PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: EASTER ROAD BANS

RSS Bot
31-05-2016, 02:00 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6536)

Torto7062
31-05-2016, 02:02 PM

Prompt and Efficient action......

Over to Sevconian FC to see how they deal with their thugs

Greenheart
31-05-2016, 02:02 PM
good to see

BroxburnHibee
31-05-2016, 02:03 PM
Can only be the 2 guys identified so far.

givescotlandfreedom
31-05-2016, 02:03 PM
It's better the club takes the action itself than is forced to do so by the SFA and shows the club is taking action for itself which won't do any harm punishment wise.

Bostonhibby
31-05-2016, 02:05 PM

Some pretty clear photos so what's the delay? On the pitch and some pretty obvious violence, or are the rangers saying to the rest of Scotland it's okay if their fans do it?

SlickShoes
31-05-2016, 02:06 PM

Good luck with that

Geo_1875
31-05-2016, 02:07 PM

2 guys who have appeared in court will have life bans for sure.

Others will have been identified from video/photo evidence. I assume they're targeting those fighting and wrecking the goalposts.

The 4-armed man must be easy to catch. :wink:

SlickShoes
31-05-2016, 02:08 PM

Not necessarily, could be folk on the goals, folk seen fighting with Rangers fans as well, everyone there was on the club database and it wouldn't surprise me if hibs were quicker at identifying folk than the police are.

Pretty Boy
31-05-2016, 02:10 PM
Dealt with promptly, quietly and properly.

Everything Rangers failed to do in other words.

BroxburnHibee
31-05-2016, 02:11 PM
Not necessarily, could be folk on the goals, folk seen fighting with Rangers fans as well, everyone there was on the club database and it wouldn't surprise me if hibs were quicker at identifying folk than the police are.

Suppose so.

Hibs taking pre-emptive action before the SFA finally get round to it.

Since90+2
31-05-2016, 02:12 PM
Not everyone at the game was on the database as the extra ticket season ticket holders got could have went to anyone.

Andy74
31-05-2016, 02:14 PM
Some pretty clear photos so what's the delay? On the pitch and some pretty obvious violence, or are the rangers saying to the rest of Scotland it's okay if their fans do it?

Rangers have already said clearly that it was okay for their fans to do it.

givescotlandfreedom
31-05-2016, 02:15 PM

They should get a hefty punishment for that alone

Cabbage East
31-05-2016, 02:16 PM
I'd feel sorry for anyone that got banned for sitting on the goalposts. If that is actually what's happened. There's a big difference between doing that at your own end andrunning to the huns end for a pagger.

Bostonhibby
31-05-2016, 02:20 PM
Sorry, self answering and sarcastic question from me.!

Geo_1875
31-05-2016, 02:25 PM
I'd feel sorry for anyone that got banned for sitting on the goalposts. If that is actually what's happened. There's a big difference between doing that at your own end andrunning to the huns end for a pagger.

Disagree. Causing damage that will cost the club money is moronic. A bit like hertz fans ripping out seats at Easter Road.

Hermit Crab
31-05-2016, 02:25 PM

Criminal damage isnt it? They're going after anyone involved in the fighting, breaking the goals, nets and advertising hoardings and those who ripped the turf up. Sky seemingly passed hours of unbroadcast footage to police Scotland.

lyonhibs
31-05-2016, 02:27 PM
Criminal damage isnt it? They're going after anyone involved in the fighting, breaking the goals, nets and advertising hoardings and those who ripped the turf up. Sky seemingly passed hours of unbroadcast footage to police Scotland.

What I heard as well.

Good action from Hibs. Get our own house in order instead of issuing pontificating and cringey press releases trying to make the undesirable element of your support seems like poor ickle victims.

CB_NO3
31-05-2016, 02:28 PM
Everyone in the North stand stood on the smashed advertising board to get on the pitch. Your looking at 5k people. Pretty sure it will be the two or three involved in fighting.

EH75
31-05-2016, 02:29 PM
Good to see action being taken.

Does anyone know how they actually enforce this though? I mean you can ban their account from the database but what's to stop them registering under another name? Or getting tickets through mates? I assume they don't put a mugshot up in the turnstyle of everyone that is banned!

pacoluna
31-05-2016, 02:31 PM
Pity After last weeks jubilant scenes this week seems to have a negative backdrop with stubbsy on the verge of leaving and now this.
Not that I disagree with the actions of the club.

Baldy Foghorn
31-05-2016, 02:33 PM

Does anyone know how they actually enforce this though? I mean you can ban their account from the database but what's to stop them registering under another name? Or getting tickets through mates? I assume they don't put a mugshot up in the turnstyle of everyone that is banned!

It would be a football banning order in conjunction with Police, which means you can't be anywhere near the stadium on match days

Hermit Crab
31-05-2016, 02:34 PM
Everyone in the North stand stood on the smashed advertising board to get on the pitch. Your looking at 5k people. Pretty sure it will be the two or three involved in fighting.

That info came from an industry insider mate, that's what I was told. Anyone who was involved in criminal damage, violent disorder is getting targeted. That's fans from both teams.

Hermit Crab
31-05-2016, 02:37 PM

A football all banning order usually results in the person having to report to their local police station at a certain time - usually kick off time and they have an exclusion zone within a few miles radius of the stadium on match days between certain times

Finn2015
31-05-2016, 02:37 PM
Well at least hibs have shown themselves to be proactive. We will see what comes of this

pacoluna
31-05-2016, 02:40 PM
A football all banning order usually results in the person having to report to their local police station at a certain time - usually kick off time and they have an exclusion zone within a few miles radius of the stadium on match days between certain times
wonder if plucking a few blades of grass counts as " criminal damage " if so a good few season ticket holders wont be there next season.

Since90+2
31-05-2016, 02:41 PM
Picking up abit of the turff equates to criminal damage , i've heard it all now.

EH75
31-05-2016, 02:43 PM

That's fine for a season or that but surely they can't enforce something like this for the rest of their life? 50 years time wanting to go out for the day but can't because you have to report to the local police station at 2pm because you tapped the Rangers goalie on the shoulder half a century ago?

Jonnyboy
31-05-2016, 02:43 PM

It could be considered that the initial damage, which folk should be made responsible for causing, is where any punishment should lie. Those who ran over the patch where the grass was removed would be an equivalent.

Cabbage East
31-05-2016, 02:44 PM
So hundreds if not thousands of Hibs fans are getting banned for ripping up a few blades of grass. Right you are :faf:

Jonnyboy
31-05-2016, 02:46 PM
So hundreds if not thousands of Hibs fans are getting banned for ripping up a few blades of grass. Right you are :faf:

Where are you getting that from? Those that caused the initial damage should be punished. The vast majority, not.

SJM
31-05-2016, 02:49 PM

Only for certain matches.

Can get a football banning order without going to court? Surely they would have he right to defend themselves?

ShinyFantastic
31-05-2016, 02:49 PM
Some of the things suggested on here are just laughable.

BoomtownHibees
31-05-2016, 02:53 PM
Some of the things suggested on here are just laughable.

Like what?

hibee
31-05-2016, 02:53 PM

There's a big difference between sitting on posts and deliberately breaking them but I don't know how they decide who broke them so maybe they'll just charge everyone on them.

BSEJVT
31-05-2016, 02:54 PM

Whilst there is no chance that those that ripped up the grass will all be charged or anything like it, what would you call it if someone jumped in your front garden and dug up your lawn?

Criminal damage, probably not, Vandalism (if there is such an offence)?

Quite how some folk think they have carte blanche to do anything, say anything, go anywhere they fancy without any possible consequences just amazes me.

Judging by the limited turf damage to the pitch, either all those involved got was " a few blades of grass" or there weren't that many involved.

There are plenty of other folk who will be in the firing line before them I would have thought

BoomtownHibees
31-05-2016, 02:55 PM
Whilst there is no chance that those that ripped up the grass will all be charged or anything like it, what would you call it if someone jumped in your front garden and dug up your lawn?

Criminal damage, probably not, Vandalism (if there is such an offence)?

Quite how some folk think they have carte blanche to do anything, say anything, go anywhere they fancy without any possible consequences just amazes me.

Judging by the limited turf damage to the pitch, either all those involved got was " a few blades of grass" or there weren't that many involved.

There are plenty of other folk who will be in the firing line before them I would have thought

Limited turf damage?? Did you see the pitch afterwards?

ShinyFantastic
31-05-2016, 02:56 PM
Like what?

Those suggesting people that ripped up any parts of the turf or sat on the goalposts should be banned. Do we want to have a completely empty stadium next season?

Scouse Hibee
31-05-2016, 02:57 PM
Name and shame them all too

CropleyWasGod
31-05-2016, 02:58 PM
Only for certain matches.

Can get a football banning order without going to court? Surely they would have he right to defend themselves?

Only a Court can impose them.

If someone wants to oppose an order, yes they can do so in Court.

BoomtownHibees
31-05-2016, 02:58 PM
Those suggesting people that ripped up any parts of the turf or sat on the goalposts should be banned. Do we want to have a completely empty stadium next season?

So the folk that caused damage and will probably hit Hibs in the pocket should walk off scot-free?

ShinyFantastic
31-05-2016, 03:02 PM
So the folk that caused damage and will probably hit Hibs in the pocket should walk off scot-free?

What if someone took a blade of grass? Do you want them banned from Easter road?

Carheenlea
31-05-2016, 03:05 PM
Hibs have demonstrated here how to handle a situation where the club and our fans are getting pillared left right and centre from the media and Rangers. Ignore every dissenting voice and simply deal with the situation in our terms in a dignified and efficient manner.

pacoluna
31-05-2016, 03:05 PM

No a very small minority should be punished for their inexcusable actions when proved. If Hibs were to ban those who took blades of grass or jumped over the advertisement boards, they would be be damaging themselves in the pocket because a good lot of them are season ticket holders and already pay a lot of money to watch them. I am not saying it is acceptable to run on the pitch but to even suggest banning orders is delusional .

Moulin Yarns
31-05-2016, 03:06 PM

It looked pretty bad around the penalty box, but the amateur cup final was played on the pitch on the Sunday. No idea how well it was repaired.

BoomtownHibees
31-05-2016, 03:06 PM
What if someone took a blade of grass? Do you want them banned from Easter road?

No of course not for a "blade of grass" but anything that the club are going to be punished for should filter through to the ones that caused the damage

Stokesy's on fire
31-05-2016, 03:09 PM
Christ Easter road will be empty next season!

Hibby70
31-05-2016, 03:11 PM
Lifetime bans for those that went fighting.

Anyone found guilty of doing damage to property should be fined by the court/police part of which should pay for the damage.

ShinyFantastic
31-05-2016, 03:13 PM
Christ Easter road will be empty next season!

Justice prevails though.....

Iggy Pope
31-05-2016, 03:14 PM

Bams as most of the folk are, emotionally and otherwise, it remains to be seen how Hibs can be hit in the pocket for any of the events. Or the Huns for that matter.

GlesgaeHibby
31-05-2016, 03:14 PM
Good on Hibs for taking action, the silence from the Huns will be deafening.

Out of interest, how are football bans (particularly life bans) actually enforced? What would be stopping one of these guys getting a mate to buy them a ticket and coming along?

Stokesy's on fire
31-05-2016, 03:17 PM
Good on Hibs for taking action, the silence from the Huns will be deafening.

Out of interest, how are football bans (particularly life bans) actually enforced? What would be stopping one of these guys getting a mate to buy them a ticket and coming along?

the club are saying they have contacted supporters effected not sure if that's by email or by phone...no idea how it works really.most people that receive a ban will just take the ban and not go to games.

Onion
31-05-2016, 03:18 PM
Hibs sensible, adult response is stark contrast to the hysterical, spoiled reaction of Sevco and their media mouthpieces.

Stokesy's on fire
31-05-2016, 03:19 PM
Justice prevails though.....

people fighting need to be punished violence is not acceptable that's for sure. But that pitch was flooded with fans...can't ban them all surely?

ShinyFantastic
31-05-2016, 03:21 PM
people fighting need to be punished violence is not acceptable that's for sure. But that pitch was flooded with fans...can't ban them all surely?

Firmly had my sarcasm hat on haha. Those fighting need dealt with of course, apart from that I don't see why any further action would be taken.

B.H.F.C
31-05-2016, 03:22 PM

And they won't. As Hibs statement says they've banned people who were involved in incidents on the pitch. Not people who were simply on the pitch.

Onion
31-05-2016, 03:22 PM

Suspect those seen causing deliberate damage (goals) and blatantly goading the Sevco fans will be getting a letter from Hibs shortly.

Onion
31-05-2016, 03:28 PM

Even if Sevco banned some fans, do you seriously think they'll police them ? This is the club that publicly PRAISED their thugs for standing up for the club - and in doing so, gave the green light to every thug and nutter to do the same in future ! Nope, anything they hand down will be for PR purposes only and to placate the SFA to limit any action on the club.

Bishop Hibee
31-05-2016, 03:28 PM
I know someone who was given a small piece of turf from a fan. He then planted it at his father's graveside. Will he be done for handling stolen goods?

Quite right that those who went boxing or goaded the Rangers fans are punished by both Hibs and the court system. Waste of public money to pursue individuals over pieces of turf in my opinion.

Dashing Bob S
31-05-2016, 03:29 PM
Should be awarding them medals instead of dishing out bans. Bloody heroes, every one of 'em!

CropleyWasGod
31-05-2016, 03:29 PM
Even if Sevco banned some fans, do you seriously think they'll police them ? This is the club that publicly PRAISED their thugs for standing up for the club - and in doing so, gave the green light to every thug and nutter to do the same in future ! Nope, anything they hand down will be for PR purposes only and to placate the SFA to limit any action on the club.

It's not up to RFC to police FBO's. They're imposed by the Courts, so it's the police's job.

Onion
31-05-2016, 03:31 PM
And they won't. As Hibs statement says they've banned people who were involved in incidents on the pitch. Not people who were simply on the pitch.

Hibs need to be careful here and draw a clear line. Any action against fans who were merely on the pitch celebrating could well be seen as Hibs taking full responsibility for everything that the fans did after the final whistle. Important that they do not absolve the police from their responsibility to prevent disorder in the first place.

AndyM_1875
31-05-2016, 03:41 PM
Can only think of 2 obvious cases.
The guy who swung at Lee Wallace & missed - life ban
The guy who ran into Foderingham - indefinite ban.

No sympathy in either case.

Alfred E Newman
31-05-2016, 03:44 PM

I doubt any bans will have much effect on attendances. You have to remember 16 or 17 thousand supporters stayed in the stands where they were meant to and I doubt if many of the troublemakers are ever near Easter road on a normal match day.

Kato
31-05-2016, 03:44 PM
Should be awarding them medals instead of dishing out bans. Bloody heroes, every one of 'em!

Darn tootin'.

SJM
31-05-2016, 03:46 PM
Only a Court can impose them.

If someone wants to oppose an order, yes they can do so in Court.

Cheers mate.

MWHIBBIES
31-05-2016, 03:51 PM
Name and shame them all tooReally? Naming someone who attacked a Rangers player is very risky knowing that mob. Could easily end up ruining his life.

CropleyWasGod
31-05-2016, 03:54 PM
Really? Naming someone who attacked a Rangers player is very risky knowing that mob. Could easily end up ruining his life.

They have both already been named in their charges.

Hibs07p
31-05-2016, 04:01 PM

I think the reverse of what you say.
Guy who allegedly swung at LW has pleaded not guilty so indefinite ban until case proven.
the guy who ran into WF pleaded guilty, so lifetime ban.

GGTTH
Scottish Cup Winners 2016

HibsNutter
31-05-2016, 04:05 PM
I'm sure goalposts/turf people will pay towards the fine the club will receive (most people said they would donate on a seperate thread), the way it should be. These people weren't involved in goading the Rangers fans, where the real trouble came from.

To go after these people would be totally unnecessary and it's strange that some of our own want this to happen.

Beefster
31-05-2016, 04:10 PM

It seems that you think every ST holder was sitting on the goalposts or doing some ad-hoc gardening at the final whistle. They weren't. Most even managed to stay in the stands.

ballengeich
31-05-2016, 04:11 PM
Are the bans legal football banning orders at this stage? They sound to me more like the equivalent of a landlord banning an individual from a pub when there's no requirement for police involvement provided the individual accepts the ban.

MWHIBBIES
31-05-2016, 04:12 PM
They have both already been named in their charges.Fair enough.

northstandhibby
31-05-2016, 04:13 PM

It's difficult to make a case for sympathy for them in the general way. However they were very probably just simply emboldened by the occasion-drink-the pitch invasion-v the sevco huns-winning cup for first time in 114 years etcetera.

The school sports coach guy who ''gesticulated'' at the sevco hun keeper seemed to me to be the kind of person who simply got caught up in the occasion see above examples. He has my sympathy.

If there had been far more Police around the perimeter imo the fans would not have got on the pitch in the same numbers hence Police Scotland should be where the vast majority of blame is aimed at.

I did not enter the pitch myself however fully understand and condone all of the Hi bees who did. It was exuberance and caught up in the occasion.

Imho It is the constant vile hatred sectarian chanting by the sevco huns that merit serious punishment.

Glory Glory

NAE NOOKIE
31-05-2016, 04:13 PM
No sympathy for anybody who laid hands on a player ... that is not acceptable ever, under any circumstances. The worst of the pugilists will also be banned I would imagine, but care should be taken to separate those Hibs fans who were only celebrating but ended up having to protect themselves and those who were actually looking for or provoking a fight.

