PDA

View Full Version : Yams Announce that they have sold 7K season tickets.

iwasthere1972
27-05-2016, 05:11 PM
As it says on the tin.

Surprised that it's not a lot more.

Edit: Noticed that it says more than 7K. So 7007 then.

Michael
27-05-2016, 05:18 PM
They've had very good attendances last few years, so this seems a bit low.

What had they sold this time last year?

iwasthere1972
27-05-2016, 05:19 PM
They've had very good attendances last few years, so this seems a bit low.

What had they sold this time last year?

I thought it was about the 10K mark. Just surprised by the 7K figure.

Pete
27-05-2016, 05:20 PM
There's only so much hoofball you can take. Bound to have an effect.

DaveF
27-05-2016, 05:23 PM
'crashed' through 10,000 when this (http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/4370)was published on 5th June last year.

Hibbyradge
27-05-2016, 05:24 PM
They'll sell at least 12k by the start of the season.

Hibernia&Alba
27-05-2016, 05:25 PM

Aye, very early days yet.

Diclonius
27-05-2016, 05:28 PM
Surprised with that. Missing the derby?

SaulGoodman
27-05-2016, 05:29 PM

They've no got any songs left to sing.

Hibernia&Alba
27-05-2016, 05:29 PM

Still in rehab after our cup win.

Waxy
27-05-2016, 05:32 PM
Look forward to them going out the wee cup. Again.

CallumLaidlaw
27-05-2016, 05:34 PM

You think? They're 3000 down on this time last season.

We may actually have sold more than them so far.

Billy Whizz
27-05-2016, 05:41 PM

They only went on a sale a few weeks ago though

DarrenSQH
27-05-2016, 05:43 PM
They don't have a payment plan I think tho. You just go up and pay cash.

RoscoHibby
27-05-2016, 05:48 PM
7 thousand boring bar stewards!!!

Keith_M
27-05-2016, 05:55 PM
What's the obsession with the Yams?

iwasthere1972
27-05-2016, 06:05 PM
What's the obsession with the Yams?

No obsession from me. Just stating something that I saw on SSN and very rarely venture on to kickback. They mean nothing to me.

Greencore
27-05-2016, 06:08 PM
Who cares.

Pete
27-05-2016, 06:17 PM
Who cares.

Those who have replied obviously.

Waxy
27-05-2016, 06:20 PM
Who really cares about some small club who cheated their way to silverware. Reality bites. We never cheated.

Danderhall Hibs
27-05-2016, 06:52 PM
They don't have a payment plan I think tho. You just go up and pay cash.

Is that due to their debt issues?

Hibernia&Alba
27-05-2016, 06:57 PM
Is that due to their debt issues?

Cash in haun. The VAT man need never know :wink:

Glory Lurker
27-05-2016, 07:01 PM
Ha ha! We win the cup and come over all EH11, crowd-size obsessed! #Persevered cardigans next? :greengrin

Keith_M
27-05-2016, 07:03 PM
No obsession from me. Just stating something that I saw on SSN and very rarely venture on to kickback. They mean nothing to me.

Fairy nuff

:)

HibsNutter
27-05-2016, 07:06 PM
Their attendances took a huge lift following the club being saved, naturally. Although it is still an impressive figure and they'll have big attendances next season, they'll struggle to reach such figures again.

Keith_M
27-05-2016, 07:10 PM
FWIW, I can see them getting decent ST sales next season as well. Maybe they did peak last season but I can't see them reducing drastically.

I'd love to see our sales increase for next season and maybe the Cup win is gonna be the boost we need.

greenginger
27-05-2016, 07:23 PM

I see they are still selling kids tickets for £ 50 in their gold, silver and bronze sections.

Its £ 100 for a yam sprog in the platinum section.

They should really call their sections , rust, scrap, yad, for the sake of trades descriptions act. :greengrin

EH6 Hibby
27-05-2016, 09:01 PM
Are there not less available due to them demolishing the Asbestos stand?

jgl07
27-05-2016, 09:13 PM
They are not selling season tickets for 2019-20 as yet!

Edson Arantes
27-05-2016, 09:14 PM
Who cares.

The folk that have answered I would venture.

Moulin Yarns
27-05-2016, 09:20 PM

BBC carrying a story that the FOH voted to pay for the new stand. It delays the fan ownership by 8 months!!!!

Greencore
27-05-2016, 10:01 PM
Those who have replied obviously.

No shi.t

Finn2015
27-05-2016, 10:17 PM
Hopefully we will equal them. Going to add me to our list in 2-3 weeks. Would be great to equal the yams st sales

Onceinawhile
27-05-2016, 11:42 PM
Hopefully we will equal them. Going to add me to our list in 2-3 weeks. Would be great to equal the yams st sales

We won't. They finished 3Rd in the league having saved their club from extinction. They're on a high and quite right for them too.

Let's just sell as many as we can.

matty_f
27-05-2016, 11:58 PM
We won't. They finished 3Rd in the league having saved their club from extinction. They're on a high and quite right for them too.

Are we not on a wee bit of a high, too?

Onceinawhile
28-05-2016, 12:05 AM
Are we not on a wee bit of a high, too?

Yes we are. But I think personally that it's different. Fwiw. I've got my 3.

weonlywon6-2
28-05-2016, 10:26 AM
I'm feel we can exceed all expectations by selling a large amount of season tickets
38 years never had one but seriously considering for me and the youngest 😊😊😆

hibs0666
28-05-2016, 11:42 AM
I'm feel we can exceed all expectations by selling a large amount of season tickets
38 years never had one but seriously considering for me and the youngest 😊😊😆

Just do it mate it's the last you can do for the club in return for what it has now done for you.

hibbysam
28-05-2016, 12:06 PM

Winning THAT cup, trumps anything those farts have done over the last 2 years! If folk don't buy into this club now, they never will.

Ozyhibby
28-05-2016, 12:47 PM
Winning THAT cup, trumps anything those farts have done over the last 2 years! If folk don't buy into this club now, they never will.

It trumps anything they have done in my lifetime because we won it clean. No financial doping, no offshore payments to players, bills paid, tax paid and no charities bumped.
No Hearts fan can know how it feels to win the cup in such circumstances.
They just don't understand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marco G
28-05-2016, 01:24 PM
It trumps anything they have done in my lifetime because we won it clean. No financial doping, no offshore payments to players, bills paid, tax paid and no charities bumped.
No Hearts fan can know how it feels to win the cup in such circumstances.
They just don't understand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk And I think their attendances will start going down. Let's face it their style is pretty basic and if they start badly next season their loyal fans will soon drift away.

Holmesdale Hibs
28-05-2016, 01:42 PM
7k is good at this stage, the season has only just finished and most folk aren't thinking about next season yet. Maybe they have an early bird rate or something.

A jambo mate of mine said something along the lines of 'it feels like hearts again' and fair play to them as they've really turned it round since the regime a few years ago. Haven't followed the SPL since we were relegated but wouldn't shock me if they're still playing hoofball, you can't polish a turd after all.

Marco G
28-05-2016, 02:26 PM
7k is good at this stage, the season has only just finished and most folk aren't thinking about next season yet. Maybe they have an early bird rate or something.

A jambo mate of mine said something along the lines of 'it feels like hearts again' and fair play to them as they've really turned it round since the regime a few years ago. Haven't followed the SPL since we were relegated but wouldn't shock me if they're still playing hoofball, you can't polish a turd after all. Well it was certainly robust hoofball they played against us in the cup, but it didn't do them much good!

Pete
28-05-2016, 02:34 PM

A jambo mate of mine said something along the lines of 'it feels like hearts again' and fair play to them as they've really turned it round since the regime a few years ago. Haven't followed the SPL since we were relegated but wouldn't shock me if they're still playing hoofball, you can't polish a turd after all.

It feels like Hearts again? Indeed, they bottled it when it really mattered. :agree:

Ach, they will probably get about 10k+ sold because the feel good factor is there with finishing third and their new stand. The football isn't great though and I don't think Neilsen will get the benefit of the doubt too many times (unfair considering his achievements).

It's all about HFC though and while we might not reach those figures, our own feel good factor will ensure we get a few more in and take our rightful place at the top table. When we do the sky is the limit because we have no inferiority complex any more, especially when it comes to Hearts.

hibeesjoe
28-05-2016, 03:46 PM
I can't see the cup win getting us above 10k. Most fans have probably forgotten about it already. The other fans have season tickets.

Keith_M
28-05-2016, 03:54 PM
How many STs did we sell last season?

son of haggart
28-05-2016, 04:00 PM

There's no early bird rate - ticket prices are the same as they have been last two years, the only exception being the concessionary tickets for under 12s have been extended to under 13s. At this stage the only tickets available are renewals of your existing seat (which I've done) or buying the few tickets which were available (eg a mate who hasn't had one for a couple of years has bought one that was free next to us). There are only 21 seats left available for purchase for new ST holders, out of the 13,500 estimated to be available.

However this doesn't mean we've sold 13,500 , as on 7 June the seats which have not been renewed will be put up for sale, and quite a few ST holders will either not renew or be shifting their seats once this opportunity is available. My guess is we will have sold about 10,000 by then and we'll sell another 2,500 in the week or two after, and we will then see whether we can shift the last 1,000 or so, perhaps depending on the interest in any new signings.

Hope this helps

SJM
28-05-2016, 04:33 PM
Why is there a thread on how many season tickets hearts have sold on hibs.net??? Who gives one toss?

green day
28-05-2016, 04:43 PM
Why is there a thread on how many season tickets hearts have sold on hibs.net??? Who gives one toss?

Agreed. Leave them to obsess over size/capacity etc - let's be honest, it's all they have, apart from silly songs about a big nosed Czech prick.

Holmesdale Hibs
28-05-2016, 05:20 PM
There's no early bird rate - ticket prices are the same as they have been last two years, the only exception being the concessionary tickets for under 12s have been extended to under 13s. At this stage the only tickets available are renewals of your existing seat (which I've done) or buying the few tickets which were available (eg a mate who hasn't had one for a couple of years has bought one that was free next to us). There are only 21 seats left available for purchase for new ST holders, out of the 13,500 estimated to be available.

However this doesn't mean we've sold 13,500 , as on 7 June the seats which have not been renewed will be put up for sale, and quite a few ST holders will either not renew or be shifting their seats once this opportunity is available. My guess is we will have sold about 10,000 by then and we'll sell another 2,500 in the week or two after, and we will then see whether we can shift the last 1,000 or so, perhaps depending on the interest in any new signings.

Hope this helps

Makes sense, so there will be another surge in sales when the previously taken seats go on general sale.

I renewed my Palace season ticket just before the end of March and got a 10% discount for paying up front. They hold the seats at regular price until later in the year though.

I know my Edinburgh-based family will all be renewing at ER. Best case scenario is both teams selling out every week and I think the best time to be an Edinburgh football fan is when both clubs are on the front foot, with Hibs being just on top of course.

jgl07
30-05-2016, 05:28 AM

Hope this helps
I was rather surprised and expected a much larger figure at this stage.

Waxy
30-05-2016, 07:21 AM
Agreed. Leave them to obsess over size/capacity etc - let's be honest, it's all they have, apart from silly songs about a big nosed Czech prick.
What about the 1902 song? They have that?

bruno
30-05-2016, 08:04 AM
I was rather surprised and expected a much larger figure at this stage.
I think with as many people as possible trying to pay cash rather than credit card will mean we will get a good increase this week after payday

Bearing in mind tickets have only been on sale 2 and 1/2 weeks so I think the figure is pretty good

I too think that we will exceed 10k by the end of this early bird period. Prices will rise slightly and then new seasons can also be sold

I would expect near sell out of the 13500 available

Stokesy's on fire
30-05-2016, 08:08 AM
Hearts season ticket sales is of no concern of mine. But as an honest football fan they have backed their side well. 7k season ticket sales at this stage is not bad at all.

makaveli1875
30-05-2016, 08:19 AM
7000 fools have signed up for a season of hoofball....

meanwhile the polar icecaps are melting

Spike Mandela
30-05-2016, 09:50 AM
Paying for their season tickets, paying pledges, paying debt to Budge for ownership, paying for their new stand.....it all seems so easy, surprised nobody had thought of it.

Something's got to give and it will be either season tickets, pledges or qualitity of the team. Sit back and enjoy financial reality hitting home.

NAE NOOKIE
30-05-2016, 10:13 AM
I can't see the cup win getting us above 10k. Most fans have probably forgotten about it already. The other fans have season tickets.

Look mate ..... Though I like music I could hardly be described as fanatical about it .... but I still remember what I did and where I was on the day of Live Aid and that was 30 years ago ..... I have never owned a Queen album, but I still remember the amazing set they did that day.

As far as I'm concerned even casual Hibs fans who watched on the telly or were out on the streets on the 21st / 22nd of May will never forget that weekend ... when was the last time you saw 100,000 folk on Leith Walk?

Perhaps that wont be enough to get enough of them to part with cash for STs and get us up to 10,000 ....... but I highly doubt they will ever 'forget it' :flag:

hibeesjoe
30-05-2016, 10:38 AM
Look mate ..... Though I like music I could hardly be described as fanatical about it .... but I still remember what I did and where I was on the day of Live Aid and that was 30 years ago ..... I have never owned a Queen album, but I still remember the amazing set they did that day.

As far as I'm concerned even casual Hibs fans who watched on the telly or were out on the streets on the 21st / 22nd of May will never forget that weekend ... when was the last time you saw 100,000 folk on Leith Walk?

Perhaps that wont be enough to get enough of them to part with cash for STs and get us up to 10,000 ....... but I highly doubt they will ever 'forget it' :flag:

Apologies, I worded it wrongly, I know nobody will forget it. It was by a mile the best of my Hibs supporting life and I'm as over the moon as every other hibby but I'm just not sure if there will be that many extra season tickets sold of the back of the cup win.

Once the euphoria has calmed a bit after the final then it's still a decent outlay to watch championship football every week.

bruno
30-05-2016, 10:41 AM
7000 fools have signed up for a season of hoofball....

meanwhile the polar icecaps are melting

Having been ensconced in the Championship you may not have taken much notice of the top tier last season

I can assure you going to Tynecastle will not subject you to hoofball every week.

Inverness , Celtic and Dundee all try to play good football so for 6 games a season I should see some nice passing play

The rest of the games, well................................ I can take my shades to obscure the eye bleeding football

MWHIBBIES
30-05-2016, 12:08 PM
Having been ensconced in the Championship you may not have taken much notice of the top tier last season

I can assure you going to Tynecastle will not subject you to hoofball every week.

Inverness , Celtic and Dundee all try to play good football so for 6 games a season I should see some nice passing play

The rest of the games, well................................ I can take my shades to obscure the eye bleeding football
:faf:

matty_f
30-05-2016, 12:09 PM

:greengrin

Good effot! :aok:

Betty Boop
30-05-2016, 12:19 PM
Apologies, I worded it wrongly, I know nobody will forget it. It was by a mile the best of my Hibs supporting life and I'm as over the moon as every other hibby but I'm just not sure if there will be that many extra season tickets sold of the back of the cup win.

Once the euphoria has calmed a bit after the final then it's still a decent outlay to watch championship football every week.
This :agree:

greenginger
30-05-2016, 12:55 PM

I was in the ticket office this morning to see when the new season cards would be available.

I asked what sales were like and the girl said about 7500 so far. Last week they had quite a few new applications and some returns who had been missing for a few years.

Finn2015
30-05-2016, 12:57 PM
I was in the ticket office this morning to see when the new season cards would be available.

I asked what sales were like and the girl said about 7500 so far. Last week they had quite a few new applications and some returns who had been missing for a few years.

That for us? Sorry for being thick but it's a yams thread so just want to clarify. Hope we can hit the 10k mark

greenginger
30-05-2016, 01:08 PM
That for us? Sorry for being thick but it's a yams thread so just want to clarify. Hope we can hit the 10k mark
Yeah, for us, sorry for confusion.

HibbyAndy
30-05-2016, 01:14 PM
Anyone ken when our new season ticket cards are being posted out ?

MWHIBBIES
30-05-2016, 01:21 PM
Anyone ken when our new season ticket cards are being posted out ?Same card for me.

greenginger
30-05-2016, 01:26 PM
Anyone ken when our new season ticket cards are being posted out ?

They said about the end of June.

HibbyAndy
30-05-2016, 01:30 PM
Same card for me.

They said about the end of June.

Cheers guys :aok:

iwasthere1972
30-05-2016, 01:32 PM
Cheers guys :aok:

These were the dates that I received my last three season tickets so probably mid July. :aok:

2013. 12th July
2014. 19th July
2015. 14th July

EH6 Hibby
30-05-2016, 01:35 PM
These were the dates that I received my last three season tickets so probably mid July. :aok:

2013. 12th July
2014. 19th July
2015. 14th July

You've got a really good memory.

HibbyAndy
30-05-2016, 01:36 PM

2013. 12th July
2014. 19th July
2015. 14th July

Good with dates Rab:thumbsup:

iwasthere1972
30-05-2016, 01:37 PM
Good with dates Rab:thumbsup:

Aye and we won the Scottish Cup on 21 May 2016. I'm getting that tattooed on my wheelie bin. :greengrin

Finn2015
30-05-2016, 01:39 PM
Yeah, for us, sorry for confusion.

Thanks mate, apologies for me being thick lol

HibbyAndy
30-05-2016, 01:41 PM
Aye and we won the Scottish Cup on 21 May 2016. I'm getting that tattooed on my wheelie bin. :greengrin

It might end up getting trashed Rab :wink:

BSEJVT
30-05-2016, 02:08 PM
Was in today and after a gap since the end of the Colin Calderwood Era have renewed season tickets for my daughter and I

Despite my protestations on various threads over the past year about why I wouldn't get a season ticket again, I felt it was the least I owed them after the (non family related) greatest day of my life a week past Saturday.

GGTTH

Hibbyradge
03-06-2016, 08:56 PM

Yes, I think! :greengrin

The Scottish cup win and new manager will see our sales increase, though by not as much.

We'll get there though.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-season-ticket-sales-crash-through-10-000-barrier-1-4144936

Marco G
03-06-2016, 09:05 PM
Was in today and after a gap since the end of the Colin Calderwood Era have renewed season tickets for my daughter and I

Despite my protestations on various threads over the past year about why I wouldn't get a season ticket again, I felt it was the least I owed them after the (non family related) greatest day of my life a week past Saturday.

GGTTHGreat news! That is the reaction that will get us over the line next season.

One Day Soon
03-06-2016, 10:51 PM

2013. 12th July
2014. 19th July
2015. 14th July

Seriously? You actually know and remember those dates? That is remarkable.

One Day Soon
03-06-2016, 10:57 PM
Well me and One Day Soon junior will be season tickets next season. Still buzzing and well NEVER forget that day.

And that commentary as the cup was lifted: "At last, at last, at last".

Finn2015
04-06-2016, 12:04 AM
Yip my boys are a bit to young but hopefully will be able bring them in the next two years

monktonharp
04-06-2016, 12:18 AM
Well me and One Day Soon junior will be season tickets next season. Still buzzing and well NEVER forget that day.

And that commentary as the cup was lifted: "At last, at last, at last".I am puzzled, as to why you did not change your avatar a couple of weeks back:wink:

Keith_M
04-06-2016, 07:56 AM
They've just broken the 10k barrier.

Brooster
04-06-2016, 08:04 AM

Who give a *****. As Stubbsy said.....some folk need to stop obsessing about them. Lets focus on Hibs.

Keith_M
04-06-2016, 08:08 AM
Who give a *****. As Stubbsy said.....some folk need to stop obsessing about them. Lets focus on Hibs.

I have no idea why the thread was started either, as it seems overly obsessive, but thought I should at least give some perspective, so we don't look as bitter and twisted as some of them.

greenginger
04-06-2016, 08:29 AM

Selling 10 k seasons won't help their income much if a large number are for Yam sprogs at £50 a ticket.

With Celtic and Rangers visiting most likely twice next year the same seat could have been sold for 4 x £28.

But with Yams its always numbers ( 400,000 springs to mind ) :greengrin

Onceinawhile
04-06-2016, 08:46 AM
Selling 10 k seasons won't help their income much if a large number are for Yam sprogs at £50 a ticket.

With Celtic and Rangers visiting most likely twice next year the same seat could have been sold for 4 x £28.

But with Yams its always numbers ( 400,000 springs to mind ) :greengrin

You do realise a number of our tickets are children at £25 right??

greenginger
04-06-2016, 08:51 AM
You do realise a number of our tickets are children at £25 right??

Yep, but they sell £ 50 tickets nearly anywhere in their ground not just in the family section .

Hibbyradge
04-06-2016, 08:58 AM

I missed that.

What did he say and is there a link to the interview?

Finn2015
04-06-2016, 09:05 AM

Any indication what our sales are so far?

Diclonius
04-06-2016, 09:09 AM
What about the 1902 song? They have that?

I think it's great and a good example of our friendly rivalry with Hearts that they take pride in our second most recent Scottish Cup win.

HIBERNIAN-0762
04-06-2016, 09:12 AM
Did anyone take time to read those deluded bitter yam comments after the story?

Jeez they really are still on Planet Romanov.

Liars, cheats and thieves, never let them forget the shame they brought on Edinburgh.

Finn2015
04-06-2016, 09:14 AM
Any indication what our sales are so far?

Just seen on another thread. Deary me, isn't that just the way of it! Sod's law. Oh my days etc etc

Brooster
04-06-2016, 09:31 AM
I missed that.

What did he say and is there a link to the interview?

He said it numerous times including at a fans forum I was at 2 months after he arrived. He couldn't believe how much we went on about them.

Dashing Bob S
04-06-2016, 10:10 AM
If a bunch of lemmings jump over a cliff together, it ultimately doesn't matter whether there are 7,000, 10,000 or 400,000 of them doing it.

Mikers110
04-06-2016, 05:11 PM
If a bunch of lemmings jump over a cliff together, it ultimately doesn't matter whether there are 7,000, 10,000 or 400,000 of them doing it.
Hopefully 400000:agree: