PDA

View Full Version : Next hibs manager

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

Green Reaper
30-05-2016, 09:17 PM
Think the first decision has to be whether we go for another inexperienced guy, and hope he is good enough tactically, or go for an experienced, maybe seen as unexiting, guy with the better tactical knowledge

pacoluna
30-05-2016, 09:20 PM
If yogi hadn't had a spell here before in management he would be an absolute stick on, unbelievable job at falkirk, ICT and done a decent job with hartlepool, livingston and ourselves.

He would be my choice.

Hi Heid Yin
30-05-2016, 09:20 PM
I'm starting to feel nostalgic about Alan Stubbs already.
It's too close to one of the greatest days we have all experienced and this thread seems so surreal.......understandable, but surreal all the same.

For what it's worth, I do like the idea of Yogi returning. If he could also get us a centre back in his own mould even better!

Michael
30-05-2016, 09:24 PM
Owen Coyle........family live down south and by all account he want to be with them
Alex McLeish.......Appetite for the job?
John Hughes.......Possibly
Jackie McNamara...another possible
Paul Lambert.........would we be right for him
Steve Clark...........would we keep him for even two years
Billy Davies............difficult yo work with by all accounts
Stuart McCall........favourite for the gig

McCall might be an OK appointment...but I'm not sure.

John Hughes and Jackie McNamara have proven at Hibs and DU, respectively, that they are not good enough.

The rest are all finished.

Sir David Gray
30-05-2016, 09:28 PM
Few folk have mentioned Alex Neil if he was available. Would be a good shout!

We're possibly about to lose our current manager to a team that's struggling near the bottom of the Championship so I would say that it's unlikely we'll be able to entice a manager who's currently at a club that will be hoping to get promoted from the Championship next season.

ryan cass
30-05-2016, 09:29 PM
there's only one man for the job and thats Yogi but RP needs to give him the time and respect this time round

Give him the time as ICT did and look what he can achieve. Had no budget... Got ICT into Europe, always plays the right way, he lost 8 players last summer and still finished 5th (on points) in SPL. He's had more success than Stubbs over the last 2 seasons and everyone has been raving about him so why not Yogi???

The issue we may have is an English club beat us to it for his signature! Its a no brainer... GET YOGI BACK!! GGTTH

#STOKESYSONFIREYOURDEFENSEISTERRIFIED :flag:

Steviethebear
30-05-2016, 09:37 PM
Dougie Freedman 🙃 why are we looking backwards instead of forwards, we won't employ a previous manager won't happen

KWJ
30-05-2016, 09:39 PM
I mind shortly before Yogi left last time the whole board apart from me and blackpool hibs wanted him out.

That said the Maribor game with Colin Nish up front with Stokes and Riordan on the bench was hard to defend.

FifeHibs
30-05-2016, 09:42 PM
Although it would never happen imagine Di Canio

Thecat23
30-05-2016, 09:47 PM
Yogi, John Collins etc won't be in contention in my opinion. Leeann wants fresh ideas with a Stubbs like coach so that would rule them out. Ian Cathro may be a shout.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
30-05-2016, 09:48 PM
Clarkey! Clarkey
Clarkey! Clarkey
Clarkey! Clarkey

greenpaper55
30-05-2016, 09:49 PM
It would never be Hughes, the place was a shambles the last time he was here, by all accounts training was just letting the player erse about.

Gordy M
30-05-2016, 09:49 PM
I think any new manager will be of a similar ilk to Stubbs. I think he will be highly thought of, young ambitious and possibly an under 21/assist manager somewhere. Im sure it was mentioned that hibs were trying to follow the southamlton/swansea model where changing the manager wouldnt cause to much upheaval?

Eyrie
30-05-2016, 09:52 PM
Although it would never happen imagine Di Canio

A dream pairing with Malky Mackay :stirrer:

I think McCall would be the best bet to get us promoted, but I'm intrigued by the idea of Cathro.

Not interested in Davies, McNamara or Hughes, and GJP can GTF.

Vault Boy
30-05-2016, 09:54 PM
Few folk have mentioned Alex Neil if he was available. Would be a good shout!

Rate him too, but I think there's no chance.

Nicho87
30-05-2016, 09:56 PM
McLeish.

pacoluna
30-05-2016, 09:57 PM
I think any new manager will be of a similar ilk to Stubbs. I think he will be highly thought of, young ambitious and possibly an under 21/assist manager somewhere. Im sure it was mentioned that hibs were trying to follow the southamlton/swansea model where changing the manager wouldnt cause to much upheaval?

What a similar manager that lacks experience, when that's exactly what we need to get out this league, stubbs is a hero however domestically he has a lot to learn he has taking 2years and not got us up, I would be confident he would get us promoted 3rd time, however I wouldn't be willing to go for the same kind of appointment if he goes if it means another two years in this league due to inexperience.

Gordy M
30-05-2016, 10:01 PM
What a similar manager that lacks experience, when that's exactly what we need to get out this league, stubbs is a hero however domestically he has a lot to learn.

Not saying thats what i think we need, i just think thats what we will go for.

HoboHarry
30-05-2016, 10:03 PM
What a similar manager that lacks experience, when that's exactly what we need to get out this league, stubbs is a hero however domestically he has a lot to learn he has taking 2years and not got us up, I would be confident he would get us promoted 3rd time, however I wouldn't be willing to go for the same kind of appointment if he goes if it means another two years in this league due to inexperience.
Aye it worked a treat the last time we got an experienced guy right enough......

killie-hibby
30-05-2016, 10:07 PM
Owen Coyle........family live down south and by all account he want to be with them
Alex McLeish.......Appetite for the job?
John Hughes.......Possibly
Jackie McNamara...another possible
Paul Lambert.........would we be right for him
Steve Clark...........would we keep him for even two years
Billy Davies............difficult yo work with by all accounts
Stuart McCall........favourite for the gig

Paul Lambert,yes. The others ,no.
My preference would be Michael O'Neill. He's on a very good contract with NI, so highly unlikely he would try again for the Hibs job.
If we could ignore, and he disowned his past associations and snide remarks about Hibs, Peter Houston would be a possibility.

Eyrie
30-05-2016, 10:09 PM
My preference would be Michael O'Neill. He's on a very good contract with NI, so highly unlikely he would try again for the Hibs job.
If we could ignore, and he disowned his past associations and snide remarks about Hibs, Peter Houston would be a possibility.

We couldn't, because being a tosser is too deeply ingrained in Houston.

rcarter1
30-05-2016, 10:10 PM
there's only one man for the job and thats Yogi but RP needs to give him the time and respect this time round

Give him the time as ICT did and look what he can achieve. Had no budget... Got ICT into Europe, always plays the right way, he lost 8 players last summer and still finished 5th (on points) in SPL. He's had more success than Stubbs over the last 2 seasons and everyone has been raving about him so why not Yogi???

The issue we may have is an English club beat us to it for his signature! Its a no brainer... GET YOGI BACK!! GGTTH

If Yogi can explain in writing why his Hibs team fell apart at the end of the season he finished fourth, with a full acceptance that the balance was all wrong, and was completely reliant on one man (Stokes), with an appendix dedicated to explaining how to score goals in the Championship, then Id say he has got the attributes and desire to be Hibs manager (all IF Stubbs leaves).

high bee
30-05-2016, 10:11 PM
Aye it worked a treat the last time we got an experienced guy right enough......

All the warning signs were there when we signed Butcher though. There were plenty to point out his awful career outside of ICT. It's a huge appointment, no room for error on this one.

I'd rather we had a short term view for this one, then give a promising coach a chance to build something, if Stubbs had arrived a year later and we were in the premiership we would've been up there in the mixer IMO.

JimboHibs
30-05-2016, 10:14 PM
Absolutely no inside knowledge but I also am not convinced that Stubbs will see Rotherham as the right step in his career. Apart from earning more money on just don't see it as a great move. I could understand him going to an English Championship team challenging for promotion but does he fancy an inevitable relegation battle next season or Europe, winning promotion and having a shot at the cups again next year with Hibs?

Totally agree he'll no be leaving.

