Bad Martini
27-05-2016, 11:11 PM
Super John McGinn
I just don't think you'll understand
He's Alan Stubbs's man
He's better than Zidane
We've got SUPER John McGinn

[sorry - pished]

Been singing that uncontrollably all week, randomly, driving the car, out the street etc. **** it, Its true. We do. He is. And they DONT ****ing understand :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

(not quite pished but vodka helps) :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Onceinawhile
27-05-2016, 11:15 PM
He's some laddy.

League cup and Scottish cup by the age of 22 having never played for the old firm? Fantastic. Him and FF won us the game.

Northernhibee
27-05-2016, 11:15 PM
Zidane has never won the Scottish cup.

Brightside
27-05-2016, 11:16 PM
i hate the song...his form when down hill massive once that came out. just saying.

bawheid
27-05-2016, 11:17 PM
i hate the song...his form when down hill massive once that came out. just saying.

Don't care. Legend. Love the song.

Onceinawhile
27-05-2016, 11:18 PM

Aye. He was pish against rangers.

Hope we release him.

Bad Martini
27-05-2016, 11:20 PM

:rolleyes:

Really? Must've missed the sublime skills of wee John after that song come out, give or take a few games when he was donald ducked having had to play every game of the season pretty much at 22 years old and having all our hopes pinned on his playmaking.

WE'VE GOT McGINN......

Bad Martini
27-05-2016, 11:21 PM
Aye. He was pish against rangers.

Hope we release him.

:greengrin

Touche. :thumbsup:

gav71
27-05-2016, 11:40 PM
He's some laddy.

League cup and Scottish cup by the age of 22 having never played for the old firm? Fantastic. Him and FF won us the game.

I and every other player on the park and the 12 th man in the stands need to get Easter road bouncing like that GGTTH HTID loved the TIME FOR HEROES BANNER AND SO IT PROVED YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liberal Hibby
28-05-2016, 12:29 AM
Been singing that uncontrollably all week, randomly, driving the car, out the street etc. **** it, Its true. We do. He is. And they DONT ****ing understand :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

(not quite pished but vodka helps) :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I got funny looks this morning walking no2 son to school singing it...

Bad Martini
28-05-2016, 12:43 AM
I got funny looks this morning walking no2 son to school singing it...

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Free the song to McGinn :thumbsup::thumbsup::aok::flag:

hibbysam
28-05-2016, 06:16 AM
He phoned Radio Clyde on the bus home on Saturday evening, giving them it tight and getting all the boys to sing 'Championees' ... Magic lol!!

theonlywayisup
28-05-2016, 06:56 AM

Do you know what? Not many will agree, but I think you are 95% correct in what you're saying. His form since the start of 2016 has been 'average' for most games. I think many agreed that he needed a rest on the lead up to the play-offs.

On the run up to the St Johnstone semi at Tiny, I kept thinking that he's actually been poor in the two or three games before it. But then, he puts in a fantastic display and scores the goal to win us the game.

So my feeling about McGinn is that his best games (since the start of 2016) have all been against the better teams - for example:

St. Johnstone semi
Hertz at Tiny (absolutely immense second half)
Hertz at ER (brilliant)
The Rangers at ER (brilliant)
The Rangers at Hamden (absolutely fantastic, look how many times he won the ball and got us moving forward)
For Scotland at Hampden (Man of the Match display on his debut)

Isn't that a great thing to say. There have been many examples of players that look great against the poorer teams, but can't do it against the better teams.

He needs to find a way of repeating that in every game and that's the great thing about SUPER John McGinn - he's only 22. The boy is going to to great things in football.

He already has, Hibs Legend.
:flag::flag::flag:

Hibs07p
28-05-2016, 07:04 AM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hibernian/john-mcginn-can-now-walk-tall-after-hibs-scottish-cup-win-1-4140272

“I don’t sing along,” he said. “I get a bit embarrassed. There were plenty of players on that bus more deserving of a song than me. I was just delighted for people like Paul Hanlon, Lewis Stevenson and my big mate Darren McGregor, especially. They’re all Hibs supporters and I could see them getting quite emotional going down Leith Walk. That trophy was for them.”

“There was a woman and her grown-up daughter who just started belting it out. That was a strange moment. That was definitely embarrassing with the whole supermarket staring at me! I’ve not been back in since.

Very humble guy.

GGTTH
Scottish Cup Winners 2016

s.a.m
28-05-2016, 07:49 AM
Zidane has never won the Scottish cup.

He did score a superb goal at Hampden though. I'd give him runner-up.

TrinityHibs
28-05-2016, 08:05 AM

His dip in form coincided with Dylan being out. The song is uplifting and like super John here to stay

JimBHibees
28-05-2016, 08:15 AM

Great song. :greengrin :faf:

Allant1981
28-05-2016, 10:46 AM
Was hoping he wouldnt be picked for scotland so he could get a decent rest, he looked knackered for the last couple of months, cracking player though and glad we have him

Kojock
28-05-2016, 10:55 AM
At the sponsors event Liam Henderson was wearing a John McGinn mask :thumbsup: