PDA

View Full Version : Doolan and Holden

Waxy
31-05-2016, 05:07 PM
Will they be going with Stubbs?

seanshow
31-05-2016, 05:16 PM
Sadly yes, hope we get another team with the passion that Doolan has shown.

Hi Heid Yin
31-05-2016, 05:16 PM
I would suspect yes. It's how these things work. A new manager will want his own team installed too.

Nameless
31-05-2016, 05:23 PM
I'm more disappointed at them leaving than Stubbs....

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk

lucky
31-05-2016, 06:15 PM
They are a team. Good luck to them all at Rotherham. Scottish football is dying because we can't compete because of the vast TV deals that the English leagues have secured. Sadly being a big club in the Scottish leagues is nothing nowadays. It's all about money. I wonder who is next out the door Logan? McGinn? Cummings? Hanlon? I hate the fact we will never see our cup heroes on a pitch again.

J-C
31-05-2016, 06:18 PM
Being reported Doolan may stay, was not meant to be part of original backroom team, he gets Hibs

The_Horde
31-05-2016, 06:19 PM
Any compo for them?

Danderhall Hibs
31-05-2016, 06:20 PM
Being reported Doolan may stay, was not meant to be part of original backroom team, he gets Hibs

Reported where?

gaz1875
31-05-2016, 06:21 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if they both stepped up keep the good harmony after the cup win going :gwa:

Alfred E Newman
31-05-2016, 06:22 PM
They are a team. Good luck to them all at Rotherham. Scottish football is dying because we can't compete because of the vast TV deals that the English leagues have secured. Sadly being a big club in the Scottish leagues is nothing nowadays. It's all about money. I wonder who is next out the door Logan? McGinn? Cummings? Hanlon? I hate the fact we will never see our cup heroes on a pitch again.

Could only be Hibs.
Win the cup for the first time in over 100 years , no lap of honour, no team photo with the cup , awaiting punishment for crowd disorder, manager buggers off the following week, team is broken up and we are back to square one.

jacomo
31-05-2016, 06:24 PM

He certainly does!

Would be great to keep some continuity, if it works out that way.

J-C
Reported where?

So far facebook, it may make sense, he came off the bus at the Links with the cup and let people take pics and touch it, Stubbs just sat there on his phone.

Iggy Pope
What exactly did Andy Holden do and what did he do before coming to Hibs apart from playing for Chester? Serious question, no malice.

Heckys Wheel
31-05-2016, 06:31 PM
What exactly did Andy Holden do and what did he do before coming to Hibs apart from playing for Chester? Serious question, no malice.

There was a good article on him last week. Assisted Moyes, Walter Smith, Howard Kendall and Joe Royale at Everton. Seems to be highly thought of and, I think, Stubbs' main sounding board for decisions.

MyJo
31-05-2016, 06:31 PM
Doing the rounds on Facebook that Doolan was appointed by Hibs rather than Stubbs and will not be going with him to Rotherham. He and McCall are Dempsters front runners for the main job.

Andy74
31-05-2016, 06:35 PM
Doing the rounds on Facebook that Doolan was appointed by Hibs rather than Stubbs and will not be going with him to Rotherham. He and McCall are Dempsters front runners for the main job.

Doolan and Stubbs were childhood friends and Doolan had worked with the Everton youths before he went to Wigan.

I would doubt he was anything other than a Stubbs choice.

Leithenhibby
31-05-2016, 06:35 PM
Sadly yes, hope we get another team with the passion that Doolan has shown.

I shall take his celebration of our third goal to the grave... Top, top bloke.

GGTTH

Scouse Hibee
31-05-2016, 06:38 PM

That's rubbish Doolan came with Stubbs and will leave with him.

Iggy Pope
31-05-2016, 06:39 PM
There was a good article on him last week. Assisted Moyes, Walter Smith, Howard Kendall and Joe Royale at Everton. Seems to be highly thought of and, I think, Stubbs' main sounding board for decisions.

In which role though? No 3 to David Moyes? Really?

Thecat23
Stubbs won't leave without his backroom team. They all worked well together and I'd be astounded of either of them stayed.

scooby
Could only be Hibs.
Win the cup for the first time in over 100 years , no lap of honour, no team photo with the cup , awaiting punishment for crowd disorder, manager buggers off the following week, team is broken up and we are back to square one.

That sums up where I'm at with all this!

The_Horde
31-05-2016, 06:42 PM
Could only be Hibs.

Could only be hibs fans posting this. A poll suggested a vast majority wanted him gone 2 weeks ago. No players have left. What on earth are you on about?

Let's all just put a bit faith in the woman who signed Stubbs in the first place to pick the right guy again. I am certain she will.

NORTHERNHIBBY
31-05-2016, 06:45 PM
Stubbs won't leave without his backroom team. They all worked well together and I'd be astounded of either of them stayed.

1 don't think that is all that a bad thing. One out all out. It saves having to pay out compensation if the new man in wants to clear the boards.

Thecat23
31-05-2016, 06:46 PM
1 don't think that is all that a bad thing. One out all out. It saves having to pay out compensation if the new man in wants to clear the boards.

Yeah I'd agree.

Scouse Hibee
31-05-2016, 06:46 PM
Could only be Hibs.

Good grief what a doom and gloom merchant you are.

Iggy Pope
31-05-2016, 06:49 PM

He's made his move though. Doolan will be on a contract as his No 2 and Holden will be on a contract for whatever he was doing. If Rotherham want all three they'll need to pay for all three. Doubt Hibs want left with two?

jacomo
31-05-2016, 06:50 PM
Could only be Hibs.

No we are not back to square one!

We are in a better place than two years ago. We have a much better set up off the park.

More importantly, we are the Scottish Cup holders. We are winners. Let's look forward with optimism.

Thecat23
31-05-2016, 06:54 PM
He's made his move though. Doolan will be on a contract as his No 2 and Holden will be on a contract for whatever he was doing. If Rotherham want all three they'll need to pay for all three. Doubt Hibs want left with two?

I'd imagine Stubbs would have kept them both informed about his decision and if they would leave as well if he's offered the job. Now he has it I would imagine both will head down and Hibs will get full comp for them.

For the record big Taff was the apparently the brains out the three. Worked on formations with Stubbs.

SlickShoes
31-05-2016, 06:56 PM
No we are not back to square one!

We are in a better place than two years ago. We have a much better set up off the park.

More importantly, we are the Scottish Cup holders. We are winners. Let's look forward with optimism.

Exactly and if any prospective manager needs to see what managing hibs could bring them just look at that bus going down Leith Walk.

We have a good squad, a huge potential fanbase and a great team behind the scenes running things now.

CapitalGreen
31-05-2016, 06:57 PM

What if Doolan wanted his own managerial career?

Proctor wanted to stay on as manager when Mowbray left.

Iggy Pope
31-05-2016, 06:57 PM
I'd imagine Stubbs would have kept them both informed about his decision and if they would leave as well if he's offered the job. Now he has it I would imagine both will head down and Hibs will get full comp for them.

For the record big Taff was the apparently the brains out the three. Worked on formations with Stubbs.

In that case he is hiding his light under a bushel and I'm wondering why Stubbs is the fulcrum.
They brought the fitness coach in as well - he'll go too I suppose.

CapitalGreen
31-05-2016, 07:00 PM
In that case he is hiding his light under a bushel and I'm wondering why Stubbs is the fulcrum.

Which one? Green who was brought in by George Craig or the guy from m'boro who was only here until the summer anyway.

Thecat23
31-05-2016, 07:01 PM
What if Doolan wanted his own managerial career?

Proctor wanted to stay on as manager when Mowbray left.

If that's the case Stubbs will surely know? I like Doolan and for me he prob should throw his name into the hat if he wants it.

Suppose we'll find out soon enough if it's a full clean out.

Thecat23
31-05-2016, 07:03 PM

Don't shoot the measenger 😁 Just what I along with few others were told. If you ever noticed he would sit in the stand and when we were struggling he'd come down and shout instructions to the players. Seen it many times last season.

Iggy Pope
31-05-2016, 07:04 PM
Which one? Green who was brought in by George Craig or the guy from m'boro who was only here until the summer anyway.

I'm thinking the bespectacled chap who works with the players pre-match. Shame if Stubbs hasn't brought in his own fitness coach and Andy Holden is now the brains of the outfit! What's big Alan been doing all this time? Dealing with the press? :duck:

Iggy Pope
31-05-2016, 07:14 PM
Don't shoot the measenger  Just what I along with few others were told. If you ever noticed he would sit in the stand and when we were struggling he'd come down and shout instructions to the players. Seen it many times last season.

I don't miss much on the pitch, so I can't say I seen him coming from the stand as such (presumably you mean at ER? If so, I'm hardly ever looking at the dug-outs at all), but I seen him shouting a lot, mostly as it happens, at away games.
Formations, eh? I'd love to hear what he thought of both Dumbarton losses and he would definitely have been in earshot at both.
Anyways, off he'll go and I don't suppose I'll be any the wiser.

Thecat23
31-05-2016, 07:20 PM
I don't miss much on the pitch, so I can't say I seen him coming from the stand as such (presumably you mean at ER? If so, I'm hardly ever looking at the dug-outs at all), but I seen him shouting a lot, mostly as it happens, at away games.
Formations, eh? I'd love to hear what he thought of both Dumbarton losses and he would definitely have been in earshot at both.
Anyways, off he'll go and I don't suppose I'll be any the wiser.

Yeah I sit right behind the home dugout, he's been down a few times over the season and seemed to me trying to get his point across when things weren't happening.

You and me both, but as you say they will be gone so we won't find out. I think over all the three worked very well together and they were certainly respected by the players. Also gave us that great Scottish cup win.

Stokesy's on fire
31-05-2016, 07:22 PM
Could only be Hibs.

You are far to positive for me

We won the cup and the whole world collapsed after it tragic!

Cheer up lad

Iggy Pope
31-05-2016, 07:24 PM
Yeah I sit right behind the home dugout, he's been down a few times over the season and seemed to me trying to get his point across when things weren't happening.

You and me both, but as you say they will be gone so we won't find out. I think over all the three worked very well together and they were certainly respected by the players. Also gave us that great Scottish cup win.

No question. Not really the subject of the thread, but absolutely no question.

Beefster
31-05-2016, 07:43 PM
Could only be Hibs.

https://cdn.qwertee.com/images/designs/thumbs/68051.jpg

Alfred E Newman
31-05-2016, 07:53 PM
Could only be hibs fans posting this. A poll suggested a vast majority wanted him gone 2 weeks ago. No players have left. What on earth are you on about?

Let's all just put a bit faith in the woman who signed Stubbs in the first place to pick the right guy again. I am certain she will.

Stokes and Henderson for starters. The cup winning team will not play together again.

Paisley Hibby
31-05-2016, 08:01 PM
Stokes and Henderson for starters. The cup winning team will not play together again.

But what a finale!! As for Stubbs,Hero to zero in just over a week. I may mellow in time but for now I just think he's a priiick.

thommo1875
31-05-2016, 08:34 PM
I hope do everything in the power to give Doolan the job. He is Hibs. They way he celebrated Us winning the penalty shoot out against Dundee United and the 3rd goal in the final is what it's all about pure passion.

Some of the names being thrown in the hat for the position wouldn't be good enough for a hibs in my opinion. GGTTH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

portyhibernian
31-05-2016, 10:13 PM
I would like Doolan aswell but I reckon he'll stick with Stubbs and head south. Of the other names I've seen mentioned so far none are particularly inspiring. I trust whatever LD chooses to do, pretty certain they've not been caught cold by Stubbs departure.

monktonharp
01-06-2016, 12:29 AM
I would like Doolan aswell but I reckon he'll stick with Stubbs and head south. Of the other names I've seen mentioned so far none are particularly inspiring. I trust whatever LD chooses to do, pretty certain they've not been caught cold by Stubbs departure.I am like you. caught cold. however, we will move on. Andy Holden and John Doolan have said, in private company that they had rolling contracts, as opposed to the head coach. J.Doolan, was brought up in the streets around his gaffer so there is a close bond. I would love to see him branching out on his own but that bond could be too much at this stage to break. He is an absolute gent, they all were, when I met them a couple of times. Alan Stubbs, big Taff, and John. the big Northwalean, Taff has hands like bloody shovels btw :greengrin we will get clarity over the next few days I'd imagine but as many have said on here , they are all Legends now for the holy grail.

lyonhibs
01-06-2016, 04:52 AM
I hope do everything in the power to give Doolan the job. He is Hibs. They way he celebrated Us winning the penalty shoot out against Dundee United and the 3rd goal in the final is what it's all about pure passion.

Some of the names being thrown in the hat for the position wouldn't be good enough for a hibs in my opinion. GGTTH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apologies, but pure passion isn't enough. I went absolutely bezerk at the final whistle, made Doolan's reaction look like a vicar's tea party, but I'm not suitable for the job.

hibs0666
01-06-2016, 05:08 AM
Could only be Hibs.

Deary me.

Hibby Kay-Yay
01-06-2016, 05:13 AM

They were on loan so we're always going back, as was Gunnerson. The Cup winning team were always going to split up. Not sure I'm getting your point here.

Anyway, cup winners they are, what we need now are league winners. Let's hope the next appointment can pull a team together for that one.

blackpoolhibs
01-06-2016, 05:34 AM
I'm glad the team is being broken up, they were not good enough to get us promotion. Yes the cup final was the best day of my Hibs life, but we will all come back down to earth when 1st day of the new season we are away to someone like Dumbarton or the likes.

Just like the team, a lot of the support struggle to get up for these types of games.

We really need to get the right man in and out of this league THIS season, no more excuses.

3pm
01-06-2016, 06:46 AM
I'm glad the team is being broken up, they were not good enough to get us promotion. Yes the cup final was the best day of my Hibs life, but we will all come back down to earth when 1st day of the new season we are away to someone like Dumbarton or the likes.

Just like the team, a lot of the support struggle to get up for these types of games.

We really need to get the right man in and out of this league THIS season, no more excuses.

I agree, there will have to be changes.

I'd look to keep a core of 5 or 6 who I'd want to stay. Beyond that, anyone can go.

Need more pace in the team, more goals from the defenders and definitely from the midfielders.

Other team attributes required as well.

scoopyboy
02-06-2016, 05:12 PM
I was told today Doolan away with Stubbs but Taff not away with them but not expected to stay at Hibs.