The Green Goblin
30-05-2016, 10:18 PM
Has Stubbs left Hibs? It seems as if he has, judging by the last million posts with new managers' names getting chucked about like confetti at a wedding here on the board. But I haven't read that he has left us yet. He might leave, sure, but he hasn't left left Hibs yet. Just saying, or is that just me? It's just me, isn't it? :confused:

Andy74
30-05-2016, 10:18 PM
If Yogi can explain in writing why his Hibs team fell apart at the end of the season he finished fourth, with a full acceptance that the balance was all wrong, and was completely reliant on one man (Stokes), with an appendix dedicated to explaining how to score goals in the Championship, then Id say he has got the attributes and desire to be Hibs manager (all IF Stubbs leaves).

We had Stack, McBride, Zemmama injured. The pitches that year were also the worst I can recall and we lacked another option when we couldn't play football.

I doubt we will be going back the way but the slump under Hughes had its reasons.

blaikie
30-05-2016, 10:21 PM
Jimmy Calderwood .... I'm sure he would get us promoted easily but he isn't the big name to draw the crowds in.

Hibbyradge
30-05-2016, 10:23 PM
I mind shortly before Yogi left last time the whole board apart from me and blackpool hibs wanted him out.

That said the Maribor game with Colin Nish up front with Stokes and Riordan on the bench was hard to defend.

Not so, sir.

I've defended every manager to the last.

Until Butcher that is.

tamig
30-05-2016, 10:24 PM

I don't think the ICT fans were raving about him. Turgid possession football with the ball being played back and forth along their own 18 yard line. Sounds like his last 6 months or so here.

Sir David Gray
30-05-2016, 10:25 PM

He really wouldn't be.

I would have to consider my attendance next season if Houston was appointed and I've already got my season ticket!

Thankfully there's no chance of him being approached.

Vault Boy
30-05-2016, 10:25 PM
Has Stubbs left Hibs? It seems as if he has, judging by the last million posts with new managers' names getting chucked about like confetti at a wedding here on the board. But I haven't read that he has left us yet. He might leave, sure, but he hasn't left left Hibs yet. Just saying, or is that just me? It's just me, isn't it? :confused:

You're right, but I don't see anything wrong with people speculating over a replacement when it looks like a foregone conclusion that Stubbs is on his way out. It doesn't do any harm, particularly when a great number of people are preempting their guesses with 'Stubbs is the preferred option.'

Andy74
30-05-2016, 10:26 PM
Not so, sir.

I've defended every manager to the last.

Until Butcher that is.

I think Blackpool had given up long before me!

JimboHibs
30-05-2016, 10:29 PM
You're right, but I don't see anything wrong with people speculating over a replacement when it looks like a foregone conclusion that Stubbs is on his way out. It doesn't do any harm, particularly when a great number of people are preempting their guesses with 'Stubbs is the preferred option.'

It's hardly a foregone conclusion he's gone though ??

McIntosh
30-05-2016, 10:31 PM
Whoever it is they have a hard act to follow - they are replacing a legend

Vault Boy
30-05-2016, 10:32 PM

I said it looks like one, which I would argue it does given the club was rejecting the offer until Alan himself asked for permission. I'd be very surprised if he doesn't leave, happily surprised at that. Still, discussing the potential replacement of a manager who has requested permission to speak to another club is completely understandable.

stantonhibby
30-05-2016, 10:33 PM
We had Stack, McBride, Zemmama injured. The pitches that year were also the worst I can recall and we lacked another option when we couldn't play football.

I doubt we will be going back the way but the slump under Hughes had its reasons.

As did the slump (league only) under Stubbs.

Nemo
30-05-2016, 10:34 PM
it's Jackie McNamara 100%

Dunbar Hibee
30-05-2016, 10:35 PM

I really ****ing hope not

Hibbyradge
30-05-2016, 10:37 PM

Yep. Get York relegated out of the English league one month, get a top Scottish job the next.

He's a stick on.

JimboHibs
30-05-2016, 10:37 PM
I said it looks like one, which I would argue it does given the club was rejecting the offer until Alan himself asked for permission. I'd be very surprised if he doesn't leave, happily surprised at that. Still, discussing the potential replacement of a manager who has requested permission to speak to another club is completely understandable.

Of course we would reject any advances from clubs and equally Stubbs would request permission to hear what any suitors have to say ....that's all that's happened nothing more.That hardly amounts to a foregone conclusion he's gone lol

killie-hibby
30-05-2016, 10:39 PM
He really wouldn't be.

I would have to consider my attendance next season if Houston was appointed and I've already got my season ticket!

Thankfully there's no chance of him being approached.

Reading between the lines it seems you dont believe in rehabilitation. Thats OK.

Hibs need to win the championship and it is my opinion he would do a much better job than most of the deadwood mentioned on this thread.

rcarter1
30-05-2016, 10:49 PM

Im not sure the pitches can really explain why we were getting humped (4-0,5-1 spring to mind) by St Johnstone and Hamilton towards the end. I went to a few games early in that season, and listened to the rest on radio. For most of that season - right from the get go - we were regularly dominated by the opposition, with Stokes getting the goals we needed to build up the impressive points haul that we managed to achieve. In short, there were signs all the way through that : apart from Stokes, the team was actually one of the worst teams in that league. Yogi shook his head in disbelief when the wheels fell off. I'd be delighted to have Yogi back - but only if he had the ability to look back objectively at the weaknesses of that team - with the knowledge therefore to prevent a similar mess.

Hibbyradge
30-05-2016, 10:51 PM
McLeish won't be anywhere near the short list.

His disparaging remarks on Sky Sports will see to that. GJP.

Vault Boy
30-05-2016, 10:53 PM
Of course we would reject any advances from clubs and equally Stubbs would request permission to hear what any suitors have to say ....that's all that's happened nothing more.That hardly amounts to a foregone conclusion he's gone lol

Hibernian giving permission to another club for them to speak to Stubbs on an official basis after a meeting with the man himself is quite a big step, so yeah that's 'all that has happened', but it really does appear to be a foregone conclusion - again, not saying it is definitively, but it seems to be the case. Alongside the journos who have said they've heard it's going to happen, the bookies odds and the job being publicly stated as Alan's if he wants it, I'm not sure how it can be seen as untoward to speculate over a new manager.

Sevenil73
30-05-2016, 10:55 PM
Just saying , he's done a great job at the Pars

Nutmegged
30-05-2016, 10:59 PM
I'd love to see big Eck back, I really would, I loved our swagger under him, he really toughened us up and brought some fine players, the question is does he have the apetite for it? I'd question whether he has a future anywhere else, I don't really see him managing anywhere else in England, I don't think the demand is there for him so if really wants another go at management I think Scotland is his answer.

He'll never get the Celtic job so IMO it's only Sevco, Aberdeen or us that he could do that with, I think if they moved back to Scotland he'd want to stay in Glasgow so I'd guess that rules out Aberdeen.

Sevco don't need a manager so by process of elimination I actually think Hibs could be in with a shout.

Toldo123
30-05-2016, 10:59 PM
I agree. Not sure Rotherham is his preferred destination but if anything all this media coverage will get it out there that he is very much open to a move. I could be wrong but I think it is more of a 50/50 than a lot of us think.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

steakbake
30-05-2016, 11:05 PM
I'd love to see big Eck back, I really would, I loved our swagger under him, he really toughened us up and brought some fine players, the question is does he have the apetite for it? I'd question whether he has a future anywhere else, I don't really see him managing anywhere else in England, I don't think the demand is there for him so if really wants another go at management I think Scotland is his answer.

He'll never get the Celtic job so IMO it's only Sevco, Aberdeen or us that he could do that with, I think if they moved back to Scotland he'd want to stay in Glasgow so I'd guess that rules out Aberdeen.

Sevco don't need a manager so by process of elimination I actually think Hibs could be in with a shout.

At least, Sevco don't need a manager officially at the moment... But he respectfully magicked himself off on holiday immediately after the cup final, without unveiling their marquee signing or sitting down to sort out his new contract...

I've a feeling they'll be looking for a new manager soon enough.

JimboHibs
30-05-2016, 11:09 PM
Hibernian giving permission to another club for them to speak to Stubbs on an official basis after a meeting with the man himself is quite a big step, so yeah that's 'all that has happened', but it really does appear to be a foregone conclusion - again, not saying it is definitively, but it seems to be the case. Alongside the journos who have said they've heard it's going to happen, the bookies odds and the job being publicly stated as Alan's if he wants it, I'm not sure how it can be seen as untoward to speculate over a new manager.

So your saying its inevitable hes going to Rotherham based on the evidence he requested permission to talk to them/bookies odds/journos etc
grab the 1/10 available free cash if its a foregone conclusion.

Vault Boy
30-05-2016, 11:14 PM
So your saying its inevitable hes going to Rotherham based on the evidence he requested permission to talk to them/bookies odds/journos etc

This is getting difficult now... No, I'm still not saying that. I said it looks that way, not that it definitely is the case. The evidence is pointing that direction, that's it. I hope it all comes to nothing and Alan stays. With what has been released, it's completely reasonable for fans to speculate over a new manager.

JimboHibs
30-05-2016, 11:18 PM
This is getting difficult now... No, I'm still not saying that. I said it looks that way, not that it definitely is the case. The evidence is pointing that direction, that's it. I hope it all comes to nothing and Alan stays. With what has been released, it's completely reasonable for fans to speculate over a new manager.

Ahhh so it's not a foregone conclusion ;)

Vault Boy
30-05-2016, 11:21 PM

No, and I never said it was, which is my point. :greengrin

Either way, Hibs are Scottish Cup champions. That was a foregone conclusion when we got the Rangers in the final.

Hibbyradge
30-05-2016, 11:29 PM

I think it is.

I'll be amazed if he stays and if he does, the fans will know that it won't be long until he does go and that won't be a pleasant situation.

If he wanted to stay, I'd happily keep him, but he's understandably ambitious so I think it's best if he goes now.

He's a Hibs legend and he's partly responsible for the best football day of my life. He goes with my respect and my best wishes.

hibeedonald
30-05-2016, 11:30 PM
Really don't like the guy but I think Houston would be a good a appointment. 4th twice with Dundee United and did well with Falkirk. Knows this league well.

Paisley Hibby
30-05-2016, 11:31 PM

Hi Yogi!! 😂

HibbiesandtheBaddies
30-05-2016, 11:32 PM

Look on the bright side. It's an opportunity to appoint someone to get us out the 2nd tier of Scottish football.

mjhibby
30-05-2016, 11:46 PM

Is it just me or is Yogi resigning at caley and Stubbs speaking to Rotherham a coincidence. Just saying.

mjhibby
30-05-2016, 11:47 PM

Michael O'Neil or Billy Davies for me. No doubt it will be someone in nobody's list.

ShinyFantastic
30-05-2016, 11:56 PM
Really don't like the guy but I think Houston would be a good a appointment. 4th twice with Dundee United and did well with Falkirk. Knows this league well.

God help us all....

Hibby Bairn
31-05-2016, 01:28 AM
I'd like us to at least consider Austin McPhee.

Forza Fred
31-05-2016, 01:41 AM
Does anyone know who was interviewed along with Stubb's back when he was appointed?

That can sometimes be an indicator....apparently Stubb's was second choice for Rotherham when he was interviewed back in October.....

macd123
31-05-2016, 01:48 AM
I don't think we should be looking at ex managers. It never seems to work 2nd time round. But how about one of the following?

Darren Ferguson
Steve Clarke
Alan Irvine
Duncan Ferguson
Billy McKinlay

KDY Hibs
31-05-2016, 06:10 AM
Mowbray

Hibby Kay-Yay
31-05-2016, 06:11 AM
The salary that Stubbs will be offered will be huge compared to what he's on now. Another factor to think about which I'm not sure has been mentioned.

The Dunfermline manager is a good shout.

Steve-O
31-05-2016, 06:12 AM

Knows how not to get promoted and how to be a fud. No from me.

pacoluna
31-05-2016, 06:24 AM
Whoever it is they have a hard act to follow - they are replacing a legend

Not really, all they would need to to do is gain promotion.

easty
31-05-2016, 06:28 AM

Based on what? I had to look him up, but he's not done anything that makes me think he'd be a good appointment.

bob12345
31-05-2016, 06:35 AM
Based on what? I had to look him up, but he's not done anything that makes me think he'd be a good appointment.

Would bring a lot to any club innovation-wise but don't think the first team manager role is right.

KeithTheHibby
31-05-2016, 06:43 AM

Rather have Nanny McPhee.

high bee
31-05-2016, 06:49 AM

Might get discount on trips to La Manga using his travel company.

Doubt he would come to us, he used to coach at Cupar Hearts.

flash
31-05-2016, 07:25 AM

Am sure my dad used to drive one of them.

eastmainsmsh
31-05-2016, 07:27 AM
I'm wanting Malky mackay the day lol

Or Jackie McNamara the morn depending on the weather

easty
31-05-2016, 07:41 AM
I'm wanting Malky mackay the day lol

Or Jackie McNamara the morn depending on the weather

It'd have to be gloomy, and depressing as ****, tomorrow for me to think MacNamara would be a good appointment.

Weststandwanab
31-05-2016, 08:05 AM

More chance of Peter Pan getting that gig.

I don't think we should be looking at ex managers. It never seems to work 2nd time round. But how about one of the following?

Darren Ferguson
Steve Clarke
Alan Irvine
Duncan Ferguson
Billy McKinlay

None of the above for me.

Mowbray

I would rather have Peter Houston.

Greencore
31-05-2016, 08:11 AM
Anyone mentioned Jimmy Calderwood yet?

JeMeSouviens
31-05-2016, 08:13 AM

Was it not more the lack of (OOH!) Zemamma that killed that team?

WoreTheGreen
31-05-2016, 08:14 AM
Anyone mentioned Jimmy Calderwood yet?

Would rather have Jimmy Crankie

RMQ1967
31-05-2016, 08:15 AM
James Fowler

keep the faith
31-05-2016, 08:17 AM
More chance of Peter Pan getting that gig.

None of the above for me.

I would rather have Peter Houston.

You would rather have Peter Houston manage us over Tony Mowbray?????

Really??

The_Horde
31-05-2016, 08:18 AM
How come nobody is ever after Jobbie Neilson?

bingo70
31-05-2016, 08:18 AM

He's a hearts ****

The_Horde
31-05-2016, 08:20 AM
He's a hearts ****

For the record. I meant other teams, not us..

KDY Hibs
31-05-2016, 08:22 AM
Would rather have shefki kuqi on a player/manager deal than houston

bingo70
31-05-2016, 08:24 AM
For the record. I meant other teams, not us..

Same rule applies.

In all seriousness though he doesn't have a reputation down south, he was a nothing player down there, don't think he did any coaching down there and don't really think he's got any association with anybody down there.

I also think his public perception is terrible as nobody can make out what the mumbling tramp ever says. There's probably also a feeling he's not doing it on his own and there's a lot of influence from Craig Levein.

calumhibee1
31-05-2016, 08:24 AM

I also wonder that. Stubbs has failed twice to get us promoted with a better squad than the one that absolutely strolled the league for Hearts. Then they've ran away with third and still nobody is interested.

pacoluna
31-05-2016, 08:28 AM

Or Alan archibald, Paul Hartley, yogi or peter houston who domestically have been more impressive plus have a lot more experience.

SeanWilson
31-05-2016, 08:28 AM
I also wonder that. Stubbs has failed twice to get us promoted with a better squad than the one that absolutely strolled the league for Hearts. Then they've ran away with third and still nobody is interested.

Stubbs had a great playing career, including big teams down south
Stubbs is a media darling who talks the talk for them
Stubbs learned his trade at Everton in an absolutely supperb set up bringing through players such as Wayne Rooney
Stubbs just done what no other manager done with hibs in 114

Neilson is a yam, who looks like an extra from trainspotting.

JeMeSouviens
31-05-2016, 08:31 AM

Because everyone thinks it's really Levein with Neilson as front man. Obviously with that Captain Caveman charisma you can see why. :rolleyes:

Levein has admitted in interviews he was too thin skinned to be a manager. He never got over the total slagging he got for the 4-6-0 in Prague. :dummytit:

Moulin Yarns

Not just you I said the same. Imagine Alan Stubbs looking at this forum and thinking, I've not left and already the fans have filled my seat.

BOB MARLEYS DUG

Because it's Levein who pulls the strings :wink:

E10 Rifle
31-05-2016, 08:33 AM
The salary that Stubbs will be offered will be huge compared to what he's on now. Another factor to think about which I'm not sure has been mentioned.

The Dunfermline manager is a good shout.

Would you have the stomach for Sandy Clark as his assistant though?

pacoluna
31-05-2016, 08:36 AM
Not just you I said the same. Imagine Alan Stubbs looking at this forum and thinking, I've not left and already the fans have filled my seat.

This forum doesn't represent Hibs fans as a whole, It's a forum. Its obvious that this topic would be being discussed

high bee
31-05-2016, 08:42 AM

Surely he would understand why we are discussing it seeing as he is away discussing another job offer?

jacomo
31-05-2016, 08:45 AM

Yeah but we all know how football works.

Stubbs has asked to speak to another club about their vacancy... If he decides to stay at Hibs after this, his authority will undoubtedly be eroded a little. Potential targets will be more doubtful about moving here, while the existing squad will think it's only a matter of time before he goes.

pacoluna
31-05-2016, 09:01 AM
Graham Potter is a young manager who has done miracles at Ostersunds FK, He knows all about promotion having lead them from 4th tier to the allsvenskan top flight. Billy reid is his assistant who done a decent job at Hamilton.

SJM
31-05-2016, 09:31 AM
Graham Potter is a young manager who has done miracles at Ostersunds FK, He knows all about promotion having lead them from 4th tier to the allsvenskan top flight. Billy reid is his assistant who done a decent job at Hamilton.

Mental to think Reid turned down Swansea.

Paloschi
31-05-2016, 09:31 AM
Always thought Chris Powell would be a good fit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Powell

If not I would like to see us look at Stuart McCall or Ian Cathro.

Moulin Yarns
31-05-2016, 09:49 AM
This forum doesn't represent Hibs fans as a whole, It's a forum. Its obvious that this topic would be being discussed

Surely he would understand why we are discussing it seeing as he is away discussing another job offer?

Yeah but we all know how football works.

Stubbs has asked to speak to another club about their vacancy... If he decides to stay at Hibs after this, his authority will undoubtedly be eroded a little. Potential targets will be more doubtful about moving here, while the existing squad will think it's only a matter of time before he goes.

Let me get this right, you are all saying that nobody posted anything about the names they wanted to replace Alan Stubbs until last night, after it was announced Rotherham had been given permission to speak to him.

No didn't think so. Let's take a bit of Mark Warburton's warblings, and say how about respectfully not speaking about other people you want as manager while we have a good manager in place. It is disrespectful.

The Green Goblin
31-05-2016, 09:57 AM

No, and I never said it was, which is my point. :greengrin

Either way, Hibs are Scottish Cup champions. That was a foregone conclusion when we got the Rangers in the final.

What a wee stooshie in a tea cup I have caused here...

I am not suggesting there is anything "untoward" about speculating. The point I was trying to make, and which I think Golden Fleece gets...

Let me get this right, you are all saying that nobody posted anything about the names they wanted to replace Alan Stubbs until last night, after it was announced Rotherham had been given permission to speak to him.

No didn't think so. Let's take a bit of Mark Warburton's warblings, and say how about respectfully not speaking about other people you want as manager while we have a good manager in place. It is disrespectful.

...is that this has moved to a point beyond speculation and people are now treating Stubbs' departure as a .net FACT, when actually he is still our manager. That's all. :aok:

greenlex
31-05-2016, 09:57 AM

AyeStubbs probably looked in here saw our ramblings and decided he wanted to talk to Rotherham.

jacomo
31-05-2016, 09:59 AM

Yesterday I said the same thing.

Then the club confirmed the rumours were true. Stubbs is considering his future away from this club. I'd like him to stay but it seems he thinks different, so no wonder fans are now discussing who they would like as his replacement.

Moulin Yarns
31-05-2016, 10:01 AM
AyeStubbs probably looked in here saw our ramblings and decided he wanted to talk to Rotherham.

I know I would if I had been him, especially in the week before the cup final when a seemingly large number of posters wanted rid.

Moulin Yarns
31-05-2016, 10:05 AM
Yesterday I said the same thing.

Then the club confirmed the rumours were true. Stubbs is considering his future away from this club. I'd like him to stay but it seems he thinks different, so no wonder fans are now discussing who they would like as his replacement.

But all the speculation started on Thursday morning, before it was confirmed that he was given permission to talk to Rotherham.

Disrespectful.

Andy74
31-05-2016, 10:08 AM
But all the speculation started on Thursday morning, before it was confirmed that he was given permission to talk to Rotherham.

Disrespectful.

Away. It's fans discussion. In the background the sensitive soul has been asking to speak to them.

I gave up caring about what anyone in football thinks or feels a long time ago. We are last thing on their minds.

pacoluna
31-05-2016, 10:08 AM
I know I would if I had been him, especially in the week before the cup final when a seemingly large number of posters wanted rid.
I would like to think he is made of sterner stuff. Once again this forum does not represent majority of hibs supporters.

The_Horde
31-05-2016, 10:13 AM
I've seen many a hibs legend end their hibs careers in a haze. I don't want Stubbsy to do that, so he leaves now as a total legend. Whilst I'll be sad to see him go, I think we can replace him. There are plenty of managers out there capable of doing so and in Dempster we definitely have the right person to find him.

If he stays, that's good too and shows how brave and determined he is. Mon the Hibs :thumbsup:

Thecat23
31-05-2016, 10:18 AM
Away. It's fans discussion. In the background the sensitive soul has been asking to speak to them.

I gave up caring about what anyone in football thinks or feels a long time ago. We are last thing on their minds.

Andy we seem to be agreeing on a lot lately, this can't continue! 😁

You are correct though, when it comes to players or managers 99% will better themselves for the sake of family. I've no problem at all with anyone leaving to make more money because if he failed to gain promotion then no one will touch him.

Suppose the other side is if he won is the league he'd maybe get a better job!! But it's all about the now in football.

dp00
31-05-2016, 10:21 AM
Neil Lennon ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nellio
31-05-2016, 10:22 AM
Always thought Chris Powell would be a good fit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Powell

If not I would like to see us look at Stuart McCall or Ian Cathro.

Powell has just been appointed assistant at Derby with Pearson.

Thecat23
31-05-2016, 10:23 AM
Neil Lennon ???

I don't think Hibs could afford him but I'd take him. In all honesty I would have a lot of the ones suggested as I don't care who they have played for or managed before. I just wouldn't want a former manager like Yogi or Mixu. We need to move forward not back the way.

matty_f
31-05-2016, 10:25 AM
I think we need someone that ticks the same boxes as Stubbs - background at a top club so knows the standards that need to be set and met, media friendly, ambitious with a winning mentality, plays an expansive attacking game, happy to work with young players, puts an emphasis on getting a good team spirit through good man-management. Has a profile beyond Scotland.

Auckland Hibs
31-05-2016, 10:25 AM
Neil Lennon ???

Nooooooooooo!

Could only be worse if it was Paul Hartley.

andrew70
31-05-2016, 10:27 AM
Neil Lennon ???

In a heartbeat. Wouldn't be universally welcomed I know but he's a winner and that's the attitude we need next season.

I doubt we could attract him but he needs to get back in the game after the Bolton gig which for a number of reasons never worked out for him.

greenlex
31-05-2016, 10:27 AM
Andy we seem to be agreeing on a lot lately, this can't continue! 

You are correct though, when it comes to players or managers 99% will better themselves for the sake of family. I've no problem at all with anyone leaving to make more money because if he failed to gain promotion then no one will touch him.

Suppose the other side is if he won is the league he'd maybe get a better job!! But it's all about the now in football.you are spot on Cat. it is about the now. The other side of Stubbs coin is he fails at the third time to gain promotion and his football stock slides. he is right to be looking at his options and as a club we should be expecting it.

Thecat23
31-05-2016, 10:30 AM
you are spot on Cat. it is about the now. The other side of Stubbs coin is he fails at the third time to gain promotion and his football stock slides. he is right to be looking at his options and as a club we should be expecting it.

Yeah he'd be crazy not to speak to them and see what they have to offer. The English Championship is a huge league to play in. It's not great for us but that's football and managers will always come and go.

Onion
31-05-2016, 10:30 AM
I've seen many a hibs legend end their hibs careers in a haze. I don't want Stubbsy to do that, so he leaves now as a total legend. Whilst I'll be sad to see him go, I think we can replace him. There are plenty of managers out there capable of doing so and in Dempster we definitely have the right person to find him.

If he stays, that's good too and shows how brave and determined he is. Mon the Hibs :thumbsup:

The key to the next appointment is getting us out of this league rather than trying to find the next young successful manager. IMO that means someone with experience, not necessarily a man that can take the club on for the next 3-4 seasons.

hibsmad
31-05-2016, 10:32 AM
Would love Lennon. As mentioned above, he is a winner.

Don't think it would happen mind you. Think he sees himself as being able to manage at a higher level than the Scottish Championship, and rightly so. Plenty more money for him to earn in England, I would think.

Hibeewilly
31-05-2016, 10:33 AM
How about Stokesy player manager!!!

SeanWilson
31-05-2016, 10:35 AM

:faf::faf::faf:

right lads, meet me at the 4 in hand for 9am to discuss which George St establishment we shall be frequenting this afternoon.

Thecat23
31-05-2016, 10:36 AM

Your at the wind up I take it?

SJM
31-05-2016, 10:38 AM
Would rather have King Dom back as manager.

Hibbyradge
31-05-2016, 10:48 AM

If any football club manager allowed the online ramblings of a tiny minority of supporters to affect him, then I'd be questioning his judgement.

Football supporters are the most fickle of breeds. Loads of folk wanted rid 10 days ago. Now the same people love him and are gnashing their teeth over his possible departure.

Stubbs decisions aren't even slightly based on what folk on here are saying, whether they're by 7 year olds or 70 year olds.

Who's next is a valid question on any day at any football club.

Indeed, I'd be very disappointed in Leeanne Dempster if she hasn't been thinking along those lines for some time.

It's called succession planning.

Salt N Sauzee
31-05-2016, 10:49 AM
Terry Butcher

Yuillsy
31-05-2016, 10:55 AM
Terry Butcher

Don't even joke about that!!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
31-05-2016, 10:56 AM
Tommy Wright?

HIBERNIAN-0762
31-05-2016, 10:59 AM
I personally want Micheal O'Neil, I realise he is tied to NI but any compensation we get for AS could be used to prise him away, I also think he would jump at the chance to manage us.

scoopyboy
31-05-2016, 11:00 AM
If any football club manager allowed the online ramblings of a tiny minority of supporters to affect him, then I'd be questioning his judgement.

Football supporters are the most fickle of breeds. Loads of folk wanted rid 10 days ago. Now the same people love him and are gnashing their teeth over his possible departure.

Stubbs decisions aren't even slightly based on what folk on here are saying, whether they're by 7 year olds or 70 year olds.

Who's next is a valid question on any day at any football club.

Indeed, I'd be very disappointed in Leeanne Dempster if she hasn't been thinking along those lines for some time.

It's called succession planning.

Hibs should know on any given day who they would want as their next manager.

Crap manager you will eventually have to get shot of.

Great manager someone will come in and take him.

She will know who she wants 100%, whether she gets him is another matter.

scoopyboy
31-05-2016, 11:01 AM
Has anyone suggested Paul Hartley yet?

SeanWilson
31-05-2016, 11:02 AM
I personally want Micheal O'Neil, I realise he is tied to NI but any compensation we get for AS could be used to prise him away, I also think he would jump at the chance to mange us.

A) he's on a new deal at NI, lasting quite some time - we won't be in a position to buy that out, AS comp or not.
B) he's worked wonders with that NI team and i'd assume will leave straight for an EPL gig
C) he's spoken openly about being slandered by someone at hibs about his apparent alcohol abuse being the reason behind him not getting the job last time.

Not going to happen.

northstandhibby
31-05-2016, 11:06 AM
Personally I think Legend Alan Stubbs would be doing the right thing in moving on just now while his star is in the ascendancy as per being the Manager who got that Scottish Cup monkey off our backs. It has prevented the hertz and the likes of Tam Cowan, Makeitup Jackson et al harping on about the Boer War etc.

Any one of - Michael O Neill, Yogi, T Wright, S McCall, Martin Canning etc who are all proven Managers would do for me or anyone else who has a proven track record of the Scottish or similar game to 'win' the league next season.

Hibernian Scottish Cup Winners 2016

Tinribs
31-05-2016, 11:10 AM
So to sum up, we want someone who has "been" places, and "done" things?

Golden Bear
31-05-2016, 11:13 AM
Has anyone suggested Paul Hartley yet?

:agree:

You better believe it.

HappyHanlon
31-05-2016, 11:13 AM
Neil Lennon :bitchy:

Would rather have Keith Lemon than that torn faced disaster.

Yogi :bitchy:
Backwards step and "ah cannae fault the boys" pish would be unbearable

LD has a criteria and none of them meet it.

SlickShoes
31-05-2016, 11:15 AM
Personally I think Legend Alan Stubbs would be doing the right thing in moving on just now while his star is in the ascendancy as per being the Manager who got that Scottish Cup monkey off our backs. It has prevented the hertz and the likes of Tam Cowan, Makeitup Jackson et al harping on about the Boer War etc.

Any one of - Michael O Neill, Yogi, T Wright, S McCall, Martin Canning etc who are all proven Managers would do for me or anyone else who has a proven track record of the Scottish or similar game to 'win' the league next season.

You have to be joking with canning? Hamilton are brutal and have been getting worse since Neil left, they did manage to stay up for two years but he is hardly a good manager.

northstandhibby
31-05-2016, 11:16 AM
So to sum up, we want someone who has "been" places, and "done" things?

If it was a choice between the Joiner or Bricklayer laying the bricks? Who would you want?

Glory Glory

Hibbyradge
31-05-2016, 11:17 AM
If it was a choice between the Joiner or Bricklayer laying the bricks? Who would you want?

Glory Glory

I'd want the one who would do the best job.

QMU-1875
31-05-2016, 11:18 AM

No danger!

Skåne Hibs
31-05-2016, 11:18 AM
I'd take Lennon or O'Neil, but I don't believe either will happen so I'd go for Steve Clarke if he wants it.

Waxy
31-05-2016, 11:20 AM
Terry Butcher

That wasn't a mistake eh?However in a roundabout way, if Butcher hadn't happened?

FamousSix
31-05-2016, 11:27 AM
Young manager with good experience in the English Premiership and at International level.
He has done a good job getting East Fife promoted as league winners this season. He comes from Edinburgh and his short spell at Hearts is dwarfed by his career at Everton and other Champioship Clubs.

Like Stubbs is making his way in Management and is probably looking to step up after his success at East Fife.

HibsNibs
31-05-2016, 11:27 AM
Steve Clarke, but I doubt he'd take a Scottish 2nd div gig. Failing that, Owen "Barclays premier league" Coyle - needs to rebuild his rep after a fail in Texas & has the charisma & know how to get us up.

GreenCastle
31-05-2016, 11:32 AM
McCall - die hard Rangers man
Hartley - zero chance and would never come to us - plus I wouldn't want him.
Yogi - why did ICT get rid ?

Michael O'Neil - euro 2016 to managing Hibs in the championship - no chance plus wouldn't be free from his job for weeks.

Cathro - not as head coach / manager - better at developing players than being the main man.

Neil Lennon - would be interesting appointment but doubt he would come.

Beefster
31-05-2016, 11:34 AM

Michael O'Neil - euro 2016 to managing Hibs in the championship - no chance plus wouldn't be free from his job for weeks.

Cathro - not as head coach / manager - better at developing players than being the main man.

What evidence is there that Cathro isn't capable of being the 'main man'? I'll be honest, Cathro would excite me more than any other name that I've heard bandied about.

makaveli1875
31-05-2016, 11:38 AM
ronny deila

Andy74
31-05-2016, 11:39 AM

Should Neil Lennin not just say die hard Celtic man?

GreenCastle
31-05-2016, 11:40 AM
What evidence is there that Cathro isn't capable of being the 'main man'? I'll be honest, Cathro would excite me more than any other name that I've heard bandied about.

He may step up - but having met the guy and dealt with him I personally don't think he's ready to be the main man at a club such as Hibs.

He went to Portugal as he met Nuno on a UEFA A course.

Nuno then got the Valenica job and took Cathro. Nuno was sacked then Cathro ended up at Newcastle.

He's build up a decent CV and experience but personally I don't think he's suited to be the main manager and would be better suited to support and coach - this is where his qualities are.

HIBERNIAN-0762
31-05-2016, 11:42 AM
A) he's on a new deal at NI, lasting quite some time - we won't be in a position to buy that out, AS comp or not.
B) he's worked wonders with that NI team and i'd assume will leave straight for an EPL gig
C) he's spoken openly about being slandered by someone at hibs about his apparent alcohol abuse being the reason behind him not getting the job last time.

Not going to happen.

Let's just wait and see then eh?

steve75
I think we need someone that ticks the same boxes as Stubbs - background at a top club so knows the standards that need to be set and met, media friendly, ambitious with a winning mentality, plays an expansive attacking game, happy to work with young players, puts an emphasis on getting a good team spirit through good man-management. Has a profile beyond Scotland.

I think people like David Unsworth and Ugo Ehiogu will be where we are looking.

SeanWilson
ronny deila

the man who was literally forced in to starting his now no.9 who saved his season and thought stokes was worth less that Carlton Cole in his squad? nah, you're alright.

FromTheCapital
31-05-2016, 11:43 AM
McCall

GreenCastle
31-05-2016, 11:43 AM

Yes - it should. More chance of him coming than McCall.

Both would be here short term though.

high bee
31-05-2016, 11:45 AM

No, I've never said it hasn't been discussed before but he wouldn't be surprised to learn we are discussing new managers when he is off discussing a new job, especially given the wording of Hibs statement.

As for before, some would say it's disrespectful, others would say it's modern football and it's a results business. When it's not going your way people get restless and start discussing other candidates, just like when players are underperforming. Personally, I wouldn't like it if it was me, in this circumstance, (I would have no issue if it was after I went to discuss another job) but for this reason I wouldn't be a football manager.

GreenCastle
31-05-2016, 11:47 AM
I think people like David Unsworth and Ugo Ehiogu will be where we are looking.

David Unsworth is a great shout - has been involved in the Scottish FA

Was working with Stubbs at Everton - though doesn't know the championship up here so would need someone who does.

Big L
31-05-2016, 11:53 AM
Steve Clarke, but I doubt he'd take a Scottish 2nd div gig. Failing that, Owen "Barclays premier league" Coyle - needs to rebuild his rep after a fail in Texas & has the charisma & know how to get us up.
Steve Clarke got a call from RP before Butcher, RP asked him if he was interested and he said yes! RP never called him back. He's one I would be interested in.

tamig
31-05-2016, 12:02 PM

Was working with Stubbs at Everton - though doesn't know the championship up here so would need someone who does.

Did Stubbs know the league before he arrived then?

Thief
31-05-2016, 12:02 PM
Would've thought McCall would be a shoo in. Ticks all the boxes and I'm assuming he gets on well with LD. His continued involvement with the national side could potentially benefit us as well.
Any reason he hasn't taken a job since the rangers, or is he content with his national duties and tv work? Anyone In the know?

GreenCastle
31-05-2016, 12:04 PM
Did Stubbs know the league before he arrived then?

No and I think it's taken him 2 years to figure it out.

heretoday
31-05-2016, 12:07 PM
Would've thought McCall would be a shoo in. Ticks all the boxes and I'm assuming he gets on well with LD. His continued involvement with the national side could potentially benefit us as well.
Any reason he hasn't taken a job since the rangers, or is he content with his national duties and tv work? Anyone In the know?

Everton connection too. It makes sense!

Hibeesmad
31-05-2016, 12:09 PM

Stubbs wanted him to come as his assistant but Unsworth said no because he wanted to be close to family

FifeHibs
31-05-2016, 12:12 PM
I was the airport and saw

SouthMoroccoStu
31-05-2016, 12:13 PM

Who?

Blaster
31-05-2016, 12:14 PM

A plane

keep the faith
31-05-2016, 12:16 PM

I did laugh at McCall being described as a die hard rangers fan but lennon described as "interesting"

AndyM_1875
31-05-2016, 12:20 PM
Neil Lennon :bitchy:

Would rather have Keith Lemon than that torn faced disaster.

Yogi :bitchy:
Backwards step and "ah cannae fault the boys" pish would be unbearable

LD has a criteria and none of them meet it.

Agree on Yogi but Neil Lennon is a highly rated coach. If he came to Hibs (& I'm not convinced we have either the budget or the location for him) he wouldn't have the hassles he got at Celtic nor the club in meltdown issues he had at Bolton.
I think he has the hardness about him to get performances out of the players and would command the respect of the players.

The fact the Sevconians would be raging is a huge bonus.

AndyM_1875
31-05-2016, 12:23 PM

McCall has a pretty comfortable existence. He does easy pundit work which he is pretty good at and works with Gordon Strachan as Scotland coach on a part time basis. Leaving plenty time for the golf course etc.

JeMeSouviens
31-05-2016, 12:28 PM
McCall has a pretty comfortable existence. He does easy pundit work which he is pretty good at and works with Gordon Strachan as Scotland coach on a part time basis. Leaving plenty time for the golf course etc.

If he could only work in a trip to the barber's ... :wink:

Big L
31-05-2016, 12:40 PM
I think Lennon will struggle to get a job after the Bolton debacle. I'ts the first season in their history that they failed to win an away game and I think the guy carries to much baggage!

DunblaneHibby
31-05-2016, 12:42 PM

Totally agree. Well liked at Motherwell especially by the players. He plays woth speedy wingers and has good contacts in England. Think he would be a really good fit for hibs

keep the faith
31-05-2016, 12:44 PM
If he could only work in a trip to the barber's ... :wink:

😁 Or even a trip to the barbers which didn't involve the phrase "a 90s cut please"

Lago
31-05-2016, 12:58 PM
No and I think it's taken him 2 years to figure it out.
Could be argued he still hasn't worked it out.

number9dream
31-05-2016, 01:07 PM
I personally want Micheal O'Neil, I realise he is tied to NI but any compensation we get for AS could be used to prise him away, I also think he would jump at the chance to manage us.

From BBC website in March

Northern Ireland manager Michael O'Neill has agreed terms for a lucrative new four-year contract after his side reached the Euro 2016 finals.
The Irish FA deal is said to be worth £500,000 a year and will run until the end of the next Euro qualifying series.

Dream on...

Finn2015
31-05-2016, 01:10 PM
From BBC website in March

Northern Ireland manager Michael O'Neill has agreed terms for a lucrative new four-year contract after his side reached the Euro 2016 finals.
The Irish FA deal is said to be worth £500,000 a year and will run until the end of the next Euro qualifying series.

Dream on...

Add a quid to that and we are on

nickwhibs
31-05-2016, 01:42 PM
What about John Doolan? Could be persuaded to stay if given the chance to manage...

Kthomson44
31-05-2016, 01:52 PM

I agree

Scouse Hibee
31-05-2016, 01:55 PM

What a lot of ******,football fans discuss topic of manager on forum and you call it disrespectful,get a grip.

stokesmessiah
31-05-2016, 02:04 PM
What about John Doolan? Could be persuaded to stay if given the chance to manage...

He wont.

Hibeewilly
31-05-2016, 02:21 PM
Your at the wind up I take it?
Absolutely! I think the board have a simple decision to make initially - do we go for potential like we did with Stubbs or do we bring in somebody who is proven at getting teams out of this league. I have to agree with some other posters that Hughes ticks all the boxes but I'm not convinced the board will go back to him. Stubbs is not away yet though although its looking more and more likely

cad
31-05-2016, 02:30 PM
Steve Evans recently shown the door at Leeds could maybe do a job ,but theres that many to choose from ,surprised Jimmy Calderwood`s name hasn't appeared yet it usually does , a few calls the the return of Yogi or McLeish just annoys me , the O`Neill shout IMO would be a pleasant surprise if true but I think he has bigger fish to fry .

A Hibs manager has a 2 or 3 year window whether he`s rank or successful some even shorter than that ,Stubbsy with what he started with has done a great job, he goes down in the history books along with the players so well done to all concerned , I wish him every success in whatever he does whether he stays or goes ,on a purely financial take he wont be a more valuable asset to Hibs than he is right now,plus still being in the Championship the cash if he goes will give the next guy some funds for the transfer market.

GGTTH

BSEJVT
31-05-2016, 02:40 PM
Absolutely! I think the board have a simple decision to make initially - do we go for potential like we did with Stubbs or do we bring in somebody who is proven at getting teams out of this league. I have to agree with some other posters that Hughes ticks all the boxes but I'm not convinced the board will go back to him. Stubbs is not away yet though although its looking more and more likely

At a time when the club is moving forward I cant see for the life of me why so many people want us to return to the failed choices of the past and those that have hung around the Scottish game like a bad smell.

Hughes, after a bright start completely lost the plot and showed no clue as to how to address it

McLeish, sold us down the river and left us is a bad way

Mowbray, post Hibs a nightmare

McCall, his constant disrespecting of the club in the media should see him ruled out, he has no chance anyway, far too divisive a choice

Houston, seriously?

Coyle, trading on a couple of good seasons with other folks teams at the start of his career

Collins, would cause a row in an empty house

Lennon, (either) one has proved nothing, I could have won those leagues with Celtic, the other won a cup with St Mirren, but has been abysmal since

Hartley, Aye right

Jimmy Calderwood? lazy thinking, the guy is a dinosaur. There is a reason he has never had a sniff of another job

Delia, the guy is mental, again I could have won the league with Celtic over the period he has, probably more convincingly.

The club is more united than it has been for many years, we would be better going for a unifying candidate, rather than any of the above who all carry way to much baggage and will alienate large swathes of the support

pacoluna
31-05-2016, 02:43 PM
Steve Evans recently shown the door at Leeds could maybe do a job ,but theres that many to choose from ,surprised Jimmy Calderwood`s name hasn't appeared yet it usually does , a few calls the the return of Yogi or McLeish just annoys me , the O`Neill shout IMO would be a pleasant surprise if true but I think he has bigger fish to fry .

A Hibs manager has a 2 or 3 year window whether he`s rank or successful some even shorter than that ,Stubbsy with what he started with has done a great job, he goes down in the history books along with the players so well done to all concerned , I wish him every success in whatever he does whether he stays or goes ,on a purely financial take he wont be a more valuable asset to Hibs than he is right now,plus still being in the Championship the cash if he goes will give the next guy some funds for the transfer market.

GGTTH

Surprised Steve Evans didn't end back at rotherham.

FifeHibs
31-05-2016, 02:47 PM
Steve Evans is a bigger lunatic than Yogi

Waxy
31-05-2016, 02:50 PM

Couple of us suggested this yesterday but got blasted. You best duck.

Waxy
31-05-2016, 02:52 PM

This game still no finished?

Hibbyradge
31-05-2016, 02:55 PM

Blasted?

You've led a charmed life if you think those replies constitute blasting! :wink:

Scouse Hibee
31-05-2016, 03:00 PM
Lets give John Aldridge another shot at management.

guthrie01
31-05-2016, 03:12 PM
Getting more tempted to see John Hughes back at ER. We need a solid start to the season just like Hearts and The Rangers. We showed exactly how bad the Rangers really are at the finals yet they still breezed it so to me getting someone who can achieve 1st by Christmas is ideal. Yogi knows the setup, he always has a blinder of a first season before things fall apart. Punt him after he gets us out if Leeann feels it necessary. Also gotten Falkirk out of this league so he knows what's required.

Vault Boy
31-05-2016, 03:16 PM

I don't think he's even been sacked by Leeds yet, but their chairman has been actively looking for a new manager - strange one. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4y4dIKhmUQg)

FifeHibs
31-05-2016, 03:29 PM
That chairman tried to ban sky sports from broadcasting on the day of a game, changes manager every 3 months. Although by all accounts Steve Evans is a nasty piece of work.

Waxy
31-05-2016, 03:35 PM
Blasted?

You've led a charmed life if you think those replies constitute blasting! :wink:

We'll maybe blasted was the wrong word 🙂

Diclonius
31-05-2016, 03:40 PM
Getting more tempted to see John Hughes back at ER. We need a solid start to the season just like Hearts and The Rangers. We showed exactly how bad the Rangers really are at the finals yet they still breezed it so to me getting someone who can achieve 1st by Christmas is ideal. Yogi knows the setup, he always has a blinder of a first season before things fall apart. Punt him after he gets us out if Leeann feels it necessary. Also gotten Falkirk out of this league so he knows what's required.

Yogi was decent until February, then we went on one of the worst runs I've ever seen before he was sacked. Also had a terrible record in big games - didn't win a derby or progress in the cup under him.

If he's learned from his mistakes (and looks to have to some degree at Inverness) then fair enough - but there's others I'd choose before him.

Beefster
31-05-2016, 03:55 PM

We'll maybe blasted was the wrong word 

If by 'got blasted' you mean "at least one poster questioned Doolan's qualifications to be Hibs Head Coach and thinks that he gets mooted because he celebrates a lot", you're spot on. Why do you think that Doolan is suggested way more than Holden, despite Holden being far more experienced and more senior in our setup?

highland hibbee
31-05-2016, 03:59 PM
In a heartbeat. Wouldn't be universally welcomed I know but he's a winner and that's the attitude we need next season.

I doubt we could attract him but he needs to get back in the game after the Bolton gig which for a number of reasons never worked out for him.

Funnily enough, ugh, as a man I had less than no time for when he was at Celtic, I was actually thinking about him today, and would certainly give him the chance. Unlikely we could afford him, but as you say, he's needing back into football. So , I never thought I would ever say this, but it's a yes from me.

Brightside
31-05-2016, 04:03 PM
If by 'got blasted' you mean "at least one poster questioned Doolan's qualifications to be Hibs Head Coach and thinks that he gets mooted because he celebrates a lot", you're spot on. Why do you think that Doolan is suggested way more than Holden, despite Holden being far more experienced and more senior in our setup?

Because Doolan runs the majority of the coaching day 2 day.

Waxy
31-05-2016, 04:08 PM
I suggested it as i said he knows the squad already, he knows the league already, he's in place already. If we are going for a rookie, he should be top of the list.Holden likes to stay in the background i thought?

Hibbyradge
31-05-2016, 04:28 PM
We'll maybe blasted was the wrong word 

:tee hee:

KWJ
31-05-2016, 04:32 PM
Has Jim McIntyre been mentioned yet?

Even if it was just to stop him from pissing us off.

My concern with him would be his network although he's done well bringing in guys like Shalk.

Danderhall Hibs
31-05-2016, 04:33 PM
I heard McCall drinks coffee. That won't go down well with some on here.

Hamish
31-05-2016, 04:34 PM
Has Jim McIntyre been mentioned yet?

Even if it was just to stop him from pissing us off.

My concern with him would be his network although he's done well bringing in guys like Shalk.

His assistant would provoke some debate on here...

Danderhall Hibs
31-05-2016, 04:36 PM
His assistant would provoke some debate on here...

:agree: also has a Shan hairdo.

Lago
31-05-2016, 04:43 PM
One thing I can guarantee, there will be a line a mile long of applicants at LD's door, bet the cv's havecstarted arriving already.

FitbaFolkKen
31-05-2016, 04:47 PM
One thing I can guarantee, there will be a line a mile long of applicants at LD's door, bet the cv's havecstarted arriving already.

Yeah it definitely will, with the current profile of the club I wouldn't be surprised to see someone from abroad come in.

Willis1875
31-05-2016, 04:48 PM
Bet Victor have started taking bets on next manager,Yogi early favourite

3pm
31-05-2016, 04:55 PM
https://twitter.com/josephcawthorn/status/737685071130464256

The_Horde
31-05-2016, 05:00 PM
Cheers sir Alan, welcome back any time big man. Hibs legend. :thumbsup: :gwa:

AlbertK86
31-05-2016, 05:03 PM
Cheers sir Alan, welcome back any time big man. Hibs legend. :thumbsup: :gwa:

Well said - landed the holy grail - absolute legend

Good luck to him and his coaching team

bingo70
31-05-2016, 05:07 PM

For anyone thinking of lumping on Yogi it might be worthwhile remembering what was said when Stubbs was appointed.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/hibernian/10923429/Hibernian-name-Alan-Stubbs-as-new-head-coach.html

George Craig seemed keen to stress there that it is a European type model with a head coach rather than a traditional type manager, I'd be surprised if we abandoned this concept after one appointment.

IMO it'll be a coach from down south that gets the gig.

GreenCastle
31-05-2016, 05:09 PM
Won't be Yogi - can't stand RP

LD knows McCall from her Motherwell days.

I would also consider Stubbs the manager - he does coach but mostly Doolan and co do that.

We need someone who can bring it together not just a good coach (that's why I think Cathro would be a poor choice).

madhatter
31-05-2016, 05:16 PM
I would like us to go foreign with a head coach well connected in France, Netherlands or Portugal etc. Doesn't have to be at a top club or even employed as head coach but I'd like to see us bring something new to the table and our head coach style already suits this. British clubs still largely run "Manager" roles and this has rarely suited us as our club gets ripped apart every time we have to sack or replace a manager. The head coach approach makes it more sustainable. DO NOT GO FOR EX-HIBS OR MCCALL PLEASE!

SaulGoodman
31-05-2016, 05:16 PM
I heard McCall drinks coffee. That won't go down well with some on here.

Is he good at spitting it all over his monitor?

The Kaiser
31-05-2016, 05:18 PM
Needs to be someone with a bit more experience. Not sure who's available to be honest.

cad
31-05-2016, 05:24 PM

Funny Ive always found him to be exactly the opposite, opinions eh

thebausburst
31-05-2016, 05:26 PM
Gary Neville anyone :dunno:

Vault Boy
31-05-2016, 05:27 PM
Maybe it will be more from the left field than we're thinking, someone from abroad that we've not heard of perhaps? Whatever the case, I fully trust Leeann to make the best choice for the club.

madhatter
31-05-2016, 05:29 PM
Needs to be someone with a bit more experience. Not sure who's available to be honest.

Disagree. We just need a good Head Coach that can destroy this league. Butcher is an example of an experienced manager who failed. McCall is another example at Rangers last season, failed during the time he was there. We need forward thinking now. Enough of past times of the old boy on the block and the local Hibs boy who made it in the game or a failed manager returning. People talk of Mowbray, Collins etc. - do they not realise that living in the past or within a safety net rarely produces success? Our club has suffered from the expected, recruit smartly and with ambition. We cannot just recruit a manager to get us out of this league, we need one that will be with us for at least 1 season after we get up.

Joe Baker2
31-05-2016, 05:32 PM
Ok, lots of good posts but can we now summarise who we think are the front runners?

madhatter
31-05-2016, 05:33 PM
I pray Hibs have been discussing replacements as I thought this was a cert to happen even before cup final. Things just didn't seem right. His interviews became more sullen and less enthusiastic towards the end. He has done a Scott Allan and spoke about staying etc. but we knew he was likely to go.

Finn2015
31-05-2016, 05:34 PM
Ok, lots of good posts but can we now summarise who we think are the front runners?

Would be useful!

Captain Trips
31-05-2016, 05:34 PM
I would like Coyle think it will be Ian Murray.

Vault Boy
31-05-2016, 05:35 PM

We have absolutely no idea. Leeann will choose whoever she sees fit and last time that selection stumped everybody.

superfurryhibby
31-05-2016, 05:36 PM
We need someone with some standing in the game and the nous to get the best out a talented squad of players.

Given the Leeann connection I suspect it will be the ginger mulleted laddie. Always admired McCall as a player, hard as **** and no little skill. He has a good track record and I'll look forward to welcoming him to ER.

41% win ratio at Mutherwell is no mean feat.

thebausburst

Coyle
McCall
McIntyre
McLeish
Doolan

Captain Trips
There is no way Hibs have been sitting waiting on Stubbs to go, so Hibs will likely have been looking at possible people who may not have actually applied.

Andy74
31-05-2016, 05:37 PM
I would like Coyle think it will be Ian Murray.

No danger.

superfurryhibby
31-05-2016, 05:39 PM
Here's some who I think have no chance of the gig,

Yogi
Ian Murray (you're having alaugh surely)
Neil Lennon
Jimmy Calderwood
Louis Van Gaal

tamig
31-05-2016, 05:39 PM

Please no.

sleeping giant
31-05-2016, 05:40 PM
No way will Ian Murray be in the frame.
No chance

500miles
31-05-2016, 05:41 PM
I think Yogi is being spoken about a bit unfairly. He's always come across as receptive to new ideas, such as hood time under Collins at Livi. He's well liked by his players, and respected by George Craig. He has experience, but I don't think he can be accused of being a dinosaur.

SaulGoodman
31-05-2016, 05:42 PM
Steve Evans parted company with Leeds

Hmm

stantonsboots
31-05-2016, 05:42 PM
Please no. I would take yogi in a heartbeat he would win us this league! but it's not going to happen him and petrie cant stand the sight of each other!

Bostonhibby
31-05-2016, 05:43 PM

His natural home is at the yam or the rangers, jeez, he even looks like one.

Evans was Boston United manager between 1998 and 2007 but was suspended for 20 months and convicted of tax fraud while in charge at the club.

He was given a 12-month suspended sentence for disguising wages and bonuses as expenses at the Lincolnshire club.

The club were docked four points and fined £100,000 by the FA.

Boston were relegated from the Football League in 2007 and Evans and assistant Raynor resigned shortly after.

When he talks he waffles a bit like a mini Butcher to me. Surely there's no way Hibs are going to step this far back after taking some strides forward. Would have a real job backing this guy. Boston still haven't recovered from this rather familiar way of gaining an advantage / cheating.

Finn2015
31-05-2016, 05:44 PM
Steve Evans is a big Celtic supporter lol so maybe not a natural home at ipox at any rate!

stantonsboots
31-05-2016, 05:44 PM
No danger.judas is fav inside easter road I'm told but owen coyle is also being mentioned?

tamig
31-05-2016, 05:45 PM
I would take yogi in a heartbeat he would win us this league! but it's not going to happen him and petrie cant stand the sight of each other!

Yogi plays the game narrower than Stubbsy's diamond. Turgid football. No thanks from me.

makaveli1875
31-05-2016, 05:47 PM
I would take yogi in a heartbeat he would win us this league! but it's not going to happen him and petrie cant stand the sight of each other!

he wouldnt have much to do with petrie if dempster is running the show

Joe Baker2
31-05-2016, 05:47 PM
Leeann's a smart cookie and will have doing her succession planning for some months now. I reckon the CV's landing on the door mat now are too late. She just needs to work out her criteria and bag the right candidate. Announcement within 48 hours?

col02
31-05-2016, 05:49 PM
I could see a coaching team of Stuart McCall, Kevin Thomson and Boozy working well at Hibs.

Andy74
31-05-2016, 05:51 PM
What's Rob Jones up to these days?

Callum7
31-05-2016, 05:55 PM
16830:faf: What is this list?

Thecat23
31-05-2016, 05:55 PM
Jaap Stam??

SaulGoodman
31-05-2016, 05:56 PM
Boozy

Super_JMcGinn
31-05-2016, 05:56 PM

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/hibernian/next-permanent-manager

The Green Goblin
31-05-2016, 05:57 PM
We need tried and tested. No room for learning curves or inexperience.

Edinburgher
31-05-2016, 05:59 PM
John Collins but doubt that will happen as he probably doesn`t get on with RP.
McCall would be my second choice.

Andy74
31-05-2016, 05:59 PM
We need tried and tested. No room for learning curves or inexperience.

We've tried both with mixed results!

MyJo
31-05-2016, 06:01 PM

Terry Butcher 14/1, WTF?

stevie-bee
31-05-2016, 06:02 PM
What about Neil Lennon he would be a good choice

FifeHibs
Surprised Gary McAllister isn't on that list

TAHibby
Jaap Stam??

Go on

dp00
31-05-2016, 06:03 PM
Terry Butcher 14/1, WTF?

I'll give folk odds of 140/1 for terry butcher to be next manager.... There is one chance and that's no chance

The Green Goblin
31-05-2016, 06:03 PM
We've tried both with mixed results!

True enough. :agree: I'm more making the point that going for inexperience is not an acceptable risk any longer, with a fourth season down here unthinkable.