PDA

View Full Version : Stubbs is off

Londonhibs
31-05-2016, 04:45 PM
Rotherham Advertiser say they've spoken to RU chairman Tony Stewart who has agreed 3 year deal with Stubbs.

Eaststandee
31-05-2016, 04:47 PM
Awch well, good luck to him, and cheers for the greatest day of my life.

GGTTH

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

macca70
31-05-2016, 04:47 PM
Looks like he has informed LD of his intention to leave and taking his coaching staff with him.

Once again, another Pre-season of 'Transition' ahead!! When will we ever go from 1 season into the next without losing our manager or significant members of the playing squad??!!!

Stokesy's on fire
31-05-2016, 04:49 PM
What a bad move this is for him

GordonHFC
31-05-2016, 04:51 PM
No chance of any Rotherham manager seeing out a 3 year contract but good luck to him.

Time For Heroes
31-05-2016, 04:53 PM
Thanks for the memories, good luck Alan

Dashing Bob S
31-05-2016, 04:53 PM
As much as he delivered the Holy Grail and will always be in our hearts, I've never been convinced that Stubbs has been the man to deliver the more prosaic but essential goods - getting us back into the top flight. Against Hearts and Rangers in head-to-heads we've established ourselves as a more talented and successful side. But we were a big distance behind both in monstering the weaker teams in that division. There's nothing to suggest we'd be any more effective under AS this time around.

I think we'll see somebody in who isn't frightened to hit quick balls into strikers (preferably from wide positions) and hopefully run over teams more convincingly.

So thank you Alan, but better to leave a legend on high, than risk (for him and the club) the possibility of being a three-time-loser who lucked out in knockout comps. That would do neither party much good.

hibee316
31-05-2016, 04:54 PM
As much as he delivered the Holy Grail and will always be in our Hearts, I've never been convinced that Stubbs has been the man to deliver the more prosaic but essential goods - getting us back into the top flight. Against Hearts and Rangers in head-to-heads we've established ourselves as a more talented and successful side. But we were a big distance behind both in monstering the weaker teams in that division. There's nothing to suggest we'd be any more effective under AS this time around.

I think we'll see somebody in who isn't frightened to hit quick balls into strikers (preferably from wide positions) and hopefully run over teams more convincingly.

So thank you Alan, but better to leave a legend on high, than risk (for him and the club) the possibility of being a three-time-loser who lucked out in knockout comps. That would do neither party much good.

This.

Golden Bear
31-05-2016, 04:55 PM
Awrabest Alan, thanks for delivering the Holy Grail, honestly thought I'd never see it.

:not worth

Ilovehibs
To use his much used phrase- "We go again."

No one is irreplaceable. Over to LD to appoint the right man.

GGTTH

Jim44
Looks like he has informed LD of his intention to leave and taking his coaching staff with him.

.........,.. And probably all the information about the players they have been well paid to sus out for us next season. Mind you, I doubt if any of them will be good enough for the English Championship so he might have done the decent thing and left it for his successor. Anyway, thanks for the Scottish Cup, pity you didn't quite manage to achieve your more important objective, but that's football for you. :greengrin

Wilson

Once again, another Pre-season of 'Transition' ahead!! When will we ever go from 1 season into the next without losing our manager or significant members of the playing squad??!!!

Such is life with hibs.

The only consolation is that we have hopefully moved away from the 'rip it up and start again' nature of these upheavals.

We require a good head coach to fit in with George Craig and the current set-up and continue the good work that has been done.

nellio
31-05-2016, 04:57 PM
Cheers Alan and good luck.

Doesnt bother me much, struggled to break teams down in this division. Look how many goals Hearts and the Huns scored over the last 2 years compared to us.

Mr White
31-05-2016, 04:59 PM
Much better to be entering a period of transition on the back of success.

madhatter
31-05-2016, 05:00 PM

Doesnt bother me much, struggled to break teams down in this division. Look how many goals Hearts and the Huns scored over the last 2 years compared to us.

This. I honestly think he is leaving before he is pushed. I think he would fail to get promotion again. He never changed his game plan and it clearly failed abainst weaker opposition for 2 full seasons.

leaving a hero is better than getting sacked...

007 Mickey Weir
31-05-2016, 05:01 PM
Let's move quickly and get a good mgr in early. Early June we want to be getting players like Hanlon tied up and new bodies in so we start the season well.

muzzando
31-05-2016, 05:01 PM
Think that's a crap move for his career tbh but its his decision to make and he'll always be a hibs legend

31-05-2016, 05:03 PM
Good luck to him at Rotherham and any other future endeavors. He came in after the disaster of relegation, when the club was on its knees and at an all time low. He built a team just about completely from scratch and made some fantastic signings. So refreshing having a manager who brings in quality after being used to managers bringing in nomark journeymen. He clearly had a good eye for a player. Once again we had a team playing good football (much needed after the eye-bleeding hoofball we had to suffer under Butcher), winning games and he brought back a great team spirit and built a team of guys who wanted to give everything for the cause.

4-0 hammering of the huns at ER
The 2-0 beating of hearts to spoil their "party"
The last minute SC comeback at tynecastle
Finishing the tramps off in the reply at ER
Semi-final victory at tynecastle
The semi-final against Utd at hampden
and of course the ultimate, beating the huns in the last minute to FINALLY get our hands on the SC

Just some of the great memories you'll leave us with. Thank you for the best day of my life the other week at hampden, it will long live in the memory of hibs supporters and you will always be a legend because of it.

Thank you and good luck.

biotech
31-05-2016, 05:04 PM
Wish him well, but the cup is likely to be the summit of career. This league is a big step up in quality and pressure.

GreenCastle
31-05-2016, 05:04 PM
Good luck to a club legend. I would rather remember him for the Scottish cup final win than possibly 3 failed league promotions. Though he could have left with a cup and league win..we will never know !

His Derby record was also positive and caused many a cup upset.

Strangely he lost about 8 games to really poor teams this season in the league (which for me isn't acceptable).

Will be interesting to see who they bring in next - hopefully someone who is good enough to win the league in their 1st season in charge!

adhibs
31-05-2016, 05:08 PM

Thats how im feeling. Forgetting the euphoria cup, i wanted him binned on two ocassions before it. Time to move on and win this league finally

LancashireHibby
31-05-2016, 05:08 PM
Delivered the Holy Grail and can't be thanked enough for that.

However, I personally think it's a huge step down and he's doing himself a disservice by not only not staying at ER to finish the job he started, but also jumping at the first job that came his way when arguably much bigger jobs could have come along his path.

Callum7
31-05-2016, 05:09 PM
Good luck to a club legend. I would rather remember him for the Scottish cup final win than possibly 3 failed leage promotions. His Derby record was also positive and caused many a cup upset.

Strangely he lost about 8 games to really poor teams this season in the league (which for me isn't acceptable).

Will be interesting to see who they bring in next - hopefully someone who is good enough to win the league in their 1st season in charge!

I much agree with this.

LaMotta
31-05-2016, 05:12 PM
£120k compensation to Hibs

https://twitter.com/paulm_davis/status/737692425590870016

northstandhibby

That is a great point to make. Still have the main body of a good squad for next season and the feel good factor of the Cup win is a high point to depart on.

