PDA

View Full Version : Next hibs manager

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

KDY Hibs
30-05-2016, 04:12 AM
Stubbs is now 1/10 to leave hibs, so looking more likely, but if he does go, who would you like to see replace him?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-05-2016, 05:15 AM
Not Stuart McCall anyway. IMO we'd find it hard to find someone better or as good as Stubbs.

blackpoolhibs
30-05-2016, 05:35 AM
Not Stuart McCall anyway. IMO we'd find it hard to find someone better or as good as Stubbs.

Why would any Hibs fan not want a manager who'd taken Motherwell to 2nd place and two 3rd place finishes on a smaller budget than we have?

I cant see whats wrong with his CV other than he's an ex hun?

Personally i just dont see Stubbs going to Rotherham, i dont think this is the step up he see's as the right one at this moment in time.

Callum_62
30-05-2016, 05:50 AM
I wouldnt be against McCall in anyway - his motherwell team played good football and were quick

improved slightly a rangers team in a mess, and had many a good season at Well

Mind, I wasnt against Terry Butcher either :greengrin

I reckon Yogi/Laptapy combo would be in the mix too

I do hope Stubbs stays though

bingo70
30-05-2016, 06:09 AM
Why would any Hibs fan not want a manager who'd taken Motherwell to 2nd place and two 3rd place finishes on a smaller budget than we have?

Personally i just dont see Stubbs going to Rotherham, i dont think this is the step up he see's as the right one at this moment in time.

Somebody quite rightly pointed out an another thread his unacceptable hair do. That's another factor going against him.

blackpoolhibs
30-05-2016, 06:18 AM
Somebody quite rightly pointed out an another thread his unacceptable hair do. That's another factor going against him.

:greengrin I really dont know if he's the right man should we need a new manager soon, but hair do apart he's proved himself in the SPL or whatever its called these days, his teams also had wide men with pace, he also signed some very good keepers.

2nd place and 3rd twice is not too shabby for me, Jimmy Calderwood was another we seemed to turn our nose up at too in the past, and being too orange was one of the reasons i read here too. :wink:

KDY Hibs
30-05-2016, 06:19 AM

He will link up with leann dempster again aswell who was at Motherwell with him aswell so McCall could not be a bad shout.

bingo70
30-05-2016, 06:35 AM
When Stubbs was appointed McCall was available then, given that Dempster had just been working with him at Motherwell and on the face of it done pretty well I would question why we didn't go for him then?

We needed someone quickly, she obviously knew all of his attributes and what he was like to work with but something stopped us going for him and that concerns me a bit about going for him now. I'd also question why nobody else has given him a go?

IMO he probably doesn't fit into the 'first team coach' model we are currently working with, he comes across as more of an old school traditional manager.

I also feel we have finally built a bit momentum as a club, a manager that's not universally popular could put us back to square one.

500miles
30-05-2016, 06:42 AM
Boozy is very well thought of as a.coach.

KDY Hibs
30-05-2016, 06:45 AM
Boozy is very well thought of as a.coach.

Maybe a bit soon for him straight away? Perhaps become assistant to the new coach since I'm assuming JD and AH will be off with Stubbs if he goes

Andy74
30-05-2016, 09:03 AM
Eric Black?

LustForLeith
30-05-2016, 09:04 AM

Nowt wrong with a mullet mate!

LustForLeith
30-05-2016, 09:06 AM
What's Steve Clarke up to? Wasn't he linked with us before?

What about Stewart Baxter? He always gets mentioned.

Hibbyradge
30-05-2016, 09:08 AM
Ryan Giggs.

:wink:

Michael
30-05-2016, 09:09 AM
Every time we've gone for the manager I've wanted it's been a disaster. I'm hoping for a surprise appointment (but maybe I've cursed that now too?).

neil7908
30-05-2016, 09:13 AM
Absolutely no inside knowledge but I also am not convinced that Stubbs will see Rotherham as the right step in his career. Apart from earning more money on just don't see it as a great move. I could understand him going to an English Championship team challenging for promotion but does he fancy an inevitable relegation battle next season or Europe, winning promotion and having a shot at the cups again next year with Hibs?

darwenhibby
30-05-2016, 09:16 AM
Ryan Giggs.

:wink:
Where's that Daffy Duck

What about Tommy Wright or Jim McIntyre
Both done well with smaller clubs

HibbiesandtheBaddies
30-05-2016, 09:19 AM
What's Steve Clarke up to? Wasn't he linked with us before?

What about Stewart Baxter? He always gets mentioned.

I'd be happy with that!

LustForLeith
30-05-2016, 09:22 AM
Where's that Daffy Duck

What about Tommy Wright or Jim McIntyre
Both done well with smaller clubs

I might be wrong but I don't think Wright would leave the Saint for another Scottish club. But I'd take him. McIntyre has done really well with County too. A manager like him.

How's Jackie McNamara getting on? I'd maybe take Derek Adams if things don't go well today at Plymouth.

lord bunberry
30-05-2016, 09:22 AM

I don't want him anywhere near Easter Road. He's a Hun who would bring kenny Black in as his number 2. The thought of that animal in the home dugout is enough to turn my stomach.

Hibbyradge
30-05-2016, 09:23 AM
Michael O' Neil to take over after NI are knocked out of Euro 2016?

Hibbyradge
30-05-2016, 09:24 AM
I might be wrong but I don't think Wright would leave the Saint for another Scottish club. But I'd take him. McIntyre has done really well with County too. A manager like him.

How's Jackie McNamara getting on? I'd maybe take Derek Adams if things don't go well today at Plymouth.

McNamara is contracted to York City who he got relegated last season.

Diclonius
30-05-2016, 09:29 AM
http://img.thesun.co.uk/aidemitlum/archive/01501/chapps_1501472a.jpg

overdrive
30-05-2016, 09:31 AM
When Stubbs was appointed McCall was available then, given that Dempster had just been working with him at Motherwell and on the face of it done pretty well I would question why we didn't go for him then?

We needed someone quickly, she obviously knew all of his attributes and what he was like to work with but something stopped us going for him and that concerns me a bit about going for him now. I'd also question why nobody else has given him a go?

IMO he probably doesn't fit into the 'first team coach' model we are currently working with, he comes across as more of an old school traditional manager.

I also feel we have finally built a bit momentum as a club, a manager that's not universally popular could put us back to square one.

No he wasn't. He left Motherwell in November of Stubbs' first season here.

CRAZYHIBBY
30-05-2016, 09:33 AM
Stubbs will go sometime but i doubt it will be this season. ...1/10 odds from the bookies means absolutely hee haw.....think its more scaremongering from the media......now that we Have euro games to play i fully expect more disruptions from them

jacomo
30-05-2016, 09:34 AM
I'll wait until there's a vacancy thanks.

We still have a manager. At least I hope we do.

BroxburnHibee
30-05-2016, 09:34 AM

That is a shout!!

LustForLeith
30-05-2016, 09:36 AM
McNamara is contracted to York City who he got relegated last season.

Weren't they in a bad way when he took over?

Ozyhibby
30-05-2016, 09:36 AM
That is a shout!!

He is now well out of our price range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LustForLeith
30-05-2016, 09:37 AM

I'd take O'Neill but hasn't he signed a new deal with Northern Ireland? Can also see English clubs trying to get him.

Ozyhibby
30-05-2016, 09:38 AM

Correct, and we were in no position to pay compensation to anyone as we had to pay butcher and Malpas for the next year as well.

cabbageandribs1875
30-05-2016, 09:40 AM
Michael o'neil signed a new 4-year contract with norn ireland a few months back....next

bingo70
30-05-2016, 09:40 AM

I stand corrected then.

I just remember having a bet on McCall to take over, thought it was a stick on.

The Green Goblin
30-05-2016, 09:48 AM

:agree:

we are hibs
30-05-2016, 09:51 AM
McLeish

Moulin Yarns
30-05-2016, 09:52 AM

Absolutely. :aok:

The Leith Dutch
30-05-2016, 09:56 AM
Surprised nobody has suggested Riordan :greengrin

NadeAteMyLunch!
30-05-2016, 09:57 AM

That was me [emoji1384] I stand by it as well.

blaikie
30-05-2016, 10:04 AM
Yogi ..... Got Falkirk out of this league!

Sweet Left Peg
30-05-2016, 10:04 AM
I stand corrected then.

I just remember having a bet on McCall to take over, thought it was a stick on.

Said the man in the orthopaedic shoes...

Andy74
30-05-2016, 10:16 AM
I don't want him anywhere near Easter Road. He's a Hun who would bring kenny Black in as his number 2. The thought of that animal in the home dugout is enough to turn my stomach.

All that matters is getting the club promoted. I couldn't give a toss about their background.

Ozyhibby
30-05-2016, 10:20 AM
All that matters is getting the club promoted. I couldn't give a toss about their background.

Agree. Promotion is the most important thing next season. We will need to score a lot more goals next season. McCall's Motherwell team managed to score more in the premier league than we managed last season in the championship.

HibsNibs
30-05-2016, 10:22 AM
Owen Coyle. Gets us promoted then gets the celtc job (the one he really wants) when Rodgers gets fired next May.

lord bunberry
30-05-2016, 10:38 AM
I could. I also don't rate him as a manager, he did well at Motherwell, but he didn't do great at Bradford or Rangers. As soon as the going got tough at Motherwell he bailed out, something he threatened on a few occasions at Bradford as well.

Yorkshire HFC
30-05-2016, 10:44 AM
That is a shout!!

Euro championship to Scottish championship - can't see it myself. I think the board have a hard sell on their hands - we need to be out of this league - anyone who can do that will be great for me.

Finn2015
30-05-2016, 10:46 AM
I'm still more than confident Stubbs will remain at Hibernian. However, if he goes, John Hughes?

SquashedFrogg
30-05-2016, 10:51 AM

This pretty much sums the scenario as I see it.

Suspect it's unlikely for Stubbs to leave at this stage (certainly not before the 80 ft statue is constructed) but if it happens then SM would do for me.

LustForLeith
30-05-2016, 11:03 AM
I'm still more than confident Stubbs will remain at Hibernian. However, if he goes, John Hughes?

I was thinking that it was strange for Yogi to leave Inverness without having somewhere to go?

And at least if we're still paying him he'd at least be able to work for it!

pennyhibee
30-05-2016, 11:17 AM
Don't think Stubbs will go If he did Yogi,Boozy and Collins

mcfly
30-05-2016, 11:19 AM

Good point - wouldn't surprise me to see Neil Lennon in the mix should a vacancy come up.

Might not be for everyone but may be a possibility

NAE NOOKIE
30-05-2016, 11:21 AM
Gordon Strachan .... he was crying at SOL on Saturday, you could see the tracks of his tears on the TV make up :greengrin

I know it sounds daft, but Ryan Giggs might not be a bad shout ... the guy is minted so money might not be such a big factor. Word on the street is that he will be less than happy if Jose doesn't give him a 'proper' job at Man Utd and after watching the way Gary Neville crashed and burned at Valencia he might fancy cutting his teeth off the radar as it were if he does decide its time to go into management.

Andy Walker ............. at least then if we screw up I could revel in his pain :greengrin

Waxy
30-05-2016, 11:22 AM
Im no saying anything. I wanted Butcher. I trust Leeann.

mcfly
30-05-2016, 11:23 AM
Anyway looks like hibs have said no to Rotherham so unless Stubbs resigns he's going nowhere

bingo70
30-05-2016, 11:26 AM
Anyway looks like hibs have said no to Rotherham so unless Stubbs resigns he's going nowhere

Where are you hearing that?

mcfly
30-05-2016, 11:33 AM
Where are you hearing that?

Internet

SeanWilson
30-05-2016, 11:34 AM
Good point - wouldn't surprise me to see Neil Lennon in the mix should a vacancy come up.

Absolutely no chance IMO

High-On-Hibs
30-05-2016, 11:38 AM
Wouldn't want McCall anywhere near the club. He would come for the money and the money alone and we've had enough managers like that already.

Waxy
30-05-2016, 11:39 AM
Internet

Hellooooo Mcflyyyyyy

bingo70
30-05-2016, 11:40 AM
Internet

Cheers for clearing that up.

Thecat23
30-05-2016, 11:41 AM
Hellooooo Mcflyyyyyy

😂😂

OsloHibs
30-05-2016, 11:42 AM
NO to stuart McCall. NO NO NO.

snedzuk
30-05-2016, 11:56 AM

Can we put you down as a maybe?

snooky
30-05-2016, 11:56 AM
Not my choice but I'm surprised Ian Murray's name hasn't come up. Whoever is at the helm whether it be Stubbs or not, a lot depends on the chemistry between the players, manager, board and fans. Get the right mix and everything will fall into place.

Thecat23
30-05-2016, 11:58 AM
Not my choice but I'm surprised Ian Murray's name hasn't come up. Whoever is at the helm whether it be Stubbs or not, a lot depends on the chemistry between the players, manager, board and fans. Get the right mix and everything will fall into place.

He's no where near ready for a club of Hibs size.

mcfly
30-05-2016, 11:59 AM
Hellooooo Mcflyyyyyy

Hahahaha

Golden Bear
30-05-2016, 12:01 PM
Personally I think it's a good bet that a certain Mr Stubbs will still be in the Managerial chair next season.

OsloHibs
30-05-2016, 12:01 PM
Can we put you down as a maybe?

NO. haha!

Golden Bear
30-05-2016, 12:03 PM

Not good enough for St Mirren and most certainly not good enough for Hibs.

Scotchmist
30-05-2016, 12:04 PM
Personally I think it's a good bet that a certain Mr Stubbs will still be in the Managerial chair next season.

Yep! In Stubbs we trust!

GGTTH

Wilson
30-05-2016, 12:07 PM
He's no where near ready for a club of Hibs size.

I agree with this. I thought he was doing a good job at Dumbarton and can see why St. Mirren gave him his chance. It is at a club like that where he might have shown he was ready for the next step.

For whatever reason that didn't work out. He will need at least another chance at a similar club, with more success, before I'd take a punt on him.

thommo1875
30-05-2016, 12:09 PM
I'd do everything possible to keep Doolan on as Boss. Likelihood him and taff go with Stubbs. Doolan has played a massive part and i would love to see him continue.

pennyhibee
30-05-2016, 12:11 PM
From what I've heard McCall would never want to join Hibs

ekhibee
30-05-2016, 12:18 PM
I agree with this. I thought he was doing a good job at Dumbarton and can see why St. Mirren gave him his chance. It is at a club like that where he might have shown he was ready for the next step.

For whatever reason that didn't work out. He will need at least another chance at a similar club, with more success, before I'd take a punt on him.
Yeh, agreed. With the St Midden thing it wouldn't surprise me if Thompson and Goodwin were sticking their oars in there, neither of them were shy of making comments at the best of times.

Waxy
30-05-2016, 12:23 PM
Hahahaha

Sorry couldnt resist.

mcfly
30-05-2016, 12:35 PM
Sorry couldnt resist.

No worries can't stop smiling - we won the cup

If stubbsy leaves he leaves a winner - Yes no promotion but he win us the big cup - that day at Hampden will never be bettered for me unless we beat hearts in the cup final with a last minute goal I suppose.

corby hibee
30-05-2016, 12:35 PM
If stubbs does leave then the next manager must know the players and style before hand.

percy veer
30-05-2016, 12:36 PM

oh dear, a bit of perspective please van gaal also out of work

percy veer
30-05-2016, 12:38 PM
Billy davies think he was close to the killie job so we might get hi this time, his name seems to pop up every time we need a new manager

GreenLake
30-05-2016, 12:47 PM
Stubbs has to transform this team from a cup winning side into a league winning side. There is something interesting about that and I wonder if he will see that as an opportunity. He thinks he has a great group of players to work with. If he does leave I would hope to see Leeann at the next Galaxy game talking to Robbie Keane.

Big L
30-05-2016, 12:51 PM
Neil Warnock my choice, apparently likes Edinburgh!

KeithTheHibby
30-05-2016, 12:58 PM
Stuart Baxter for me.

Seriously I would have to question Stubbs ambition if he was to join Rotherham. Ok they are a championship club however they are extremely pish and flirt with relegation every season. The chairman also seems to be a bit of an arse too. How many managers have they had last 2 seasons?

SeanWilson
30-05-2016, 01:24 PM

Neil Lennon, Neil Warnock and Michael O'neill are all named in this thread.

Have i missed the part where the Murray brothers opened the wallet and ploughes multi-millions in to the hibees?

Don't think Pellegrini has a job yet?

Fisherrow Harp
30-05-2016, 01:25 PM

Aye, would like that.

Fisherrow Harp
30-05-2016, 01:26 PM

Have i missed the part where the Murray brothers opened the wallet and ploughes multi-millions in to the hibees?

Ha fair point ^^

Nicho87
30-05-2016, 01:29 PM
Stubbs left like

jdships
30-05-2016, 02:02 PM

I Would put a couple of quid ( of my own money :greengrin ) on that !!

SonOfDavidFrancey
30-05-2016, 02:06 PM
And in the event he goes the profile will be like his and mowbray's - experienced in coaching, first managerial job, in sympathy with current style.

Hermit Crab
30-05-2016, 02:09 PM

Lets give him the job because of his love for the city then. He's a grade A clown.

Edson Arantes
30-05-2016, 02:10 PM
Lvg?

Thecat23
30-05-2016, 02:13 PM

Wasn't there someone on here who knew him or had spoke to him and that's where the Edinburgh thing came about? I could be totally wrong just rings a bell that someone on here knew or had a good chat with him.

SeanWilson
30-05-2016, 02:15 PM
Wasn't there someone on here who knew him or had spoke to him and that's where the Edinburgh thing came about? I could be totally wrong just rings a bell that someone on here knew or had a good chat with him.

he has a holiday cabin in dunoon... so of course you put English Man + cabin in the woods = Warnock loves Edinburgh and the mighty hibees :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-05-2016, 02:21 PM

I thought the timing of Yogi's departure from ICT was "interesting", would much prefer no change though.

KWJ
30-05-2016, 02:37 PM
Said it elsewhere with reasoning and I know I'll get shot down but...

... Russell Latapy.

Moulin Yarns
30-05-2016, 02:38 PM
Alan Stubbs, anyone?

weonlywon6-2
30-05-2016, 02:39 PM
Tommy Wright at St Johnstone for me.
Done amazing things there and would take Hibs to the next step

Hermit Crab
30-05-2016, 02:43 PM
Tommy Wright at St Johnstone for me.
Done amazing things there and would take Hibs to the next step

Asking an SPL manager to drop down a division.

Waxy
30-05-2016, 02:45 PM
Alan Stubbs, anyone?

Yep

Andy74
30-05-2016, 02:55 PM
Alan Stubbs, anyone?

I think the question was, if Alan Stubbs was to leave, who would we get next.

Moulin Yarns
30-05-2016, 03:07 PM
I think the question was, if Alan Stubbs was to leave, who would we get next.

Except, there is nothing to say he is leaving, only media speculation and the usual obsession from, of all places, Rotherham, so this thread is pointless, as are a couple of other similar ones.

Does nobody think, I wonder what Alan Stubbs would think if he was reading this??

Andy74
30-05-2016, 03:12 PM
Except, there is nothing to say he is leaving, only media speculation and the usual obsession from, of all places, Rotherham, so this thread is pointless, as are a couple of other similar ones.

Does nobody think, I wonder what Alan Stubbs would think if he was reading this??

There wouldn't be Internet forums if we went with your couple of points.

In any case, yes, there is a point in discussing potential next managers.

A couple of weeks ago many would have sacked the current one. Now we have another team suggesting they have asked permission to speak to him.

Would be a bit odd not to think about what the next move might be.

Moulin Yarns
30-05-2016, 03:14 PM
There wouldn't be Internet forums if we went with your couple of points.

In any case, yes, there is a point in discussing potential next managers.

A couple of weeks ago many would have sacked the current one. Now we have another team suggesting they have asked permission to speak to him.

Would be a bit odd not to think about what the next move might be.

Aye, the next move would be Alan Stubbs thinking, I've not even resigned and they are already filling the hot seat.

ekhibee
30-05-2016, 04:24 PM

and the bookies.

ekhibee
30-05-2016, 04:28 PM
If Stubbs was leaving I think it'd be a highlight on the BBC Scotland website. Right now it's the new ICT manager. Stubbs leaving would be a bloody sight more interesting than that.

Paisley Hibby
30-05-2016, 04:45 PM
I really hope Stubbs stays. Meanwhile, can all those folk mentioning Yogi Hughes, John Collins and Ian Murray please have a word with themselves. Yogi has benefited from the ICT effect (managers do well there but turn out to be ***** when they move on), Collins is woeful at man management and has been a failure in every manager/coaching job he's had and Ian Murray was a disaster at St Mirren. IF Stubbs goes I'd trust Leeanne to come up with the right replacement and I bet it wouldn't be one of those 3!

KWJ
30-05-2016, 05:01 PM
I really hope Stubbs stays. Meanwhile, can all those folk mentioning Yogi Hughes, John Collins and Ian Murray please have a word with themselves. Yogi has benefited from the ICT effect (managers do well there but turn out to be ***** when they move on), Collins is woeful at man management and has been a failure in every manager/coaching job he's had and Ian Murray was a disaster at St Mirren. IF Stubbs goes I'd trust Leeanne to come up with the right replacement and I bet it wouldn't be one of those 3!

I agree with all of this.

But I still say Latapy, or pluck another Stubbs. What about David Weir :greengrin

The question of the thread is 'Next Hibs Manager', that doesn't mean it has to be in the coming days.

**** it, give it to David Gray.

Andy74
30-05-2016, 05:15 PM
Aye, the next move would be Alan Stubbs thinking, I've not even resigned and they are already filling the hot seat.

Sure.

Big L
30-05-2016, 05:27 PM
Lets give him the job because of his love for the city then. He's a grade A clown.

BullS--T

bigwheel
30-05-2016, 05:29 PM

one of the most overrated and tactically inept managers in recent years - would not want him anywhere near our club

Hermit Crab
30-05-2016, 05:30 PM
BullS--T

Hows it bull****? The boy is a total roaster. It's never his fault when things go wrong.

Big L
30-05-2016, 05:39 PM
That's why Rotherham tried to keep him Eh!! One of the best records in the game gaining promotion, which is exactly what we need, right now.

SeanWilson
30-05-2016, 05:41 PM
That's why Rotherham tried to keep him Eh!! One of the best records in the game gaining promotion, which is exactly what we need, right now.

you're deluded if you think either hibs have a shot at getting him or he's a decent choice for a hibs manager.

Big L
30-05-2016, 05:44 PM
you're deluded if you think either hibs have a shot at getting him or he's a decent choice for a hibs manager.

What, he's to good for us in one breath, so even if he did want to come he's no good enough. I'm deluded?

1875STEVE
30-05-2016, 05:49 PM
I think Stubbs will stay, regarding Rotherham anyway.

BUT.

If he does go my no1choice would be Tommy Wright, Yes its a step down a division, but its a step up in club and budget.

Others:

Yogi with Boozy?? Yogi would drag us out this division by the scruff of the neck.

Latapy, maybe a bit too soon, we don't have the time for rookie mistakes.

supermcginn
30-05-2016, 05:53 PM
Cany afford to gamble on a rookie, get mcLeish back in!

SeanWilson
30-05-2016, 05:54 PM
What, he's to good for us in one breath, so even if he did want to come he's no good enough. I'm deluded?

No.

A) Neil Warnock will not have hibs anywhere near his thought process.
B) We operate with a Head of Football Operations and a Head coach. Warnock (i don't believe) is not suited to this type of role
C) He seems to be a manager for a few months, get pissed off for one reason or another and bugger off - really not what we need
D) Is probably able to take a job with a far better club than Rotheram on much higher wages than AS is about to recieve

blaikie
30-05-2016, 05:57 PM
McNamara?

Greencore
30-05-2016, 06:00 PM
Peter Houston...

No.

Cod Boy
30-05-2016, 06:00 PM
Neil Lennon

Hibernia&Alba
30-05-2016, 06:01 PM
Scottish Cup holders and League Cup finalists, we should get some good applicants. I'm aiming high - Davie Moyes, please. We mustn't make the retrograde step of appointing one of old faces who invariably turn up in Scottish football.

Lee Marvin
30-05-2016, 06:02 PM
Warnock is a non starter. Mccall must be bookies favourite and I would be speaking to mcintyre and Tommy wright if I was dempster.

Not convinced I'd want mcleish either

SeanWilson
30-05-2016, 06:02 PM
Scottish Cup holders and League Cup finalists, we should get some good applicants. I'm aiming high - Davie Moyes, please. We mustn't make the retrograde step of appointing one of old faces who invariably turn up in Scottish football.

FFS he'd be unlucky not to find himself back managing an EPL team. Some right delusions of grandeur on here today.

Lee Marvin
30-05-2016, 06:03 PM

If you are being serious this is my favourite post in years.

I'd personally rather have Diego simieone, prefer his style over moyes...

euro Hibby
30-05-2016, 06:03 PM
i think i read warnock was going to wigan but I may be mistaken. Tough shift to follow . Mcleish would cost too much and would need a big budget. I am sure they have someone already in their sights, i am not sure I would go for Yogi but again you never know. Interesting next month and we need to cast the net far and wide.

keep the faith
30-05-2016, 06:04 PM
Mcleish with Kevin Thomson as number 2. Stubbs staying would be my ideal though.

Onion
30-05-2016, 06:06 PM
Mcleish with Kevin Thomson as number 2. Stubbs staying would be my ideal though.

Macleish is burned out. We need a hungry manager who's on the up, despite the risk of losing them to the next 2 bit toy-town team with a bit of cash.

KWJ
Neil Lennon

That's not an awful shout to be fair.

Hibernia&Alba
FFS he'd be unlucky not to find himself back managing an EPL team. Some right delusions of grandeur on here today.

If you are being serious this is my favourite post in years.

I'd personally rather have Diego simieone, prefer his style over moyes...

Whit? :greengrin

Simeone's Atletico are built upon defence, we need someone who will play the Hibs way.

Pete
30-05-2016, 06:07 PM
Should we give Butcher, Malpas and Marsella another chance?

What's the worst that could happen?

:dunno:

Pete
30-05-2016, 06:08 PM
Whit? :greengrin

Simeone's Atletico are built upon defence, we need someone who will play the Hibs way.

Ryan Giggs.

superfurryhibby
30-05-2016, 06:11 PM
Mc Leish or Mc Call would do me fine.

Both have experience and some stature in the game. At this stage in his career, Hibs and McLeith would be a good fit. Same applies to McCall. No rookies and no wildcards for me.

Hibernia&Alba
30-05-2016, 06:11 PM

Ryan Giggs.

He'd be box office. We should be attracting a big name now who can take us further. Nae failures/has beens.

GlesgaeHibby
30-05-2016, 06:13 PM
Wasn't Thierry Henry mentioned for the Motherwell job last year?

Personally think David Weir would be a good shout.

blaikie
30-05-2016, 06:14 PM
Owen Coyle
Alex McLeish
John Hughes
Jackie Mcnamara
Paul Lambert
Steve Clark
Billy Davies
Andy Scott

Are within our limits I would imagine .....

Colr
30-05-2016, 06:15 PM
Owen Coyle
Alex McLeish
John Hughes
Jackie Mcnamara
Paul Lambert
Steve Clark
Billy Davies
Andy Scott

As a job share?

Hibernia&Alba
Owen Coyle
Alex McLeish
John Hughes
Jackie Mcnamara
Paul Lambert
Steve Clark
Billy Davies
Andy Scott

Lambert is the only name on that list that grabs my attention.

Finn2015
Jackie McNamara or Hughes would be good appointments

Colr
30-05-2016, 06:17 PM

Ryan Giggs.

Maybe he'd bring Louis van Gaal

oneone73
30-05-2016, 06:17 PM
People keep suggesting experienced managers when what we're looking for is a head coach. On that basis, I'd think about Duncan Ferguson or Scot Gemmill.

Finn2015
30-05-2016, 06:18 PM
Just hope if Stubbs goes, it happens quickly and a new manager has time bed in

Greencore
Owen Coyle for me. Doubt it though as he said he wants to be near his family in engerland

Pete

He'd be box office. We should be attracting a big name now who can take us further. Nae failures/has beens.

Neville/Giggs dream team.

They could even get a game if they want.

keep the faith
30-05-2016, 06:19 PM
People keep suggesting experienced managers when what we're looking for is a head coach. On that basis, I'd think about Duncan Ferguson or Scot Gemmill.

Very good shouts.

blaikie
30-05-2016, 06:20 PM
Jim Gannon .............

bingo70
30-05-2016, 06:20 PM
Patrick Kluivert (Nearly got the Ross County job before anyone scoffs)
Brian McDermott
Scott Gemmill

bingo70
30-05-2016, 06:24 PM
Gary Monk a possibility?

I'd have thought not but it's been a while since he was in work (not sure why?)

Hibeesmad
30-05-2016, 06:25 PM
Malky Mackay will be a candidate

Pete
30-05-2016, 06:27 PM
Graham Westley?

Alex Neill?

If Steve Clarke can join Killie then why not?

Northernhibee
30-05-2016, 06:31 PM
I really wouldn't discount Yogi. Knows the Scottish leagues, knows the club, has learned a lot since leaving us and I think he'd do a good job.

Vault Boy
30-05-2016, 06:31 PM
Whoever Leeann sees fit for the job. Her appointment record so far is 100% Scottish Cup winners, let's hope she can keep up the form. :wink:

As long as we play good football that wins us this league, I don't think I care.

wick hibby
30-05-2016, 06:32 PM
Michael o'neill

Topographic Hibby
30-05-2016, 06:36 PM

Scottish League One........

coldingham hibs
30-05-2016, 06:36 PM
Slightly off topic but does anyone find it weird that Robbie Neilson doesn't seem to get all this attention, considering Hearts have won the championship and finished 3rd in the Premiership.

Is it possible that we just don't pay a high enough salary that makes it easy for teams to poach.

SeanWilson
30-05-2016, 06:38 PM
Slightly off topic but does anyone find it weird that Robbie Neilson doesn't seem to get all this attention, considering Hearts have won the championship and finished 3rd in the Premiership.

Is it possible that we just don't pay a high enough salary that makes it easy for teams to poach.

think its clear to everyone in football that Neilson is a puppet.

Joe6-2

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhh

PiemanP
1st choice is Stubbs staying. Second choice is Doolan. Failing that McCall or mcLeish. Can we get a poll?

yekimevol
I would be ok with most of these, but alan staying is the main hope.
1) Stewart Mccall, 2) Paul Dickov, 3) Owen Coyle, 4) Steve Clarke , 5) Malkey Mckay , 6) Yogi 7) Ian Murray, 8) Doggie Freeman, 9) Mixu.

Northernhibee

It's more likely that Hertz never learn their lesson and are vastly overpaying for crap.

FitbaFolkKen
30-05-2016, 06:39 PM

More likely that a lot of people presume Levein has a large influence over the team. Stubbs has a higher profile in England a s well from his playing days.

FitbaFolkKen
30-05-2016, 06:40 PM
1st choice is Stubbs staying. Second choice is Doolan. Failing that McCall or mcLeish. Can we get a poll?

I think Doolan is a great guy and has clearly taken Hibs to his heart but not convinced he would do a job as the manager. No evidence neither way though, he could be great.

OsloHibs
30-05-2016, 06:41 PM
As long as its no-one with hUn tendencies, then I'll be fine with whoever.

marinello59
30-05-2016, 06:41 PM
Can we make sure that any unsubstantiated gossip and rumour isn't posted on here.
Thanks.

Stokesy's on fire
30-05-2016, 06:42 PM

Same can be said for the sheep manager not a club interested at all

Hibernia&Alba
30-05-2016, 06:42 PM
As long as its no-one with hUn tendencies, then I'll be fine with whoever.

I'd take Ian Paisley Jnr, if it guaranteed promotion. I just want the right man who can deliver SPL football.

Stokesy's on fire
30-05-2016, 06:43 PM
Can we make sure that any unsubstantiated gossip and rumour isn't posted on here.
Thanks.

Stubbs was spoted pole dancing with begby from train spotting

Pete
30-05-2016, 06:44 PM
Thanks.

That's fine then.

I'll keep what I heard about Van Gaal to myself.

Stokesy's on fire
30-05-2016, 06:44 PM
That's not an awful shout to be fair.

He would be great!

coldingham hibs
30-05-2016, 06:47 PM
Same can be said for the sheep manager not a club interested at all

There must be a flaw somewhere that makes this happen.

green day
30-05-2016, 06:49 PM

Championship down south is awash with money.

Only two Scottish clubs could compete, salary wise.

eastmainsmsh
30-05-2016, 06:51 PM
I'd love to see billy Davies is Stubbs does go

Finn2015
30-05-2016, 06:55 PM
Bet mourinho is kicking himself for taking the man yoo job now. To late Jose, the hibs train has left the station

keep the faith
30-05-2016, 06:56 PM
I'd love to see billy Davies is Stubbs does go

Oh good God please no!!!

Curried
30-05-2016, 06:57 PM
Anyone but that Hun McCall. He admitted himself that he didn't have a scoobie about how to take the 'well forward, and that's not the sort of defeatist attitude I want going forward for this club. We need a fresh face, not a recycled hanger-on.

BTW I think he may have been involved in that shambles of a game last night against Italy .......giving wee Gogs tactical support :-)

lapsedhibee
30-05-2016, 07:01 PM
Jim Gannon .............

...... that's one from left field. What have you heard?

high bee
30-05-2016, 07:05 PM
Anyone but that Hun McCall. He admitted himself that he didn't have a scoobie about how to take the 'well forward, and that's not the sort of defeatist attitude I want going forward for this club. We need a fresh face, not a recycled hanger-on.

BTW I think he may have been involved in that shambles of a game last night against Italy .......giving wee Gogs tactical support :-)

Wasn't that because he kept finishing 3rd with them? Surely they couldn't go much further.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
30-05-2016, 07:06 PM
Wasn't that because he kept finishing 3rd with them? Surely they couldn't go much further.

2nd, twice i believe?

bingo70
30-05-2016, 07:11 PM
Can someone tell me what the difference is between a head coach (in the mould of Stubbs) and a manager (McCall, Tommy Wright, yogi, Alex Mcleish etc)?

I think we'll go down the head coach route again but I'm not actually sure what that means?

KazaHibs
30-05-2016, 07:11 PM
Gary Neville? :greengrin

superfurryhibby
30-05-2016, 07:19 PM
Can someone tell me what the difference is between a head coach (in the mould of Stubbs) and a manager (McCall, Tommy Wright, yogi, Alex Mcleish etc)?

I think we'll go down the head coach route again but I'm not actually sure what that means?

I think young folk just make that kind of stuff up:wink:

TBH, I'm not that bothered who does the coaching per se, it's surely about the man who makes the executive decisions? The heid bummer, capo di capi, the Don, the Mr, el capi and head honcho......

In a big job like the Hibs coaches can come and go, I t's about the genius who can blend all the features needed. Who remembers who coached Man U during the Fergie era? Nuff said

Unseen work
30-05-2016, 07:21 PM
Wonder how much we would charge for letting stubbs go?

Could be the difference in getting that extra bit of quality in the squad.

No idea who I want however, no one screams out at me

Mcleish is unrealistic imo.

Probably mccall

keep the faith
30-05-2016, 07:23 PM
Wonder how much we would charge for letting stubbs go?

Could be the difference in getting that extra bit of quality in the squad.

No idea who I want however, no one screams out at me

Mcleish is unrealistic imo.

Probably mccall

I don't think it is unrealistic. I reckon mcleish will very much fancy this job.

Curried
30-05-2016, 07:24 PM

I think you've answered your own question.

Captain Trips
30-05-2016, 07:25 PM
Id go for Coyle

Sir David Gray
30-05-2016, 07:25 PM
Graham Westley?

Alex Neill?

If Steve Clarke can join Killie then why not?

Lee Clark. :wink:

stokesmessiah
30-05-2016, 07:30 PM
It is not going to be Doolan.

Thecat23
30-05-2016, 07:31 PM

Sure the manager overseas everything including training managing the players and pretty much everything.

A head coach is someone who will watch the team train with his backroom staff usually let their No.2 do a lot of the work regarding the training side of things. Really I don't think their is much of a difference to be honest.

Happy to be corrected though, just what I've seen from Hibs and other teams.

high bee
30-05-2016, 07:32 PM
I think you've answered your own question.

Well if he got us promoted then punching above our weight season after season and decided to leave cause he doesn't know how to take us any further then I'd say get him signed.

Hibs90
30-05-2016, 07:34 PM
Either way, we need someone in ASAP. We need to hit the ground running or we will yet again be facing another **** league campaign which is not healthy for the club at all.

Curried
30-05-2016, 07:38 PM
Well if he got us promoted then punching above our weight season after season and decided to leave cause he doesn't know how to take us any further then I'd say get him signed.
Fair enough, but he couldn't do it with The Sevco, and i'm pretty sure he won't be do it with lesser resources a Hibs.

Dibben
30-05-2016, 07:41 PM
Wonder if Owen Coyle would be interested?

Finn2015
30-05-2016, 07:41 PM
Either way, we need someone in ASAP. We need to hit the ground running or we will yet again be facing another **** league campaign which is not healthy for the club at all.

Agreed it has to be sorted ASAP and if Stubbs is going to go, go quickly and get the new manager in ASAP

SeanWilson
30-05-2016, 07:42 PM
Fair enough, but he couldn't do it with The Sevco, and i'm pretty sure he won't be do it with lesser resources a Hibs.

he immediately worked out how to deal with us and changed a very mediocre sevco in to contenders. He's clearly a decent coach.

Speedy
30-05-2016, 07:44 PM

Now that you mention it...Amelie Mauresmo anyone?

Hamish
Mark Venus currently technical director at Coventry.?

percy veer

Think everyone knows Nielsen is leveins puppet

SeanWilson
30-05-2016, 07:45 PM
Now that you mention it...Amelie Mauresmo anyone?

David Moyes has been mentioned since....

That was Andy's plan... give hibs millions and his coach :greengrin

Hibbyradge
30-05-2016, 07:47 PM
Me.

I've got Hibs at heart and I wouldn't be hard to deal with salary wise.

I'd even be prepared to buy a copy of Championship Manager 2016 (appropriate or what?) to make sure I was bang up to date and to help keep my decision making in line with the fans' expectations.

Come on Leeanne. You know it makes sense .

