearts and thanks for building a side who on their day could ba great to watch.

There were negatives as well of course but there's time to discuss that in the future. Alan Stubbs is a Hibs legend and I hope in time he can be brought back to ER, preferably at HT v Rangers or Hearts, in the future so we can thank him properly.

:agree:

Good luck to the guy.

NAE NOOKIE
31-05-2016, 06:21 PM
All the very best Alan ....... I know I will never ever again feel that explosion of joy at a football match I experienced when the final whistle went at Hampden on 21/05/2016 ... for that you have my never ending gratitude ..... you are and forever will be a Hibs legend.

I hope you get Rotherham promoted, I hope you give the Rotherham fans a moment of utter joy like the one you gave us ...... but even if you do that mate, even if you win the league by 20 points ..... they will never ever be Hibernian football club .... you have gone to a better league mate, but never in a million years to a better football club.

I mean no disrespect to Rotherham by they way .... the message would be the same if you had gone to Man Utd.

:flag:

Phil MaGlass
31-05-2016, 06:22 PM

For me the Scottish cup was most important. 1st division has been more exciting than premier for a cojple of seasons. Next season we go up. Cheers Stubbs and good luck.

Sammy7nil
31-05-2016, 06:22 PM
Best wishes for the future, you will always be remembered well by true hibs fans.

GGTTH

Yip I agree you leave legend with a very mixed record which is a rare thing :greengrin all the best for the future. I hope u learn from the good and bad times and go on to do very well.

aiden15088
31-05-2016, 06:33 PM
All the best stubbsy on your new adventure and thanks for getting us the Scottish cup.:gwa:

Nicho87
31-05-2016, 06:34 PM
Thanks for the best moment of my life so far. Cup runs greats, diamond and lack of width is something i wont miss.

Good luck stubbsy

Vini1875
31-05-2016, 06:40 PM
Thank you. From where we were to the present day is chalk and cheese. Stubbsy has improved our club. The cup win was magical. Good luck in the future. Same goes to John Doolan and Andy Holden ( assuming they also leave).

#FromTheCapital
31-05-2016, 06:45 PM
Thank you Alan. Hibs legend.

BH Hibs
31-05-2016, 07:03 PM
All the best Stubbsy thanks for the cup.

brianmc
31-05-2016, 07:11 PM
We were at our absolute lowest when Stubbsy arrived. A total shambles on and off the park.
He's left us still in a league Hibernian should not be in BUT he's also left us in a much better position for the next man to take us forward.

Oh aye, there was also something about winning some cup or other?......😂

I'm not one of the number happy to see him go but at the same time I'm far from devastated about it. Sometimes relationships just run their natural course and it's time to move on for the betterment of both parties involved.

But remember Alan, we'll always have that day at Hampden ;-)

Stantons Angel
31-05-2016, 07:14 PM
The euphoria of last saturdays cup win will always stay with me. It was so special and surreal to sit there and watch it all unfurl before me.

I thank Alan and his team for that moment and for coming in and rescuing a sinking club from ruin.

I wish you every success in your next post and hope you find the challenge as interesting as ours was.

Although i wish you luck i cant help but feel that you are leaving a job that is half done! Your objective was to get us into the premier league where we belong. You asked the fans for loyalty and that you got. Other than family reasons i cannot see how Rotherham are a bigger club than the Hibs.

You brought players in with a promise of making them better players and leave them behind after their greatest moment in a Hibs jersey.Granted the loanees you brought in were perfect for the dream you asked us to believe in,and they gave us everything.

They now leave to go back to their parent clubs and you go south with your team. I just hope this does not take the heart and guts out of those left behind.

Ive no preference at this time for a new manager but i am hoping whoever comes in carries on the good work you have done and gets us into the premier league. You leave us a Hero and quite rightly so but you leave behind some very disappointed Hibs supporters too.

I personally thought we'd found a manager we could believe in, after all the changes we had before you came.
Life goes on, they say and it will. Hibs will be bigger and better and we will get out of this league!

I thought that we had found a manager we could believe in at last, one who would be with us all of the way

The Spaceman
31-05-2016, 07:16 PM
Thank you Stubbsy, you gave me the best day in my footballing life (which will never be topped) and for that you have my eternal gratitude. You leave Hibs as a legend.

It is a shame you have left at apparently the first real opportunity and left us in our promotion battle, however due to the above, I will maybe let you off :gwa:

The Spaceman
31-05-2016, 07:17 PM
The euphoria of last saturdays cup win will always stay with me. It was so special and surreal to sit there and watch it all unfurl before me.

I thank Alan and his team for that moment and for coming in and rescuing a sinking club from ruin.

I wish you every success in your next post and hope you find the challenge as interesting as ours was.

Although i wish you luck i cant help but feel that you are leaving a job that is half done! Your objective was to get us into the premier league where we belong. You asked the fans for loyalty and that you got. Other than family reasons i cannot see how Rotherham are a bigger club than the Hibs.

You brought players in with a promise of making them better players and leave them behind after their greatest moment in a Hibs jersey.Granted the loanees you brought in were perfect for the dream you asked us to believe in,and they gave us everything.

They now leave to go back to their parent clubs and you go south with your team. I just hope this does not take the heart and guts out of those left behind.

Ive no preference at this time for a new manager but i am hoping whoever comes in carries on the good work you have done and gets us into the premier league. You leave us a Hero and quite rightly so but you leave behind some very disappointed Hibs supporters too.

I personally thought we'd found a manager we could believe in, after all the changes we had before you came.
Life goes on, they say and it will. Hibs will be bigger and better and we will get out of this league!

I thought that we had found a manager we could believe in at last, one who would be with us all of the way

Although I just posted....this.

JimBHibees
31-05-2016, 07:23 PM
Thanks Alan a true football man who provided a great football philosophy. Best day ever last week. Huge respect and hope it all goes well at the Merry Millers. :flag:

Libby Hibby
31-05-2016, 07:25 PM
Thank you Alan...you provided me with my best ever moment supporting the team I love 💚

Cardinal G
31-05-2016, 07:26 PM
All the best, forever a hibs great for giving me the best day of my life and also going us our pride back in our great club.

Eyrie
31-05-2016, 07:39 PM
Positive comments only, so thanks for the Scottish Cup win and good luck with Rotherham.

Green&White
31-05-2016, 07:49 PM
You gave me the greatest footballing day of my life. Thank you and good luck

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

AlbertK86
31-05-2016, 08:19 PM
Stubbsy

Thank you my man .... Was resigned to never winning the Scottish Cup and you done it.

Greatest day of my life and will never forget the euphoria

Legend

All the best to Stubbsy, Taff and Doolan

CallumLaidlaw
31-05-2016, 08:22 PM
Alan Stubbs - you need to realise that your name will now be remembered forever whenever people talk about Hibernian FC.

You brought in some excellent players and also brought the feel good factor back to the club. You gave us some great results - 4-0 against Rangers, the league cup games against Aberdeen, st Johnstone, Dundee Utd.

But more than anything else, what you gave us in the Scottish cup this season will simply outlive all of us. You gave us something that previous generations of Hibs fans were unable to experience and I got to be there with my son and my dad. And for that I will be forever grateful.

I hope you go on to do well in England. You will always be welcome back at Easter Road tho. All the best Alan.

SJM
31-05-2016, 08:40 PM
Thank you Stubbsy. Good luck.

Hibernia&Alba
31-05-2016, 09:02 PM
He deserves the thanks of every Hibs fan for achieving the holy grail. He seems a really good bloke, too. Best wishes, Alan :aok:

Jdawg
31-05-2016, 09:07 PM
Thank you but at the same time goodbye. Don't care one bit. I'm a hibs fan I support Hibs. Players go, managers go, I don't.

Rotherham, might be in championship down there but it's a never has been never will be, who gives a flying F club.

Failed twice to get out of a league where almost half the clubs are part time, unacceptable.

See him lasting about 6 months.

Kato
31-05-2016, 09:14 PM
Alan Stubbs turned our football club into a football club again, big style.

Legend - you now can't talk about Hibernian history without his story. All the great managers of the last 114 years didn't do what he achieved. Looking at it over his career the day the Hibs fans cheered him back into playing football after his illness whilst playing for Celtic played a part in him coming here, in my honest opinion. So I'll never forget him pointing toward the Hibs fans at Hampden and dedicating the Cup to us. A true story of sport and passion. Good Luck, whoever suggested he comes up for Lewis's testmonial gets my vote. Give a wee send off and a sing song.

