PDA

View Full Version : Next hibs manager

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

My_Wife_Camille
01-06-2016, 01:09 PM
Certainly sounds the part - http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/unknown-swansea-city-coach-who-10669513
On the PM board too:agree:

bingo70
01-06-2016, 01:10 PM
Certainly sounds the part - http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/unknown-swansea-city-coach-who-10669513

Not sure he would be seen as a head coach though, certainly someone you want in your set up but not much experience as an actual coach, more of an organiser, or helper of coaches if that makes sense.

CapitalGreen
01-06-2016, 01:15 PM
Got a text from a mate that plays for Swansea (dont ask who he could get in trouble), there coach Dave Adams really popular with a lot of the players especially the younger lads has texted a few of them suggesting hes about to make a big move and finished it with that wee (NG) green and white flag. Screenshot was sent to me could be on his way up, interesting as would fit the Alan Stubbs "promising coach" type mould. Dont shoot the messenger just passing on info!

Possibly joining up with Rodgers at Celtic?

Unlikely to be telling folk he was away before we have even concluded interviews.

Vault Boy
01-06-2016, 01:17 PM

Unlikely to be telling folk he was away before we have even concluded interviews.

That's a good point!

Scorrie
01-06-2016, 01:17 PM

He would have worked with Rodgers before when at Swansea wouldn't he?

The_Horde
01-06-2016, 01:24 PM
He would have worked with Rodgers before when at Swansea wouldn't he?

Don't think so, he's only been there a few years as far as i can see?

HappyHanlon
01-06-2016, 01:26 PM
One of my clients based down in Rhyl reckons Dean Saunders would be a perfect fit for us. Plays a standard of football similar to what Stubbs had us playing.

QMU-1875
01-06-2016, 01:27 PM
Nope he wasnt at Swansea when Rodgers was there.

Hibbyboy
01-06-2016, 01:33 PM
Just another quick update, anyone thinking that Yogi and McCall were interviewed today, they've been nowhere to be seen in here. The only other person that looks like they have been spoken to other than Gemmill is someone I have no recognition of whatsoever. As I say, I could be making assumptions out of nothing. Gemmill certainly seems to have been spoken to today.

HappyHanlon
01-06-2016, 01:34 PM
Just another quick update, anyone thinking that Yogi and McCall were interviewed today, they've been nowhere to be seen in here. The only other person that looks like they have been spoken to other than Gemmill is someone I have no recognition of whatsoever. As I say, I could be making assumptions out of nothing. Gemmill certainly seems to have been spoken to today.

Which bookie do you work for?

Thecat23
01-06-2016, 01:35 PM

McCall is with the Scotland team and Yogi defo hasn't been interviewed.

Hibbyboy
01-06-2016, 01:41 PM
Which bookie do you work for?

I don't work for them, but unfortunately I have give them far too much of my money.

Maybe I'm Scott Gemmill :greengrin

jst1875
01-06-2016, 01:46 PM

did you see this guy hanging about ?

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/unknown-swansea-city-coach-who-10669513

Brightside
01-06-2016, 01:47 PM
McCall is with the Scotland team and Yogi defo hasn't been interviewed.

Yogi has been spoken to. I don't think it will go much further.

GloryGlory
01-06-2016, 01:48 PM

Don't you have any work to do, other than standing around looking at the comings and goings in a conference room?

Moulin Yarns
01-06-2016, 01:52 PM

I've told you before, Yogi , stop phoning us!!

Hibbyboy
01-06-2016, 01:53 PM
did you see this guy hanging about ?

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/unknown-swansea-city-coach-who-10669513

Not him mate, as I say, no idea who he was.

TonyStokeprano
01-06-2016, 01:54 PM
Don't you have any work to do, other than standing around looking at the comings and goings in a conference room?

Maybe he sets up conference rooms and is at reception welcoming guests lol

Hibbyboy
01-06-2016, 01:54 PM

You make a good point, as I've been told to put my phone away at least 5 times today! Probably best I do that now.

Hibbyboy
01-06-2016, 01:55 PM
Maybe he sets up conference rooms and is at reception welcoming guests lol

One part of what you say is completely spot on!

Thecat23
01-06-2016, 01:55 PM

When did this happen? Because a family member said nothing from Hibs as of yet.

dp00
01-06-2016, 01:56 PM
Some names on here I ain't seen mentioned before... Anyone know anything about Aaron Moffat ??

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160601/3fa74da58a87a3fb1717ad1db9bad73b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dombie
01-06-2016, 01:57 PM

Was it security telling him to stop hanging around the gates and that Leeann doesn't want to talk to him?

.Sean.
01-06-2016, 01:59 PM
Boozy genuinely excites me

Thecat23
01-06-2016, 02:00 PM

Putting that aside, how you feel about him being manager?? 😁

Alfred E Newman
01-06-2016, 02:05 PM

If that's what turns you on go for it. :greengrin

Brightside
01-06-2016, 02:08 PM
When did this happen? Because a family member said nothing from Hibs as of yet.

your inbox is full.

Thecat23
01-06-2016, 02:11 PM
your inbox is full.

Sorted now 👍🏼

Liam978
01-06-2016, 02:38 PM
I would take yogi in a heartbeat he would win us this league! but it's not going to happen him and petrie cant stand the sight of each other!
A true Hibby who most would like to see shining on Leith sadly I don't think his true talents and compassion are appreciated.

FitbaFolkKen
01-06-2016, 02:42 PM
A true Hibby who most would like to see shining on Leith sadly I don't think his true talents and compassion are appreciated.

Maybe so, I would prefer someone new at the helm rather than going back.

pacoluna
01-06-2016, 02:49 PM
Maybe so, I would prefer someone new at the helm rather than going back.

He is in a better position now to manage HIbs than he was before, more experience and success, the fact that we are in the chship I would gladly welcome him back. Absolutely no doubts he would get Hibs back to the spl!

Waxy
01-06-2016, 02:58 PM
Out of all the previous managers, Yogi i would be happy with.

Bishop Hibee
01-06-2016, 03:00 PM
I'd be unhappy if it is Yogi. One close season all he signed was Michael Hart and Edwin de Graaf.

Gmack7
01-06-2016, 03:01 PM
Gary Holt is good shout

Paloschi
01-06-2016, 03:06 PM
Cannot believe people want Yogi back.

He had a 35.19% win ratio at Hibs. Almost the same as Pat Fenlon who had a 35.63% working with a worse squad (source Wiki - could be wrong)

Hughes transfers included, as others have mentioned, De Graaf, Hart, Duffy, Trakys and Gow. 5 Completely useless tosspots!

As i said on another thread the 6-6 game summed up his tenure. Started well then a massive downward spiral that started the modern decline of our football club.

I hold him very responsible for where we are as much as I do of Calderwood, Fenlon and Butcher.

Michael
01-06-2016, 03:06 PM
Why would anyone want Yogi back? As much as I like Yogi, we were absolutely dire from January 2010 onwards under him. He's done well at certain clubs, but he's not a good fit for Hibs.

pacoluna
01-06-2016, 03:09 PM
Gary Holt is good shout

I personally want someone who will stick at Hibernian for a while - He left falkirk after one year.

Sean1875
01-06-2016, 03:10 PM
Why would anyone want Yogi back? As much as I like Yogi, we were absolutely dire from January 2010 onwards under him. He's done well at certain clubs, but he's not a good fit for Hibs.

agreed, wouldn't excite me at all. Gemmill or this man Adams both sound like great fits however. definitely in the Stubbs mould.

GloryGlory
01-06-2016, 03:10 PM
Cannot believe people want Yogi back.