Finn2015
30-05-2016, 07:49 PM
Me.

I've got Hibs at heart and I wouldn't be hard to deal with salary wise.

I'd even be prepared to buy a copy of Championship Manager 2016 (appropriate or what?) to make sure I was bang up to date and to help keep my decision making in line with the fans' expectations.

Come on Leeanne. You know it makes sense .

Won me over. I second this

HibsNibs
30-05-2016, 07:50 PM
Billy Davies was on the radio recently & was banging on about some conspiracy against him at Notts Forest. Sounded seriously unhinged - AVOID.

GJP & McCall can both GTF as well.

KazaHibs
30-05-2016, 07:51 PM
Ian Cathro is a young upcoming coach! Could he be a head coach? Too young at 29.

Curried
30-05-2016, 07:52 PM
he immediately worked out how to deal with us and changed a very mediocre sevco in to contenders. He's clearly a decent coach.

Yes but couldn't deal with his old team in the playoffs...quality coach:-)

Treadstone
30-05-2016, 07:53 PM
Billy Davies was on the radio recently & was banging on about some conspiracy against him at Notts Forest. Sounded seriously unhinged - AVOID.

Alleged threesome with a pseudo socialist will sully a reputation.

Ringothedog
30-05-2016, 07:56 PM
Wonder if Owen Coyle would be interested?

Why ? He is a dreadful manager imo of course

Swedish hibee
30-05-2016, 07:58 PM
Is this the start of the legend team break up... God, the happy vibes didn't even last 2 weeks!!!!

No to McCall. His comments after that penalty against Falkirk said all I need to know.

murray26
30-05-2016, 07:59 PM
Can we just rule out Davies McCall calderwood and yogi now.. No going to happen thankfully.. Leeanne will come good I believe..

nellio
30-05-2016, 08:02 PM
Lennon would be my choice. Neil obviously not Danny!

Someone mentioned Malky McKay, he was outstanding at Cardiff. Had players absolutely running through brick walls for each other. Best team atmosphere I've ever witnessed.

If you can look past the whole text message problem then in my opinion he would be excellent. Did have a lot of Monet to spend at CArdiff though so my only concern would be that he wouldn't get much by way of funds here.

Heisenberg
30-05-2016, 08:03 PM
Why are so many against McCall? He seems an obvious candidate to me. Very good record in the game. Key part of the Scotland set up. Will get us playing with pace and width.

Diclonius
30-05-2016, 08:05 PM
Why are so many against McCall? He seems an obvious candidate to me. Very good record in the game. Key part of the Scotland set up. Will get us playing with pace and width.

Yup, McCall for me.

JeMeSouviens
30-05-2016, 08:07 PM
Lennon would be my choice. Neil obviously not Danny!

Someone mentioned Malky McKay, he was outstanding at Cardiff. Had players absolutely running through brick walls for each other. Best team atmosphere I've ever witnessed.

If you can look past the whole text message problem then in my opinion he would be excellent. Did have a lot of Monet to spend at CArdiff though so my only concern would be that he wouldn't get much by way of funds here.

You want us to look past the fact he's a racist ****? Ok then ... :rolleyes:

murray26

McCall has already stated his distaste for our club.. Last weekends events would hardly have changed that.. No for me..

hibsbollah
Boozy. No logic. Just because he's Boozy.

McCall gets some extra kudos because of the whole falling off the car roof thing.

JeMeSouviens
30-05-2016, 08:08 PM

Would McCall even come to Hibs in the championship? And then there's that mullet ...

nellio
30-05-2016, 08:10 PM
You want us to look past the fact he's a racist ****? Ok then ... :rolleyes:

Well that's what I meant really. Some folk seem to think he was hard done by but his actions were unacceptable in my opinion. In this day and age he shouldn't be using that sort of terminology simple as that.

cleanyman
30-05-2016, 08:14 PM
Hibs should be looking at Tommy Wright

Pretty Boy
30-05-2016, 08:14 PM
Scott Gemmill would be my shout. I remember reading about him when he was mentioned pre Stubbs getting the job and quite liking what I read. Would fit with the way we operate now as well.

From a different angle I wouldn't mind giving Danny Lennon a shot based on his time at St Mirren. Looking at their issues since he left shows he done a better job than given credit for and won a trophy.

Both are risks of course but so is any appointment at our level.

Heisenberg
30-05-2016, 08:16 PM
He's mince and it would show another jobs for the boys appointment.
why are so many in favour of him, he has been out of the league set up because nobody wants him.

this is why we need leadership in appointing a manager who has all the experience and attributes to get us promoted.
Hopefully we won't need one.

He had Motherwell punching well above their weight and managed to turn an absolutely shambolic Sevco team around at short notice defeating us in the playoffs. No reason why he shouldn't be considered and given a shot.

Billy Whizz
30-05-2016, 08:17 PM
Scott Gemmill would be my shout. I remember reading about him when he was mentioned pre Stubbs getting the job and quite liking what I read. Would fit with the way we operate now as well.

From a different angle I wouldn't mind giving Danny Lennon a shot based on his time at St Mirren. Looking at their issues since he left shows he done a better job than given credit for and won a trophy.

Both are risks of course but so is any appointment at our level.

Gemmill is a good shout, but worry that someone who hasn't coached a league team could get a job like Hibs. Booth was in in a similar position and found it hard at Stenhousemuir
Danny Lennon is an interesting person, got his teams playing good football, has Hibs connections, but would be a risky appt, when we need to sell season tickets

KWJ
30-05-2016, 08:21 PM

AFAIK a manager is in full control of the football side of the club as in transfers, training and picking the team.

A head coach doesn't necessarily have final say in all matters and is primarily focussed on training and selecting the first team.

George Craig is head of our football operations and will be as involved as Leeann, if not more, on selecting the next manager. Is Graeme Mathie still there too or did Craig take over from him?

Billy Whizz
30-05-2016, 08:22 PM
AFAIK a manager is in full control of the football side of the club as in transfers, training and picking the team.

A head coach doesn't necessarily have final say in all matters and is primarily focussed on training and selecting the first team.

George Craig is head of our football operations and will be as involved as Leeann, if not more, on selecting the next manager. Is Graeme Mathie still there too or did Craig take over from him?

Craig is Mathie's boss

Carheenlea
30-05-2016, 08:25 PM
Whoever the new man is to be should Stubbs accept the Rotherham post, the appointment absolutely has to be the correct one as next season there really is no margin of error whatsoever regarding promotion. Failure to do that would see our club in a pretty desperate state of affairs.
The new managers remit is a simple one - promotion. Fail to do that and his regime will be a short one. Needs to be someone who can handle such pressure, and someone who can find a way of breaking down sturdy defences where Alan Stubbs would often struggle. If he can play in an entertaining fashion, then even all the better. Don't feel disappointment as there was always a good chance of this happening, but after last weekends memorable events, the feeling is simply deflation.

KWJ
30-05-2016, 08:29 PM
Craig is Mathie's boss

Gotcha. So is Mathie like a chief scout that reports to Craig while Stubbs and head of youth also reports to Craig?

Head of Football Operations is his title yeah, effectively Director of Football.

It's funny how a guy that we know so little about and tend to overlook, as opposed to Stubbs or Dempster, has such a crucial role at the club.

Hibby Bairn
30-05-2016, 08:30 PM
Was it Dempster who appointed McCall at Motherwell?

Heisenberg
30-05-2016, 08:31 PM
Was it Dempster who appointed McCall at Motherwell?

Don't think so. Kenny Millar at the Sun reckons he's not being considered FWIW.

LustForLeith
30-05-2016, 08:34 PM
Ian Cathro anyone?

.Sean.
30-05-2016, 08:35 PM
Boozy is an interesting shout

bingo70
30-05-2016, 08:38 PM
Boozy is an interesting shout

I think he'd need to have experience coaching at a higher level or managing on his own right at a lower level.

I'd love it if he was involved in the new set up though!

SteveHFC
30-05-2016, 08:40 PM
Ian Cathro anyone?

Could get McLeish back in DOF role with Cathro as head coach.

bigwheel
30-05-2016, 08:41 PM
Could get McLeish back in DOF role with Cathro as head coach.

We have a DOF - George Craig.... can't see that happening...

greenlex
30-05-2016, 08:43 PM
Houston?

B.H.F.C
30-05-2016, 08:44 PM
I think he'd need to have experience coaching at a higher level or managing on his own right at a lower level.

Assistant manager at a premiership team for the last year and a half. Coached in our division before as well.

Would be a gamble but if we don't go down the experience route he's maybe the type that would interest us with what we have in place.

HoboHarry
30-05-2016, 08:44 PM
Houston?
Go s**t in your hat......

greenlex
30-05-2016, 08:46 PM
Go s**t in your hat......:greengrin

heretoday
30-05-2016, 08:48 PM
Michael O'Neill - come back to Easter Road!

Alfred E Newman
30-05-2016, 08:49 PM
If he goes, we can't afford to gamble on another inexperienced guy. We need someone with the know how to get us out of this league even if it costs.

pontius pilate
30-05-2016, 08:49 PM
Big Duncan Ferguson or Paul dickov

Just thought is throw they two names in here as well

Bostonhibby
30-05-2016, 08:53 PM
Houston?

We allegedly do have a catering problem right enough but I am not sure if he can be trusted to heat up pies and Pizza slices at the same time. One dimensional character.

If he turned up in any paid role at Easter Road I'd need to think seriously about where my money is going.

Greenworld
30-05-2016, 08:53 PM
Maybe a bit soon for him straight away? Perhaps become assistant to the new coach since I'm assuming JD and AH will be off with Stubbs if he goes
Too soon stubbs was only a youth coach no real experience was a massive gamble

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

KWJ
30-05-2016, 08:54 PM
If he goes, we can't afford to gamble on another inexperienced guy. We need someone with the know how to get us out of this league even if it costs.

Whoever it is would be a gamble.

Arguably McLeish would be an even bigger gamble as he's unproven without cash and hasn't done anything since he was at Birmingham, who he relegated.

If we throw even more cash at someone to bring them in and it doesn't work out then we are in some serious soapy bubble.

keep the faith
30-05-2016, 08:54 PM
Big Duncan Ferguson or Paul dickov

Just thought is throw they two names in here as well

Ferguson is a good shout. Highly rated at Everton and fits our model. Don't think he wants anything to do with Scotland anymore though.

1875Sean
30-05-2016, 08:55 PM
Id go for Coyle

Isn't he managing in the states? May not want to leave for the championship

Brightside
30-05-2016, 08:55 PM
I'd love to get Big Dunc in. They rave about him down south.

Scooter
30-05-2016, 08:56 PM
I'd love to get Big Dunc in. They rave about him down south.

If that's the case maybe Stubbs will give him a good reference

heretoday
30-05-2016, 08:57 PM
Pellegrini has just had a break in Scotland. Loves the place.

I'm just saying. :wink:

eastmainsmsh
30-05-2016, 08:57 PM
I said Billy Davies but I think yogi is a cert lol

Greenworld
30-05-2016, 08:58 PM
Hibs should be looking at Tommy Wright
Correct choice

Don't think so. Kenny Millar at the Sun reckons he's not being considered FWIW.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Purehibee_MYB
30-05-2016, 08:58 PM

He just quit at Houston Dynamo because he was too far from his family in the U.K.

KWJ
30-05-2016, 09:00 PM

Got the heave ho from Houston Dynamo.

Another that, for me, is regressing and hasn't done anything for a long time.

I like the idea of someone young but who the players would respect in name and presence. Coaching qualifications and some kind of experience are a must along with the desire to play attacking/possession football.

If Latapy can do the respect then I'm still excited at that prospect. But there must be others out there who pass the filters.

Hell, ambitious but someone like Gary/Phill Neville.

Gary Naysmith, Graeme Alexander and even Paul Hartley kinda fit the mould too as ex Scottish guys.

Alan Stubbs fits the bill, what's he up to?

McIntosh
30-05-2016, 09:07 PM
Owen Coyle........family live down south and by all account he want to be with them
Alex McLeish.......Appetite for the job?
John Hughes.......Possibly
Jackie McNamara...another possible
Paul Lambert.........would we be right for him
Steve Clark...........would we keep him for even two years
Billy Davies............difficult yo work with by all accounts
Stuart McCall........favourite for the gig

KWJ
30-05-2016, 09:10 PM
Owen Coyle........family live down south and by all account he want to be with them
Alex McLeish.......Appetite for the job?
John Hughes.......Possibly
Jackie McNamara...another possible
Paul Lambert.........would we be right for him
Steve Clark...........would we keep him for even two years
Billy Davies............difficult yo work with by all accounts
Stuart McCall........favourite for the gig

All of them would be disappointing IMO.

Would begrudgingly accept Lambert.

Another name to throw in the hat - ROB JONES.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
30-05-2016, 09:13 PM

I love Boozy. Proper football man.

Dibben
30-05-2016, 09:14 PM
Few folk have mentioned Alex Neil if he was available. Would be a good shout!