I would be annoyed as hell if Hibs handed bans to fans who took chunks of turf or climbed on the goals ..... in the cold light of day perhaps they went too far, but they were not looking to hurt anybody and I highly doubt they were thinking clearly at full time, I know I sure as hell wasn't, even if I didn't go onto the pitch :greengrin

Stokesy's on fire
31-05-2016, 04:14 PM
They have both already been named in their charges.

Correct and the Huns have been sharing their address details online horrible ****

SJM
31-05-2016, 04:16 PM
It seems that you think every ST holder was sitting on the goalposts or doing some ad-hoc gardening at the final whistle. They weren't. Most even managed to stay in the stands.

Ad-hoc gardening 😃😃😃😃

SJM
31-05-2016, 04:18 PM
I've got sympathy for them, they don't deserve death threats for Christ sake. Ban from football and charged, fair enough but having they dirty ********s after you for the next couple of years is shan as.

BSEJVT
31-05-2016, 04:19 PM

Certainly did

What do you reckon?

3 rolls of turf max?

£12.75 out of Dobbies (albeit that they would be buying better grass)

Keith_M
31-05-2016, 04:22 PM
Well done Hibs, professional as ever.

Now waiting for Sevco's action on their rampaging, sectarian thugs.

barcahibs
31-05-2016, 04:28 PM
Good move by the club, not just from a grabbing the moral high ground point but from "it's the right thing to do" point.

Anyone involved in violence at the Sevco end of the pitch should be banned, simple as.

The guys on the crossbars or ripping up the pitch (and let's ignore the ridiculous strawman of people taking "a few blades of grass", you know what I mean) should also get an indefinite ban until such time as they pay substantially into a fund to pay the club's inevitable fine for this behaviour.

Someone above mentioned prosecuting an individual who'd planted some turf on their grandparents grave - of course that would be ridiculous, and of course you'd have sympathy with someone who'd done that. But there are thousands of people who would love to have a slice of that turf to put on a grave or give to a relative or use for any number of reasons - should they all be allowed to head to Hampden right now with a shovel?

Actually that might not be a bad idea... Charge them a fiver (OK Rod, a tenner) and pay off the pitch damage fine with it...

Nakedmanoncrack
31-05-2016, 04:31 PM
Are the bans legal football banning orders at this stage? They sound to me more like the equivalent of a landlord banning an individual from a pub when there's no requirement for police involvement provided the individual accepts the ban.

No, only the courts can issue banning orders - and none have been issued. Hibs on the other hand are free to decide who can and can't enter Easter Road stadium (but not any other stadium) though there's no powers to enforce action against anyone flouting such a ban - other than removing them.

NAE NOOKIE
Well done Hibs, professional as ever.

Now waiting for Sevco's action on their rampaging, sectarian thugs.

Exactly ....... lets see if they can back up their nauseating bout of post match verbal diarrhoea with action against their own thugs and if they do not then Hibs should go to war, especially regarding the sectarian bile spewed out during the entire 90 minutes and especially that aimed at our manager. Its time that ***** came to a head anyway and if the SFA and media are too chicken **** to do it, why not a club .... we are as good as any.

hibs0666

I think the club can and has gone further.

CapitalGreen
31-05-2016, 04:34 PM
I think the club can and has gone further.

How can the club go further?

hibs0666
31-05-2016, 04:36 PM

There videos out there showing supporters inciting huns into fight.

Keith_M
31-05-2016, 04:41 PM

An act which apparently has a previously unrecognised gravitational force towards the receiver of such 'incitement' (or goading), rendering them helpless to resist and therefore blameless for any subsequent actions.

According to Jim Traynor at least...

northstandhibby
31-05-2016, 04:43 PM

Can you really blame them with the sevco huns spewing out their vile sectarian chants throughout the match? Pure sxxm

Glory Glory

Lago
31-05-2016, 04:45 PM
It's criminal damage, end of.

Keith_M
31-05-2016, 04:54 PM

It depends.

If they simply sat on the goalposts as part of their 'celebration', with no intention to damage them, and the goalposts collapsed under their weight it might not be viewed as criminal damage, but as an unfortunate accident.

Still a stupid thing to do either way.

NAE NOOKIE
31-05-2016, 04:55 PM

It may well be mate ..... but we have had enough over reaction from the Huns without going over the top ourselves, trashing seats and stuff in a strop coz your team got humped is one thing, over the top celebration is quite another .... the motivation of the fans surely has to be taken into consideration.

'Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools'

northstandhibby
31-05-2016, 05:02 PM

I can't remember any of the 77 boys getting charged can you? Why then should the Hibs fans. Moot point.

Hibernian Scottish Cup Winners 2016

CB_NO3
31-05-2016, 05:04 PM
Lifetime bans for those that went fighting.

Anyone found guilty of doing damage to property should be fined by the court/police part of which should pay for the damage.
Insurance will pay for the damage. Thats what it's for.

ballengeich
31-05-2016, 05:10 PM
No, only the courts can issue banning orders - and none have been issued. Hibs on the other hand are free to decide who can and can't enter Easter Road stadium (but not any other stadium) though there's no powers to enforce action against anyone flouting such a ban - other than removing them.

Thanks for confirming that.

OsloHibs
31-05-2016, 05:33 PM
Will we have any fans left...? I think it is very harsh- my opinion.

Danderhall Hibs
31-05-2016, 05:38 PM
This has got to be the ultimate in cup winners merchandise?

Anyone on here manage to get hold of one?

Billy Whizz
31-05-2016, 05:42 PM

You having a laugh

Stokesy's on fire
31-05-2016, 05:50 PM
It depends.

If they simply sat on the goalposts as part of their 'celebration', with no intention to damage them, and the goalposts collapsed under their weight it might not be viewed as criminal damage, but as an unfortunate accident.

Still a stupid thing to do either way.

