PDA

View Full Version : Please stay Alan and finish the job

Penicuik Hibee
30-05-2016, 07:33 AM
I hope Alan stays and finishes the job. We need stability and we need a manager that sets an example to the players he is asking to stay and play another year in the championship. If he goes, then I think a number of the players will follow.

He has built a good team from scratch. We see that every time we have played a premiership team. If we can learn to break down the teams that park the bus, we will fly out of this league next season.

Say and finish the job Alan. Let's build this summer rather than have to re-build.

The time to leave is when a top job comes along - like Everton. Rotherham is a dead end job. Bolton has opportunity and an emotional pull. But they are in free fall.

Stay and take us back to the top.

Still buzzing after last week. A few more Saturday's like that would be amazing

jacomo
30-05-2016, 08:18 AM
Agreed.

:gwa:

InchHibby
30-05-2016, 08:31 AM
I hope Alan stays and finishes the job. We need stability and we need a manager that sets an example to the players he is asking to stay and play another year in the championship. If he goes, then I think a number of the players will follow.

He has built a good team from scratch. We see that every time we have played a premiership team. If we can learn to break down the teams that park the bus, we will fly out of this league next season.

Say and finish the job Alan. Let's build this summer rather than have to re-build.

The time to leave is when a top job comes along - like Everton. Rotherham is a dead end job. Bolton has opportunity and an emotional pull. But they are in free fall.

Stay and take us back to the top.

Still buzzing after last week. A few more Saturday's like that would be amazing
I may be wrong, but I'm sure he has already stated that he has unfinished business and that business being winning the championship next season.
I have been reading the thread regarding him going to Rotherham but once again, I'm sure he made this statement.

scooby
30-05-2016, 09:29 AM
I may be wrong, but I'm sure he has already stated that he has unfinished business and that business being winning the championship next season.
I have been reading the thread regarding him going to Rotherham but once again, I'm sure he made this statement.

Yup, I'd be pretty gutted given the passion he, John and Taff have shown for our club if he jumped ship now, when he clearly stated he was planning to stay and win the league next season.
I don't think it would do their careers any harm to stay for next season and get us promoted.

They've got it pretty good here, a good squad, a passionate fanbase and a supportive board - If I were them I don't think I'd be tempted to a soulless hole like Rotherham!

NAE NOOKIE
30-05-2016, 10:51 AM
Desperate for him to stay now, and I was all for him staying before the cup final ...... he proved he can make big decisions and the right ones by changing our formation in the cup final and by hooking Cummings when it wasn't working out for him.

But the biggest thing was that in years gone by some Hibs teams at Hampden would have crumbled after going 2 - 1 behind to one of the ugly sisters ..... this team upped their game even though they must have been knackered, the more you watch the game ( about 4 times now :greengrin ) the more impressive David Gray's performance becomes in the last 25 minutes ... he was immense. This is a team that wants to play for its manager ( this manager ) and you cant buy that.

pennyhibee
30-05-2016, 10:57 AM
I'd be seriously surprised if Stubbs &co are not here next year

30-05-2016, 11:12 AM
I think Stubbs himself will feel he has unfinished business here. His main aim the last 2 season was getting us out of this league, unfortunately we have fallen short both times.

matty_f
30-05-2016, 12:22 PM
I'm really hoping that Stubbs stays.

In his first season - second in the Championship, very unlucky not to go up through the play-offs, Scottish Cup Semi-Final, and out of the League Cup to Dundee Utd on penalties.

Second season - third in the Championship on goal difference, very unlucky not to go up through the play-offs. League Cup finalists, Scottish Cup winners. Say that again - Scottish Cup Winners! :flag:

I haven't seen a Hibs team fight for each other like this side since Mowbray's days.

I think if he stays, we will win the league next season and go up automatically.