PDA

View Full Version : They just don't understand

Mikers110
28-05-2016, 09:28 PM
I've been trying to explain all week to non Hibs fans what last week meant to us. Even Roger Hannah in the Daily Mail today tried to say our win was no different to St Johnstone's recent cup win, and they didn't invade the pitch, thus completely failing to understand our history and the outpouring of emotions at the final whistle. They just don't get it. Anybody else having the same problem?

greenlex
28-05-2016, 09:30 PM
No. Football fans that are not Hibs fans get it alright.

SlickShoes
28-05-2016, 09:31 PM
It can't be explained, it's indescribable.

We know, we experienced it, I feel sorry for other football fans that will never be able to understand it.

Waxy
28-05-2016, 09:39 PM
Doesnt matter.Only we understand and that is all that matters.

ALF TUPPER
28-05-2016, 09:43 PM
Absolutely.... Only WE get it.

I don't remember a time the whole club has been galvanised like this.

GGTTH

hibsbollah
28-05-2016, 09:49 PM
Decent football fans do get it. I've been congratulated all week. It's just the media.

scuttle
28-05-2016, 09:52 PM
I've been trying to explain all week to non Hibs fans what last week meant to us. Even Roger Hannah in the Daily Mail today tried to say our win was no different to St Johnstone's recent cup win, and they didn't invade the pitch, thus completely failing to understand our history and the outpouring of emotions at the final whistle. They just don't get it. Anybody else having the same problem?

That's because the written press ,tv ,and radio have wound us up for years now so must take some of he blame for the outpouring of joy and relief at full time. Other teams like St johnstone have not had the ridicule we have had to put up with hence our reaction

Big_Franck
28-05-2016, 09:58 PM
Decent football fans do get it. I've been congratulated all week. It's just the media.

I don't know if a lot of them do 'get it' though. Your average rangers or celtic fan at work that congratulated us last week doesn't really understand the importance of it. They've no idea what it's like to go 20 years without winning it never mind 114.

For me the only people outside our club that really understand what last Saturday meant to us and our club are hardcore jambos.

Greencore
28-05-2016, 10:02 PM
Did anyone else think that this thread would be a tribute to sir John McGinn?

Waxy
28-05-2016, 10:05 PM
I don't know if a lot of them do 'get it' though. Your average rangers or celtic fan at work that congratulated us last week doesn't really understand the importance of it. They've no idea what it's like to go 20 years without winning it never mind 114.

For me the only people outside our club that really understand what last Saturday meant to us and our club are hardcore jambos.

Yes only the jambos might come close to understanding but they didn't feel the high, in fact they probably felt a very big low so i'd still say only we really understand.

Big_Franck
28-05-2016, 10:13 PM
Yes only the jambos might come close to understanding but they didn't feel the high, in fact they probably felt a very big low so i'd still say only we really understand.

Can't disagree with that. Judging by how quiet a lot of them still are it seems they're still on that low :greengrin

Haymaker
28-05-2016, 10:14 PM

We know, we experienced it, I feel sorry for other football fans that will never be able to understand it.

This.

trev the hat
28-05-2016, 10:23 PM

Good shout Slick & so true.

MileHighBees
28-05-2016, 10:43 PM
That's because the written press ,tv ,and radio have wound us up for years now so must take some of he blame for the outpouring of joy and relief at full time. Other teams like St johnstone have not had the ridicule we have had to put up with hence our reaction

I get what you're saying but to me the fact that more than just our local rivals went on about 1902 was really a bit of a back-handed compliment.
When a popular club like Hibs had not won the Scottish Cup for so long it made an interesting story that the media felt was worth mentioning again and again.
Like the Chicago Cubs 'hoodoo' and Boston Red Sox (before their recent wins), they get/got talked about because lots of people actually care about those winning 'droughts'.
Does anyone, except maybe Dundee United fans, mention how long it is since Dundee won a major trophy ?
Perhaps that just tells you that less people are interested in Dundee.
St Johnstone, ICT and Ross County have all recently won their first ever major trophy - great achievements for those clubs.
If they didn't get slagged off before that for not winning anything it's because it wasn't such a big story and expectations were not that high.
Did you know that Ayr United, who have had decent teams in the past, have never won a major trophy ?
Killie fans sing about it but no-one else really cares.
There are plenty of other Scottish teams who have never won anything either.
(no offense meant to any of the teams I mentioned above - just using examples to make a point about Hibs - I'd be happy to see Dundee or Ayr win something at some point in the future)

Hibs aren't always the biggest story in Scottish football but they're still bigger than most and are worth talking about :greengrin
GGTTH
:flag:

TrinityHibs
28-05-2016, 10:53 PM

Said pretty well that today. Nothing has effected me like last Saturday and I really don't believe anything ever will.

