PDA

View Full Version : Other fans happy we won

Flanny boy
27-05-2016, 10:20 AM
In the swimming pool today on my hols guys hear my accent shout over where you from,Edinburgh I said, they ask hibs or hearts,hibs I shout they give me the thumbs up then said delighted yous finally won it and delighted you beat the rangers to do it.(they were Dundee fans).nice touch lads it appears that sevco are hated all over the place.GGTTH

Cabbage East
27-05-2016, 10:23 AM
My Aberdeen mate sent me a link to their forum with the match thread. was a pretty good read to be honest :faf:

EVERYONE hates them and they DO care :faf:

Billy McKirdy
27-05-2016, 10:43 AM
I've even had The Rangers fans happy for us to win it 😎👍

VivaHiberña
27-05-2016, 10:44 AM
I lived in Aberdeen for a few years and pretty much all the Dons fans I know are delighted for us. I'd also add that they're seeing right through the "nasty Hibs fans burned down Glasgow and drowned kittens for fun" s***e that's been coming from the Hun/ Daily Ranger/ BBC.

Thecat23
27-05-2016, 10:44 AM
My Aberdeen mate sent me a link to their forum with the match thread. was a pretty good read to be honest :faf:

EVERYONE hates them and they DO care :faf:

You got the link mate?

Also for the ones who post on English forums anything about us on those boards from last week?

.Sean.
27-05-2016, 10:49 AM
Bar my Hibs mates majority of my mates are Jambos with the odd Celtic and a Motherwell and to a man they've all been brand new. Everyone hates Rangers.

Theyre just as astounded by the ludicrous levels of sheer bitterness and hypocrisy shown by the Huns as we are.

Real Emerald
27-05-2016, 10:53 AM
You got the link mate?

Also for the ones who post on English forums anything about us on those boards from last week?

This one kept me ammused for ages, start from the begining it's a hoot! :thumbsup:

http://www.afc-chat.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=40033

MurrayfieldHibs
27-05-2016, 10:56 AM
The retired Manchester policeman that goes to my spin classes was delighted that we beat them - and seemed quite pleased about the "afters" too :wink:

:thumbsup:

rcarter1
27-05-2016, 10:59 AM
I've even had The Rangers fans happy for us to win it 

A Rangers fan came up to me and congratulated Hibs a few hours after the game in Edinburgh.

Skåne Hibs
27-05-2016, 11:00 AM
This one kept me ammused for ages, start from the begining it's a hoot! :thumbsup:

Ha ha , that is brilliant, I thought it was only me that hated the huns that much.

Danny_Hibee
27-05-2016, 11:01 AM
I'm the only Hibs fan in work and walked in yesterday like a celebrity! Congratulations all round from Celtic, Dundee, Dundee Utd, plenty of Aberdeen fans and even a Jambo...all happy for us but even more delighted that we beat them!

Diclonius
27-05-2016, 11:04 AM
Every non-Rangers fan I know has been very happy for us.

ACLeith
27-05-2016, 11:06 AM
Ha ha , that is brilliant, I thought it was only me that hated the huns that much.

The biggest Hun-hater I know is a Killie fan. I thought I had strong views until he got going!

High-On-Hibs
27-05-2016, 11:07 AM
Everybody who isn't a fan of The Rangers is absolutely delighted that we won. Probably because The Rangers have sucked up all the hate in the world.

Aldo
27-05-2016, 11:11 AM
Majority of Yam friends (who are good guys despite being yams) congratulated me pretty much straight away. Falkirk fans too!!

Some calls some texts.

Der Huns fans didn't and the seethe and bitterness is still there. My FB page is very quiet and I have a funny feeling they have blocked me (don't give a rats arse)

Guys I was in the forces with 20 odd years ago have got in touch also!!

So in a word majority are chuffed the Huns are no!!

Roxyhibee
27-05-2016, 11:14 AM
Have to say a good number of Jambo mates have been pretty complimentary to me about how we beat them and how we deserved it.. And how much they hate them.

And my Dundee Utd neighbour who goes home and away with his team came cheering out his front door on Sunday after I got back from the parade and gave me one of the biggest hugs of the weekend..,"get it right up those horrible bigoted bstrds..!!!" Or something to that effect.

Yes, they are universally detested for all the right reasons.

lyonhibs
27-05-2016, 11:23 AM
In no particular order I've had fans of the following teams congratulate me:

Aberdeen
Celtic
St Mirren
Hearts
Rangers (no, honestly)
Everton
Liverpool
Man U
Cardiff
St Johnstone
FC Mainz

and so on and so on.

Thecat23
27-05-2016, 11:30 AM

😂 Superb.

Skåne Hibs
27-05-2016, 11:32 AM
The biggest Hun-hater I know is a Killie fan. I thought I had strong views until he got going!

I always thought with their Coisty, Durant, Boyd connections they leaned a bit more toward the Dark side. Nice to hear though.

IrnBru22
27-05-2016, 11:39 AM
As soon as the final went i had texts from 1 Dundee, 3 Celtic, 2 Jambos even 1 The rangers fan saying "well done, enjoy tonight in Leith!!!!""

Danny_Hibee
27-05-2016, 11:55 AM
I'm the only Hibs fan in work and walked in yesterday like a celebrity! Congratulations all round from Celtic, Dundee, Dundee Utd, plenty of Aberdeen fans and even a Jambo...all happy for us but even more delighted that we beat them!

Galahibby
27-05-2016, 11:56 AM
Have to say, every Sevco fan at my work came and said well done on Monday. Even the one who shouted that he hoped I had a **** weekend as he left last Friday! Jambos too, with the notable exception of my best mate (yeh, I know, sorry!) who I'm still waiting to hear from!

JeMeSouviens
27-05-2016, 12:09 PM
I got texts and fb messages from all over but also my wife (who isn't a Hibby) got called by her cousin she hadn't spoken to for months asking for my number to pass on congrats. Then another cousin (ex Queen's Park) sent her a pic from the Hampden suits area. Then she got an email from someone she worked with 20 years ago but had lost touch with, starting with congratulating Hibs on a magnificent victory. :greengrin

LaMotta
27-05-2016, 01:18 PM
Some comments from fans on a SOL video:

I'm a proud leeds United fan south of the border. This is truly magical, wonderful outpouring of emotion, this shows everything about the pride and passion of football fans. A spectacular display of love and affection, and finally some well deserved glory. I'm absolutely well chuffed for you all. I have a new favourite song and teaming Scotland, now. Can't stop playing this!

Love this. Well done Hibs from an Everton fan.

From a Liverpool fan...This is immense. Pure class. Well done Hibs.....and **** the rangers

Magnificent stuff. Well done Hibs!! As a Motherwell fan i'd like to add we were the trailblazers when it comes to pitch invasions and goading the Orc's.

From a Jambo: Magnificent rendition! Well deserved win.

Sky so over the top, Rangers fans are vile ingrates who hate everyone in Scotland except themselves and Hearts. Hibees fans are the best in Scotland and Easter Road a pleasure to visit - pity the old East Stand went, used to love it in there standing on the seat in front. Massive congrats from a LFC fan who cannot help but love The Hibees. Pitch invasion was boss lads!

You have an Aberdeen fan reduced to tears here. ****ing tremendous, good on you.

Goosebumps all round...MAGIC and well done Hibs from another Dundee fan!

Massive well done Hibs from a FC Porto fan

Wow. Awesome. From a Fluminense-Brasil fan.

Youtube video
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3b_lw7t2TE)

:hibees

NAE NOOKIE
27-05-2016, 01:39 PM

That was very entertaining ..... nae doubt about it the sheep hate the Zombies as much as we do :faf:

Topographic Hibby
27-05-2016, 01:48 PM
My Hearts neighbours
Celtic, Rangers East Stirling and Falkirk fans at work
Man U, Everton, Aston Villa fan and some US basketball fan on a FB vinyl collectors group
Some random in my local Chinese on Sat night
My blue-nose barber, who was at the game and left at FT

....all have offered their congrats and best wishes.

