PDA

View Full Version : Big/Wee Cup Shan Patter

Frazerbob
28-05-2016, 10:22 PM
Any chance we can stop referring to the Scottish & League Cups as the Big & Wee cups? It's so very Yammish.

Waxy
28-05-2016, 10:27 PM
Any chance we can stop referring to the Scottish & League Cups as the Big & Wee cups? It's so very Yammish.
Only they went on about the big cup/ wee cup. Now that we have the big cup, i'm pretty sure they'll completely shut up about it now.
Ps when did they last win the wee cup?

CallumLaidlaw
28-05-2016, 10:27 PM

It's purely in retaliation to them so I understand it. But it's always been the "league cup" to me. They undermine it because they've not won it in over 50 years. They'd have changed their story if they'd beaten st mirren recently

Frazerbob
28-05-2016, 10:29 PM
It's purely in retaliation to them so I understand it. But it's always been the "league cup" to me. They undermine it because they've not won it in over 50 years. They'd have changed their story if they'd beaten st mirren recently

Exactly. "We've no won the big cup since......" songs are funny but other than that it's the Scottish Cup for me.

BoomtownHibees
28-05-2016, 10:31 PM
Wee team big cup
Big team nae cup

Pretty Boy
28-05-2016, 10:33 PM
I loved winning the League Cup as well and should we lift it in November I'd be delighted.

The wee cup/big cup is just a reaction to the 'banter' of the Hearts fans over the years. Their 'wee cup' nonsense was just because they couldn't win it when we did. None of them will admit it publicly but they will be desperate to win the 'wee cup' now because the fact every Hibs fan over 8 has seen their team win both will annoy them something awful.

Mikers110
28-05-2016, 10:34 PM
Absolutely, it's now completely irrelevant . As per 16.50 last Saturday their Big cup Wee cup crap was erased in one glorious header.

Pete
28-05-2016, 10:34 PM

:agree:

It's disrespectful to our teams of 07,91 and the tornadoes

It's belittling their achievements by even sarcastically referring to it as "wee".

Onceinawhile
28-05-2016, 10:36 PM

Indeed. But super John and Lewis Stevenson have both won both trophies more recently than hearts.

hibs69
28-05-2016, 10:39 PM
Wee team big cup
Big team nae cup

Superb! LOL

Big_Franck
28-05-2016, 10:42 PM
They've no won the league cup for 53 years. In contrast we've now won both cups in the last 9 years. We'll need to get a song related to this for the next derby.

givescotlandfreedom
28-05-2016, 10:43 PM
Such a wee cup that hearts have boycotted it since 1962.

Bishop Hibee
28-05-2016, 10:45 PM
I don't and never have. Hertz fans are the only ones who refer to them as such.

Waxy
28-05-2016, 10:47 PM
Hibees both cups, jam tarts one cup

High-On-Hibs
28-05-2016, 10:52 PM
Any chance we can stop referring to the Scottish & League Cups as the Big & Wee cups? It's so very Yammish. It's tongue in cheek mate. I don't think any Hibs fan considers one to be a greater achievement than the other. I was equally ecstatic when we won the League Cup. It's just funny to use it against the fudbos. Turning their own shan patter against them. It's like stabbing them with their own sword.

Hi Heid Yin
28-05-2016, 11:01 PM
The 3 MAJOR trophies up for grabs each season are The League Championship, The Scottish Cup and The Scottish League Cup
Winning any of the two MAJOR cups is a MAJOR achievement. Only the Jambos dishonestly belittle the League cup simply because we keep winning it and they don't.
Their failure to win that particular cup in 54 years now stands as an embarrassment and so they really must keep on belittling it to try and save face.
Now that our boys have removed the 114 years tag, the 54 years and counting tag sits with the Jambos.
How utterly satisfying is that?
We Hibbies need to ram it down their gorgie throats at every opportunity.
:flag::flag::flag:

Frazerbob
28-05-2016, 11:06 PM
It's tongue in cheek mate. I don't think any Hibs fan considers one to be a greater achievement than the other. I was equally ecstatic when we won the League Cup. It's just funny to use it against the fudbos. Turning their own shan patter against them. It's like stabbing them with their own sword.

I know it started as a GIRUY to them but if you read most threads on here it's creeping into general chat. Leave that pish to them.

High-On-Hibs
28-05-2016, 11:11 PM
I know it started as a GIRUY to them but if you read most threads on here it's kreeping into general chat. Leave that pish to them. People are still buzzing. The last thing they're worried about is the quality of chat on a message board.

MileHighBees
28-05-2016, 11:19 PM
The 3 MAJOR trophies up for grabs each season are The League Championship, The Scottish Cup and The Scottish League Cup
Winning any of the two MAJOR cups is a MAJOR achievement. Only the Jambos dishonestly belittle the League cup simply because we keep winning it and they don't.
Their failure to win that particular cup in 54 years now stands as an embarrassment and so they really must keep on belittling it to try and save face.
Now that our boys have removed the 114 years tag, the 54 years and counting tag sits with the Jambos.
:flag::flag::flag:

Was about to say something similar.
For a while there were daft comments about the League Cup no longer being a major trophy because it didn't bring a European place any more :rolleyes:
The Scottish Cup is more prestigious than the League Cup and always has been but both are still major trophies.
Given how difficult it has been for anyone outside the obvious 2 to win the league in recent years, winning either of the 2 cups (without financial doping) is still a massive achievement.
When someone else actually does win their fans remember it forever.
This decade :-
Ask Killie
Ask St Mirren
Ask Aberdeen
Ask Ross County
Ask St Johnstone
Ask ICT
Ask Hibs :greengrin

monktonharp
28-05-2016, 11:22 PM
:flag::flag::flag:I totally agree with you, and for the previous poster re-the song.....tell all the jambos you know, .for 54 years, you've no won the cup, you've no won the cup for 54 years in arrow. ram it upum!! for another poster, it's yammish. oh is it? get it right up the bassas. they gave me it for the last 49 years so they are due it.

NAE NOOKIE
28-05-2016, 11:29 PM
Totally agree with the OP ....... it only ever became 'the wee cup' to the Yams because they had won the Scottish but just simply couldn't do it in the League cup whereas we could .. therefore they simply had to belittle our achievement any way they could.

Well now that's changed ....... we have a losing streak in the league cup of 9 years and a losing streak in the Scottish Cup of 0 years. They have a losing streak in the league cup of 54 years and a losing streak in the Scottish cup of 4 years.

Now its our turn to talk about 1962 and time for them to start talking about curses ... 54 years is a long time :greengrin

Edinburgher
28-05-2016, 11:40 PM
You know, even the Huns were delighted to win the Petrofac this season saying that they were going for the "treble" (and that was with straight faces), as we all know Hearts fans obsession with size comes from a feeling of inadequacy due to the fact that they have only won three cups in 50 odd years whilst proclaiming to be Scotland`s third best supported club! Hearts - so big they have to keep saying it!

lyonhibs
29-05-2016, 04:28 AM
This fascination with size has long been a Jambo trait. Bet the Kickback massive has been out with the rulers praying for an above-average cock length since Saturday.

Prayers that have doubtless gone unanswered.

stevenhibs
29-05-2016, 07:23 AM
Since 19 six two..... It's a double whack!

Jdawg
29-05-2016, 08:50 AM

Correct, glorious to see St Mirren beat them in the final, a team they despise and blame for loosing the league in 86. Solely to hide the fact that it was in THEIR hands and it was theirs with 10 minutes to go.

Now that is the definition of bottling it.

29-05-2016, 08:57 AM
I agree, it just more guff the yams come out with in their obsession with being "the big team". Not even celtic fans come out with the same cringeworthy stuff the yams do.

Funny how when they got to the final in 2013 the so called "wee cup" suddenly became important and we were losers for not getting to the final like them.

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-05-2016, 09:01 AM
Hearts big cup is the Champions League?

Keith_M
29-05-2016, 09:09 AM
The Big Cup/Wee Cup is a Hearts invention, an attempt to belittle our achievements in winning a trophy they seem incapable of winning themselves.

The only time Hibs Fans have used this term is in reference to them, not to belittle the achievement of winning the League Cup but to show them how this has now backfired.

It'll soon die down, so don't worry about it.

29-05-2016, 09:12 AM
Hearts big cup is the Champions League?

Are they no meant to be winning that sometime soon, i'm sure Romanov told them 10 years.

29-05-2016, 09:18 AM
You know, even the Huns were delighted to win the Petrofac this season saying that they were going for the "treble" (and that was with straight faces), as we all know Hearts fans obsession with size comes from a feeling of inadequacy due to the fact that they have only won three cups in 50 odd years whilst proclaiming to be Scotland`s third best supported club! Hearts - so big they have to keep saying it!

Thats it isn't it, real big clubs don't have to keep giving "oh look at us! look how big we are! big team, wee team etc etc" every chance they get. They seem to believe that the more they say it over and over again the truer it will become. Very very sad indeed. Would you ever hear Real Madrid, Barcelona, Man Utd, Liverpool fans etc or even celtic fans become so obsessed in this big team/wee team nonsense. No because they ARE big teams, they don't have to keep saying it over and over again trying to convince people (and themselves). It seems to be only hearts that have such an obsession, an obsession that got so huge that it nearly crippled them, bumping creditors to cheat themselves a bit of glory and fuel this pathetic wee big team delusion.

HappyHanlon
29-05-2016, 01:51 PM
The "wee cup" pish will vanish because it was only referred to that as long as we didn't win the Scottish.

They creeps will now clutch at any trophy (including the East of Scotland shield).

Sad bitter tossers.

Iggy Pope
29-05-2016, 02:27 PM
:agree:

It's disrespectful to our teams of 07,91 and the tornadoes

It's belittling their achievements by even sarcastically referring to it as "wee".

What's worse, they belittle the achievements of what was undoubtedly the best Hearts team in their own scattered history. Pre-doping.

northstandhibby
29-05-2016, 02:32 PM
The "wee cup" pish will vanish because it was only referred to that as long as we didn't win the Scottish.

They creeps will now clutch at any trophy (including the East of Scotland shield).

Sad bitter tossers.

:top marks

It's absolutely amazing that Hibernian have won the two major Cup competitions in the last 10 years. It must hurt the hertz big time that we won the Scottish Cup in the same year they had come up with the 'Hibsing it' which will now be 'hibsing it- winning the Scottish Cup against the odds'.

Magic.

Glory Glory

Hibernia&Alba
29-05-2016, 02:34 PM
I always put the 'big cup' in inverted commas. We've won the 'big cup' and the League Cup in the past decade, as big clubs do. Small clubs, such as that in Gorgie, try to downplay a major domestic trophy, as befits their wee team mentality. Since 1962......

Northernhibee
29-05-2016, 02:58 PM
Wee team big cup
Wee team wee cup
Big team two nil
Then they ****ed up

Feed McGraw
29-05-2016, 03:10 PM
I`ll tell you what though, if you were a company thinking of sponsoring one of the cups the Scottish cup has an undoubtedly higher profile, but for some bizarre reason quite a lot of people refer to the league cup by the sponsors name i.e. " Skol cup, CIS cup - for years and years after the event still referring to it as the sponsors name - really annoys me and I think that belittles it a bit, some fellow hibbies are the worst culprits actually.

cloudy
29-05-2016, 03:23 PM
We won the " big cup " in 90 plus 2

killie-hibby
29-05-2016, 03:39 PM
Yams always go on about size.They would very quickly shut up if someone produced a measuring tape. Then they would very quickly realise what's big and what's small.