PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes it's the smallest things

RoxburghHibs
26-05-2016, 07:16 PM
Isn't it strange how football works.

IF Oxley hadn't been booked away to ICT he would have played in the SEMI-FINAL and I doubt we would have won that tie.

They say you need luck to win the cup and I have to say for once we got some good fortune :cup:

Torto7062
26-05-2016, 07:22 PM
So it's bloody Oxley's Fault again 😂😂

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

bingo70
26-05-2016, 07:22 PM

IF Oxley hadn't been booked away to ICT he would have played in the SEMI-FINAL and I doubt we would have won that tie.

They say you need luck to win the cup and I have to say for once we got some good fortune :cup:

I know what you mean but you won't find me saying a bad word about any of that cup winning squad for a while.

Oxley has his faults but this isn't the week to be discussing them.

Hanny
26-05-2016, 07:27 PM
I know what you mean but you won't find me saying a bad word about any of that cup winning squad for a while.

Oxley has his faults but this isn't the week to be discussing them.

:agree: Played against Raith, two derbies, and two games against ICT and we didn't lose any.

The Ox deserves as much credit as any of the back line for winning the cup. They all did their bit.

BoomtownHibees
26-05-2016, 07:28 PM
***** thread

RoxburghHibs
26-05-2016, 07:33 PM
Hmmmm for some reason everyone is turning this into a negative!

Logan played a blinder in the semi-final - not meant as a dig at Oxley in any way. He contributed to the over all success of course.

So no not a **** thread a truthful happy one.

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-05-2016, 07:40 PM
Hmmmm for some reason everyone is turning this into a negative!

Logan played a blinder in the semi-final - not meant as a dig at Oxley in any way. He contributed to the over all success of course.

So no not a **** thread a truthful happy one.
How can you say that you doubt something and then in the same breath say that it is the truth?

RoxburghHibs
26-05-2016, 07:41 PM
How can you say that you doubt something and then in the same breath say that it is the truth?

I doubt very much we would have won against Utd without Logan as he played a blinder - best performance by a keeper in a long time. Oxley was also low on confidence at that point.
To be honest I expect Oxley to be back to his best next season and our number one.

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-05-2016, 07:43 PM
I doubt we would have won against Utd without Logan as he played a blinder - best performance by a keeper in a long time.

To be honest I expect Oxley to be back to his best next season and our number one.

You doubt it but you don't know it and the dig at Oxley is pointless

RoxburghHibs
26-05-2016, 07:46 PM
You doubt it but you don't know it and the dig at Oxley is pointless

The only pointless thing is you trying to turn this into an argument!

I am praising Logan - you decide to take offence in that - now that is pointless!!

Onion
26-05-2016, 08:01 PM

The drummer, the "Time for Heroes" sign, the Hibs fans roaring the team on with 10 to play.. everything came together on this one day and we were there to see it. Luck, ref and karma were with us for a change but there's no question this Hibs team was made of different stuff !

Watched the match a few times now and only today noticed David Gray's amazing commitment and determination in the last 20 mins of the match, when we were 2-1 down. It was truly heroic, perhaps the greatest captain's performance I've ever seen. Until now, he was a hero for scoring the winner, but I've not been giving him enough credit. Legend and hero forever.

RoxburghHibs
26-05-2016, 08:03 PM
The drummer, the "Time for Heroes" sign, the Hibs fans roaring the team on with 10 to play.. everything came together on this one day and we were there to see it. Luck, ref and karma were with us for a change but there's no question this Hibs team was made of different stuff !

Watched the match a few times now and only today noticed David Gray's amazing commitment and determination in the last 20 mins of the match, when we were 2-1 down. It was truly heroic, perhaps the greatest captain's performance I've ever seen. Until now, he was a hero for scoring the winner, but I've not been giving him enough credit. Legend and hero forever.

I agree 100%!! Many many small factors all came together.

This was kinda my point - wish I had said what you posted now :greengrin:thumbsup:

Jonnyboy
26-05-2016, 08:07 PM

This. 100%

Joe's ice cream
26-05-2016, 08:17 PM
Reading the title of this thread for a horrible moment I thought my wife was a secret Hibs.net poster!!

500miles
26-05-2016, 08:33 PM
Logan's comeback is an interesting side story, and wouldn't have happened had Ox been available. The OP has a point, because Logan is excellent in one on one situations, which was key in the United game.

Danderhall Hibs
26-05-2016, 08:40 PM
The only pointless thing is you trying to turn this into an argument!

I am praising Logan - you decide to take offence in that - now that is pointless!!

:agree: it's fate mate - this was our year and Oxley getting booked for not being able to see was part of the plan.

Caversham Green
26-05-2016, 08:53 PM
Logan's comeback is an interesting side story, and wouldn't have happened had Ox been available. The OP has a point, because Logan is excellent in one on one situations, which was key in the United game.

It has to be one of the strangest cup stories ever. On 16 March (when Oxley got his booking) few of us had even heard of Conrad Logan. Imagine if someone had told him then that he'd be picking up a Scottish Cup winner's medal in two month's time.

And remember the reaction on here when we saw the pictures of him?

leggeto
26-05-2016, 09:00 PM

Or we could thank the ref for booking him,legend
Oh aye **** sake oxley

monktonharp
26-05-2016, 09:02 PM

I've never liked some of the negative comments about big OX, and feel sorry for him in a way , did not play in the final but played his part in getting us to the final. was absolutely delighted to see that Conrad's Da was actually a bit of a legend in my "chosen" Irish team, Finn Harps. just found that out when watching bbc iplayer full programme last night. he was being interviewed by none other than his hero, Packy Bonner.

#FromTheCapital
26-05-2016, 09:03 PM
If we hadn't been relegated then we certainly wouldn't have had Stokes or Henderson in our squad.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
26-05-2016, 09:04 PM

I think it was also him that harried, tackled and forced Nicky Clark into knocking it out of play - they had posession at that point already in injury time. He thedn took a quick throw, setting up the move that led to the corner. He should get a goal and an assist!

stantonhibby
26-05-2016, 09:06 PM
That wee bit turf that moved when Rogic missed his penalty.

WhileTheChief..
26-05-2016, 09:13 PM
If we hadn't been relegated then we certainly wouldn't have had Stokes or Henderson in our squad.

So really we should all be saying a huge thank you to Terry Butcher. He started us on our road to glory :wink:

#FromTheCapital
26-05-2016, 09:23 PM
So really we should all be saying a huge thank you to Terry Butcher. He started us on our road to glory :wink:

Haha I'll draw the line there.

NadeAteMyLunch!
26-05-2016, 11:15 PM
I think it was also him that harried, tackled and forced Nicky Clark into knocking it out of play - they had posession at that point already in injury time. He thedn took a quick throw, setting up the move that led to the corner. He should get a goal and an assist!

It most certainly was. He played three massive parts in that one goal. Incredible really.

Sammy7nil
26-05-2016, 11:20 PM
I doubt very much we would have won against Utd without Logan as he played a blinder - best performance by a keeper in a long time. Oxley was also low on confidence at that point.

I really truly hope we have not seen anywhere near his bes as what we have seen has been bang average.