Hi Heid Yin
31-05-2016, 09:46 PM
Thank you Alan for taking us all on a roller-coaster of a ride over two seasons -culminating in one of the greatest days in the history of our beloved football club - clinching the Scottish Cup.
I truly wish you well in life and in your career. You will always be welcome back at Easter Road.:flag::flag::flag:

DCI Gene Hunt
31-05-2016, 09:52 PM
Well done Stubbsy and thanks for what you have done at Hibs, all the best.

Thecat23
31-05-2016, 09:56 PM
You came to this club when it truly was on its knees. We had practically no players and the whole club was rotten. Not only did you bring in quality players you built up a great relationship with most of the Hibs fans.

To reach two of our national cup finals and win the Scottish the one everyone wanted was something very special. So close to the double as well! Sadly those cup runs more than likely kept us down in the end but would I swap that feeling of last sat for a play off win?.........NO CHANCE.

Thank you Alan from the bottom of my heart, you ended the jinx and brought pride back to Hibernian Football Club.

Rasta_Hibs
31-05-2016, 09:56 PM
Thank you for the holy grail Stubbsy!

Yir a Hibs legend for that alone, all the very best in the future unless you come up against the hibees!

givescotlandfreedom
31-05-2016, 10:30 PM
Thank you Alan. We can win the Scottish Cup every year and that one will still be the best.

Logie
31-05-2016, 10:38 PM
Really disappointed with the news feel it's too soon for him but there you go. You gave me my best footballing day ever! I will never forget it! Dream come true! Thanks and all the very best in the future Sir Alan Stubbs 💚🏆

JohnM1875
31-05-2016, 11:36 PM
I don't know what it is. But I honestly find it really hard to part on good terms.

Without a doubt I've honestly never felt happier in my life as I did after the final! But, I kinda think that was circumstance as in 92nd minute winner.

I admit I wanted Stubs to leave after the failed promotion push. And I was wrong. So wrong.

Seeing him talk after the final about signings he had lined up and going for the league next season, I was SO ****ing excited!

Makes you realise. He is just another manager who will come and go. That's Scottish football for you.

I just pray to god we hold on to our best players now Stubb's has bailed.

I don't even want Rotherham to be a success. Probably bitter as ****,but I think they're ****!

monktonharp
31-05-2016, 11:44 PM

Legend - you now can't talk about Hibernian history without his story. All the great managers of the last 114 years didn't do what he achieved. Looking at it over his career the day the Hibs fans cheered him back into playing football after his illness whilst playing for Celtic played a part in him coming here, in my honest opinion. So I'll never forget him pointing toward the Hibs fans at Hampden and dedicating the Cup to us. A true story of sport and passion. Good Luck, whoever suggested he comes up for Lewis's testmonial gets my vote. Give a wee send off and a sing song.:agree:one of the best posts on here since we actually won the cup. top man:top marks

matty_f
31-05-2016, 11:50 PM
Responsible for the best weekend I've had - thank you Stubbsy.

fat freddy
31-05-2016, 11:54 PM
100 games is a nice figure to end on, I remember one of the first, down at Innerleithen in a pre season friendly. We'd just been relegated, Butcher had emptied the dressing room, you took over and made a patchwork team from the bits and pieces left lying around. 90 odd games later you bring us Our Holy Grail. Please leave the secret ingredients for our next manager. Cheers

ben johnson
01-06-2016, 12:09 AM
I thought that digging a result out at Inverness when we could have easily folded after the Ross County game was a highlight of his time with us. It led to the day of days at Hampden and I will always be grateful for that. Who knows what's going on behind the scenes that may have forced his hand. I was told weeks ago Hanlon was offered a very poor package if we stayed down. I wish him well but let's get right behind the new man and start this coming league campaign with a bang and not a whimper as we did last season.

villager
01-06-2016, 12:24 AM
Nothing but love for you stubbsy

villager
01-06-2016, 12:44 AM
Nothing but love for you stubbsy

Hibeesmad
01-06-2016, 02:25 AM
Just watched the cup final again. And it has made my love for Stubbs even more stronger. Thank you Stubbsy! You are a legend, forever.

JeMeSouviens
01-06-2016, 09:13 AM
Thanks Alan, best of luck. Winning the cup was the best thing ever to happen for this generation of Hibbies. You'll always be welcome back at Easter Road. :not worth

lyonhibs
01-06-2016, 10:23 AM
The manager that won us The Cup.

Not a great deal more to be said. Could not care less about his future with Rotherham but will be eternally grateful for the joy of 21st May.