Not one single negative comment about invasions, alleged non-existent assaults, or severe provocation (ie, radge-dancing). Everyone appears truly happy for us. Where r the media getting their stories from?

(Edit: even my slightly Hunnish wife got dozens of texts and FB comments from her friends who were delighted for us/me)

LancsHibs
27-05-2016, 03:15 PM
You got the link mate?

I checked out the Blackpool fansonline board, the comments following the final were very complementary of the match in general, which for a neutral was very attacking and entertaining from both teams and lots of congrats to Hibs from posters, which was a but surprising as I've found there to be a lot of Hun sympathisers in the past. Also turns out there is a Hibby from Cheshire who's a regular poster on there and was at the final. Anyone on here?

LancsHibs
27-05-2016, 03:19 PM
Was on holiday and the following day an elderly couple came over at breakfast, introduced themselves as jambos shook mine and my wife's hand and congratulated us and said they were so happy that Hibs had won the cup and it would bring a lot of happiness to friends at home. Was very touched by this. Good on them😀

Oscar T Grouch
27-05-2016, 03:32 PM
My office has one football fan and that is me, I've been chomping on the bit to talk about the weekend with someone. So happy most of my clients are football fans. Had congratulations from a Huddersfield fan, a Leeds fan, a couple of Arsenal fans, a the rangers fan based in Essex, who is English, called me and just said the best team one and hung up :greengrin I emailed him my thanks and a picture of David Grey heading the winner, not heard from him again. Also the manager of our old storage facility who's a Watford fan said it was an amazing match, and he wishes they had a song like SoL. Even seen a the rangers fan friend today who grudgingly congratulated us, but used the caveat that the rangers defence was shocking, more than Hibs were good :confused:

All in all the only negativity I have seen about this cup final is from the Scottish media and on hun forums, everyone else is happy about it.

Alex Trager
27-05-2016, 04:55 PM
Been on the city forum and they were complimentary.
Read the Dons thread at 0300 on Monday with a huge smile.
Leicester fans were so so.

sleeping giant
27-05-2016, 04:57 PM

That is brilliant. Had a right laugh reading that.

SunshineOnLeith
27-05-2016, 04:59 PM
Said to friends in the run up to the final, normally everyone enjoyed us losing because of the running 114 years joke. But this time was different because everyone hates The Rangers so much, and the thought of them bragging about a Cup win was too much to bear for all right minded people.

Andy74
27-05-2016, 05:19 PM
That Aberdeen thread should be sent to SFA and police. About the most sensible summary of the pitch stuff onwards.

blackpoolhibs
27-05-2016, 05:42 PM
Was on holiday and the following day an elderly couple came over at breakfast, introduced themselves as jambos shook mine and my wife's hand and congratulated us and said they were so happy that Hibs had won the cup and it would bring a lot of happiness to friends at home. Was very touched by this. Good on them

Met your dad and brother on Saturday, they went home after the match but drove up again on the Sunday for the parade.

Your dad was the happiest person on earth matey, it was a joy to see his face. :top marks

Hibrandenburg
27-05-2016, 05:53 PM
All my German mates are taking the piss coz I couldn't attend. ****ing Huns.

ruthven_raiders
27-05-2016, 06:05 PM

The video in that link shows what a fud that guy was who tried to hit Wallace and ended up nearly colliding with Holt
....99% of other hibees dancing about delirious on the pitch ...the way it should have been, he'll deserve all he gets....great read, they do so hate the gers 😂

ALF TUPPER
27-05-2016, 06:37 PM
I got a big cheer, applause from young lads , in Glasgow. Celtic fans? . Those lads absolutely loved it today.

Not as much as we did for sure

GGTTH

ACLeith
27-05-2016, 06:52 PM
I always thought with their Coisty, Durant, Boyd connections they leaned a bit more toward the Dark side. Nice to hear though.
My mate could never take to them playing for his beloved team. He did mellow a wee bit with McCoist as he did well for them. When I say "mellowed" I mean his opinion changed to "I just dislike him now" !

A top bloke and always will be 👍

hibs#1
27-05-2016, 06:54 PM
Most people I know are celtic fans and they are delighted we won
Strangely they seem happier this year than when they beat us in 2013 dunno what that's about

hibby al
27-05-2016, 07:17 PM
got a text from a Falkirk supporting friend just after full time it read
congratulations there is a god

lexihibby
27-05-2016, 07:26 PM
We are the Willey Cayote of football. Most folk wanted us to win but it was always funny when we did. However when the road runner is a bigoted 4 year old lying about their age then most folk really want us to win.

CraigHibee
27-05-2016, 08:11 PM
most fans of other teams i know congratulated me after saturday :greengrin

LancsHibs
27-05-2016, 10:09 PM
Met your dad and brother on Saturday, they went home after the match but drove up again on the Sunday for the parade.

Your dad was the happiest person on earth matey, it was a joy to see his face. :top marks

Ha ha just seen him, he's still smiling! Saw him on the telly at the lifting of the cup:thumbsup:

Hedlund12
27-05-2016, 10:15 PM
Got many texts and FB messages from mainly Hearts supporting friends congratulating me/my son/Hibs. We also got a really heartfelt text from a Malmo fan offering his congratulations. He was genuinely delighted for us/Hibs. 💚

Finn2015
27-05-2016, 10:27 PM
The retired Manchester policeman that goes to my spin classes was delighted that we beat them - and seemed quite pleased about the "afters" too :wink:

:thumbsup:

Poor sod probably on duty when their lot ran through Manchester a few year back

Scott Allan Key
28-05-2016, 03:07 AM
Thanked an old Jambo friend for gifting me 'The Thistle and the Grail' by Robin Jenkins many years ago. His reply:

'I was listening on the radio. One of the few times I have ever cheered Hibs three times in a row! Was really rooting for you - and the pitch invasion was CLASS. None of this bland, corporate football - this MATTERED. 'Mon the Hibees (today).'

itslegaltender
28-05-2016, 06:37 AM
Drove through Castlemulk after the game to head home via East Kilbride. We had Kool and the gang blasting "celebration" on full blast on repeat. Must have been loads of Celtic fans in that area as we were getting cheered and waved at.

hibs69
28-05-2016, 07:05 AM
Not all fans. I have the scarf draped on the dash in the van......, had another van tailgating erratically around the Gyle area. When he eventually got past on the bypass, he was a The Rangers fan and almost bouncing up and down on his seat looking angry and throwing the ****er gesture. LMAO!!

nonshinyfinish
28-05-2016, 12:48 PM
We walked from Glasgow city centre to the west end after the game, we were being stopped every few yards by folk congratulating us. Mostly Celtic fans obviously, but also Partick Thistle, Ayr United etc – all of them absolutely delighted.

Oh and here in Cambridge on Monday I was cycling along in my Hibs jacket and got high-fived by a random kid who can't have been older than 12.

Phil MaGlass
28-05-2016, 12:58 PM
Congratulated by loads of Dutch mates that seen game on Dutch tv. Seems they all want to come to see Hibs. Game looked brilliant and what happened afterwards on the pitch has them all ranting to their mates. Scottish fitbas best advert for decades. Christ ahm gettin awe teary.

GreenLake
28-05-2016, 01:18 PM

I liked that thread too and the link to that Dundee Utd fan's twitter which had a couple of tweets that made me laugh.

https://twitter.com/FaustGarbanzo67/status/734338154791116800

And this one of a guy dancing on the pitch

https://twitter.com/HibsHighlights/status/734363727735185408

Septimus
28-05-2016, 01:53 PM
Had a phone call from an 87 year old Newcastle friend. He is really hurting right now but he was very pleased for me.

HappyHibby93
28-05-2016, 03:09 PM
A die in the wool Jambo that I'm pals with left a bottle of Moët behind the bar for us in our local. Good form for a Jambo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk