PDA

View Full Version : Singing the Billy Boys is fine apparently

Diclonius
27-05-2016, 07:31 AM
If your opponents do something worse.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/14519776.Rangers_director_Robertson__Singing_The_B illy_Boys_was_better_than_invading_the_Hampden_pit ch/

lyonhibs
27-05-2016, 07:33 AM

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/14519776.Rangers_director_Robertson__Singing_The_B illy_Boys_was_better_than_invading_the_Hampden_pit ch/

But they, errrr, also invaded the Hampden pitch which leaves us right back at square 1 :confused:

Heisenberg
27-05-2016, 08:01 AM
He actually says that. Unbelievable. A director of their club has just come out and condoned signing sectarian songs.

JimBHibees
27-05-2016, 08:04 AM
He actually says that. Unbelievable. A director of their club has just come out and condoned signing sectarian songs.

I think we all knew that to be the case anyway after Graham Speirs said so previously. Now it has been admitted in public at least their moronic position is clear.

PHEONIXHIBS
27-05-2016, 08:14 AM
Full Q&A posted on the evening times, Frankly some staggering responses http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/14519757.Rangers_Q_A__Stewart_Robertson_on_Club_18 72__Hampden__Hibs__the_Billy_Boys__the_SPFL_and_Ma rk_Warburton/

Michael
27-05-2016, 08:15 AM

Unbelievable. Scottish football is a joke.

PHEONIXHIBS
27-05-2016, 08:16 AM
I see he also now says 3 players were "Attacked" not the reported 11

easty
27-05-2016, 08:18 AM
Full Q&A posted on the evening times, Frankly some staggering responses http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/14519757.Rangers_Q_A__Stewart_Robertson_on_Club_18 72__Hampden__Hibs__the_Billy_Boys__the_SPFL_and_Ma rk_Warburton/

What a question for the "newspaper" to be asking -

DO YOU THINK IF ANY OTHER CLUB HAD BEEN INVOLVED IN THAT FINAL HIBS FANS WOULD HAVE REACTED SO AGGRESIVELY AFTER THEIR INITIAL EXUBERANCE?

Cabbage East
27-05-2016, 08:20 AM

I thought they'd come down to 7? Now it's 3? And still no pictures....

Seethco

Peevemor
We don’t condone that kind of behaviour. However, if I had a choice between the fans singing a song or piling over the wall into a pitched battle with the Hibs fans, I know what I would choose.

“That doesn’t make it right, but you have to put it into context. I’d rather have that than two or three thousand piling over the wall and we have a riot on our hands.”

I agree with him TBH but unfortunately it didn't stop at that. They had fans who went on the pitch with the sole puprpose of looking for a pagger - something they seem to be glossing over.

easty

Isn't he saying 3 members of staff, as well as all the players?

Northernhibee
27-05-2016, 08:22 AM
The SFA should hammer them and ban them from all competitions then.

Treadstone
27-05-2016, 08:24 AM
Someone tell him it's not actually a choice.

marinello59
27-05-2016, 08:24 AM

He has totally fudged it. So now they have to check with those who have gone on holiday to see if they were attacked or not? I think we already know the answer to that.

High-On-Hibs
27-05-2016, 08:25 AM
Perhaps somebody should explain to that arse clown that The Rangers do both!

SlickShoes
27-05-2016, 08:27 AM
**** from top to bottom, that's Rangers.

madhibee_again
27-05-2016, 08:27 AM
He's actually not saying any players were attacked, complete change of tact, just "impacted":

SR: Every one of those players coming off that pitch was pretty badly impacted by what happened and three members of staff that I’m aware of – a couple of guys have gone on holiday so we’re still checking to get the final numbers, to be honest. All of that has now gone to the police or is going to the police, so we’re going to step back about making much more public comment and just let the investigations take their path.

JimBHibees
27-05-2016, 08:30 AM

Yep huge climb down from all players attacked to they were all effected. Joke.

SR: Every one of those players coming off that pitch was pretty badly impacted by what happened and three members of staff that I’m aware of – a couple of guys have gone on holiday so we’re still checking to get the final numbers, to be honest. All of that has now gone to the police or is going to the police, so we’re going to step back about making much more public comment and just let the investigations take their path.

Baader
27-05-2016, 08:33 AM
Keith Jackson had better be questioning his 'dressing room insider'. As if anyone believes he actually exists...

Finn2015
27-05-2016, 08:36 AM
Whole thing is a bad joke and again we have the rangers fans and their sectarian filth excused. Some things never change

MyJo
27-05-2016, 08:42 AM
i wonder if chanting "up to our knees in fenian blood, surrender or you'll die" is classed as severe provocation?

macca70
27-05-2016, 08:43 AM
'Impacted' trying there best to make it sound as bad as they can. If they just said verbally abused, it might be slightly more realistic but there fans verbally abused us for 94 mins with there sectarian nonsense.

So 3 players are now on holiday and Rangers are unaware if they were assaulted or abused coming off the pitch!!! What a load of nonsense!!!

The Police should be investigating The Rangers for wasting Police time and perverting the course of justice, they are blatantly lieing!!!

Aldo
27-05-2016, 08:49 AM
If your opponents do something worse. http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/14519776.Rangers_director_Robertson__Singing_The_B illy_Boys_was_better_than_invading_the_Hampden_pit ch/

2 wrongs don't make a right I'm afraid!

Just shows they know fine well what's being sung!!

Carheenlea
27-05-2016, 08:51 AM
I take it we now know the identity of the director who told Graeme Spiers that The Billy Boys was "a great song".

O'Rourke3
27-05-2016, 08:54 AM
Had to stop reading that. Where's the Last Leg's Bull Sh*T button when you need it?

Jim44
27-05-2016, 09:58 AM
This is the equivalent of saying that rape is preferable to murder.

Caversham Green
27-05-2016, 10:46 AM
He seems to think their only two options were to sing offensive songs or attack the Hibs fans. Rather sums up his foul club's attitude.

Pretty Boy
27-05-2016, 10:48 AM
Stewart Robertson, Ranger Director, is probably the kind of person who thinks singing the Billy Boys is fine full stop.

Colr
27-05-2016, 11:21 AM
Look. If the Rangers and the SFA think that this song is acceptable, then we have to adopt and adapt it to test that. 10,000 Hibee boys singing about being up to their knees in Ranger's blood or Weegie blood is sure to draw a reaction if you recall the furore over "Feed the Weegies".

Take it and use it back at them!!

Jim44
27-05-2016, 11:35 AM
I know there is an auto-censor on this board for swearwords and generally unacceptable words like s**m and ve*** n but it would be appropriate to have an override available when using these words in connection with Sevco.

cabbageandribs1875
27-05-2016, 11:38 AM
vermin is very acceptable....and very apt when used for describing that vile institution

BH Hibs
27-05-2016, 11:45 AM
The ministry of propaganda is truly out in force.

Jim44
vermin is very acceptable....and very apt when used for describing that vile institution

How did you do that? I always thought it was on the no-no list. I'm miffed at the years of non- usage I've suffered :-(

silverhibee

Wow, is this guy for f***ing real, so they only sung the song once, he must have took his earphones out at FT, no mention of the smoke bombs that were constantly set off from the zombies throughout the game, The Rangers fans only came on to the pitch to protect there players and staff, and that's okay is it, ya trumpet, , and we get it, Stewart Reagan is on your side.

Child snatchers trying to abduct a young Hibs boy from the pitch, a big fat ****** having a square go with a horse, a suit having a kick out at a Hibs fan in the losers technical area, loser fans outside the ground attacking police vans on there way to an emergency.

Deary F***ing me.

Show us all these injuries to your players & staff ya tosser.

Over to you Leeann.

silverhibee
27-05-2016, 11:51 AM

:agree:

poolman
27-05-2016, 11:52 AM
an extract from an article in the Daily Rag today...Hunbelievable

Police finally keep the fans in check.Rangers fans have even claimed they have become the whipping boys of Scottish football and demanded an end to their “dehumanisation”.
The spokeman added: “A climate is being created within Scottish football, and Scotland as a whole, where Rangers supporters, staff and anyone connected with the club are seen as fair game by an unpleasant and active minority who attach themselves to several Scottish football clubs.
“The bile generated by these people, which has its root in social media but has moved into areas of the mainstream media and politics, is now translating into acts of violence.
“The bile, hatred and resulting violence shown towards Rangers needs to stop before someone is more seriously hurt.
“Only by standing together can Rangers supporters hope to redress the balance of how we are currently treated. The dehumanisation of the Rangers support must stop now.”

Dont know where to begin with that steaming pile o' keek

CraigHibee
27-05-2016, 11:58 AM

“If I recall correctly, the Billy Boys was sung after the Hibs fans came on to the pitch,” he said.

i think he needs to get his hearing tested as they sang it during the game as well

GordonHFC
27-05-2016, 11:58 AM
He seems to think their only two options were to sing offensive songs or attack the Hibs fans. Rather sums up his foul club's attitude.

Well they chose both options didn't they?

GordonHFC
27-05-2016, 12:02 PM
Tell me how you can 'dehumanise' anything that isn't human in the first instance?

jacomo
27-05-2016, 12:09 PM
But they, errrr, also invaded the Hampden pitch which leaves us right back at square 1 :confused:

He's actually referring to The Rangers fans here. Talking about singing the Billy Boys, he says:

'We don't condone that sort of behaviour. However, if I had a choice between the fans singing a song or piling over a wall into a pitched battle with the Hibs fans, I know what I would choose.'

jacomo
27-05-2016, 12:12 PM
Keith Jackson had better be questioning his 'dressing room insider'. As if anyone believes he actually exists...

I can imagine the phone call...

KJ: Hi Jim, listen, got a bit of a problem... we went with your claims, but it seems as if they are not backed up by actual evidence...

JT: YOU ARE SUBJECTING ME TO EXTREME PROVOCATION HERE, JACKSON!

Pete
27-05-2016, 12:14 PM
By saying that these songs are preferable to his own clubs fans fighting, he's also saying that the songs are also preferable to ours doing the same.

I've no doubt the Rangers players were alarmed at the crowd rushing on to the pitch and any assault is shameful. However, that's a few times now they have used confrontational language when describing an act that was 99% good natured. "Over the top" and "over the wall" are sayings used to describe an offensive manoeuvre on an enemy within a theatre of war.
This is all about SFA sanctions now and by demonising the very act of our pitch invasion, it's hoped they can tip the scales in their direction and give their "provocation" argument a bit more gravity.

There's a little bit more thought going into what they say now but it's the same deflection tactics. I hope the punishments are fair but in order to do this the panel must look at facts and not be taken in by these releases that sound like emotional victim statements.

Andy74
27-05-2016, 12:21 PM
By saying that these songs are preferable to his own clubs fans fighting, he's also saying that the songs are also preferable to ours doing the same.

I've no doubt the Rangers players were alarmed at the crowd rushing on to the pitch and any assault is shameful. However, that's a few times now they have used confrontational language when describing an act that was 99% good natured. "Over the top" and "over the wall" are sayings used to describe an offensive manoeuvre on an enemy within a theatre of war.
This is all about SFA sanctions now and by demonising the very act of our pitch invasion, it's hoped they can tip the scales in their direction and give their "provocation" argument a bit more gravity.

There's a little bit more thought going into what they say now but it's the same deflection tactics. I hope the punishments are fair but in order to do this the panel must look at facts and not be taken in by these releases that sound like emotional victim statements.

Over the Wall is also a reference to the escape of IRA prisoners from a Belfast prison - wouldn't surprise me if they knew that fine well.

Golden Bear
27-05-2016, 12:23 PM
How did you do that? I always thought it was on the no-no list. I'm miffed at the years of non- usage I've suffered :-(

I've heard worse from you Jim!

:greengrin

:wink:

Baader
27-05-2016, 12:30 PM
Huns and their new found victim status. Used to be Celtic everyone thought was paranoid. This lot need sectioned.

Pete
27-05-2016, 12:36 PM
Over the Wall is also a reference to the escape of IRA prisoners from a Belfast prison - wouldn't surprise me if they knew that fine well.

My mistake. That makes it even worse as it's been used a few times now and it can't be a coincidence.

A secret rallying cry to the bigots. Disgusting.

Who is being dehumanised now?

lyonhibs
27-05-2016, 12:42 PM
He's actually referring to The Rangers fans here. Talking about singing the Billy Boys, he says:

And my point was that a goodly number of Rangers fans did both. It's not like there were Rangers fans scrapping on the pitch going "Baws, this is depriving me of a great sing song, best get back in the stand"

hibbysam
27-05-2016, 12:47 PM
Can we get away with saying that any fans that entered the pitch were just protecting our manager and Catholic players against extreme provocation having witnessed them be on the end of prolonged and extreme Sectarian abuse from the stands!