CallumLaidlaw
01-06-2016, 10:29 AM
Thank you but at the same time goodbye. Don't care one bit. I'm a hibs fan I support Hibs. Players go, managers go, I don't.

Rotherham, might be in championship down there but it's a never has been never will be, who gives a flying F club.

Failed twice to get out of a league where almost half the clubs are part time, unacceptable.

See him lasting about 6 months.

Well if thats you being positive, I shudder to see you when feeling negative!!! :cb

GloryGlory
01-06-2016, 10:29 AM
Best wishes Alan, Taff and John and thanks for THAT cup! :flag:

JimBHibees
01-06-2016, 10:36 AM

Legend - you now can't talk about Hibernian history without his story. All the great managers of the last 114 years didn't do what he achieved. Looking at it over his career the day the Hibs fans cheered him back into playing football after his illness whilst playing for Celtic played a part in him coming here, in my honest opinion. So I'll never forget him pointing toward the Hibs fans at Hampden and dedicating the Cup to us. A true story of sport and passion. Good Luck, whoever suggested he comes up for Lewis's testmonial gets my vote. Give a wee send off and a sing song.

Great post and absolutely spot on. A few too many understating the job he done here IMO.

leggeto
01-06-2016, 11:55 AM

Grump ;)

leggeto
01-06-2016, 11:57 AM
Think we should have a thread to forward to him at Rotherham seeing as how we couldn't give him a proper send off knowing he was away.

Thank you Alan, you took over a shambles of a football club and gave us some cracking players, great memories, an unforgettable day in the cup final and you leave us as a legend. You're always welcome back at Easter Road and then some.

Don't take McGinn off us, mind.

Yeah big thanks from me and wish him all the best,hope to see him in the premiership,leaves a legend and got us the greatest prize

Seveno
01-06-2016, 12:05 PM
Disappointed that you did not stay to see out your contract and get us promoted. You did, however, give us some wonderful displays and put real heart into the team.

Above all, you gave me the greatest day in my life and nothing that happens will ever surpass that day.

Thank you, Alan. A Hibs legend.

snooky
01-06-2016, 02:18 PM
I'll be eternally grateful to Alan Stubbs for THE Cup win however, I don't get this continuing Stubbsy love-in given his yet-to-be-confirmed "Up-sticks, I'm off".
I would accept it if he was going to say, Everton or the likes .... but Rotherham? F-in Rotherham? :confused:
J.C.A. :wtf:

RoYO!
01-06-2016, 04:44 PM
Confirmed on bbc sport. Sorry if posted.

Greencore
01-06-2016, 04:45 PM
Thank you Alan for giving me the best day of my life, your hibs team actually made my girlfriend a die hard hibee who had no interest in football. will find it hard to dislike you. Good luck.

Callum7
01-06-2016, 04:47 PM
16835 It's official now. Good luck stubbsy:agree:

Ricky Bobby
01-06-2016, 05:00 PM
Good luck to Stubbs and Doolan at Rotherham. He put together a half decent side here, but was ultimately one game away from the sack.
It's a very fine line between success and failure.

northstandhibby
01-06-2016, 05:16 PM
Adding my sincere gratitude to Alan Stubbs and John Doolan. Will never forget the weekend of 21st May 2016. Personally I think you did the right thing in moving on while the feel good factor was still with the club. Hope you do well at Rotherham and get a move to the EPL in due course.

Thank you. :thumbsup:

Hibernian Scottish Cup Winners 2016

BroxburnHibee
01-06-2016, 05:40 PM
All the best Alan.

Quite simply you sir are a Hibs legend forever.

Thank you....Thank you....Thank you....

erin go bragh
01-06-2016, 08:13 PM
All the best Stubbsy . Thanks for the greatest footballing day of my life .
Re the John McGinn song , still think we should keep Stubbs in it , maybe saying " was Alan Stubbs man ( with a quick Legend shout ) before the " better than Zidane "
Just my thoughts as the guys a Hibs living Legend .

eastmainsmsh
01-06-2016, 11:35 PM
Great potential as a manager thank you for delivering good football bringing back the pride in our club it's been a very good two years but your a legend winning the cup thanks to you and your coaching staff all the best at Rotherham

lucky
01-06-2016, 11:54 PM
The fact that he has resigned must mean he is in breech of his contract. In the past when managers walk out on clubs they can't sign for another club. I look forward to Hibs take on this.