PDA

View Full Version : Will There Ever Be A Better Achievement?

Keyser Sauzee
26-05-2016, 07:36 PM
I've been asking myself this since Sunday and I honestly don't think I will see a better achievement for Hibs than last weekend.

I think winning the league wouldn't be as good as Saturday and that only leaves a European title which will never happen!

Ged
26-05-2016, 07:38 PM
It would probably have been a cup double if we had a fully fit team out against Ross County, so it could have been even better.

Canon Hannan
26-05-2016, 07:39 PM
Winning the League would be a better achievement.
But that game will NEVER be achieved gain. It was the best feeling in my life.
Still happy.

Scouse Hibee
26-05-2016, 07:41 PM
I don't think any game of football could ever make me feel as good as that again.

lyonhibs
26-05-2016, 07:41 PM
Winning it next year when I'm ******g well there!!

Onion
26-05-2016, 07:44 PM
Winning the league would be incredible but it's a slow burn. David Gray's goal and the final whistle on Sat is all of that emotion crammed into 30 seconds. No feeling like that, nothing will ever come close. :flag:

Keyser Sauzee
I don't think any game of football could ever make me feel as good as that again.

I don't think I will ever be able to replicate the feeling I had at full time at another football game again, Infact I don't think i'll have as good a weekend in football terms which in a way has got me quite gutted lol!

hibsbollah
I think we should all remember over the next few weeks to take time out, put our feet up, open a cold beer or whatever your thing is, and just reflect how lucky we are to be right in the middle of celebrating The Greatest, and Sweetest Victory Ever. Don't take it for granted. It was magnificent. It was zeros to Heroes. Rags to Riches. It was poetic.

I'm welling up again:greengrin

DaveF
26-05-2016, 07:54 PM
Winning the league would be incredible but it's a slow burn. David Gray's goal and the final whistle on Sat is all of that emotion crammed into 30 seconds. No feeling like that, nothing will ever come close. :flag:

I've had a fair number of encounters like that in my life :greengrin but nothing will ever hit the heights of last Saturday. Ever :thumbsup:

Sir David Gray
26-05-2016, 08:04 PM
Winning the Champions League would not make me feel how I felt when David Gray's header bulged the back of the net on Saturday.

I am pretty confident that I will never experience that feeling again in my entire life.

GlesgaeHibby
26-05-2016, 08:09 PM
I still can't quite take it in.

The euphoria and madness as Gray scored was just unbelievable - being with 21,000 celebrating Hibs fans all going beserk. When the whistle went I couldn't quite take it all in. I just stood, with a massive grin on my face, shaking my head in disbelief, wondering if it was all a dream. Struggled to take it all in, we had actually just done it (and not only that done it after being 2-1 down with 10 minutes to go!).

There won't be an achievement to better this. This Hibs team did what no other Hibs team, including some of our greatest ever teams, managed in 114 years.

northstandhibby
26-05-2016, 08:12 PM
I think we should all remember over the next few weeks to take time out, put our feet up, open a cold beer or whatever your thing is, and just reflect how lucky we are to be right in the middle of celebrating The Greatest, and Sweetest Victory Ever. Don't take it for granted. It was magnificent. It was zeros to Heroes. Rags to Riches. It was poetic.

This!

Still happy daft smiling you know. It feels like falling in love again all happy daft and warm inside.

Glory Glory

Frazerbob
26-05-2016, 08:13 PM
I'm now on the mother of all come downs and the realisation that we will never ever experience such a high ever again isn't helping. I don't even think beating Them in the final would top Saturday. I'm going to have to find a new hobby!

:flag::flag::flag::flag:

Joe's ice cream
26-05-2016, 08:15 PM
In answer to the OP's question- NO

Robinho08
26-05-2016, 08:18 PM
I thought the CIS cup win was sweet, but Saturday topped that in so many ways.

Was worth the wait. 👍

hibs#1
26-05-2016, 08:22 PM
A treble?
Win the champions league the following season

Billy Whizz
26-05-2016, 08:28 PM
I'm now on the mother of all come downs and the realisation that we will never ever experience such a high ever again isn't helping. I don't even think beating Them in the final would top Saturday. I'm going to have to find a new hobby!

:flag::flag::flag::flag:

Would come a close 2nd
However they bottled it against us on the road to our triumph, didn't they?

heretoday
26-05-2016, 08:38 PM
Hibs could definitely win the SPL. I think that would be better.

IberianHibernian
26-05-2016, 08:47 PM
Better achievement possible definitely maybe next year - promotion and SC again for example . In the end we weren`t so far from double cup + promotion treble so can certainly hope to do even better next year but even promotion and say winning LC wouldn`t create such a great feeling as winning SC this season has . In the 70s and later my dream was to see us win the league as it would have shown us as the best team but at that time the Scottish League was still respected internationally unlike now so winning cups will give as much satisfaction or more than league success .

BSEJVT
26-05-2016, 08:47 PM
Nothing can ever top that

ShinyFantastic
26-05-2016, 08:49 PM

Got to be the aim in the next few years....

brianmc
26-05-2016, 08:50 PM
Personally speaking the only way a game could ever beat last Saturday would be if I scored the winner! And as a slightly lardy 40 something that's one dream that's probably gone for me now :-)

Mango Man
26-05-2016, 08:53 PM
It would probably have been a cup double if we had a fully fit team out against Ross County, so it could have been even better.

I've been thinking about that quite a bit, will probably never have a better chance to win 2 cups in 1 season, for a long time.

I'm just being greedy now :)

TheReg!
26-05-2016, 08:54 PM

Me too pal, it was the single best moment of my life.

Tom Hart RIP
26-05-2016, 08:55 PM
Best ever minute in almost 50 years following Hibs. Jambo mate told me that for him nothing compared to 1998, not even 2012.

erin go bragh
26-05-2016, 08:56 PM
This high will last the rest of my life . May it be a long one :)

One Day Soon
26-05-2016, 08:57 PM

I think you're absolutely right and I think it is a gift that will keep on giving forever. It is like a child's Christmas morning every day.

There was a completely unique set of circumstances here that it is difficult to imagine being repeated. Its interesting, Hearts biggest game ever is probably beating us in the final. Until last weekend I would say our biggest was beating them 7-0. Now I would say it is this Cup win by a long distance. Beating them in a final would be great but it still wouldn't be this. I can truthfully say that this means I don't care anymore about any previous defeats or disappointments. They all pale completely by contrast.

That's the beauty of this win - its untouchable and unbeatable. We may never equal or better it in terms of the feeling, but we will always have that feeling.

Davy Mac
26-05-2016, 09:03 PM
This Scottish Cup win all the way for me.

This was the one, the one to end 47 years of taunts/troubling thoughts/near misses/uncertainces/monkey/bogey etc etc etc

Do you think Leicester fans feel the same way about winning the league? I dunno, they kinda of expected it where as we were more in hope than anything else.

What a way to win a game.

GGTTH

LithgaeHibby
26-05-2016, 09:15 PM
The comeback, the late winner, the 114 years swept away - the planets all lined up to make this the greatest game we'll probably ever see. Even a league title might not involve the same level of emotion if it's strung out over a long period. And then Leicester won it when they weren't even playing! I'm on such a high it feels like we're witnessing another golden generation - for sure it's one of the best teams we've had for years, Championship or not! :flag:

Galahibby
26-05-2016, 09:17 PM

Honestly, I don't think it would. Saturday was just unique, I can't think of a single thing that could ever top it :flag:

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
26-05-2016, 09:18 PM
This Scottish Cup win all the way for me.

This was the one, the one to end 47 years of taunts/troubling thoughts/near misses/uncertainces/monkey/bogey etc etc etc

Do you think Leicester fans feel the same way about winning the league? I dunno, they kinda of expected it where as we were more in hope than anything else.

What a way to win a game.

GGTTH

Youre joking with that surely?!

I suppose winning the league is 9 months of great results, comebacks etc. A cup win is probably a bigger one-off event.

But winning the league is always a bigger achievement IMO.

Davy Mac
26-05-2016, 09:25 PM
Youre joking with that surely?!

I suppose winning the league is 9 months of great results, comebacks etc. A cup win is probably a bigger one-off event.

But winning the league is always a bigger achievement IMO.

What I mean by that is they got used to the idea that were going to win it after being so far in front so it was less of a surprise when they did.

For us, we never thought we would win the damn holy grail but hey ho up popped Gray.

Now for the league title...........

hibby6270
26-05-2016, 09:26 PM
I keep saying to myself, if we never win another title/cup again I just won't care. Am I the only one who feels like that? Should I feel like that?

The whole euphoria of Saturday at Hampden, then Sunday at the Links will never, ever be topped. If we do lose a final again in future, I will always, always have that weekend memory to fall back on.

Stax
26-05-2016, 09:36 PM
I don't think I could equal not just the match but the whole weekend. The game I couldn't have written a better script for if I was making a Hollywood film.. Sunday though taking it in and celebrating with my dad & son dancing and acting like dafties in Leith will stay with me till the day I die. I still feel optimistic we can top it someday though, that's why we live in hope eh? GGTTH

Sir David Gray
26-05-2016, 09:46 PM
Honestly, I don't think it would. Saturday was just unique, I can't think of a single thing that could ever top it :flag:

:agree: We could win the League Cup, the Premiership title, the Europa League or the Champions League and I don't think any of them would mean as much to the fans as the victory on Saturday did.

Considering how long it had been since we last won it and how much everyone kept going on about it, Saturday's victory is about as good as it can possibly get as far as I'm concerned.

I highly doubt that it will ever be topped, no matter how successful our club becomes in the future.

Speedy
26-05-2016, 09:47 PM
For excitement and euphoria I can't beat the equaliser at Tynecastle on the way.

I thought my head was going to pop.

Saturday was surreal. I was happy, stunned and nervous all at the same time. Must've been the same for a few - our bus back from the Ross County game was livelier than coming back on Saturday. Brilliant night once the reality kicked in though.

Criswell
26-05-2016, 10:08 PM
For me it will never be surpassed. It was our "Holy Grail" so to speak, the 114 year wait finally ended, King Kong removed from our backs at last. I must admit I had had a good drink before the game which made it seem almost dreamlike, but it wasn't a dream, it was real and I still haven't come down from it yet. Hibernian - Scottish Cup Winners 2016 - Glorious!

Eyrie
26-05-2016, 10:26 PM
Every achievement has to be looked at in its proper context, and the context here is a wait of 114 years so the answer has to be "no, there won't be a bigger achievement".

SkootTheCat
26-05-2016, 10:56 PM
When it comes to Hibs and the Scottish Cup my heart has been broken so many times.
I was there on Saturday and nothing will ever replace that feeling of finally winning the Holy Grail.
I watched the replay and burst into tears when Stokes equalised and again when Gray scored the winner.
I’ll never forget the ball hitting the back of the net for the winner. I screamed and went metal.
The greatest day of my Hibernian life.

Ps: I was there when we beat Hearts 6-2, 2nd best game I’ve ever witnessed.

The Leith Dutch
26-05-2016, 11:51 PM

:aok:

Viva_Palmeiras
26-05-2016, 11:59 PM
In time we'll see that In terms of Hibstorical importance in our lifetime - this weekend is unlikely to be surpassed due to the magnitude of achievement if it was we'd have popped our clogs anyway. It's all about the new generation and what marked they put down. But last weekend will take a Lorra beating.

Billy McKirdy
27-05-2016, 12:04 AM
I keep saying to myself, if we never win another title/cup again I just won't care. Am I the only one who feels like that? Should I feel like that?

The whole euphoria of Saturday at Hampden, then Sunday at the Links will never, ever be topped. If we do lose a final again in future, I will always, always have that weekend memory to fall back on.

I've felt almost exactly the same since the final whistle on Saturday, what more is there to achieve for us? This was the trophy to beat all trophies for us and we have only gone and won it
How can we ever beat that and the feelings it's brought to all of us.
That was without doubt my single most happiest moment as a Hibby.
I will never feel better despite what other achievements still to come.

PeeJay
27-05-2016, 07:24 AM
I've been asking myself this since Sunday and I honestly don't think I will see a better achievement for Hibs than last weekend.

I think winning the league wouldn't be as good as Saturday and that only leaves a European title which will never happen!

Winning the top league in my opinion would mean more, as it would show the team to have been consistently better than everyone else over the course of a season. Maintaining our position at the top would be a better achievement than winning a one-off game in a cup final against a poor team. Winning the Scottish Cup with a great team, playing against a great team would be a better achievement than this. Winning the league, the league cup and the Scottish Cup would be a better achievement. Getting into a European final would be a better achievement than this, and if we won it ...?
Lots of reasons for the club to keep pushing ... lots of reasons and goals out there to keep fans passionate about maybe achieving them ... hopefully the cup win will spur the club on to greater things.

calumhibee1
27-05-2016, 07:29 AM
The only way this could possibly be matched is if we won the league in Man City esque fashion and came from behind to win it in the last few minutes. Other than that, and even then I'm not sure it would, this will never be matched. The circumstances were perfect and I'm so glad we done it this way rather than won 3-0 against Caley or something along those lines.

WHAM
27-05-2016, 07:54 AM
I think winning the league would be a bigger achievement.

But I don't think there will never be a more significant achievement for our club again.

The Scottish Cup hoodoo had been a weight on the shoulders of the club for far too many years and was being exploited by other clubs, the media etc. So many Hibs supporters over the years have dreamt of us winning it and never got to see the day.

The outpouring of joy and relief at full time on Saturday was something we will probably never see again.

My own grandad (born and brought up on Balfour St) has just turned 79. He had accepted that he would probably never see us win the damn thing. For him to be on Leith Walk watching the Trophy Parade was amazing.

I just hope now we have finally broken the curse we can now progress as a club, gain promotion and don't have to wait as long to win it again.

GGTTH

Waxy
27-05-2016, 08:32 AM
Last Saturday was the pinnacle of emotional highs any fan could get from a football match.

TRC
27-05-2016, 08:35 AM

Just a question as you're obviously passionate both clubs but how did it rank along with Liverpool's EC triumph against Milan?

hibeemikey21
27-05-2016, 08:49 AM
That was our "Aguero" moment. Will never be topped.

That was the only slight drawback to Saturday; I knew that I would never have as good a high watching hibs ever again.