Wages paid
Local businesses paid
Charity money not stolen
Council tax paid

They can ****in have it for me

GGTTH 😂

madabouthibs
28-05-2016, 08:57 PM
Don't give one hoot, it was only 4-1 when I left anyway.

hibby6270
28-05-2016, 09:00 PM
Did at the time but not now.

DH1875
i just answered that in another thread. Answer is still the same though :thumbsup:.

Wilson
I didn't appreciate being dead as a club. We seem to be ok now.

Callum7
28-05-2016, 09:01 PM
Of course! I assume you're talking about the league cup final as it's the only game I remember ending with that score.

matty_f
Nope. Was proper pish at the time but knowing that going through that and then the loss to Celtc made the win last week infinitely sweeter, pretty much wipes it out.

hibees 7062
I do it was the last time we won the wee cup :wink:

Mikers110
28-05-2016, 09:02 PM
You're only as good as your last game. We won the Scottish cup in probably one of the best finals ever. They drew with St Johnstone in a meaningless league game. Says it all.

northstandhibby
28-05-2016, 09:03 PM
As said on another thread - The 2012 final is tainted beyond recognition by Romanov's criminal money that paid for hertz team.

Hibernian Scottish Cup Winners 2016

ShinyFantastic
Would have described it as one of the worst days of my life until 16:49 last Saturday. Not anymore!

Flynn
It was, and always will be, a tainted victory for the yams. Try winning a cup without financial doping some time, fuds. Like Hibs. GIRFUY.

I couldn't give a flying **** through a rolling doughnut about their precious 5-1.

AFKA5814_Hibs
28-05-2016, 09:05 PM
It was incredibly annoying for 4 years, but we've now won the cup so can put it beyond us. If they mention it from now on, just smile and walk on. 👍

greenlex
Never did. Never will.

Hermit Crab
Lol. No. Irrelevant.

SaulGoodman
28-05-2016, 09:06 PM
I didn't give a toss about it by 7pm the same day to be honest.

MrSmith
28-05-2016, 09:08 PM
Absolutely not! To cheat to win is no victory and that is what they did therefore, nothing ...

Vini1875
28-05-2016, 09:10 PM
Any defeat bothers me, so yes it does. Thankfully I don't know any jambos so it is a distant memory.

Waxy
28-05-2016, 09:16 PM
Last weekend made everthing ok. Even in their cheating 5-1 they didnt come anywhere near the high we had last week.

SlickShoes
28-05-2016, 09:18 PM
It used to bother me but since David Gary scored that goal it's like water off a ducks back. The main sticking point of the 5-1 was that they stopped us winning it, the score ended up less than it could have been amazingly. Hearts as usual were happy to accept reveling in our failure more than celebrating their own win.

poolman
28-05-2016, 09:19 PM
Forgot about Herriot Watt Uni getting shafted

Peoples livelihoods getting shafted due to getting paid off

Now look where they are 😈

Clean sheet and its as if its they've done nothing wrong

Horrible club

California-Hibs
28-05-2016, 09:20 PM
Haha, not in the slightest, but I love that they think we care and that they get to us! On the flip side, the threads they've had over there since we won the Scottish Cup are brilliant. We've really hurt them with this one!

northstandhibby
28-05-2016, 09:21 PM
Last weekend made everthing ok. Even in their cheating 5-1 they didnt come anywhere near the high we had last week.

:top marks

Everyone knows the hertz then were being funded by a Russian Criminal and paying wages far far above what they could afford with honest money.

This 2016 Scottish Cup was won against the odds with honesty and integrity. Sweet Sweet Victory.

Glory Glory to the Hi bees the Scottish Cup Champions 2016

MileHighBees
28-05-2016, 09:23 PM
As said on another thread - The 2012 final is tainted beyond recognition by Romanov's criminal money that paid for hertz team.

:agree:
As others have already said, 5-1 reminds me of the 2007 LC Final v Killie.

The 2012 final should be referred to as 5-1*
The asterisk being a permanent reference to the financial cheating that got them to that final.
Most tainted trophy win ever.
We know it. They know it. They'll just never admit it.

givescotlandfreedom
28-05-2016, 09:24 PM
We papped them out the cup to win it. They even got a home tie. And we didn't need to rob everyone to do it :thumbsup:

CraigHibee
28-05-2016, 09:26 PM
Not me

Taxes Paid
PAYE Paid
Wages paid
Local businesses paid
Charity money not stolen
Council tax paid

GGTTH 

pretty much in a nutshell for me as well, we succeeded without bumping folk and spending other folks money!

