PDA

View Full Version : Odd things you have done or seen in the last week after 21-5-16

GreenCastle
28-05-2016, 09:04 AM
Watched the goals and last 15 minutes of the game over 50 times.
Had Keatings / Stokes on fire constantly in back of the head.
Bought more Hibs merchandise in the last few days than last 5 years.
Managed to persuade few friends to get season tickets next season.
Hugged many random Hibs fans in the street.
Blasted the horn in the car if I've seen a Hibs strip in the street.
John McGinn song also stuck in the head.
Played Sunshine and Leith and Proclaimers songs more than normal.

Quite a tame list..anyone else have some stories to add from an interesting past week..

MacBean
28-05-2016, 09:09 AM

Quite a tame list..anyone else have some stories to add from an interesting past week..

Sat in my garden on monday for 6 hours had 15 Hibs /Proclaimers songs blaring back to back while having a few drinks. Safe to say my neighbours (mostly jambos) weren't happy.
Suppose living round the corner from gorgie has its benefits at times

CallumLaidlaw
28-05-2016, 09:10 AM

All of the above but also

Pulled up in my car beside a Rangers supporting colleague and turned freed from desire up full blast and gave him a full chorus of the Stokesy version.

Had to stop myself writing stuff on here due to tears welling up in my eyes constantly.

Hunted YouTube for any possible clips of the weekend.

Bishop Hibee
28-05-2016, 09:13 AM
Told the janny, a Hibby, that fire engines had been called to Easter Road. When, in a concerned voice, he asked why I replied by jumping to my feet and 'dad dancing' singing "cause Stoksey's on fire, your defence is terrified ". Wife thinks I need help 😀

S4uzee
28-05-2016, 09:27 AM
Randomly checking the time on the way back from Hampden and it being 19:02 - very pleasing

Glesgahibby
28-05-2016, 09:28 AM
Watched the game over and over!
Can't stop smiling!
Still have a wee cry,now and then!
Burst into spontaneous singing,whistling and humming!
Can't stop talking about it with family and friends!
And I still don't think it has sunk in yet😃
The winning goal is a memory that constantly repeats it's self in my head and the celebrations with random hibbys at the back of the east🍾

Paisley Hibby
28-05-2016, 09:31 AM
Can't stop smiling!
And I still don't think it has sunk in yet😃
The winning goal is a memory that constantly repeats it's self in my head and the celebrations with random hibbys at the back of the east🍾

This describes me too!

jockodile
28-05-2016, 09:34 AM
Went to a distillery and both myself and mum were hehawing with laughter and cheers when the tour guide was talking about the machinery being 114yrs old. Tour guide was bemused.

Speedy
28-05-2016, 09:42 AM
Randomly checking the time on the way back from Hampden and it being 19:02 - very pleasing

Same.

Sent this to a whatsapp group with a few hibbies/jambos on the way back along the road.

brog
28-05-2016, 09:44 AM
Bought 5 tickets to see The Proclaimers at Croydon next month! Were there any reports re The Procs reaction on stage at Salisbury last Saturday?

Hibs07p
28-05-2016, 09:56 AM

Me and other Hibbies were on the 19.02 Kings Park to Glasgow Central train.
Currently watching full sky coverage of the game again.

GGTTH
Scottish Cup Winners 2016

liscious_hibs
28-05-2016, 11:28 AM
I work in Cumbernauld as a bar manager and got the entirely sevco crowd singing stokseys on fire last night, that could be the oddest thing that's happened, these same punters were berating hibs just before the final and I got to have the last laugh [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glory Lurker
28-05-2016, 11:32 AM
Same.

Sent this to a whatsapp group with a few hibbies/jambos on the way back along the road.
:faf:

Viva_Palmeiras
28-05-2016, 12:29 PM
Planting a kiss on the blokes either side of me (sorry guys!) Inbetween babbling "we've done it"! Yontytimes
Standing linked arms with the blokes next to me (what teams do waiting for penalties on half way line) as we waited for the final whistle.'
Blasted by a vuvuzela and didn't care a jot!

GreenArmyyy!
28-05-2016, 12:30 PM
Went out in Leith, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday...... slowing dieing away a happy man ever since!

skipster7
28-05-2016, 12:36 PM
When I knock on a door doing so to the beat of the Hibs drummer and wanting to shout oooh! after it plus most of the above. Still on an Amazing high

Gatecrasher
28-05-2016, 12:42 PM

Same.

same

GreenCastle
28-05-2016, 02:11 PM
When I knock on a door doing so to the beat of the Hibs drummer and wanting to shout oooh! after it plus most of the above. Still on an Amazing high

Haha!

Just seen a few Hibs fans driving in town with scarves out the windows still singing.

InterviewLoI
28-05-2016, 02:14 PM
Forced all of my friends to watch Gray's goal at a house party on Monday, I plan to do the same tonight

Saturday Boy
28-05-2016, 05:49 PM
I was at the Duns v. Hawick match this afternoon. At two minutes after three, someone cheered and shouted "Stokes scored".

:flag:

Hakim Sar
28-05-2016, 06:23 PM
To the taxi driver driving up lothian road on Friday afternoon belting out sunshine on leith along with his passengers I salute thee. Surreal and enjoyable. Thanks for the thumbs up big man.

Also I have a view out of my window to the whole of leith and the amount of sunshine and rainbows this week has been splendid.

GGTTH

NAE NOOKIE
28-05-2016, 06:24 PM
Can't stop smiling!
And I still don't think it has sunk in yet
The winning goal is a memory that constantly repeats it's self in my head and the celebrations with random hibbys at the back of the east

This is me too:

This Thursday I was diagnosed with glaucoma and the first thing that entered my head was ... well **** it .... whatever happens to my eyes from now on they were in good enough condition to see the greatest goal in world history and for that I will be forever grateful http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif

Speedy
28-05-2016, 09:54 PM
In Newtonmore tonight, Sunshine on Leith and Freed from desire on the jukebox.

Huns less than pleased.

Nailsea Hibby
29-05-2016, 09:40 AM
Singing we've got McGinn at the Manic Street Preachers gig in Swansea last night

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-05-2016, 11:17 AM

I did that too, had a wee chuckle to myself.

ben johnson
29-05-2016, 12:07 PM
On my way to work on Wednesday changed buses at London road top of walk. Saw an old pal who had been with Hibs through thin thin and thick. We just hugged each other not a word said until the hug was over. Two grown men in an embrace at 6.15 am in front of a bus half full of early morning commuters. Strange days these.

Glesgahibby
29-05-2016, 01:49 PM
This is me too:

This Thursday I was diagnosed with glaucoma and the first thing that entered my head was ... well **** it .... whatever happens to my eyes from now on they were in good enough condition to see the greatest goal in world history and for that I will be forever grateful http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif

Sorry to hear that mate!
Hope your condition changes👍
"We where there!!!"
😃😃😃😃😃🍾

HiBremian
29-05-2016, 05:03 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160529/e648dd633a9bf875a0afd9818cc427b4.jpg

Just reading this thread through. Strange coincidence or what??.?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MyJo
29-05-2016, 05:23 PM
My son had homework this week and he was to make a poster about a real life superhero.

we couldn't decide on just one :aok:

Danderhall Hibs
29-05-2016, 05:32 PM
My son had homework this week and he was to make a poster about a real life superhero.

we couldn't decide on just one :aok:

Quality. Great timing for a project like that!

Deeds
29-05-2016, 05:55 PM
Planting a kiss on the blokes either side of me (sorry guys!) Inbetween babbling "we've done it"! Yontytimes
Standing linked arms with the blokes next to me (what teams do waiting for penalties on half way line) as we waited for the final whistle.'
Blasted by a vuvuzela and didn't care a jot!

I was the same - apologies to the guy directly in front of me, I think I was so overcome at the final whistle I must have been crushing his larynx whilst shouting we've done it over and over again..

David Gray has replaced my boy as my phone wallpaper (sorry Sam) and freed from desire is now my ringtone, a bargain at 99p

Speedy
29-05-2016, 07:25 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160529/e648dd633a9bf875a0afd9818cc427b4.jpg

Just reading this thread through. Strange coincidence or what??.?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice :greengrin