Sir David Gray
28-05-2016, 11:05 PM
Hibby folk ken whit's gaun oan. :aok:

NAE NOOKIE
28-05-2016, 11:16 PM
This is why the pitch invasion wasn't foreseen by the police or the SFA ....... they had no idea what this win would mean to us because they are all consumed by the old firm and even though the evidence was staring them in the face they thought winning the cup was just winning the cup. They just didn't stop to think that the 'holy grail' was burned into the psyche of every Hibs fan and winning it was everything.

It is not disrespectful to any other club to say that of all the clubs in Scotland Hibs above all others had an emotional investment in the cup that they simply couldn't understand.

JohnM1875
28-05-2016, 11:19 PM
They honestly don't get it. And I'm fine with that! Makes it all the more special.

My two best mates are from the west and are Morton fans. They said tonight, after me explaining I'd missed the Champions league final opening goal (cause I was for at least the 100th time watching the real cup final highlights) as a "hibee overreaction"

I love them, but **** them. If they don't get it I don't care. I've honestly never been happier than I was last Saturday.

Mikers110
28-05-2016, 11:30 PM
They honestly don't get it. And I'm fine with that! Makes it all the more special.

My two best mates are from the west and are Morton fans. They said tonight, after me explaining I'd missed the Champions league final opening goal (cause I was for at least the 100th time watching the real cup final highlights) as a "hibee overreaction"

I love them, but **** them. If they don't get it I don't care. I've honestly never been happier than I was last Saturday.
The bottom line is that we are unique, and thank God for that. For all the trophies they have won, who would swap last weeks win for the 'yeh, we won another cup, what will I have for my tea' attitude
of the old firm.

Lancs Harp
28-05-2016, 11:35 PM
This is why the pitch invasion wasn't foreseen by the police or the SFA ....... they had no idea what this win would mean to us because they are all consumed by the old firm and even though the evidence was staring them in the face they thought winning the cup was just winning the cup. They just didn't stop to think that the 'holy grail' was burned into the psyche of every Hibs fan and winning it was everything.

It is not disrespectful to any other club to say that of all the clubs in Scotland Hibs above all others had an emotional investment in the cup that they simply couldn't understand.

I would go further. Living in England where the FA cup is often regarded as being devalued, certainly by the bigger clubs, no team I know has an affection to the cup or an emotional bond like Hibs, in all of Britain.

That trophy so long sought and fought for has a special meaning to Hibs fans, maybe even more so now we've actually won the bl00dy thing.

CallumLaidlaw
Agree with all above. My wife is ready to divorce me after the last week. I spent the afternoon speaking with my dad and 2 uncles who between them share around 210 years. They are all Hibbies and were all like little kids as we chatted about the match and aftermath. We are part of history and no other fan will share the feeling we had with getting it off our back. There's a difference with never having won it and being a big team that have waited so long for it.

truehibernian

Do you honestly honestly care what Roger Hannah says or writes ?

Surely this week of all weeks shows you the hollowness of Scottish football journalism ?

Rise above it, pour a drink, and let the Scottish sports journos froth at the mouth - it's amazing how their social media tweets, posts and articles have come to a crashing halt.......as Twain said, never let the truth get in the way of a good story !

The whole of Scottish football media should hang their heads in shame at their lack of investigative and objective journalism - none of them, and I mean none of them, could investigate facts !

connerg
28-05-2016, 11:56 PM

Yes. lol

connerg
28-05-2016, 11:59 PM

Very true. :top marks

monktonharp
29-05-2016, 12:07 AM

It is not disrespectful to any other club to say that of all the clubs in Scotland Hibs above all others had an emotional investment in the cup that they simply couldn't understand.Well thought out post, and you have my admiration for it :top marks

monktonharp
29-05-2016, 12:24 AM
I get what you're saying but to me the fact that more than just our local rivals went on about 1902 was really a bit of a back-handed compliment.
When a popular club like Hibs had not won the Scottish Cup for so long it made an interesting story that the media felt was worth mentioning again and again.
Like the Chicago Cubs 'hoodoo' and Boston Red Sox (before their recent wins), they get/got talked about because lots of people actually care about those winning 'droughts'.
Does anyone, except maybe Dundee United fans, mention how long it is since Dundee won a major trophy ?
Perhaps that just tells you that less people are interested in Dundee.
St Johnstone, ICT and Ross County have all recently won their first ever major trophy - great achievements for those clubs.
If they didn't get slagged off before that for not winning anything it's because it wasn't such a big story and expectations were not that high.
Did you know that Ayr United, who have had decent teams in the past, have never won a major trophy ?
Killie fans sing about it but no-one else really cares.
There are plenty of other Scottish teams who have never won anything either.
(no offense meant to any of the teams I mentioned above - just using examples to make a point about Hibs - I'd be happy to see Dundee or Ayr win something at some point in the future)

Hibs aren't always the biggest story in Scottish football but they're still bigger than most and are worth talking about :greengrin
GGTTH
:flag:You say the fact that we had not won it for so long, made it an interesting story for the media. I beg to differ. you obviously live" far from the madding crowd", but our so called media took pleasure in mentioning, during any televised game involving us in the Scottish Cup of the longevity of our failure to hold the cup.they then failed to grasp the situation, when we invaded the pitch as something that we had craved for so long,and our forefathers had craved for before us. they could not see it coming,if we actually won the bloody thing. as an aside though, you have mentioned Dundee. they have won the league cup during the 70's and did win the championship in 1961 I think, with Gordon Smith playing for them. they are now the new "big club unable to win the Scottish" for 106 years.

Forza Fred
29-05-2016, 12:41 AM

Pretty much my view.

The Glesca polis think that unless it's an old firm game, then There is a minimum threat level of things going awry

They really don't understand , whether it comes to bus arrangements, crowd control or anything else much outside the city boundary.

Mibbes Aye
29-05-2016, 12:48 AM

:agree:

Having read it, it's okay but it's not a tribute to JMcG, which is sort of what I had anticipated :greengrin

GreenNWhiteArmy
29-05-2016, 01:05 AM

I've got a good mate at work that knows his fitbaw. Unfortunately he's a rangers fan but a top bloke nonetheless. Came up to me and shook my hand said he was delighted for me and all the top hibs pals he's got.

Even a semi decent jambo knows. We deserved this. Not many big sporting teams around the world have suffered the cruelty felt by Hibernian FC.

Our time has come. Even if the media try to spin it differently. We defend our club cause we know it is purely down to bitterness! GGTTH 💚

Greencore
29-05-2016, 01:22 AM
My dads a Rangers fan and he was one of the first to say well done to me. Said we were the better team and he was happy for us.... Could also understand why we ran on the pitch. Good guy, shame about who he supports lol

MileHighBees
29-05-2016, 01:26 AM
You say the fact that we had not won it for so long, made it an interesting story for the media. I beg to differ. you obviously live" far from the madding crowd", but our so called media took pleasure in mentioning, during any televised game involving us in the Scottish Cup of the longevity of our failure to hold the cup.they then failed to grasp the situation, when we invaded the pitch as something that we had craved for so long,and our forefathers had craved for before us. they could not see it coming,if we actually won the bloody thing. as an aside though, you have mentioned Dundee. they have won the league cup during the 70's and did win the championship in 1961 I think, with Gordon Smith playing for them. they are now the new "big club unable to win the Scottish" for 106 years.

I never mentioned the pitch invasion situation just the 1902 thing, maybe I was off topic a bit.
If I could change one word from my previous post it would probably be 'interesting'.
Newsworthy, maybe ?
I'm aware that the media made a big deal of it and some of them maybe enjoyed it.
My point was that big/popular teams get discussion / praise / criticism.
Smaller teams get ignored.
I'd rather Hibs were worth talking about.
The media need something new to talk about now but I doubt Dundee will merit such attention.

monktonharp
29-05-2016, 01:48 AM
I never mentioned the pitch invasion situation just the 1902 thing, maybe I was off topic a bit.
If I could change one word from my previous post it would probably be 'interesting'.
Newsworthy, maybe ?
I'm aware that the media made a big deal of it and some of them maybe enjoyed it.
My point was that big/popular teams get discussion / praise / criticism.
Smaller teams get ignored.
I'd rather Hibs were worth talking about.
The media need something new to talk about now but I doubt Dundee will merit such attention.get your point, but just to annoy fans of the "Dee" the press will now be on their case if they get anywhere near a final. 1910 was the last time they won the Scottish.

monkeyboy1875
29-05-2016, 02:23 AM
My wife certainly doesn't understand. I'm sleeping in the spare room!

mjhibby
29-05-2016, 03:15 AM

It's the it's ma ball syndrome. The narrative for the final was already written. The glorious the Rangers,the gers,the teddy bears were going to triumphantly win the cup enter Europe and their manager the best manager anywhere. Unfortunately we didn't read the script and to add insult to injury we invaded the pitch in jubilation and the gets fans who couldn't handle it wanted a fight. The ridiculous statement from buffoon traynor was total toys out of the pram stuff and showed the hurt the weeegie press felt at their champions being gubbed in glorious fashion. The even more hysterical reaction of the West course rags was also partly due to their in joke coming back to bite them on the rear end big style. Every post of 1902,114 years by the hibs fans takes the seethe to a new level. It's says much that the vast majority of the pbs mob have taken it really well as opposed to the reaction out West. Now we are seeing nothing in the press about our victory as the petted lip continues. They get it all right it just wasn't in their script.

Waxy
29-05-2016, 07:29 AM
Hibby folk ken whit's gaun oan. :aok:
This is it.Not just the 23,000 that were at the game, but every Hibby watching anywhere must have felt it from when David Gray scored and from then on.Cant see how any non Hibby can understand.

Aldo
29-05-2016, 07:34 AM
This is why the pitch invasion wasn't foreseen by the police or the SFA ....... they had no idea what this win would mean to us because they are all consumed by the old firm and even though the evidence was staring them in the face they thought winning the cup was just winning the cup. They just didn't stop to think that the 'holy grail' was burned into the psyche of every Hibs fan and winning it was everything. It is not disrespectful to any other club to say that of all the clubs in Scotland Hibs above all others had an emotional investment in the cup that they simply couldn't understand.

If this is the case then someone at the SFA should get their tatties!!

This should have been built into the contingency and not just for this game but every game because the potential is there for that to happen!!

Carheenlea
29-05-2016, 07:45 AM
I've never heard of Roger Hannah, but it tells you more about him that he thinks our win last week wasn't any different to St Johnstone. Is he a sportswriter or a standard journalist? Hard to believe anyone with a passion for football wouldn't "get" what happened last weekend. Baffling.

Caversham Green
29-05-2016, 08:04 AM
I don't think it's just the 1902 thing, although that does play a big part.

In the past few years we've been hammered in two Scottish cup finals (one by our financially doped derby rivals), humiliated in Europe and relegated from a position of apparent safety, all the time watching the yams and sevco bounce back from shedding all their financial burdens.

In the few months prior to our Scottish Cup final we lost the League Cup final by a last-minute goal despite being the better team and the promotion play-offs due to some very dodgy refereeing and another last-minute goal. Even in the final we were 2-1 down after being ahead and again being the better side.

Little wonder we got a bit over-excited winning it the way we did.

The Falcon
29-05-2016, 08:23 AM
I don't think it's just the 1902 thing, although that does play a big part.

In the past few years we've been hammered in two Scottish cup finals (one by our financially doped derby rivals), humiliated in Europe and relegated from a position of apparent safety, all the time watching the yams and sevco bounce back from shedding all their financial burdens.

In the few months prior to our Scottish Cup final we lost the League Cup final by a last-minute goal despite being the better team and the promotion play-offs due to some very dodgy refereeing and another last-minute goal. Even in the final we were 2-1 down after being ahead and again being the better side.

Little wonder we got a bit over-excited winning it the way we did.

I would add the whole "Hibsing" it stuff from Yamsound and their mocking radio pundits alongside question marks over the players professionalism. desire and will to win. All those were very firmly laid to rest and all they have left is ridiculous comparisons between our invasion and the 1980 riots as they continue to succor favour from the Newhun spin machine.

I was at a party and there were a number of unwelcome gatecrashers.

Northernhibee
29-05-2016, 08:31 AM
It changed everything. After decades of ridicule, disappointment, embarrassment and humiliation we're no longer having the past haunt us but we now look ahead to the future and what we can achieve.

killie-hibby
29-05-2016, 08:57 AM

If you mean Saturday's (May 28th) edition the article was written by Stephen McGowan. He was full of praise for Sky pundit Andy Walker. Indicating his version of the pitch invasion was accurate and truthful. He also said that Sky had another camera filming scenes of gratuitous violence and Rangers players being harried and harassed, so awful they cant be broadcast.But are only suitable for Police Scotland to see.
"As Hibs supporters poured on to the pitch,goading and jostling Rangers players,others challenged their opposite numbers to a square go on the pitch. Walker didn't hold back". " The conduct of some of these Hibs supporters is absolutely disgraceful, absolutely disgraceful" said Walker. McGowan goes on to say "No one who was there could take issue with him. The description was accurate."
Mcgowan's article seems to be formulated in support of his MSM colleagues rather than expose their gross exaggerations.
Yes they are clueless as to why Hibs supporters expressed an outburst of emotion. We all know,if The Rangers had won,and their supporters ran on to the pitch, it would have been described as a " fully merited expression of joy, who can blame them,they deserve to be part of the occasion."
Maybe McGowan like Jackson of the DR submits articles to Traynor for publication approval.

Waxy
29-05-2016, 09:07 AM
If you mean Saturday's (May 28th) edition the article was written by Stephen McGowan. He was full of praise for Sky pundit Andy Walker. Indicating his version of the pitch invasion was accurate and truthful. He also said that Sky had another camera filming scenes of gratuitous violence and Rangers players being harried and harassed, so awful they cant be broadcast.But are only suitable for Police Scotland to see.
"As Hibs supporters poured on to the pitch,goading and jostling Rangers players,others challenged their opposite numbers to a square go on the pitch. Walker didn't hold back". " The conduct of some of these Hibs supporters is absolutely disgraceful, absolutely disgraceful" said Walker. McGowan goes on to say "No one who was there could take issue with him. The description was accurate."
Mcgowan's article seems to be formulated in support of his MSM colleagues rather than expose their gross exaggerations.
Yes they are clueless as to why Hibs supporters expressed an outburst of emotion. We all know,if The Rangers had won,and their supporters ran on to the pitch, it would have been described as a " fully merited expression of joy, who can blame them,they deserve to be part of the occasion."
Maybe McGowan like Jackson of the DR submits articles to Traynor for publication approval.

The few individuals from BOTH sides who did do anything will be caught and charged.

Bristolhibby
29-05-2016, 09:52 AM

When you talk to real football fans, they get it.

One of the blokes in the office is a Gillingham Town ST holder. (We work in Bristol, Gillingham is in Kent). He doesn't drive and trecks across from Bristol to Kent all the time.

I explained to him bursting into tears at FT. "Oh I completely get that", was his reply.

Real fans get what we just did.

It's quite good in my office, there's me a Hibs fan, a Queen of the South fan, the Gills bloke, my mate who's a Port Vale fan, and a Spurs lad. All very interesting chat in the office.

J

hibsbollah
29-05-2016, 09:56 AM

If you're a real football fan you understand what happened. And the articles above aren't written for the benefit of real football fans, who probably realise than in the 21st century believing what you read in the paper is gross stupidity.

Steve-O
29-05-2016, 09:59 AM
It's not just the 114 years, it's all of the lost finals in between. That is the difference between Hibs and your St Johnstone / Ross County / ICT etc. :agree:

hibsbollah
29-05-2016, 10:05 AM
It's not just the 114 years, it's all of the lost finals in between. That is the difference between Hibs and your St Johnstone / Ross County / ICT etc. :agree:

Of course. But the journalist knows that himself. He's is just goading and deserves as much attention as the average barstool bore.

Reaper
29-05-2016, 10:45 AM
Ive said to alot of folk for years, Rangers and Celtic fans particularly they'll never know how it feels to win a trophy supporting a team like Hibs. They'll never experience the ups and downs like we do and whilst 2007 was a huge relief and joyous occasion, last Saturday was the finding of the 'Holy Grail'. Generations of Hibs supporters far and wide have never had the privilege to watch the team they love lift 'that' cup.
I'll never forget the feeling I had when Grays header hit the net, when I spoke to My Dad and wee boy from Hampden, the 20 mins of non stop crying and cuddling what felt like the whole of the Hibs support inside Hampden.
I've not celebrated how Id liked due to illness but Ill always remember those moments. I doubt anyone will fully understand how we all felt at that moment.

The Falcon
29-05-2016, 10:55 AM
Of course. But the journalist knows that himself. He's is just goading and deserves as much attention as the average barstool bore.

Of course he does. Even recently we have been in 7 finals (4SC and 3LC) and how many outside ER would have made us favourites for any. whilst Livi were in admin they were still one point ahead of us in the league at the time of the final with their first team pretty much intact. Killie in 2006-2007 were ahead of us in the league and finished ahead of us. Ross C were a division above us although, I think, the bookies had us slight favourites. The SC's two were against Celtic, one against a financially doped Hearts and Saturdays against Newhun. Out of the seven finals this millenium only Celtic and Old Rangers have been in more. Yet the press continually label us some sort of failure's?

Onion
29-05-2016, 10:57 AM

Some commentators used was "tormented" to describe Hibs struggle to win the Cup, which was spot on.

Did St Johnstone have 10 previous failed final attempts - NO.
Did they have opposing fans from within their city poke fun year after year - NO.
Did they have media throwing "StJohnstones-it" at them at every opportunity - NO.
Did they have TV commentators bring up St Johnstone's hammering by their fiercest rivals in a recent final - NO

Has ANYONE else in world football that kind of record in their National Cup competition - I doubt it !

The Daily Mail and other blinkered west coast media have not go a clue, or they choose to ignore it as it does not suit their agenda.

Bottom line is Hibs win was the MOST FANTASTIC event to his Scottish Football since Aberdeen won the Cup Winners Cup - and the media HATE THAT !! Hibs win last Sat was 10 x Bigger than the Huns getting back into the Premier League - and they HATE THAT !! Hibernian Family have every cause for jubilant celebration - and the HATE THAT TOO !!

KingFranck
29-05-2016, 11:02 AM
Someone at work said was it the best day in your life, obviously 2nd to your kids being born?
My reply no it was THE best day in my life full stop. Sorry kids :wink::flag::flag::flag:
Admins - please add a Scottish Cup smily :aok:

greenpaper55
29-05-2016, 11:12 AM
I think the whole running on to the pitch has to be put in context, if our fans were guilty of doing this on a regular basis then we should be hammered for it but it seems that fans were overwhelmed by the event, it is just unfortunate that some disgraced themselves but the vast majority were just delirious with joy.

tamig
29-05-2016, 11:14 AM

This sums it up perfectly. Nice one.👍

Deansy
29-05-2016, 11:14 AM

'They just don't get it' - Oh the media DO get it !. St.Johnstone don't get (the equivalent of) remarks like 'Hibsing it' or the constant reminders of '1902/114 years' at every single opportunity !. Neither are the Saints constantly reminded of THEIR failures rather than their successes. I think what really riles the media is despite our lack of success, Hibs are STILL in the top four of 'Big Clubs' in Scotland so comparing us to St.Johnstone is just another way of insulting us (and I mean no disrespect to the Saints) as is their habit these days !

Yes, a club our size HASN'T won as many honours as it should/could have done and YES we DO have a shocking record in the SC finals but I defy anyone to name a club outside of the 'Old ****' whom the media reguarly slags-off and insults like they do with Hibs !. I do honestly believe that we're the 'other team in Green & White' who get the treatment/disrespect that the media would love to give Septic but are too afraid to !!

Waxy
29-05-2016, 11:29 AM
Also add in the number of times we've been cheated.The Falkirk handball at Easter road was a really bad one. Thomson in that final. The 1979 stonewall pen. All hugely important bits of cheating against us.Jordan Forsters miles onside goal v them would have kept us up. Leighs free kick against you guessed it, a yard over the line. Its passed paranoia.It stems from our beginnings.

hibby6270
29-05-2016, 12:38 PM
Someone at work said was it the best day in your life, obviously 2nd to your kids being born?
My reply no it was THE best day in my life full stop. Sorry kids :wink::flag::flag::flag:
Admins - please add a Scottish Cup smily :aok:

This 100%.
Would I admit to anyone? Maybe not but I can do it anonymously on here knowing it's true and how I really feel!! :greengrin:greengrin

erin go bragh
29-05-2016, 02:43 PM
"He's Alan Stubbs man , he's better than Zidane " 🇳🇬🏆
They are all a bunch of bitter bar stewards .

northstandhibby
29-05-2016, 02:49 PM

Roger Hannah has clearly jumped on the Jim Traynor Level 5 Juggernaut. Hibernian have been a massive club throughout the history of Scottish Football and he knows that. He is Hun-talking through his cake-hole to compare Hibernian with St-Johnstone and I in no way want to disrespect St-Johnstone.

The Hibernian Scottish Cup Winners of 2016 is a monumental achievement and was rightly celebrated with Hibernian fans going aptly Radge with Joy and Merriment.

GIRUY Hun Hannah.

Glory Glory

rossevenil
29-05-2016, 06:37 PM
The "Media" should bloody well understand what it meant to Hibs Fans,after all it was the "Media" that hyped up our failure to win the trophy so much that it led to the outpourings of emotion we all saw and felt.
Yes I really wanted to see Hibs win the Scottish Cup since I have been following them as a kid but its only in the last 10-15 years it became a big issue for the "Scottish Media"

I don`t remember St Johnstone year in year out having the piss taken out of them because they had NEVER won the Scottish Cup at all.

I use the term "media" loosely!

JimBHibees
30-05-2016, 09:43 AM
The "Media" should bloody well understand what it meant to Hibs Fans,after all it was the "Media" that hyped up our failure to win the trophy so much that it led to the outpourings of emotion we all saw and felt.
Yes I really wanted to see Hibs win the Scottish Cup since I have been following them as a kid but its only in the last 10-15 years it became a big issue for the "Scottish Media"

I don`t remember St Johnstone year in year out having the piss taken out of them because they had NEVER won the Scottish Cup at all.

I use the term "media" loosely!

Also because Saints very rarely got to finals until they won it and having some vocal pro Hearts / Anti Hibs pundits on BBC sportsound raised the bar in this also. 2012 final was huge also and Saints winning it highlighted it more. Got to be said the ramping up of the slagging Hibs off has been incredible this year and while we have given them ammunition to a degree other clubs would have been given some sympathy for losing League cup final and play offs late on. Seems like an agenda, when you have the Sky commentators coming out with that bollox 'Hibs it' you kind of know something isnt quite right and impartial.

Joe's ice cream
30-05-2016, 10:09 AM
My brother in law is a St J's fan and he definitely does get what this means to us- I would say most fans I know who are actual football fans especially in Scotland really understand the significance and meaning of this victory.
The media over this last week have made themselves in the main look even more out of touch with the day to day football fan

JeMeSouviens
30-05-2016, 10:18 AM
I suppose Dundee United is the closest? They'd never won the cup, beaten 6 finals in a row and after losing to the likes of St Mirren and Motherwell they must've thought they would never win it.

But ... they had won the league just over 10 years ago plus 2 league cups and a European Cup semi and UEFA Cup final, so it's not like they were success starved. Plus the actual final they won was pish. A jammy goal and then sitting in to defend. Nerve wracking for their fans but not the joyous explosion of coming back from 2-1 down with 10 to go.

McSwanky
30-05-2016, 10:24 AM
I think the closest anyone could get to understanding the enormity of this would be Dundee Utd fans - 1994 must have been a similar feeling for them (never won the cup in their history, 6 reasonably recent final defeats). I've had texts from a couple of Utd fans, and I would say they get it! (They're also obviously loving the fact that we stuffed it right up the Rangers...)

Still, they weren't even formed in 1902....

McSwanky
30-05-2016, 10:25 AM
I suppose Dundee United is the closest? They'd never won the cup, beaten 6 finals in a row and after losing to the likes of St Mirren and Motherwell they must've thought they would never win it.

But ... they had won the league just over 10 years ago plus 2 league cups and a European Cup semi and UEFA Cup final, so it's not like they were success starved. Plus the actual final they won was pish. A jammy goal and then sitting in to defend. Nerve wracking for their fans but not the joyous explosion of coming back from 2-1 down with 10 to go.

Did it really take me 6 minutes to write that post? Shouldn't have bothered, you've got it covered!

JeMeSouviens
30-05-2016, 10:36 AM
Did it really take me 6 minutes to write that post? Shouldn't have bothered, you've got it covered!

Great minds. :wink:

I've got an old mate who's a big Arab as well and he totally gets it. I think he was a bit disappointed in me for not going on the pitch though.

Kato
30-05-2016, 12:48 PM
Certain sections of the media understand exactly what this means to us. I'm talking about the reporters (they ain't journalists) and pundits who in recent years have denigrated Hibs, laughed at and hyped our misfortunes, bought into the "Hibsed it" term and generally sought to bring us down. Its those same sections of the msm who are now determined to ignore the footballing achievement of that day and concentrate on the "celebrations." It's no coincidence that the same sections of the media ignore the financial crimes of the establishment clubs whilst hailing their doped footballing achievements to the max. They don't like us, in some cases we actually scare them.

I'm glad we see who they are and know what to expect from them, other people who thought that their bias didn't exist are now seeing them for what they are; OF apologists who only see fans misbehaving when it suits their hypocritical agenda.

KeithTheHibby
30-05-2016, 01:13 PM
3 big jambos from the other halfs family all shook my hand and congratulated me at the weekend on our win, I guess they knew how much it meant to me given the fact that they went such a long time without winning a trophy.

The huns I know have not been so nice.:greengrin

pennyhibee
30-05-2016, 01:16 PM
Lazy journos H annah(rangers) McGowan and greechan(herts) leckie (St Mirren) chick young(st Mirren/rangers) and tam cowan (who watched his team invade the pitch and attack rangers players,corner flag over mcullochs head)were all too keen to jump on the hibsed it bandwagon and loved nothing more than ridicule The Hibs will now have to suck it up ,and their defence is ti tar every Hibs fan with the same brush as the few eejits who went too far .It's going to be even harder to give us any decent coverage now as we have left them now without their old tired story to tell .As for taking the shine off HIBERNIAN WINNING THE2016 SCOTTISH CUP :faf:

JimBHibees
30-05-2016, 02:18 PM
Certain sections of the media understand exactly what this means to us. I'm talking about the reporters (they ain't journalists) and pundits who in recent years have denigrated Hibs, laughed at and hyped our misfortunes, bought into the "Hibsed it" term and generally sought to bring us down. Its those same sections of the msm who are now determined to ignore the footballing achievement of that day and concentrate on the "celebrations." Its no coincidence that the same sections of the media ignore the financial crimes of the establishment clubs whilst hailing their doped footballing achievements to the max. They don't like us, in some cases we actually scare them.

I'm glad we see who they are and know what to expect from them, other people who thought that they're bias didn't exist are now seeing for what they are; OF apologists who only see fans misbehaving when it suits their hypocritical agenda.

Cracking post. Spot on.

StevieC
30-05-2016, 03:11 PM
A lot of references to St Johnstone in this thread ..

Living in Perth, with lots of St Johnstone fans as friends, I can say that most of the ones I've spoken to "get it".

Their Scottish Cup win was amazing (I was there) and Perth was jumping the whole weekend, but the ones I've spoken to understand how our win means so much to us. One or two have followed the media promoted condemnation of the pitch invasion, but there are far more that have envied the pitch invasion, and even said they'd have been on the pitch if the could have (I think security was much tighter at Celtic Park for their final).

Lets spare a thought though ..

.. for the unfortunate Liam Craig.

Onion
30-05-2016, 03:16 PM
Certain sections of the media understand exactly what this means to us. I'm talking about the reporters (they ain't journalists) and pundits who in recent years have denigrated Hibs, laughed at and hyped our misfortunes, bought into the "Hibsed it" term and generally sought to bring us down. Its those same sections of the msm who are now determined to ignore the footballing achievement of that day and concentrate on the "celebrations." It's no coincidence that the same sections of the media ignore the financial crimes of the establishment clubs whilst hailing their doped footballing achievements to the max. They don't like us, in some cases we actually scare them.

I'm glad we see who they are and know what to expect from them, other people who thought that their bias didn't exist are now seeing them for what they are; OF apologists who only see fans misbehaving when it suits their hypocritical agenda.

Spot on and well put. It might help us all if there was a full list of those journos / commentators so we can all remember just who these *******s are.

SlickShoes
30-05-2016, 03:18 PM

Living in Perth, with lots of St Johnstone fans as friends, I can say that most of the ones I've spoken to "get it".

Their Scottish Cup win was amazing (I was there) and Perth was jumping the whole weekend, but the ones I've spoken to understand how our win means so much to us. One or two have followed the media promoted condemnation of the pitch invasion, but there are far more that have envied the pitch invasion, and even said they'd have been on the pitch if the could have (I think security was much tighter at Celtic Park for their final).

Was thinking about him the other day, has done well avoiding a Scottish Cup Winners medal, poor guy!

Waxy
30-05-2016, 04:41 PM

You the man.

Danderhall Hibs
30-05-2016, 10:30 PM

Cosgrove said (in our defence) on off the ball that they had 15 mins or so to come to terms with what was happening, whereas we had a minute.

Danderhall Hibs
30-05-2016, 10:32 PM

McGowans the clown radio Scotland wheel out when they can't afford to get Spiers on.

Boy can't even speak properly, not surprising his writing's ***** as well.

killie-hibby
30-05-2016, 11:07 PM

I'm glad we see who they are and know what to expect from them, other people who thought that their bias didn't exist are now seeing them for what they are; OF apologists who only see fans misbehaving when it suits their hypocritical agenda.((

Most of those reporters, whom you correctly describe, as not being journalists, write in their columns that "we should be talking about a great game of football which changed sporting history. Instead we are writing about Hibs supporters shocking behaviour." For gods sake,what an excuse. Absolutely nothing to prevent them from writing and talking about the game and subsequent historical victory. The same reporters were forever describing Hibs as losers and bottlers. The only thing stopping them from writing about the football game and Hibs reversal of fortune is their own narrow minded biased agenda. Wish they had even 1% of self awareness. Bigot Twin arse lickers. One other thing. Why did the BBC fail to show any footage or even mention Hibs victory parade on Reporting scotland.

matty_f
30-05-2016, 11:12 PM
McGowans the clown radio Scotland wheel out when they can't afford to get Spiers on.

Boy can't even speak properly, not surprising his writing's ***** as well.

You think he's bad - try listening to Hugh Keevins on one of the podcasts (Sun or Superscoreboard). Punctuates every word with a full stop, kind of giving you the hope that the ***** he's talking is coming to an end, but then hitting you with the disappointment of more words.

Kato
30-05-2016, 11:12 PM
((

Most of those reporters, whom you correctly describe, as not being journalists, write in their columns that "we should be talking about a great game of football which changed sporting history. Instead we are writing about Hibs supporters shocking behaviour." For gods sake,what an excuse. Absolutely nothing to prevent them from writing and talking about the game and subsequent historical victory. The same reporters were forever describing Hibs as losers and bottlers. The only thing stopping them from writing about the football game and Hibs reversal of fortune is their own narrow minded biased agenda. Wish they had even 1% of self awareness. Bigot Twin arse lickers. One other thing. Why did the BBC fail to show any footage or even mention Hibs victory parade on Reporting scotland.

'Cos thur seek. :flag:

Mibbes Aye
30-05-2016, 11:24 PM
You think he's bad - try listening to Hugh Keevins on one of the podcasts (Sun or Superscoreboard). Punctuates every word with a full stop, kind of giving you the hope that the ***** he's talking is coming to an end, but then hitting you with the disappointment of more words.

:greengrin

Graham Spiers and Stuart Cosgrove ventured down to Galashiels last Thursday evening, I think they are doing some tour with a format of "An audience with...".

It's called 'Five images of football', basically them sitting on the stage with a big screen behind them and five iconic photos that act as a talking point for them to riff on. There's a Q+A at the end.

Their first image was of the open-top bus on Easter Road. They shied away from talking about the game itself but talked heavily about Sunshine on Leith and Cosgrove in particular was very emotive about it, describing it as the best fans' song going. Spiers was in agreement and one of them (can't remember whom) said it was probably more emotional than LFC and "You'll Never Walk Alone". I wouldn't go that far, because of the Hillsborough overtones for YNWA but it was very clear that they were both happy to talk up Hibs.

What was refreshing was listening to two people talking intelligently about football. Why the BBC, TV and radio, fails to provide that is a mystery to me.

They also took the absolute piss out of Hans Eskillson. Was a good night all things considered.

givescotlandfreedom
30-05-2016, 11:28 PM

:agree::agree::agree::rotflmao: