PDA

View Full Version : New signings to get us out of the championship

Comiston Hibee
26-05-2016, 05:48 PM
I'd love to think we could maintain a good style next season but I would sacrifice a wee bit to ensure we win the championship.
We cannot lose points to the cloggers in the
League like we did
Last season. We must look to achieve 100% record against the likes of Dumbarton and Morton. Games against the
Likes of DUFC and Falkirk
Should take care of themselves.

I'd love if Farid was fit but think we need a big brute up front - John Sutton or his ilk
A reliable goalie and a thug of a centre half would also help.
Names please for those to join/ leave

rcarter1
26-05-2016, 06:00 PM
Farid would be great if he could get himself back to fitness.

A tall striker would be good for the squad, someone to be a foil for Cummings/Keatings.

I'd like to see options that will make our possession count, and either pace, height or strength should help (or all three if we could find it).

Even with Stokes and Henderson both away, we have a great squad - when fit.

I believe that the remainder of the squad will have a real hunger about them next season, and the determination to hit the ground running could really help us out.

They have the never say die attitude, and more than any new signing, this could get us over the line.

Hi Heid Yin
26-05-2016, 06:16 PM
Sorry, but as much as I like the big fella, Farid should be past tense. He has had 2 years to establish himself and show us he can go a length of time without pulling up with yet another injury.
With finances in mind, we can carry no one next season. It's a shame but we really have to let this guy go. Thank you Farid. I enjoyed your odd appearance and goal, but I'm sure you understand.
I wish you well.

Ozyhibby
26-05-2016, 06:21 PM
There is zero chance Farid will be here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MWHIBBIES
26-05-2016, 06:28 PM
Farid, Dagnall, 2 of the keepers and Thomson will leave.

Our first signing has already been made, Danny Carmichael will be fit to start the season will he not? Really excited to see him get going, can't have been easy for him.

FromTheCapital
26-05-2016, 07:33 PM
Farid, Dagnall, 2 of the keepers and Thomson will leave.

Our first signing has already been made, Danny Carmichael will be fit to start the season will he not? Really excited to see him get going, can't have been easy for him.

Thomson won't leave imo. He'll remain as a youth coach.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-05-2016, 07:35 PM
Paul McGinn and Ryan Dow please

FromTheCapital
26-05-2016, 07:35 PM
Leave:

Harris
Stanton
El Alagui
Dagnall
Goalie's (dunno who)

Sign:

El Bakhtaoui
Clark
McGovern
Henderson (loan)

scoopyboy
26-05-2016, 07:42 PM

Doubtful is my info

Scouse Hibee
26-05-2016, 07:43 PM
Apparently Harris is staying.

bingo70
26-05-2016, 07:43 PM
Doubtful is my info

Funny he wasn't anywhere to be seen at the cup final or the parade?

Keyser Sauzee
26-05-2016, 07:46 PM

He was sitting with the other players with suits on at the final and he was on the Bus at the parade.

spudhib
26-05-2016, 07:49 PM
Kallum Higinbotham if Hendo doesn't return,been released from killie.

bingo70
26-05-2016, 07:52 PM
He was sitting with the other players with suits on at the final and he was on the Bus at the parade.

Ah right, stand corrected then. I just never saw him.

Speedy
26-05-2016, 07:52 PM

:agree:

Threw his scarf to a fan at the parade...nice touch! :thumbsup:

essexhibee
26-05-2016, 07:57 PM
Thommo played a crucial role in us defeating hearts. Can leave with his head held high IMO after this season.

In terms of players I think we need in one word....PACE!!

SneakersO'Toole
26-05-2016, 08:00 PM
Given that we don't score enough goals. Two proven strikers as a minimum please. New GK and at least one winger who has genuine pace. If Hanlon leaves then we need an accomplished centre half also.

snedzuk
26-05-2016, 08:01 PM
Kenny Miller? I know hes disliked by some on here but we want a goalscorer and he could well be out of favour.

northstandhibby
26-05-2016, 08:07 PM
What about raiding Failkirk for the big Centre half who handled the ball. He looked a big in your face player?

Would definitely be pleased if we got Ryan Dow in and Paul McGinn.

Been happy daft all week you know the kind of smile that just appears and won't subside.

Hibernian Scottish Cup Winners 2016 :greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-05-2016, 08:14 PM
Like the idea of a big forward who can take a hit and give it back and can make the ball stick.

hibs#1
26-05-2016, 08:20 PM
Like the idea of a big forward who can take a hit and give it back and can make the ball stick.

I agree I think a striker that can hold the ball up and bring the other players into better attacking positions is a must
Help us get more goals from the midfield

mca
26-05-2016, 08:27 PM
Kenny Miller? I know hes disliked by some on here but we want a goalscorer and he could well be out of favour.

I Liked KM.. But Now The DIrty Little sod can GTF... :agree:

E10 Rifle
26-05-2016, 08:31 PM
It starts from the back in my view - a decent keeper is required and then most of the other main pieces are in place with a few tweaks here or there. I'd like to see Gunnarson signed as he helps make a strong squad and generally always (when I have seen him) makes a positive impact off the bench/in his starts.

HUTCHYHIBBY
26-05-2016, 08:33 PM
Sutton from Falkirk would be ideal.

E10 Rifle
26-05-2016, 08:33 PM

I would have someone like KM signed though. Mixu made a big difference to us in the Championship winning side of 98 and we missed someone like that this year. Someone with the nous and knowledge to lead the team from the front.

rcarter1
26-05-2016, 08:43 PM

Had the class to congratulation the team, amidst all the nonsense. All is forgiven for me, would love to have him back.

scoopyboy
26-05-2016, 08:49 PM
Sutton from Falkirk would be ideal.

Is there a Sutton at Falkirk?

HUTCHYHIBBY
26-05-2016, 09:04 PM
Sorry, meant Baird, my brains been pickled by cider these last few days!

stantonhibby
26-05-2016, 09:08 PM

He's not bad but would hope we could do better than that

IberianHibernian
26-05-2016, 09:14 PM
Apparently Harris is staying.Hope so or is at least given a chance in July / August . We seem to need wide players and he must be about the only player in our squad who can use both feet . Still young and scored more in same league than our regular midfielders .

J-C
26-05-2016, 09:30 PM
Someone like Josh McGennis up front, big, strong and can score goals.

A left winger to balance out the squad, we have 2 players who can play on the right and Carmichael is able to play right/left or middle.

Paul McGinn has been mentioned, so either him of Gunnarsson would do and I'm hoping Callum Crane can step up to be a back up for Stevenson.

rodhibs55
26-05-2016, 09:39 PM
Kane Hemmings anyone?

scoopyboy
26-05-2016, 09:40 PM

Big fan of the apple juice as well.

rodhibs55
26-05-2016, 09:41 PM
Also think Gunnerson would be a good signing.

MWHIBBIES
26-05-2016, 09:42 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkYeah, maybe.

MWHIBBIES
26-05-2016, 09:45 PM
What about raiding Failkirk for the big Centre half who handled the ball. He looked a big in your face player?

Would definitely be pleased if we got Ryan Dow in and Paul McGinn.

Been happy daft all week you know the kind of smile that just appears and won't subside.

Hibernian Scottish Cup Winners 2016 :greengrin
We have 4 better center halves than McCracken, he is *****.

Ozyhibby
26-05-2016, 10:14 PM

Cifti?

itslegaltender
26-05-2016, 10:21 PM
Need to sign a keeper, Logan?

Gunnarson needs signed up and we need to look at a left back to give competition to Stevenson. Would also try and get McGinn from Dundee, it may keep John with us for another season. (see below).

Celtic will be looking to offload midfielders again, I think we may struggle to get Henderson back, however if McGregor or Allan become available would take them. I think we may struggle to hold onto McGinn.

Up front, we should be battering the door down at Leeds Utd and get that former Motherwell striker, Erwin. Would be a great foil for Cummings.

Sweet Left Peg
26-05-2016, 11:39 PM

Bouncing about on the pitch at full time...

The Leith Dutch
26-05-2016, 11:41 PM
It starts from the back in my view - a decent keeper is required and then most of the other main pieces are in place with a few tweaks here or there. I'd like to see Gunnarson signed as he helps make a strong squad and generally always (when I have seen him) makes a positive impact off the bench/in his starts.

Would certainly be happy to sign Gunnarson - aside from looking like a good player his flexibility across the back would be very userful from a budget point of view.

That said I don't feel starting from the back is what we need.
Our defence last season was solid enough for the most part.....what killed us was not enough goals.
We averaged 1.6 goals a game and we need to be adding about a goal a game to that.

Yes, we shipped daft goals but they hurt because we didn't score enough.

For me it's about getting midfield players and strikers who can be a bit more direct.
Not long ball back to front nonsense but some quick and positive forward passing from the midfielders and some decisiveness from the strikers.
Too much poor man's Arsenal tippy-tappy stuff around the opposition penalty area.

Also need to make sure we get players on the park.
I'll bet that Stubbs plan involved McGeogh and Farid being two of the first names down on the team sheet rather than being out injured all the time.

DH1875
27-05-2016, 07:31 AM
Would take Peter Grant from Falkirk.

Did/do Falkirk have any decent players who are out of contract? Would like to weaken them as best we can.

Waxy
27-05-2016, 08:18 AM
We have a great squad. The money freed up from players leaving will be put towards a real good striker.Hope we can get Henderson for another year.

confused
27-05-2016, 08:44 AM
Definitely need a goalie, a centre half, no much point in scoring 2 goals if your going to let 3 in ? It's a bit like putting an umbrella up ,and having holes in your wellies !

Ozyhibby
27-05-2016, 09:37 AM
Definitely need a goalie, a centre half, no much point in scoring 2 goals if your going to let 3 in ? It's a bit like putting an umbrella up ,and having holes in your wellies !

Our defence conceded the exact same amount of goals as Rangers and Falkirk. We just scored less. A lot less than Rangers. A new goalie would have improved that even more.

Brightside
27-05-2016, 09:48 AM

He was at the sponsor doo and couldn't look more pissed off if he tried.

J-C
27-05-2016, 09:59 AM
Our defence conceded the exact same amount of goals as Rangers and Falkirk. We just scored less. A lot less than Rangers. A new goalie would have improved that even more.

We need a left winger/midfielder, an attacking mid, someone who can open up defences and a strong hold the ball up type forward.

ekhibee
27-05-2016, 10:38 AM
I'd try and sign Gunnarson, he seems quite a versatile player at the back and he also scores goals.
I'd let El Alagui and Dagnall go.
We definitely need at least 1 more central defender, particularly if Hanlon goes.
If he was still available on a loan deal I'd definitely take Henderson back.
Callum Higgenbotham from Killie maybe? I suppose that would depend on whether McGinn stays.
Will Vaulks from Falkirk, good player IMO, don't know what he'd cost though.

drumatic44
27-05-2016, 10:51 AM
How about Henri Anier, free to leave the Arabs ??

calumhibee1
27-05-2016, 10:52 AM
I would let go of:

Stanton
Harris
Dagnall
Farid
Thomson
One of the three goalies
And I'd be 50/50 about handling.

I'd love to bring in on the back of that:
Hendo again on loan (permanent is asking too much I'd think)
Ciftci, Hemmings or Magennis
Leahy from Falkirk
Andrew Shinnie
Someone in the mould of Billy King
And if there was to be a hope in hell of getting him - Scott Allan.

Waxy
27-05-2016, 10:59 AM
I would let go of:

Stanton
Harris
Dagnall
Farid
Thomson
One of the three goalies

Leahy from Falkirk
Andrew Shinnie

If we'd kept Scott Allen we wouldnt have won the cup. Funny how things go.

jacomo
27-05-2016, 11:02 AM

I would sign him in a heart beat.

He caused us all sorts of problems on Saturday, consistent performer and great pro, apparently had the class to go and congratulate our team after the match.

J-C
27-05-2016, 11:05 AM
I would let go of:

Stanton
Harris
Dagnall
Farid
Thomson
One of the three goalies

Leahy from Falkirk
Andrew Shinnie

These 3 are at the end of their contracts so will be gone anyway, Thomson may be back purely as a coach if he's happy to hang up his boots.

The rest I agree with except Leahy as I'd expect Crane to make the step up from the U20's to cover Stevenson.

WeeRussell
27-05-2016, 11:26 AM
Where's the notion coming from that we'd have any hope of signing Ciftci? Has there been a rumour.. loan I presume?

Oh, first post since the weekend by the way. It's been a fairly 'busy' week.

That's me sobered up and ready to spout pish again :greengrin

HIBEES.

Ozyhibby
27-05-2016, 11:32 AM
Where's the notion coming from that we'd have any hope of signing Ciftci? Has there been a rumour.. loan I presume?

Oh, first post since the weekend by the way. It's been a fairly 'busy' week.

That's me sobered up and ready to spout pish again :greengrin

HIBEES.

Because he hasn't proved himself at a level higher than Dundee Utd and Celtic want rid?

WeeRussell
27-05-2016, 11:35 AM
Because he hasn't proved himself at a level higher than Dundee Utd and Celtic want rid?

He's a cracking player and I would be very happy to have him at Hibs.

I will still be somewhat surprised if we are able to afford what it will take to get him to Easter Road permanently. If you know better then I'll happily hold my hands up and be glad of his arrival.

Tom Hart RIP
27-05-2016, 11:42 AM
Jordon Forster in the News today. He's hoping to play for Plymouth at Wembley in Monday. He says that Hibs had made it plain that a contract is on the table. I'd be happy to see him back

J-C
27-05-2016, 11:50 AM
Jordon Forster in the News today. He's hoping to play for Plymouth at Wembley in Monday. He says that Hibs had made it plain that a contract is on the table. I'd be happy to see him back

Seemingly playing quite well down there, big, strong laddie who can play a bit and is dangerous at set pieces.

HappyHanlon
27-05-2016, 12:36 PM

I'd rather cave my head in with a large rock.

Guy hates us and the notion that he'd love to finish his career with us is vomit inducing.

BH Hibs
27-05-2016, 12:58 PM
Will the young boy we signed from Raith be expected to break through this season?

since90plustwo
27-05-2016, 01:24 PM
Nicky Clark just been released from rangers. Would take him, very good technically and knows where the goals are.

Pete
27-05-2016, 01:26 PM
I'd rather cave my head in with a large rock.

Guy hates us...

Does he?

MWHIBBIES
27-05-2016, 01:27 PM
Nicky Clark just been released from rangers. Would take him, very good technically and knows where the goals are.His goalscoring record apart from 1 great season with QoTS is utter *****. Keatings is far better IMO.

SJM
27-05-2016, 01:27 PM

All depends on Stubbs' position.

SJM
27-05-2016, 01:28 PM
His goalscoring record apart from 1 great season with QoTS is utter *****. Keatings is far better IMO.

You're speculating Keattings is much better to be honest.

biotech
27-05-2016, 01:32 PM
Would be happy to see Anier back. Freed by United and did quite well during his loan. A better, more mobile, option than Clark. He would be a good foil for Keatings/Cummings.

SJM
27-05-2016, 01:34 PM
Scott McDonald fits the bill.

Keyser Sauzee
27-05-2016, 01:42 PM
Nicky Clark just been released from rangers. Would take him, very good technically and knows where the goals are.

No thanks. He's terrible and not better than what we have got or could get, I'd rather we kept Dagnall than signed Clark.

Franck Stanton
27-05-2016, 02:40 PM
No thanks. He's terrible and not better than what we have got or could get, I'd rather we kept Dagnall than signed Clark.

Correct, and if he shares the same views as his dad - Sandy Clark - then we are better off without his sort anywhere near Easter Road.

I remember Sandy Clark playing for Airdrie, we tried to sign him he stated he would never, ever play for any team that wore the Catholic green. Total muppet.

RIP Bestie
27-05-2016, 02:45 PM
Gordon Greer released by Brighton.
Might be an option?

Keith_M
27-05-2016, 02:49 PM
Anybody else get the feeling that Cummings might be leaving?

Waxy
27-05-2016, 05:21 PM
Anybody else get the feeling that Cummings might be leaving?

No. Apparently.

keep the faith
27-05-2016, 05:23 PM
Scott McDonald fits the bill.

I have a feeling we will go for him.