PDA

View Full Version : Away Travel / Supporters Club

FifeHibs
27-05-2016, 07:27 PM
Is it be best to join a supporters club for away travel?

After Saturday I'm buzzing for Hibs again.

Been away from working for years most of the boys I went to games with are all married with kids now, was driving on own to allot of games but its not the same craic.

Any advice

Cheers

ionahibby
27-05-2016, 08:01 PM
I'm in the same boat most of my mates have given up on hibs especially away games so would be grateful for any advice also. Fed up of going on my own!

FranckSuzy
27-05-2016, 08:01 PM

Been away from working for years most of the boys I went to games with are all married with kids now, was driving on own to allot of games but its not the same craic.

Any advice

Cheers

You can go on the buses, as far as I know, without being a member. I go on the Four In Hand branch's bus but am a St. Pat's member but there are travel notices on here before every game anyway, advertising who has space :aok:

Billy Whizz
27-05-2016, 08:04 PM
Great to hear that fans are coming back

Pretty Boy
27-05-2016, 08:04 PM
There are a few supporters clubs who advertise spare seats on their buses on here regularly. Carlton, Four In Hand, East Lothian and Milton Mowbray all spring instantly to mind.

We've been having a wee think about running .net buses to a few more away games next season and in the future if there was demand for it. We've let the social side slip a bit in recent years on here and it would be a good way to revive it.

FifeHibs
27-05-2016, 08:12 PM
Always been apprehensive about trying to book a single seat on a bus looking like a norman no mates haha

Who cares now, cant wait for the next game

ionahibby
27-05-2016, 08:12 PM
There are a few supporters clubs who advertise spare seats on their buses on here regularly. Carlton, Four In Hand, East Lothian and Milton Mowbray all spring instantly to mind.

We've been having a wee think about running .net buses to a few more away games next season and in the future if there was demand for it. We've let the social side slip a bit in recent years on here and it would be a good way to revive it.

Would definitely be up for .net buses would be nice to put faces to names on here. Don't think I've met anyone on here at hibs home/away games other than the few people I know who post very rarely so would be good to meet the regulars.

Lancs Harp
27-05-2016, 08:16 PM
You're never alone when you follow Hibs. I usually travel up alone (sometimes my brother comes up) but always meet people.

We are Hibs.

Bishop Hibee
27-05-2016, 08:16 PM
When I used to go home and away I always enjoyed the banter on supporters buses. The problem now is if there is 3-5 people the car is the cheaper option.

I didn't go to a single away league game last season but aiming for some next season.

ionahibby
27-05-2016, 08:18 PM
Always been apprehensive about trying to book a single seat on a bus looking like a norman no mates haha

Admittedly I've felt the same in the past but not letting that stop me next season!

CallumLaidlaw
27-05-2016, 08:19 PM

Any advice

Cheers

Theres a guy on twitter - @markyAnderson13 - who's looking to start a fife supporters bus. I normally drive to away games but might be tempted to join next season.

fife hfc
27-05-2016, 08:30 PM
Theres a guy on twitter - @markyAnderson13 - who's looking to start a fife supporters bus. I normally drive to away games but might be tempted to join next season.

Is this the same Mark Anderson who was running a bus to the final on Saturday and it never turned up! I said I would pay on the bus but a lot of people pre paid and by all accounts he had never arranged a bus. We were waiting on the bus when fellow Hibbys informed us of the problem. I ended up getting a stagecoach bus to Glasgow from Dunfermline. This is all for future reference if he tries to organise a bus again.

FifeHibs
27-05-2016, 08:37 PM
Has he spoken to you since? that's bad craic

I just moved back got to most of the games Feb onwards

Such a buzz on a Saturday watching the Hibs

lexihibby
27-05-2016, 08:39 PM
Is there a bus that leaves from Glasgow

fife hfc
27-05-2016, 08:44 PM
I never lost anything and everything turned alright in the end so not bothered :flag:I phoned him at the time and his phone was off. I know that two boys who got on the stagecoach bus and prepaid tried to contact him with no answer. To me it adds to the story of a day I'll never forget🏆

OtleyHibs
27-05-2016, 08:56 PM

I was a member of the Glasgow HSC years ago, I think they amalgamated with another group and formed the west of scotland HSC after I moved south.

Check the supporters club list on the official site, details were on there

DH1875
28-05-2016, 07:16 AM

Doesn't run anymore.

I'm in Glasgow and have been going to games on my own a lot recently. Couldn't commit to a bus as I work most Saturdays but defo up for meeting up with fellow hibees for games I can go to, even if it's by Choo Choo :aok:

madhibby
28-05-2016, 07:47 AM
Plenty Westies travel to games. We did run a bus to the Raith Rovers Cup tie. Its a matter of supply and demand, what is the most convenient way to get there etc. Quite often we go by train or just car share.

Finn2015
28-05-2016, 07:48 AM
Wanting to see if there are any ingerlish based hibees who regularly attend. See what their preferred method of travelling is etc

KDY Hibs
28-05-2016, 07:57 AM
I never lost anything and everything turned alright in the end so not bothered :flag:I phoned him at the time and his phone was off. I know that two boys who got on the stagecoach bus and prepaid tried to contact him with no answer. To me it adds to the story of a day I'll never forget🏆

That would me me that lost out when the bus didn't show! Still buzzing from last Saturday though and I even recouped my loss on a wee flutter on Stokes to score first!! Needless to say I won't be booking on another one of his buses!

coldingham hibs
28-05-2016, 09:20 AM
What happened to the 'Famous Fife' bus. I was on that bus for a while and still see a few of the guys at the games. I used to get picked up at the old 'Cleos' in Rosyth but I'm sure there were stops in Glenrothes, Dalgety Bay & Burnisland.

KdyHby
28-05-2016, 09:36 AM
I'm moving through to Kirkcaldy soon. Have a season ticket so shall be driving to (almost) all home matches, and some away. PM me if you fancy car sharing.

the pie eater
28-05-2016, 09:41 AM
Wanting to see if there are any ingerlish based hibees who regularly attend. See what their preferred method of travelling is etc

I travel up regular fi wigan. used to be a few off us. mostly on my own now. normally get last virgin train bck with derek fi Carlisle. hopefully more of the Lancashire hibees will be joining me next season.

Finn2015
28-05-2016, 09:45 AM
I travel up regular fi wigan. used to be a few off us. mostly on my own now. normally get last virgin train bck with derek fi Carlisle. hopefully more of the Lancashire hibees will be joining me next season.

Great mate will have to look out for you. I jump on at Crewe station

LancashireHibby
28-05-2016, 09:45 AM
This season is the fewest I've been to in probably 5-6 years. Not helped by late fixture changes and the like. Will give you a shout as always when I'm going up though.

the pie eater
28-05-2016, 10:17 AM
Great mate will have to look out for you. I jump on at Crewe station

I normally get into Edinburgh for 12.25 ish. just let me know when you are going up. I'm seriously thinking about getting a season ticket again. can't see many games not being on at 3 on a sat.

the pie eater
28-05-2016, 10:21 AM
This season is the fewest I've been to in probably 5-6 years. Not helped by late fixture changes and the like. Will give you a shout as always when I'm going up though.

ok. hopefully virgin will have another sale on this season so we can get the trains pre-booked at cracking prices.

Finn2015
28-05-2016, 12:12 PM
I normally get into Edinburgh for 12.25 ish. just let me know when you are going up. I'm seriously thinking about getting a season ticket again. can't see many games not being on at 3 on a sat.

Will do mate, message you before games

DH1875
28-05-2016, 04:19 PM
Plenty Westies travel to games. We did run a bus to the Raith Rovers Cup tie. Its a matter of supply and demand, what is the most convenient way to get there etc. Quite often we go by train or just car share.

Have you and your lads been going to games by train lately? Cheers for the invite :paranoid::boo hoo::paranoid:. Only joking............................................ ..................but seriously though, give us a shout next time your taking the train :aok:

franks
28-05-2016, 04:37 PM

No need to be apprehensive you will be made very welcome on any supporters bus we are family after all. I travel on Milton Mowbray but they're all good if you make the least bit of effort you'll soon make friends.

Glory Glory

madhibby
28-05-2016, 04:56 PM
Have you and your lads been going to games by train lately? Cheers for the invite :paranoid::boo hoo::paranoid:. Only joking............................................ ..................but seriously though, give us a shout next time your taking the train :aok:

For Home games we go by car. Usually 4 of us but not always. For Tynecastle its train.

Away games its either train or car, probably 50:50 split. If its train then I can have a drink!

DH1875
28-05-2016, 09:15 PM
For Home games we go by car. Usually 4 of us but not always. For Tynecastle its train.

Away games its either train or car, probably 50:50 split. If its train then I can have a drink!

Well the next time your going by train, give me a shout and we can share a nice bottle of red :aok:.

If your driving to a long distance to a game, remember and give us a shout if you've got the room. Will pay the petrol money if you dont mind doing the driving :aok:.

Aldo
28-05-2016, 09:29 PM
The reincarnation of the Independent East Ciast Hibs bus!! Think I've still got my membership somewhere!!

Some outstanding times!

Lancs Harp
28-05-2016, 09:44 PM
based in Lytham St Annes (near Blackpool) Lancashire.

Usually travel by train. Get to Edinburgh for just after 11 return home the 6.50. Occasionally travel by car.

Have a season ticket but cant manage all the games, maybe if we an get organised in Lancs we can share resources tickets etc.

Maybe get together in Blackpool or Preston this summer?

GGTTH