PDA

View Full Version : Who are they talking about?

CallumLaidlaw
27-05-2016, 08:30 AM
Who's the ex Hibs player then? Does he even exist?

http://www.thenational.scot/sport/the-kicker-club-statement-by-rangers-is-a-threat-to-justice.18032

High-On-Hibs
27-05-2016, 08:33 AM
He's standing next to her. So he can't be that bright.

SlickShoes
27-05-2016, 08:35 AM
What a bizarre article. It basically says "one made up ex hibs player is ashamed, did you know Kezia is a hibs fan, well now you do so send her your abuse here"

Seems like an irresponsible article to publish, inviting rangers fans to send a torrent of abuse to an elected politician.

Steve20
27-05-2016, 08:35 AM
I doubt it. I can't believe anyone that loves Hibs would think that anything spoiled the day on Saturday.

SJM
27-05-2016, 08:39 AM
Kirk Broadfoot??

Oscar T Grouch
27-05-2016, 08:44 AM
Condemns the rangers statement for telling the Orc hordes to attack Sturgeon and then makes sure they all know Dugdale is a Hibee. What do they think will come of that? Shocking hypocracy from th National.

JeMeSouviens
27-05-2016, 08:46 AM
That's a seriously irresponsible invitation to the knuckledraggers to start on Kezia Dugdale. It's not like she's got her troubles to seek ...

GreenOnions
27-05-2016, 08:48 AM
I don't know who he's talking about but I do agree with some of the sentiments expressed.

Whilst nothing could have "spoiled" my day last Saturday the pitch invasion did go some way towards that. From being extremely proud to be a Hibs fan when the final whistle went I quickly became embarrassed by a fair number of my fellow supporters who went onto the pitch and damaged the playing surface and goalposts. I was then mortified/disgusted when I found out that a small number had actually harassed Rangers players and officials.

It has definitely tarnished the name of the club and put us on the defensive when we should be puffing out our chests with pride. I hope those that invaded the pitch understand that, whilst they may have indulged their own emotions after the final whistle, their actions went some way to spoiling the enjoyment of other Hibs fans and possibly players too.

I'm not posting this to get into a debate about the behaviour of Rangers fans compared to ours. Any objective observer would conclude that many Rangers fans behave like foul-mouthed yobs and bigots every week. I just feel it needs to be said that the pitch invasion was wrong and took the shine off our success in my view.

Billy McKirdy
27-05-2016, 08:50 AM
Wasn't the co-commentator on the Sky coverage not Andy Walker? he's an ex Hibs player and was more than 'ashamed' listening to his slavering comments.

CallumLaidlaw
27-05-2016, 08:54 AM
I don't know who he's talking about but I do agree with some of the sentiments expressed.

Whilst nothing could have "spoiled" my day last Saturday the pitch invasion did go some way towards that. From being extremely proud to be a Hibs fan when the final whistle went I quickly became embarrassed by a fair number of my fellow supporters who went onto the pitch and damaged the playing surface and goalposts. I was then mortified/disgusted when I found out that a small number had actually harassed Rangers players and officials.

It has definitely tarnished the name of the club and put us on the defensive when we should be puffing out our chests with pride. I hope those that invaded the pitch understand that, whilst they may have indulged their own emotions after the final whistle, their actions went some way to spoiling the enjoyment of other Hibs fans and possibly players too.

I'm not posting this to get into a debate about the behaviour of Rangers fans compared to ours. Any objective observer would conclude that many Rangers fans behave like foul-mouthed yobs and bigots every week. I just feel it needs to be said that the pitch invasion was wrong and took the shine off our success in my view.

I do struggle to understand the disgust of some regarding the pitch invasion itself. We see it happening every year all over the world without an eyelid being batted. When man city won the league, every year in the English playoffs, etc, etc. Yes, the fans that went looking for trouble, thats a different matter - but the likes of sportsound were already showing their ABSOLUTE DISGUST at what was happening long before any clashes were visible - it's like they were waiting for something to happen to critisize hibs.

