PDA

View Full Version : Next hibs manager

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

Oranje39
31-05-2016, 06:04 PM
If we were choosing from that Ladbrokes list, I'm dreading next season now.

Hibeesmad
I spoke to Malky Mackay back around November. Had a great conversation with him about football. I also spoke to him about Hibs, told him I'm a Hibs fan in which he pointed out that his father in law and other members of his family are Hibs fans. I asked him about Stubbs etc and he explained how he was good mates with Stubbsy from the Celtic days etc. I then asked him tongue in cheek if he would possibly be next Hibs manager in which he replied "if the job was to become available- you never know, I'm looking for a job".

Lester B
Terry Butcher 14/1, WTF?

And Barry Ferguson at 10/1??? Who makes these up?????

TAHibby
I'll give folk odds of 140/1 for terry butcher to be next manager.... There is one chance and that's no chance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd cancel my season ticket

Greencore
31-05-2016, 06:08 PM
£10er on butcher 😂

adhibs
31-05-2016, 06:08 PM

That lists the funniest thing ive seen for a while. Butcher and ferguson haha, atleast theve put a bit effort in thinking of they two amongst all the other predictable names

Alex Trager
31-05-2016, 06:10 PM
Leeann's a smart cookie and will have doing her succession planning for some months now. I reckon the CV's landing on the door mat now are too late. She just needs to work out her criteria and bag the right candidate. Announcement within 48 hours?

This man gets it

mjhibby
There is no way Hibs have been sitting waiting on Stubbs to go, so Hibs will likely have been looking at possible people who may not have actually applied.

The whole point of succession planning is to be ready for exactly this scenario. Also had we not won the cup the review of the season last Thursday would have been a tricky one to say what Hibs were going to do never mind what Stubbs wanted. We'll find out soon enough if we were prepared or not. Manager needs to in place in 7 to 10 days with Europa league game only 44 days away. Was a wee bit miffed initially at Stubbs leaving so soon after the great day but now excited to see who we will get in.

Purehibee_MYB
I just hope Leann has something up her sleeve and it's someone no one has thought of because I'm not a big fan of any of the names mentioned...

jdships
31-05-2016, 06:11 PM
Leeann's a smart cookie and will have doing her succession planning for some months now. I reckon the CV's landing on the door mat now are too late. She just needs to work out her criteria and bag the right candidate. Announcement within 48 hours?

Would imagine that is nearest the truth we will ghet in this thread :greengrin

Super_JMcGinn
31-05-2016, 06:11 PM
That lists the funniest thing ive seen for a while. Butcher and ferguson haha, atleast theve put a bit effort in thinking of they two amongst all the other predictable names
They could put Alex Ferguson on there at 50/1 and you can be sure someone would put money on him, the bookies make a tidy wee sum on these kind of markets. There's always one as they say, and it costs them nothing to make up a list.

Andy74
31-05-2016, 06:14 PM
I just hope Leann has something up her sleeve and it's someone no one has thought of because I'm not a big fan of any of the names mentioned...

I'm not bothered any more about being a fan or not. No one knows how well any given manager will do regardless of their background. Talking a good game has also proven to matter little.

The key thing is whoever it is gets our backing for an important season whether we fancied them or not.

Edinburgher
31-05-2016, 06:17 PM
Billy Stark?

coldingham hibs
31-05-2016, 06:17 PM
Probably already mentioned but what about Duncan Ferguson.

jonny_hfc
31-05-2016, 06:19 PM
Gutted that he's away, feel he still had unfinished business regardless of the cup win and thought he would have seen it through to finish the job and get us up. Eternally grateful for what he has achieved with us, but disappointed he didn't give it another year at least

Scouse Hibee
31-05-2016, 06:20 PM
Hope it's like the Stubbs appointment,no one had a clue until he was announced and no one predicted it would be him.

Andy74
31-05-2016, 06:21 PM
Thought Eric Black might have made it onto the betting.

Super_JMcGinn
Gutted that he's away, feel he still had unfinished business regardless of the cup win and thought he would have seen it through to finish the job and get us up. Eternally grateful for what he has achieved with us, but disappointed he didn't give it another year at least

He might have seen the poll on here to sack him after the Falkirk game, who knows. As others have said he was only 10 minutes away from being classed as a dud by quite a few on here.

stantonhibby
Thought Eric Black might have made it onto the betting.

Not a bad shout

tamig
I'll give folk odds of 140/1 for terry butcher to be next manager.... There is one chance and that's no chance

You'd have got lower odds on Leicester winning the season just ended's EPL. 140/1 is way too low!

CRAZYHIBBY
31-05-2016, 06:22 PM
Jim Duffy anyone....done a good job at morton

stantonhibby
31-05-2016, 06:24 PM

Hilarious

Waxy
31-05-2016, 06:24 PM
Owen Coyle favorite

Sammy7nil
31-05-2016, 06:25 PM
Hope it's like the Stubbs appointment,no one had a clue until he was announced and no one predicted it would be him.

Graham Norton

Waxy
31-05-2016, 06:28 PM
Alex Ferguson

Pretty Boy
31-05-2016, 06:30 PM
That Agent Scotland boy on Twitter has mentioned Neil Lennon a lot on Twitter. No rumour but a lot of chat about him maybe fancying it.

I'd be happy enough with him tbh although there's obviously the 'baggage' that comes with.

Aldo

Helicopters broken so that's a no!

Scouse Hibee
Brian McClair

Aldo
31-05-2016, 06:32 PM
That Agent Scotland boy on Twitter has mentioned Neil Lennon a lot on Twitter. No rumour but a lot of chat about him maybe fancying it. I'd be happy enough with him tbh although there's obviously the 'baggage' that comes with.

I agree but think he could be out with our budget PB!

I'd happily welcome Lennon onboard!

Could handle the baggage as he takes no *****!

Hamish
31-05-2016, 06:33 PM
Stevie Crawford?

Colr
31-05-2016, 06:33 PM
We need tried and tested. No room for learning curves or inexperience.

Bang on!! We need to steamroller this year.

Colr
31-05-2016, 06:35 PM
I agree but think he could be out with our budget PB!

I'd happily welcome Lennon onboard!

Could handle the baggage as he takes no *****!

He would help us hammer out the top spot. Not my favourite character but he would definitely get us up

The Ferryman
31-05-2016, 06:36 PM
Although he has just been appointed to Dundee United as Manager, I would throw the name of Ray Mackinnon in to the ring. He did well with Brechin and Raith Rovers whilst working with very ordinary players and in each case making good teams of them. There was also considerable experience gained whilst in assisting to set up the Scottish youth set up. He is also articulate whether in dealing with players or senior management and is his own man with good ambitions
Surely better than some of those already mentioned in the Forum

Pretty Boy
31-05-2016, 06:37 PM
Brian Reid of Stranraer is quoted in the betting. Could be an interesting outsider.