**** the hearts

Waxy
28-05-2016, 09:27 PM
Wonder if we can ask to be struck from the 2012 records as we don't want to be part of the cheating bit of their history.

Sir David Gray
28-05-2016, 09:28 PM
They had, not one, but two opportunities to knock us out this year and couldn't do it.

Hearts will always know that 114 years came to an end in the same year that they were 10 minutes away from knocking us out on their own turf.

That will do for me. :smug:

AFKA5814_Hibs
28-05-2016, 09:29 PM
We papped them out the cup to win it. They even got a home tie. And we didn't need to rob everyone to do it :thumbsup:

To be honest, that makes it better than anything else. They had the chance to stop it and ****** it up. Daftie Hertz twats. 😆

Billy Whizz
28-05-2016, 09:51 PM
To be honest, that makes it better than anything else. They had the chance to stop it and ****** it up. Daftie Hertz twats. 😆

Does that mean they will have to appear in our cup winning DVD, twice

lord bunberry
28-05-2016, 09:54 PM
I couldn't give a flying **** about that shower of *****.

Green Cabbage 7
28-05-2016, 10:04 PM
Never did always thought of it as a cheats final, ref & players they couldn't afford, so never stood for me!

Bostonhibby
28-05-2016, 10:07 PM
Never did never will. The second I heard they had abused funds that belonged to the poppy fund, the Macraes Battalion Trust and big hearts that sealed it for me.

LancsHibs
28-05-2016, 10:08 PM
No. Hurt on the day but soon got over it, it was a tainted win, won on stolen money & cheating, diabolical refereeing and bad luck

Pete
28-05-2016, 10:08 PM
Why would I care about the 1996 Scottish cup final?

calamitus
28-05-2016, 10:09 PM
I didn't give a toss about it by 7pm the same day to be honest.

I agree. When it went to 3-1, I thought 'Ah well...' Didn't connect with that hibs team, and we all knew the hearts team had been paid for with the proceeds of alleged fraud/financial crime.

Losing the Falkirk 2nd playoff bothered me way more, because this feels like a real hibs team. I also dislike the rangers at least twice as much as hearts. The combination of these reasons is what made it so much better winning this year.

davym7062
28-05-2016, 10:13 PM
pffffft no!!!! weve pumped out the big cup twice since then and gone on to win the thing. :na na:

Frazerbob
28-05-2016, 10:17 PM
They had, not one, but two opportunities to knock us out this year and couldn't do it.

Hearts will always know that 114 years came to an end in the same year that they were 10 minutes away from knocking us out on their own turf.

That will do for me. :smug:

More like 30 seconds Trig.

Eyrie
28-05-2016, 10:17 PM
It's ancient history now and as relevant as references to 1902.

We're now in 2016 and Hibs are the Scottish Cup holders.

Waxy
28-05-2016, 10:23 PM
Why would I care about the 1996 Scottish cup final?
🙂

CallumLaidlaw
28-05-2016, 10:26 PM
Couldn't care less about 2012 and felt like that for a while.

They deserved it on the day but there was lots else involved as a sideshow. They've hardly won a cup game since. We on the other hand papped them out The following season and beat them on our way to becoming SCOTTISH CUP CHAMPIONS 2016

Hi Heid Yin
28-05-2016, 10:36 PM
The most sacred and painful place to be beaten by your closest rival is on your very own turf in your own stadium in front of your home fans. Thus, Tynecastle Jan 1st 1973 was the benchmark for all derbies. Being crushed and humiliated 7-0 was and remains the defining result in the Edinburgh derby.
Losing in a neutral stadium such as Hampden (cup final or not) can never be as painful. Losing there to a financially doped team run by Eastern European criminals, rendered that particular result null and void. It's a result that should have been expunged from the record books for the corruption involved.
Until Heart of Midlothian record an 8-0 victory on our sacred turf at Easter Road the bragging rights remain firmly with Hibernian FC.
End of argument. :flag::flag::flag:

Santa Cruz
28-05-2016, 10:38 PM
I was annoyed about it but as others have said there wasn't much connection between the fans and the players then. Last Saturday wipes it - most notable moment in Scottish football in living memory.

B.H.F.C
28-05-2016, 10:44 PM
As the first team from Edinburgh (in my lifetime at least) to win a domestic cup final 5-1, I don't think it's that bad a score line.

We didn't even cheat to acheive it.

ehf
28-05-2016, 10:45 PM
:top marks

Everyone knows the hertz then were being funded by a Russian Criminal and paying wages far far above what they could afford with honest money.

This 2016 Scottish Cup was won against the odds with honesty and integrity. Sweet Sweet Victory.

Glory Glory to the Hi bees the Scottish Cup Champions 2016

And don't forget the most blatantly corrupt display of officiating ever seen by Craig U N Thomson; it was so far from a level playing field that it was not just tainted, it was worthless, nugatory, hollow, empty and shameful. Not a sporting achievement in any sense.

makaveli1875
28-05-2016, 10:46 PM
not bothered at all

SteveHFC
28-05-2016, 10:50 PM
Aye they won 5-1 though. Remember that.

Bunch of ****ing morons that they are.

Weej1875
28-05-2016, 10:52 PM
I was annoyed about it but as others have said there wasn't much connection between the fans and the players then. Last Saturday wipes it - most notable moment in Scottish football in living memory.

Spot on mate

Albanian Hibs
28-05-2016, 11:35 PM
Nope

truehibernian
28-05-2016, 11:39 PM
I had the best weekend ever with a lovely wee Geordie girl immediately after the final 😀 I'd say my disappointment was over in minutes but then my prowess or lack of would be exposed 😀

NAE NOOKIE
28-05-2016, 11:52 PM
It hurt on the day ..... but when the cheating was exposed months later and it was clear that Yam team should never have been on the pitch and chucking in Thomson's 12th man performance there is no doubt it was a tainted victory ..... its so much easier to draw a line under 2012 as a result.

On the 16th of February this year a packed stadium of the club that was supposed to have died on 19/05/12 watched as a proper Hibs team pumped the poppy fund thieves out of the cup on our way to winning it in a classic final.

5 - 1 is dead !!!

lyonhibs
29-05-2016, 04:13 AM
I was over it by the time I'd got back to the Clyde.

The Livingston LC defeat hurt considerably more.

Bristolhibby
29-05-2016, 06:44 AM

This is what makes the Cup win even sweeter. The fact they played us at home first round.

They are on the list of vanquished on the journey to our sweetest of days.

J

Carheenlea
29-05-2016, 07:24 AM
I was over it that night. The train back to Edinburgh was pretty sombre alright, but back at Robbies bar in the company of wounded Hibs fans, we viewed the Champions League Final. As the beer flowed, the mood lifted, the songs started up again and had you walked past there late on you might have been forgiven for thinking Hibs had actually won.
That will be Hearts' must celebrated win, and fair play, to give your city rivals a cup final tanking is obviously going to feel special. But as I said, I was over it that night.

WWFTWTG
29-05-2016, 07:25 AM
Not me

Taxes Paid
PAYE Paid
Wages paid
Local businesses paid
Charity money not stolen
Council tax paid

GGTTH 

Cheating gets should have been thrown out the league

hibsman1875
29-05-2016, 07:43 AM
That effin 5-1 game does have a positive twist in it for me as that was the day I hung up my
Celtic colours for the final time as I couldn't believe the pathetic performance that unfolded
on the pitch that day and I decided as an Edinburgh man the only way to do anything about it was to get involved in
actively supporting the team and abandoning those fellows from along the M8 to get ready for
a rocky ride of emotions down Easter Road way............
Last Saturday, 4 years on from the disgrace, I smuggly reminded myself how I have single-handedly
turned Hibs around.............Ok my head is gettting a bit big!!
I'm hooked on the Hibees and will be purchasing my season ticket next week

HIBEES!!! :flag:

killie-hibby
29-05-2016, 07:57 AM
Black should have been sent off early in the first half,for his assault on Griffiths. Not even a yellow card. The penalty given for a foul well outside the box at a time when Hibs were the dominant team. Thompson won that cup ,not Hearts. Referee bias and the MSM's adulation for all things Hearts worried me more than the result. I didn't read or hear or see from any media source, criticism of either the assault or penalty. We were s--t upon by the media and ref.
What now worries me is some members of the same media suggesting last weeks cup win be anulled or a ban from Europe or next seasons cup. Even handed,level playing fields. No. The Scottish MSM should have a good look at themselves, then put a bit of honesty in their reports.
Given that many in the Hibs team were complacent,unfit, third rate merceneries,it was miraculous we reached that final.
No Hibs supporter needed to worry about the 5-1 game.
:flag:

The Falcon
29-05-2016, 08:02 AM
It hurt on the day ..... but when the cheating was exposed months later and it was clear that Yam team should never have been on the pitch and chucking in Thomson's 12th man performance there is no doubt it was a tainted victory ..... its so much easier to draw a line under 2012 as a result.

On the 16th of February this year a packed stadium of the club that was supposed to have died on 19/05/12 watched as a proper Hibs team pumped the poppy fund thieves out of the cup on our way to winning it in a classic final.

5 - 1 is dead !!!

:agree:

Wasnt really bothered by the time I made it home. Given the circumstances that enabled them to assemble the staff that represented them that day wipes it out as far as I am concerned. We had tried to sign a number of those that represented them that day but were unable to do so as we operate legitimately. They didn't. Our win was legitimate. Theirs wasn't. Nor was 1998 or 2006 either.

The bit that actually annoys me is that they strut arround with the arrogance of a paedophile who has escaped conviction on the most minor of technicalities.

You mention Poppies because they are the focal point of the lengths and desperation the Yams stooped to in order to try to get one up on us.

Had Hibs conducted themselves in this way I would forever hang my head in shame and embarassment and strongly suspect I would be playing golf on a Saturday.

Craig_HFC
29-05-2016, 08:32 AM
I quite enjoyed it... I mean it's not every day you see your club win the League Cup.

Benji was great that day.

Northernhibee
29-05-2016, 08:34 AM
I do a bit because the disappointment of that day only made last Saturday all the more euphoric

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-05-2016, 08:38 AM
Wish it hadn't happened but when you appreciate the world class footballing Goliath that is HOMFC, maybe it was an achievement getting the 1.

mim
29-05-2016, 08:38 AM
Never did. Never will.

This.

If Hearts had won the game 5-1 in normal circumstances, it would have bothered me. The fact that we were 2-1 down and well in the game, when the blind ref gave them a penalty and sent Kujabi off, means that the circumstances weren't normal and the result meant nothing.

Joe6-2
29-05-2016, 09:19 AM
NO

29-05-2016, 09:28 AM
Since hearts supposedly "killed us as a club" in 2012 the following has happened -

Knocked them out their "special cup" twice
Hearts bottle 2 goal lead at home in last 10 minutes including an injury time equaliser
Finished them off in the reply at ER in front of a packed ER of over 20K
They have only beaten us 3 times in 4 years
We've made Europe twice
Won the Scottish Cup
Made 3 finals
Filled Leith with over 150K hibees for victory parade

I'd say thats not bad for a club that was supposedly killed off :greengrin

erin go bragh
29-05-2016, 09:51 AM
They had the briefest reign of the Scottish cup since 1894 , thanks to us but for them to be two goals up with 11 mins to go , then lose the replay , then we go and win it for the first time in 114 years . All this when we're in the lower league .
With the cherry on top being ,beating Orks with a late double . Carlsberg don't do Scottish cup runs , but ,,,,,,
For me , their tainted 1-5 makes our win all the sweeter .

hibsbollah
29-05-2016, 10:02 AM

Basically this. There's just no comparison.

The best thing is, the yams were all watching in the 92nd minute, caring desperately about the outcome and all 400000 must have had their heads in their hands. I didn't even watch their Gretna penalty win, by contrast.

Flanny boy
29-05-2016, 10:04 AM
It doesn't matter now as Hibernian are the current holders.GGTTH

29-05-2016, 10:23 AM

The best thing is, the yams were all watching in the 92nd minute, caring desperately about the outcome and all 400000 must have had their heads in their hands. I didn't even watch their Gretna penalty win, by contrast.

My taxi driver yesterday, his pal owns (or just works, i cant remember) in a pub near slateford that was full of jambos last saturday all of course cheering for their pals from Govan. Said when Gray scored the winner a couple boys smashed pint glasses in anger and they were absolutely spewin :greengrin:thumbsup:

:giruy2:

Nutmegged
29-05-2016, 10:32 AM
Yes, of course I do, it was a monumental kick in the stones, while it doesn't consume me it is something I'd love to put right, I'd not care if it was the Scottish or League Cup Final but now the Scottish is off our back my dream is now to see us beat them in a Cup Final.

Getting beat off Hearts isn't a new thing, growing up a Hibee it's kinda been expected but it was the manner of the result which annoyed me, the roll over and submitting in front of a potential viewership of Millions, that ain't the vision of Hibernian I want the World to see, so yes, it still matters to me, I'd imagine most if being 100% honest feel the same.

The Falcon
29-05-2016, 10:35 AM
Yes, of course I do, it was a monumental kick in the stones, while it doesn't consume me it is something I'd love to put right, I'd not care if it was the Scottish or League Cup Final but now the Scottish is off our back my dream is now to see us beat them in a Cup Final.

Getting beat off Hearts isn't a new thing, growing up a Hibee it's kinda been expected but it was the manner of the result which annoyed me, the roll over and submitting in front of a potential viewership of Millions, that ain't the vision of Hibernian I want the World to see, so yes, it still matters to me, I'd imagine most if being 100% honest feel the same.

Genuinely 100% honestly......none of the above.

LancsHibs
29-05-2016, 10:43 AM
Since hearts supposedly "killed us as a club" in 2012 the following has happened -

Hearts bottle 2 goal lead at home in last 10 minutes including an injury time equaliser
We've made Europe twice
Won the Scottish Cup
Made 3 finals

:agree:not bad for a corpse of a club!

PISTOL1875
29-05-2016, 11:35 AM
Leaving the ground on FT that day left me the lowest I've ever been as a HIbs fan.. As far as I was concerned , losing to them in league matches was bad enough but this was rock bottom.. The next week or so was horrible , having to listen to the media destroy us over and over again was heart-breaking.. Add that to my mates who support Her7z rubbing it in your face was simply horrific.. To make matters worse having the insight to know that we were cheated massively that day.. I am not interested in theor financial duping but the way Craig Thomson done everything in his power to stop us having a fair crack of the whip.. Yeh I know we had players that didn't give a flying one about the club and weren't interested but what hurt me the most was the ref and his inept performance....

From that day , every time we had to play them being constantly reminded of that had less significance as the months and years went by,.. Moving onto this season and our comeback at Tynie. I just had a little suspicion that if we could beat them in the replay and other results went our way then we could finish the job.. We all know thew outcome and after our win against Dundee United I think we were all praying for a sevco win verses celtic.. They duely came through and off to Hampden we went.. Being 1-2 down was a strange time I thought.. We had fallen behind in the last 3 previous finals and then the outcome was inevtiable.. However , the players knew they coudl beat sevco and they kept going and delivered for the fans ....

The moment David Gray lifted the cup , for me personally the curse of that day was over..

GGTTH.............

Hibernia&Alba
29-05-2016, 11:41 AM
I give a toss, yes. Losing a local derby 1-5 in a cup final was humiliating and will always be in the record books. I still can't bring myself to open the match programme. It was a terrible day.

But it certainly didn't kill us as a club, as last weekend demonstrated.

Mr White
29-05-2016, 12:06 PM

We've made Europe twice
Won the Scottish Cup
Made 3 finals

They've won 5 derbies since the 2012 cup final. So have we.

southern hibby
29-05-2016, 01:38 PM
For a team that died that day after a 5-1 defeat, let's actually dissect this.

They've won how many games in Cup competitions since, yet the team they so vocally labelled as died have been to 3 cup finals since that day.

On top of this we actually won the trophy they so vocally sing about us not winning since 1902 AND we knocked them out of the competition to do it after being 10 minutes away from them beating us at their hovel.

I've been informed (though not confirmed this) that Hibs are the only team in Scottish history that have gotten to the two major finals in the same year from the lower divisions.

I actually feel sorry for them to a point because when one of them spouts their stupid facts ideas etc the rest of the sheep follow, they are without doubt for ever insignificant to me. However fair play to them they beat us that day but I know the truth and so do they, difference is I don't hide behind lies.

GGTTH

Sir David Gray
29-05-2016, 06:06 PM

We've made Europe twice
Won the Scottish Cup
Made 3 finals

Just imagine what we could have achieved if we HADN'T been killed off that day. :greengrin

#FromTheCapital
29-05-2016, 06:24 PM
5-1 means **** all. They had players on 10k per week vs a hibs team that had narrowly avoided relegation and somehow made it to a Scottish cup final with the help of a very easy draw. One year after the final they went bust, pretty much tells you all you need to know,

chinaman
29-05-2016, 06:26 PM
Not me

Taxes Paid
PAYE Paid
Wages paid
Local businesses paid
Charity money not stolen
Council tax paid

GGTTH 😂
This,this, and this again
**** the cheating disgrace.

Thecat23
29-05-2016, 06:27 PM
Funny how when they have had to get their house in order they have been bumped out the cup twice by us. They know themselves it's a hollow win.

I honestly couldn't care less, even more so now we are the holders after what's being described as one of the best Scottish Cup finals in many a year.

sleeping giant
29-05-2016, 06:30 PM
Well and truly exorcised .

SJM
29-05-2016, 06:33 PM
Why would you mention it if not bothered?

I would sit through it all again if I had the promise of how I felt in the last 12 mins (and the third min) last week.

Couldn't give a **** about it, like the lap of honour.

SJM
29-05-2016, 06:34 PM
Funny how when they have had to get their house in order they have been bumped out the cup twice by us. They know themselves it's a hollow win.

I honestly couldn't care less, even more so now we are the holders after what's being described as one of the best Scottish Cup finals in many a year.

Ever. Best final ever. They must be sick.

buktapurple79
29-05-2016, 06:34 PM
Do I **** charity cheating ****s. Back to work the mien still phased week off

29-05-2016, 06:58 PM
5-1 means **** all. They had players on 10k per week vs a hibs team that had narrowly avoided relegation and somehow made it to a Scottish cup final with the help of a very easy draw. One year after the final they went bust, pretty much tells you all you need to know,

Exactly. Same as the titles the huns won during their financial cheating years. We won it without having to cheat it.

Sir David Gray
29-05-2016, 07:04 PM
Exactly. Same as the titles the huns won during their financial cheating years. We won it without having to cheat it.

:singing:
We won the big cup
We won the big cuuuuuuuuup
Without cheating anyone
We won the big cup

HIBERNIAN-0762
29-05-2016, 08:07 PM
They cheated pure and simple, and also they stated they had "killed us as a club"

So no it doesn't bother me in the least.

**** them.

29-05-2016, 08:19 PM
The yams have come out with many classical comedy gold things in their time but the "we killed yous as a club that day" has got to have been the best one :faf:

Oh how we were told our club would wither away to barely an existance and our fans would walk away.

Robinho08
29-05-2016, 08:46 PM
Absolutely not a jot and chucking a 2-0 lead will irk them now.

Northernhibee
29-05-2016, 08:54 PM
Let's be honest, we were a team cobbled together to avoid relegation pitted against a team paying players 4-5 times what they could realistically afford.

To chuck a 2-0 lead with under fifteen minutes and in turn to see your biggest rivals break a century old hoodoo is far, far more humiliating. You only had one job, yams :lolyam:

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
29-05-2016, 09:01 PM
I would say it's pretty churlish to say it doesnt matter at all - of course it does, and of course it did.

It was a horrible experience, and it was a huge, historic occasion in both ours and Hearts history. And it will remain so for them, in particular.

But, i agree that we have exorcised the demons from that day. Winning it in such a glorious and historic way, as well as beating them on the way in fairly unlikely circumstances, makes our win so historic that it eclipses the disappointment of that day.

They will remember it, and celebrate it, and rightly so. But it's lost a lot, maybe most of its power over us IMO.

Carheenlea
29-05-2016, 10:34 PM

Can't say that myself. Can remember booking a golf time which would have kept my away from viewing what was assumed to be an easy enough win for them, and to give the impression of lack of any interest. When someone informed me in the car park that penalties were imminent I don't think I've ever packed the gear away as quick.

How many Hearts fans were watching on TV last week? Make no mistake - tens upon tens of thousand. Spewing they were, absolutely spewing .

Sir David Gray
29-05-2016, 10:58 PM
Can't say that myself. Can remember booking a golf time which would have kept my away from viewing what was assumed to be an easy enough win for them, and to give the impression of lack of any interest. When someone informed me in the car park that penalties were imminent I don't think I've ever packed the gear away as quick.

How many Hearts fans were watching on TV last week? Make no mistake - tens upon tens of thousand. Spewing they were, absolutely spewing .

Pleasing. :smug:

hibsbollah
29-05-2016, 11:07 PM

Football is (or should be) all about class and style. Glory. Sneaking past ****ing Gretna on penalties?? It's the Hearts way. its the polar opposite of what we did last weekend. I'll ALWAYS feel superior to them because we've got more style, baby :greengrin

Carheenlea
29-05-2016, 11:20 PM
Football is (or should be) all about class and style. Glory. Sneaking past ****ing Gretna on penalties?? It's the Hearts way. its the polar opposite of what we did last weekend. I'll ALWAYS feel superior to them because we've got more style, baby :greengrin

Gretna. Extra time then penalties to eventually fend off the might of Gretna.

Gretna :lolyam:

The Kaiser
29-05-2016, 11:25 PM
Winning it finally is good but that result is still a shambles.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
29-05-2016, 11:33 PM
If you sat down at the bar next to Ben Johnson or Lance Armstrong and they started banging on about how good they were you'd tell them tae bolt and give them a gesticulation with a flick of the wrist .

Same applies to horrid little pungent, dank haired, characters in HoMFC golf shirts.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
29-05-2016, 11:35 PM

Do you have dank hair?

lyonhibs
30-05-2016, 06:18 AM

I beg your pardon?

hibs0666
30-05-2016, 06:21 AM
If you sat down at the bar next to Ben Johnson or Lance Armstrong and they started banging on about how good they were you'd tell them tae bolt and give them a gesticulation with a flick of the wrist .

Same applies to horrid little pungent, dank haired, characters in HoMFC golf shirts.

And nylon britches.

hibsbollah
30-05-2016, 06:46 AM
And nylon britches.

Pish stained nylon britches :agree:

MB62
30-05-2016, 07:25 AM
I loved the 5-1 cup final, it's a game that I will always remember.
The snow battering down as big Rob Jones opened the scoring.
Steven Fletcher, Benji, Zemmama, John Collins winning a cup not long after losing his father.
The rendition of 'Sunshine on Leith' as we lifted the cup

Aye, that 5-1 final was absolutely MAGIC :thumbsup:

GGTTH

AndyM_1875
30-05-2016, 07:53 AM

Some were definitely spewing but the true picture was more mixed and you should not take a cue from zoomers on Twitter.

Many were happy for us because like mine they come from mixed families.
Others were happy to see Rangers/Sevco/whatever they are called this week beaten in the most painful last minute manner possible as that club has caused more problems in Scottish football than any other. We should not ever underestimate the disdain people now feel towards the poisonous Govan club which in many cases now trumps local rivalry.

SuperAllyMcleod
30-05-2016, 02:57 PM

We've made Europe twice
Won the Scottish Cup
Made 3 finals

We 'died as a club' and they seem to have retired from the Scottish Cup - they have only won one game in the tournament since then and also taken a 0-7 pounding from Celtic. FFS, we have won two games against them alone in the SC since then - on our way to another two finals and a semi in 4 seasons.

Kato
30-05-2016, 03:26 PM
My taxi driver yesterday, his pal owns (or just works, i cant remember) in a pub near slateford that was full of jambos last saturday all of course cheering for their pals from Govan. Said when Gray scored the winner a couple boys smashed pint glasses in anger and they were absolutely spewin

That's disgraceful. He might have goaded some the Rangers fans to have smashed their glasses too, and who could have blamed them.

buktapurple79
30-05-2016, 03:57 PM
So much great comment on here. I've been giving them it tight at work after a week off on the pish. Just laughing at their 5-1 comments the day. They are so jealous, we won it fair and square and celebrated it in a way they can only dream about. Big Cup, proper club!

buktapurple79
30-05-2016, 03:58 PM
Gretna. Extra time then penalties to eventually fend off the might of Gretna.

Gretna :lolyam:

We would have ****ing rammed Gretna

31-05-2016, 02:20 PM
You can just imagine it eh. The last week and a bit, jambos desperately googling and YouTubing the 5-1 game like babies reaching for their comfort blankets.

Waxy
31-05-2016, 02:47 PM
The original 5-1 was 1996.