As for the article, its a shocker. Talk about trying to incense people.

SJM
27-05-2016, 08:56 AM
Wasn't the co-commentator on the Sky coverage not Andy Walker? he's an ex Hibs player and was more than 'ashamed' listening to his slavering comments.

I know I said club foot for a laugh but no danger that we rodent would be invited by the club. It will be made up ****.

JimBHibees
27-05-2016, 08:59 AM

I would agree to an extent wish it hadnt happened and that the cup was presented in the normal way however the authorities also need to take a share of the blame re stewarding. It has given rangers an opportunity allied to their succulent lamb friends in the media to deflect away from our glorious win..

WestEndHibee
27-05-2016, 09:01 AM
As much as I'm not a fan of hers politically, that article effectively invites rangers nutters to go and abuse Kezia, that's a massively irresponsible thing to put in print.

GreenOnions
27-05-2016, 09:03 AM
I do struggle to understand the disgust of some regarding the pitch invasion itself. We see it happening every year all over the world without an eyelid being batted. When man city won the league, every year in the English playoffs, etc, etc. Yes, the fans that went looking for trouble, thats a different matter - but the likes of sportsound were already showing their ABSOLUTE DISGUST at what was happening long before any clashes were visible - it's like they were waiting for something to happen to critisize hibs.

As for the article, its a shocker. Talk about trying to incense people.

I was quite careful to say that I was "embarrassed" by the pitch invasion - not "disgusted". My disgust was with the few who harassed Rangers players/officials and damaged the pitch/goalpost - also those who went right up in front of the Rangers fans giving it to them.

That is why pitch invasions are more problematic in Scotland than in England. Many of our social divisions are manifested in football rivalries and therefore potentially more dangerous. Whilst I did not anticipate any of our our fans going for Rangers players or damaging the pitch it was pretty obvious as soon as the invasion started that some would attempt to goad Rangers fans and that, if Rangers fans responded, it could get nasty.

Diclonius
27-05-2016, 09:04 AM
Andy Walker?

Joe6-2
27-05-2016, 09:23 AM
As much as I'm not a fan of hers politically, that article effectively invites rangers nutters to go and abuse Kezia, that's a massively irresponsible thing to put in print.

Think the article is trying to make a point, e.g. the attack on Sturgeon. Irresponsible tho!

CallumLaidlaw
27-05-2016, 09:30 AM
I was quite careful to say that I was "embarrassed" by the pitch invasion - not "disgusted". My disgust was with the few who harassed Rangers players/officials and damaged the pitch/goalpost - also those who went right up in front of the Rangers fans giving it to them.

That is why pitch invasions are more problematic in Scotland than in England. Many of our social divisions are manifested in football rivalries and therefore potentially more dangerous. Whilst I did not anticipate any of our our fans going for Rangers players or damaging the pitch it was pretty obvious as soon as the invasion started that some would attempt to goad Rangers fans and that, if Rangers fans responded, it could get nasty.

Sorry, the disgusted part wasn't aimed at you - more the MSM

AndyM_1875
27-05-2016, 09:52 AM
What a dreadful article. Yes Kezia Dugdale supports Hibs. So what? She went to the final as a fellow Hibs fans, not as leader of the Scottish Labour Party.

Why is the National encouraging the perma-offended, slighted bluenose troglodytes to have a go at her? What a disgrace of a paper, no better than the rubbish the Daily Record has been publishing.

This week has shown that the Scottish print media are an utter waste of time whether they are at the Record, Sun or National, they can all shove their newspapers up their bums.

Caversham Green
27-05-2016, 09:57 AM
Kenny Miller.

oneone73
27-05-2016, 10:00 AM
Scott Allan?

Onceinawhile
27-05-2016, 10:34 AM
What a dreadful article. Yes Kezia Dugdale supports Hibs. So what? She went to the final as a fellow Hibs fans, not as leader of the Scottish Labour Party.

Why is the National encouraging the perma-offended, slighted bluenose troglodytes to have a go at her? What a disgrace of a paper, no better than the rubbish the Daily Record has been publishing.

This week has shown that the Scottish print media are an utter waste of time whether they are at the Record, Sun or National, they can all shove their newspapers up their bums.

Is that a serious question as to why? It's because they want to discredit labour to make the snp look good.

It's frankly pathetic and shameful article.

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-05-2016, 10:42 AM
Hugely irresponsible article that.

maturehibby
27-05-2016, 10:51 AM
Ian Gray ? Kenny Mackaskill I have also seen Keith Brown at ER regularly so more Hibees to be Outed

J-C
27-05-2016, 10:58 AM
The way I read that article was they were having a pop at The Rangers.

Rangers have had a right go at Sturgeon in the press for seemingly not condoning the Hibs support and also she's Govan's MSP, Dugdale is the leader of the Scottish Labour party, a known Hibs fan who has also not mentioned the pitch invasion and nothing at all said by Rangers about here, why?

It again looks like double standards from Rangers by attacking one leader and not the other, Sturgeon is seen as their rep in parliament so they expect her to stand up for Rangers and as she hasn't they're peed off.

marinello59
27-05-2016, 11:14 AM
The way I read that article was they were having a pop at The Rangers.

Rangers have had a right go at Sturgeon in the press for seemingly not condoning the Hibs support and also she's Govan's MSP, Dugdale is the leader of the Scottish Labour party, a known Hibs fan who has also not mentioned the pitch invasion and nothing at all said by Rangers about here, why?

It again looks like double standards from Rangers by attacking one leader and not the other, Sturgeon is seen as their rep in parliament so they expect her to stand up for Rangers and as she hasn't they're peed off.

That's how I read it as well.

NAE NOOKIE
27-05-2016, 02:14 PM
The unknown ex player didn't go to the celebration because of the pitch invasion ..... Really? ..... what a plank.

To be honest the more I think about it the more I'm convinced that the lack of a pitch invasion on Saturday would have been a massive disappointment ..... Of all the clubs that have won the Scottish Cup at Hampden since I was born, more than any other club our victory was all about the fans, even more than the players or the club.

There was folk there who had watched Hibs lose final after final .... folk who had seen Hibs mad friends and relatives pass away without ever seeing the club win the cup ... a huge number of folk who had endured the 2012 final ... as Hibs supporters every one of them had had 1902 rammed down their throat for bloody decades. As far as I'm concerned that pitch invasion was the entirely appropriate full stop to 114 years of humiliation and had to happen.

The fact that the players were not allowed to do their lap of honour was entirely down to the police / SFA taking a massive huff over what had happened and nothing to do with security and in view of that it was not the fans fault.

The few idiots who went too far ( I don't include goalpost climbers or gardeners ) will be punished and rightly so ....... but anybody seriously suggesting that what happened has taken the gloss off of Saturday needs to get a bloody grip.

lord bunberry
27-05-2016, 02:18 PM
I wonder if the ex player was Michael Stewart

Keith_M
27-05-2016, 02:18 PM
Who's the ex Hibs player then? Does he even exist?

http://www.thenational.scot/sport/the-kicker-club-statement-by-rangers-is-a-threat-to-justice.18032

Is that a spoof article?

portyhibernian
27-05-2016, 02:24 PM
The unknown ex player didn't go to the celebration because of the pitch invasion ..... Really? ..... what a plank.

To be honest the more I think about it the more I'm convinced that the lack of a pitch invasion on Saturday would have been a massive disappointment ..... Of all the clubs that have won the Scottish Cup at Hampden since I was born, more than any other club our victory was all about the fans, even more than the players or the club.

There was folk there who had watched Hibs lose final after final .... folk who had seen Hibs mad friends and relatives pass away without ever seeing the club win the cup ... a huge number of folk who had endured the 2012 final ... as Hibs supporters every one of them had had 1902 rammed down their throat for bloody decades. As far as I'm concerned that pitch invasion was the entirely appropriate full stop to 114 years of humiliation and had to happen.

