PDA

View Full Version : Odds For Next Season Out Now

LustForLeith
29-05-2016, 07:33 PM
Apologies if this has been posted before but I noticed that Ladbrokes have the odds for next season up already.

Hibs are 6/4 favourites with Dundee United are 7/4. They're only giving each each for two places which is a pity as I can see Dunfermline at 14's getting in the top three.

Also notice that Rangers are second favs for the top league at 7/2. I don't think they'll finish in the top six!

Diclonius
29-05-2016, 07:34 PM
We should be favourites. Anything else than first place is a massive underachievement.

Sir David Gray
29-05-2016, 07:35 PM
Apologies if this has been posted before but I noticed that Ladbrokes have the odds for next season up already.

Hibs are 6/4 favourites with Dundee United are 7/4. They're only giving each each for two places which is a pity as I can see Dunfermline at 14's getting in the top three.

Also notice that Rangers are second favs for the top league at 7/2. I don't think they'll finish in the top six!

I think they'll get into the top six but I can't see them finishing above Aberdeen or the puddle drinkers.

The Falcon
29-05-2016, 08:11 PM
We should be favourites. Anything else than first place is a massive underachievement.

I think we will be and should be. Similarily I did not expect us to win the league in any of the last two seasons but did expect us to finish above and get past Falkirk.

For perspective was the Scottish Cup win an overachievment given we were playing a club that finished comfortably above us in the league and has substantially greater resources/finances than us?

Sergey
29-05-2016, 08:20 PM
No each-way bets in the SPL - which is a pity as you could fill your pockets at 16/1 bar 2.

7/2 Sevco is a lay every day of the week.

29-05-2016, 08:22 PM
I think they'll get into the top six but I can't see them finishing above Aberdeen or the puddle drinkers.

I agree. Obviously its early days and we don't know what the rangers team will look like come the start of the season but hearts really should be looking to finish above them.

Big_Franck
29-05-2016, 08:26 PM
I agree. Obviously its early days and we don't know what the rangers team will look like come the start of the season but hearts really should be looking to finish above them.

With the amount of season tickets that they'll sell they'll be able to sign 6/7 players I'd think. The Rangers should finish above the saviles. They'll find it tougher to finish above Aberdeen and there's no chance they'll challenge celtc though.

If another firm offers us at 7/4 i'll be all over it!

LustForLeith
29-05-2016, 08:27 PM
No each-way bets in the SPL - which is a pity as you could fill your pockets at 16/1 bar 2.

7/2 Sevco is a lay every day of the week.

With no each way betting in the SPL handicapp betting could be a shout.

Will be interesting what price Rangers are going to be in their opening games. There's a chance they'll be favourites but might not find it as easy as the bookies think.

Bishop Hibee
29-05-2016, 08:40 PM
Back to last seasons bets, I found out one of my uncle's had £10 each way on Hibs to win the cup at 25-1. Paid for his season ticket for 16/17.

LustForLeith
29-05-2016, 08:46 PM
Back to last seasons bets, I found out one of my uncle's had £10 each way on Hibs to win the cup at 25-1. Paid for his season ticket for 16/17.

Back in January I put an each way lucky 15 on. Sevilla to win th Europa at 14's, Hibs to win the Scottish Cup at 25's. AnAnd Athletico to win the Champions League at 12's.

Lets just say I'm a little gutted today..!

RyeSloan
29-05-2016, 09:17 PM
Back in January I put an each way lucky 15 on. Sevilla to win th Europa at 14's, Hibs to win the Scottish Cup at 25's. AnAnd Athletico to win the Champions League at 12's. Lets just say I'm a little gutted today..!

Ouch painful...not sure how you got 15 bets out of 3 predictions right enough but even two of them coming in must have given a nice return no?

LustForLeith
30-05-2016, 08:53 AM
Ouch painful...not sure how you got 15 bets out of 3 predictions right enough but even two of them coming in must have given a nice return no?

Four singles, six doubles, four trebles and an accumulator. With it being each way I'll get a bit back for Athletico making the final. I think if they'd won it I would have been a few grand up before my final selection of top scorer for the Euros. And if that had come in I believe it would have potentially been tens of thousands.

As it is I'll go down as the only Hibs fan whose gutted after backing Hibs to win the Scottish Cup!:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

RyeSloan
30-05-2016, 12:21 PM
Four singles, six doubles, four trebles and an accumulator. With it being each way I'll get a bit back for Athletico making the final. I think if they'd won it I would have been a few grand up before my final selection of top scorer for the Euros. And if that had come in I believe it would have potentially been tens of thousands. As it is I'll go down as the only Hibs fan whose gutted after backing Hibs to win the Scottish Cup!:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

You only quoted 3 bets in yer first post that's what confused...ha aye you were close to a huge win there but sure the memory of the near miss will fade but the Scottish Cup win will last a lifetime :-)

KeithTheHibby
30-05-2016, 12:23 PM
The Arabs at 7/4? Do the bookies know something we don't?

LustForLeith
30-05-2016, 12:36 PM
You only quoted 3 bets in yer first post that's what confused...ha aye you were close to a huge win there but sure the memory of the near miss will fade but the Scottish Cup win will last a lifetime :-)d

Apologies, was going to keep the last bet a secret until after Saturday!

LustForLeith
30-05-2016, 12:37 PM
The Arabs at 7/4? Do the bookies know something we don't?

I think they're a bit worried. Only each way for two places so any decent odds is going to attract a lot of money I think. Falkirk could appeal..!

corby hibee
30-05-2016, 12:51 PM
Anything less than first is not good enough, i hate international football roll on the new season.

Finn2015
30-05-2016, 12:58 PM
Think it will be close run and I expect Dundee United to run us really close