Those goal posts should have been load tested haha

Killiehibbie
31-05-2016, 06:00 PM
This has got to be the ultimate in cup winners merchandise?

Anyone on here manage to get hold of one?
I tried but by the time I stopped to catch my breath it was all over.

Sir David Gray
31-05-2016, 07:58 PM
The only people receiving bans should be the ones fighting and assaulting their players and members of staff.

No-one else.

hibs0666
31-05-2016, 08:05 PM
Can you really blame them with the sevco huns spewing out their vile sectarian chants throughout the match? Pure sxxm

Glory Glory

Yes I can. For the life of me I do not understand why people would want to jump over advertising hoarding to wind up the huns when weve just made history. Baffling.

northstandhibby
31-05-2016, 08:16 PM
Yes I can. For the life of me I do not understand why people would want to jump over advertising hoarding to wind up the huns when weve just made history. Baffling.

As I've already stated in a previous post I did not enter onto the pitch, I was in the South Stand lower and genuinely did not see any of the winding up or any fighting whatsoever on the day. My brother who was in the East told me after the game there had been much more had went on other than just invading the pitch.

However, I personally could not care less. The joy and sheer relief at winning the cup sparked the initial pitch invasion there is no doubting that.

Why don't you blame Police Scotland who had next to no police around the perimeter and if they had there is no way the numbers on the pitch would have been so many!

I respect your opinion though.

Glory Glory

SlickShoes
31-05-2016, 08:18 PM
As I've already stated in a previous post I did not enter onto the pitch, I was in the South Stand lower and genuinely did not see any of the winding up or any fighting whatsoever on the day. My brother who was in the East told me after the game there had been much more had went on other than just invading the pitch.

However, I personally could not care less. The joy and sheer relief at winning the cup sparked the initial pitch invasion there is no doubting that.

Why don't you blame Police Scotland who had next to no police around the perimeter and if they had there is no way the numbers on the pitch would have been so many!

Glory Glory

Yep if you watch the invasion it starts with only a hundred or so, if the police had a proper set up like they usually do those lot wouldnt have got on and then the hordes of folk after wouldnt have followed.

Hermit Crab
31-05-2016, 08:18 PM

Nobody has suggested that.

Hermit Crab
31-05-2016, 08:20 PM
The only people receiving bans should be the ones fighting and assaulting their players and members of staff.

No-one else.

What do you do about the fans who ripped up the turf and broke the goals? Cant charge one and not the other?

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-05-2016, 08:20 PM
[/B]

What I heard as well.

Good action from Hibs. Get our own house in order instead of issuing pontificating and cringey press releases trying to make the undesirable element of your support seems like poor ickle victims.

You're just saying that cos you wernae there! ;-)

HibsNutter
31-05-2016, 08:23 PM
What do you do about the fans who ripped up the turf and broke the goals? Cant charge one and not the other?

Yes you can, these people were not looking for/inciting trouble. Just got carried away.

Robinho08
31-05-2016, 08:32 PM
Shame they had to spoil it for themselves. That was my favourite footballing day ever and I wouldn't want it marred with a life ban from ER.

Let's see what Sevco do, their lot are hardly innocent.

IberianHibernian
31-05-2016, 08:51 PM
Have any other clubs in Scotland been punished for pitch invasions in the last month ? I`m assuming there were invasions after Dunfermline , Ayr , East Fife etc got promotion especially in lower leagues . In Spain , I`ve already seen images of several invasions and there`ll be more in June with playoffs in 2nd and 3rd divisions . When Barcelona clinched the league in Granada ( home support seemed to be about 80% ) there was an invasion with players of both teams struggling to make tunnel . There was film of Piqué and others cutting the nets with scissors after league or cup clincher like basketball players do after big tournaments . Would hope Hibs have quietly paid for damage to goalposts and pitch ( even though gate receipts for both clubs will have been substantially reduced by charges for security and policing ( ? not sure who pays for police at matches ) ) and are seen to take action against anyone who was genuinely violent against innocent parties ( players , officials , anyone else ) .

Radium
31-05-2016, 09:05 PM

The pedant in me really wants people to be charged with criminal damage ... rather than vandalism, which would be competent in a Scottish court :wink:

Sir David Gray
31-05-2016, 09:58 PM

Given the circumstances, I don't think either action is worthy of a ban.

hibs0666
31-05-2016, 10:07 PM

Glory Glory

People are responsible for their own actions.

northstandhibby
31-05-2016, 10:12 PM
People are responsible for their own actions.

You've led an angelic life no doubt. Never put a foot wrong!

Here's to you a man who led a quiet sheltered law abiding life.

Glory Glory

Danderhall Hibs
31-05-2016, 10:36 PM
You've led an angelic life no doubt. Never put a foot wrong!

Here's to you a man who led a quiet sheltered law abiding life.

Glory Glory

He may have put a foot wrong but maybe when he did he took responsibility for it instead of blaming someone/something else?

northstandhibby
31-05-2016, 10:40 PM
He may have put a foot wrong but maybe when he did he took responsibility for it instead of blaming someone/something else?

You're better asking him if he put a foot wrong and took responsibility for it? I have no idea if he did or not.

I'm simply defending the exuberant Hibernian fans who joyously went on the pitch and blaming Police Scotland who were posted missing.

Glory Glory

Danderhall Hibs
31-05-2016, 10:42 PM
You're better asking him if he put a foot wrong and took responsibility for it? I have no idea if he did or not.

I'm simply defending the exuberant Hibernian fans who joyously went on the pitch and blaming Police Scotland who were posted missing.

Glory Glory

I'm not bothered - just saying that personal responsibility is a good trait to have.

Very few do nowadays and quickly look to pass the buck.

northstandhibby
31-05-2016, 10:47 PM
I'm not bothered - just saying that personal responsibility is a good trait to have.

Very few do nowadays and quickly look to pass the buck.

Police Scotland were posted missing at the time of the joyous pitch invasion.

What have you got to say about the Huns who persisted in vile sectarian singing on mass! Should they not take personal responsibility when offending not only people of that faith but others who are Hibernian supporters and are not Catholics?

What about them?

Glory Glory

SJM
31-05-2016, 11:07 PM
There was worse than taking turf from the pitch and if caught they will get done with shoplifting yet people who sit on the goals or take some turf in a moment of madness should be banned for life to some?

matty_f
31-05-2016, 11:08 PM

What have you got to say about the Huns who persisted in vile sectarian singing on mass! Should they not take personal responsibility when offending not only people of that faith but others who are Hibernian supporters and are not Catholics?

What about them?

Glory Glory

Just because someone else did a bad thing, it doesn't mean all bets are off when it comes to taking responsibility for your own actions.

****ing stupid argument - doesn't matter what he did, the polis should have stopped him and some nasty soap dodgers sang a bad song. Mental.

northstandhibby
31-05-2016, 11:12 PM
Just because someone else did a bad thing, it doesn't mean all bets are off when it comes to taking responsibility for your own actions.

****ing stupid argument - doesn't matter what he did, the polis should have stopped him and some nasty soap dodgers sang a bad song. Mental.

We're not talking 'Murder' here. It simply started as a joyous pitch invasion of which Police Scotland were posted missing.

As for the sectarian chanting, you're not condoning it are you?

Glory Glory

matty_f
31-05-2016, 11:14 PM
We're not talking 'Murder' here. It simply started as a joyous pitch invasion of which Police Scotland were posted missing.

As for the sectarian chanting, you're not condoning it are you?

Glory Glory
Can you point out where I condoned sectarian singing?

Also, the polis were posted missing from my street and nobody has used it as an excuse to go fighting or that.

northstandhibby
31-05-2016, 11:17 PM
Can you point out where I condoned sectarian singing?

Also, the polis were posted missing from my street and nobody has used it as an excuse to go fighting or that.

Not going to argue with the admin general who might bar me from here. Matty I am sure you appreciate I am simply defending Hibernian supporters.

Glory Glory

matty_f
31-05-2016, 11:21 PM
Not going to argue with the admin general who might bar me from here. Matty I am sure you appreciate I am simply defending Hibernian supporters.

Glory Glory
Not looking for an argument, just don't see the link between what I said and me condoning sectarian singing?

99.9% of the Hibs fans ran on the pitch in good natured celebration. I don't see anyone having a problem with that, there's nothing to defend there - a load of folk caught in an immensely enjoyable moment.

0.1% acted criminally, either by fighting or by assaulting The Rangers players. That's not something we should be defending, IMHO.

Their behaviour can't be excused just because the police weren't there or because The Rangers fans sang sectarian songs, though.

northstandhibby
31-05-2016, 11:27 PM
Not looking for an argument, just don't see the link between what I said and me condoning sectarian singing?

99.9% of the Hibs fans ran on the pitch in good natured celebration. I don't see anyone having a problem with that, there's nothing to defend there - a load of folk caught in an immensely enjoyable moment.

0.1% acted criminally, either by fighting or by assaulting The Rangers players. That's not something we should be defending, IMHO.

Their behaviour can't be excused just because the police weren't there or because The Rangers fans sang sectarian songs, though.

If Police Scotland had posted several hundred officers around the perimeter no pitch invasion or the numbers involved would have occurred. That is the normal response a few minutes before the end of a huge match. Just think they should have been pro-active in this matter Matty?

Sir David Gray
31-05-2016, 11:31 PM
If Police Scotland had posted several hundred officers around the perimeter no pitch invasion or the numbers involved would have occurred. That is the normal response a few minutes before the end of a huge match. Just think they should have been pro-active in this matter Matty?

That is correct, although it still doesn't excuse anyone who decided to go onto the pitch and physically assault anyone.

Despite the lack of a police presence at the end of the game, the vast majority of people who went onto the pitch did so with absolutely zero criminal intent.

matty_f
31-05-2016, 11:35 PM
That is correct, although it still doesn't excuse anyone who decided to go onto the pitch and physically assault anyone.

Despite the lack of a police presence at the end of the game, the vast majority of people who went onto the pitch did so with absolutely zero criminal intent.

:agree:

Surely we're not saying that we need police there in order to remember to behave acceptably?

northstandhibby
31-05-2016, 11:40 PM

Surely we're not saying that we need police there in order to remember to behave acceptably?

Are you really saying if you were left to your own devices in a chocolate shop overnight you wouldn't have a nibble?

:greengrin

matty_f
31-05-2016, 11:44 PM
Are you really saying if you were left to your own devices in a chocolate shop overnight you wouldn't have a nibble?

:greengrin

Would I become a thief because nobody is watching? Nope.

northstandhibby
31-05-2016, 11:47 PM
Would I become a thief because nobody is watching? Nope.

Seems somebody stole your sense of humour.

Glory Glory

matty_f
31-05-2016, 11:48 PM
Seems somebody stole your sense of humour.

Glory Glory

:faf:

LustForLeith
01-06-2016, 05:49 AM

Company who provide the advertising boards have quoted the cost to replace the damaged ones being £600,000 I think

green day
01-06-2016, 05:53 AM
Company who provide the advertising boards have quoted the cost to replace the damaged ones being £600,000 I think

Internet rumour. Owner is a Jambo so let's assume he is lying.

linlithgowhibbie
01-06-2016, 05:58 AM

I would be really surprised if that was the cost and they were not insured. Hibs pay the excess on the insurance and all is square!!:agree:

marinello59
01-06-2016, 06:03 AM
I would be really surprised if that was the cost and they were not insured. Hibs pay the excess on the insurance and all is square!!:agree:

It's the individuals concerned who would be liable for any excess etc surely, not Hibs.

Hibrandenburg
01-06-2016, 06:06 AM
Went to pick up some cash at the bank today. No polis around so I robbed it instead.

Carheenlea
01-06-2016, 06:29 AM
Internet rumour. Owner is a Jambo so let's assume he is lying.

It's the third biggest advertising boarding in Scotland, so won't come cheap.

Danderhall Hibs
01-06-2016, 06:29 AM

What about them?

Glory Glory

Yes they should take responsibility for their actions as well. I'm sure someone will say it's not their fault though and they only done it cos no one told them to stop?

Hibby70
01-06-2016, 06:40 AM
It's the third biggest advertising boarding in Scotland, so won't come cheap.

450,000 pixels I believe.

Nakedmanoncrack
01-06-2016, 06:45 AM
450,000 pixels I believe.

450,000 pieces now.

Santa Cruz
01-06-2016, 06:53 AM
I took an extra 2 sachets of brown sauce with my pie. Had them in the cupboard but dumped them now.

gogsy23
01-06-2016, 09:39 AM
I have no problems with life bans when deserved but the police indepenent inqiry being held at govan station.. Come on its hardly independent is it.

CropleyWasGod
01-06-2016, 09:41 AM
I have no problems with life bans when deserved but the police indepenent inqiry being held at govan station.. Come on its hardly independent is it.

Think you're getting your wires crossed.

The police operation to identify offenders is based in Govan. That makes sense.

The "independent enquiry", being set up by the SFA, is a separate thing.

gogsy23
01-06-2016, 10:37 AM
Yes sorry. Why does it make sense to hold the police at govan? Its hardly a neutral location

Moulin Yarns
01-06-2016, 10:39 AM
Yes sorry. Why does it make sense to hold the police at govan? Its hardly a neutral location

Said it before, closer to find the main culprits :greengrin

Haymaker
01-06-2016, 10:42 AM

Is it not the closest police station?

CropleyWasGod
01-06-2016, 10:43 AM

Where would you prefer, somewhere like Shotts? :cb

The policing of the match was the responsibility of Glasgow-based police. They now have to follow up that operation by dealing with the trouble. The fact that they have chosen Helen Street is probably down to practical issues, such as availability of personnel and office space.

jacomo
01-06-2016, 10:44 AM

£600k for an advertising board. Lol.

Onion
01-06-2016, 10:46 AM
£600k for an advertising board. Lol.

They'll have insurance. If not, they should have had !

gogsy23
01-06-2016, 11:19 AM
I agree with your reasoning it just seems to be very apt its govan. Have heard other things about govan but its not for a public forum.

Where would you prefer, somewhere like Shotts? :cb

The policing of the match was the responsibility of Glasgow-based police. They now have to follow up that operation by dealing with the trouble. The fact that they have chosen Helen Street is probably down to practical issues, such as availability of personnel and office space.

leggeto
01-06-2016, 11:51 AM
It's a shame folk are getting banned after this amazing game,ok some folk got carried away but there would have been no fighting if they mutants hadn't come on the pitch,only one hibby merits a ban and that's the guy who wanted to take on the rangers players,Let the police deal with the rest I say

marinello59
01-06-2016, 11:55 AM
It's a shame folk are getting banned after this amazing game,ok some folk got carried away but there would have been no fighting if they mutants hadn't come on the pitch,only one hibby merits a ban and that's the guy who wanted to take on the rangers players,Let the police deal with the rest I say

To be fair there would have been no fighting if no Hibs fan had gone on the pitch.
I have no problems with those Hibs fans who streamed on at the final whistle, the emotion running through the stands was off the scale. It did have consequences though. Let's not play the Hun game and absolve ourselves of all blame.

Kojock
01-06-2016, 12:08 PM
That's fine for a season or that but surely they can't enforce something like this for the rest of their life? 50 years time wanting to go out for the day but can't because you have to report to the local police station at 2pm because you tapped the Rangers goalie on the shoulder half a century ago?

(6)

A football banning order must specify the period for which it is to have effect.

(7)

That period is not to exceed—

(a) 10 years, in the case of an order made under section 51 made in addition to a sentence of imprisonment;

(b) 5 years, in the case of an order made under section 51 other than one mentioned in paragraph (a);

(c) 3 years, in the case of an order made under section 52.

A football banning covers all the UK and abroad. Hibs can only ban supporters from attending ER.

Kojock
01-06-2016, 12:13 PM
To be fair there would have been no fighting if no Hibs fan had gone on the pitch.
I have no problems with those Hibs fans who streamed on at the final whistle, the emotion running through the stands was off the scale. It did have consequences though. Let's not play the Hun game and absolve ourselves of all blame.

Exactly, What reason can any fan give for going over the halfway line ?

Newry Hibs
01-06-2016, 12:22 PM
As a side note to this thread - when Radio Five Live were reporting this action by Hibs, the reporter (Roddy Forstyh I think) stated that 'Hibs fans invaded the pitch and Rangers players were assaulted'. No alleged. No qualifications about numbers. Just stated as a fact.

The BBC TV report later did say 'alleged' I think.

s.a.m
01-06-2016, 12:26 PM

leggeto
01-06-2016, 12:31 PM

It did start because of us but I suspect any other teams fans wouldn't have got as wound up as them being taunted by fans waving scarves at them fom 20 feet with probably a few giruys

Phil MaGlass
01-06-2016, 02:03 PM
To be honest if the tables were turned and the HUNS had done that to us (and there was some good taunting going on) I wouldnt have hesitated, I´d have been on the pitch, bitch slappin them back tae Govan.

lucky
01-06-2016, 02:17 PM
The reality once supporters entered the pitch they broke the law. But a common sense approach must be taken.
Those who assaulted Rangers players--charged and court deals with them, more than likely jailed
Those who fought with Rangers fans --charged and court deals with them, more than likely jailed
Those who vandalised Hampden --- charged and court deals with them, banning orders.
Those who enter the field of play a warning from Hibernian.
Those with a little bit of turf-- warning letter

Those who remained in the stands 100 loyalty points

Andy74
01-06-2016, 02:19 PM
Exactly, What reason can any fan give for going over the halfway line ?

Hibs players were still in that half - what pitch invasions at end of games have you seen that the half way line is any better a barrier than the wall and the advertising people have already jumped over?

For those in the other half it was still celebratory, other than one or two numpties. Opposition fans generally do not see fit to jump on fight. They see it all through their own ideas of self importance. They think it was all about hating them and goading them. They didn't need to react any more than fans watching celebrating and goading after a goal have to.

WHAM
01-06-2016, 02:26 PM
The reality once supporters entered the pitch they broke the law. But a common sense approach must be taken.
Those who assaulted Rangers players--charged and court deals with them, more than likely jailed
Those who fought with Rangers fans --charged and court deals with them, more than likely jailed
Those who vandalised Hampden --- charged and court deals with them, banning orders.

I think it would be fairly harsh for anyone who got caught up in a scuffle and threw one or two punches to be jailed. Probably a fine and banning order more likely.

pacoluna
01-06-2016, 02:32 PM

Dear ****

Thank you for your continued support and the renewal of your season ticket. NO one is valued more than the supporter and we thank you for continuing to be a part of life with Hibernian.

However me must warn you in future we can not and will not tolerate yourself and others running on to the field of play and plucking a few blades of grass on any occasion - even the Scottish cup final after 114 years of waiting.

Thanks Once again

Hibs

Alfred E Newman
01-06-2016, 02:48 PM
Hibs players were still in that half - what pitch invasions at end of games have you seen that the half way line is any better a barrier than the wall and the advertising people have already jumped over?

For those in the other half it was still celebratory, other than one or two numpties. Opposition fans generally do not see fit to jump on fight. They see it all through their own ideas of self importance. They think it was all about hating them and goading them. They didn't need to react any more than fans watching celebrating and goading after a goal have to.

https://youtu.be/I5PORBIoeSY

CropleyWasGod
01-06-2016, 03:00 PM
Another one:-

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/our-region/edinburgh/teen-faces-court-over-scottish-cup-final-violence-1-4143448

leither17
01-06-2016, 03:06 PM

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/our-region/edinburgh/teen-faces-court-over-scottish-cup-final-violence-1-4143448

Assault with a jacket

BigKev
01-06-2016, 03:07 PM
Assault with a jacket

How do you assault someone with a jacket 😂

Billy Whizz
01-06-2016, 03:16 PM

An Edinburgh lad supporting Rangers?

CapitalGreen
01-06-2016, 03:18 PM
An Edinburgh lad supporting Rangers?

Hibs supporter

BurghHibby
01-06-2016, 03:20 PM
How do you assault someone with a jacket 

Must have been a combat jacket.

Billy Whizz
01-06-2016, 03:38 PM
Hibs supporter

The impression I got from the article, was he allegedly hit a Hibs fan, so presumed he was a Rangers fan

leggeto
01-06-2016, 03:42 PM
How do you assault someone with a jacket 😂

Was it Steven segal,he could do some damage with a jacket :)

Hibby70
01-06-2016, 03:44 PM
Full mental jacket

CropleyWasGod
01-06-2016, 03:46 PM
Assault with a jacket

You're jerkin me off.

SlickShoes
01-06-2016, 03:53 PM
Google the guys name, he's a The Rangers supporter(based on other news articles) and is accused of throwing to the ground the guy that swung at Lee Wallace.

CapitalGreen
01-06-2016, 04:06 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ci_5T6qWsAQu0wY.jpg

Guy in the black T-shirt, jacket in hand visible behind the polis.

CB_NO3
01-06-2016, 04:11 PM
You having a laugh
Care to elaborate?

Velma Dinkley
01-06-2016, 04:15 PM
Any word on the guys who assaulted people with their shoes...while still on their feet?

Billy Whizz
01-06-2016, 04:17 PM
Care to elaborate?

You said everyone in the North stand stood on the advertising board, unless I'm mis reading your post, that's around 4,000 fans

BigKev
01-06-2016, 04:17 PM

The guy with his bird's pants on?

CB_NO3
01-06-2016, 04:24 PM
You said everyone in the North stand stood on the advertising board, unless I'm mis reading your post, that's around 4,000 fans
I think you have misread. Everyone from the north stand had to either trample over the fancy LCD advertisment boards to get on the pitch. They were smashed to bits. My point is, Hibs are not going to charge 4000 fans for damage. Thats when insurance comes in. The only people that will get fines are the fighters.

Billy Whizz
01-06-2016, 04:29 PM
I think you have misread. Everyone from the north stand had to either trample over the fancy LCD advertisment boards to get on the pitch. They were smashed to bits. My point is, Hibs are not going to charge 4000 fans for damage. Thats when insurance comes in. The only people that will get fines are the fighters.

Apologies if I've misread your post, thought you said everyone in the north stand stood on the boards

Baldy Foghorn
01-06-2016, 04:43 PM

wearing his GF's knickers:greengrin

Sir David Gray
01-06-2016, 04:53 PM
Went to pick up some cash at the bank today. No polis around so I robbed it instead.

Reported.

lucky
01-06-2016, 05:14 PM
I think it would be fairly harsh for anyone who got caught up in a scuffle and threw one or two punches to be jailed. Probably a fine and banning order more likely.

That's what the court will do. Anyone found guilty of fighting in the pitch will be jailed. I think they will be very lucky if they are not.

Hermit Crab
02-06-2016, 05:25 AM
That's what the court will do. Anyone found guilty of fighting in the pitch will be jailed. I think they will be very lucky if they are not.

:agree: Courts hate football fans.

Keith_M
02-06-2016, 05:37 AM

Thank goodness I was only fighting in the street then

:wink:

TamHibs
02-06-2016, 07:04 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/teen-appears-court-charged-throwing-8094663#HbyDBDqTSg6f2ixH.97

Definitely a Rangers fan, he's accused of throwing Dale Pryde to the ground & kicking him. Dale is the Hibs fan who is accused of attempting to assault Lee Wallace