The fact that the players were not allowed to do their lap of honour was entirely down to the police / SFA taking a massive huff over what had happened and nothing to do with security and in view of that it was not the fans fault.

The few idiots who went too far ( I don't include goalpost climbers or gardeners ) will be punished and rightly so ....... but anybody seriously suggesting that what happened has taken the gloss off of Saturday needs to get a bloody grip.

Well said :top marks

SlickShoes
27-05-2016, 02:28 PM
Is that a spoof article?

I thought that as well at first especially since whoever wrote it doesn't even put their actual name to the piece.

gogs_t
27-05-2016, 02:30 PM

This is where I am as well.

On hindsight, it obviously would have been better if the pitch invasion hadn't happened but I totally understand why it happened and wasn't in the least bit surprised.

The majority of that support felt emotions they had never experienced following Hibs and probably never will again. And probably emotions a lot of football fans will never experience in a lifetime.

And there was no reason the players couldn't do a lap of honour. All they had to do was announce if anyone encroached onto the pitch, the players would be removed.

Sudds_1
27-05-2016, 02:32 PM

hear hear!!! :agree::agree::agree:

way too much precious hypocrisy coming out from certain quarters on this. As has been said many times on this board, those eejits from both sides who thought it necessary to use the occasion as an excuse for a fight will, and should be, dealt with. Plenty video and other evidence to use................which btw can also be used to defeat the pious nonsense coming out from the orcs and the hun meeja.

What we saw on Saturday was an outpouring of genuine relief and joy from the Hibs support (well 99% of them). Didn't take a genius to work out what would happen if Hibs DID win the trophy...........or did they expect the fans to sit and politely clap their hands as the chaps lifted the trophy calling out "...jolly well done" before heading back to edinburgh for a smoked salmon sandwich and glass of wine?

Jeezo........we lifted a trophy that NO-ONE on the planet had seen us win ..over a century of heartbreak for generations of hibs supporters......and we did it against the odds in the final seconds of a closely fought game.

The shine of that victory - and the manner of that victory - can never be tarnished by a few idiots..not will it be!

:flag::flag::flag:

OsloHibs
27-05-2016, 02:44 PM
I'd love to know who this "alleged" player is.. If he truly feels like that, why hide your face?

leggeto
27-05-2016, 02:52 PM
Bunch of Hun dix stirring up trouble,they must still be ragin

Green Man
27-05-2016, 02:59 PM
It's a ridiculous article, I've been considering cancelling my subscription to the National for a while now and that has sealed it.

HibsNutter
27-05-2016, 02:59 PM
Hahahahahaha, didn't go to the celebrations because of the pitch invasion? ******ing hell, nobody missed him whoever it was.

FWIW after the dust has settled I still don't regret the pitch invasion, even the goals and the turf being messed up in the heat of the moment, the club should be fined and I'm sure those responsible will pay towards it. The only thing I wish hadn't happened was the violence, towards fans and allegedly towards players.

Pete
27-05-2016, 03:00 PM
I'd love to know who this "alleged" player is.. If he truly feels like that, why hide your face?

The ex-player isn't the one in the photo.

It's probably Andy Walker who is gutted. (Not that I believe for one minute that any significant player would say that.)

Scott Allan Key
27-05-2016, 03:09 PM

I was overjoyed at the pitch invasion. Didn't go on myself. Saw the Rangers fans go onto pitch too. Assumed they were the trouble-makers and was even understanding the Wembley 77 'exuberance' to a point. Then listened to Tam Cowan on way home, still incredibly bitter at Leeann not doing this for Motherwell and losing all his material for his 'comedy gigs' aiding the Yams.

You know what, I don't condone the violence on Saturday but Hibs are no longer a joke club. We are being seen as a serious football club intent on success and that thrills me and only pees off the entitlement numpties that make our country a joke.

lyonhibs
27-05-2016, 03:42 PM
If Andy Walker is gutted, then I'm delighted. The man's a bellend.