Whatever the **** happened to "No one likes us, We don't care"???

Greeting faced bigoted ********s!

CyberSauzee
27-05-2016, 12:55 PM
A decent summary and historical context from JJ

http://wp.me/p6L11Q-aoy

calumhibee1
27-05-2016, 12:57 PM

Police finally keep the fans in check.Rangers fans have even claimed they have become the whipping boys of Scottish football and demanded an end to their “dehumanisation”.
The spokeman added: “A climate is being created within Scottish football, and Scotland as a whole, where Rangers supporters, staff and anyone connected with the club are seen as fair game by an unpleasant and active minority who attach themselves to several Scottish football clubs.
“The bile generated by these people, which has its root in social media but has moved into areas of the mainstream media and politics, is now translating into acts of violence.
“The bile, hatred and resulting violence shown towards Rangers needs to stop before someone is more seriously hurt.
“Only by standing together can Rangers supporters hope to redress the balance of how we are currently treated. The dehumanisation of the Rangers support must stop now.”

😂😂😂

Moulin Yarns
27-05-2016, 01:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqSY3iQM56g

Neilbooks
27-05-2016, 01:28 PM

Can we play that every time they come to Easter Road?

Bishop Hibee
27-05-2016, 01:35 PM

As true now as when it was written sadly.

northstandhibby
27-05-2016, 01:45 PM


Here's a wee song for the huns.

What's the matter huns
ya gotta no respect
who do think you are
vile sectarian sxxm
ye wear the fanny hat
ah shuddup yer face

Joe dolce shudda up yer face tune

NAE NOOKIE
27-05-2016, 02:46 PM

FFS ........... you work hard for decades at giving everybody a reason to hate you and then moan like a wee bairn when everybody does .... some folk are never happy

JimBHibees
27-05-2016, 02:58 PM

Dear oh dear. Never read so much guff in my life. The dehumanisation of Rangers fans give me a break.

Have heard my kids when younger, come out with 'you say what you are' about a kid calling others names, which is absolutely appropriate in this case. That sort of opinion gets space in the Record. Personally didnt think that rag could get any worse, couldnt be more wrong. Utter toilet roll of a newspaper.

The Harp Awakes
27-05-2016, 03:25 PM

The more they come out with this kind of nonsense, the worse it will get for them. They're a complete laughing stock now, and the more everyone else ignores and ridicules them the more they'll whip themselves into a frenzy. I've spoken to fans of several different clubs this week at work and they are all p1ssing themselves at the Govan Zombies and the tosh they are coming out with.

SlickShoes
27-05-2016, 03:28 PM
The more they come out with this kind of nonsense, the worse it will get for them. They're a complete laughing stock now, and the more everyone else ignores and ridicules them the more they'll whip themselves into a frenzy. I've spoken to fans of several different clubs this week at work and they are all p1ssing themselves at the Govan Zombies and the tosh they are coming out with.

I was playing football with a Rangers fan today, every time he moaned folk in the game would ask him if he was going to release a statement or write a letter to FIFA.

Kojock
27-05-2016, 03:51 PM
Britains Got Talent auditions from Belfast Warning contains strong language.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBl9lWfOYG8

lyonhibs
27-05-2016, 03:53 PM

For their own good, someone needs to sabotage the WiFi router at Ibrox. It's getting into a wonderfully comic cycle now.

Release hilarious press release - fume as everyone pisses themselves at you - release hilarious press release spouting off at the folk that pissed themselves the last time - fume as everyone pisses themselves at you - etc etc

Personally, long may it continue.

Jim44
27-05-2016, 03:57 PM
I've heard worse from you Jim!

Only when I miss an 18 inch putt!

nickwhibs
27-05-2016, 04:06 PM

Good song. Good band. Very appropriate for these 'bigoted ********s' and their hypocrisy and justifying of their actions/sectarian singing.

Haymaker
27-05-2016, 04:34 PM
I was playing football with a Rangers fan today, every time he moaned folk in the game would ask him if he was going to release a statement or write a letter to FIFA.

:faf: will remember that when the local hun comes out of hiding. He won't come near the pub as "that Hibs **** will be there". :greengrin