PDA

View Full Version : Interested in your thoughts for season 16/17.

JohnMcM
30-05-2016, 03:05 PM
Like any other supporter of our club I'm still on a high with our much longed for Cup win.

I may may be alone in thinking ahead at this moment, however, I expect next season to be just as up and down emotionally as the one just past.

Given the possibility that we may be able to retain AS as manager (something I would like to see), I wondered what your thoughts are about what needs to happen for us to get automatic promotion next season.

Apart from winning more points than anyone else that is:na na:.

C'mon the Hibees!

Hi Heid Yin
30-05-2016, 03:27 PM
Up the pace/tempo in all games.
Take on defenders and not look for an easy/backward/sideways pass, as demonstrated by Stokesy in the cup final.
Stop those balls from wide areas into our box because we simply can't defend them more times than not.
Purchase/loan a hard man/no nonsense defender and a pacy winger.
Get Henderson and Stokes back on loan.
I'm sure I'll think of a few more things after a stroll in the sun.

JohnMcM
30-05-2016, 03:32 PM
Take on defenders and not look for an easy/backward/sideways pass, as demonstrated by Stokesy in the cup final.
Stop those balls from wide areas into our box because we simply can't defend them more times than not.

That's a good start mate. Don't take too long with your stroll.:flag:

Finn2015
30-05-2016, 03:54 PM
Need to strengthen and sort the defence, conceded to many recently. As mentioned above, a no nonsense defender or two is needed

Jim44
30-05-2016, 03:58 PM
Hold our own or better against the stronger teams and win every game against the weaker ones. How we do it, I'll leave it Stubbs or his replacement.

Wilson
30-05-2016, 04:03 PM
We're champions elect this year. No slow start. No closing points gaps. Straight to the top and start turning the screw. Let United and Falkirk know very early that they are fighting it out for second.

Lets do this.

familyman
30-05-2016, 04:07 PM
We're champions elect this year. No slow start. No closing points gaps. Straight to the top and start turning the screw. Let United and Falkirk know very early that they are fighting it out for second.

Lets do this.
Ensure left back position is covered well,we cannot rely on Stevenson only..he is better a bit further up the park anyway.

MyJo
30-05-2016, 04:07 PM
We need more width and pace in the team and a big penalty-box striker that can battle with the defenders in this league and get goals against 10 man defences that we will be facing most of the time.

If we can do that and get Hanlon, Henderson and Gunnarson signed up for next season we should romp this league.

JohnMcM
30-05-2016, 04:14 PM
Hold our own or better against the stronger teams and win every game against the weaker ones. How we do it, I'll leave it Stubbs or his replacement.

Nice one.:top marks

JohnMcM
30-05-2016, 04:15 PM

Lets do this.

I truly believe we can.:greengrin

banchoryhibs
30-05-2016, 04:22 PM
I would like to see a more direct approach that got the ball into the opponents box faster- through the middle NOT hoofball. We were frequently too tippy-tappy last season and struggled to finish teams off.
Apart from that win the league with record points and retain the Cup!

DH1875
30-05-2016, 04:28 PM
We win the league. Put simply, nothing else will do.

Pretty Boy
30-05-2016, 04:29 PM
One thing we need to avoid is doing a Hearts with the 'comfort blanket'.

Winning the Scottish Cup was absolutely fantastic but it won't excuse us being off the pace or failing to win the league next year, we must hit the ground running and there really are no excuses for not going up as champions. The cups have shown in the last few years that there is a real opportunity for teams outwith the usual 2 to win silverware regularly rather than being happy with a cup every 10 or 20 years. Get promoted and there's no reason we can't be 1 of the teams to take the chance.

Waxy
30-05-2016, 04:30 PM

All this. If we cant get Stokes then a proven goalscorer at or above the championship level. Delighted with the squad we have at the moment. Theyve done us so proud.Very unlucky not to have had a crack at Killie.

Thecat23
30-05-2016, 04:34 PM
We need more pace in the team that's for sure. Stubbs needs to learn to change things quicker than he has previously as for me it's cost us points. He may want to show faith in the players who's started but if things aren't happening I'm sorry you have to change it.

Really hope he stays, I really do think we will win the league if he does stay and letting him go or if he wants to leave could set us back reagarding targets coming in. I'd like to know sooner rather than later though so we can all move forward as one knowing what we need to do and get it done sharp again.

JohnMcM
30-05-2016, 04:41 PM
One thing we need to avoid is doing a Hearts with the 'comfort blanket'.

