PDA

View Full Version : How to tackle sectarianism

MrSmith
30-05-2016, 08:45 AM
Found this:
http://www.linfieldfc.com/latestnews.aspx?id=14637

can we see the the Rangers or SFA/SPFL deal with it in this manner?

easty
30-05-2016, 09:11 AM
Thats from November last year, have they actually taken any action against the singing? It's easy to say you'll do it.

MrSmith
30-05-2016, 09:18 AM
Thats from November last year, have they actually taken any action against the singing? It's easy to say you'll do it.

I'm not sure re anything done but statements like this have gotta be the way forward?

easty
30-05-2016, 09:31 AM
I'm not sure re anything done but statements like this have gotta be the way forward?

Aye I agree, but you can imagine Rangers saying they'll ban people for signing it but then not doing anything about it.

jacomo
30-05-2016, 09:32 AM
The Rangers will see this as a business opportunity. Disaffected Linfield supporters who don't like being told to stop singing the Billy Boys will be welcomed with open arms at Ibrox.

Bostonhibby
30-05-2016, 09:36 AM
Agree, it's been a few years now since wee eck was going to stamp it out in Scotland.

Mr White
30-05-2016, 09:39 AM
Any club lagging behind linfield in tackling sectarianism should really be closed down immediately.

Sir David Gray
30-05-2016, 10:41 AM
No danger Sevco will come out with anything like this.

It's far too lucrative for them.

superfurryhibby
30-05-2016, 10:43 AM
Agree, it's been a few years now since wee eck was going to stamp it out in Scotland.

Aye, it's been so easy to do right enough.

One of the key areas is to treat each team on their merits and stop colluding with the status quo by lumping both Glasgow teams together. That plays straight into the hands of the bigots. They are not one entity and the problems are not the same.

edinburghhibee
30-05-2016, 10:49 AM
I've always said that the only way to get these stupid people out are game is to deduct points from them. If this was to happen and either cheek of the old firm arse lost a title due to it you can bet your mortgage it wouldn't happen again.

It would be the 1point deduction for any game these knuckle draggers ruin and is reported on the reports from any of the officials. Eventually the orcs will self police and shout out the idiots who continually drag Scottish football down.

Within 5 years I believe it would be eradicated from Scottish stadiums.

hibIBZ
30-05-2016, 11:09 AM
I've always said that the only way to get these stupid people out are game is to deduct points from them. If this was to happen and either cheek of the old firm arse lost a title due to it you can bet your mortgage it wouldn't happen again.

It would be the 1point deduction for any game these knuckle draggers ruin and is reported on the reports from any of the officials. Eventually the orcs will self police and shout out the idiots who continually drag Scottish football down.

This!! Only way is to punish the whole club until it stops. Proper legislation with no loop holes that is enforced is needed to back this up.

Hi Heid Yin
30-05-2016, 11:13 AM

I like this idea!:top marks

Bostonhibby
30-05-2016, 01:08 PM
Aye, it's been so easy to do right enough.

One of the key areas is to treat each team on their merits and stop colluding with the status quo by lumping both Glasgow teams together. That plays straight into the hands of the bigots. They are not one entity and the problems are not the same.
Agree with you, I'm waiting to see it start though otherwise it's a soundbite