PDA

View Full Version : Sir Tom

stokesmessiah
27-05-2016, 07:38 PM
I might of missed a trick here as the forum has been so busy this last week. Loads of threads thanking (rightfully) Stubbs, LD, the legends (players), all the club and back room. Let us not forget that Sir Tom saved us and only a few years ago plenty of people were slating his ownership and indeed his well being. IMO the finance deal he put in place and his participation in the parade seems to have missed people by. Thank you sir, thanks you sir.

fat freddy
27-05-2016, 07:43 PM
The Club has much to thank him for, it's been 26 years since he took control of the club and it's been a roller coaster ride. 3 trophies, 2 relegations, around 20 visits to Hampden, it's not been dull.

Waxy
27-05-2016, 07:45 PM
Sir Tom got a rendition of "Theres only one Tom Farmer" at the links. Was great to hear.

Hillsidehibby
27-05-2016, 07:46 PM
Not me. We would have been ****** without him. Loved it when he stood up for the applause on the links on Sunday.

northstandhibby
27-05-2016, 07:53 PM
When Scotland goes independent, could we see President Tom Farmer? Certainly shake the Hun establishment to it's knees.

Hibernian Scottish Cup Winners 2016.

fife hfc
27-05-2016, 07:58 PM
One trophy in 39 years before Sir Tom. Three trophies since he saved the club and if it was not for him I would not have been at Hampden on Saturday, as our club would have went the same way as Clydebank and Gretna.

27-05-2016, 08:03 PM
He's taken a lot of unfair stick in the past but folk forget that without this man (who btw had no particular like for football) our club would have very very likely have been destroyed by Mercer and I and many other generations of hibs fan would never have known a Hibernian FC.

Eternally grateful to Sir Tom :not worth

Billy Whizz
27-05-2016, 08:15 PM
I hope he enjoyed his 2 days

Bostonhibby
27-05-2016, 08:16 PM
The quiet figure in the background. I have no problem recognising what he has selflessly done for hibs at critical times in our recent history.

hibeerealist
27-05-2016, 08:25 PM
Sir Tom certainly saved our beloved club and let's not forget Kenny McLean (RIP Kenny we finally done it)! The Hands off Hibs movement played a huge role in saving the cabbage and should NEVER be forgotten so raise your glasses to Kenny, Sir Tom and everyone involved in HOH Saturday was another reward for our great work!

GGTTH

CmoantheHibs
27-05-2016, 08:30 PM
Without Sir Tom none of this would be possible. All of us should be eternally grateful.

Onceinawhile
27-05-2016, 11:29 PM
Fairly certain that without him I'd have sat at home on Saturday cutting the grass or some nonsense. So thanks, thanks a lot!!

Bad Martini
28-05-2016, 12:22 AM
For sure. HUGE thanks to Tom Farmer, as per his grandfather a century before.

He saved our club and no mistake.

Dont listen to the dafties who'll tell you that he's "in it for the money" ... old Tom, with an estimated c£136 MILLION four YEARS ago in the bank and at the ripe old age of 75 years old....like he needs to waste time in skulduggery for pennies! :roll eyes:

Tom Farmer saved our club. When nobody else COULD. Yes, others were "there" but the bank wasnt interested.

That man deserved his place on that bus. And I, like many, are very grateful he was there and not some dodgy eastern european weirdo with his kid on money.

THANKS to Tom Farmer. Always :aok:

Flynn
28-05-2016, 12:37 AM
Sir Tom got a rendition of "Theres only one Tom Farmer" at the links. Was great to hear.

Me and a few pals started that chant! We also got the 'Here's to you Liam Henderson' song going. And I'm really not one for starting songs at games. Can't mind which one was first as I was quite tipsy by that point.

My voice still isn't back to 100% functionality. Totally worth it.

Thank you, Tom Farmer. GGTTH