Winning the Scottish Cup was absolutely fantastic but it won't excuse us being off the pace or failing to win the league next year, we must hit the ground running and there really are no excuses for not going up as champions. The cups have shown in the last few years that there is a real opportunity for teams outwith the usual 2 to win silverware regularly rather than being happy with a cup every 10 or 20 years. Get promoted and there's no reason we can't be 1 of the teams to take the chance.

This is so.........:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengri n:greengrin

JohnMcM
30-05-2016, 04:44 PM
We need more pace in the team that's for sure. Stubbs needs to learn to change things quicker than he has previously as for me it's cost us points. He may want to show faith in the both who's started but if things aren't happening I'm sorry you have to change it.

Really hope he stays, I really do think we will win the league if he does stay and letting him go or if he wants to leave could set us back reagarding targets coming in. I'd like to know sooner rather than later though so we can all move forward as one knowing what we need to do and get it done sharp again.

Hmmmmm? Thoughts from a very regular attender at ER methinks:aok:

hfcnic
30-05-2016, 04:52 PM

Lets do this.

Yep. We need to start out strong. Do not want to be one of these clubs that get stuck down in the championship. It has to be this coming season

Steve20
30-05-2016, 05:03 PM
We will win the league.

Col2
30-05-2016, 05:08 PM
I a convinced we will win the league and win it fairly comfortably especially if we don't have any transition period with new manager.

I expect Hanlon to stay and Forster to return. I think we have a very very good chance of Henderson coming back on loan/perm and I still think Cummings will stay and sign extension.

My understanding is our football budget remains at top half premiership level and I would expect 3-4 additions to the team but less of a wholesale change than previous seasons.

That cup win will give club huge boost into next season with a positivity and winning mentality along with another 2-3 thousand season ticket holders.

United have a huge turnaround and little money. Falkirk will lose decent players and won't be able to be as consistent as before in my opinion. St Mirren are still working off a poor budget and zero investment. Raith have Gary Locke.

All points to one team to win league.

mim
30-05-2016, 05:17 PM
I don't care :wink:

We are Scottish Cup holders and I can happily die tomorrow, which I hope not to. :wink:

My season ticket is bought and I'll be following this club through thick and thin for as long as I'm spared.

I don't care if Stubbs, Mcginn, Cummings or whoever are here. I support Hibs :thumbsup:

eastcoasthibby
30-05-2016, 05:36 PM
If we can keep Hanlon great, sign Gunnarson and bring Forster back into the fold, along with our young lad we signed from Raith for left back development and our defence will be fine.
We need a keeper if Logan can get fit he might be the answer , though personally I think we need to find better than we have , cos Oxley didn't cut it last year, whether Vritannen will be ready seems doubtful.
Midfield we need a wide left sided player who is direct, don't think Carmichael is the right quality and a strong decent footballing central midfielder.
I think we need at least 2 forwards ..one must be big and good in the air , and another who will give us a decent goal return , if we lose Cummings the I think we will need 3 forwards.
In terms of players going I would let Handling, Harris, Thomson, Farid, Dagnall, Possibly Carmichael and Oxley . Really torn about Sam Stanton I think he can do a job , but concerned about his consistency physicality ...one thing he would give is some goals from the midfield area.

Interesting times ahead, counting Stokes and Hendo, with the other 4 I mentioned, that is 6 out of the first team squad, not counting potentially Hamlon and Cummings away ....so maybe we are looking at quite a lot of movement and new faces !!
Having seen how our scouting and signings have gone in the past year or so in particular I am looking forward to seeing what happens and have to say quite excited !!

rotherhamrob
30-05-2016, 05:43 PM
As long as we win it then I don't care how AS goes about it.
Personally I'd like to see more pace and a proper target man, however I'm not a manager so I'll leave to him.
I was gutted when we failed to go up this year, however ,it could well be a blessing in disguise as not only will we win most of our games next season therefore making it more enjoyable for us, but, with the rangers going up I've a feeling that the atmosphere at most of their games is going to be poisonous, especially if they start to struggle.

stoneyburn hibs
30-05-2016, 06:01 PM
I don't feel as optimistic now, given the news on Stubbs. Starting yet another season with a new manager.

Finn2015
30-05-2016, 06:56 PM
I've one thing to add, get a manager

Thecat23
30-05-2016, 07:00 PM
Hmmmmm? Thoughts from a very regular attender at ER methinks:aok:

Haha I am indeed 😁👍🏼