PDA

View Full Version : The minutes between Grays goal and the final whistle

26-05-2016, 02:28 PM
Just watched the highlights again (for about the 100000 time :greengrin) and in the minutes just after Grays goal up until the final whistle, they pan to the crowd and one lassie is shaking with tears in her eyes. Absolutely sums up how I was as well. After the bedlam of the goal had calmed down and play restarted I was crying, shaking, praying you name it. I just looked to the heavens and thought please please god hibs just hold on. To have lost a goal after that would have been absolutely beyond cruel.

I knew how close we were and I just prayed for the final whistle which seemed to take forever in those few minutes. The relief when it finally came was just unreal.

surreyhibbie
26-05-2016, 02:30 PM
I was looking at the clock and screaming at it to move on from 90 minutes...

stupid, I realise now, but when the whistle went ................:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

Stevie Reid
26-05-2016, 02:31 PM
Haven't yet watched the full 90 again (I will though!) but can only recall one attempted ball in behind us that was over hit as any moment of real tension. Thought they would have managed to fashion at least one more opportunity of some description. As soon as that free kick at halfway ended up going to us, I knew we had done it.

SJM
26-05-2016, 02:31 PM
Burst oot greetin' in absolute disbelief we had scored. Then went into complete terror mode they would score! Still amazed we got that free kick right before the end.

Don't think you can ever beat the feeling when that ball hit the net! I was still stunned we had actually equalised, felt quite bad praying to god an relatives for a cheeky winner before Hendo crossed it! And it went in! Ffs, it went in, the ref have it too. Still utterly bamboozled.

rotherhamrob
26-05-2016, 02:35 PM
At 90 mins I was praying we'd get to extra time :-D

lucky
26-05-2016, 02:36 PM
Haven't yet watched the full 90 again (I will though!) but can only recall one attempted ball in behind us that was over hit as any moment of real tension. Thought they would have managed to fashion at least one more opportunity of some description. As soon as that free kick at halfway ended up going to us, I knew we had done it.

I cheered that ball going out like Hibs had scored in a normal game, Saturday was a surreal experience one I doubt I will ever get again even if we win the cup again.

SunshineOnLeith
26-05-2016, 02:36 PM
I don't really remember but I'm pretty sure I was just quietly going "pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepl ease" until we got that freekick around halfway.

ShinyFantastic
26-05-2016, 02:38 PM
Couldn't get away from the very front of the stand between the goal and the final whistle! Just knew we'd all end up on the pitch!!!

MyJo
26-05-2016, 02:39 PM
After I stopped jumping about like a dafty I turned to my wife and said "holy ****** we are going to win" then I remembered I was a hibby and started feeling as sick as a dog that there were two minutes still to play :greengrin

26-05-2016, 02:42 PM
After I stopped jumping about like a dafty I turned to my wife and said "holy ****** we are going to win" then I remembered I was a hibby and started feeling as sick as a dog that there were two minutes still to play :greengrin

I was the same. I've been a hibs fan long enough to know not to take anything for granted as on too many occasions in the past we've been dealt very painful blows. I think if they'd had scored after that it would have been the worst ever blow.

S4uzee
26-05-2016, 02:44 PM
It's a bit of a blur tbh and that wasn't through drink!
I'd give anything to relive that again.

Pete
26-05-2016, 02:45 PM
I definitely thought we'd mess up by conceding an equaliser. Should have had more faith.

Stevie Reid
26-05-2016, 02:45 PM
I cheered that ball going out like Hibs had scored in a normal game, Saturday was a surreal experience one I doubt I will ever get again even if we win the cup again.

Just watched those final two minutes again - I was actually way more nervous this time than on Saturday! Heart was pounding again.

crewetollhibee
26-05-2016, 02:47 PM

Watch again and see Logan fist pumping that ball on its way over the line. Brilliant from the big man.

aljo7-0
26-05-2016, 02:50 PM
I was watching at home. Once I had stopped pogoing on the spot when we score and realised we had a couple of minutes to go - I resorted to my Dr Who mode as a child and actually hid behind my seat peaking round the side occasionally

David_D
26-05-2016, 02:51 PM
I just remember feeling we would somehow concede. Then my other half text to say well done hibs and I thought that's it she's jinxed us. Longest two minutes ever at a game. Plus trying not to cry like a baby.

Jumbo
26-05-2016, 02:55 PM
My feeling was don't let them have an attack, they're bound to score !

Northernhibee
26-05-2016, 02:56 PM
Joining in with Carnival Dr Paris, realising what's happening, stopping and shaking in shock before joining in again.

For some reason was laughing hysterically when the third goal went in.

leggeto
26-05-2016, 02:57 PM
The highest I've ever felt,what a rush,won't be matched ever again

26-05-2016, 02:59 PM
I definitely thought we'd mess up by conceding an equaliser. Should have had more faith.

In fairness, after all we've been through as hibs fans in the past, thats perfectly understandable.

Salt N Sauzee
26-05-2016, 03:00 PM
Joining in with Carnival Dr Paris, realising what's happening, stopping and shaking in shock before joining in again.

For some reason was laughing hysterically when the third goal went in.

hysterically crying/laughing for me, couldn't stop for like 20 minutes!!

SteveHFC
26-05-2016, 03:02 PM
Standing still and nervous waiting for full time.

Diclonius
26-05-2016, 03:03 PM
The corner before the goal I knew it was going to go in. After that I was convinced we'd won the cup and there was nothing Rangers could do.

The last ten minutes of that game were bar none my best footballing experience.

Mr White
26-05-2016, 03:04 PM
I said several times to my boy, my mate and a couple of randoms in the rows in front and behind us "this is happening! this is happening!"

I think i was actually trying to convince myself rather than make sure they understood what was going on :greengrin

stantonsboots
26-05-2016, 03:05 PM
shaking like a leaf saying to ma mates next to me we're going to do this :flag:

Mr White
26-05-2016, 03:06 PM
The corner before the goal I knew it was going to go in. After that I was convinced we'd won the cup and there was nothing Rangers could do.

There's a great youtube clip from in line with liam as he takes the corner where someone shouts "this is the winning goal" as he hits it. It wasn't you was it? :greengrin

Pretty Boy
26-05-2016, 03:08 PM
I went mental when the goal went in and then stood with my back to the pitch with my head in my hands.

It was only when the ref gave that free kick to Hibs that I turned back round because the guy behind me screamed at me 'you don't want to miss this'.

mjhibby
26-05-2016, 03:09 PM
The highest I've ever felt,what a rush,won't be matched ever again

Better to watch if we do it again as legal highs are now banned. 😁. The adrenaline rush was just unreal. Still get it watching the goal. Uh,oh better watch I don't get done for the legal high.

shaking like a leaf saying to ma mates next to me we're going to do this :flag:

Much braver than me then, I was far too scared to say we're going to do this lol!

steakbake
There's a great youtube clip from in line with liam as he takes the corner where someone shouts "this is the winning goal" as he hits it. It wasn't you was it? :greengrin

I knew it was going to go in - I just had this surreal feeling and it wasn't just "I hope" - I knew that it was going to go in, it was just a matter of who scored. I remember thinking that this place is going to erupt in a moment.

Absolutely amazing day with my brother and some good friends. I'll never forget it.

LaMotta
26-05-2016, 03:16 PM
Just watched the highlights again (for about the 100000 time :greengrin) and in the minutes just after Grays goal up until the final whistle, they pan to the crowd and one lassie is shaking with tears in her eyes. Absolutely sums up how I was as well. After the bedlam of the goal had calmed down and play restarted I was crying, shaking, praying you name it. I just looked to the heavens and thought please please god hibs just hold on. To have lost a goal after that would have been absolutely beyond cruel.

I knew how close we were and I just prayed for the final whistle which seemed to take forever in those few minutes. The relief when it finally came was just unreal.

You’ve basically just summed up exactly how I felt.

The boy behind me, whose analysis of the game throughout had been spot on, told me time was up which made me feel like for the first time it was actually going to happen – but then I absolutely sh@t my self when the ref gave a freekick on the halfway line and even the Hibs players thought he had given to Rangers.

My entire Hibs supporting life flashed infront of me as I pictured the inevitable horror about to unfold as Rangers lump a ball into the box and score a fluky equaliser – when I realised the ref was pointing the other way to give the freekick to hibs!! What a moment that was!

Ozyhibby
26-05-2016, 03:28 PM
I just happened to be looking at Liam Henderson when he was just about to blow the whistle. It was like getting advance notice we had won the cup. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

erin go bragh
26-05-2016, 03:34 PM

After going totally mental for a minute after the winning goal . The time In between the ref blowing the whistle was sureal . The feeling of relief and joy was unbelievable . Never in my life have I felt like that before .

GreenLake
26-05-2016, 04:03 PM
I went mental when the goal went in and then stood with my back to the pitch with my head in my hands.

It was only when the ref gave that free kick to Hibs that I turned back round because the guy behind me screamed at me 'you don't want to miss this'.

I had lunch on Monday at the Ivy in Covent Garden and the barman was a Poznan fan. I got drunk again and we had a bit of a green team love in. Have Hibs fans ever done the Poznan?

Nevi_SOL
26-05-2016, 04:04 PM
I just happened to be looking at Liam Henderson when he was just about to blow the whistle. It was like getting advance notice we had won the cup. [emoji3]

I was the same he sprinted about 10 yards before anyone else had noticed

One Day Soon
26-05-2016, 04:49 PM
After we equalised I said a prayer. I've never done that at a game before.

When we scored the third my body went numb and I felt like I was floating above myself. I knew we were going to do it but I couldn't believe we were going to do it - both at the same time. I was crying on and off from when we got the second until some time after the final whistle. I remember all the time thinking that we were the generation that were getting to see Hibernian win the cup.

From the equaliser onwards was the biggest, most sustained high of my life. You could feel that 22,000 of us were experiencing the same extreme emotions. The family behind ours were holding each other up. The daughter's face was like a waterfall every time I turned around, she literally couldn't speak.

My wife kept asking me "are you ok?" because I had tears running down my face and I couldn't speak. I was holding my nine year old boy and he just kept grinning at me close up with his big smile and huge happy blue eyes. I remember thinking that he isn't going to grow up following a team that loses, he's going to follow winners and feeling really good about that. Now I'm crying all over again.

On the way back to the coach somewhere I stopped in the middle of the road and lifted my son up to look back towards Hampden. It was a green and white river of Hibees as far as the eye could see. I said to my boy that this it what it means to be Hibernian.

It wasn't until we got back to the coach that I realised that we had all of us been standing for the whole game.

Now I look at David Gray's goal and think it is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen in my life.

davym7062
26-05-2016, 04:54 PM

When we scored the third my body went numb and I felt like I was floating above myself. I knew we were going to do it but I couldn't believe we were going to do it - both at the same time. I was crying on and off from when we got the second until some time after the final whistle. I remember all the time thinking that we were the generation that were getting to see Hibernian win the cup.

From the equaliser onwards was the biggest, most sustained high of my life. You could feel that 22,000 of us were experiencing the same extreme emotions. The family behind ours were holding each other up. The daughter's face was like a waterfall every time I turned around, she literally couldn't speak.

My wife kept asking me "are you ok?" because I had tears running down my face and I couldn't speak. I was holding my nine year old boy and he just kept grinning at me close up with his big smile and huge happy blue eyes. I remember thinking that he isn't going to grow up following a team that loses, he's going to follow winners and feeling really good about that. Now I'm crying all over again.

On the way back to the coach somewhere I stopped in the middle of the road and lifted my son up to look back towards Hampden. It was a green and white river of Hibees as far as the eye could see. I said to my boy that this it what it means to be Hibernian.

It wasn't until we got back to the coach that I realised that we had all of us been standing for the whole game.

Now I look at David Gray's goal and think it is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen in my life.

Wot a brilliant post!!!!!!

Curly1875
26-05-2016, 05:01 PM

Ffs man we need warnings with these kind of posts! I'm away again

Hannah_hfc
26-05-2016, 05:01 PM
https://youtu.be/PwoHUG0z2fI

I posted this in another thread but this is my video of the last few seconds before the final whistle (around 45 seconds in). Was a complete mess myself crying and shaking. I think as Hibs fans it was the back of our minds that something could go wrong and thank god it didn't!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Just Jimmy
26-05-2016, 05:07 PM

Hoi you. Stop cutting onions.

What a post sir.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

26-05-2016, 05:10 PM

This. It was a feeling i've never felt before in my life, the sheer joy was just unreal.

Kojock
26-05-2016, 05:13 PM
When the final whistle went I was filling up. I looked at my brother and he brought a 1970's Hibs tie out his pocket which we found when clearing out our dads wardrobe after he passed away two years ago. After that I was bubbling like a bairn. Now greeting again typing this. GGTTH

calumhibee1
26-05-2016, 05:16 PM

This was me aswell. We equalised and I knew we were winning it. The guy behind me was begging for the FT whistle when it hit 90 mins, I said "no chance, we're winning this." Was written in the stars.

Glory Lurker
26-05-2016, 05:24 PM
Spent the time screaming on the team to keep the heid and at the ref to blow. Tell you what, our possession play was awful! Knew we'd got free kick at end - ref clearly signalled it was ours. That was when I knew we'd won it. Wow. Just wow.

Ozyhibby
26-05-2016, 05:37 PM
Spent the time screaming on the team to keep the heid and at the ref to blow. Tell you what, our possession play was awful! Knew we'd got free kick at end - ref clearly signalled it was ours. That was when I knew we'd won it. Wow. Just wow.

Our game plan was to allow them possession. We were light in midfield until Henderson came on as we had 3 at the back.

KdyHby
26-05-2016, 05:39 PM
Ffs man we need warnings with these kind of posts! I'm away again

Me too, when does the greetin end!?

Dashing Bob S
26-05-2016, 05:44 PM
Very strange but at the game itself I wasn't very nervous, as I was basking in this strange Hibs existential glow.

But watching it back on the TV I was very anxious, as if I didn't believe it to be true.

When we went ahead I thought it was bang on the 90th minute rather than 92nd so when the ref blew the whistle to end the game my reaction was 'I knew that Hun ******* would sabotage us...' Then I realised it was over and the cup was ours.

Looking back at the game they had two great goals out of little and Millers effort off the bar. Other than that, nothing. It seemed a much more comfortable win that I remembered the game being live.

LancashireHibby
26-05-2016, 05:58 PM
Stoppage time might as well have been about 15 seconds as far as I'm concerned, they passed by in a flash. Once the third went in it was job done as far as I was concerned and I was filling up from the second it hit the back of the net. The whistle went and I went to pieces looking all around me at everyone in the same state. I thought of my mum who passed away in October 2013 but always assured me that we'd win it one day.

Onion
26-05-2016, 06:04 PM
Always imagined waiting for the final whistle would be unbearable but it didn't turn out that way. Somehow just knew if we scored in the last 4 mins we'd win it. As soon as the ball hit the net, you just knew we had it. That's what made Sir David's goal all the more special. Unbelievable moment and scenes.

Baader
26-05-2016, 06:06 PM
Said to my Dad when we equalised "this is the time" knowing and feeling we'd go on to win it. Had a horrible thought after Gray's goal of the Huns equalising right with the last kick of the ball but then saw the freekick was for us.

We'd have beaten them in extra time anyway as they were tired, not really in it and we were well up for it.

sauzee6_2
26-05-2016, 06:07 PM

Great post - I cried more at the final whistle than when my kids were born! Great to tell my kids that I was there!!

The Godfather
26-05-2016, 06:22 PM

Flipping hell, this has made me well up! Cracking post

WoreTheGreen
26-05-2016, 06:27 PM
Anymore posts like that should have some sort of watershed type thing.I am dehyrated with the water i've shed. Brillant post

The Godfather
26-05-2016, 06:34 PM
When the final whistle went I was filling up. I looked at my brother and he brought a 1970's Hibs tie out his pocket which we found when clearing out our dads wardrobe after he passed away two years ago. After that I was bubbling like a bairn. Now greeting again typing this. GGTTH

Mate, that's it you have pushed me over the edge and I'm literally drying my eyes. Chuffed you and others have shared these moments. For me I have spent time thinking about all the Hibees no longer with us who would have loved to have been there. For what it's worth, I like to think they saw it and were singing along with us at the end. GGTTH

stormchild
26-05-2016, 06:45 PM
Ok might be a bit long winded but here goes.
after the defeat at Falkirk I was working Saturday and had a delivery for Nazareth house in Bonnyrigg. So on delivering, the nun (sister Gabriel) asked if I was ok. I replied I could have done with the big man upstairs last night, she asked why. I relayed the story of the game to which she replied I'll say a prayer for Hibs are they playing today. I replied no but we have a big game next Saturday. She then said she would pray for us and asked who we were playing. I replied rangers and she rolled her eyes.

Now I'm not in the slightest bit religious but you know what I really do believe that someone somewhere was looking down on us.

Real Emerald
26-05-2016, 06:49 PM
I was was just jumping up and down hugging my son, both shouting we've won the Scottish Cup over and over. By the time we stopped it was almost time up. I'll never forget those seconds for the rest of my life but once I'm long gone it will stay in his heart forever. Just the most wonderful moment ever that will never be equalled again, even if we won the Champions League, truly magical😭 🏆🏆🏆

NAE NOOKIE
26-05-2016, 06:58 PM
I didn't want extra time .... as Liam Henderson went over to take the corner I was screaming DO IT NOW !!! DO IT NOW !!! DO IT NOW !!! ...... and then they did .... I have never went so mental at a goal ever in 40 years and some great matches. For the following 2 minutes I covered my ears, shut my eyes, though by that time I couldn't see through the tears anyway, and just shouted .. hold out !!! hold out !!! hold out !!! over and over again :greengrin

I've watched the equaliser and winner on You Tube about 100 times since Saturday and am struck by 2 things:

1 ) After the equaliser they show a crowd shot taken in the time between the corner and as Stokes header hits the net .... there's a wee lassie with a black Hibs top on and as she realises its a goal her reaction is just brilliant :greengrin

2 ) Watch the crowd behind the goal as the winner goes in ............ I doubt any goal ever scored at Hampden has seen the crowd roar louder or jump higher ... absolutely amazing !!!! http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/not%20worthy.gif

Joe's ice cream
26-05-2016, 07:05 PM
I inexplicably ran from my seat up into the concourse- it was empty of other people- I remember shouting some random stuff at the people working at the food stand ( obviously they worked out it wasn't an order- although randomly I do remember being surprised they were still serving!!)
I then ran into the toilet- totally empty as well and doing some weird looking deep into the mirror shouting oh "my god" over and over again.
Then back out to the concourse- watched 30seconds of coverage on tv screaming 'winners' over and over again - conscious of someone else watching, if you sorry for the volume.
Back to my seat - just in time for the final whistle- jump on my 15 son and mates and start crying- tears poring down my face for about 3 days !!

Leithwalk
26-05-2016, 07:07 PM
I may just be imagining it but it seemed tha there was a roar from our end when the board with four minutes went up. It was as if we knew there was only one winner and that, for once, a chunk of added time was all for us. Doesn't mean I wasn't delirious when Gray scored and fair relieved when the free kick went for us.

greenwell glory
26-05-2016, 07:07 PM

That's how I felt my friend

I was convinced we were going to win since beating Utd, but there I was sitting in the aisle with my head in my hands at 2-1, utter despair. A boy picked me up "we are not out of this yet son". When Stokes gets us equal I have never felt such an outpouring of joy and relief, from that second on I think we all knew, deep down we knew....but

Then Liam Henderson swings in that corner, I'm seconds away from witnessing the most colourful and wonderful scene I will EVER EVER see. I can't move, the roar is deafening but all I hear is me talking to myself, "we have won the cup". I still cant move, its chaos, sheer and utter celebration like you cant imagine and then I feel the tears, get a grip man your 45 but I cant help it. I look at my wee girl and boy, I will never forget that joy, no money in the world can buy. My old man and his mate have had to sit down, fist clenched he looks at me, we can hardly see through the tears, a look of joy I have never seen in my life. The next 2 minutes flew past, super JohnMg picks the ball up, then I burst.

To feel true joy, you need to feel true pain first, that's why we get it! HIBERNIAN FC SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016......forever in my soul!!!! We did it. For all those posting on the roll of honour thread, they were there!!

Northernhibee
26-05-2016, 07:45 PM
My dad was taken into hospital just over three weeks ago with a major health scare - in fact it took a couple of days to be confirmed that it wasn't life threatening. It gave him a huge shock and he was released something like 3-4 days before the final. He took me to my first Hibs game and was the person I always wanted to celebrate the cup final win with. He wasn't well enough to go but insisted that I still went myself.

When the FT whistle went and we'd all sung SoL and GGTTH I knew that I wanted to celebrate it with him up in Dundee. Got out of the stadium, straight to the train station to Central where there happened to be a train waiting which I leapt onto immediately, got a tin of beer and listened to the Sevco fans in the chair behind us moan and whine about how they were robbed (and quite enjoyed it).

Off the train, dashed up the road, got two fish suppers in case he felt up to eating something, walked in through the front door. All he did was say "They did it son" - we hugged and not for the first or last time these last few days I got something in my eye. He'd got my mum to pop to the shop to get a bottle of champagne for the fridge as he had a funny feeling that I'd be popping by :thumbsup:

Reading some of the stories here I'm so, so grateful that although he was 100 miles away I still got to celebrate the cup win with my old man, especially after having such a scare a week or two prior. It's been a hell of a tonic for him.

Glory Lurker
26-05-2016, 07:48 PM
Our game plan was to allow them possession. We were light in midfield until Henderson came on as we had 3 at the back.

No, no - I mean after the third goal. Give me some credit - I know next to nothing about football, but I had worked out what we were doing before that! :-)

essexhibee
26-05-2016, 07:59 PM
My dad was taken into hospital just over three weeks ago with a major health scare - in fact it took a couple of days to be confirmed that it wasn't life threatening. It gave him a huge shock and he was released something like 3-4 days before the final. He took me to my first Hibs game and was the person I always wanted to celebrate the cup final win with. He wasn't well enough to go but insisted that I still went myself.

When the FT whistle went and we'd all sung SoL and GGTTH I knew that I wanted to celebrate it with him up in Dundee. Got out of the stadium, straight to the train station to Central where there happened to be a train waiting which I leapt onto immediately, got a tin of beer and listened to the Sevco fans in the chair behind us moan and whine about how they were robbed (and quite enjoyed it).

Off the train, dashed up the road, got two fish suppers in case he felt up to eating something, walked in through the front door. All he did was say "They did it son" - we hugged and not for the first or last time these last few days I got something in my eye. He'd got my mum to pop to the shop to get a bottle of champagne for the fridge as he had a funny feeling that I'd be popping by :thumbsup:

Reading some of the stories here I'm so, so grateful that although he was 100 miles away I still got to celebrate the cup win with my old man, especially after having such a scare a week or two prior. It's been a hell of a tonic for him.

A lovey story mate. Hope your dads ok!

Captain Trips
26-05-2016, 08:19 PM
On my knees turned away from pitch shouting please please please.

mrdependable
26-05-2016, 08:24 PM
When Gray scored i remember hugging the girl sitting next to me and repeatedly saying '2 mins, just 2 minutes' over and over. Then the final 2 minutes were spent in a kind of trance fighting back the tears that were to come at the final whistle.

I had a feeling that the final few minutes were our chance for glory and was waving the team forward. It was destiny. I keep crying whenever i read a thread like this

snedzuk
26-05-2016, 08:32 PM
2-1 down we get that corner and my wife turns to me and says "this is it were going to score here" -she NEVER does this (not even on a Friday night) - she ALWAYS says "how come we never score from a corner?"

Then we equalise.

Fast forward 10 minutes and cue a replay -I am praying to hang on for extra time (League Cup Final again!) and she says "this is it - were going to score again and win this" I'm thinking "what is it they put in the Bovril over here" then 50 shades bangs in that header. Now I'm screaming "backs to the wall for three minutes" then sitting head in hands sobbing uncontrollably thinking - all of these games in the last two seasons (and longer but especially the last two) - that peeing rain at Cowdenbeath / 0-0 at Morton a few weeks ago /the long drive back from a defeat at QOS / opening day defeat at Dumbarton - all of that is racing through my mind that all these games - and countless older disappointments - its all been leading up to the next 30 seconds.

And they pass and that final whistle blows and Hibernian are Scottish Cup Winners in the most dramatic of circumstances against the one single solitary team that means the most to me to beat. Then its more sobbing, mixed in with YAAASS and fist pumping and god knows what.

Then the high doesnt go away - not yet anyway - Sunday passes in a blur. The internet and videos / pics are all fabulous and creep up on you unexpectedly to turn on the waterworks again -and I'm 57.

I met a chap in a pub in Duke Street on Sunday - I wear a "Schaedler 3" strip and he had a "Stanton 4" top on and he says to me - we only need another 9 for a game - and he catches my eye and off we both go choking up unable to say 'bye' to one another - so if youre looking in my friend your first game was in 1968 and I checked mine - 16th Feb 1970- 4-1 at home to Dundee!

I dont have any Hibee relatives past or present (bar the aforesaid wife) so my dedication for the cup goes to one Erich Schaedler - my favourite ever Hibby.

Topographic Hibby
26-05-2016, 08:36 PM
Just watched the highlights again (for about the 100000 time :greengrin) and in the minutes just after Grays goal up until the final whistle, they pan to the crowd and one lassie is shaking with tears in her eyes.....
Watch the BBC coverage again BEFORE the goal. As Hendo lines up the corner, the camera cuts to the crowd.

There is is young lass with a green/white face paint and silver hair. She is visibly shaking with emotion, almost in anticipation of the goal. She is turning to grab her pal......who can't even look, as she has he back to the pitch!!

Would have loved to have seen their celebrations after the goal.

Powerful stuff.

Cheshire Hibby
26-05-2016, 08:51 PM

This sums it up, simply brilliant post. Those last 90 seconds I was just saying over and over, we're going to do it, we're going to do it, please let us do it. Greeting like a bairn when we did.

I was a 13 year old at Hampden in 1972 when the Tornadoes lost the final to Celtic and was there again when they won the League Cup in 72, our first domestic cup win in 70 years but significant and brilliant as that day was, Saturday's Scottish Cup win after 114 years surpasses it.

I'll never forget the joy of our support and the players and staff of Hibernian FC celebrating as the cup was held aloft adorned in the green and white ribbons of our club or the text from my son "OH MY GOD- What a way to do it"

Thank you, Thank you

Feed McGraw
26-05-2016, 09:11 PM
I think I went into a slight trance in those two minutes - I think I was telling myself this is real so I must try and stay calm and then thinking " is this real" ? Then realising again that it was real, then I got my head sorted again and was raging when I thought they had a free kick but it turned out to be our free kick ! Not long after that it was over and like thousands of others did with their nearest and dearest, I embraced my family and my friends as we cried and hugged and danced around row AA of the north stand at hampden. Thank you Hibs, thank you so,so much.

Galahibby
26-05-2016, 09:21 PM

I was like that in the minutes between the first goal and the final whistle. I was wearing a Fitbit and at one point my 'resting' heart rate was 128!

greenlex
26-05-2016, 09:28 PM
Before Graysheader hit the net. Before Henderson swept the corner in I was saying out loud over and over. Please Hibs just this once just this once. Then BOOM. Shaking like a leaf bawling my eyes out. My daughter and boyfriend are bawling there's out too. She is saying We've done it we've done it. I'm saying there's still time to **** it up. Two minutes takes an eternity to pass and then the final whistle. Shaking for ages. Trying to take a video on the phone it's just mess as I cant stop shaking. It's been cloud 99 since.
Every now and then it's ranging between goosebumps and grinning like an idiot.
I Love you Hibernian.

mghibs
26-05-2016, 10:00 PM
Its moments like these that make all the hardships and disappointments worth it. I am pretty sure that the sense of raw emotion you could feel in the stands leading up to the full time whistle would not be there with your Chelseas or Man Utds in cup finals. Its something that is unleashed after so many disappointments and defeats and it is just a phenomenal feeling. I've not been around nearly as long as some folk on here but I was shaking and had tears in my eyes after Grays header!

Eyrie
26-05-2016, 10:20 PM
I was either in a zen-like state of calm or in complete shock but I wasn't nervous after Gray scored. Didn't stop me watching the clock as much as the action but I didn't think we were in any danger.

MyJo
26-05-2016, 10:38 PM
I may just be imagining it but it seemed tha there was a roar from our end when the board with four minutes went up. It was as if we knew there was only one winner and that, for once, a chunk of added time was all for us. Doesn't mean I wasn't delirious when Gray scored and fair relieved when the free kick went for us.

You didn't imagine it, watch the highlights and when the 4th official puts his board up the stadium announcer says "4 additional minutes" and there is a swell of noise from our end pushing the team on

Penicuik Hibee
26-05-2016, 10:40 PM
Despite having endured so many hampden disappointments (way too many to list but Ayr in a semi, Livi/Ross County in a final and even my first ever final when Harper scored 3 and we lost 6-3 to tic are some of the ones which spring to mind), I was lucky enough to be at the Dunfermline and Killie Cup final wins so I have had some good times at Hampden.

But sat was in a different league. Not going to lie and say a tiny bit of the day was spoilt by the fans who went on the park which ended up with the lap of honour not happening. But the emotions and highs during the game and when we sang SOL were special and like I have never experienced before.

Being there with my daughter and sharing that day with her will be something that I never forget. I can't stop smiling. The high I have been on shows no sign of going away. I have had tears in my eyes more times than ever in my life. All this only a week after I couldn't sleep after our last 10 min collapse against Falkirk.

But the question was about the last few mins between the goal and FT. Well the high of the goal was the biggest high. Then the fear we could blow it meant I could hardly breathe. There was only 2 moments my heart was in my mouth. Firstly the ball over the top which ran out for a bye. Never have I been so please to see a ball go out of play. Then panic when I thought the ref had given a free kick to them and a chance to play it into the box. Then the relief when I realised the free kick was for us (I have no idea why it was our free kick but who cares). I knew then it was nearly over. I didn't hear the whistle but when I seen Liam Henderson running away in celebration, the emotion hit me.

Despite the excitement, my first thought was that my dad wasn't here to see this. 86 years and every season he thought this could be the one.

Just helps me appreciate how lucky I was to be there last week. I wish the players could have done their lap of honour which they deserved. But thanks to the team for never giving up and giving me the best day every. And thanks to the fans for the best support and celebration. SOL was just something else.

Gutted we face another season in the championship. But although I always said I would take the league over the SC. I don't think I would swap last week and the feeling since then for anything

GGTTH

jakedance
26-05-2016, 11:01 PM
I kept saying "we're going to do this". I think I believed it. The girl next to me was crying. There was a guy praying. It was a very odd atmosphere between the goal, the realisation we could win it then the terror that we might not.

I feel very fortunate to have won it in such a way. It's only recently started to sink in just how good a game it was. The perfect victory. #perservere

hfc-1875
26-05-2016, 11:13 PM
Standing waiting on the whistle (could hardly hear it) and seeing Mcginn put up the ball and punt it. What a feeling

Archie70
26-05-2016, 11:22 PM
So we're in injury time and Gray shuts the boy down who loses control and knocks it out for a throw in. I'm thinking "keep possession, kill time, get to extra time, remember the league cup", but they're charging forward, and its thrown to Fyvie, his passing has let him down this season, I'm screaming give it to Stokes but he delays, no - wait Strokes has hung back, he has the ball at this feet, he cut inside, beats a man, shoots, the keeper palms it out for a corner. That's it chance gone, with a bit of luck it could have fell to Keatings. We've got a corner, my dad says "we never score from corners", I reply "we did from the last one". Henderson swings it in, bang, goal, I am looking at the ref, the linesman, it must be disallowed, it can't be, it is, we've scored. We're winning with about two minutes of injury time to go. They'll get another one chance, a long ball out for a bye kick, a pass from Stokes to Keatings, a foul to us in the middle of the park. That's it the ref has blown. Carnage!

Ryan69
26-05-2016, 11:34 PM

i think we all were!

weve been disappointed in the past being Hibs fans and being from Scotland. 😂

Im still ontop of the world here...

Greencore
27-05-2016, 12:17 AM
https://youtu.be/4DZwadqva_s

Just scared haha!

Sean1875
27-05-2016, 02:43 AM
straight after the chaos of the goal celebrations i just burst into tears. then when the final whistle went i just went to the ground and shed a few more! what a day :flag:

scm70nyd1973
27-05-2016, 05:40 AM
1 ) After the equaliser they show a crowd shot taken in the time between the corner and as Stokes header hits the net .... there's a wee lassie with a black Hibs top on and as she realises its a goal her reaction is just brilliant :greengrin

That's the bit that did it for me and every time I watch it I fill up.

Reason being is that it reminds me so much of the LC final in 2007 when my daughter was about the same age and that day I knew she will always be a Hibby - the footballing bond created that day in '07 was magnificent and will never be broken !

Just a pity we were not there on Saturday - went in 2012 and 2013 but moved here to NZ just after the Celtic final but this event has changed my life for the better as I now know that I will no have to go to the great ER in the sky without what I always wanted to experience !!

GGTTH and our new Super Hero - I give you Sir David Gray

StevieCowan
27-05-2016, 06:20 AM
I'm sure Rangers were up our end in about the 89th minute, perhaps a corner, and I thought right just go for a pee now and don't have the fear of watching them score.

Came out the toilet and saw Stokes hit the **** which went for THAT corner. There was me and two other lads who I didn't know, both run up to the top of section I-3, I stood and watched the corner at the top of the stair and then "boom"... Jumping about like a mad man, ended up on the floor with a total stranger, got up, took my top off Ravenelli style, and bounced down the steps.

Found my mum, dad, daughter and some of my closest mates. All in absolute bits for the last 90 seconds. I think we just stood and hugged, waiting, in tears for the ref to blow the whistle.

Full time goes and everyone one of us are in tears.

Photos I'll now cherish for the rest of my life seeing my dad fulfil his lifetime dream of seeing the Scottish Cup in the Bag.

Absolute scenes of joy.

Just incredible. Thank You, Thank You.

Torto7062
27-05-2016, 06:32 AM
It's my video...here it is 25 seconds of pure happiness

https://youtu.be/GKCkYUAXOnw

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

calumhibee1
27-05-2016, 07:11 AM

I noticed that aswell. I've been to four Scottish cup finals in my life and every one of them we'd been out of the game by half way through the second half. After we equalised and got ourselves back in the game I was convinced their was only going to be one winner. 🏆

calumhibee1
27-05-2016, 07:15 AM
I kept saying "we're going to do this". I think I believed it. The girl next to me was crying. There was a guy praying. It was a very odd atmosphere between the goal, the realisation we could win it then the terror that we might not.

I feel very fortunate to have won it in such a way. It's only recently started to sink in just how good a game it was. The perfect victory. #perservere

Yup. The manner of the victory and the significance of the victory means that Saturday will never be matched. Dare I say it, even winning the league wouldn't carry that level of emotion as it would have been a season long process. This was just that one moment.