PDA

View Full Version : York City ticket prices

Hibbyradge
30-05-2016, 09:05 AM
I went to see York v Luton last season, partly because I wanted to see how Derek Riordan played and because I like the idea of supporting my local team.

In the event, although the game ended 2-3, the football was dire and Deek was taken off at half time having had a very quiet first half.

What surprised me most was the cost of admission.

This was the bottom club in the 4th tier of English football and it cost £18 to stand behind the goal with an extra £1 required if I wanted to transfer to the far from luxurious stand. I didn't .

York were eventually relegated and are now no longer a league club.

Prices for conference games will be increased by £1!

Unbelievable!

son of haggart
30-05-2016, 10:12 AM
I went to see York v Luton last season, partly because I wanted to see how Derek Riordan played and because I like the idea of supporting my local team.

In the event, although the game ended 2-3, the football was dire and Deek was taken off at half time having had a very quiet first half.

What surprised me most was the cost of admission.

This was the bottom club in the 4th tier of English football and it cost £18 to stand behind the goal with an extra £1 required if I wanted to transfer to the far from luxurious stand. I didn't .

York were eventually relegated and are now no longer a league club.

Prices for conference games will be increased by £1!

Unbelievable!

£10 adult for Kingstonian in the Ryman

Free for under 18s

Bar before, half time and after the game selling real beer

What's not to like? ....well, apart from the football

green day
30-05-2016, 10:20 AM
£10 adult for Kingstonian in the Ryman

Free for under 18s

Bar before, half time and after the game selling real beer

What's not to like? ....well, apart from the football
Brother in law has a season at Bath City, similar pricing.

Family match ticket (2 adults, 2 kids) £20!!

I've been a few times, football is crap, but if you are local it's a good day out.

Edinburgh City were quite cheap - might change having been promoted.

Hibbyradge
30-05-2016, 03:01 PM
It turns out that the information I was given was wrong.

from the club website "Elsewhere, matchday ticket prices have also been frozen across the board for the new season."

Still, £19 for the "Popular" stand and £21 for the marginally posher one, is way too expensive for the conference. :crazy:

It's as cheap to see a Leeds United category C match.

HH81
30-05-2016, 05:34 PM
http://mobile.htafc.com//news/article/huddersfield-town-201617-season-cards-wagnerrevolution-3007819.aspx

If you want cheap football in Yorkshire see Huddersfield or Bradford prices. Very good.

DH1875
30-05-2016, 06:06 PM
How does that compare with Leeds and the Sheffield clubs?

MWHIBBIES
30-05-2016, 07:39 PM
Why should smaller clubs charge less when they need the money more?

jacomo
30-05-2016, 08:19 PM
Why should smaller clubs charge less when they need the money more?

If you're in the entertainment industry, you price your tickets to try and sell out the house.

Never understood why football clubs persist with expensive tickets and half-empty stadiums tbh.

Speedy
30-05-2016, 08:27 PM
If you're in the entertainment industry, you price your tickets to try and sell out the house.

Never understood why football clubs persist with expensive tickets and half-empty stadiums tbh.

To maximise revenue.

Scouse Hibee
30-05-2016, 08:42 PM

Hibs aren't in the entertainment industry though, you can't compare spectator sport to concerts, theatre, etc.

jgl07
30-05-2016, 08:53 PM

Because it has been proved time and time again that reducing prices does not fill stadiums.

Motherwell tried this in the 1990s and had no impact on attendance.

In any event the cost of admission is often only a small part of the total cost of matchday.

Holmesdale Hibs
30-05-2016, 09:14 PM
£19 for York City does seem expensive, but then football generally seems to cost more than it should do. Is Riordan still there?

KWJ
30-05-2016, 09:25 PM
I went to see York play Tamworth in the conference about 10 years ago.

Some of the chants were pretty good and they got their first win in 22 games or something like that.

From what I remember the ticket was cheap and we were able to nip out at half time for a pint at the pub across the road and get back in for the 2nd half!

MWHIBBIES
30-05-2016, 09:28 PM

Never understood why football clubs persist with expensive tickets and half-empty stadiums tbh.In football you price your tickets to try and keep the club alive and moving forward. That isn't possible if you are charging 5 quid.

3pm
30-05-2016, 09:32 PM
It turns out that the information I was given was wrong.

from the club website "Elsewhere, matchday ticket prices have also been frozen across the board for the new season."

Still, £19 for the "Popular" stand and £21 for the marginally posher one, is way too expensive for the conference. :crazy:

It's as cheap to see a Leeds United category C match.

Are they not all category 'c' at Leeds these days?

Iggy Pope
31-05-2016, 03:04 PM
Are they not all category 'c' at Leeds these days?

Collapsed? Catastrophic? Corrupt? Cellino? All four? :greengrin

3pm
31-05-2016, 03:28 PM
Collapsed? Catastrophic? Corrupt? Cellino? All four? :greengrin

Meant 'crap' but all apply!!

Allant1981
31-05-2016, 06:56 PM
£19 for York City does seem expensive, but then football generally seems to cost more than it should do. Is Riordan still there?

Spoke to him after the final, not at york anymore, hoping to train with hibs during the summer