PDA

View Full Version : Photos with Scottish cup ?

hailhail22
28-05-2016, 07:09 PM
Don't think I've saw it posted anywhere if so feel free to delete thread but has there been anything about fans getting photos taken with the cup ?

Baldy Foghorn
28-05-2016, 07:11 PM
Nothing mentioned yet, but would be a great money spinner

Sir David Gray
28-05-2016, 07:13 PM
It will definitely happen.

Hibs could almost charge anything they wanted to for this.

Waxy
28-05-2016, 07:13 PM
Watched the sky version last night and they showed the engraver engraving Hibernian.Buzz.

ruthven_raiders
28-05-2016, 07:14 PM
Don't think I've saw it posted anywhere if so feel free to delete thread but has there been anything about fans getting photos taken with the cup ?

No doubt it will happen, probably one everyone is back from their holidays, so assuming July-August

hibbysam
28-05-2016, 07:25 PM
Hibs don't have the trophy yet, the original is now back at Hampden and they are still waiting for the Replica coming through. Few guys i know were on a stadium tour on Thursday and were left bitterly disappointed that it wasn't there. A few murmurs that the SFA won't release the Replica until the investigations are done but I can't see that at all. I'm sure once Hibs have the trophy a date will be set though

Sir David Gray
28-05-2016, 07:31 PM
Hibs don't have the trophy yet, the original is now back at Hampden and they are still waiting for the Replica coming through. Few guys i know were on a stadium tour on Thursday and were left bitterly disappointed that it wasn't there. A few murmurs that the SFA won't release the Replica until the investigations are done but I can't see that at all. I'm sure once Hibs have the trophy a date will be set though

No chance.

What are they going to do, strip us of the title? :confused:

Wheat Hound
28-05-2016, 07:35 PM
I thought you got to keep the cup for the year then get the replica?

Billy Whizz
28-05-2016, 07:35 PM
I thought you got to keep the cup for the year then get the replica?

The original cup gets taken off the winning team after the lap of honour

Kojock
28-05-2016, 07:36 PM

What lap of honour ?

Billy Whizz
28-05-2016, 07:38 PM
What lap of honour ?

Exactly, but usually gets put back in the Hampden museum

lucky
28-05-2016, 07:38 PM

Hibs had the trophy on Sunday so I'm not sure that's true

Billy Whizz
28-05-2016, 07:42 PM
Hibs had the trophy on Sunday so I'm not sure that's true

I was at the Hampden museum last November, see my avatar, and the historian told me that the original cup was taken off the winners after the lap of honour, and they are given a replica for a year
There was a feature on sportsound a week or so ago, and this is what the official at Hampden said during the interview

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/after-137-years-it-s-official-scottish-cup-is-world-football-s-oldest-trophy-1-1727646

CallumLaidlaw
28-05-2016, 08:02 PM

Not true. We've had the trophy since since Saturday but it has been all over the place with the club rather than just at Easter road.

CallumLaidlaw
28-05-2016, 08:06 PM
https://www.facebook.com/352228661533683/photos/a.367693976653818.89082.352228661533683/1036059213150621/?type=3

Onceinawhile
28-05-2016, 08:08 PM
I was always led to believe that the actual cup didn't leave the stadium as well.

hibbysam
28-05-2016, 08:18 PM
Not true. We've had the trophy since since Saturday but it has been all over the place with the club rather than just at Easter road.

Glad to hear that, as was planning on doing another tour myself, this was just the info that had been told to those on the tour, potentially to just keep the peace rather than say it's getting handed about and isn't here!

lugz
28-05-2016, 08:33 PM
Maybe came a bit soon but bank holiday Monday would have been perfectly. Would have took the family and queued for as long as needed.

dp00
28-05-2016, 08:44 PM
I believe They had the proper one for maybe a few days then swapped [emoji848] , The one at Easter road last Saturday had a security following it about in stadium

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nakedmanoncrack
30-05-2016, 10:15 PM
I was always led to believe that the actual cup didn't leave the stadium as well.

Correct, it doesn't.
The one paraded last week is the replica that we get to keep for a year.

mim
31-05-2016, 09:41 AM
Pleased to let you all know that I've already got my photo taken with the cup :agree:
So, meh, meh, me, meh, meh :greengrin

OsloHibs
01-06-2016, 01:56 PM
Is the cup at er yet? I don't get whats taking so long.. Someone has to win it, so surely the SFA have the replica made in advance.

...Or is that just too much sense for the SFA?

FitbaFolkKen
01-06-2016, 02:00 PM
There will be an announcement regarding this pretty soon, I presume once other matters are dealt with!

DirtyDeeds
01-06-2016, 02:01 PM
Is the cup at er yet? I don't get whats taking so long.. Someone has to win it, so surely the SFA have the replica made in advance.

...Or is that just too much sense for the SFA?

Maybe, after 5 weeks of logistical chaos, the non-playing staff at the club have some well deserved time off and arent quite ready to announce something that will see another swarm of thousands turn up to the ground. We have it for a year. Chill oot.

OsloHibs
01-06-2016, 02:09 PM
Maybe, after 5 weeks of logistical chaos, the non-playing staff at the club have some well deserved time off and arent quite ready to announce something that will see another swarm of thousands turn up to the ground. We have it for a year. Chill oot.

Thanks for the sarcastic reply, but not got long left here and wanted a photo before I left. Surely you get that?

But you've explained it's down to hibs and not the SFA so that's that. I'll just have to look at everyone else's photos with the cup with envy!

BoomtownHibees
01-06-2016, 02:15 PM
Thanks for the sarcastic reply, but not got long left here and wanted a photo before I left. Surely you get that?

But you've explained it's down to hibs and not the SFA so that's that. I'll just have to look at everyone else's photos with the cup with envy!

I had emailed the club to ask if the cup would be available for photos as part of a stadium tour. Got an email back this morning saying "I cannot confirm whether the cup will be on display or not. Plans are currently being put in place to allow supporters photo opportunities and these will be announced on the website soon"

GreenCastle
01-06-2016, 02:46 PM
I had emailed the club to ask if the cup would be available for photos as part of a stadium tour. Got an email back this morning saying "I cannot confirm whether the cup will be on display or not. Plans are currently being put in place to allow supporters photo opportunities and these will be announced on the website soon"

The stadium tours don't currently have the cup available to view or for photos.

I am sure Hibs will release information soon about getting a pic with the cup - hopefully a decent backdrop and a picture worth the wait.