PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help with this pic

Big90inOz
29-05-2016, 11:32 AM
I'd love to get this printed off onto a canvas, can anyone point me in the direction of where I can get a high resolution copy of this pic ?

Joe6-2
29-05-2016, 11:34 AM
What a great pic!

Niffy
29-05-2016, 11:51 AM
The official print of this photo is available on my website www.gwsphotography.co.uk

Big90inOz
29-05-2016, 11:57 AM
The official print of this photo is available on my website www.gwsphotography.co.uk

Sent you a PM

Niffy
29-05-2016, 12:02 PM
Need to do a Platoon version :)

Stoney Hibee
29-05-2016, 01:21 PM
It is the one on banner of the official hibs Twitter feed i am after. It has the players when they first get the trophy. Any one who have any ideas where you can buy this picture?

davidgray210516
31-05-2016, 09:48 AM
Can an you edit this pic without the writing or Hibs badge?

It's a remake. But should do the job. :aok:

Link: http://postimg.org/image/vgtdejixn/full/ [1920x1300.PNG.2.62mb]

Niffy
31-05-2016, 12:31 PM

We've a few variations of this picture for sale here. With a donation to charity as soon as DG tells us which one.

http://gwls.photium.com/football

davidgray210516
31-05-2016, 12:49 PM
I like the high on Hibs pic better than any on that site. The colour of the Hibs top is more vibrant and a nice contrast to the black and white background

=Niffy;4713771]16825

We've a few variations of this picture for sale here. With a donation to charity as soon as DG tells us which one.

http://gwls.photium.com/football[/QUOTE]

Gingertosser
31-05-2016, 01:34 PM

http://gwls.photium.com/football

I like this b&w version with Gray in colour the best, but it could do with the Rangers player being edited out :thumbsup:

High-On-Hibs
31-05-2016, 04:05 PM
What about blend the rest in to the crowd instead of stokes? I can't simply blend Wallace into the crowd. I would need to take a sample from another part of the crowd and layer it over him. I would then need to alter the appearance to make it "fit". Somebody with Adobe Photoshop Pro may be able to do it though. I'm still in the prehistoric era with my software. :wink:

s.a.m
31-05-2016, 04:08 PM
I can't simply blend Wallace into the crowd. I would need to take a sample from another part of the crowd and layer it over him. I would then need to alter the appearance to make it "fit". Somebody with Adobe Photoshop Pro may be able to do it though. I'm still in the prehistoric era with my software. :wink:

Tippex :dunno:

Niffy
31-05-2016, 04:11 PM
I can't simply blend Wallace into the crowd. I would need to take a sample from another part of the crowd and layer it over him. I would then need to alter the appearance to make it "fit". Somebody with Adobe Photoshop Pro may be able to do it though. I'm still in the prehistoric era with my software. :wink:

Careful of how much you do and put this pic out as it's copyrighted.

Niffy
31-05-2016, 04:13 PM
We can do mono of this , and subdued background too.

barcahibs
31-05-2016, 04:19 PM
Sorry folks... Is anyone else slightly disturbed by this discussion of how people can get hold of this image/alter it for free? The photographer himself has said where it can be bought - and is even throwing in a donation to charity with the sale...

Apologies if I've misread the situation, but as a photographer (no connection to this photographer or this image) I've been through folk 'borrowing' my photos for free before and it's not nice...

FitbaFolkKen
31-05-2016, 04:29 PM
Sorry folks... Is anyone else slightly disturbed by this discussion of how people can get hold of this image/alter it for free? The photographer himself has said where it can be bought - and is even throwing in a donation to charity with the sale...

Apologies if I've misread the situation, but as a photographer (no connection to this photographer or this image) I've been through folk 'borrowing' my photos for free before and it's not nice...

Yeah I felt the same going through the thread.

davidgray210516
31-05-2016, 04:29 PM
Eh. I'm happy to pay for this pic if the photographer had the same one with the black n white background and vibrant green Hibs top but he doesn't so just simmer down on trying to take the moral highground

davidgray210516
31-05-2016, 04:44 PM
Thanks. That's exactly what I wanted. Perfect :)

Ok, here's my final effort. I'm done after this.

http://postimg.org/image/3oe4wz8xn/full/

Note: I'm not trying to steal somebody elses work or pass it off as my own. I found this image through google images doing a high resolution search for Scottish Cup 2016 images. If the original photographer contacts me and claims copyright over it. Then I will remove all versions that I have posted on this thread.

Also. If you could donate to David Grays chosen charity if you can. :aok:

Niffy
31-05-2016, 04:46 PM
Ok, here's my final effort. I'm done after this.

http://postimg.org/image/3oe4wz8xn/full/

Note: I'm not trying to steal somebody elses work or pass it off as my own. I found this image through google images doing a high resolution search for Scottish Cup 2016 images. If the original photographer contacts me and claims copyright over it. Then I will remove all versions that I have posted on this thread.

Also. If you could donate to David Grays chosen charity if you can. :aok:

PM sent.

PerfectlyFranck
31-05-2016, 05:06 PM
Eh. I'm happy to pay for this pic if the photographer had the same one with the black n white background and vibrant green Hibs top but he doesn't so just simmer down on trying to take the moral highground

Unfortunately, blurting out 'stop trying to take the moral high ground' doesn't make a wish/action legal. It's quite sad at how often and widespread things like this are; it isn't limited to photographs either.

I understand that many people want to buy cup final or Hibs-related stuff at the moment, but please be wary of the majority of sellers who will be breaching copyright, stealing images, designs, IP, etc. Most are just trying to make a quick profit from supporters in nostalgic euphoria. The copyright holders usually permit editing of their images, obviously providing they are not being redistributed in any form.

There are some excellent images from the day, but perhaps we need to take that extra bit of effort in ensuring you are not breaching copyright or buying from someone who does not have any permission or right to use a particular photo or design. Some people appear to be genuinely unaware, whilst most seem to just want what they want and that's all that matters - whilst legality is edited out of their heads because of how easy and simple it is to do so.

From tattooists, merchandise-floggers, t-shirt rip-offs and image prints… They're peddling cheap, simple, poor products to profit on the occasion. Avoid any seller on marketplace sites like eBay and Amazon, with sellers that use old Hibs logos; even social media has shoddy sellers with 'Hibernian Retro' and people on Twitter selling dodgy typographic images of the Scottish Cup or Photoshops of other people's images to print.

Most of the stuff may be cheap, but that's because the people you're buying from haven't paid a penny for the images/designs that they have stolen. It may be more difficult to get what you want, as soon as you want it, but a little more care when buying will give you a better product and the right people your money.

davidgray210516
31-05-2016, 05:17 PM
Fair point. I don't want to make profit though, just wanted the pic for a canvas in my man cave but didn't realise it'd cause this much hassle. The canvas for the size I want is costing me £57 alone so thought I'll see if I can get this pic for free but never realised it was copyrighted as its on google images but fair enough I take your point

Unfortunately, blurting out 'stop trying to take the moral high ground' doesn't make a wish/action legal. It's quite sad at how often and widespread things like this are; it isn't limited to photographs either.

I understand that many people want to buy cup final or Hibs-related stuff at the moment, but please be wary of the majority of sellers who will be breaching copyright, stealing images, designs, IP, etc. Most are just trying to make a quick profit from supporters in nostalgic euphoria. The copyright holders usually permit editing of their images, obviously providing they are not being redistributed in any form.

There are some excellent images from the day, but perhaps we need to take that extra bit of effort in ensuring you are not breaching copyright or buying from someone who does not have any permission or right to use a particular photo or design. Some people appear to be genuinely unaware, whilst most seem to just want what they want and that's all that matters - whilst legality is edited out of their heads because of how easy and simple it is to do so.

From tattooists, merchandise-floggers, t-shirt rip-offs and image prints… They're peddling cheap, simple, poor products to profit on the occasion. Avoid any seller on marketplace sites like eBay and Amazon, with sellers that use old Hibs logos; even social media has shoddy sellers with 'Hibernian Retro' and people on Twitter selling dodgy typographic images of the Scottish Cup or Photoshops of other people's images to print.

Most of the stuff may be cheap, but that's because the people you're buying from haven't paid a penny for the images/designs that they have stolen. It may be more difficult to get what you want, as soon as you want it, but a little more care when buying will give you a better product and the right people your money.

PerfectlyFranck
31-05-2016, 05:27 PM
Fair point. I don't want to make profit though, just wanted the pic for a canvas in my man cave but didn't realise it'd cause this much hassle. The canvas for the size I want is costing me £57 alone so thought I'll see if I can get this pic for free but never realised it was copyrighted as its on google images but fair enough I take your point

Google Images provide a 'hot link' to a source that is hosting the image. Most of the high quality images without a watermark are from news sites and articles as they either have permission to use official photographs, or have paid to use images. Just because you can save the image to your computer and it doesn't have someone's watermark, doesn't make it okay for people to use. Photographers usually provide canvas prints as part of the price or links to affiliated printing sites.

It's impossible to stop people from using stuff like this for their personal use, if it's accessible, but my post was largely referring to those that readily redistribute the images they use, without permission - especially those that try to make money from doing so.