PDA

View Full Version : John Doolan

Ilovehibs
27-05-2016, 04:06 PM
Sorry if this has been posted already but only just seen the footage of his celebration of Gray's goal- he comes running out the dug out, down the touch line and ends up on his knees in front of the fans in the south. Brilliant. Guy is a legend. Love him. Well done John.

GreenLake
27-05-2016, 04:20 PM
Sorry if this has been posted already but only just seen the footage of his celebration of Gray's goal- he comes running out the dug out, down the touch line and ends up on his knees in front of the fans in the south. Brilliant. Guy is a legend. Love him. Well done John.

Can you link to it?

DaveF
27-05-2016, 04:24 PM
Can you link to it?

Its in the mega video thread. The press box view one I where you see him run off down the side.

northstandhibby
27-05-2016, 04:31 PM

Class act. Not long before the Cup was lifted by Legend David Gray, John Doolan came out to fans near the tunnel, managed to shake his hand and just said 'Magic' to him. I was really chuffed. I tell you who looked really peed off was Jane Lewis alongside Brian McGlaughlin near the presentation stand. I think that's her name, does a lot of tv sport work. I don't know what team she likes but she looked well cheesed off. Maybe just the fans being on the pitch?

Nice to meet you Raymond if you're looking in son. Great celebrations mate.

Hibernian Scottish Cup Winners 2016 :greengrin

davym7062
27-05-2016, 04:34 PM
The press guys do not looked chuffed

hibee_girl
27-05-2016, 04:38 PM
Class act. Not long before the Cup was lifted by Legend David Gray, John Doolan came out to fans near the tunnel, managed to shake his hand and just said 'Magic' to him. I was really chuffed. I tell you who looked really peed off was Jane Lewis alongside Brian McGlaughlin near the presentation stand. I think that's her name, does a lot of tv sport work. I don't know what team she likes but she looked well cheesed off. Maybe just the fans being on the pitch?

Nice to meet you Raymond if you're looking in son. Great celebrations mate.

Hibernian Scottish Cup Winners 2016 :greengrin

Jane Lewis is a Motherwell fan

Bighoose
27-05-2016, 06:01 PM
On the BBC Sunshine On Leith clip at about 2:15. Is that John wiping away a wee tear?

Austinho
27-05-2016, 06:47 PM
I was on my way down to the club shop on Monday morning (still wearing my Hibs gear from the night before!), and a guy with a Scouse accent approached me, asked if I'd enjoyed the parade and the match etc.

Wasn't until I rewatched the game on tv, and saw the same guy lifting the Scottish Cup, did I realise he was actually our assistant manager! I'm sorry John - I've been in New Zealand and Australia for the past year, so didn't know your face. Thanks for being part of our special cup win!

OsloHibs
27-05-2016, 07:11 PM
Can you link to it?

Dylan posted it on his twitter page. It's the one from the press box. Doolan falls to his knees after he's ran down! Brilliant.

Ilovehibs
27-05-2016, 07:22 PM
Can you link to it?

Sorry- I'm rubbish at doing links but it was posted by Glory Lurker on the Mega videos and clips thread. Really worth a look. Doolan so passionate about our beloved club.

SaulGoodman
27-05-2016, 08:30 PM
On the BBC Sunshine On Leith clip at about 2:15. Is that John wiping away a wee tear?

Seen that too!

JimBHibees
27-05-2016, 08:35 PM

His dad died in the last few weeks. Must have been hugely emotional for him.

Brightside
27-05-2016, 09:06 PM
i spoke to him on Sunday morning..he was very emotional. I have a huge amount of time for the man and would love him to stay involved with our club long term. He loves Porty!

Ilovehibs
27-05-2016, 09:09 PM
Love the bit in the dressing room after the game when JD starts bouncing to 'Keatings on fire!' and the whole team give him a big cheer. Top man. #Hibernianfamily