Well done Stubbsy for the Cup and best wishes. Don't you dare come looking for Super John McGinn though.

Glory Glory

CB_NO3
I dont know the facts but a 3 year deal will probably be worth 450k to Stubbs. Even if he gets punted after 18 months he is looking at 300k in his pocket. Rotherham also have a turnover of 11 million. This year they are predicting it to be 14 million with the increased tv package. Dwarfs everything in Scotland outside the Old Firm.

stuart-farquhar
Wish him well, but the cup is likely to be the summit of career. This league is a big step up in quality and pressure.

Quality I agree. Pressure is the same in any league I would argue

Paisley Hibby
Good luck to him. It's just a shame that he's chosen such a diddy club based in a dump of a city over us. But I guess it's not Rotherham that's the attraction, it's who they will be playing against next season. That, plus, if he manages to achieve mid table mediocrity with them that will be enough to get him something much more glamerous.

RoYO!
31-05-2016, 05:13 PM
would have loved a little more loyalty and it feels like the job is half done, but we are an attractive club to a lot of managers and I trust in LD to make a sound call.

The Scottish cup will live long in all our minds and hearts though. So for that, thank you!

Super_JMcGinn
Think that's a crap move for his career tbh but its his decision to make and he'll always be a hibs legend
I find it a crazy move to be honest and one that'll come back to bite him big time. No hard feelings here either but strangely enough I'm neither up nor down with the news.

I'm normally gutted when we have lost our manager, ie Mowbray, I cried when I heard that news. Hopefully we get our new man in ASAP

Borderhibbie76
Delivered the Holy Grail and can't be thanked enough for that.

However, I personally think it's a huge step down and he's doing himself a disservice by not only not staying at ER to finish the job he started, but also jumping at the first job that came his way when arguably much bigger jobs could have come along his path.
Agree with this disappointed in him jumping ship at 1st job that came along...and not a great one imo. However we move on and hopefully get someone in who can break teams down in this Division, which was always the weakness in Stubbs' style of play. Thanks for the memories Stubbsy but I think you will regret this move in the not too distant future.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Mr White
31-05-2016, 05:14 PM
He seems able to set up well tactically against teams having a go rather than sitting in so in that respect maybe it's not such a bad move for him.

MyJo
31-05-2016, 05:14 PM
Good luck Stubbsy.

You've presided over two years of massive upheaval and change and have helped restore a lot of lost pride to this football club. You must have your reasons for moving on and i cannot imagine any Hibs fan begrudging you the opportunity to challenge yourself in the championship or to be closer to your family.

Thank you for everything, especially 21/5.

You came in as a King, your leaving as a Legend.

:flag:

cabbageandribs1875
31-05-2016, 05:15 PM

is that all :confused: rotherham must really think a lot of him eh

brog
Good luck to a club legend. I would rather remember him for the Scottish cup final win than possibly 3 failed league promotions. Though he could have left with a cup and league win..we will never know !

His Derby record was also positive and caused many a cup upset.

We only lost 8 league games all season & 2 of those were away to Sevco!

col02
I'm disappointed in his decision as I felt he had a job to finish at Hibs in winning promotion back to the Spl. That said one door closes and another one opens for the next guy in trying to carry on the momentum of the Scottish cup win. Attacking football not reliant purely on the full backs please.

corby hibee
Good luck Alan, thanks for the cup win and i will keep an eye out how you do, now lets get new manager appointed in the next few weeks.

The Kaiser
31-05-2016, 05:16 PM
I think he had taken us as far as he could. The Scottish cup adds gloss to his time with us, but failing to go up twice is a blot on his record. Wish him well and he will always be welcome in Leith

Edson Arantes
31-05-2016, 05:17 PM

Quite agree with this.

All the best to Alan :thumbsup:

Jim44
31-05-2016, 05:18 PM

I think we would have dictated the compensation fee and don't forget, Hibs have accepted it.

AlbertK86
31-05-2016, 05:18 PM
This. I honestly think he is leaving before he is pushed. I think he would fail to get promotion again. He never changed his game plan and it clearly failed abainst weaker opposition for 2 full seasons. leaving a hero is better than getting sacked...

Never changed .... Game plan

Losing 2-1

Henderson on Keatings on

Change formation

Holy grail delivered

Only saying

brog
31-05-2016, 05:19 PM
Good luck to him at Rotherham and any other future endeavors. He came in after the disaster of relegation, when the club was on its knees and at an all time low. He built a team just about completely from scratch and made some fantastic signings. So refreshing having a manager who brings in quality after being used to managers bringing in nomark journeymen. He clearly had a good eye for a player. Once again we had a team playing good football (much needed after the eye-bleeding hoofball we had to suffer under Butcher), winning games and he brought back a great team spirit and built a team of guys who wanted to give everything for the cause.

and of course the ultimate, beating the huns in the last minute to FINALLY get our hands on the SC

Just some of the great memories you'll leave us with. Thank you for the best day of my life the other week at hampden, it will long live in the memory of hibs supporters and you will always be a legend because of it.

Thank you and good luck.

Excellent post though I would have added finishing above The Rangers for only the 3rd time in 60 years. His main achievement however IMO was to take a completely demoralised team & club & turn them into a harmonious group who finally delivered what we had all thought was only a dream. Thanks Alan & good luck for the future.

madhatter
31-05-2016, 05:19 PM

I wouldn't trust that. It'll be more than that for the team. I'd expect 250k+ for the 3. At least 200k.

southsider
31-05-2016, 05:20 PM
Heard p-off big style at board. JC to Huns & 3rd Celtic bid for McGinn. Hendo back at ER. Don't shoot. Just what I heard

Albanian Hibs
Heard p-off big style at board. JC to Huns & 3rd Celtic bid for McGinn. Hendo back at ER. Don't shoot. Just what I heard

When was their 1st and 2nd bids????

Robinho08
As much as he delivered the Holy Grail and will always be in our hearts, I've never been convinced that Stubbs has been the man to deliver the more prosaic but essential goods - getting us back into the top flight. Against Hearts and Rangers in head-to-heads we've established ourselves as a more talented and successful side. But we were a big distance behind both in monstering the weaker teams in that division. There's nothing to suggest we'd be any more effective under AS this time around.

Can't argue with that DB. 👍

Kato

Horses for courses, would have been great if we had him after Fenlon but hey ho. We need someone to get us out of this league.

Saying that.

Alan Stubbs - Hibernian legend, thank you.

Albanian Hibs
31-05-2016, 05:21 PM
Sky sports news now confirming 3 year deal

madhatter

Heard what p-off at board?

Wilson

Eh?

judas
31-05-2016, 05:22 PM

Yes. This sums it up for me. In your usual flowing prose.:greengrin

pacoluna
31-05-2016, 05:23 PM
Excellent post though I would have added finishing above The Rangers for only the 3rd time in 60 years. His main achievement however IMO was to take a completely demoralised team & club & turn them into a harmonious group who finally delivered what we had all thought was only a dream. Thanks Alan & good luck for the future.

Hibs finished above the rangers 4 times with in the past 5 years.

HibsNibs
31-05-2016, 05:23 PM
jingz......talk about a ****** buzz kill:boo hoo:

Massive mistake swapping Hibs for a town that's only claim to fame is paedo gangs.

Scouse Hibee
31-05-2016, 05:25 PM
What a bad move this is for him

Nonsense, do you have a crystal ball?

Wilson
31-05-2016, 05:25 PM

Massive mistake swapping Hibs for a town that's only claim to fame is paedo gangs.

Top things to do in Rotherham:

1. Leave.

southsider
31-05-2016, 05:26 PM
Eh?

Thats major reason why he left

JJP
31-05-2016, 05:26 PM
Would be lying if I said I'm not a bit gutted. Upheaval has rarely done us any good. Concerned for what this means for the playing squad as well. Thank you for the Scottish Cup Alan, hope this move works out as you want it to.

HoboHarry
31-05-2016, 05:27 PM
Thats major reason why he left

You heard that too? From whom? Your wife?

Mr White
31-05-2016, 05:27 PM
Top things to do in Rotherham:

1. Leave.

2. Increase your salary and exposure before completing 1.

Liam978
31-05-2016, 05:28 PM

Still pretty crap Brian, gloss it up how you like but now that it is transpiring it's the second time he has applied for the job . beaten by Redfearn at his first attempt, to which Stewart is now admitting his mistake, he is no legend in my eyes, I feel sorry for the players he has let down, the real legends.

OsloHibs
31-05-2016, 05:29 PM
I'm really disappointed and feel kinda let down. So disappointed for the players, and leanne who supported him a billion million percent.

And he's no getting mcginn.

Hibbyradge

It has nothing to do with what Rotherham think of him.

Compensation is based on the length of contract and the salaries paid.

On another note, will we get compensation for the other 2?

Kato
2. Increase your salary and exposure before completing 1.

3. Relax away from the madhouse that is Scottish football.

DaveF
Happy enough with that.

Stubbs wins the SC, and leaves on a deserved high.

We get a new man who fits our structure whose sole remit will be to do what Stubbs failed - get us out of this league.

Win \ Win.

Super_JMcGinn
31-05-2016, 05:30 PM
Nonsense, do you have a crystal ball?

I don't think it requires a crystal ball to come to that conclusion, far bigger clubs than Rotherham would have come his way if he stayed with us imo. He will be losing the vast majority of games with Rotherham and can't possibly hope to win anything with them.

He might just well be looking for financial stability but hey ho, good luck Stubbsy, you'll need it.

cloudy
31-05-2016, 05:30 PM
Gutted. Always be a hibs legend. no proper send off, how many of this cup winning squad will be left at the start of the season? Would love stubbs to lead to team out one more time in stevensons testimonial.

SouthMoroccoStu
31-05-2016, 05:31 PM

You could say that about the west side of Edinburgh as well 😉

southsider
31-05-2016, 05:31 PM
You heard that too? From whom? Your wife?

Just passing on some info. Up to you guys what you make of it.

Kato
31-05-2016, 05:32 PM
Gutted. Always be a hibs legend. no proper send off, how many of this cup winning squad will be left at the start of the season? Would love stubbs to lead to team out one more time in stevensons testimonial.

'Said.

woodyhfc4892
Can unfortunately see Paul Hanlon being the first man to follow from the playing squad

Finn2015
Essential now we get someone ASAP before the new season so they can hit the ground running.

Kaiser1962
31-05-2016, 05:34 PM

I think we know what he meant.

Super_JMcGinn
31-05-2016, 05:34 PM
Not to mention 2 to Dumbarton and 1 to Alloa, pretty disgraceful defeats given the quality we have compared to those teams.

Onion
31-05-2016, 05:35 PM
At least it's happened quickly, so a chance to get someone else in stabilise the ship and start building for next season and Europa. Hopefully, LD will do the recruiting while Rod in holiday.

Edinburgher
31-05-2016, 05:36 PM
Stubbs will always be a hero but if he wishes to go to a diddy club in a northern English ****hole then good luck to him - there are plenty of managers that are as good if not better IMO.

Green Fish
Good luck Stubbsy and thank-you...but keep your mitts off our players.

Over to you Miss Dempster....

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

Super_JMcGinn
Can unfortunately see Paul Hanlon being the first man to follow from the playing squad

I can live with that, just leave the rest well alone please Stubbsy. :wink:

makaveli1875
thanks for the best weekend of my life stubbsy , i wish you all the best at rotherham :rolleyes: Legend :cup::flag:

danhibees1875
31-05-2016, 05:37 PM
Realistically, he was 11 minutes away from being sacked and costing us compensation. Those 11 minutes got us a Scottish cup ad 120k. They also got him legendary status and my sincere best wishes.

We shouldn't rush into a new appointment, but hopefully we've already given this some thought (LD has surely been aware this was a possibility for a while and has planned accordingly) and are ready to make the necessary changes.

This rollercoaster of a season had one final swerve on it for us at the end!

Hibs90
Essential now we get someone ASAP before the new season so they can hit the ground running.

My worry to be honest, can't afford to be dicking around again in pre season. Need to be starting all guns blazing.

carnoustiehibee
Not too fussed about this, disappointed he didn't show the loyalty hibs showed him, it's the knock on effect of players leaving I'm more concerned by. Relegation fight won't suit his style and will be binned like Jackie Mac soon enough

Colr
31-05-2016, 05:38 PM
Rotherham Advertiser say they've spoken to RU chairman Tony Stewart who has agreed 3 year deal with Stubbs.

Not really a problem as we need to take a step up. Very grateful for the cup but the league performances are just not good enough. Third place in the second league may be our worst ever finish.

So, thanks a lot and cheerio!!

Andy74
31-05-2016, 05:40 PM
My worry to be honest, can't afford to be dicking around again in pre season. Need to be starting all guns blazing.

Last two teams to win the league had new managers. Plenty time just now to get in and get started.

Having a manager in place didn't stop last pre season and start of season to be a bit of a shambles. Allan didn't help but other things weren't right.

LALthehibeeGAL
31-05-2016, 05:41 PM

Thank you and good luck.

ditto:agree::top marks:aok:

lal:wink:

Pete
31-05-2016, 05:41 PM
All the best Allan.

Leaves a legend. Time for another exciting chapter. :thumbsup:

Scouse Hibee
31-05-2016, 05:42 PM

Here we go.........

Waxy
Thanks for the Scottish cup. All the best. You'll always be a Hibernian legend.Not so sure you've left at the right time or to the right club though.

NAE NOOKIE
Very sad to see him go ..... I was convinced he would do it next season and as far as I'm concerned the last thing I wanted to see was us enter yet another season with yet another new manager.

Contracts or not it may well influence certain players decisions whether or not to stay at Hibs, Cummings and McGinn being cases in point, a player like McGinn, who might have stayed at least another year under Stubbs might be more inclined to push the club to let him go if an offer were to come in. With Henderson highly unlikely to be allowed another year with us by Celtic and Stokes definitely not that's another two in doubt and to be honest Hanlon ( out of contract ) is another.

I just hope that Hibs much vaunted plans for continuity that will not be disrupted by a change of manager has had time to kick in .... though I fail to see how there cant be some of that if Stubbs takes his whole backroom staff with him.

Whatever the future holds ........... I wish Alan Stubbs all the very best of luck in the future, he will FOREVER be a Hibs legend and if the day he kisses Leeann on the cheek and walks out the door we name the east stand after him I for one will be all for it.

P.S.

If ye come looking for John McGinn next month Stubbsy ye had better have 2 million quid in yer back pocket or you will get telt tae bolt ... legend or not :grr:

SJM
31-05-2016, 05:43 PM
http://stv.tv/sport/football/1355943-alan-stubbs-agrees-three-year-deal-to-become-new-rotherham-boss/

carnoustiehibee
31-05-2016, 05:43 PM
Steve Evans sacked

GlasgowHibee
31-05-2016, 05:44 PM
1.5 million for McGinn or **** off. :agree:

Waxy
31-05-2016, 05:45 PM

Players are under contract. We dont need to sell anyone.

Andy74
Very sad to see him go ..... I was convinced he would do it next season and as far as I'm concerned the last thing I wanted to see was us enter yet another season with yet another new manager.

Contracts or not it may well influence certain players decisions whether or not to stay at Hibs, Cummings and McGinn being cases in point, a player like McGinn, who might have stayed at least another year under Stubbs might be more inclined to push the club to let him go if an offer were to come in. With Henderson highly unlikely to be allowed another year with us by Celtic and Stokes definitely not that's another two in doubt and to be honest Hanlon ( out of contract ) is another.

I just hope that Hibs much vaunted plans for continuity that will not be disrupted by a change of manager has had time to kick in .... though I fail to see how there cant be some of that if Stubbs takes his whole backroom staff with him.

Whatever the future holds ........... I wish Alan Stubbs all the very best of luck in the future, he will FOREVER be a Hibs legend and if the day he kisses Leeann on the cheek and walks out the door we name the east stand after him I for one will be all for it.

P.S.

If ye come looking for John McGinn next month Stubbsy ye had better have 2 million quid in yer back pocket or you will get telt tae bolt ... legend or not :grr:

I think in reality players just get on with it. Most of them seemed happy enough on Twitter heading off on their various holidays.

In any case I'd rather have a performing team than a comfortable one.

The_Horde
Do we get compo for the other coaches too?

Waxy
31-05-2016, 05:46 PM
McGinn 3M

BarneyHibby
Thanks for the Scottish cup. All the best. You'll always be a Hibernian legend.Not so sure you've left at the right time or to the right club though.This.

Thecat23
Steve Evans sacked

Please god no!

pacoluna
I think we know what he meant.

It wasn't that big an achievement, failing to finish above falkirk outweighed that.

I am not that disappointed, he failed to meet his objective which was promotion.. two years running.. domestically he failed.

Greencore
Gutted about this but at the same time a bit numb...

I always thought his let down was attacking (we did not score enough goals Against the smaller teams in the league)

Gave us a lot of good memories and even though I want to dislike him for the lack of loyalty, who can blame him? Probably wants to go home to his family probably felt he has taken as far as he can.

Spoke a very good game and always liked hearing his interviews.

Thanks for cup, you are a legend sir.

Thanks Alan and good luck. Really good luck....

Libby Hibby
31-05-2016, 05:47 PM
He goes with my blessing, a hero, a legend for last Saturday but let's get someone in that can get us promoted next season, on that part the jury was still out for me on Stubbs

cabbageandribs1875
Realistically, he was 11 minutes away from being sacked and costing us compensation. Those 11 minutes got us a Scottish cup ad 120k. They also got him legendary status and my sincere best wishes.

We shouldn't rush into a new appointment, but hopefully we've already given this some thought (LD has surely been aware this was a possibility for a while and has planned accordingly) and are ready to make the necessary changes.

This rollercoaster of a season had one final swerve on it for us at the end!

actually no he wasn't, LD said 2 days before the final the only way stubbs wouldn't be our manager next season would be if he wanted away, i don't think she would have changed her mind just several days later

WoreTheGreen
New man is a ex player

Paisley Hibby

P.S.

If he comes after McGinn he'll be wasting his time. Rotherham ducking United might be good enough for Stubbs but John McGinn is way better than that.

Thecat23
31-05-2016, 05:48 PM
It wasn't that big an achievement, failing to finish above falkirk outweighed that.

I am not that disappointed, he failed to meet his objective which was promotion.. two years running.. domestically he failed.. simple

As much as you are right, the two cup finals added so many games it took its toll on the players. I still think if we'd lost early rounds we would have gone up through the play offs.

Only my opinion of course.

danhibees1875
31-05-2016, 05:49 PM
actually no he wasn't, LD said 2 days before the final the only way stubbs wouldn't be our manager next season would be if he wanted away, i don't think she would have changed her mind just several days later
Fair enough, I stand corrected in that case. But I still think that without the cup, the atmosphere wouldn't have been good for him to be part of and I don't think he'd have stayed much longer unless we got off to a phenomenal start next year.

7 Up
31-05-2016, 05:49 PM
It's understandable him feeling this is the correct moment to move on. After the cup win he's riding the crest of a wave that's only ever going to dissipate.

Just hope this doesn't trigger a mass exodus of players.

cabbageandribs1875
31-05-2016, 05:50 PM
Fair enough, I stand corrected in that case. But I still think that without the cup, the atmosphere wouldn't have been good for him to be part of and I don't think he'd have stayed much longer unless we got off to a phenomenal start next year.

of course :agree: i also meant to add it most likely would have changed if he got off to a bad start

Brightside
31-05-2016, 05:51 PM
McGinn 3M

If that was possible I would rip their hands off.

Scouse Hibee
I don't think it requires a crystal ball to come to that conclusion, far bigger clubs than Rotherham would have come his way if he stayed with us imo. He will be losing the vast majority of games with Rotherham and can't possibly hope to win anything with them.

He might just well be looking for financial stability but hey ho, good luck Stubbsy, you'll need it.

More nonsense,give him a chance eh, he took us a championship club to the cup, he will be judged by Rotheram in achieving his targets what ever they are,to write it off as a daft move is nonsense.

Totally agree. The morale at the club was rock bottom after relegation, it was a dark time in our history. Despite a monumental task he had on his hands when first coming in, he was one of the key figures in reviving the club and bringing the feel good factor back. He gave us back our back our club and brought back some pride.

iwasthere1972
31-05-2016, 05:52 PM
Thank you for the Scottish Cup Win.

I can only wish him all the luck in the world

ALF TUPPER
31-05-2016, 05:52 PM
All the best Stubbsy. Will never forget 21/5/2016.
Thanks 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻🏆🇳🇬🇳🇬

Hamish
31-05-2016, 05:53 PM
New man is a ex player

So that leaves Yogi, Danny Lennon, Ian Murray or Peter Guggi then

I'm_cabbaged
31-05-2016, 05:54 PM
New man is a ex player

Spill

hibee_girl

Or Mixu! :greengrin

Vault Boy
I honestly can't help but feel slightly disappointed by Stubbs' willingness to leave us with unfinished business, but that is fully a fault of my personality - objectively I can't blame him at all for moving closer to his family for a far larger paycheck and more exposure, which of us could honestly say we wouldn't at least consider it? All the best Alan, you gave our club the finest moment many of our supporters will ever experience, for that, we are eternally grateful.

The_Horde
31-05-2016, 05:56 PM
Spill

Nobody knows who it is. He's at it.

Waxy
If that was possible I would rip their hands off.
Scotland international. Three years contract left. Time Hibs werent so soft. Time to play hardball.

Andy74

Or Collins, Boozy, Latapy, Rob Jones, Paul Hartley...

Jim44
New man is a ex player

Thank God, I thought we might have gone after an ex plumber.:greengrin

MyJo
31-05-2016, 05:57 PM

Boozy, youth coach at Hamilton just now.

Rob Jones isnt working and was studying for his coaching badges.

Or maybe we've decided that Lewis Stevensons reward for his service is the managers job :greengrin

pacoluna
31-05-2016, 05:57 PM
As much as you are right, the two cup finals added so many games it took its toll on the players. I still think if we'd lost early rounds we would have gone up through the play offs.

Only my opinion of course.

Maybe your rite the Scottish cup more than makes up for it of course.

However I'm neither saddened or happy to see him go, I think a 3rd season at hibs would have defined his credentials as a manager, he still has a lot to learn in my opinion and next season would have indicated if he learned from his mistakes or not... he's jumped at the first opportunity so we will never know.

The jury is still out in my opinion however I suppose he is still young and his man management skills seemed impressive.

Hamish
31-05-2016, 05:58 PM

Aye forgot that MP was unemployed these days-

Collins and Eddie May also came into that mould along with Sergey's shout - Stephen Glass.

FifeHibs
31-05-2016, 05:58 PM
I heard a magician ;)

hibee_girl
31-05-2016, 05:59 PM
Or Collins, Boozy, Latapy, Rob Jones, Paul Hartley...

:agree: Give them a month each.

Hibs90
31-05-2016, 06:00 PM
I heard a magician ;)

Always knew the Mali Magician would return home!

oldbutdim
31-05-2016, 06:00 PM
Archie's lad was a player.
Just not at Hibs.

FifeHibs
31-05-2016, 06:04 PM
Always knew the Mali Magician would return home!

Imagine the reaction, hahaha

hibby6270
31-05-2016, 06:04 PM
Disappointed. Angry. Let down. Kicked in the teeth. Stabbed in the back. Any other cliche that matches these.

Loyalty means nothing these days. Especially in football. Hate it when someone doesn't finish off what they were tasked to do. His objective was promotion in 3 years. He hadn't achieved it but the Cup win softened the blow this year. For me it takes a wee big of the gloss off the Cup win.

Not only has Stubbs gone but as has been said previously, watch the exodus of players now who had bought in to the Stubbs plan. A lot of them wil feel all of the emotions listed in my first line.

I'd have been happier in he went AFTER we got promotion, or God forbid we failed again next season, and would wish him luck if he did go then. But now is wrong for us. Right for him? We'll see.

Hibbyradge
31-05-2016, 06:06 PM
Thank God, I thought we might have gone after an ex plumber.:greengrin

:applause: :thumbsup:

lucky
31-05-2016, 06:06 PM
I'm gutted he's away. I'm not buying this crap about sectarianism or lack of backing from the board. He's moved for money in a better league closer to his home. He leaves a legend but he's left two soon. I'm not into speculating but Peter Grant has been mentioned. I hope this is not true.

marleyhib
31-05-2016, 06:08 PM
Wish him all the best, Rotherham is a tough gig in a very tough league. .
Maybe a change is best for both parties, wasn't that confident he'd get us up next season but was hoping for some stability and a major confidence boost from the cup win.

He leaves us with a hangover and a Scottish Cup - can't complain really.

brog
31-05-2016, 06:09 PM

I didn't really think I would need to say when we were in the same division but there you go.

Fritz
31-05-2016, 06:10 PM
[QUOTE=hibby6270;4714345]Disappointed. Angry. Let down. Kicked in the teeth. Stabbed in the back. Any other cliche that matches these.

Loyalty means nothing these days. Especially in football. Hate it when someone doesn't finish off what they were tasked to do. His objective was promotion in 3 years. He hadn't achieved it but the Cup win softened the blow this year. For me it takes a wee big of the gloss off the Cup win.

Not only has Stubbs gone but as has been said previously, watch the exodus of players now who had bought in to the Stubbs plan. A lot of them wil feel all of the emotions listed in my first line.

I'd have been happier in he went AFTER we got promotion, or God forbid we failed again next season, and would wish him luck if he did go then. But now is wrong for us. Right for him? We'll see.[/QUOTE
You should write for the DR...😒

guthrie01
31-05-2016, 06:11 PM
New man is a ex player

Kevin Thomson ? :hmmm:

Finn2015
31-05-2016, 06:12 PM
Paul Hartley is a decent shout and would surely be interested. Even though it's a step down in divisions, hibs are a bigger club.

FifeHibs
31-05-2016, 06:13 PM
Paul Hartley is decent to shout at!!!!!!!!

Andy.1875
Wish him well. We now have the big cup to annoy the other side of the city.

Nameless
This is a good thing. He leaves us on a high, a hibs get what a large section of the support wanted 3 weeks ago; The cup & Stubbs out. The cup win is phenomenal, but it papers over Stubbs inadequacies as a manager. I think a new broom will sweep us back to the premier, and I trust LD to find us a good replacement.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk

pacoluna
31-05-2016, 06:15 PM
I didn't really think I would need to say when we were in the same division but there you go.

We have only been in the same division twice

RIP Bestie
31-05-2016, 06:16 PM
Kevin Thomson ? :hmmm:

Brought back with this in mind??

WoreTheGreen
31-05-2016, 06:16 PM
Any odds apart from ladbrokes wee bazza get real

jacomo
31-05-2016, 06:17 PM

If you are talking about Stubbs...

Based on evidence from past two seasons, rather than hearsay, Hibs have backed him and given him everything a reasonable man could have expected. Biggest and arguably best squad in this division. His back room team and support from a new footballing department. Held our nerve after disappointment at end of his first season.

He also did well for us. Great eye for a player, on the whole, and restored professionalism and pride to our football.

Good luck Alan, John and Taff. You did good.

Annoyed you are leaving now tbh but the club is in a much better place than two summers ago.

Super_JMcGinn
31-05-2016, 06:18 PM
Any odds apart from ladbrokes wee bazza get real

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/hibernian/next-permanent-manager

LancashireHibby
31-05-2016, 06:19 PM
Please god no!
Funnily enough my Mrs just said the same when she saw he'd got sacked as there's been a lot of paper talk that Bolton were holding out for him.

MurrayfieldHibs
31-05-2016, 06:20 PM
I'm gutted he's away. I'm not buying this crap about sectarianism or lack of backing from the board. He's moved for money in a better league closer to his home. He leaves a legend but he's left two soon. I'm not into speculating but Peter Grant has been mentioned. I hope this is not true.

Stubbs is a family man and I reckon a big part of this decision is to get closer to his family. Rotherham is a lot closer than Edinburgh and if I was him I would want to do the same. John Doolan will want to be closer to his family too as his father passed away just a couple of weeks ago and his sister in law is also battling cancer.

Good luck to both of them and Holden. You have given me one of the biggest highs I have experienced in my 52 years, and I am still enjoying it :agree:

brog
31-05-2016, 06:21 PM
Still pretty crap Brian, gloss it up how you like but now that it is transpiring it's the second time he has applied for the job . beaten by Redfearn at his first attempt, to which Stewart is now admitting his mistake, he is no legend in my eyes, I feel sorry for the players he has let down, the real legends.

I wasn't glossing anything up, was just being factual. I agree his record versus some lower placed clubs was not the best. However, we don't know if he applied for the R job previously, the Rotherham Chairman is quoted as saying AS lost out to Neil Redfearn. Based on what AS said at the Hibs Club at turn of the year I suspect he was approached by Rotherham rather than other way round. All I can say is I've seen us lose 3 cup finals by 4 goals & seen us relegated 3 times but I've never seen us at a lower ebb than we were when AS took over. IMO we owe him a great deal for turning our club around & for giving us all the best footballing day of our lives.

Pete
31-05-2016, 06:21 PM
Disappointed. Angry. Let down. Kicked in the teeth. Stabbed in the back. Any other cliche that matches these.

I'd have been happier in he went AFTER we got promotion, or God forbid we failed again next season, and would wish him luck if he did go then. But now is wrong for us. Right for him? We'll see.

Loyalty?

If he had lost that cup final there would have been fans outside the west calling for his head.

stantonhibby
31-05-2016, 06:22 PM
I wasn't glossing anything up, was just being factual. I agree his record versus some lower placed clubs was not the best. However, we don't know if he applied for the R job previously, the Rotherham Chairman is quoted as saying AS lost out to Neil Redfearn. Based on what AS said at the Hibs Club at turn of the year I suspect he was approached by Rotherham rather than other way round. All I can say is I've seen us lose 3 cup finals by 4 goals & seen us relegated 3 times but I've never seen us at a lower ebb than we were when AS took over. IMO we owe him a great deal for turning our club around & for giving us all the best footballing day of our lives.

Hear hear

MurrayfieldHibs
31-05-2016, 06:23 PM
Loyalty?

If he had lost that cup final there would have been fans outside the west calling for his head.

:agree:

Irish Dave
31-05-2016, 06:25 PM
Sorry, Im not feeling as generous as some here. I think he's slapped us in the face at the time of our greatest glory. He's taken a bit of the shine off it. I've lost respect for him due to that.

brog
31-05-2016, 06:26 PM
We have only been in the same division twice.

Not in the last 60 years we haven't, which was the point of my OP. Let me say it straight, when we have been in the same division as the team formerly known as Rangers, now The Rangers, we have only finished above them 3 times in the last 60 years & once was under AS.

MWHIBBIES
31-05-2016, 06:27 PM
Sorry, Im not feeling as generous as some here. I think he's slapped us in the face at the time of our greatest glory. He's taken a bit of the shine off it. I've lost respect for him due to that.I doubt he gave much thought to your feelings before leaving, rightfully so as well.

Big L
31-05-2016, 06:30 PM
Stubbs did the right thing, for him and us! He"s taken advantage of his current popularity to get a decent contract with the millers but I think he's made a massive mistake, he will have great difficulty lasting 6 months. In as
much as I really enjoyed his style of play I think we need a different type of football to get out of this Shi--y league.

WoreTheGreen
31-05-2016, 06:31 PM
Sorry, Im not feeling as generous as some here. I think he's slapped us in the face at the time of our greatest glory. He's taken a bit of the shine off it. I've lost respect for him due to that.

Me too bit Cummings & McGinn heading along the M8 pushed him to leave

drumatic44
31-05-2016, 06:32 PM

I'm gutted, it has taken a bit of the shine off the cup triumph, I really thought he would stay another year and get us up, still football is not known for loyalty.
Onwards and Upwards troops, keep the faith.
Allez les Vertes Originales !!

pacoluna
31-05-2016, 06:34 PM

Not in the last 60 years we haven't, which was the point of my OP. Let me say it straight, when we have been in the same division as the team formerly known as Rangers, now The Rangers, we have only finished above them 3 times in the last 60 years & once was under AS.

Finishing above sevco managed by Sally McCoist with mosni, zaliukas, mcculloch, Ian black and Kris Boyd in their squad was not a big achievement and will not be remembered.

Irish Dave
31-05-2016, 06:34 PM
I doubt he gave much thought to your feelings before leaving, rightfully so as well.

Clearly not. But I reckon Its ok express them, if that's alright with you. Last week he finally showed he can be a winner. So, in my book, not a good time to jump ship. To Rotherham?

guthrie01
31-05-2016, 06:36 PM
Please don't say we are going to lose Kitty as well as Stubbsy:boo hoo:

CRAZYHIBBY
31-05-2016, 06:37 PM
I wonder if the budget had anything to do with him leaving

Alfred E Newman
31-05-2016, 06:38 PM
I doubt he gave much thought to your feelings before leaving, rightfully so as well.

That is a certainty. Managers and players come and go but the only people with genuine feelings for the club are the supporters.

stantonhibby
31-05-2016, 06:39 PM
Finishing above sevco managed by Sally McCoist with mosni, zaliukas, mcculloch, Ian black and Kris Boyd in their squad was not a big achievement and will not be remembered.

OK

calumhibee1
31-05-2016, 06:40 PM
Please don't say we are going to lose Kitty as well as Stubbsy:boo hoo:

I would be more gutted about this.

Fritz
31-05-2016, 06:40 PM
All the posters claiming this and/or the post match nonsense has "taken the shine off the Cup win" are on the wind up, surely? I get the impression they'd love that to be the case, but sorry, never in a million years.

Franck Stanton
31-05-2016, 06:41 PM

And you know this how ? Starting the rumour or do you have any inside knowledge ? Just a hunch ? Rumour - mongering ? Come on, spill the beans, you know you want to.

bigwheel
31-05-2016, 06:43 PM

Made up

stantonhibby
31-05-2016, 06:43 PM
Made up

This

Nicho87
31-05-2016, 06:47 PM
Anyone considering or warming to john hughes. Please remember de graeff. Cant cope with that standard again. Next please hibs

chrisski33
31-05-2016, 06:49 PM

Bull*****!

pacoluna
31-05-2016, 06:53 PM
Anyone considering or warming to john hughes. Please remember de graeff. Cant cope with that standard again. Next please hibs

You define yogi's tenure at hibs with the signing of De Graeff?

OsloHibs
31-05-2016, 06:54 PM

I'm really disappointed too and kinda feeling the same. But I don't want anyone at hibs who doesn't want to be here, and after everything that's gone on in the past 9 days- he didn't want to stay.

WoreTheGreen
31-05-2016, 06:55 PM
Hope it is but heard otherwise no made up bull

flash
31-05-2016, 06:56 PM
He has wanted away for months and now he is getting his wish.
It's the right move for both parties at the right time.
He leaves a legend and without things turning sour which they probably would have had this dragged on through the summer.
Onwards and upwards.

Nicho87
31-05-2016, 07:00 PM
You define yogi's tenure at hibs with the signing of De Graeff?

Yes haha

SaulGoodman
31-05-2016, 07:03 PM
Yes haha

Another one of Yogis signings almost single handedly won us the Scottish Cup.

brianmc
31-05-2016, 07:03 PM
Thanks Alan for giving me the best day of my football supporting life.
But as Judy Murray has tweeted:
Rotherham?
Really?
Stubbsedit!
GGTTH

SlickShoes
31-05-2016, 07:05 PM
That is a certainty. Managers and players come and go but the only people with genuine feelings for the club are the supporters.

That was precisely the reason I was happy to watch thousands of hibbies on the hampden turf crying their eyes out, rather than a 5 minute walk around by the players where they collect the scarves then put them in the bin later.

pacoluna
31-05-2016, 07:08 PM
Yes haha

Say what you want about Yogi but his eye for emerging talent is indesputable. Dr graeff was a dud I will admit though.

pacoluna
31-05-2016, 07:10 PM
Another one of Yogis signings almost single handedly won us the Scottish Cup.

Another just won the premier league with Leicester. All be it he signed him when at falkirk.

Holmesdale Hibs
31-05-2016, 07:10 PM
All the best to him, he delivered the holy grail and I'm still feeling the buzz. He also vastly improved the awful squad he inherited and cleaned up the mess TB left behind. However history will remember him for one thing only and he'll rightly be considered a legend at the club.

That being said, if we lost the cup final I would have been a lot less bothered about him going and I'm still confident we can win promotion next year.

Surprised he chose to move to Rotherham though, he's better than that. Feels a bit like we've been dumped for a minger - Alex Neil went to Norwich ffs.

carnoustiehibee
31-05-2016, 07:11 PM
Say what you want about Yogi but his eye for emerging talent is indesputable. Dr graeff was a dud I will admit though.

Like who? Patrick Cregg

LALthehibeeGAL

:agree::top marks

Lal:wink:

Kato
His objective was promotion in 3 years.

His objective was promotion in 1 year.

northstandhibby
31-05-2016, 07:14 PM
All the posters claiming this and/or the post match nonsense has Cup win" are on the wind up, "taken the shine off thesurely? I get the impression they'd love that to be the case, but sorry, never in a million years.

:thumbsup:

Agree 1 million percent. That was the best weekend of my life. How can anything now or in the future spoil it? Nothing can take away the Joy of winning that Cup.

Complete nonsense.

Hibernian Scottish Cup Winners 2016

RoxburghHibs
31-05-2016, 07:14 PM

Michael O'Neil lives in Edinburgh....

chrisski33
31-05-2016, 07:17 PM
All the best to him, he delivered the holy grail and I'm still feeling the buzz. He also vastly improved the awful squad he inherited and cleaned up the mess TB left behind. However history will remember him for one thing only and he'll rightly be considered a legend at the club.

That being said, if we lost the cup final I would have been a lot less bothered about him going and I'm still confident we can win promotion next year.

Surprised he chose to move to Rotherham though, he's better than that. Feels a bit like we've been dumped for a minger - Alex Rae went to Norwich ffs.

Do you not mean alex neil?

FitbaFolkKen
31-05-2016, 07:18 PM
Michael O'Neil lives in Edinburgh....

Way out our price range now unfortunately.

MurrayfieldHibs
31-05-2016, 07:18 PM
:thumbsup:

Agree 1 million percent. That was the best weekend of my life. How can anything now or in the future spoil it? Nothing can take away the Joy of winning that Cup.

Complete nonsense.

Hibernian Scottish Cup Winners 2016

Totally agree :agree:

Malthibby
31-05-2016, 07:19 PM
Thanks Alan for giving me the best day of my football supporting life.
But as Judy Murray has tweeted:
Rotherham?
Really?
Stubbsedit!
GGTTH

Aye, thanks but as Ms. Murray has indicated, why?
Will remember the cup win for ever but league wise he failed twice & hasn't stayed to put that right.
Need to move on as fast as possible.
GG

Holmesdale Hibs
31-05-2016, 07:25 PM
Do you not mean alex neil?

Good spot, that comment was a bit cryptic

J-C
31-05-2016, 07:27 PM
Cheers for the cup but you ultimately failed to get us promoted, good luck you'll need it.

AlbertK86
31-05-2016, 07:41 PM
1.5 million for McGinn or **** off. :agree:

Think he will go after Scott Allan instead

Baldy Foghorn
31-05-2016, 07:41 PM
He has wanted away for months and now he is getting his wish.
It's the right move for both parties at the right time.
He leaves a legend and without things turning sour which they probably would have had this dragged on through the summer.
Onwards and upwards.

:agree::agree:

Not In The Know
31-05-2016, 07:48 PM

Yep and retrospectively looking back at the cup final and parade footage, you can see he knew he was leaving.

If he gets RU challenging at the top of the championship then fair play thats an incredible achievement.

But, unfortunately if i suspect, he won't then i bet he will look back and wish he could have enjoyed the cup win a bit more without knowing in the back of his mind he was leaving.

Eyrie
31-05-2016, 07:49 PM
Stubbs clearly isn't committed to us, so I'm not fussed about him going despite winning the Scottish Cup. I'm more interested in getting the right replacement and keeping Hanlon.

Think he will go after Scott Allan instead

Good shout - Rodgers needs to move players on so Allan, even on loan, would make sense.

Swedish hibee
31-05-2016, 07:55 PM
Knew he was gone as he has been sprouting nonsense all season, and the minute we win the cup & we're in Europe- he's silent. Bet he's had this planned for a while. There is no way that today was the first time he's spoken with Rotherham.

Feels like a huge slap. Bet the players are gutted. But life goes on for us hibs fans...

Sir David Gray
31-05-2016, 08:02 PM
Genuinely wish him all the best.

He played a massive part in the best day of my life 10 days ago and he will forever have a place in this great club's history.

He will leave as a legend and he will forever have my gratitude.

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-05-2016, 08:13 PM
Cheers Stubbsy, lets find someone capable of getting us out this league, football is fickle, time to move on.

ehf
31-05-2016, 08:13 PM
All the posters claiming this and/or the post match nonsense has "taken the shine off the Cup win" are on the wind up, surely? I get the impression they'd love that to be the case, but sorry, never in a million years.

:agree: nothing could possibly take the shine off 21 May 2016.

This is actually the best outcome for all parties; the players won that Cup for themselves - we need a manager that can get a team on the park that will be "at it" against the likes of Alloa and Dumbarton, can instil the discipline required not to chuck soft goals (esp in injury time) and has the nous to make tactical changes before the 87th minute. He would not have got us out of the Championship next season. This way, we will get a manager who can, plus plenty of money to invest in the squad.

Bishop Hibee
31-05-2016, 08:21 PM
Thank you Alan Stubbs for one of the greatest days in my life. Good luck at Rotherham Utd.

Now that's out the way, let's have a manager who plays in a style that takes us out the Championship.

greenpaper55
31-05-2016, 08:22 PM
I'm more concerned with the timing of it than anything else, we were led to believe that he had new players lined up so was that the reason some of the squad have not had an offer to resign ? Now we have to find a new manager who will want his own squad to suit the type of football he likes all within a few weeks ! I would not be surprised if the board had known for weeks that he was going and that they have a succession plan in place for the next manager.

Col2
31-05-2016, 08:25 PM
Neil Lennon. 14-1.

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-05-2016, 08:27 PM
Neil Lennon. 14-1.

Lol! what price is LVG?

madhatter
31-05-2016, 08:28 PM
I'm more concerned with the timing of it than anything else, we were led to believe that he had new players lined up so was that the reason some of the squad have not had an offer to resign ? Now we have to find a new manager who will want his own squad to suit the type of football he likes all within a few weeks ! I would not be surprised if the board had known for weeks that he was going and that they have a succession plan in place for the next manager.

Timing stinks and honesty could have allowed the club to accelerate plans. We need head coach by Friday next week latest probably and making right choice in that time will be horrendously difficult. Stubbs was going and hopefully as you say club have known and kept it quiet. I hope we go foreign or at least show our intent. Bit part managers to get us promotion is not what we need. We need stability which is something this club looks like never having.

mjhibby
31-05-2016, 08:40 PM
And you know this how ? Starting the rumour or do you have any inside knowledge ? Just a hunch ? Rumour - mongering ? Come on, spill the beans, you know you want to.

It never fails to amaze me how much nonsense is said in the name of rumours. Jason has a year left on his contract and super John 3 years so anybody interested in buying either will need a few million to get them. If and when hibs get a bid for either then we can look at it but lazy nonsense about going along the m8.please. Mind you I heard a rumour McGinn was going to Celtic and Scott Allan to er plus a million. Lol. It's easy this rumour game.

Hibernia&Alba
31-05-2016, 08:44 PM
Is it now official?

I'm sorry to see him leave at this juncture, as I feel he could have achieved more, so winning himself a bigger gig than Rotherham. However, he can now leave on a massive high and he takes the best wishes of the Hibs support with him. A top guy who deserves future success, though I think he'll have a tough job on his hands. Very best of luck, Alan; you'll always be welcome at Easter Road as a Hibs legend.

For the future, I think we must look forward, not back. No McLeish, Mixu, Yogi or Collins for me. I think Paul Lambert would be a great appointment if we could get him.

Marco G
31-05-2016, 08:50 PM
Timing stinks and honesty could have allowed the club to accelerate plans. We need head coach by Friday next week latest probably and making right choice in that time will be horrendously difficult. Stubbs was going and hopefully as you say club have known and kept it quiet. I hope we go foreign or at least show our intent. Bit part managers to get us promotion is not what we need. We need stability which is something this club looks like never having.How does timing stink? Stubbs will have managed a cup winning team then left the next week! Sounds like the best time to go from Hibs point of view, time to hire before players back from hols and hit ground running.

E10 Rifle
31-05-2016, 08:53 PM
I don't really care, I'm still drunk and partying from the Cup Final. Someone bring me a strong coffee when the season starts and our new manager is in place...until then :cheers:

Jdawg
31-05-2016, 08:57 PM
Never changed .... Game plan

Losing 2-1

Henderson on Keatings on

Change formation

Holy grail delivered

Only saying what about the other 15 (give or take a few) games when he didn't change or waited for the other team to make changes and score?

Also, just saying

madhatter
31-05-2016, 08:59 PM
How does timing stink? Stubbs will have managed a cup winning team then left the next week! Sounds like the best time to go from Hibs point of view, time to hire before players back from hols and hit ground running.

Yes but what I mean is if Hibs haven't been planning for replacement already before the season end then I would say timing stinks. 1 week to get new coach isn't great...

BoomtownHibees
31-05-2016, 08:59 PM
Neil Lennon. 14-1.

Now 3/1 joint favourite with McCall

GreenCastle
31-05-2016, 09:09 PM
I hope it's as simple as Stubbs wants to be closer to home and wanted more money.

Would be disappointed to hear if he had identified targets and not been given full backing.

The players are back in 3 weeks and we need to get someone in plus probably some new back room staff.

The last 2 seasons our off seasons have had disruption so this needs to settle down and get players resigned and new players added.

You wonder if Stubbs was still looking at players or will that be someone else's job incase the manager left ?

Marco G
31-05-2016, 09:15 PM
I hope it's as simple as Stubbs wants to be closer to home and wanted more money.

Would be disappointed to hear if he had identified targets and not been given full backing.

The players are back in 3 weeks and we need to get someone in plus probably some new back room staff.

The last 2 seasons our off seasons have had disruption so this needs to settle down and get players resigned and new players added.

You wonder if Stubbs was still looking at players or will that be someone else's job incase the manager left ?We have staff employed to identify, sign and sort out players contracts.

jacomo
31-05-2016, 09:17 PM

You wonder if Stubbs was still looking at players or will that be someone else's job incase the manager left ?

This summer has just been disrupted!

We've had a weeks holiday and now back to business.

But, as you say, the more settled the better. We have a good squad, even now the loanees have left.

stoneyburn hibs
31-05-2016, 09:20 PM
Is it now official?

I'm sorry to see him leave at this juncture, as I feel he could have achieved more, so winning himself a bigger gig than Rotherham. However, he can now leave on a massive high and he takes the best wishes of the Hibs support with him. A top guy who deserves future success, though I think he'll have a tough job on his hands. Very best of luck, Alan; you'll always be welcome at Easter Road as a Hibs legend.

For the future, I think we must look forward, not back. No McLeish, Mixu, Yogi or Collins for me. I think Paul Lambert would be a great appointment if we could get him.

Well said H&A, That's exactly my thoughts on Stubbs. Lambert for me too, doubt we would get him though.

GreenCastle
31-05-2016, 09:35 PM
This summer has just been disrupted!

We've had a weeks holiday and now back to business.

But, as you say, the more settled the better. We have a good squad, even now the loanees have left.

Our squad still needs sorted - players out of contract - away back to parent clubs and new players need signed.

The annoying thing is that it's not just Stubbs we will lose but the passion of Doolan and Taff also.

ionahibby
31-05-2016, 10:01 PM
Heard an interesting rumour about Paul dickov today supposedly though true or not who knows.

ehf
31-05-2016, 10:04 PM
Heard an interesting rumour about Paul dickov today supposedly though true or not who knows.

:confused: did it involve satsumas?

jacomo
31-05-2016, 10:05 PM

:agree:

That chat about new players was odd. Maybe he was having a wobble?

ionahibby
31-05-2016, 10:07 PM
:confused: did it involve satsumas?

Sorry i don't get it???

Billy Whizz
31-05-2016, 10:08 PM

Another one who's had a few jobs and achieved nothing

Greencore
01-06-2016, 06:16 AM
https://youtu.be/X6EdKtWAIMY

Good luck Stubbs....

J-C
01-06-2016, 07:22 AM
Our squad still needs sorted - players out of contract - away back to parent clubs and new players need signed.

The annoying thing is that it's not just Stubbs we will lose but the passion of Doolan and Taff also.

Only 2 players I can think of are out of contract are Hanlon and Forster, the rest have another year + left to go.

Billy Whizz
01-06-2016, 07:24 AM
Only 2 players I can think of are out of contract are Hanlon and Forster, the rest have another year + left to go.

Farid as well

pacoluna
01-06-2016, 07:25 AM
Can anyone find a price for Steve Lomas? Cant see him anywhere in the betting.

J-C
01-06-2016, 07:27 AM
Farid as well

I didn't quote him as he's finished, bad knee which is ****ed, bone on bone, no cartlidge.