PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: CLUB STATEMENT: ALAN STUBBS

Pages : [1] 2

RSS Bot
30-05-2016, 05:40 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6534)

Diclonius
30-05-2016, 05:41 PM
All the best Alan. You're leaving a legend.

Onwards and upwards. Stuart McCall please.

gogsy23
30-05-2016, 05:42 PM
Sakes

matty_f
Ooft. This could go either way!

MyJo
Oh well, I guess that's that then

Need to move quickly on a new manager given our European games are in like 6 or 7 weeks

thebausburst
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6534)

Looking likely Stubbs may be away.

SeanWilson
30-05-2016, 05:43 PM
poor, poor patter that. Hey ho, hopefully we have a succession plan in place and Rotherdump have £5M for McGinn :greengrin

SeanWilson
30-05-2016, 05:44 PM

Really? That reeks of he's away to settle personal terms.

hibeemikey21

These things only ever go one way

Greencore
Good luck to him if he leaves. He would leave a legend. Not sure if he ready for the championship in engerland only he can say that.

hibee_girl
Really hope he thinks it's best to stay with us.

Rotherham ffs! :rolleyes:

ShinyFantastic
30-05-2016, 05:45 PM
If Sir Stubbsy does go, let's get Alex McLeish back

B.H.F.C
30-05-2016, 05:46 PM
Forever grateful to him for winning the Scottish Cup.

But we need someone who is 100% committed to us. And we need to fix it quickly if he does go.

HH81
Really hope he thinks it's best to stay with us.

Rotherham ffs! :rolleyes:

The championship in England is a step up.

Golden Bear
It's the Hibs way I'm afraid.

It's not so much losing Stubbs that bothers me but more the impact it will have on the playing squad.

CraigHibee
Let's see what happens

hibee_girl
30-05-2016, 05:47 PM
The championship in England is a step up.

Maybe but with Rotherham it's unlikely he's going to be challenging for the league title

blackpoolhibs
30-05-2016, 05:48 PM
If he wants to talk to Rotherham then its best he leaves now. No point him coming back and taking us into a new season when he might be off at any moment when another club probably better than them come knocking.

Thanks for the memories Alan, now lets get the next man in quickly.

hibee_girl

It's not so much losing Stubbs that bothers me but more the impact it will have on the playing squad.

:agree:

Waxy
No great.throws everything up in the air regarding getting of to a flyer next season.Just because Rotherham need a manager they wreck what we've got.sky tv money has alot to answer for.

SeanWilson
30-05-2016, 05:49 PM
If he wants to talk to Rotherham then its best he leaves now. No point him coming back and taking us into a new season when he might be off at any moment when another club probably better than them come knocking.

100%

Hibernia&Alba
I fully understand his wanting to leave on a high note, but Rotherham United? Yes, they're in the English Championship, but I can't believe he (or anyone else) would rather manage Rotherham than Hibs. It will just be a relegation battle there.

HH81
Maybe but with Rotherham it's unlikely he's going to be challenging for the league title

If he does well he will get a premiership job, that is how it works. Rothetham have a decent ground and fan base these days so he may see it as a good step.

Galahibby
I just don't get it. It can surely only be for family reasons, in which case there's not a lot we can do. Crap if he does go though. 😩

ekhibee
Oh well, I guess that's that then

Need to move quickly on a new manager given our European games are in like 6 or 7 weeks
Just what I was thinking, and no time to allow any new manager or players to 'bed in' either by the looks of it.

givescotlandfreedom
Stubbs will leave a hero.

Sir David Gray
30-05-2016, 05:50 PM
I'm confident he'll want to stay with us.

If not I genuinely wish him all the best. He was a big part of the best day of my life last Saturday and for that he will forever have my gratitude.

Gatecrasher

Exactly, if he's interested at all in leaving its best he goes now.

Stokesy's on fire
If Sir Stubbsy does go, let's get Alex McLeish back

I agree with this totally Mcleish for hibs manger should Stubbs go

Brooster
Life goes on. Bright young manager with innovative ideas required.

Thegreenside
30-05-2016, 05:52 PM
Good luck, won the cup but finished miles behind the teams that won the league the last couple seasons

Andy74

I'm sure they enjoy playing under Stubbs but the only thing that matters now is how they perform next year. Players have to get used to new managers all the time.

The league has been won the past two years with new managers in place.

KWJ
While it's disappointing that he made it known that he wants to speak to Rotherham, that doesn't necessarily mean he's ready to sign.

He'll be doing some weighing up, European football, a huge chance of promotion and defending one cup and potentially going one better in another is a lot of pros for staying and avoiding a high profile relegation fight.

If he goes to Rotherham and gets relegated and sacked then he'd be doing well to get another gig in England.

Facilities could play a part too. I don't know what their training ground is like but Easter Road is literally twice as big as their daftly named ground.

BroxburnHibee
30-05-2016, 05:53 PM
He'll probably go now and to be honest I think in the long run it will be a good thing.

He's had 2 cracks at getting us up and failed. Despite winning the cup I suspect another slow start next season and there would soon be calls for him to go and frankly I really don't want to see that.

He has earned legendary status with us and however his career goes now we will always adore him for that.

The key is getting the right replacement and hitting the ground running.

I suspect he will see Rotherham as the next step on an upward spiral.

I wish him the very best.

hibee_girl
While it's disappointing that he made it known that he wants to speak to Rotherham, that doesn't necessarily mean he's ready to sign.

He'll be doing some weighing up, European football, a huge chance of promotion and defending one cup and potentially going one better in another is a lot of pros for staying and avoiding a high profile relegation fight.

If he goes to Rotherham and gets relegated and sacked then he'd be doing well to get another gig in England.

He's maybe just being polite :greengrin

Keith_M
Bye Alan, thanks for the Scottish Cup win.

Onwards and Upwards.

hibeemikey21
Am I right in thinking this was Hibs' lowest ever finish? I'm sad to be losing Stubbs, but that's quite ironic in some ways

Captain Trips
Cheers Alan personally think one more seadin here get us up and you would still have great options next term, however if you have expressed an interest in Rotherham think its best to call it a day.

All the best.

euro Hibby
i watched him during the cup presentation and he looked a bit cheesed off about the fan invasion and mess after the game. Leaving Hibs for Rotherham is a big jump into the dark. More money and nearer to home but
lose the first 4-5 games and you might be out of a job. rotherham don't hold managers for long.

Maybe Hibs did not assure him of the budget he wants or maybe he is just using the chance to improve his interview skills and see whats out there. I think he could do better. Legend for me if he stays and get's us promoted.

Good manager otherwise and wish him well........

ekhibee
Can't help wondering if he did go for an interview with them last season after all...

lord bunberry
30-05-2016, 05:54 PM
I'm sure they enjoy playing under Stubbs but the only thing that matters now is how they perform next year. Players have to get used to new managers all the time.

The league has been won the past two years with new managers in place.
We don't have a great history of appointing the right manager though.

.Sean.
See losing him to a big championship team, like a Sheff Wed, Leeds, Derby etc you could understand his thinking but Rotherham? Nobodies

rotherhamrob
Really? That reeks of he's away to settle personal terms.

Yep, sounds like it to me

Lee Marvin
30-05-2016, 05:55 PM
I'll be gutted, but hope he goes now tbh. This shows he is not committed to hibs and we need a manager who is. If he doesn't go this time, we will just have to go through it again and again until he does.

Bye alan, you leave a legend but we need stability now. You no longer offer this.

Mccall or Tommy wright for me.

stoneyburn hibs
Gutted, I really believe he would have had us kicking on next season.

Northernhibee
His profile won't get any higher with us and I can imagine that being closer to his family would be a huge draw. I hope he stays but he's a legend in my eyes, and what a manner in which to leave if he does.

Hibeesmad
Cheers Alan personally think one more seadin here get us up and you would still have great options next term, however if you have expressed an interest in Rotherham think its best to call it a day.

All the best.

Exactly what he said himself about the Scott Allan saga

#FromTheCapital
30-05-2016, 05:56 PM
Hope he does leave now, he can't possibly turn around now and say he's commited to getting us up.

All the best Alan, hibs legend no matter what you do.

Treadstone
Life goes on. Bright young manager with innovative ideas required.

I trust Dempster. Good track record in appointments.

KWJ
He's maybe just being polite :greengrin

If someone was about to offer me a load of cash then I'd be polite too, doesn't mean I'd take it :wink:

Big L
i watched him during the cup presentation and he looked a bit cheesed off about the fan invasion and mess after the game. Leaving Hibs for Rotherham is a big jump into the dark. More money and nearer to home but
lose the first 4-5 games and you might be out of a job. rotherham don't hold managers for long.

Maybe Hibs did not assure him of the budget he wants or maybe he is just using the chance to improve his interview skills and see whats out there. I think he could do better. Legend for me if he stays and get's us promoted.

Good manager otherwise and wish him well........

I have to agree with you, I thought his manner was a bit subdued.

Onion
30-05-2016, 05:57 PM
He's gone. Hibs need to move quickly to get a good replacement in asap to circle the wagons, hang on to our best players and strengthen the squad. One thing's for sure, Hibs are a much better proposition today than they were 2 years ago when Stubbs took the job !

Stubbs is a Hibs hero, but cannot really afford not to agree terms with Rotherham now. Last thing we need is a reluctant manager who's just waiting for the next suitor.

KWJ
30-05-2016, 05:58 PM
We don't have a great history of appointing the right manager though.

Petrie may have been 2 for about 10 but Leeann is 1 for 1. Did alright at Motherwell too.

the pie eater
30-05-2016, 05:58 PM

as much as it hurts. I agree with Blackpool.

Thecat23
30-05-2016, 05:59 PM
Sadly was always going to happen. I said a while back no matter the outcome of the final I think he'd leave. I'd held out hope he'd stay though and thought even last week he'd stay and win us the league.

But if he wants to go then Hibs must now sound out someone that can fill what will be a huge void! This is a good coach who'll no doubt go onto bigger and better things.

He goes with my best wishes and thanks for giving me the best day of my life.

🇳🇬🏆

Pretty Boy
30-05-2016, 05:59 PM
Balls in his court now.

Didn't Mowbray speak to Ipswich (or someone else) but turn them down after meeting them? Sure it was about 6 months or so before he eventually ended up at West Brom.

Whatever happens this needs resolved asap as we need someone in, or a commitment from AS. I'd be shocked if we don't already have a replacement in mind.

Craig_in_Prague
30-05-2016, 06:00 PM
We have a good squad. Reasonable budget for the league we're in thanks to 2x cup finals. We're also in Europe.
All in all, you'd hope we'll have a decent bunch of applications for the job.

Thanks Stubbs for the cup. You'll always be a legend.

Gerard
30-05-2016, 06:00 PM
Before AS won the SC I was of the view that perhaps Hibs was too difficult a challenge for him. He is relatively new to management. Having one the SC I think that this shows he has great potential to develop Hibs and also development of his skills as the HC of our club. There is still a journey for him to finish at our club; being ;promoted to the SPL. Also the chance to again win the SC as its current holder and another opportunity to win the LC. What ever choice AS makes will not detract from him winning the SC. He has finally done what many other managers/HCs could not do when they were in charge of our club. I wish him every possible success in his future career as a football manager /HC.:wink:
Sometimes the grass appears to be greener but appearances can be very deceptive:wink:.:wink:

BH Hibs
30-05-2016, 06:02 PM
Bloody hell.

Captain Trips
I am not actually bothered if he goes, I am more bothered about the replacement as they have to get us up and it simply has to be as champions, playoffs are a gamble.

Fifehibby74

Bang on. Don't want to see him leave just now. Would be great if he stayed and got us up next season. Then went onto a bigger club in England.

We don't need turmoil at this time - We need a settled squad and coaching staff to hit the ground running.

getting a new manager can be a bit of a lottery. how many good ones have we picked in the last few years.

ps: if he does go he goes with my best wishes - made our dreams come true

Hfc_Since1875
Sadly was always going to happen. I said a while back no matter the outcome of the final I think he'd leave. I'd held out hope he'd stay though and thought even last week he'd stay and win us the league.

But if he wants to go then Hibs must now sound out someone that can fill what will be a huge void! This is a good coach who'll no doubt go onto bigger and better things.

He goes with my best wishes and thanks for giving me the best day of my life.

🇳🇬🏆

Was this just your opinion or did you know something? Apologies if you've posted before and I missed it, usually your information is pretty spot on!

scooby
30-05-2016, 06:04 PM
Really disappointed that he even wants to talk to them, that's as good as a come and get me for other clubs, even if he turns them down.
What is it with hibs and managers, the slightest bit of success and they're off, every f****** time.

cabbageandribs1875
30-05-2016, 06:06 PM
best he goes, if he failed to win games against the dumbarton and ayr united's of the championship it would be horrible after winning the SC and ending on a sour note, hope he learns how to set up his rotheram teams against teams that just sit in :)

HibbyAndy
30-05-2016, 06:07 PM
Given permission means he's gone.

Stuart Mcall please:aok:

MWHIBBIES
30-05-2016, 06:07 PM
best he goes, if he failed to win games against the dumbarton and ayr united's of the championship it would be horrible after winning the SC and ending on a sour note, hope he learns how to set up his rotheram teams against teams that just sit in :)How many times did we score 0 goals against teams that defended for 90 minutes. Very few I'd wager

Galahibby
30-05-2016, 06:08 PM
I think whatever happens, Rotherham have gone about it in a very underhand manner. Doing things the right way, my arse 😡

Nakedmanoncrack
30-05-2016, 06:08 PM
He'll probably go now and to be honest I think in the long run it will be a good thing.

He's had 2 cracks at getting us up and failed. Despite winning the cup I suspect another slow start next season and there would soon be calls for him to go and frankly I really don't want to see that.

He has earned legendary status with us and however his career goes now we will always adore him for that.

The key is getting the right replacement and hitting the ground running.

I suspect he will see Rotherham as the next step on an upward spiral.

I wish him the very best.

Agreed, best thing for all is if he leaves in my opinion.
He gave us our best day for 60 years, but failed miserably twice in the second tier of Scottish football - I said at the end of the league campaign he should go regardless of cup final result, of course he was never going to be sacked immediately after winning the cup but a move that suits him is also better for us. He can go as a legend unsullied - we simply have to get it right in the league next season & be prepared to be bold if things aren't working, that would be difficult with a manager in place who few would want to criticise after the events of 21.05.16.

kaimendhibs
30-05-2016, 06:10 PM
Rotherham v Edinburgh! No thanks but each to thier own

marinello59
I think whatever happens, Rotherham have gone about it in a very underhand manner. Doing things the right way, my arse 

I think football fans are to precious about players and managers talking to other potential employers. The rules are so easily bypassed they should just be scrapped.

Jim44
There will be a lot of disappointment when he goes, but remember that, Scottish Cup aside, he has failed twice to achieve the goal he was appointed primarilly to do. He's had us playing good football generally but, especially this season, he couldn't get the team to sustain it over the period of time it takes to win a league campaign. Because of the Cup Final, I've got mixed feelings, but I look forward to someone else having the reins. If, and I think it's highly unlikely, he decides to stay, I will be reasonably happy and support him 100%.

HibbyAndy
30-05-2016, 06:11 PM
Agreed, best thing for all is if he leaves in my opinion.
He gave us our best day for 60 years, but failed miserably twice in the second tier of Scottish football - I said at the end of the league campaign he should go regardless of cup final result, of course he was never going to be sacked after winning the cup but a move that suits him is also better for us. He can go as a legend unsullied - we simply have to get it right in the league next season & be prepared to be bold if things aren't working, that would be difficult with a manager in place who few would want to criticise after the events of 21.05.16.

In the last 114 years what day in the last 60 years tops the SC final ?

high bee
30-05-2016, 06:11 PM
Has to go now surely. It would be suicidal to have him here next year cause the current team and any potential new players are going to know he will walk as soon as a decent offer comes along. Our strength has been in our unity since AS arrived and IMO players will start looking out for number 1 if he stays.

This is just my opinion and nothing against AS, it's just how I see the situation, it's his career and livelihood at the end of the day and I'm not sure he would ever achieve anything at Hibs that could top the Scottish Cup so can hardly blame him.

OsloHibs
30-05-2016, 06:12 PM
I knew this would happen. He's just been too quiet after the cup win. Very sad.

P's. No to McCall.

Greencore
30-05-2016, 06:13 PM
I think he will leave. It was written over his face after winning the cup.

CRAZYHIBBY
He won the cup but failed at everything else.....folk on here were calling for him to be sacked before the final.......maybe the final just pappered over the cracks and its time to bring in someone else

BroxburnHibee

Winning the league???

oneone73

I presume he means three league titles - though the last one was 62 years ago

Finn2015
Well this has been a turn up. Maybe I didn't want to believe the last few days but it really looks like he is going. Very sad and hope it doesn't undermine our plans for the coming season. Still wonder why he would pick Rotherham but there you go

HibbyAndy
30-05-2016, 06:14 PM
Winning the league???

No for me, SC All the way ???

CallumHibs07
not mccall

Waxy
John Doolan? Minimal squad upheaval.

Craig_in_Prague
30-05-2016, 06:15 PM
Well this has been a turn up. Maybe I didn't want to believe the last few days but it really looks like he is going. Very sad and hope it doesn't undermine our plans for the coming season. Still wonder why he would pick Rotherham but there you go

More money, better league, TV games, new stadiums and and new challenge, closer to family?

staunchhibby
Sorry to see him go.Obviously showed a interest.Must move on and quickly.Any thoughts on Mowbray returning.

Cabbage East

Winning the league was probably decent :greengrin

Andy74
30-05-2016, 06:16 PM
not mccall

Why are so many saying this?

His record must be better than most we could get. He has worked with Leeann before and he plays attacking football with quick wingers.

Surely the Rangers link isn't an issue?!

Nakedmanoncrack
30-05-2016, 06:17 PM

Ok, it's 64 years - Scottish Champions 1951-52.

HibbyAndy
30-05-2016, 06:17 PM
Winning the league was probably decent :greengrin

I'd imagine it was, But for youngsters like masel :greengrin who weren't around its always been about the SC:cb

Viva_Palmeiras
30-05-2016, 06:18 PM
Well we move forward either way.
Good luck Alan whatever you do you'll be a legend forever at Hibs. Maybe that's the best leaving present (I hope there's more to come tho).

Now is the time for unity in that case it's vital for some level of continuity - can't allow what's been achieved to fritter away - except of course the key loan players will likely be gonr

HibbyAndy

His record must be better than most we could get. He has worked with Leeann before and he plays attacking football with quick wingers.

My first choice Andy :agree:

DH1875
Exactly, if he's interested at all in leaving its best he goes now.

See losing him to a big championship team, like a Sheff Wed, Leeds, Derby etc you could understand his thinking but Rotherham? Nobodies

What happens if he knocks Rotherham back and one of these clubs come in for him in 3 to 6 months? By speaking to Rotherham its a clear indication that he's thinking about leaving sooner rather than later so its best if he goes now :agree:.

Vault Boy
The key is to keep the talent at the core of squad together following Alan's departure. So important to make sure morale remains high and the harmony stays in place, time to put the continuity plan to the test.

Finn2015
30-05-2016, 06:19 PM
The key is to keep the talent at the ore of squad together following Alan's departure. So important to make sure morale remains high and the harmony stays in place, time to put the continuity plan to the test.

That's the worry, will Stubbs take some players with him

SeanWilson

Agreed. Also, Strachan is no mug - having brrought him in to his management set up, he obviously brings something. He'd certainly be on the list of can gets and good shout.

Ryan69
surely we would get descent compensation?

he signed a lengthy contract half way through season did he not?

i don't think he will go though,No matter how you look at it....Rotherham is a step down.
championship club perhaps....but for 1 season guaranteed!

CRAZYHIBBY
We should go for mcleish or strachan

cam75
30-05-2016, 06:20 PM
John Collins all over win the cup and leave sharp,hope AS stays to take us back up but we wont be short of applications,we could have our man already at the club,was it not said when AS took over that we would have next manager ready to Step up as he would know the set up?
Ggtth

Pete
30-05-2016, 06:20 PM
We have the system in place to ensure this doesn't hurt us. One in one out and we go forward just as strong.

He has yet to leave though.

Golden Bear
30-05-2016, 06:21 PM

I agree Andy. McCall would be a very good appointment and just who we need to get us back up where we belong.

Onion
Given permission means he's gone.

Stuart Mcall please:aok:

Feel dirty just thinking about that obnoxious Hun as Hibs manager, despite him being a strong candidate. Would be delighted if he and his media buddies thought he was a shoe in for the job, only for Leanne to pull another rabbit out of the hat :greengrin

Waxy
What happens if he knocks Rotherham back and one of these clubs come in for him in 3 to 6 months? By speaking to Rotherham its a clear indication that he's thinking about leaving sooner rather than later so its best if he goes now :agree:.

If he's no intention of staying then maybe we should restart now. Asap though, and Alan Stubbs will always be a Hibernian legend.

Hibee_Lisa
30-05-2016, 06:22 PM
Will be sad to see him leave, obviously doesn't see his future with us otherwise he surely wouldn't have entertained them! He has achieved something no other hibs manager has done in our life time perhaps he sees that as the pinnacle point with us.

hibeeleicester
30-05-2016, 06:22 PM
John Doolan please

Onion
30-05-2016, 06:23 PM
We should go for mcleish or strachan

Not going to happen, but :hyper:scarf:

rotherhamrob
30-05-2016, 06:23 PM
best he goes, if he failed to win games against the dumbarton and ayr united's of the championship it would be horrible after winning the SC and ending on a sour note, hope he learns how to set up his rotheram teams against teams that just sit in :)

Trust me, teams don't sit in against rotherham, for most championship teams that would be like us sitting in against ayr.

rotherhamrob
30-05-2016, 06:24 PM
John Doolan please

Now that would be nice.

BroxburnHibee
McLeish knows how to get out this league but he had a big cheque book.

Hibernia&Alba
It's a sad reflection of the times when Rotherham can poach the Hibs manager, but the English Championship is awash with money, and money talks. It won't be easy to keep them up next season, which Stubbs will need to consider. If he goes, then his last match was the ultimate victory and he'll always be a Hibs legend. He seems a genuinely nice guy, too, and it would be a shame to see him leave.

Pretty Boy
30-05-2016, 06:25 PM

Agreed.

A far better record in Scotland than Butcher who many, myself included btw, were desperate to bring in.

S4uzee
30-05-2016, 06:25 PM
This is a disaster IMO. All the players love him and players who sign say he played a big part in getting them to Hibs.
I hope the squad doesn't break up now.

Pete
30-05-2016, 06:26 PM
This is a disaster IMO. All the players love him and players who sign say he played a big part in getting them to Hibs.
I hope the squad doesn't break up now.

It's not a disaster and it won't.

Baldy Foghorn
30-05-2016, 06:26 PM
After finishing 3rd and losing to Falkirk many were wanting AS gone.

Wins the Cup and people are upset about losing him, if he goes. We would get compensation, he would move closer to his family, and he leaves being the first manager in 114 years to win the Scottish.

I am more worried about player's following him out the door......

rotherhamrob
30-05-2016, 06:28 PM
surely we would get descent compensation?

he signed a lengthy contract half way through season did he not?

i don't think he will go though,No matter how you look at it....Rotherham is a step down.
championship club perhaps....but for 1 season guaranteed!

They weren't as bad as you might think, played a similar style to us e.g plenty off knocking it about but a poor end product.

Northernhibee
30-05-2016, 06:28 PM
This all just goes to show that the systems that Leeann Dempster has put in place are working well. Hire a young manager who will develop, achieve something, receive compensation once they develop to move to a bigger league, reinvest that money into strengthening the team.

I really, really want Stubbsy to stay as he's a club legend but I understand his timing and reasoning if he chooses to do so. He's a club legend no matter what and will always be welcome back in Leith. How few managers in recent times could we even come close to saying that about?

G B Young
30-05-2016, 06:29 PM
If Stubbs is as ambitious as he appears to be I don't really get why being closer to family would come into his thinking when it comes to making his next move. Any manager who wants to manage at the highest level must surely be prepared to go anywhere.

I can only assume that if he is genuinely interested in a club like Rotherham he figures it's an opportunity to build a reputation in England slightly out of the limelight rather than fail at a bigger club and be sacked by Christmas. He probably paid heed to what happened to his fellow former Everton coach Davie Weir.

FWIW I think he's a good manager and streets ahead of everyone we've had since Mowbray. His place in Hibs history is forever assured whatever he decides.

What concerns me most about his possible departure is that he clearly carries considerable clout when it comes to attracting decent young players to Hibs, with many of them citing Stubbs as the reason they joined the club. Overall I hope he stays and continues to build on the foundations he's put in place.

Hibernia&Alba
They weren't as bad as you might think, played a similar style to us e.g plenty off knocking it about but a poor end product.

Nae offence, Rob, but naebody wants to live in Rotherham :greengrin

keep the faith
Feel dirty just thinking about that obnoxious Hun as Hibs manager, despite him being a strong candidate. Would be delighted if he and his media buddies thought he was a shoe in for the job, only for Leanne to pull another rabbit out of the hat :greengrin

I kinda feel the same. The way he has fawned over rangers on TV until he got the job then continues to act as their TV spokesman is just too much for me to consider him at ER.

AllyF
30-05-2016, 06:30 PM
The main worry here is the knock-on effect of players following Stubbs out of the door. They love the man.

SJM
30-05-2016, 06:31 PM
John Doolan please

He's wanting back down the road too. A major part of the reasoning behind this apparently.

Baldy Foghorn
We also have a Month before players come back, which gives us time to get the right man, and take it from there.

We have a great system in place for recruitment and scouting, and if AS goes, he goes as a Club legend.

Thecat23
Was this just your opinion or did you know something? Apologies if you've posted before and I missed it, usually your information is pretty spot on!

Was just my opinion mate. When asking anyone at the club it was always brushed aside so that made me think he may have something lined up! but then after the final I genuinely thought he might stay and get us up and finish the job he started.

Eyrie
30-05-2016, 06:32 PM
The club statement sounds very pessimistic. The only positive is that it's immediately after the end of the season and the new structure should have previously identified potential replacements.

It's a bizarre move though because I could understand if it was a team in the top half of the Championship looking for someone to guide them to promotion but the best he can achieve with Rotherham is a mid-table finish. So I can only assume that Stubbs wants to leave either for family reasons or because he doesn't think he can do any more for us.

Maybe this will be the best of both worlds - Stubbs helped us win the Scottish Cup and leaves a strong squad for a new manager who believes in pace and width.

I wish him well down there.

Nemo
30-05-2016, 06:33 PM
I'll run down Princes street naked if it's NOT Jackie McNamara

no for S. McCall.

Northernhibee
If he goes I hope we get a chance to give him a send off at ER. Parade the trophy in front of the stands, let people in for free. Legend.

jackh23
Stubbs has been building a good team here that he can call his own, if he stays I'm certain we will stroll the championship next year. Going to Rotherham for a relegation fight in the English championship is certainly not a step up. Once we have returned to the premier league there is a good chance Everton would come calling and by all means go home then alan, but just please don't go to Rotherham, possible relegation and you would be sacked with no prospects. And since when were Rotherham a bigger club than us? Not a chance!

SJM
Rotherham are in the English championship. How anyone said that's not ambitous is crazy.

Thecat23
As for the new manager we need someone who will win us games we just couldn't win before. Someone who plays with width as we all know when teams sit in whether it's at ER or away stretching them is the only way to open them up.

So whoever comes in I'll be 100% behind them.

Onion
30-05-2016, 06:34 PM

Wins the Cup and people are upset about losing him, if he goes. We would get compensation, he would move closer to his family, and he leaves being the first manager in 114 years to win the Scottish.

Good summary. Had we lost the final, we'd have been calling for his head. But he proved to be a winner when it really mattered and for that he leaves a Legend.

Hibs are in better shape than when Stubbsie took over, so I'd be surprised if we don't attract some decent candidates. One thing's sure, few if any Hibs players are going to want to move to Rotherham.

Bishop Hibee
30-05-2016, 06:34 PM

I reckon McGinn and Cummings will go whether Stubbs stays or not if we get the right offers for them.

Hibs great for managing the cup winning team. I'd take McCall.

Thecat23
30-05-2016, 06:35 PM
Rotherham are in the English championship. How anyone said that's not ambitous is crazy.

That's it. It comes down to testing yourself in better leagues and let's be honest the championship is a great league to be in. Some good sides in there and Stubbs will learn from it if he goes and takes the job.

Radium
"Throughout, we have made it plain to Alan that we want him to remain as Head Coach of Hibernian and build on what has been achieved. Despite that, Alan has expressed an interest in hearing what Rotherham have to say."

This is a bit of a killer statement. Having been someone who wanted him to stay, I suspect he has to move on as the desire to speak with Rotherham will become toxic, very quickly, if he doesn't have a perfect start to the season.

OsloHibs
The main worry here is the knock-on effect of players following Stubbs out of the door. They love the man.

My thinking too.

J-C
Can't be bothered reading 4 pages, all probably saying the same, if he was committed to Hibs he would tell Rotherham to shove it, well it is only Rotherham and if he's got bigger ambitions he'd look elsewhere but the lure of ECL and being closer to family seems bigger than getting us promoted. Thanks for the cup win Alan but ultimately you failed to gain us promotion which was our main aim and your CV would've been better with a promotion added to it. Hopefully LD and Craig are all organised with our next coach.

SaulGoodman
If someone told me 15 years ago that I would use the Internet to tell the Chuckle Brothers directly to not allow their team to steal Hibs' Scottish cup winning manager I would've laughed in their faces.

Nicho87
30-05-2016, 06:36 PM
If he aint committed he's best leaving now and not half way through the season.

Thecat23
30-05-2016, 06:36 PM
"Throughout, we have made it plain to Alan that we want him to remain as Head Coach of Hibernian and build on what has been achieved. Despite that, Alan has expressed an interest in hearing what Rotherham have to say."

This is a bit of a killer statement. Having been someone who wanted him to stay, I suspect he has to move on as the desire to speak with Rotherham will become toxic, very quickly, if he doesn't have a perfect start to the season.

That's pretty much how I see it. I'm one of Stubbs biggest supporters on here and I think he should take tells job now because it may all end badly if we don't gain promotion or start poor.

Lago
30-05-2016, 06:37 PM
Balls in his court now.

Didn't Mowbray speak to Ipswich (or someone else) but turn them down after meeting them? Sure it was about 6 months or so before he eventually ended up at West Brom.

Whatever happens this needs resolved asap as we need someone in, or a commitment from AS. I'd be shocked if we don't already have a replacement in mind.
It show that whether he goes or not it's in his mind to move on & we can't afford to let him say no to Rotherham only to turn round in a few months to say yes to another club, that could ruin any prospect of promotion.

Thecat23
30-05-2016, 06:38 PM
By the way, this will have a huge impact on who we will sign. Depending on who takes over I'd be very surprised if we managed to get the likes of Henderson back again and other top players.

He's very well respected in the game and that's why his stock is pretty high right now.

matty_f
30-05-2016, 06:39 PM
If someone told me 15 years ago that I would use the Internet to tell the Chuckle Brothers directly to not allow their team to steal Hibs' Scottish cup winning manager I would've laughed in their faces.

Possibly my favourite ever post.

Hamish
30-05-2016, 06:40 PM
I'll run down Princes street naked if it's NOT Jackie McNamara

no for S. McCall.

Hiya Jackie.

Might have been better if you'd suggested being naked in a bath of beans. No one has done that before.

Thecat23

Haha superb!! 😂

SJM
That's it. It comes down to testing yourself in better leagues and let's be honest the championship is a great league to be in. Some good sides in there and Stubbs will learn from it if he goes and takes the job.

Yep. He will also have belief in himself to improve that club too and his stick will be higher if he succeeds. Poor season with us next and he won't have the opportunity again.

He will be in the public eye in England if he moves. Lennon ended up at Bolton having won loads with Celtic, Rotherham is gradual progression these days unfortunately.

rotherhamrob
30-05-2016, 06:41 PM
Nae offence, Rob, but naebody wants to live in Rotherham :greengrin

That's just not true, my wife does, I ******* dinnae, but my wife does:-D

Keith_M
30-05-2016, 06:42 PM
Whether Rotherham are a bigger club than Hibs is irrelevant, they play in the English second tier and can probably pay 3-4 times what Hibs can in wages.

Even the wages part would be enough to convince most people to move.

HibeesLittleHel
30-05-2016, 06:43 PM
I agree with this totally Mcleish for hibs manger should Stubbs go

naw

Nemo
30-05-2016, 06:43 PM
By the way, this will have a huge impact on who we will sign. Depending on who takes over I'd be very surprised if we managed to get the likes of Henderson back again and other top players.

He's very well respected in the game and that's why his stock is pretty high right now.

Exactly!

new manager again!! uuurggh can't be arsed wi this again by the way always a ******g lottery F***ing always!!

Nemo
30-05-2016, 06:44 PM
Exactly!

new manager again!! uuurggh can't be arsed wi this again by the way always a ******g lottery F***ing always!!

Mcleish is the only guy i'd want

One Day Soon
30-05-2016, 06:46 PM

Every post should come with a button that allows you to nominate it for post of the year. This is a cracker.

Nemo
30-05-2016, 06:47 PM
Hiya Jackie.

Might have been better if you'd suggested being naked in a bath of beans. No one has done that before.

make sense man what you on about

Jim44
30-05-2016, 06:48 PM

Maybe the fork in his tongue might have healed over since he last dragged himself away from us.

worcesterhibby
30-05-2016, 06:48 PM
To be fair if he decides to go to Rotherham he is an absolute nutter...just about the crappiest place I have ever had the misfortune to visit.

Kaff
30-05-2016, 06:49 PM
Tommy Wright appeals to me but with our new structure is he the type of manager to fit in with that or is he a little bit more old school?
Genuinely don't know but he has consistently over achieved with St Johnstone, we'd have to pay compensation but i'd be stunned if it is more than we'd get for Stubbs.
I'm not against McCall or McLeish fwiw

Lago
30-05-2016, 06:50 PM
Can't be bothered reading 4 pages, all probably saying the same, if he was committed to Hibs he would tell Rotherham to shove it, well it is only Rotherham and if he's got bigger ambitions he'd look elsewhere but the lure of ECL and being closer to family seems bigger than getting us promoted. Thanks for the cup win Alan but ultimately you failed to gain us promotion which was our main aim and your CV would've been better with a promotion added to it. Hopefully LD and Craig are all organised with our next coach.
It's the bag of sweets situation all over again & look how that ended up.

SJM
To be fair if he decides to go to Rotherham he is an absolute nutter...just about the crappiest place I have ever had the misfortune to visit.

Two hour drive from home. Nothing crazy about that.

EskbankHibby
Happy if he stays and not too fussed if he goes. Still euphoric from the cup win but Stubbs found it hard to adapt to the grind of the Championship.

None of the names mentioned are doing it for me, McCall at a push but definitely not McNamara or Mcleish. Don't want Yogi either, would prefer a rabbit out the Dempster hat.

worcesterhibby

Rotherham FC may be in the English Championship, but they are also in Rotherham !! :shocked:

Real Emerald
Have Rotherham not looked at Robbie Neilson who is way more successful than Alan Stubbs 🙄

SJM
30-05-2016, 06:51 PM
Have Rotherham not looked at Robbie Neilson who is way more successful than Alan Stubbs 🙄

How do you work that yin out?

macd123
30-05-2016, 06:52 PM
I suppose we have to keep quiet so we can get compensation but we need to get him out the door asap.

Thecat23
30-05-2016, 06:53 PM
Tommy Wright appeals to me but with our new structure is he the type of manager to fit in with that or is he a little bit more old school?
Genuinely don't know but he has consistently over achieved with St Johnstone, we'd have to pay compensation but i'd be stunned if it is more than we'd get for Stubbs.
I'm not against McCall or McLeish fwiw

Be very surprised if we went for Wright. I think he's old school and a model we are trying to pull away from.

Kojock
30-05-2016, 06:54 PM

The only way GJP should be anywhere near ER is if his last request was to have his ashes spread on the pitch.

Jim44
30-05-2016, 06:54 PM
Rotherham FC may be in the English Championship, but they are also in Rotherham !! :shocked:

A lot of plants can flourish in dung heaps.

Waxy
30-05-2016, 06:55 PM
Have Rotherham not looked at Robbie Neilson who is way more successful than Alan Stubbs Sake man shhhhhhh.Keep robbie over there as long as poss.He's rotten.

Hi Heid Yin
John Doolan? Minimal squad upheaval.

Right hand men taking over the reigns never works out. A fresh face bringing his own staff is a must.

Pretty Boy
Exactly!

Tbh as much as Stubbs will forever be a legend for the Scottish Cup win giving him a 3rd shot at the league was if not a lottery still a risk.

Maybe this is the best move for all parties. I don't know, what will happen will but I'd rather this was resolved quickly as opposed to having a manager who's mind is potentially elsewhere.

OsloHibs
30-05-2016, 06:56 PM
It's the same old story for us, managers who get a bit of success- leave us and it all goes Pete tong for them. Yeh they make money but success is another story.
I'll take john Collins back. And big rob as his assistant!!!

Real Emerald
How do you work that yin out?

Promoted by 20 odd points and third in the glorious Scottish Premiership, no bad for a caveman 🏆. Never quoted for any job though, I wonder why?

One Day Soon
Well, this being Hibs I just new that the come down from the Scottish Cup win would be bad but I think this is going to be pretty brutal.

While I have mixed views about Stubbs I don't have mixed views about losing our manager and the impact that will have on this side for next season.

If he goes:

1. We will almost certainly lose players we would have wanted to hold on to.

2. We will again be behind the curve in terms of new signings etc as the new manager comes in and has to bring himself up to speed with the squad he's got, who is leaving anyway and who isn't good enough or needs moved on.

3. I can see us being late in making signings again - or not making the signings we need in time.

4. It's a perfect set up for a slow start to next season - again.

5. Unless we're making a marquee signing of new manager and/or players (no chance of that) I can see this denting the season ticket sales that might otherwise have been a lot higher.

6. The squad will have to now get used to a new style of play and there are pretty much no games to do that with before we start playing must-win matches in the Championship.

7. Europe was already probably going to be a two game adventure. It certainly will be now.

There's only one way in which my very negative analysis above doesn't apply at least to some extent. That's if we have had a prospective manager in the wings for some time, shadowing the squad and our games from a distance. Step forward Stuart McCall, or perhaps someone more adventurous, if Leanne has been prudent.

Baldy Foghorn
Tbh as much as Stubbs will forever be a legend for the Scottish Cup win giving him a 3rd shot at the league was if not a lottery still a risk.

:agree::agree:

CmoantheHibs
30-05-2016, 06:57 PM
It's the bag of sweets situation all over again & look how that ended up.
Just the same but differing people.If you dont want to be here then see yaa.

Nemo
Maybe the fork in his tongue might have healed over since he last dragged himself away from us.

What, you think everyone who kisses the badge loves the club likes.

there no chance we'd get him anyway.

we'll end up wi some Scandinavian numpty, they're cheap.

Stevie Reid
If he does well he will get a premiership job, that is how it works. Rothetham have a decent ground and fan base these days so he may see it as a good step.

It would raise his profile certainly, but I don't think any of the current EPL teams took a manager from a Championship team. Obviously the promoted ones that stayed up, and the new arrivals to the league, are an exception.

Viva_Palmeiras
30-05-2016, 06:58 PM
Possibly my favourite ever post.

Yes in the maelström of emotion a little oasis of clarity and calm ;)

I suppose the team was being broken up anyway - Stokes gone, Hendo likely gone, Cummings off if an offer meets valuation.

He gave us our team back and the SC. Pity it's looking like it's not lasting long.

Even if the bag of sweets isn't preferable this time it's effectively a "come and get me" signal. Sad inevitability about it now...

Time for a bit of Talking Heads....

And you may ask yourself
What is that beautiful house?
And you may ask yourself
Where does that highway go to?
And you may ask yourself
Am I right?...Am I wrong?
And you may say to yourself yourself
My God!...What have I done?!

Don't do it Alan...!

banchoryhibs
30-05-2016, 06:59 PM
Would not be too concerned if we landed McCall - he works well with Leeann and knows the league. I don't fancy McLeish or Yogi again, definitely not Houston (not at any price but did he not work with George Craig?).

Someone is the early stages of management again? Perhaps not as we MUST get promotion and it's no time for experimenting.

All the best Alan - your place as a Hibernian immortal is assured!

OsloHibs

Hey!

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
The king is dead, long live the king.

He's a Hibernian legend, but im not that bothered, i was calling for him to be sacked last season. Stubbs didnt do the job he was supposed to (turned out, he did a different, and probably better one!) but we now need to focus on winning the league.

The Stubbs chapter ended more gloriously than any of us could have imagined. Now for a new chapter.

Owen Coyle?

One Day Soon
30-05-2016, 07:00 PM
Hey!

Have you applied yet?

Waxy
Maybe a manager from abroad?

SJM
Would not be too concerned if we landed McCall - he works well with Leeann and knows the league. I don't fancy McLeish or Yogi again, definitely not Houston (not at any price but did he not work with George Craig?).

Someone is the early stages of management again? Perhaps not as we MUST get promotion and it's no time for experimenting.

All the best Alan - your place as a Hibernian immortal is assured!

McCall is an absolute shoe in.

Ozyhibby

It's a mystery to me as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CmoantheHibs
30-05-2016, 07:01 PM
:greengrinMade me laugh

Nemo
30-05-2016, 07:02 PM
Hey!

I don't mind saying we could end up with a Scottish Numpty an Irish one or another English one

it's not the nationality it just the numptiness

and eh Sorry!

OsloHibs
30-05-2016, 07:02 PM

Did you watch last night's Scotland game? He's part of that set up.

loanheadhibby
30-05-2016, 07:03 PM
Perhaps he's flushing out interest from a preferred destination like Bolton? If any other club hears he's in conversation with Rotherham, it may force their hand to show interest.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy

I wouldn't be unhappy with McCall

MWHIBBIES
Right hand men taking over the reigns never works out. A fresh face bringing his own staff is a must.Except Bob Paisley...

Hibbyradge

He's off.

Keith_M
Right hand men taking over the reigns never works out. A fresh face bringing his own staff is a must.

Bill Shankly was succeeded by his right-hand man Bob Paisley.

Paisley managed Liverpool to 6 league titles, 3 league cups, 3 European cups, and 1 UEFA cup.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
30-05-2016, 07:04 PM
Perhaps he's flushing out interest from a preferred destination like Bolton? If any other club hears he's in conversation with Rotherham, it may force their hand to show interest.

We dont have time for him to be mucking about with games like that.

He wants to leave, we have to get him out not so that we can move on.

Lee Marvin
30-05-2016, 07:04 PM
McCall is an absolute shoe in.

Apart from the hun connection he ticks every box. I'll be surprised if it's not him.

Kaff
30-05-2016, 07:05 PM
Be very surprised if we went for Wright. I think he's old school and a model we are trying to pull away from.

Fair enough, i did wonder if that might be the case.

Paul Hartley not been mentioned, havent looked at the other thread yet though.
Dundee look to be investing but Hartley gives me the impression of being quite ruthlessly ambitious and he'll possibly see getting Hibs promoted as a bigger mark on his CV than pushing for 6th with Dundee, Stubbs has shown a similar ruthlessness and in winning the cup it has been worthwhile for us so maybe someone like Hartley on board for 2-3 seasons is the way to go?

Hi Heid Yin
30-05-2016, 07:05 PM
Except Bob Paisley...

Boom boom! lol
Liverpool were singularly unique in promoting their boot room staff. They were the exception to the rule.

Betty Boop
30-05-2016, 07:06 PM
Why did he say he was staying?

hibees 7062
30-05-2016, 07:07 PM
What they gonna say that's different from last time he spoke to them ?

itslegaltender
I fear the Hun apologist McCall is already lined up.

Baldy Foghorn
Why did he say he was staying?

A la ginger judas

Real Emerald
Sake man shhhhhhh.Keep robbie over there as long as poss.He's rotten.

Shhh agree 👍

Lee Marvin
30-05-2016, 07:08 PM
What they gonna say that's different from last time he spoke to them ?

Nothing. They chose someone else last time, stubbs didn't reject them.

He is gone. Hopefully by tomorrow

Waxy
Maybe we're all a bit quick to jump to conclusions.

cabbageandribs1875
something very important, a new managers name simply has to fit in to the super john McGinn song, we've already lost the do do do Dominic malonga song...please hibs lets not lose another great song in a six month period :(

iwasthere1972
30-05-2016, 07:09 PM

No castle, no airport, no trams. The first three letters in Rotherham describes it perfectly.

Robinho08
30-05-2016, 07:09 PM
@AgentScotland claiming it's due to sectarian abuse. Wasn't aware of any, but can only guess the obvious, Sevco zombies. 😕

stokesmessiah
30-05-2016, 07:10 PM
@AgentScotland claiming it's due to sectarian abuse. Wasn't aware of any, but can only guess the obvious, Sevco zombies. 😕

What's this in response to?

Lee Marvin
30-05-2016, 07:10 PM
something very important, a new managers name simply has to fit in to the super john McGinn song, we've already lost the do do do Dominic malonga song...please hibs lets not lose another great song in a six month period :(

ThIs would be top of the job specification if I was dempster. Shudder at the thought

cabbageandribs1875
30-05-2016, 07:12 PM
ThIs would be top of the job specification if I was dempster. Shudder at the thought

he's louis van galls man
he's better than zidane

Mmmm, possibilities

Jim44
30-05-2016, 07:12 PM
What, you think everyone who kisses the badge loves the club likes.

there no chance we'd get him anyway.

Kissing a badge means sod all, whereas words do carry a bit more substance. Anyway, in the event that it is him, he'll get my support.

Andy74
30-05-2016, 07:13 PM
I fear the Hun apologist McCall is already lined up.

What does Hun apologist mean?

Robinho08

Just his tweet about Stubbs:

'No surprise Stubbs is considering moving back South, he's felt desperately let down by authorities after being harassed with sectarian abuse'.

Waxy
@AgentScotland claiming it's due to sectarian abuse. Wasn't aware of any, but can only guess the obvious, Sevco zombies. How very depressing if true.

Andy74
30-05-2016, 07:14 PM

Oh crap!

Sir David Gray
30-05-2016, 07:17 PM

Terry Butcher's name would fit into the song. :duck:

Vault Boy
30-05-2016, 07:17 PM
That Agent Scotland guy gets a great deal wrong, but to be honest he or she seems to get quite a few things right too. It wouldn't surprise me one bit, sadly.

keep the faith
30-05-2016, 07:18 PM
Just his tweet about Stubbs:

'No surprise Stubbs is considering moving back South, he's felt desperately let down by authorities after being harassed with sectarian abuse'.

That agent Scotland guy is very much a celtic supporter though so I'm always wary of that in his tweets.

hibees 7062
30-05-2016, 07:19 PM

No surprise Stubbs is considering moving back South, he's felt desperately let down by authorities after being harassed with sectarian abuse . Agent Scotland

cabbageandribs1875
Terry Butcher's name would fit into the song. :duck:

he probably wouldn't be a popular appointment though

:whistle:

J-C

I said it in another thread a while ago, McCall was just a Rangers player for 7 years but prior to this he was with Bradford for 6 and Everton for 3 years, not everyone that plays for Rangers have to be Huns.

hibsbollah
If he leaves, he leaves a legend.

MacBean
30-05-2016, 07:20 PM
Will be sad to see him go, feel he has unfinished business here

madhatter
30-05-2016, 07:21 PM
Scottish Cup Winners with huge potential to HeeHaw FC. Some of us choose to fall, better than getting pushed and a nice TV package safety net always helps.

Grateful for what he has done but if this is his ambition then I don't want him at the club in a strange way. Bottom of the championship club likely to get relegated...how many times have we seen a manager go down there and fail. Career ending - definitely rules out EPL future if it goes terribly.

If Stubbs leaves then we will see massive turmoil at the club again. Hopefully in a slightly positive way 6million + for both Cummings and McGinn. Can't see it though, I'd be furious if he came back to steal on the cheap as I suspect he will...

I'd like to see us go foreign - this British player and manager route must be costing the club a lot. We either have a manager do quite well and is gone instantly and comes to pick up players on the cheap or we have complete failures who need sacked. I do not want to see an ex-Hibs link, this quite frankly does my head in and very rarely works out. Happy for an assistant to be Hibs related but apart from that, just no...

Radium
30-05-2016, 07:21 PM
Scott Burns ‏@ScottBurns75 1h1 hour ago (https://twitter.com/ScottBurns75/status/737342864242442240) @HibsOfficial (https://twitter.com/HibsOfficial) give @OfficialRUFC (https://twitter.com/OfficialRUFC) permission to speak to Alan Stubbs. My information is that the deal will happen.

keep the faith
30-05-2016, 07:22 PM
I said it in another thread a while ago, McCall was just a Rangers player for 7 years but prior to this he was with Bradford for 6 and Everton for 3 years, not everyone that plays for Rangers have to be Huns.

I think the unchanging hair style is a bigger issue though. It's not hibs class.

Robinho08
30-05-2016, 07:23 PM
That agent Scotland guy is very much a celtic supporter though so I'm always wary of that in his tweets.

I never knew about him being a Celtic supporter. He disguises it well.

MyJo
30-05-2016, 07:23 PM

I just don't think you understand
He's the hibees favourite man
He's better than zidane

Just Incase the new manager has a non-conforming name

Purehibee_MYB
30-05-2016, 07:25 PM
No castle, no airport, no trams. The first three letters in Rotherham describes it perfectly.

Not to mention their much smaller stadium...

Viva_Palmeiras
No surprise Stubbs is considering moving back South, he's felt desperately let down by authorities after being harassed with sectarian abuse . Agent Scotland

_IF_ that's someone with an agenda - let's face it Stubbs would be unlikely to claim or denounce this in public whilst managing in Scotland - then they are as much part of the problem than those spouting the sectarian bile...

jimmythefish
good luck stubbsy, can't help feeling this could prove to be a bad move , better wages closer to home may be the reasons but what lies ahead is a relegation battle pure & simple, think he's done a great job picking us up & putting us on the road to recovery but time to move on & get someone in to get us out o this league , think McCall is the perfect candidate working with dempster at Motherwell they achieved remarkable success,

keep the faith
I never knew about him being a Celtic supporter. He disguises it well.

To be fair I don't know if he is or just watches a lot of celtic matches.

Betty Boop
30-05-2016, 07:27 PM
A la ginger judas

Exactly very disappointing .

Nicho87
30-05-2016, 07:27 PM
Mccall, McLeish, Yogi.

Where do we go?

number9dream
30-05-2016, 07:28 PM
Maybe Stubbs is using Rotherham to try and flush out interest from elsewhere. All he'll be doing there is fighting relegation in front of the smallest crowds in the Championship.
Still, that might beat Tuesday nights at Dumbarton & Cappielow and I guess he will get a pay rise.
He'll always be a Hibs legend...

guthrie01
30-05-2016, 07:29 PM
A week ago everything was looking all rosy for the start of the season, players on a high from cup victory, European football, no more player drama. Seems like there is always something going on at Hibs, first the squad disaster left by Butcher, then the whole Scott Allan drama the start of the this season. Stubbsy is a legend and honestly think he will be the next big English manager, just a shame he couldn't finish the 1 year left of his contract. Just hope Leeann sorts it out fast and we can actually have a decent start for once and gain automatic the easy way. Whilst McCall seems a perfect replacement on paper It feels like a very Butcheresque signing, one which could completely slide into a disaster if the players and fans aren't 100% behind him. Next few weeks are crucial, here's hoping Leeann can sort it out fast and bring in a manager who can take the current high of the club right now and fast track it into the Premier league where we belong !

All the best Stubbs, thanks for finally winning the damn thing for us

:gwa:

stokesmessiah
30-05-2016, 07:29 PM

coldingham hibs
30-05-2016, 07:31 PM

Let's hope we don't need to change the John McGinn part 😱

MWHIBBIES
30-05-2016, 07:31 PM
I really dislike when Hibs are linked with the same pishy names as every other club. No thanks to McCall, Hughes, McLeish etc.

Someone young with a point to prove or someone experienced from England like Steve Cotterill.

cabbageandribs1875
30-05-2016, 07:32 PM
I just don't think you understand
He's the hibees favourite man
He's better than zidane

Just Incase the new manager has a non-conforming name

very good, certainly a sigh of relief here anyway :greengrin

Blaster
30-05-2016, 07:33 PM
I really dislike when Hibs are linked with the same pishy names as every other club. No thanks to McCall, Hughes, McLeish etc.

Someone young with a point to prove or someone experienced from England like Steve Cotterill.

We need an experienced manager to get us out this crap league. No inexperienced gamble this time in my opinion. McCall would be my choice

hibbykris
30-05-2016, 07:33 PM
The best post I've read on here. Superb.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

hibeesjoe
30-05-2016, 07:35 PM
Mcleish, honestly? Done sod all for years and probably has no targets Hibs can either afford or want. Would be a crazy signing for me. I want a no frills manager that can get us out this pishy league and back were we belong.

Northern Hibby
30-05-2016, 07:36 PM
Ok who wears the trousers in your house?

If I was living away from home and a job came up a lot closer to home but I didn't want it, I know for sure the Mrs would want me to at least see what was on offer before dismissing it out of hand.

cabbageandribs1875
Let's hope we don't need to change the John McGinn part 

that's true, but it would need to be a very large fee to let him go with 3 years contract left...his time will come though .:agree:

Hibs90
Need someone in quick. We have to be flying come the first league game of the season.

MWHIBBIES
30-05-2016, 07:37 PM
We need an experienced manager to get us out this crap league. No inexperienced gamble this time in my opinion. McCall would be my choiceI want a good manager, the right manager. Couldn't care less about the experience. McCall hasn't had a job in 12 months, there is probably a good reason for that.

madhatter
30-05-2016, 07:39 PM
The number of thread followers (including guests) is a tenth of the Rotherham stadium capacity...

probably isnt now but was!

madhatter
30-05-2016, 07:41 PM
Other thing we can't rule out is Stubbs maybe doesn't think he can get out of this league and wants to leave on High for both our sakes.

Finn2015
30-05-2016, 07:42 PM
Other thing we can't rule out is Stubbs maybe doesn't think he can get out of this league and wants to leave on High for both our sakes.

If he doesn't then he should go! Jeez, we should be looking and believing this coming campaign is our big chance to go up

Waxy
30-05-2016, 07:42 PM
Championship will be quite interesting too with Villa and Newcastle down.Rather Stubbs stayed, this is depressing.

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-05-2016, 07:44 PM
Sad to see him go if he does go but we were here before him and we will be here when he is gone. I think that "win the cup and leave ", was an option a lot of us were thinking about. But if he goes this week I want a new boss in as soon as possible. Too many times we have dithered and paid for it when it comes to player recruitment. Need to get weaving.

Tyler Durden
30-05-2016, 07:44 PM
We need an experienced manager to get us out this crap league. No inexperienced gamble this time in my opinion. McCall would be my choice

Any manager is a gamble. Any experienced manager will likely have some sort of failure on his CV or else he won't be within our reach.

The benefit of someone like a Stubbs or Mowbray is they have that hunger to succeed. Does McCall really have that? Not sure.

If we're looking at Scottish managers would Jim McIntyre be worth a look? I dunno.

I'd hope Craig and Dempster have another ex player, young coach with a bit of stature candidate lined up.

The Harp Awakes
30-05-2016, 07:46 PM
I think Stubbs will listen to hear the offer from Rotherham and weigh everything up before making a decision. I think the odds are 50/50 whether he stays or goes.

Like others have said however, if he's wanting to talk to Rotherham then even if he stays, it's only a matter of time before he leaves us for a better offer. This could be at any point in the close season or worse still during next season, which would screw up our chances of winning the league.

Best that he goes now I think to maximise our chances of being ready for next season.

Hamish
30-05-2016, 07:47 PM
Any manager is a gamble. Any experienced manager will likely have some sort of failure on his CV or else he won't be within our reach.

The benefit of someone like a Stubbs or Mowbray is they have that hunger to succeed. Does McCall really have that? Not sure.

If we're looking at Scottish managers would Jim McIntyre be worth a look? I dunno.

I'd hope Craig and Dempster have another ex player, young coach with a bit of stature candidate lined up.

Fair shout. Only downside is his assistant.