I initially confused him with Billy Reid ex of Hamilton, when I googled him a name caught my eye. Graham Potter of Ostersunds in Sweden. 2 successive promotions and now in the Swedish Premier League. I've no idea how much money is kicking about in Swedish football, probably a lot more than Scotland judging by the Malmo side we faced, but I wonder if he could be tempted back to the UK.

lucky
31-05-2016, 06:38 PM
Steve Evans just be asked about the Hibs job on Sky. He never ruled it out.

weststandhibby
Steve Evans on SSN - just been sacked and Jim Whine asks him if he fancied the Hibs job!!

3pm
Steve Evans appears to have declared some interest on Sky Sports News. I think he did anyway.

B.H.F.C
31-05-2016, 06:39 PM
Steve Evans just been asked on Sky Sports if he'd like to come back to Scotland. Said he's not putting himself forward for it as Alan Stubbs is still in the job. But went on to talk about how good he is at getting teams promoted.

Newcastlehibby
31-05-2016, 06:40 PM
Although he has just been appointed to Dundee United as Manager, I would throw the name of Ray Mackinnon in to the ring. He did well with Brechin and Raith Rovers whilst working with very ordinary players and in each case making good teams of them. There was also considerable experience gained whilst in assisting to set up the Scottish youth set up. He is also articulate whether in dealing with players or senior management and is his own man with good ambitions
Surely better than some of those already mentioned in the Forum
Not a chance. Can you imagine the compensation that would have to be paid?

bingo70
31-05-2016, 06:41 PM
Lot of people suggesting managers.

It's a head coach we're looking for, sure it's a pretty subtle difference but it's a difference none the less.

I don't think it'll be any of the names mentioned so far.

B.H.F.C
31-05-2016, 06:41 PM
That Agent Scotland boy on Twitter has mentioned Neil Lennon a lot on Twitter. No rumour but a lot of chat about him maybe fancying it.

I'd be happy enough with him tbh although there's obviously the 'baggage' that comes with.

Might not be that far fetched really. Back living in Scotland and the Celtic job is gone. I'm sure he was interviewed for it a few years ago, before he even went back to Celtic as a coach I think.

Bostonhibby
31-05-2016, 06:42 PM
Steve Evans just been asked on Sky Sports if he'd like to come back to Scotland. Said he's not putting himself forward for it as Alan Stubbs is still in the job. But went on to talk about how good he is at getting teams promoted.

His shenanigans got Boston relegated a good few divisions nearly all in one go. I want him nowhere near Hibs and got to say for the first time ever I'd have a job supporting him if he appeared at ER.

Andy74
31-05-2016, 06:43 PM
Brian Reid of Stranraer is quoted in the betting. Could be an interesting outsider.

I initially confused him with Billy Reid ex of Hamilton, when I googled him a name caught my eye. Graham Potter of Ostersunds in Sweden. 2 successive promotions and now in the Swedish Premier League. I've no idea how much money is kicking about in Swedish football, probably a lot more than Scotland judging by the Malmo side we faced, but I wonder if he could be tempted back to the UK.

Potter's team have an owner with a bit of cash I believe.

Greencore
31-05-2016, 06:43 PM
Steve Evans looks like a nice guy

Colr
31-05-2016, 06:44 PM

Rotherham cast off? **** off!!

The_Horde
His shenanigans got Boston relegated a good few divisions nearly all in one go. I want him nowhere near Hibs and got to say for the first time ever I'd have a job supporting him if he appeared at ER.

He'd basically a fatter, classless yogi. No thanks pal.

cabbageandribs1875
i'm surprised rotherham didn't try get steve evans back, he guided them to two promotions prior to him taking the super leeds job

lucky

No contact made to anyone at Stranraer. So unlikely at this stage. I've just asked their chairman

gaz1875
31-05-2016, 06:45 PM
Strange how it always seems to be Hibs managers that are head hunted by other clubs. Take Neilson at the tramps, straight promotion and 3rd in the SPL and not a bit of interest :confused:

Andy74
31-05-2016, 06:45 PM

I don't think being a nice guy is top of the list of things to care about now. Getting the job done is the main thing.

Bostonhibby
31-05-2016, 06:46 PM
You'd have got lower odds on Leicester winning the season just ended's EPL. 140/1 is way too low!

:agree: Think it is probably this boy the bookies have priced up at 14/1

http://www.terrysbutchers.co.uk/index.php

They've obviously got inside info on our legendary pie problems and Terry the Butcher could be the answer, hopefully the ****** are not looking in and the the rangers don't "swoop" for him first.

FifeHibs
31-05-2016, 06:46 PM
Have you ever listened to Steve Evans being interviewed, no offence to yogi but he makes Hughes sound like a Cambridge graduate

FifeHibs
31-05-2016, 06:48 PM
Rather have Di Canio going nuts than Steve Evans

yekimevol
Heres my wish list for the next gaffer.

1) Owen Coyle, did a really good job at St Johnstone, Burnley and Bolton until there financial issues hit but then went to a wigan team in crisis and recently left dallas due to missing his family back in the UK. All in all not a shocking record.

2) Stewart Mccall, did a very good job with motherwell for the most part and then got a shocking rangers team to start playing football which when you think about the state of them when we hammered them 4-0 is no short feat.

3) Steven Clarke, managed at a very high level under some great managers enough said to me.

4) Malkey Mckay, a tad controversial due to his known issue that he had but the English FA did not charge him with anything. But once again bar another not to great spell at wigan he had a good record with premier league teams wanting him.

5) Paul Dickvo, done a reasonable job with a cash scrapped Oldham team attempting to play decent football and a spell at Doncaster which wasn't great but it was a team in crisis and a hard job for anyone.

6) Ian Murray with boozy and Director of football. Many people wont agree but I trust Ian with the job so long that he has help. Ian walked into a club in crisis at St Mirren and done it without any of his own people with neither boozy nor Jack Ross at his side. But he did do a good job at semi pro team Dumbarton and with the right people I think he could replicate that at hibs. An old head like Strachan as director of football and Boozy as his assistant would do it for me.

Big L
Is their a book? If so who's on it?

Waxy
31-05-2016, 06:49 PM
Strange how it always seems to be Hibs managers that are head hunted by other clubs. Take Neilson at the tramps, straight promotion and 3rd in the SPL and not a bit of interest :confused:

Its coz everyone knows Robbies a jobby.

Thecat23
31-05-2016, 06:49 PM
Steve Evens is *****. I'd also put good money on Leeann not even considering him for Hibs never mind him getting the job.

Topographic Hibby
31-05-2016, 06:53 PM
Alan Johnston from The Pars.

Ex Jambo and old-co Gers, but a decent managerial record. Killie record is little iffy, but you can't knock Dunfermlines record this year. Who, BTW, are now competing with us for promotion.

Doubt he'd be as big a bomb-scare as some of the names on here............

kaimendhibs
At the risk of upsetting the pars, how about Allan Johnston? Ticks the boxes in the lower leagues

Aldo
He would help us hammer out the top spot. Not my favourite character but he would definitely get us up

Think he would do an excellent job Colr but it won't be him!!

Would definitely do a job though!

The_Horde
31-05-2016, 06:54 PM

Too big a team, can't touch them..

Aldo
31-05-2016, 06:55 PM

That made me laugh out loud there B!

kaimendhibs
31-05-2016, 06:55 PM
Sorry topographic, hadn't seen your post 😳

The_Horde
31-05-2016, 06:56 PM
I don't think being a nice guy is top of the list of things to care about now. Getting the job done is the main thing.

I think it's crucial that the players, particularly at bigger scottish clubs like us, like the manager and want to play for him. Half the battle. Stubbs, Mowbray, Mcleish.. all had that in common.

Bostonhibby
31-05-2016, 06:59 PM
I think it's crucial that the players, particularly at bigger scottish clubs like us, like the manager and want to play for him. Half the battle. Stubbs, Mowbray, Mcleish.. all had that in common.

:agree:And Butcher / Malpas seem to have been the opposite and we all know how that one worked out

Super_JMcGinn
31-05-2016, 07:00 PM
Alan Johnston from The Pars.

Ex Jambo and old-co Gers, but a decent managerial record. Killie record is little iffy, but you can't knock Dunfermlines record this year. Who, BTW, are now competing with us for promotion.

Doubt he'd be as big a bomb-scare as some of the names on here............
Are they? the season hasn't started yet :confused:. FWIW I don't think they'll be anywhere near challenging at the top.

Deansy
31-05-2016, 07:01 PM
I like McCall but the Hun will be looking for a new manager approx Sep/Oct due to still waiting on their first points in the SPL - McCall would be off !

NOLA
31-05-2016, 07:02 PM
Jackie McNamara would be my choice :flag:

Andy74
31-05-2016, 07:03 PM

That comes under getting the job done. Whether the fans consider the manager to be nice or articulate or whatever makes no odds.

Bostonhibby
31-05-2016, 07:03 PM

Problem is that all the "big" teams that might go for him know that he keeps Potter hidden in the big laundry basket that he would insist on bringing with him.

brog
31-05-2016, 07:04 PM
Steve Evens is *****. I'd also put good money on Leeann not even considering him for Hibs never mind him getting the job.

Spot on Cat, an odious individual who would never fit in with the ethos & culture at ER.

lucky
31-05-2016, 07:04 PM
Steve Evans now 5/1 second favourite on Skybet behind Yogi

Aldo
31-05-2016, 07:07 PM

If either of those 2 get the gig then it's a step back! Big step back!!

Don't want either of them near ER!

steakbake
31-05-2016, 07:07 PM
I like McCall but the Hun will be looking for a new manager approx Sep/Oct due to still waiting on their first points in the SPL - McCall would be off !

They'll be looking sooner than that.

Have to say, I think it'll be none of the names mentioned here so far.

essexhibee
31-05-2016, 07:08 PM
Dempster would never appoint Steve Evans. Would be amazed.

Dublin07
My Celtic supporting mate told me tonight he heard from two different folk that Owen Coyle would be our new manager. He said one of them is normally a decent contact.
I would take that but it's probably a load of pish.

bingo70
Any way of getting a list of current English premiership under 21 coaches? IMO our next manager will be on that list.

ronaldo7
31-05-2016, 07:09 PM
Eddie May will pick up the reigns for the time being. Dempster and Craig will be have to get their fingers out sharpish.

Super_JMcGinn
Money must be going on McCall with Betvictor, he is now 3/1 Fav with them.

Thecat23
Spot on Cat, an odious individual who would never fit in with the ethos & culture at ER.

Exactly 👍🏼

high bee
31-05-2016, 07:10 PM
The difference in odds between Dkybet and BetVictor is unreal. Mixu 33/1 vs 5/1 etc

Aldo
31-05-2016, 07:13 PM
Any way of getting a list of current English premiership under 21 coaches? IMO our next manager will be on that list.

Big Dunc??

NAE NOOKIE
31-05-2016, 07:14 PM

Miserable git, which is strange considering what a happy wee soul his dad always seems to be. I wouldn't exactly be very excited if it was him and I have a low opinion of managers who have a slice of transfer fees written into their contracts .... in what universe is that not a conflict of interest, I'm frankly astonished any club would entertain such a notion ... I would be utterly amazed if Hibs did and I'd be wondering if Leeann had lost the plot.

Not for me.

LustForLeith
31-05-2016, 07:16 PM
Hibs are in a difficult position. if we go for a young manager and they prove to be any good they'll be off. Go for an older, experienced manager then there's a chance his reputation and confidence will already be dented and he might not have the hunger to succeed.

Anyway, there's my pessimistic view! Just hope the appointment is right and gets us out of the Championship, building on the momentum of the cup win.

TAHibby
31-05-2016, 07:17 PM
Steve Evans just be asked about the Hibs job on Sky. He never ruled it out.

Shudder

Colr

What did they have Stubbs at before he was appointed?

SeanWilson
Miserable git, which is strange considering what a happy wee soul his dad always seems to be. I wouldn't exactly be very excited if it was him and I have a low opinion of managers who have a slice of transfer fees written into their contracts .... in what universe is that not a conflict of interest, I'm frankly astonished any club would entertain such a notion ... I would be utterly amazed if Hibs did and I'd be wondering if Leeann had lost the plot.

Not for me.

So you like him, yeah? :greengrin

LancashireHibby
31-05-2016, 07:18 PM
Having had a couple of seasons watching Lennon at Bolton, no thanks. Regardless of the financial limitations, he used to pick his team and formation out of a bingo machine and had a huge struggle to motivate or control his players.

high bee
31-05-2016, 07:19 PM
Have the bookies been reading Hibs net? They've got Cathro, Kevin Thomson, Boozy, Mark Venus, Jackie MacNamara, Dickov, O'Neill, Houston, McLeish etc

GreenNWhiteArmy
31-05-2016, 07:19 PM
I'd always remained hopeful Stubbsy would reject the move.

Now that he's gone I'm not entirely sure what our next move should be? The appointment of Stubbsy was a stroke of genius... can that be replicated again? I have my worries

Stuart McCall talks a good game on BT and seemed to figure out how to play against us so could maybe turn that around? I've always liked Owen Coyle though. Would be happy if we went for him. What about giving Ryan Giggs his chance?

If we go old school then my preference would be Billy Davies

Hibbyradge
31-05-2016, 07:20 PM

You know he is the manager of York and they got relegated out of the league?

He also started the rot at Tannadice before getting the bullet.

FitbaFolkKen
31-05-2016, 07:22 PM
A lot of the bookies figures will be based on what we have been posting, Ian Cathro at 16's on Skybet for example and he has had a couple of mentions on here.

I would expect the odds to give a better indication if we haven't appointed anyone in the next 48-72 hours.

LustForLeith
31-05-2016, 07:22 PM
Whats Billy Davies up to just now?

If, hand twisted behind my back, I had to have a look at a manager operating in the lower leagues of Scotland, Stevie Aitken at Dumbarton would be the one. Did really well with Stranraer and not too bad at Dumbarton. But I think we should be looking at a higher caliber of manager.

Hibbyradge
31-05-2016, 07:23 PM
Have the bookies been reading Hibs net? They've got Cathro, Kevin Thomson, Boozy, Mark Venus, Jackie MacNamara, Dickov, O'Neill, Houston, McLeish etc

Unquestionably. :agree:

high bee
31-05-2016, 07:24 PM
Unquestionably. :agree:

Makes sense I suppose, gets people backing the rumours.

FitbaFolkKen
31-05-2016, 07:25 PM
33/1 on Butcher? Bargain, says it all about the odds. We've only just finished paying him his last contract!

bingo70
31-05-2016, 07:26 PM
Big Dunc??

David Unsworth is apparently the Everton U21 coach. Not sure what Fergusons role is?!

Just stumbled upon Gary Holts name when mucking about on Wiki, did he not do a pretty good job at Falkirk, possibly when George Craig was there?

Been assistant manager at Norwich under Alex Neil so could be a pretty interesting appointment IMO.

Aldo
31-05-2016, 07:28 PM
David Unsworth is apparently the Everton U21 coach. Not sure what Fergusons role is?! Just stumbled upon Gary Holts name when mucking about on Wiki, did he not do a pretty good job at Falkirk, possibly when George Craig was there? Been assistant manager at Norwich under Alex Neil so could be a pretty interesting appointment IMO.

Holt would be a no bad shout Bingo!!

Haymaker
31-05-2016, 07:30 PM
Duncan Ferguson is 1st team coach at Everton

Brightside
31-05-2016, 07:33 PM
David Unsworth is apparently the Everton U21 coach. Not sure what Fergusons role is?!

Just stumbled upon Gary Holts name when mucking about on Wiki, did he not do a pretty good job at Falkirk, possibly when George Craig was there?

Been assistant manager at Norwich under Alex Neil so could be a pretty interesting appointment IMO.

I'll find out. Friend of a friend.

northstandhibby
31-05-2016, 07:41 PM
I'd always remained hopeful Stubbsy would reject the move.

Now that he's gone I'm not entirely sure what our next move should be? The appointment of Stubbsy was a stroke of genius... can that be replicated again? I have my worries

Stuart McCall talks a good game on BT and seemed to figure out how to play against us so could maybe turn that around? I've always liked Owen Coyle though. Would be happy if we went for him. What about giving Ryan Giggs his chance?

If we go old school then my preference would be Billy Davies

Hollywood star rating.

Plus he must have great contacts down south with players on their books who could win the league next season. Not completely without merit, that's for sure.

Glory Glory

Colr
31-05-2016, 07:43 PM
Hollywood star rating.

Plus he must have great contacts down south with players on their books who could win the league next season. Not completely without merit, that's for sure.

Glory Glory
Giggs is too busy on the sniff!!

ads913
31-05-2016, 07:44 PM
what we need is a manager like stubbs and Mowbray cutting their teeth in the 21s in the english league. .no thanks to Yogi tried and failed.

itslegaltender
31-05-2016, 07:56 PM
Thinking Owen Coyle is a very good bet at 10/1. Could see him as our manager.

Captain Trips
31-05-2016, 08:00 PM

I think he could well get us out of this league and push on.

FitbaFolkKen
31-05-2016, 08:01 PM

Skybet have him 1/7 for the Blackburn job. Just a heads up.

Hamish
31-05-2016, 08:06 PM

If I remember correctly BoltonHibee reckons he has another job lined up. Could be Blackburn going by previous post.

Joe6-2
31-05-2016, 09:03 PM
What's the bookies saying?

guthrie01
31-05-2016, 09:08 PM

Top 3 from BetVictor:

McCall at 3/1
Yogi 7/2
Owen Coyle 4/1

BoomtownHibees
31-05-2016, 09:10 PM

Top 3 from SkyBet:

Lennon 3/1
McCall 3/1
Hughes 5/1

B.H.F.C
31-05-2016, 09:11 PM
Lennon and McCall 3/1 favourites with Skybet

Hfc_Since1875
31-05-2016, 09:12 PM
Basically looks like the bookies are in the dark at the moment!!

northstandhibby
31-05-2016, 09:13 PM
Lennon and McCall 3/1 favourites with Skybet

A wide open market. Neil Lennon is a real surprising contender. Some coup if that one came off. Would certainly be exciting that's for sure.

Glory Glory

Hibernia&Alba
31-05-2016, 09:14 PM
Imagine the sectarian filth Lennon would be subjected too. Stubbs found himself on the receiving end, but nothing like Lennon. I'd be surprised if he wanted to come back to Scotland.

B.H.F.C
31-05-2016, 09:15 PM
Imagine the sectarian filth Lennon would be subjected too. Stubbs found himself on the receiving end, but nothing like Lennon. I'd be surprised if he wanted to come back to Scotland.

He's back living in Glasgow apparently

Seven up
31-05-2016, 09:16 PM
Would be delighted with Lennon, Chuffed with Coyle, happy with Yogi and meh with McCall

HibbyDave
31-05-2016, 09:16 PM
Next mgr.

Steve Evans.

Just left Leeds

Hibernia&Alba
31-05-2016, 09:17 PM
He's back living in Glasgow apparently

Is that right? That's surprising news. He'd certainly be a big name, but there would be such a circus around his tenure.

familyman
31-05-2016, 09:17 PM
http://img.thesun.co.uk/aidemitlum/archive/01501/chapps_1501472a.jpg
S MC is good at setting up teams to spoil others, we want someone creative and positive thinking ..look elsewhere

Joe6-2
31-05-2016, 09:18 PM
Would be delighted with Lennon, Chuffed with Coyle, happy with Yogi and meh with McCall

This, but does anyone see Lennon coming to us?

OsloHibs
31-05-2016, 09:18 PM
Poor Lewis. Another manager!

No to McCall. Dear god.

southsider
31-05-2016, 09:19 PM
Too fat and too much of a bum to be Hibs boss. It's a no from me

IberianHibernian
31-05-2016, 09:19 PM
what we need is a manager like stubbs and Mowbray cutting their teeth in the 21s in the english league. .no thanks to Yogi tried and failed.

Last manager to take us to Europe on league position . Since then Scottish Cup at Inverness so certainly no failure .

guthrie01
31-05-2016, 09:20 PM

:agree: This sums it up for me as well

B.H.F.C
31-05-2016, 09:30 PM
Is that right? That's surprising news. He'd certainly be a big name, but there would be such a circus around his tenure.

So I was reading. And with the Celtic gig gone, I don't think it's completely unrealistic but I'd still be surprised if it did happen.

NadeAteMyLunch!
31-05-2016, 10:49 PM

He applied for the Celtic job.

Nutmegged
31-05-2016, 11:18 PM
I can actually see Lennon being interested in this job, I saw someone mention it on Twitter earlier and immediately dismissed it but the more I thought about it and the more I read (think it was @AgentScotland) the more I genuinely grew into the idea.

He's a Title winning and Cup winning manager in Scotland, has managed in the Champions League very recently and is desperate to get back into management, add that to the fact he's back living in Scotland again and due to some bad press off the field wont likely be on many English Championship clubs radar in the near future then there doesn't seem appear to be much options for him at present.

I think Hibs could be a genuine challenge to Lennon, having been in this Division for two years now I think getting us up would be enticing, particularly if we could hold onto our better players.

I don't think he'd suffer from the same prolonged campaign of sectarian bile Stubbs had to contend with in the short term at least given we're not in the same Division as Sevco for now.

Super_JMcGinn
01-06-2016, 12:10 AM
Too fat and too much of a bum to be Hibs boss. It's a no from me
I agree wholeheartedly, I can't get to sleep tonight with the thought of Lennon becoming our manager.

SJM
01-06-2016, 12:14 AM
Lennon would be a disaster.

Nutmegged
01-06-2016, 12:16 AM
I think he'd be a great appointment and would have Easter Road rocking

NOLA
01-06-2016, 12:59 AM
You know he is the manager of York and they got relegated out of the league?

He also started the rot at Tannadice before getting the bullet.
im sorry i was of the opinion the board sold all their good players and left him with n resourses to work with... i could be wrong.. usually am. and he took over York when it was a thankless task already.. again im probably wrong on that too

OsloHibs
01-06-2016, 01:39 AM
The bookies list is very worrying... Some of the names on there make me weep.

HoboHarry
01-06-2016, 03:22 AM
They don't have an earthly clue at this point who LD has in mind. The threads on this in general have been a hoot - barely an ounce of imagination, just the same old tired names trotted out. I have complete confidence that she will spring another rabbit out of the hat......

Matty_Jack04
01-06-2016, 05:47 AM
I'm of the thinking the bookies list so far doesn't make for good reading, I'm not sure about Lennon it's all well and good being Celtic manager they've got money to throw about look at how many poor signings he made there he won't get that chance with us just to stick the rubbish ones in the stand, he is living in Glasgow at the moment I've saw him a few times in the hotel in my area, I'd see if we could
Get delia to listen to come and listen to us I think Celtic never gave him a chance appointing his back room team for him and different ideas from a young foreign coach could help us move on, I just hope behind the scenes LD etc have been aware of what's going on so we can act quickly

Beefster
01-06-2016, 05:50 AM

The bookies know even less than most folk on here.

Just put some faith in Dempster. She didn't go for one of the usual suspects last time.

hibs#1
01-06-2016, 05:51 AM
Uwe rosler anyone?

Betty Boop
01-06-2016, 05:55 AM

No

Big L
01-06-2016, 06:07 AM
im sorry i was of the opinion the board sold all their good players and left him with n resourses to work with... i could be wrong.. usually am. and he took over York when it was a thankless task already.. again im probably wrong on that too

Jackie Mac was doing a great job until Thomson started selling their best players, why he took that York job is beyond me. He also brought in and brought through some great young players on the cheap and sold them for millions. I would not be upset if we went for him.

Brooster
01-06-2016, 06:12 AM
I cant help thinking back to the shocking quality of football Yogi had ICT playing in the recent cup ties against us.....not to mention his botched attempt the last time he was manager of Hibs. No thanks.

bingo70
01-06-2016, 06:16 AM
When henrilk Larrson was linked with the Celtic job, was that just because of his name or is he doing a good job at his club in Sweden?

makaveli1875
01-06-2016, 06:48 AM
of all the names that have been mentioned in the papers today my choice would be malky mckay

son of haggart
01-06-2016, 07:02 AM
An outside bet?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_O'Loughlin_%28football_coach%29

http://www.benefoot.net/exclusive-interview-with-sint-truidens-chris-oloughlin/

Bukta#8
01-06-2016, 07:04 AM
How about going down the foreign coach route
Rikard Norling had Malmo playing the best football I have seen any team play against us in my 40 years off attending Easter road?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-06-2016, 07:17 AM
Stubbs-esque please.

pacoluna
01-06-2016, 07:19 AM
I am going to ask if i can get a price on Steve Lomas being the new manager, Good job at Stj, never quite worked out for him down south think Hibs would be a good challenge for him to get this teeth into.

Hamish
01-06-2016, 07:21 AM
Maybe it's the fine print concerning the image rights that have stopped LD announcing the new coach.

Jones28
01-06-2016, 07:22 AM

I don't see why not to be fair. A big club with a decent nucleus of a squad. His Celtic contacts could see us going a long way to getting Henderson back either on loan or a longer term deal.

He'd be an exciting appointment that's for sure and he wouldn't be subjected to half as much of the bile he got at Celtic.

TonyStokeprano
01-06-2016, 07:26 AM
An outside bet?

Seems to be working alongside benny mccarthy who has family in edinburgh and was gaining coaching experience at hibs, could be onto something! Could also be nothing lol

makaveli1875
01-06-2016, 07:28 AM
I am going to ask if i can get a price on Steve Lomas being the new manager, Good job at Stj, never quite worked out for him down south think Hibs would be a good challenge for him to get this teeth into.

it will end up being someone like this , lomas would be a good shout . is he in a job at the moment ?

Brightside
01-06-2016, 07:29 AM
She is speaking to two people today.

bingo70
01-06-2016, 07:32 AM

What a lazy *******, I've spoken to at least 4 and it's barely even half 8.

son of haggart
01-06-2016, 07:32 AM
Seems to be working alongside benny mccarthy who has family in edinburgh and was gaining coaching experience at hibs, could be onto something! Could also be nothing lol

Yes - absolutely no inside knowledge but it just seemed to fit the Stubbs type profile, and also he seems to be out of contract (no pay off). I cam across it as we (Hearts) seem to have signed their left back

Heisenberg
01-06-2016, 07:33 AM

Steve Lomas?

pacoluna
01-06-2016, 07:37 AM
it will end up being someone like this , lomas would be a good shout . is he in a job at the moment ?

Nope last managed Millwall in 2013 after albeit a short time.

Paloschi
01-06-2016, 07:40 AM
Cant believe anyone would want Hughes back. He did well in his first season when he had the likes of Bamba, Zemmama, Stokes and Riordan but he replaced them with the likes of Gow, Duffy and Trakys. He had a nightmare in the end and started the decline. The 6-6 game sums up his time as Manager.

Paloschi
01-06-2016, 07:40 AM
Steve Lomas?

I really really hope not

The Leith Dutch
01-06-2016, 07:41 AM
he wouldn't be subjected to half as much of the bile he got at Celtic.

Given that he was assaulted by a supporter of our arch rivals and the fact that we're doing a frankly delightful job in getting The Rangers to hate us that may not be a given :greengrin

GloryGlory
01-06-2016, 07:46 AM
I really really hope not

Me neither. He did a good job with the Saintees for a wee while, but not much before or since. Been out of football for a while, which to my mind always speaks volumes.

Moulin Yarns
01-06-2016, 08:06 AM
I work in Perth, and the answer is not for me. Non football reasons.

ShadesLongThrow
01-06-2016, 08:28 AM

Andy Goram?

Caversham Green
01-06-2016, 08:32 AM

If we are going down that route I'd put forward Martin Kuhl as a candidate. Same job at Reading as Stubbs had at Everton and very highly regarded. He was caretaker here for the few weeks between Clarke and McDermott and might be up for the permanent post this time, but given the current shambles at the Madejski could well be looking elsewhere.

Of the other Reading connections:

Nigel Adkins - A bit tippy-tappy but took Southampton up to the Premiership. His relentless positivity gets a bit grating.
Steve Clarke - Definite no from me. The Hibs job is probably 'beneath him' in any case.
Brian McDermott - If we got the one that took over from Rodgers I'd be delighted but his latest stint was disappointing - maybe 5 months wasn't really enough given everything else that's been going on. Of the three I think he'd be most likely to take the Hibs job.

Thecat23
01-06-2016, 08:33 AM
Andy Goram?

That made me chuckle 😁

Brightside
01-06-2016, 08:37 AM
That made me chuckle 

If one is McCall we prob will end up with him here!

Thecat23
01-06-2016, 08:41 AM
If one is McCall we prob will end up with him here!

I honestly can't see McCall getting it.

SeanWilson
01-06-2016, 08:45 AM

For some reason, i see Leeann pulling of another coup.

talking_wiss
01-06-2016, 08:48 AM

Is that after taking a wee calf?

Colr
01-06-2016, 08:49 AM

Why's that?

Scorrie
01-06-2016, 08:51 AM
Is John Kennedy still coach at Celtic or has he left with Rodgers coming in? Apparently a very good coach but who has stated he has managerial ambitions. Would be similar in his career path to where Stubbs was...

Leitherhibs
01-06-2016, 08:56 AM
Cant believe anyone would want Hughes back. He did well in his first season when he had the likes of Bamba, Zemmama, Stokes and Riordan but he replaced them with the likes of Gow, Duffy and Trakys. He had a nightmare in the end and started the decline. The 6-6 game sums up his time as Manager.

This. Thank you for talking some sense.

McIntosh
01-06-2016, 09:01 AM
Would love to see Tommy McIntyre involved - class act on and off the pitch. Done wonders at the tic.

GreenCastle
01-06-2016, 09:11 AM
Is John Park still at Celtic ?

Geo_1875
01-06-2016, 09:13 AM

Anybody know where Jefferies and Broon are today?

Hibrandenburg
01-06-2016, 09:15 AM
What about Andy Goram? 2 managers for the price of one.

Finn2015
01-06-2016, 09:19 AM
Is John Kennedy still coach at Celtic or has he left with Rodgers coming in? Apparently a very good coach but who has stated he has managerial ambitions. Would be similar in his career path to where Stubbs was...

He has left Rodgers will bring his own team in

SeanWilson
01-06-2016, 09:21 AM
yogi slowly being backed in to fav. 6/4 - still can't see it. Only positive is he's free but Leeann sounds quite articulate, can't imagine how their catch ups would go.... 'how do you think this month has gone John'? 'well, ken, orite an that, ken, bit, ken, coulda been likesay a wee bit better in that, ken'?

MyJo
01-06-2016, 09:22 AM

Hopefully not in the club store trying on the away kit :hide:

Heisenberg
01-06-2016, 09:22 AM
There's absolutely no chance John Hughes will get the job.

GreenCastle
01-06-2016, 09:24 AM
Yogi won't come back when RP is here

Mango Man
01-06-2016, 09:28 AM

Christ, a hibee in my work mentioned Jefferies to me today, he was being serious as well!!

Imagine what a backwards step that would be, in the era of the modern manager, thankfully I could never see that happening.

scuttle
01-06-2016, 09:31 AM
Christ, a hibee in my work mentioned Jefferies to me today, he was being serious as well!!

Imagine what a backwards step that would be, in the era of the modern manager, thankfully I could never see that happening.

Behave yersel

Hibernia&Alba
01-06-2016, 09:33 AM

That's disgusting. I hope she won't stoop to that, in order to get a manager :greengrin

BigKev
01-06-2016, 09:34 AM
Neil Warnock? Applied for Inverness and Aberdeen jobs before, loves Scotland and Edinburgh.

Done a remarkable job at Rotherham last season to keep them up.

Thecat23
01-06-2016, 09:38 AM
Why's that?

Because he doesn't fit from what Leeann said after we appointed Stubbs. Unless she's changed her mind I don't think it will be any of the ones been mentioned at all.

Thecat23
01-06-2016, 09:39 AM

Wouldn't surprise me at all if she does.

Mango Man
01-06-2016, 09:41 AM
Behave yersel

eh?

I think my post is clear in what I would think of that balloon being the next manager.

The_Horde
01-06-2016, 09:53 AM
Wouldn't surprise me at all if she does.

Leeann's Rabbit.. :lips seal

Ozyhibby
01-06-2016, 09:56 AM

Kennedy is a terrible coach.

pacoluna
01-06-2016, 09:57 AM
That made me chuckle 

assistant to sally McCoist :greengrin

Heisenberg
01-06-2016, 10:01 AM
I honestly can't see why we'd go back the way and appoint John Hughes. As shown in our collapse during his tenure he was out of his depth.

Thecat23
01-06-2016, 10:07 AM
Leeann's Rabbit.. :lips seal

😂

Thecat23
01-06-2016, 10:08 AM
assistant to sally McCoist :greengrin

Makes me shudder 😫

brog
01-06-2016, 10:11 AM

I agree. Our 2 best managers in recent years (IMO) Stubbs & Mowbray, both came out of left field. Both also shared certain characteristics such as having prior experience of the Scottish game & having a non managerial ( coaching ) role at a respected English club & being popular with management & staff. For those reasons I think Gary Holt is an excellent shout & fits our profile. Mind you there's a young man who knows ER inside out, was at Cup Final with his family supporting Hibs & is doing a great job at possibly our biggest rival next season.

Billy Whizz
01-06-2016, 10:12 AM
I agree. Our 2 best managers in recent years (IMO) Stubbs & Mowbray, both came out of left field. Both also shared certain characteristics such as having prior experience of the Scottish game & having a non managerial ( coaching ) role at a respected English club & being popular with management & staff. For those reasons I think Gary Holt is an excellent shout & fits our profile. Mind you there's a young man who knows ER inside out, was at Cup Final with his family supporting Hibs & is doing a great job at possibly our biggest rival next season.
Did Leeann not empty him when she 1st joined

scuttle
01-06-2016, 10:13 AM
eh?

I think my post is clear in what I would think of that balloon being the next manager.

Meant behave yersel that a fellow Hibby would even consider that, would be like Neil Lennon getting the Rangers job one day

500miles
01-06-2016, 10:13 AM
I honestly can't see why we'd go back the way and appoint John Hughes. As shown in our collapse during his tenure he was out of his depth.

He's a much more experienced manager, with a higher level of success and has actually won things. He improved ICT when everyone only predicted inevitable decline, has had teams sold out from under him, and appears to now be able to keep a professional distance from his players.

I think timing is key for managerial appointments, and with George Craig as DOF and our head coach based system, Yogi's sport science led, team spirited style would be effective.

The goalie
01-06-2016, 10:15 AM
How about...........James McDonaugh ?

sydneyhibee
01-06-2016, 10:19 AM

Who?

brog
01-06-2016, 10:21 AM

No, the restructuring at the club which brought in George Craig etc meant he was originally offered his job on different terms. I don't want to go into personal details. By the time we got our act together & came back with a better offer he had accepted the outside job.

brog
01-06-2016, 10:22 AM
Who?

See post above yours.

pacoluna
01-06-2016, 10:23 AM

No Thanks - as much as he was praised for his role with the youth team, none of them actually made it.

silverhibee
01-06-2016, 10:24 AM
Because he doesn't fit from what Leeann said after we appointed Stubbs. Unless she's changed her mind I don't think it will be any of the ones been mentioned at all.

With you on this, Leeann has had a few weeks to look at who is available for the job, I think she will go for a young coach/manager who has already managed a team for a few seasons and is looking to move on "just like Stubbs" wouldn't surprise me if we looked abroad for our next manager.

But I would say Owen Coyle may be in with a shout.

Billy Whizz
01-06-2016, 10:28 AM
Who?

See above

Thecat23
01-06-2016, 10:30 AM
With you on this, Leeann has had a few weeks to look at who is available for the job, I think she will go for a young coach/manager who has already managed a team for a few seasons and is looking to move on "just like Stubbs" wouldn't surprise me if we looked abroad for our next manager.

But I would say Owen Coyle may be in with a shout.

Owen Coyle was the name mostly being said last night.

But like you I think it will be someone like Stubbs.

s.a.m
01-06-2016, 10:32 AM
Andy Goram?

:greengrin

CallumLaidlaw
01-06-2016, 10:33 AM
Owen Coyle was the name mostly being said last night.

But like you I think it will be someone like Stubbs.

Coyle would have been my choice, but it looks almost a certainty that he's going to Blackburn.

HibsNibs
01-06-2016, 10:34 AM
Hows about Harry Potter ? If it goes well, fine. If it goes badly, it'd be fun ripping him to shreds.

Only kidding, Owen Coyle or Steve Clarke for me.

brog
01-06-2016, 10:34 AM
No Thanks - as much as he was praised for his role with the youth team, none of them actually made it.

You don't count Hanlon & Cummings then?

FifeHibs
01-06-2016, 10:40 AM
Will the interviews take place at Easter Road or in a hotel at the airport

Mango Man
01-06-2016, 10:47 AM
Meant behave yersel that a fellow Hibby would even consider that, would be like Neil Lennon getting the Rangers job one day

aaaah, cool.

I know, I was shocked he mentioned him too, don't even know if he is still managing.

JimBHibees
01-06-2016, 10:52 AM
Will the interviews take place at Easter Road or in a hotel at the airport

Could be anywhere I think, more than likely out of the city so less chance of being seen

silverhibee
01-06-2016, 10:53 AM

Not a chance of him getting it.

silverhibee
01-06-2016, 10:56 AM

This will be the man the poster above suggested, nothing against him at all but we really need to get promoted this season and I doubt he would be the man to get us that.

supermcginn
01-06-2016, 10:58 AM

Hanlon is nearly 27 mcdonaugh had nothing to do with him and cunmings was a youth at hearts and hutchie vale!

pacoluna
01-06-2016, 11:03 AM

Maybe Hanlon, I wouldn't put Cummings emergence down to McDonaugh.

scoopyboy
01-06-2016, 11:05 AM

Brainwashed by Houston

Baldy Foghorn
01-06-2016, 11:09 AM
Brainwashed by Houston

Ideal partnership, the way they acted after the two legs was shocking.

OsloHibs
01-06-2016, 11:17 AM
I'm laughing at some of the names on here.. Some of these managers where on fortunes in England. They made more a week than hibs made in a year. Fact.

SeanWilson
01-06-2016, 11:18 AM
I'm laughing at some of the names on here.. Some of these managers where on fortunes in England. They made more a week than hibs made in a year. Fact.

can't be true, not in capitals :greengrin

brog
01-06-2016, 11:19 AM
Hanlon is nearly 27 mcdonaugh had nothing to do with him and cunmings was a youth at hearts and hutchie vale!

James McD was with PH from the age of 16 & oversaw JC's time in the Development team after his release from Yams. Do we give credit for JC's emergence to Yams? I'm not advocating J McD for manager but it's churlish & inaccurate to try & airbrush the good work he did from our history.

CropleyWasGod
01-06-2016, 11:20 AM

I make more in a week that Hibs made last year, and I'm sure you do too. :wink:

Skåne Hibs
01-06-2016, 11:20 AM
When henrilk Larrson was linked with the Celtic job, was that just because of his name or is he doing a good job at his club in Sweden?

Because of his name. IMO very average as a manager

He's managed Landskrona, Falkenburg and now Helsingborg.
He was awful for Landskrona at the end of his stay. Good for Falkenburg and average so far at Helsingborg.

He wouldn't come to us and I don't think I'd want him. When things went south at Landskrona (small club, small budget) he had no answers.

I think there has been some interesting names mentioned on here, but I do not want Yogi back.
Loved him as a player, but he was out his depth as a Manager.

I also hope Leeann remembers the Fenlon effect if they're considering taking a risk with anyone unproven in uk Football.

Bad Martini
01-06-2016, 11:25 AM
Maybe Hanlon, I wouldn't put Cummings emergence down to McDonaugh.

Really?

So he was scoring for fun in that team, played in position and scoring some absolute rakers (I seen many games myself). He was improving and that wasn't down to the help of the manager?

I recall being at Livingston one night when Fenlon was sat behind the goals with the whole stand to himself "watching"....it took him months after that to play Cummings BTW, depite Jason scoring a pile that night including one of the best overhead kicks I have ever seen anyone score at any level, from around 18 yards....unstoppable.

All that down to who then? Hearts who threw him aside? Hutchie Vale who he left long before to go to Hearts? His PE teacher? You can go back as far as you like but the team he done well with and thus broke into the Hibs team was the team McDonaugh was running.

Note: that's only to discuss the Cummings point. I DONT think McDonaugh is anywhere near the right person for the job. Im ****ed if I know who is a) available b) up to it c) not an ex-hun/yam/etc. I DO know ex-players and favourites are unlikely to be the answer. Or Butcher!

ENDOF

CapitalGreen
01-06-2016, 11:35 AM
Really?

So he was scoring for fun in that team, played in position and scoring some absolute rakers (I seen many games myself). He was improving and that wasn't down to the help of the manager?

I recall being at Livingston one night when Fenlon was sat behind the goals with the whole stand to himself "watching"....it took him months after that to play Cummings BTW, depite Jason scoring a pile that night including one of the best overhead kicks I have ever seen anyone score at any level, from around 18 yards....unstoppable.

All that down to who then? Hearts who threw him aside? Hutchie Vale who he left long before to go to Hearts? His PE teacher? You can go back as far as you like but the team he done well with and thus broke into the Hibs team was the team McDonaugh was running.

Note: that's only to discuss the Cummings point. I DONT think McDonaugh is anywhere near the right person for the job. Im ****ed if I know who is a) available b) up to it c) not an ex-hun/yam/etc. I DO know ex-players and favourites are unlikely to be the answer. Or Butcher!

ENDOF

Fenlon left 3 months into Cummings first season with Hibs. It was Butcher who gave Cummings his debut at the end of November.

Hibbyboy
01-06-2016, 11:55 AM
Hi folks. First post on here so I realise I'll be slated but have been an avid viewer for years. Only reason I'm posting today is that I work for a large hotel based in the Scottish Borders. We have a conference room booked today under Hibernian and I've seen Scott Gemmill in the hotel lobby. I may be putting 2 and 2 together to get 6 but there must be something in this. Thought I'd pass on the info and I've managed to get odds of 20/1 on Bet Victor.

Brightside
01-06-2016, 12:01 PM
Hi folks. First post on here so I realise I'll be slated but have been an avid viewer for years. Only reason I'm posting today is that I work for a large hotel based in the Scottish Borders. We have a conference room booked today under Hibernian and I've seen Scott Gemmill in the hotel lobby. I may be putting 2 and 2 together to get 6 but there must be something in this. Thought I'd pass on the info and I've managed to get odds of 20/1 on Bet Victor.

Peebles? I'd be very happy with Scott Gemill and hopefully that are just showing Yogi some courtesy.

Greenworld
01-06-2016, 12:02 PM

I just saw Harry and Rosie down the Scottish Borders your not at Peebles Hydro are you

Brightside
01-06-2016, 12:02 PM
Really?

ENDOF

Raw talent. I like James but he didn't develop JC.

Billy Whizz
01-06-2016, 12:05 PM

Not doubting you, but surprised if Hibs didn't do a booking under a recruitment company's name

Hibbyboy
01-06-2016, 12:07 PM
Peebles? I'd be very happy with Scott Gemill and hopefully that are just showing Yogi some courtesy.

I'll just leave it at Scottish Borders mate :wink:

Hibbyboy
01-06-2016, 12:09 PM
Not doubting you, but surprised if Hibs didn't do a booking under a recruitment company's name

Totally understand where you are coming from, but the club use our facilities ALOT. Everything is always simply booked under Hibernian.

LaMotta
01-06-2016, 12:16 PM
An outside bet?

more chance of you getting the job pal!

Craig_in_Prague
01-06-2016, 12:22 PM

We met John Collins there as well - which I remember posting and all these years later, still remember being ripped !

1st and last time, I posted known info.

high bee
01-06-2016, 12:32 PM
Scot Gemmill drops to 12/1 on the back of that post. 😂

SeanWilson
01-06-2016, 12:34 PM
Scot Gemmill drops to 12/1 on the back of that post. 

he wasn't even available on skybet 10 mins ago lol

CapitalGreen
01-06-2016, 12:38 PM

And the poster will cash out a tidy wee sum for 5 minutes work.

high bee
01-06-2016, 12:40 PM

8/1 now, I was limited to £10 @ 20/1.

SeanWilson
01-06-2016, 12:41 PM
8/1 now, I was limited to £10 @ 20/1.

who with? not even on skybet list?

high bee
01-06-2016, 12:41 PM
who with? not even on skybet list?

BetVictor, no cash out option though.

JeMeSouviens
01-06-2016, 12:43 PM
It has to be said, Scott Gemmill ticks most of the boxes in the Dempster template: articulate, ambitious guy with a strong background in coaching focussed on youth development, looking for his first major role in charge of a club. Pretty much where Stubbs was 2 years ago.

son of haggart
01-06-2016, 12:44 PM
more chance of you getting the job pal!

Don't think it would be wise to give me the Hibs job - I think the pitchfork brigade would be on the march on the first day. Just thought he had an interesting cv and the interview suggested he was articulate, intelligent and ambitious. Big risk though..

SeanWilson
01-06-2016, 12:44 PM
BetVictor, no cash out option though.

thank you mate

stuart01
01-06-2016, 12:46 PM
Is that after taking a wee calf?

What a load of bull.........udderly terrible

SeanWilson
01-06-2016, 12:46 PM
gemmill been back in to 2/1 from hibs.net :faf::faf::faf:

BroxburnHibee
01-06-2016, 12:48 PM
gemmill been back in to 2/1 from hibs.net :faf::faf::faf:

Yep job done.

Anyone remember Ryehill Avenue???

bingo70
01-06-2016, 12:50 PM
Yep job done.

Anyone remember Ryehill Avenue???

Why would it be job done? What am I missing here?

Sure he was interviewed last time so would appear to make sense if he impressed before?

LustForLeith
01-06-2016, 12:56 PM
There used to be loads of betting stuff on Merseyside about managers. At one point when he was in charge of Liverpool Benitez was said to be leaving. Didn't turn up for training. All of a sudden a flurry of bets went on him being the next manager to leave until bookies stopped taking bets. Then people would lay him (snarf snarf) to be next manager to leave. Bentiez never left and those who laid him made a fortune. I think the reason he wasn't at training was he had a cold and was instructed to stay away. Same thing happened with Moyes at Everton at one point. Love a wee betting coup like that!

QMU-1875
01-06-2016, 01:01 PM
Got a text from a mate that plays for Swansea (dont ask who he could get in trouble), there coach Dave Adams really popular with a lot of the players especially the younger lads has texted a few of them suggesting hes about to make a big move and finished it with that wee (NG) green and white flag. Screenshot was sent to me could be on his way up, interesting as would fit the Alan Stubbs "promising coach" type mould. Dont shoot the messenger just passing on info!

E10 Rifle
01-06-2016, 01:03 PM
There used to be loads of betting stuff on Merseyside about managers. At one point when he was in charge of Liverpool Benitez was said to be leaving. Didn't turn up for training. All of a sudden a flurry of bets went on him being the next manager to leave until bookies stopped taking bets. Then people would lay him (snarf snarf) to be next manager to leave. Bentiez never left and those who laid him made a fortune. I think the reason he wasn't at training was he had a cold and was instructed to stay away. Same thing happened with Moyes at Everton at one point. Love a wee betting coup like that!

Harry Redknapp played the odds over his move from Portsmouth to Southampton too. His game was to deny, deny and then deny again until the odds lengthened enough, he then gave the nod to his chums who lumped quick cash on him to take it at which point he said 'Ok I'll take the job...' No wonder all the reporters love him!

Bostonhibby
01-06-2016, 01:06 PM
Maybe it's the fine print concerning the image rights that have stopped LD announcing the new coach.
Hope so that means it won't be Steve Evans.

CallumLaidlaw
01-06-2016, 01:06 PM
Got a text from a mate that plays for Swansea (dont ask who he could get in trouble), there coach Dave Adams really popular with a lot of the players especially the younger lads has texted a few of them suggesting hes about to make a big move and finished it with that wee (NG) green and white flag. Screenshot was sent to me could be on his way up, interesting as would fit the Alan Stubbs "promising coach" type mould. Dont shoot the messenger just passing on info!

Certainly sounds the part - http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/unknown-swansea-city-coach-who-10669513