He had a 35.19% win ratio at Hibs. Almost the same as Pat Fenlon who had a 35.63% working with a worse squad (source Wiki - could be wrong)

Hughes transfers included, as others have mentioned, De Graaf, Hart, Duffy, Trakys and Gow. 5 Completely useless tosspots!

As i said on another thread the 6-6 game summed up his tenure. Started well then a massive downward spiral that started the modern decline of our football club.

I hold him very responsible for where we are as much as I do of Calderwood, Fenlon and Butcher.

They always speak very highly of you. :greengrin :cb

pacoluna
01-06-2016, 03:12 PM
agreed, wouldn't excite me at all. Gemmill or this man Adams both sound like great fits however. definitely in the Stubbs mould.

What to use hibs as a stepping stone?

The chship doesn't excite me, stubbs failed to get us out of it 2 years running why would we want someone in " the same mould"

Sean1875
01-06-2016, 03:14 PM

if it's going to get us back into a good position in Scottish football then yes I would take that. Realistically whenever a team in Scotland does well outside the OF their manager is going to be headhunted and away no matter what, sad reality.

edit: because someone in the same mould would be a young, exciting, hungry manager who has us playing good football and the players enjoy playing under. can you remember a time between Mowbray and Stubbs where the players had such passion and desire and truly loved playing for Hibernian FC? I can't. and that's largely down to Stubbs.

FitbaFolkKen
01-06-2016, 03:18 PM
He is in a better position now to manage HIbs than he was before, more experience and success, the fact that we are in the chship I would gladly welcome him back. Absolutely no doubts he would get Hibs back to the spl!

Didn't enjoy Yogis first tenure so I can't imagine I would enjoy his second.

GloryGlory
01-06-2016, 03:22 PM

The chship doesn't excite me, stubbs failed to get us out of it 2 years running why would we want someone in " the same mould"

I'd rather have a young, ambitious, progressive manager for a couple of seasons if that meant success and good football than a time-server any day of the week.

Thecat23
01-06-2016, 03:26 PM

Because that's the future of the game. Guys like Yogi etc are a dying breed. Look at the bigger picture here.. Stubbs first season in he had the biggest rebuilding job any Hibs manager had faced in god knows how long! Moral was at its lowest and the club had dropped out the league. We were NEVER winning it that season.

Second season he takes us to 2 cup finals and wins the most important one. We should also have beaten RC that day! Yes we failed to get up due to a last min goal from a team who got lucky. But believe me you honestly think if the players hadn't played all those games we wouldn't go up? I'm convinced Hibs would have won the play offs if we had been bumped out those cups early rounds.

So again you ask why we want someone in that mould? Glad Leeann is in charge and not you. She sees a bigger picture and that's why Stubbs will do well down south and Yogi will float about the Killie, St. Mirren type jobs.

Brightside
01-06-2016, 03:27 PM
Hibs are a stepping stone. Anyone thinking otherwise hasn't been keeping an eye on scottish football over the last 20 years. We are probably just above the Welsh league now.

pacoluna
01-06-2016, 03:28 PM
if it's going to get us back into a good position in Scottish football then yes I would take that. Realistically whenever a team in Scotland does well outside the OF their manager is going to be headhunted and away no matter what, sad reality.

edit: because someone in the same mould would be a young, exciting, hungry manager who has us playing good football and the players enjoy playing under. can you remember a time between Mowbray and Stubbs where the players had such passion and desire and truly loved playing for Hibernian FC? I can't. and that's largely down to Stubbs.

Tony mowbray had the blessing of having a group of youngsters that where the next best thing to the famous 5

Allan stubbs did make some good signings and won us the holy grail however failed to meet his objective and jumped at first opportunity to move- Still has a lot to prove/learn in my opinion - one bad season at rotherham and steve evans will be back.

Leeann dempster is the best thing to have happened to hibs within the past 5 years however its crucial she appoints a manager that has the credentials to get us out this league asap - not just stick to a particular criteria that stubbsy fitted.

Thecat23
01-06-2016, 03:29 PM
Hibs are a stepping stone. Anyone thinking otherwise hasn't been keeping an eye on scottish football over the last 20 years. We are probably just above the Welsh league now.

Spot on, i'd much rather we got someone using us as a stepping stone than a manager who's no ambition and happy to prob along.

Ozyhibby
01-06-2016, 03:29 PM

Hope they are not in the Stubbs mould. We need someone who can get us promoted.

Thecat23
01-06-2016, 03:31 PM

Someone in the Stubbs mould could get us promoted.

The_Horde
01-06-2016, 03:33 PM

Hope they're not in the only hibs manager in 114 years Scottish Cup winning mould. Can't be having none of that.

Loopz
01-06-2016, 03:34 PM
Does everyone have someone at work that seems to know everything work related, we do.
This guy told me today,
He was speaking with a contractor,
The contractors best friend is Stefan Scougall,
SS has received a phone call,
From Yogi asking if he wants to join him at Hibs :greengrin

Thecat23
01-06-2016, 03:34 PM
Hope they're not in the only hibs manager in 114 years Scottish Cup winning mould. Can't be having none of that.

Boooom... Walks away after a mic drop 😁👍🏼

KWJ
01-06-2016, 03:37 PM
I'd rather have a young, ambitious, progressive manager for a couple of seasons if that meant success and good football than a time-server any day of the week.

Exactly.

'Guys who know how to get out of this division' are

Terry Butcher
Ian McCall
Derek Adams
Mark Warburton
Alex Neil (where was his experience?)
Robbie Nielsen (as above)
Jackie McNamara (as above)
Jim McIntyre (as above)
Derek McInnes (as above)
Paul Hartley (came from Alloa)

So from that list do you reckon those that already had experience are the more attractive propositions or those who were given a chance to start their managerial careers?

To say a new manager has less chance than an experienced one at winning the league is simply incorrect.

Stubbs, Warburton and Nielsen were all new to managing in Scotland and have all had success. Peter Houston is the alternative!

Sean1875
01-06-2016, 03:40 PM
Tony mowbray had the blessing of having a group of youngsters that where the next best thing to the famous 5

Allan stubbs did make some good signings and won us the holy grail however failed to meet his objective and jumped at first opportunity to move- Still has a lot to prove/learn in my opinion - one bad season at rotherham and steve evans will be back.

Leeann dempster is the best thing to have happened to hibs within the past 5 years however its crucial she appoints a manager that has the credentials to get us out this league asap - not just stick to particular criteria that stubbsy fitted.

Agreed Mowbray did have an extremely fortunate group of players but he still got them playing great football and got them showing a real passion for the club, you can have all the talent in the world but if you've not got the right man leading them and making them gel it's useless.

Granted he failed to get us promoted but I think (as previously mentioned) that's largely due to (ironically) our success in the cup runs which eventually took its toll on our players. we go out in the earlier rounds like Falkirk and we walk 2nd place and I believe the play offs too. just my opinion though.

I just feel there is no benefit in hiring back a manager who we have already sacked, just as much a risk in my opinion.

biotech
01-06-2016, 03:40 PM
I'd go for a young manager, with coaching experience, who brings fresh ideas and energy to the job (e.g. Stubbs). This seems to suit Hibs style of football and would build on the work done by Stubbs.

pacoluna
01-06-2016, 03:41 PM
Exactly.

Terry Butcher
Ian McCall
Derek Adams
Mark Warburton
Jim McIntyre (as above)
Derek McInnes (as above)

So from that list do you reckon those that already had experience are the more attractive propositions or those who were given a chance to start their managerial careers?

To say a new manager has less chance than an experienced one at winning the league is simply incorrect.

Stubbs, Warburton and Nielsen were all new to managing in Scotland and have all had success. Peter Houston is the alternative!

If we are going to give it to a young coach give it to boozy, He has feelings for the club and wont jump at the first opportunity.

jacomo
01-06-2016, 03:45 PM

Petrie appointed Yogi as manager. They managed to get on well enough then, I don't think this is an issue.

But Yogi himself crumbled under the expectations of the job. His final couple of months in particular were awful.

He's a more experienced manager now. His achievements at ICT were impressive. But I'm far from convinced we should go back.

The_Horde
01-06-2016, 03:48 PM
Exactly.

Terry Butcher
Ian McCall
Derek Adams
Mark Warburton
Jim McIntyre (as above)
Derek McInnes (as above)

None of these guys have experienced attempting to win this league as it is now. A lot more competitive than it was before.

Stevie Reid
01-06-2016, 03:51 PM
Exactly.

Terry Butcher
Ian McCall
Derek Adams
Mark Warburton
Jim McIntyre (as above)
Derek McInnes (as above)

Forgive my pedantry, but it was Alan Archibald that got Partick Thistle promoted after McNamara left. Doesn't affect the point you're making in any way though.

Andy74
01-06-2016, 03:51 PM

Ach, we've been there and done that.

Next job is to get up and we don't need a cup team or a team that will beat SPL teams now, we need a team to get promoted.

Brooster
01-06-2016, 03:53 PM
Out of all the previous managers, Yogi i would be happy with.

Were you at any of the Hibs v ICT cup ties earlier in the year?

The_Horde
01-06-2016, 03:56 PM
Ach, we've been there and done that.

Next job is to get up and we don't need a cup team or a team that will beat SPL teams now, we need a team to get promoted.

And they can't be one and the same?

Andy74
01-06-2016, 04:00 PM
And they can't be one and the same?

It's a fair point and recent experience would say not really, it is a different kettle of fish playing open football against teams that are wiling to attack back and playing against teams that sit in.

The diamond or the 352 but using defenders as wing backs isn't what has worked in this league often enough.

Pace, power and width works well - you can do that in addition to playing passing football. I'm not sure that is ever going to be Stubbs' game so I think that's where some are saying that someone not in the Stubbs mould is what we need for this point in time.

The_Horde
01-06-2016, 04:02 PM
It's a fair point and recent experience would say not really, it is a different kettle of fish playing open football against teams that are wiling to attack back and playing against teams that sit in.

The diamond or the 352 but using defenders as wing backs isn't what has worked in this league often enough.

Pace, power and width works well - you can do that in addition to playing passing football. I'm not sure that is ever going to be Stubbs' game so I think that's where some are saying that someone not in the Stubbs mould is what we need for this point in time.

I'd like to see someone like Stubbs but with more of a gung-ho attitude, so i kind of agree.

Walter
01-06-2016, 04:17 PM
Ole Gunnar Solsjear

madhatter
01-06-2016, 04:21 PM
When will Stubbsy finally be shown the door? He wants to go and agreed 3 year contract...get best compensation and get the club moving forward. Already feels like this and the recruitment of new head coach will be a long drawn out process...

KWJ
01-06-2016, 04:21 PM
Forgive my pedantry, but it was Alan Archibald that got Partick Thistle promoted after McNamara left. Doesn't affect the point you're making in any way though.

Thanks Stevie, I'd say it actually enforces it as I'd far rather have Archibald than McNamara although I'd would be disappointed with both.

None of these guys have experienced attempting to win this league as it is now. A lot more competitive than it was before.

I'd say the standard has gone up since we joined but it's never lacked for competitiveness.

At it's highest standard it was Robbie bloody Nielson that pissed it in his first season as a head coach.

Hibeesmad
01-06-2016, 04:23 PM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/7187952/span-classredB-EXCLUSIVEBspan-Neil-Lennon-open-to-Hibs-offer-as-they-hunt-Alan-Stubbs-replacement.html

hibbytam
01-06-2016, 04:23 PM
When will Stubbsy finally be shown the door? He wants to go and agreed 3 year contract...get best compensation and get the club moving forward. Already feels like this and the recruitment of new head coach will be a long drawn out process...

Don't you think the club will be actively recruiting a manager, and will have been doing so for atleast a week, if not longer?

madhatter
01-06-2016, 04:24 PM
Don't you think the club will be actively recruiting a manager, and will have been doing so for atleast a week, if not longer?

I hope so but I'm not sure if it looks that way at the moment...

Walter
01-06-2016, 04:26 PM
I hope so but I'm not sure if it looks that way at the moment...

What do you need to believe that they are? They can't really announce anything when no ink has dried on any contracts

The_Horde
01-06-2016, 04:28 PM
What's Holloway up to these days?

madhatter
01-06-2016, 04:29 PM
What do you need to believe that they are? They can't really announce anything when no ink has dried on any contracts

True but club must have known Stubbs wanted to go when Rotherham initially got in touch and he asked to speak to them? I think compensation could have been initially spoken about then as I think it was clear Stubbs was going after the cup final...If compensation and his exit isn't confirmed today then I question how nobody at the club saw this coming and planned ahead?

Walter
01-06-2016, 04:31 PM
True but club must have known Stubbs wanted to go when Rotherham initially got in touch and he asked to speak to them? I think compensation could have been initially spoken about then as I think it was clear Stubbs was going after the cup final...If compensation and his exit isn't confirmed today then I question how nobody at the club saw this coming and planned ahead?

How do you know that they didn't? The fact that they are allegedly interviewing people today would suggest that perhaps they did, but if they approached anyone whilst Stubbs was under contract, he could no doubt perform some legal manoeuvre to do the club out of compo

Vault Boy
01-06-2016, 04:32 PM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/7187952/span-classredB-EXCLUSIVEBspan-Neil-Lennon-open-to-Hibs-offer-as-they-hunt-Alan-Stubbs-replacement.html

I'd had mixed feelings about Lennon, but to be honest the prospects excites me. Great contacts in the game, successful manager with a real pulling effect and must have a list of potential signings from all over the world the size of his arm. Sign me up.

madhatter
01-06-2016, 04:35 PM
How do you know that they didn't? The fact that they are allegedly interviewing people today would suggest that perhaps they did, but if they approached anyone whilst Stubbs was under contract, he could no doubt perform some legal manoeuvre to do the club out of compo

How does it take this long to sort out compensation if we were prepared for this? Club would be perfectly within their right to begin talking to suitors as soon as Stubbs indicated he wanted to leave which I'm assuming happened after cup win...this is just the official "see ya, I'm leaving".

CropleyWasGod
01-06-2016, 04:36 PM

It is confirmed.

http://www.themillers.co.uk/news/article/alan-stubbs-john-doolan-3132268.aspx

Billy Whizz
01-06-2016, 04:37 PM
It is confirmed.

No sign of Taff

madhatter
01-06-2016, 04:38 PM
It is confirmed.

Says resigned on that. Hibs should have made the statement as well by now if they haven't!

blackpoolhibs
01-06-2016, 04:40 PM
Spot on, i'd much rather we got someone using us as a stepping stone than a manager who's no ambition and happy to prob along.

Who are these managers that have no ambition? :confused:

hibs#1
01-06-2016, 04:43 PM
No sign of Taff

Just about to post this could be nothing or maybe staying on to give a bit of continuity(sp?)

FitbaFolkKen
01-06-2016, 04:43 PM
May have been Doolan holding it up, shame both gone :(

Thanks for the memories, we go again!

blackpoolhibs
01-06-2016, 04:47 PM
What's Holloway up to these days?

Its closing soon, they are moving the inmates out as we speak.

dp00
01-06-2016, 04:51 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160601/945e5b3386458e76e3bce7841940ffe5.jpg

Current odds

jacomo
01-06-2016, 04:54 PM
No sign of Taff

Weird, that.

70KevinHFC62
01-06-2016, 04:56 PM

I am warming to this idea more and more. Great connections, desire to win. Also Rodgers is going to get a bucket load to spend so might have a chance of stokes and or Henderson again?

Hibby Kay-Yay
01-06-2016, 05:00 PM
I am warming to this idea more and more. Great connections, desire to win. Also Rodgers is going to get a bucket load to spend so might have a chance of stokes and or Henderson again?

To me that article is a load of pish. It states Houston as a strong contender for example...:rolleyes:

madhatter
Weird, that.

That combined with no announcement from Hibs and "resigned" being used at Rotherham announcement with no thanks to Hibs for allowing them to talk to Stubbs...

Hopefully just coincidences but Taff won't be staying I think unless he loves it here. They'll sign partnership and follow it up with Taff I think.

3pm
Now Stubbs has had a look around Rotherham and he realises it's a dump, Leanne might as well call up and ask for permission to speak to him. £85 compensation.

He'll be back the morn.

hibees 7062
01-06-2016, 05:03 PM

Or Leigh :hyper

Lee Marvin
01-06-2016, 05:08 PM
If lennon is a realistic replacement I'd be very happy with him tbh. Credentials are higher than I think we can attract however.

ShinyFantastic
01-06-2016, 05:10 PM
I am also warming to the idea of Neil Lennon. Can't see it though.

The Green Goblin
01-06-2016, 05:10 PM

Have you seen Leeann Dempster or anyone else who works for Hibs? :cb

the_ginger_hibee
01-06-2016, 05:12 PM
Will be someone in mould of Stubbs as that's what the board feel works best, young with potential - Gemmil, Cathro or Moffat most likely as per the odds.

CRAZYHIBBY
01-06-2016, 05:15 PM
Dont want lennon...i don't consider his time at celtic as an achievement. ...i could win the league with celtic and their money.....I'd rather go for experience like jimmy calderwood or jim jeffries

Captain Trips
01-06-2016, 05:15 PM
Will be someone in mould of Stubbs as that's what the board feel works best, young with potential - Gemmil, Cathro or Moffat most likely as per the odds.

We failed to reach the playoffs final twice with this "mould". I think it is time this season to have a wore the t shirt manager, then the onus shifts to the manager ie Coyle or Neil Lennon type. If a Gemmil or Cathro fail the board have nowhere to go.

HibeesLittleHel
01-06-2016, 05:16 PM
Dont want lennon...i don't consider his time at celtic as an achievement. ...i could win the league with celtic and their money.....I'd rather go for experience like jimmy calderwood or jim jeffries

Jeezo! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

SeanWilson
01-06-2016, 05:17 PM

I'd rather resurrect Jimmy Saville

weonlywon6-2
01-06-2016, 05:18 PM

Did you really say Jim Jeffries😂😂😂😂

dp00
01-06-2016, 05:18 PM

It will be an outsider we never expected so could be

Ryan69
01-06-2016, 05:19 PM
i work with Clarence Seedorfs cousin....Ill ask him if Clarence fancies the job 😂

Jim44
01-06-2016, 05:21 PM

I read the start of the post and thought, I'm with you!! Then I read the last sentence ...... :shocked::shocked::shocked:

Time For Heroes
01-06-2016, 05:21 PM

living up to your name

CRAZYHIBBY
01-06-2016, 05:23 PM
I read the start of the post and thought, I'm with you!! Then I read the last sentence ...... :shocked::shocked::shocked:

Hee hee

Vault Boy
01-06-2016, 05:24 PM
i work with Clarence Seedorfs cousin....Ill ask him if Clarence fancies the job 

Stuff that, ask if he fancies cleaning off his boots and playing against Dumbarton! :wink:

SteveHFC
01-06-2016, 05:26 PM
Lennon would be a great appointment.

FifeHibs
01-06-2016, 05:27 PM
I agree Danny was a good wee player be good to have him back as manager ;)

Ricky Bobby
01-06-2016, 05:27 PM
Ray McKinnon :devil:

ManBearPig
01-06-2016, 05:29 PM
If anyone thinks that calderwood or Jeffries should get job needs to be drug tested or psychologically tested immediately

70KevinHFC62
01-06-2016, 05:31 PM
Or Leigh :hyper

Let's not be greedt

Mathias Jack
01-06-2016, 05:32 PM
That combined with no announcement from Hibs and "resigned" being used at Rotherham announcement with no thanks to Hibs for allowing them to talk to Stubbs...

Hopefully just coincidences but Taff won't be staying I think unless he loves it here. They'll sign partnership and follow it up with Taff I think.

Anyone in the know how 'resigned' being used affects any compo we'll get for the pair of them? I was always in the understanding that meant the departing team got nought. Muchos gracias in advance!

Thecat23
01-06-2016, 05:35 PM
Anyone in the know how 'resigned' being used affects any compo we'll get for the pair of them? I was always in the understanding that meant the departing team got nought. Muchos gracias in advance!

Because Hibs allowed Rotherham to speak to him they are due us compo no matter what. He still had a year left!

KWJ
01-06-2016, 05:38 PM

What about getting to the last 16 of the Champions League in a group with Barcelona, Benfica and Spartak Moscow. Could you do that too?

We failed to reach the playoffs final twice with this "mould". I think it is time this season to have a wore the t shirt manager, then the onus shifts to the manager ie Coyle or Neil Lennon type. If a Gemmil or Cathro fail the board have nowhere to go

As I highlighted on the last page, the majority of managers to win this league of late have been of that mould. Derek McInnes, Robbie Nielson and Alex Neill to name 3. I mentioned a few others on previous post.

That said, it's hard to get excited by someone you know little about as their own man and Stubbs started slowly in both seasons. Neil Lennon would fill my with confidence that we'd go up in a similar manner to the 98/99 season.

JK Rolling
01-06-2016, 05:54 PM

I genuinely don't get those who are anti Jim Jefferies. I submit this clip as evidence of the good work he is capable of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFx1Cpxpx1E

Vault Boy
01-06-2016, 05:58 PM
I genuinely don't get those who are anti Jim Jefferies. I submit this clip as evidence of the good work he is capable of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFx1Cpxpx1E

:agree:

Not to mention his finest hour (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_cups/6456647.stm).

JK Rolling
01-06-2016, 05:59 PM
Because Hibs allowed Rotherham to speak to him they are due us compo no matter what. He still had a year left!

Apparently there's a saving to be made in the long run as big John Doolan was hammering the Tuck Shop and never once put his hand in his pocket. :taxi

weststandhibby
01-06-2016, 06:07 PM
dont want lennon...i don't consider his time at celtic as an achievement. ...i could win the league with celtic and their money.....i'd rather go for experience like jimmy calderwood or jim jeffries

wtf!!!!

weststandhibby
01-06-2016, 06:09 PM
If anyone thinks that calderwood or Jeffries should get job needs to be drug tested or psychologically tested immediately
:top marks

silverhibee
01-06-2016, 06:13 PM
Have you seen Leeann Dempster or anyone else who works for Hibs? :cb

Just Petrie. :cb :greengrin

Sean1875
01-06-2016, 06:14 PM
if managers could just resign and no compensation was needing paid then every manager in the world would be doing it when they moved to a new job.. do not fear

The_Horde
01-06-2016, 06:19 PM
if managers could just resign and no compensation was needing paid then every manager in the world would be doing it when they moved to a new job.. do not fear

Yep. Poor wording from the Rotherham twitter dude. They're no the best with media actually, it's all very stereotypically English. Storm in, do what they want.

CRAZYHIBBY
01-06-2016, 06:57 PM
:top marks

What about a dream team of derek whyte and gerry britton

bigwheel
01-06-2016, 06:59 PM
What about a dream team of derek whyte and gerry britton

surely with Tosh McKinlay in there too ;-)

Thecat23
01-06-2016, 07:01 PM
Who are these managers that have no ambition? :confused:

I worded that poorly, Yogi has been around the block and wouldn't take us forward. Hense why he'll not get the Hibs job imo. If you read what LD said then you'll know yourself he's not the man or McCall.

blackpoolhibs
01-06-2016, 07:07 PM
I worded that poorly, Yogi has been around the block and wouldn't take us forward. Hense why he'll not get the Hibs job imo. If you read what LD said then you'll know yourself he's not the man or McCall.

Hughes has achieved much more than Stubbs, and McCall had Motherwell 2nd and 3rd twice in the top league. I'd take either, couldnt give a toss what people think of them its promotion or sacked, thats the new mans options.

Thecat23
01-06-2016, 07:11 PM
Hughes has achieved much more than Stubbs, and McCall had Motherwell 2nd and 3rd twice in the top league. I'd take either, couldnt give a toss what people think of them its promotion or sacked, thats the new mans options.

Yogi's record was worse than Williamsons. He was very poor here at the end and his signings were poor too. I'd take McCall if I had too. I' agree we have to win the league though but I don't think either is what LD is after.

For the record Stubbs for me is miles better and winning the Scottish Cup while in the championship and knocking out who we did on the way beats 4th in the league for me. I appreciate you may feel different!

Sergey
01-06-2016, 07:13 PM

You really do speak some complete and utter drivel, but for once, I do tend to agree.

Andy74
01-06-2016, 07:15 PM
Yogi's record was worse than Williamsons. He was very poor here at the end and his signings were poor too. I'd take McCall if I had too. I' agree we have to win the league though but I don't think either is what LD is after.

For the record Stubbs for me is miles better and winning the Scottish Cup while in the championship and knocking out who we did on the way beats 4th in the league for me. I appreciate you may feel different!

Hughes is a Scottish Cup winner as well mind so overall Hughes has achieved more so far.

Thecat23
01-06-2016, 07:18 PM
Hughes is a Scottish Cup winner as well mind so overall Hughes has achieved more so far.

Not with Hibs Andy. We are comparing records of Their time with Hibs or we not?

Andy74
01-06-2016, 07:19 PM

Dunno. I'm just talking managers that could do a job. If Stubbs was decent then Hughes has done some things just as good or better. Some with Hibs, some not.

Vault Boy
01-06-2016, 07:20 PM

I carry some kind of inherit skepticism over managers that have done well with Caley Thistle, and I can't for the life of me figure out why.

green day
01-06-2016, 07:25 PM
Whatever we do, I am confident LD and GC had the wheels in motion anyway.

Winning the cup was magic, but I said beforehand that Stubbs had to go whatever happened (simply due to the failure two years on the trot to gain promotion).

I am fairly confident that we had people lined up / in mind in the event that he walked / was sacked.

The fact that we now have cash from the cup runs, compensation for Stubbs etc makes us an even more attractive proposition to many managers - and means that the candidate pool is probably larger now.

This is much, much better than the scenario when the t1t Butcher was emptied - took far too long, and left Stubbs with next to no time to prep the season.

I think and hope we will have someone lined up within a week.

hibsdaft
01-06-2016, 07:26 PM
I carry some kind of inherit skepticism over managers that have done well with Caley Thistle, and I can't for the life of me figure out why.

yep. some clubs are so well run that even plums like Terry Butcher can succeed at them. always best to look at impact, rather than simply success.

Thecat23
01-06-2016, 07:31 PM
Dunno. I'm just talking managers that could do a job. If Stubbs was decent then Hughes has done some things just as good or better. Some with Hibs, some not.

Does that mean Butcher is better too then? He got ICT up!

Thecat23
01-06-2016, 07:36 PM
yep. some clubs are so well run that even plums like Terry Butcher can succeed at them. always best to look at impact, rather than simply success.

Correct.

Big L
01-06-2016, 07:46 PM
If Lennon gets the job, he might well ask Yogi to assist, that would be some team!

The Green Goblin
01-06-2016, 07:54 PM
Just Petrie. :cb :greengrin

:tee hee: I deliberately didn't mention his name, but you already knew that, didn't you? :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
01-06-2016, 09:11 PM

Hughes has taken a team from the highlands with 2 bob 4 fruit pastiles and a couple of black jacks to Europe and Scottish cup success, along with a 4th place finish with us and Europe too.

Williamson also won the Scottish Cup, Stubbs is indeed in great company with his cup win, but obviously 2 attempts to get out of the 2nd division and actually finishing 3rd behind Falkirk is as much of a failure as anything Hughes did at Hibs.

gaz88
01-06-2016, 09:25 PM
John Hughes for me. Won promotion with Falkirk.Vastly experienced, fantastic coach and knows the Scottish game inside out. Has unfinished business with Hibs. Hopefully the board can show a bit of vision for the good of the club...

brog
01-06-2016, 09:30 PM
In all the talk about AS failing to get us out of the Championship I've not seen one mention of the ludicrous "non penalty" decision which cost us a place in the play off final. Have we forgotten already? If that had been Celtc a full public inquiry would have been called for by now. Kenny Miller's offside goal last season was a more understandable refereeing error but still contributed to our failure to get promoted. By all means criticise AS but let's not forget the part played by Alan Muir & his incompetent brethren.

corby hibee
01-06-2016, 09:34 PM
Somefan asked ally mcoist if he would be interested, he did see the funny side to it tho.

Brightside
01-06-2016, 09:34 PM
Its not going to be Yogi so no need to debate the issue really. :wink:

CRAZYHIBBY
01-06-2016, 10:21 PM
What about that roy keane felly

hibees 7062
01-06-2016, 10:26 PM
What about Mark McGhee

Andy74
01-06-2016, 10:27 PM
In all the talk about AS failing to get us out of the Championship I've not seen one mention of the ludicrous "non penalty" decision which cost us a place in the play off final. Have we forgotten already? If that had been Celtc a full public inquiry would have been called for by now. Kenny Miller's offside goal last season was a more understandable refereeing error but still contributed to our failure to get promoted. By all means criticise AS but let's not forget the part played by Alan Muir & his incompetent brethren.

It happens. Not many talk about the decisions that cost us top six under Fenlon for example.

We shouldn't really have been close enough to Falkirk's level over 2 games for one non penalty to be a major issue.

dmc1875
01-06-2016, 10:34 PM
It happens. Not many talk about the decisions that cost us top six under Fenlon for example.

We shouldn't really have been close enough to Falkirk's level over 2 games for one non penalty to be a major issue.

The decisions at the end of that season, the "goal" scored by Griffiths and the blatant foul outside the box given as a penalty at Dundee United were quite unbelievable I'd forgotten about them until now!

Add to that the season we got relegated, Jordan forsters header at Tynie to make it 1-1 that was somehow chopped off and the numerous cleared efforts off the line in many games just goes to show how much horrific luck we have had over the last few years

tamig
01-06-2016, 10:36 PM

What did Hughes do better at Hibs? He limped to European football, ballsed up his selection/set up in the away leg and ended up playing square ball narrow football along our own 18 yard line. Do you think that was better than we've seen the past two seasons - albeit in a lower league? Yogi's football isn't any better than wee Pat's imo. Ask any ICT fan. Turgid stuff.

Captain Trips
01-06-2016, 10:39 PM
We were 2-1 away to Falkirk the penalty is an excuse. We got over it and got ahead in the tie, we blew it.

tamig
01-06-2016, 10:41 PM
John Hughes for me. Won promotion with Falkirk.Vastly experienced, fantastic coach and knows the Scottish game inside out. Has unfinished business with Hibs. Hopefully the board can show a bit of vision for the good of the club...

You think he is the best we can do? Unfinished business? Lol. Did you watch any of the games in the last few months of his previous reign?

JohnM1875
01-06-2016, 10:45 PM
You think he is the best we can do? Unfinished business? Lol. Did you watch any of the games in the last few months of his previous reign?

So managers don't improve? I'm pretty sure no one was happy with Yogi the last few months he was manager of Hibs.

But that does not mean he hasn't improved as a manager. Learn from your mistakes.

He has had some good finishes with ICT. I know, Butcher did as well! But Yogi is Hibs through and through. He'll care for the club and where we are a lot more than that cretin did.

leithsansiro
01-06-2016, 10:51 PM
This is not going to be the scrabbling around we had before after Calderwood, Fenlon and Butcher.

Our board will have been planning for this since Stubbs was first speaking to Rotherham last Oct.

If they have any sense, they'd have already compiled a list of candidates to maintain our system and approaches.

And in terms of some of the names quoted, did anyone predict Stubbs or Mowbray prior to their appointments?

tamig
01-06-2016, 11:00 PM
So managers don't improve? I'm pretty sure no one was happy with Yogi the last few months he was manager of Hibs.

But that does not mean he hasn't improved as a manager. Learn from your mistakes.

He has had some good finishes with ICT. I know, Butcher did as well! But Yogi is Hibs through and through. He'll care for the club and where we are a lot more than that cretin did.
I haven't heard of an ICT fan who isn't glad to see the back of him. That speaks volumes to me.

Neilbooks
01-06-2016, 11:04 PM
I really hope it isn't Yogi. I'm sure he's a lovely guy who'd run through a brick wall for us and he'll bleed Hibs and all that, but he's had a shot. I'm not one for the unfinished business argument. We need someone new and preferably someone who doesn't spend a significant whack of the budget on a 'goalkeeping school of excellence' that reaches it's peak in a 6-6 draw, doesn't spend press conferences talking about how he used to wet the bed with his brother and ideally doesn't revert to cliches in press conferences about the need to 'build a siege mentality' or try to excuse failings because 'fitba folk know what's happening here'. I realise there's a lot of sentiment around the idea of former players or lifelong fans managing the club, but where we are now in the league, we need someone who knows what it takes to win, irrespective of their background. I'm not convinced that Yogi's that guy.

JohnM1875
01-06-2016, 11:07 PM
I haven't heard of an ICT fan who isn't glad to see the back of him. That speaks volumes to me.

You know many ICT fans like? If you do, fair play.

Fans are a fickle bunch though. I just think we could honestly do worse than Yogi. Who, I think, has improved. (I also think we could do better by the way. I just think judging him on his previous Hibs stint is a bit harsh)

Andy74
01-06-2016, 11:10 PM

Pretty sure they will push on beyond the 3rd place and Scottish Cup now right enough!

tamig
01-06-2016, 11:42 PM
You know many ICT fans like? If you do, fair play.

Fans are a fickle bunch though. I just think we could honestly do worse than Yogi. Who, I think, has improved. (I also think we could do better by the way. I just think judging him on his previous Hibs stint is a bit harsh)
I know a few ST holders and there were quite a few calling into Sportsound towards the end of the season. All had the same negative views of him. The guys I spoke to in person were coming out with the same stuff we'd said at the end of his time here with regard to style of play. Thinking about it, it looks like wee Russell maybe played a bigger role in the good times Yogi had at ICT than he's been given credit for.

Hawick hibee
02-06-2016, 04:57 AM
Just read that Ryan Giggs looks set to leave man united, would there be a chance that he is an option??

GreenLake
02-06-2016, 05:01 AM
How about Jovan Kirovski (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jovan_Kirovski). Played under Steve Bruce at Birmingham City, Champions League medal, German league experience, assistant coaching experience at the LA Galaxy and now Technical Director, classy guy and would be a welcome breath of fresh air to the SPL after promotion. Maybe he would take a drop to the Scottish Championship as a first step towards managing Manchester United where he played as a youth.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
02-06-2016, 05:14 AM
Just read that Ryan Giggs looks set to leave man united, would there be a chance that he is an option??

😂😂

Callum7
02-06-2016, 05:20 AM
Neill Lennon is now 1/1 on sky bet!

bingo70
02-06-2016, 05:24 AM
Neill Lennon is now 1/1 on sky bet!

Probably because he's the highest profile candidate, none of the papers are really reporting anyone else.

LustForLeith
02-06-2016, 05:26 AM
What happend to Scott Gemill in the hotel with the press conference? Best game of Cluedo ever.

Tom Hart RIP
02-06-2016, 05:33 AM
And Craig Thomson failing to send odd McCracken after bringing down Keatings was even worse.

Keith_M
02-06-2016, 05:45 AM
And Craig Thomson failing to send odd McCracken after bringing down Keatings was even worse.

I was talking to the wife about potential Hibs Managers last night.

She said Phil McCracken...

BSEJVT
02-06-2016, 06:24 AM

No matter how you cut it, Stubbs failed to get us out of this league.

Whose to say that Falkirk might not have won on penalties if it had come to that or beta us some other way?

With the resources at his disposal this season and the total disarray Rangers were in last season, the very minimum expectation for him in both seasons would have been a crack at the SPL team.

He failed on both counts.

He deserves credit for the cup win and for putting us back at least partly on track from the shambles he inherited, but he's not the messiah.

IMO he was not convinced he could get us out this league next year and moved on now when his stock was at its highest as if he failed again next year he would have been damaged goods.

I don't blame him for doing it.

He will always be a hero for winning the cup, but the jury was still very much out on his league "achievements".

LustForLeith
02-06-2016, 06:36 AM

Whose to say that Falkirk might not have won on penalties if it had come to that or beta us some other way?

With the resources at his disposal this season and the total disarray Rangers were in last season, the very minimum expectation for him in both seasons would have been a crack at the SPL team.

He deserves credit for the cup win and for putting us back at least partly on track from the shambles he inherited, but he's not the messiah.

IMO he was not convinced he could get us out this league next year and moved on now when his stock was at its highest as if he failed again next year he would have been damaged goods.

He will always be a hero for winning the cup, but the jury was still very much out on his league "achievements".

Agree with this.

Enough said
02-06-2016, 06:39 AM
With dempster already having talks with McKinnon the Monday after we beat raith in the play off, there has obviously been plans in place to replace Stubbs. Although McKinnon was on the radar he was always going to go to Utd with them being his boyhood club. I would take Lennon think he could bring a bit steel

snedzuk
02-06-2016, 06:41 AM
I was talking to the wife about potential Hibs Managers last night.

She said Phil McCracken...

Is Ben Dover also a possibility?

HibbySpurs
02-06-2016, 06:46 AM
Probably because he's the highest profile candidate, none of the papers are really reporting anyone else.

Don't buy that argument to be honest as in my experience bookies don't price things up on "paper talk".

Generally only 2 things make them move prices:

1. Weight of money increasing their liability
2. They know something

Doesn't mean NL is a cert for Hibs Manager and I wouldn't be rushing out to have my mortgage on it as I think there are too many hurdles to overcome, like his wage and his expectations with regards to transfer funds, wage structure etc.

calumhibee1
02-06-2016, 06:47 AM
With dempster already having talks with McKinnon the Monday after we beat raith in the play off, there has obviously been plans in place to replace Stubbs. Although McKinnon was on the radar he was always going to go to Utd with them being his boyhood club. I would take Lennon think he could bring a bit steel

Did she?

Brightside
02-06-2016, 06:50 AM
Don't buy that argument to be honest as in my experience bookies don't price things up on "paper talk".

2. They know something

Doesn't mean NL is a cert for Hibs Manager and I wouldn't be rushing out to have my mortgage on it as I think there are too many hurdles to overcome, like his wage and his expectations with regards to transfer funds, wage structure etc.

That's wrong by the way. Traders will move prices to intice nore money on. Especially if they think it won't happen. If you make him fav suddenly you get 1000s of bets. That's how traders operate. They will also move on money obv.

HibbySpurs

Agreed.

Craig_in_Prague
Is Ben Dover also a possibility?

I think we should go foreign this time.
Helmet inderbumm maybe.

bingo70
02-06-2016, 06:51 AM

2. They know something

Yes but media stories about him causes an increase in the money being put on him.

Big L
02-06-2016, 06:53 AM
Petrie cut Yogi's legs off and he did the same to Collins. He sold stokes to Celtic a week before the season started, Yogi had no chance after that. Yogi will be the first to admit he made mistakes, he's older now and hopefully a bit more wiser.

HibbySpurs
02-06-2016, 06:53 AM
That's wrong by the way. Traders will move prices to intice nore money on. Especially if they think it won't happen. If you make him fav suddenly you get 1000s of bets. That's how traders operate. They will also move on money obv.

No it's not.... "especially if they think it won't happen".... like "they know something"?

I actually think we are saying much the same thing, just from opposite angles :-)

HibbySpurs
02-06-2016, 06:57 AM
Yes but media stories about him causes an increase in the money being put on him.

Obviously as there is plenty of mugs out there who believe what rags tell them.

That's not the layer reacting to paper talk though, they are reacting to mug punters lumping on..... Don't get me wrong if there's anyone bet him at 14/1+ then fair play they've got the value but EVS????? No thanks.

Phil MaGlass
02-06-2016, 06:57 AM
I think we should go foreign this time.
Helmet inderbumm maybe.

As long as its no Jurgen Doon

SeanWilson
02-06-2016, 06:59 AM
Obviously as there is plenty of mugs out there who believe what rags tell them.

That's not the layer reacting to paper talk though, they are reacting to mug punters lumping on..... Don't get me wrong if there's anyone bet him at 14/1+ then fair play they've got the value but EVS????? No thanks.

skybet is the only place that have him odds on (that i can see). I'd assume, given he's out at 3's and 5's elsewhere suggests its down to money on him with skybet?

Enough said
02-06-2016, 07:00 AM
Did she? yes

BOB MARLEYS DUG
02-06-2016, 07:17 AM

You are making this up, IMO.

Brightside
02-06-2016, 07:17 AM
No it's not.... "especially if they think it won't happen".... like "they know something"?

I actually think we are saying much the same thing, just from opposite angles :-)

Traders actually create lots of the stories in the press in order to create a false book. On novelty markets like this prices are almost always falsely created rather than market driven. Skybet for example will be lucky to have more than 10k placed on the whole event.

Craig_in_Prague
02-06-2016, 07:18 AM
Do we need another speculative manager thread?

DH1875
02-06-2016, 07:21 AM

Where you getting that from?

Enough said
02-06-2016, 07:30 AM
Why would I make it up? Does it matter where it has came from? it's what happened .

GloryGlory
02-06-2016, 07:38 AM
I wonder who is turning up at "a hotel in the Borders" today for their interview? :wink:

IFONLY
02-06-2016, 08:02 AM
Why would I make it up? Does it matter where it has came from? it's what happened .

To gain attention!!!!!! Pray tell how you know!!!!!

Steve20
02-06-2016, 08:03 AM
I very much doubt she met him the Monday after the Raith game.

easty
02-06-2016, 08:03 AM

"Talks" meaning she commiserated him on us just beating them aye?

TonyStokeprano
02-06-2016, 08:06 AM
A few other folk mentioned this to me before the final so could well be something in it!!

makaveli1875
02-06-2016, 08:11 AM
looks like we can cross 1 name off the list

BLACKBURN Rovers are expected to confirm the appointment of their new manager today. It is understood to be Owen Coyle.
Coyle left his job as boss of Major League Soccer side Houston Dynamo last week.
The 49-year-old had previously managed Rovers’ rivals Burnley, who he led to promotion to the Premier League, Bolton Wanderers and Wigan Athletic.

GloryGlory
02-06-2016, 08:12 AM
I very much doubt she met him the Monday after the Raith game.

Presumably she would also have had to seek permission from RR before she spoke to him.

SJM
02-06-2016, 08:16 AM
Presumably she would also have had to seek permission from RR before she spoke to him.

Like Rotherham did us? Talks can easily happen in this day an age.

Rasta_Hibs
02-06-2016, 08:25 AM
Giggs has left Man Utd....

euro Hibby
02-06-2016, 08:40 AM
the worry is so has Van Gaal ! :wink:

chrisski33
02-06-2016, 09:15 AM
If its yogi he will start off well then bring his own players in and we will start to struggle

Andy74
02-06-2016, 12:54 PM
Steve Clarke can also come off the list now, assistant at Villa.

scoopyboy
02-06-2016, 01:05 PM
Steve Clarke can also come off the list now, assistant at Villa.

Who is he assistant to?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
02-06-2016, 01:06 PM
Who is he assistant to?

Roberto Di Matteo

CapitalGreen
02-06-2016, 01:07 PM

The players disliked him last time and his win % was below Fenlon and Williamson. No thanks.

Joe Baker2
02-06-2016, 01:11 PM
C'mon Hibs. Aim high on the manager list!

Nutmegged
02-06-2016, 01:12 PM
Ladbrokes have suspended betting on Lennon getting the gig

Lago
02-06-2016, 01:14 PM

Excellent post, my thoughts exactly almost word for word. I think we can get better than Stubbs this time round. Personally I would havebeen far more concerned if Hibs had announced LD was leaving.

jacomo
02-06-2016, 01:25 PM
the worry is so has Van Gaal ! :wink:

Can you imagine it?

'McGinn is shooper, I agree, but my philosophy is more shooper. I just don't think you understand?'

jacomo
02-06-2016, 01:27 PM
looks like we can cross 1 name off the list

BLACKBURN Rovers are expected to confirm the appointment of their new manager today. It is understood to be Owen Coyle.
Coyle left his job as boss of Major League Soccer side Houston Dynamo last week.
The 49-year-old had previously managed Rovers’ rivals Burnley, who he led to promotion to the Premier League, Bolton Wanderers and Wigan Athletic.

Is Owen Coyle's career plan to tick all the smaller town North West England clubs off the list?

greenpaper55
02-06-2016, 02:07 PM
Coyle confirmed on the beeb at Blackburn, would have preferred him to some being mentioned on here.

CallumLaidlaw
02-06-2016, 02:10 PM
Coyle confirmed on the beeb at Blackburn, would have preferred him to some being mentioned on here.

Yeah, but if Stubbs thinks Rotherham is a step up from us, then Blackburn is a million miles above us. Former premier league champions and paid £8m for Jordan Rhodes just 4 years ago.

SpaceBob
02-06-2016, 02:13 PM
Is Owen Coyle's career plan to tick all the smaller town North West England clubs off the list?

I used reckon Mcleish was trying do the same in the Midlands.

coldingham hibs
02-06-2016, 02:27 PM
Let's face it the next manager isn't going to be a 'big' name, it is more likely to be another Stubbs situation or a guy that's been knocking around the Scottish scene. Who wants to manage a team playing against the likes of Ayr Utd & Dumbarton every other week. Even Stubbs couldn't face another season of that.

lucky
02-06-2016, 02:33 PM
Lennon or Evans are about as big as it gets for us. We are a Scottish championship club with big expectations. I don't think Hibs are an easy gig.

Brightside
02-06-2016, 02:35 PM
Lennon or Evans are about as big as it gets for us. We are a Scottish championship club with big expectations. I don't think Hibs are an easy gig.

Evans is only big in waist size.

Finn2015
02-06-2016, 02:37 PM

Will be pressurised cos only promotion will do this coming season

Platinum Scotty
02-06-2016, 02:45 PM
Evans is only big in waist size.

Big - he is beyond massive!!

LancashireHibby
02-06-2016, 02:47 PM
Having had a couple of years of Lennon at Bolton, I'm really not enthused by the prospect. The Heskey thing was funny at the time until he started to actually pick him ahead of other players, never mind having Stephen Dobbie as super sub last season. Team line ups selected from a bingo machine, no plan B (or even a plan A most of the time), signings that leave as quickly as they arrive or simply go missing, and that's before we got on to his boozing and womanising on his own doorstep.

Bewildered of Lancashire.

DunblaneHibby
02-06-2016, 02:59 PM
Im going to go against the trend here as I don't think leanne will give neil lennon the job. I think she wants to continue what alan stubbs started and the only candidate that has been mentioned that fits that bill is scott gemmill

Ryan69
02-06-2016, 03:02 PM
betting suspended on Lennon.

allezsauzee
02-06-2016, 03:04 PM
Lennon is used to the pressure of having to win every week at Celtic, might be useful in our pursuit of the Championship title next season

1875STEVE
02-06-2016, 03:12 PM
"Talks" meaning she commiserated him on us just beating them aye?

From a few weeks back.....

Andy74
02-06-2016, 03:15 PM
Im going to go against the trend here as I don't think leanne will give neil lennon the job. I think she wants to continue what alan stubbs started and the only candidate that has been mentioned that fits that bill is scott gemmill

I don't really understand what that means? what was Alan Stubbs doing that only Scott Gemmill could take on?

Posh Swanny
02-06-2016, 03:16 PM
Big - he is beyond massive!!

Not anymore! Lost a load of weight in the past year and is now somewhere between huge and massive.

http://www.footballinsider247.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Evans-2016.jpg

ekhibee
02-06-2016, 03:18 PM
Lennon would kick ass, that's for sure. IMO he would definitely get us promoted. As a side issue, I noticed Koeman is 2/5 for the Everton job, but he's also favourite for the Arsenal job too, has Wenger chucked it?

CallumLaidlaw
02-06-2016, 03:19 PM
Lennon would kick ass, that's for sure. IMO he would definitely get us promoted. As a side issue, I noticed Koeman is 2/5 for the Everton job, but he's also favourite for the Arsenal job too, has Wenger chucked it?

Wenger won't be going anywhere. Koeman is apparently in Liverpool for talks with Everton today.

KWJ
02-06-2016, 03:47 PM
I don't understand leaving Southampton for Everton. Seems like such a sidestep.

hibs#1
02-06-2016, 04:08 PM

Have Everton not just been taken over sure there is some billionaire owner waiting to pile money in

The money flying about down there is crazy

Sean1875
02-06-2016, 05:13 PM
Let's face it the next manager isn't going to be a 'big' name, it is more likely to be another Stubbs situation or a guy that's been knocking around the Scottish scene. Who wants to manage a team playing against the likes of Ayr Utd & Dumbarton every other week. Even Stubbs couldn't face another season of that.

that's the spirit, shoot for the moon.

Finn2015
02-06-2016, 05:16 PM
Have Everton not just been taken over sure there is some billionaire owner waiting to pile money in

The money flying about down there is crazy

Everton are a bigger club than Southampton and with more money, they can be turned into a successful club. Southampton have done really well but Everton have great potential

BOB MARLEYS DUG
02-06-2016, 05:19 PM
This has a Pre Terry Butcher Appointment feel to it.

Scorrie
02-06-2016, 05:28 PM

Oh god, how did that turn out...

scuttle
02-06-2016, 05:40 PM

Agree with this, dont think Hibs have shown an interest to even speak to him yet if at all.

Vault Boy
02-06-2016, 05:44 PM

Big difference is Leeann Dempster didn't appoint TB.

hibeerealist
02-06-2016, 07:08 PM

You know your clubs!!

It is like comparing ST Johnstone and Hibs!!!!lol

hibees 7062
02-06-2016, 10:17 PM
Hibernian are considering a shock move for Scotland Under-17 boss Scot Gemmill as their new manager, while former Celtic manager Neil Lennon is also keen on the job. (Daily Express

mcfly
02-06-2016, 10:25 PM
oh dear, a bit of perspective please van gaal also out of work

No such a daft comment now though eh

No apologies required 😂😂

OsloHibs
03-06-2016, 02:31 PM
#GiggsToHibs is trending! Haha haha 😂

LancashireHibby
03-06-2016, 02:41 PM
He's gone odds on for the Bolton job.

Waxy
03-06-2016, 02:42 PM

That would be interesting.

Pac Man
03-06-2016, 03:43 PM
One of my mates says he's got inside info it's James Fowler, can't see it myself.

Hibeesmad
03-06-2016, 03:44 PM
One of my mates says he's got inside info it's James Fowler, can't see it myself.

Better chance of Pauline Fowler

HibbyAndy
03-06-2016, 03:47 PM

Rikki Fowler might get us oot a hole :cb

SteveHFC
03-06-2016, 03:49 PM

Or Michelle Fowler. :duck:

Ricky Bobby
03-06-2016, 03:58 PM
I have not read the entire thread, but i hear there is a quote from Neil Warnock suggesting he might be interested. If he was serious, what are we waiting for?
Get it done.

Silky
03-06-2016, 03:58 PM
Or Michelle Fowler. :duck:

Christ, better chance with Arthur Fowler!

fat freddy
03-06-2016, 04:02 PM
Christ, better chance with Arthur Fowler!

He's on gardening leave down at the allotment

Saul Goodman
03-06-2016, 04:08 PM
How about Csaba Laszlo?

Done a great job at Hearts and won manager of the year. Would definitely get out of this division with a guy of his experience!!

stokesmessiah
03-06-2016, 04:11 PM
How about Csaba Laszlo?

Done a great job at Hearts and won manager of the year. Would definitely get out of this division with a guy of his experience!!

How about you try harder.

Saul Goodman
03-06-2016, 04:17 PM
How about you try harder.

What do you mean?

kaimendhibs
03-06-2016, 04:19 PM
I actually mentioned Fowler to my mate. Out of work and knows the league

SaulGoodman
03-06-2016, 04:24 PM
How about Csaba Laszlo?

Just want to point out that this is in no way representative of me :greengrin

Hibeesmad
03-06-2016, 04:34 PM
I actually mentioned Fowler to my mate. Out of work and knows the league

Knows the league but he hasn't done very well

Colr
03-06-2016, 04:44 PM
I don't really understand what that means? what was Alan Stubbs doing that only Scott Gemmill could take on?

Appointing Scot Gemmill would be a colossal leap in the dark.