PDA

View Full Version : Serious Question Here

Torto7062
27-05-2016, 06:59 AM
Has anything in your life gave you such a feeling ?

What I experienced last Saturday at Hampden still hasn't sunk in,
My heart pumps quicker and the goosebumps reappear when
re-watching highlights.

This got me thinking...has anything in my life felt like that and lasted as long ?

Having Kids ?
Getting Married ?
The 6-2 Game ?
Semi Final v Rangers in Skol Cup semi ?

This week has got to be the BEST ever feeling......

Anyone disagree

Footnote: Dear Wife and Kids...I'll be home Sunday once sobered up [emoji8]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

greenlex
27-05-2016, 07:02 AM
Second only to watching your kids achieve something really great.

Joe6-2
27-05-2016, 07:11 AM
Just second to having my kids!

Onceinawhile
27-05-2016, 07:12 AM
No.

Much better than having kids.

Can only imagine the significant other of the two posters above also read this board.

lord bunberry
27-05-2016, 07:13 AM
It was a unique feeling that I doubt I'll ever feel again, only winning the league could possibly top that.

Joe6-2
27-05-2016, 07:13 AM
No.

Can only imagine the significant other of the two posters above also read this board.

Ha ha

lyonhibs
27-05-2016, 07:17 AM
The intensity of feeling at the very moment of the final whistle and immediate aftermath?

No, and until I have kids, I don't think anything will.

Getting married was an incredible day, but I was grinning like a fool over a longer period once everything had gone to plan.

It was basically 1 emotion at sort of 8/10 level (apart from a few 10/10 moments obviously, SoL as the first dance being right up there :flag:)the whole time, which is different from being nervous, afraid, hopeful, ecstatic and then just absolutely delirious all within 90 (or rather 94) minutes.

CorrieHibs
27-05-2016, 07:19 AM
Best day/weekend of my life.

Tears of joy at full time for we had finally done it and tears for 2 family members that are no longer with us.

Salt N Sauzee
27-05-2016, 07:30 AM
Best feeling I've ever had by a long long way. Never had kids or anything like that but when I do, regardless of gender, my child will be named David Gray.

matty_f
27-05-2016, 07:31 AM
Those moments when the third went in and then again at the full time whistle - I don't think they will be surpassed as a moment of pure, unadulterated euphoria.

When my kids were born and when I got married I was as happy as I could be, filled with emotion and genuinely ecstatic. I didn't jump about screaming and hugging strangers though.

The difference is that I knew my wedding was coming, knew my kids were going to be born and so had time to prepare and take it all in.

At 2-1 down I was ready for the disappointment. All emotions had been set to prepare to not take the defeat too badly.

To go from that to the ball hitting the back of the net was an incredible emotional turnaround, heightened by the fact that 21000 others were going through the exact same emotional journey.

It was an unbelievable high - to the point I'm still buzzing almost a full week later.

hibee_girl
27-05-2016, 07:33 AM
Given I was under general anaesthetic and can't remember a moment of when my child was born, I'd say Saturday was 100% better than that :greengrin

SJM
27-05-2016, 07:54 AM
I'll never get that feeling when the third went in again in my life and I have never previously. My daughter born was different emotion.

marinello59
27-05-2016, 08:18 AM
No.

:greengrin

CallumLaidlaw
27-05-2016, 08:23 AM
Those moments when the third went in and then again at the full time whistle - I don't think they will be surpassed as a moment of pure, unadulterated euphoria.

When my kids were born and when I got married I was as happy as I could be, filled with emotion and genuinely ecstatic. I didn't jump about screaming and hugging strangers though.

The difference is that I knew my wedding was coming, knew my kids were going to be born and so had time to prepare and take it all in.

At 2-1 down I was ready for the disappointment. All emotions had been set to prepare to not take the defeat too badly.

To go from that to the ball hitting the back of the net was an incredible emotional turnaround, heightened by the fact that 21000 others were going through the exact same emotional journey.

It was an unbelievable high - to the point I'm still buzzing almost a full week later.

Agree with that word for word. I don't think theres any drink or substance in the wold that could give you the adrenalyn rush I had at 4.45. Relief. Euphoria. Pride.

Waxy
27-05-2016, 08:23 AM
Better (emotional high)than having the kids (sorry kids).It's different. The two cant really be compaired.As high as i've ever been between Grays goal and the next 30 mins.

Northernhibee
27-05-2016, 08:24 AM
That was 114 years of pain exorcised in a flash when Sir David's goal went in. I wish I could live that again, the most unreal feeling.

Waxy
27-05-2016, 08:25 AM
Best feeling I've ever had by a long long way. Never had kids or anything like that but when I do, regardless of gender, my child will be named David Gray.

There'll be a few lassies called David born in Edinburgh the next year.

SlickShoes
27-05-2016, 08:30 AM
Nothing better in my life so far, as a whole experience my wedding day was very close but that distilled 5 minute period of scoring, then winning then realising what had happened and hugging my dad and thinking about my granddad that's no longer here was 5 minutes i'd live over and over if i could.

I had conditioned myself to accept we were never winning it, constant taunting from jambos wasn't much of an issue but when other teams and the media started piling on it just became really depressing over the last few years.

I can only imagine it's similar to realising you are holding the £5m winning lottery ticket in your hand.

YorkshireHibee
27-05-2016, 07:30 PM
I can't read or watch anything about it without greetin' this is mad..

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

scuttle
27-05-2016, 07:38 PM

This just about sums it up for me too

Kojock
27-05-2016, 07:44 PM
Getting married and kids being born you have months to prepare for it and at the end you know your going to have a wife or a child. However on Saturday we only had a couple of minutes to prepare ourselves.

HIBBYSTU T
27-05-2016, 07:48 PM
Thought the tears had stopped.Then heard my daughters wedding song.:flag:True Colours:flag:

hibbydog
27-05-2016, 07:49 PM

My thoughts exactly.

Happy as Larry on my wedding day and when the kids were born. But I knew it was going to happen.

Not sure anything will top the excitement and drama of David Grays header hitting the net and the wild celebrations afterwards.

Special. Really special. There is nobody still alive from the last time this happened.

When I kick the bucket in 40 years time, I will remember
Saturday as one of THE days of my life.

27-05-2016, 08:07 PM
The sheer joy at the 3rd goal then the ecstasy at FT was unreal. Nothing like i've ever felt before. Simply indescribable.

Pat 0-7
27-05-2016, 08:17 PM

Great post. I'm still greetin almost a full week later!!

http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/boo%20hoo.gif

greenlex
27-05-2016, 08:18 PM
Sorry it still can't beat your kids achieving something special. Imagine your kid had scored the winner? Now that would be extra special.😎

Fritz
27-05-2016, 08:18 PM

Agree 100%. I've been thinking about this a lot over the last few days. Was afraid to post something similar lest I be accused of having my priorities all wrong.

You're right, the build up to, and knowledge of my wedding day and/or kids' due date meant that

CmoantheHibs
27-05-2016, 08:19 PM
TBH living in Thailand my life is full of huge emotional releases but none has affected me in the same way as winning the cup.

Fritz
27-05-2016, 08:25 PM

Agree 100%. I've been thinking about this a lot over the last few days. Was afraid to post something similar lest I be accused of having my priorities all wrong.

You're right, the build up to, and knowledge of, my planned wedding day and kids' due date meant that I was prepared for them, as much as I could be. Add to that, I found the birth of my kids as terrifying as I did joyful!

So, while I will qualify this by saying I would choose my wife and 3 kids over the Scottish Cup EVERY day, NOTHING has come close to the sheer primal outpouring of emotion that I felt on Saturday. The single greatest day of my life. And I've been on an absolute high ever since.