PDA

View Full Version : We'll probably never experience a feeling like this ever again

Northernhibee
27-05-2016, 10:15 PM
We're unlikely to win the Champions League, Celtic and Sevco have the top league sewn up with their budgets so it's unlikely we'll see that broken for decades, in over a century none of us will be here so we'll never experience such a hoodoo being broken again - this is the absolute pinnacle of being a Hibs fan.

In the words of Ranieri - don't wake up, keep dreaming - savour every moment of this - we'll never experience it again. If Stubbs stays or goes, if we sign the players we want or we don't, never lose enjoyment from what we've seen in this last week. Literally generations of Hibs fans before us would have given anything to witness what we've witnessed.

It's still probably not sunk in what we've seen and I really hope that it never does.

The Green Goblin
27-05-2016, 10:24 PM
We're unlikely to win the Champions League, Celtic and Sevco have the top league sewn up with their budgets so it's unlikely we'll see that broken for decades, in over a century none of us will be here so we'll never experience such a hoodoo being broken again - this is the absolute pinnacle of being a Hibs fan.

In the words of Ranieri - don't wake up, keep dreaming - savour every moment of this - we'll never experience it again. If Stubbs stays or goes, if we sign the players we want or we don't, never lose enjoyment from what we've seen in this last week. Literally generations of Hibs fans before us would have given anything to witness what we've witnessed.

It's still probably not sunk in what we've seen and I really hope that it never does.

Great post which sums up exactly what my own feelings are. I agree with every word of that and have posted it on my own FB wall and others' too. We will never come close to this, but there's no sadness over it, just incomprehensible emotion and happiness that we saw it. :top marks

CallumLaidlaw
27-05-2016, 10:27 PM
7 days in and my wife, some friends and also a lot of my Facebook acquaintances are sick fed up of my chat. The football fans of other clubs think I'm already milking my constant sharing of videos and photos. I've advised them that they have months of it to go yet. I will never feel that feeling we had on Saturday ever again. Even if we won the cup every year. Even if we won the league I don't think I'd feel like that

northstandhibby
27-05-2016, 10:30 PM

Was saying to friends tonight, last friday I was dreaming of the famous amazing beautiful football club the Hibernian winning the Cup.

We all know what happened!!!

The dream came true for once. Now what were the lottery numbers again?

I love this marvellous club. God bless you Sir Tom for making the dream come true.

Glory Glory

NAE NOOKIE
27-05-2016, 10:32 PM

Its true ..... the formula required to achieve such a high, such a feeling of euphoria, will probably never be found again .... a 114 year wait + a last minute goal + doing it against a club most of us hate at least as much as the Yams .... it just doesn't get any better.

But hey ..... having said all that you just never know, that's what makes fitba such a great game ........... and lets not forget we follow probably the most mental team in that game :greengrin

Big_Franck
27-05-2016, 10:33 PM

You could be right, this could be the best moment supporting Hibs that many of us ever see.

I'd hope that as a support we've got rid of a lot of tension and pressure that was mounting on us year upon year. I'd hope that as a result come August/September if we lose the odd game there won't be dozens of suicidal fans on here calling everyone at the club every name under the sun. Maybe that's wishful thinking though as football fans have famously short memories.

Who knows, maybe as a support we'll be even more supportive of our players now, and that pressure we seemed to put on our own players if things weren't going well will cease. Hopefully it does.

S4uzee
27-05-2016, 10:38 PM
Correct, last week won't be repeated.

I'd give anything to relive that hour between 16.30 - 17.30 last Saturday

CallumLaidlaw
27-05-2016, 10:40 PM

Even 16.35 to 17.00 to be honest.

CallumLaidlaw
27-05-2016, 10:41 PM

I said to my mate yesterday, it's moments like that you wish you'd worn a go-pro for the match. I would literally watch back my viewpoint of the game at least once a week for the rest of my life

Northernhibee
27-05-2016, 10:46 PM
I said to my mate yesterday, it's moments like that you wish you'd worn a go-pro for the match. I would literally watch back my viewpoint of the game at least once a week for the rest of my life

The thing is that you'd know what's coming. When Gray scored the guy next to me was screaming "This is the year" but I couldn't help but remind him there was two minutes left.

In my mind, even after the third goal, it's the Hibs way to concede after that. It's just part of the story.

When that third goal went in and the sudden realization that this could well be the moment that it all comes to an end is just not possible to recreate in any way. Not long after the FT whistle I commented whilst still a mixture of hysterial laughter, extreme happiness, unrivalled relief and floods of tears of joy that it was up there with the very best moments of my life and it still is. I can only hope that I have at least one other moment like that in my lifetime.

erin go bragh
27-05-2016, 10:49 PM

Tbh . I'm still up in cloud nine and feel like I always will .

Northernhibee
27-05-2016, 10:52 PM
I think I commented a couple of days after the game that when the FT whistle went it felt like the world changed in the smallest but also significant way and I still feel like that. It was a moment when we're all old, wrinkled and grey that our grandchildren will ask us about and we'll be able to say "I was there".

FranckSuzy
27-05-2016, 10:56 PM
Its true ..... the formula required to achieve such a high, such a feeling of euphoria, will probably never be found again .... a 114 year wait + a last minute goal + doing it against a club most of us hate at least as much as the Yams .... it just doesn't get any better.

But hey ..... having said all that you just never know, that's what makes fitba such a great game ........... and lets not forget we follow probably the most mental team in that game :greengrin

Plus to put out the holders on their turf, after losing the League Cup final AND to knock the Yams out when they were 2-0 up.... :thumbsup:

ehf
27-05-2016, 11:08 PM
7 days in and my wife, some friends and also a lot of my Facebook acquaintances are sick fed up of my chat. The football fans of other clubs think I'm already milking my constant sharing of videos and photos. I've advised them that they have months of it to go yet. I will never feel that feeling we had on Saturday ever again. Even if we won the cup every year. Even if we won the league I don't think I'd feel like that

Absolutely it; you can't have that level of euphoria without the accrued hurt and disappointment.

This time last week, I was sitting here pretty much dreading having to get up and drag myself back through to Hampden. At 4.30 on Saturday I was thinking "I just cannot do this again, it is too painful" (and looking around, reckoned a lot of others felt the same, that this was the final straw), even when we equalised, I hardly cheered because it just felt like the pain and ultimate disappointment would be postponed until extra time or penalties. And then enter David Gray and ... Whoosh, into orbit, literally into another dimension.

Bad Martini
27-05-2016, 11:08 PM
This time last Friday I was posting on this forum how we were gonna beat the huns. I knew it. I knew it :greengrin

Putting aside my mystic martini abilities....it was ****ing braw. Every bit as good as I'd hoped and a whole lot more. To beat them, at 90 + 2 , with Stokes also scoring.....man GIRFUY ya rangers radges. :thumbsup:

Now then. Will we ever experience it again??? I hope so. I dont another 114 year tho. No.

I want to skelp those manky yams in the final next. That might just top it. Especially if we **** them 7-0. Then they can take their 5-1 pish and ram it up their jackass charity thieving asses.

Meantime, we will revel in beating the most despicable club on the planet in the last minutes of the Scottish Cup Final.

Its good being green.

GLORY GLORY YA BASS

gav71
27-05-2016, 11:36 PM

I tell you buddy that would bring a tear to a glass eye GGTTH HTID

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
27-05-2016, 11:47 PM
I'm actually still pinching myself....did it really happen. The most awesome feeling of my life last Saturday and it's was THE ultimate high of my Hibee life so far...all 40 years of it!! Just an incredible feeling of never ending joy and euphoria at present

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

mjhibby
27-05-2016, 11:58 PM
You could be right, this could be the best moment supporting Hibs that many of us ever see.

I'd hope that as a support we've got rid of a lot of tension and pressure that was mounting on us year upon year. I'd hope that as a result come August/September if we lose the odd game there won't be dozens of suicidal fans on here calling everyone at the club every name under the sun. Maybe that's wishful thinking though as football fans have famously short memories.

Who knows, maybe as a support we'll be even more supportive of our players now, and that pressure we seemed to put on our own players if things weren't going well will cease. Hopefully it does.

I was just thinking myself that hopefully the Scottish win will get some supporters to relax a bit and get behind the team. I'm always behind the team but I know fans of all clubs are fickle but I do hope the momentous victory means so much to our fans that they will cut the team some slack if things aren't going swimmingly. Can't wait for our first hibs game to hopefully see the trophy paraded round an ecstatic easter Rd.

Onceinawhile
28-05-2016, 12:07 AM
Just watched the last 12 minutes again, still giving gunnarson instructions 'get over' 'put a foot in'

Absolutely unreal.

It was cathartic like nothing else.

OsloHibs
28-05-2016, 01:40 AM
I still can't believe we actually done it. I know we did, I was there... but when I watch the goal going in on youtube- I'm still pinching myself to make sure I'm not dreaming!

connerg
28-05-2016, 02:06 AM

Who know's what can happen now! We get promoted, they get relegated. Oh ma aching sides. lol

Cameron1875
28-05-2016, 03:07 AM
Who know's what can happen now! We get promoted, they get relegated. Oh ma aching sides. lol

I'm crying again. Why can't I stop crying! I've been in the very fortunate position of not losing my mum and dad but I can't control myself!

Glory Glory to the hibees!

Watching every moment back is just phenomenal. I am so so so happy :)

GreenLake
28-05-2016, 03:38 AM

I could almost reach that feeling if I could hump Galina Dub.

Onion
28-05-2016, 05:19 AM
Best feeling EVER. To win the Cup was magical. To win it the way we did was beyond wildest dreams. And to be there with 23,000 fellow sufferers was very, very special.

Nothing will come close to last Saturday. I feel sorry for Fever Pitch :greengrin

Bristolhibby
28-05-2016, 06:14 AM

Winning the Premiership will equal that IMHO. It would be along the lines of Liecester this season.

Skelping the Hearts in any final, particularly the Scottish will also come close.

J

Waxy
28-05-2016, 07:10 AM
Guess the only way we can feel like this again is by going on another epic Scottish cup hoodoo and winning it the same way? Even then that would probably take another 5000 years to happen. This is our greatest game.

Man Down Under
28-05-2016, 08:10 AM
Even after watching the highlights 2 or 3 times after I still felt nervous like somehow the outcome will be different.

Sent from my SM-J200Y using Tapatalk

TrinityHibs
28-05-2016, 08:29 AM
My wife has told me to stop smiling, stop singing THAT song (Super John) and take that picture of the cup of the screensaver. :tee hee::tee hee:

GreenCastle
28-05-2016, 08:53 AM
Just watched the last 12 minutes again, still giving gunnarson instructions 'get over' 'put a foot in'

Absolutely unreal.

It was cathartic like nothing else.

He made a really important tackle in the box which led to the corner where the 2 Hibs players clashed heads.

I doubt this feeling will be repeated - Saturday was so many emotions built into one and a release for many people.

I've never felt like that before and like many had said it was a dream come true - something many thought they may never see.

It's happened and every time I think about it I get an amazing sense of pride of the club inside.

Nutmegged
28-05-2016, 12:36 PM
My wife has told me to stop smiling, stop singing THAT song (Super John) and take that picture of the cup of the screensaver. :tee hee::tee hee:

Get a new wife

Phil MaGlass
28-05-2016, 01:04 PM
Dont think anything will come close to last week.but winning promotion and succesfully defending the cup next season might.almost

marleyhib
28-05-2016, 03:52 PM
Total game changer for me, been on a high all week, don't think I'll ever come down. We have been a club living on past glories, underachievers, 114 years is gone, HIbsed it has a new meaning, ,Stokseys on fire, David Gray is immortal.

The best weekend of my life, I love Hibs - it can't be topped, I still can't believe it

AgentDaleCooper
28-05-2016, 04:14 PM
I honestly feel that both Leicester and Hibs have proved that nothing is impossible this year, and all bets are off in terms of what highs lie ahead for any underdog. Not saying it's likely that we'll top that, but as claudio said, we're in dreamland - let's keep dreaming!

franks
28-05-2016, 05:00 PM
Concur with the OP I've thought about it and can't see a realistic way it could ever be surpassed. Well if the best thing that is likely to happen happens then maybe we should just enjoy it and thank you thank you thank you.

GGTTH

SuperAllyMcleod
28-05-2016, 05:28 PM
I agree with the OP, nothing will come close - but we can build on it. Retaining it next year may be difficult but if we could then we would be seen as a very strong cup team - a big turnaround.

Also, players over the years have said that at the beginning of every season (5 months before the Scottish Cup gets underway!) they were asked by supporters if this could be the year that we finally do it? That's a lot of unnecessary pressure that has now gone - I'm sure that can only have a positive effect going forward.

Waxy
28-05-2016, 05:41 PM
Future hibbys will get to see us beat the Jambos in a Scottish cup final. Could take a couple of hundred years but it will happen. That's maybe the only thing that'll come close to 21/5/2016.

High-On-Hibs
28-05-2016, 05:44 PM
I honestly believe we'll be feeling this euphoria again next year when we win the League cup, the Scottish Cup and the Championship!

Boo to the nae sayers!

hibby6270
28-05-2016, 08:56 PM
I honestly believe we'll be feeling this euphoria again next year when we win the League cup, the Scottish Cup and the Championship!

Boo to the nae sayers!

Hey. You forgot the Europa League. Giving up on us taking that cup already?
It'll not happen but when we beat the Yams 5-1 in the EL Final, the feeling of last week might just be equalled. :greengrin:greengrin:wink::wink:

MKHIBEE
28-05-2016, 09:10 PM
7 days in and my wife, some friendsedcon and also a lot of my Facebook acquaintances are sick fed up of my chat. The football fans of other clubs think I'm already milking my constant sharing of videos and photos. I've advised them that they have months of it to go yet. I will never feel that feeling we had on Saturday ever again. Even if we won the cup every year. Even if we won the league I don't think I'd feel like that

Im going to celebrate that win every Saturday with champagne until we have to let go of the cup, I will have imprinted on my mind the image of David Gray heading the winner and I probably won't stop filling up when I think of it for quite a while yet.