PDA

View Full Version : Stubbs Rotherham bound?

Pages : [1] 2 3

HappyHanlon
26-05-2016, 09:02 AM
Bookies favourite on Sky Bet.

Was placed at 33/1 and now 8/11.

HibbySpurs
26-05-2016, 09:07 AM
Rotherham? FFS if that's the level of his ambition he wants to have a word with himself!

McSwanky
26-05-2016, 09:10 AM
He's now been backed into 1/6....

greenginger
26-05-2016, 09:14 AM
http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/rotherham-united/rotherham-united-gary-bowyer-talks-as-former-newcastle-united-boss-steve-mcclaren-approaches-millers-1-7926837

Judging by chairman's comments a couple of days ago Stubbs would be a non-starter.

They want someone experienced in the English Championship.

SJM
26-05-2016, 09:15 AM
Rotherham? FFS if that's the level of his ambition he wants to have a word with himself!

Not really. They are in a much better league than us, more money to spend, closer to home and another step up the ladder. Neil Lennon only got Bolton after all.

Super_JMcGinn
26-05-2016, 09:16 AM
Bookies favourite on Sky Bet.

Was placed at 33/1 and now 8/11.

He has already targeted Hanlon as his first signing. :cb

Waxy
26-05-2016, 09:18 AM
Rotherham? Cannyseeit.

les83
26-05-2016, 09:31 AM
Rothertham?! That's surely a huge step down from Hibs, even if the English like to kid themselves about how great their lower leagues are?!

CropleyWasGod
26-05-2016, 09:38 AM
Rothertham?! That's surely a huge step down from Hibs, even if the English like to kid themselves about how great their lower leagues are?!

The Championship is one of the best-attended leagues in the world.

I'd say that it would be a step-UP for AS. If he went there, a good few seasons would be a stepping-stone to an even bigger job.

Ronniekirk
26-05-2016, 09:42 AM
There is no doubt he will be linked with jobs But he is his own man and i think he genuinely wants to stay and get us prompted However he is ambitious and any club that seriously comes in for him he will weigh up f it's right move at right time and if that club has the potential to e a stepping stone to his next move
Thats the way of the world But i wont be loosing sleep over links or bookies odds until we hear he has been in talks with a club I Hibs wont stand in his way if its the right move for him given what he has now done for us and the way he has conducted himself He has earned respect from everyone now
But lets enjoy our success before we start worrying he is away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greenginger
26-05-2016, 09:46 AM

I'd say that it would be a step-UP for AS. If he went there, a good few seasons would be a stepping-stone to an even bigger job.

Rotherham home gates around 9 -11 thousand.

http://www.11v11.com/teams/rotherham-united/tab/stats/option/attendances/

Not bad but not great either. Won't be anything like us on Saturday . :thumbsup:

rotherhamrob
26-05-2016, 09:56 AM
The rumours down here would suggest either Gary bower or Stuart gray.
The chairman has said he wants someone with championship experience.

SeanWilson
26-05-2016, 10:03 AM
1/6 with the nearest 5/1 sould suggest the bookies have heard something?

edit: i'm an arse, nearest 5/1

brog
26-05-2016, 10:12 AM

Correct, there will have been a rumour about AS, someone sticks a few quid on & that's all it takes to change these markets. I'd be very surprised indeed if this was true.

erin go bragh
26-05-2016, 10:13 AM

The bookies had Clarke 1-4 to be our next manager , then we got landed with Calderwood .

McSwanky
26-05-2016, 10:13 AM

Either that or there's just been a lot of money pumped onto him at longer odds. Bookies won't want to take that hit, so they make the odds prohibitive.

That said, the percentage of money that's gone on Stubbs would suggest that someone somewhere has heard something (or there's been a whisper that lots of people have acted on)...

Geo_1875
26-05-2016, 10:15 AM
Correct, there will have been a rumour about AS, someone sticks a few quid on & that's all it takes to change these markets. I'd be very surprised indeed if this was true.

It's true that bookies take very little money on these markets. They encourage small bets by manipulating the odds but run for cover when someone tries to lump on as they assume they have inside knowledge.

NadeAteMyLunch!
26-05-2016, 10:20 AM

If they want a manager that can keep them in the championship, then Stubbs is your man.

That's a joke btw [emoji23][emoji1360]

hibeemikey21
26-05-2016, 10:23 AM
It's true that bookies take very little money on these markets. They encourage small bets by manipulating the odds but run for cover when someone tries to lump on as they assume they have inside knowledge.

There was a poster on the Rotherham forum last night who said Stubbs would be confirmed. Could be something as minor as that which could start a wee betting frenzy. Hence odds tumbling.

Caversham Green
26-05-2016, 10:31 AM
=NadeAteMyLunch!;4707008]If they want a manager that can keep them in the championship, then Stubbs is your man.

That's a joke btw [emoji23][emoji1360][/QUOTE]

Not that funny tbh - they're showing a bit of ambition but they still look more like relegation candidates than promotion hopefuls. I don't think Stubbs is a good fit for them, nor would they be a good move for him.

Keyser Sauzee
26-05-2016, 10:36 AM
It's true that the bookies have been wrong in the past and it may well have been a rumour that has made them act and change the price however majority of times when the difference in price is as it is now they get it right. I'm slightly worried with this one.

Forza Fred
26-05-2016, 10:50 AM
Two weeks ago, a lot on here wanted him sacked immediately..now he's a hero!

I always thought that in his career plan he would aim to move on from Hibs after 2 years...his ambitions go beyond Hibs and he knows he needs to get on the English radar.

Wouldn't surprise me if he takes the Rotherham job..if offered.

Treadstone
26-05-2016, 10:51 AM

So true. The overrounds on these markets are horrendous ie bookies have no clue. Current betting for next Villa manager has Stubbs at 66/1 and Brendan Rodgers(!) at 33s.

MWHIBBIES
26-05-2016, 11:06 AM

They arent kidding anyone, the championship is a brilliant league.

Forza Fred
26-05-2016, 11:07 AM
I just did a google on The Yorkshire Post. Alan Stubbs expecting an update on the current position from the local paper.

What I got was 'news' from last October saying Stubb's was second favourite for the job that was vacant THEN...so it appears he has been considered (and applied?) for the job before.

He may well be off.

pacoluna
26-05-2016, 11:41 AM
Would be difficult to replicate what warnock done there the second half of last season, he done an unbelievable job. They are certs for relegation this year regardless of who their manager is this season in my opinion.

Ryan69
26-05-2016, 11:45 AM

Is the Scottish league not the best attended league in the world? So doesn't really count for much.

Jim44
26-05-2016, 11:50 AM
Two weeks ago, a lot on here wanted him sacked immediately..now he's a hero!

I always thought that in his career plan he would aim to move on from Hibs after 2 years...his ambitions go beyond Hibs and he knows he needs to get on the English radar.

Wouldn't surprise me if he takes the Rotherham job..if offered.

No great hero for me. Two weeks ago I wouldn't have blinked if he had gone, as he had failed twice to get us promoted and for me promotion was always top priority. I'm chuffed about the weekend but, if he goes, I'll thank him for his efforts, especially our cup run, and wish him well for the future. If he stays, I'll give him 100% backing. Roll on next season, whoever is in charge.

SeanWilson
26-05-2016, 11:53 AM
No great hero for me. Two weeks ago I wouldn't have blinked if he had gone, as he had failed twice to get us promoted and for me promotion was always top priority. I'm chuffed about the weekend but, if he goes, I'll thank him for his efforts, especially our cup run, and wish him well for the future. If he stays, I'll give him 100% backing. Roll on next season, whoever is in charge.

The main thing that frustrated me with AS all season was his last minute treble changes and no formation change. In the biggest game in our clubs history he categorically changed the game with a formation change and subbs (all be it probably forced). That buys him another shot at the league for me.

corby hibee
26-05-2016, 11:54 AM
I think stubbs is a man of his word and will be around next season, things are on the up and if we can get deals done asap for hanlon and cummings i can see alan signing a new deal.

HibbyDave
26-05-2016, 11:59 AM
Magic Hat for Rotherham.
That's all Folks!!!

biotech
26-05-2016, 12:04 PM
If AS goes,it would regrettable but not a disaster. Our league form has been inconsistent at best. Personally, I'd thank him for the good days and wish him well.

Lancs Harp
26-05-2016, 12:11 PM
It wouldn't be a great move for Stubbsy IMO. Rotherham are about as high as they are going to get. Is keeping Rotherham in the Championship ambitious enough for Alan? I wouldnt think so. His CV would look better with a Scottish cup win (tick) and a promotion on it than managing to finish 19th or something with Rotherham United, with the greatest of respect to Rotherham.

Personally would surprised to see him go there.

He will leave some time of course and when he does we look for another manager that can move our club onwards and upwards.

Finn2015
26-05-2016, 12:13 PM
Thought he said he would be here next season or has my medication worn off and I'm hearing things?

SlatefordHibby
26-05-2016, 12:13 PM
Rotherham or Edinburgh?

Tough one.

bingo70
26-05-2016, 12:18 PM
Thought he said he would be here next season or has my medication worn off and I'm hearing things?

He said he was planning on being here next season.

He also said thing can change very quickly in football.

There was a school of thought pre cup final that he may just call it a day after it, I think he's addressed these rumours. It would be naive to think he wouldn't consider what he believes are good offers. I've no idea if Rotherham is a good offer or not.

Big L
26-05-2016, 12:30 PM
If he goes, he goes! We thank him for the cup win and wish him all the best. Then we move on, and I for one would go for Yogi with Ian Murray as assist.
People with our club at heart, they would get us up.

Jim44
26-05-2016, 12:31 PM
Rotherham or Edinburgh?

Tough one.

Rotherham, not a nice place to bring up children, especially daughters.

Jim44
26-05-2016, 12:36 PM
Rotherham or Edinburgh?

Tough one.

Sevco have just given him a big payrise.

Smartie
26-05-2016, 12:42 PM
If they want a manager that can keep them in the championship, then Stubbs is your man.

That's a joke btw [emoji23][emoji1360]

I wonder if staying in the Championship and winning the FA cup would be enough for the Rotherham fans?

Forza Fred
26-05-2016, 12:50 PM
Rotherham, not a nice place to bring up children, especially daughters.

A one and a bit hour's drive from Liverpool where his family still are I believe..so it's doable on a daily basis.

superfurryhibby
26-05-2016, 01:11 PM
If he goes, he goes! We thank him for the cup win and wish him all the best. Then we move on, and I for one would go for Yogi with Ian Murray as assist.
People with our club at heart, they would get us up.

Yogi is very good mates with John Collins, more likely to see that partnership, except we won't because Stubbs will probably still be here next season and both Yogi and Collins don't exactly like Rod Petrie.

Wilson
26-05-2016, 01:21 PM
Magic Hat for Rotherham.
That's all Folks!!!

Magic hat? He'll need a bloody wand!

eastmainsmsh
26-05-2016, 01:47 PM
Yogi is very good mates with John Collins, more likely to see that partnership, except we won't because Stubbs will probably still be here next season and both Yogi and Collins don't exactly like Rod Petrie.

There could be something in this

MWHIBBIES
26-05-2016, 01:49 PM
Yogi is very good mates with John Collins, more likely to see that partnership, except we won't because Stubbs will probably still be here next season and both Yogi and Collins don't exactly like Rod Petrie.Good, I hope Rod stays here until they both retire then.

eastmainsmsh
26-05-2016, 02:07 PM
Owen coyle left Houston Dynamo let him go to Rotherham and Stubbs stay

ekhibee
26-05-2016, 02:42 PM
Good, I hope Rod stays here until they both retire then.
Yep, me too, don't want Hughes back.

ekhibee
26-05-2016, 02:44 PM
So who would be the favourite for the manager's job if Stubbs' jumps ship? I imagine there hasn't been a market formed for that yet?

ekhibee
26-05-2016, 03:05 PM

He's 1/6 with skybet, next in the betting is Gus Poyet at 16/1. From that it would appear he's off, but bookies have been wrong before.

TheHarpy76
26-05-2016, 03:21 PM

Do you honestly believe that the English Championship is beneath the Scottish Championship?

I mean, really?

DeLaGaff
26-05-2016, 03:27 PM
He's 1/6 with skybet, next in the betting is Gus Poyet at 16/1. From that it would appear he's off, but bookies have been wrong before.

Not often bookies are wrong, but Poyet has just taken the Real Betis job - not going to leave mid-table La Liga for Rotherham; makes me doubt the Stubbs odds

staunchhibby
26-05-2016, 03:32 PM
If stubbsy goes then would like to see Mowbray back silky footie with the players still there

Iggy Pope
26-05-2016, 03:32 PM
He said he was planning on being here next season.

He also said thing can change very quickly in football.

There was a school of thought pre cup final that he may just call it a day after it, I think he's addressed these rumours. It would be naive to think he wouldn't consider what he believes are good offers. I've no idea if Rotherham is a good offer or not.

Isn't he contracted to be here next season?

ekhibee
26-05-2016, 03:33 PM
Not often bookies are wrong, but Poyet has just taken the Real Betis job - not going to leave mid-table La Liga for Rotherham; makes me doubt the Stubbs odds
Yeh, knew Poyet had got the Betis job, but Rotherham forum seem to have Stubbs down as a done deal. Not sure what to make of it all.

Hibby70
26-05-2016, 03:33 PM
What about John Doolan stepping up?

Iggy Pope
26-05-2016, 03:34 PM
If stubbsy goes then would like to see Mowbray back silky footie with the players still there

Can't be certain, but were Coventry particularly silky this season?

greenginger
26-05-2016, 03:35 PM

What about Steve Mclaren 5/1, Mowbray 6/1.

Besides the chairman has said he wants somebody with experience in the ( English ) Championship for their next manager.

HibeeLR
26-05-2016, 03:35 PM
Doesn't Rotherham hire a manager at the beginning of the season only to end up replacing them near the end to save them from relegation?, hope Stubbs waits for a better job, he deserves it

ekhibee
26-05-2016, 03:41 PM
What about Steve Mclaren 5/1, Mowbray 6/1.

Besides the chairman has said he wants somebody with experience in the ( English ) Championship for their next manager.
Apologies, I was reading down the way but their betting is laid out differently. Gary Bowyer's quite high in the betting too. Stubbs still clear favourite though.

high bee
26-05-2016, 03:42 PM
Someone here seems to think it's a done deal, he is asked who his source is and he says the usual one.

http://boards.footymad.net/rotherhamunited-mad/2109341993/#dMUpGEQAmQ5R0jHU.97

Craig_in_Prague
26-05-2016, 03:44 PM
Well if he does go, he gave us the ultimate and perfect departing present.
A day that'll never be forgotten.
I'd prefer him to stay but it may be more a family than football decision, doesn't sound an exciting move!

Billy Whizz
26-05-2016, 03:45 PM

No thanks

Pete
26-05-2016, 03:46 PM
Doesn't Rotherham hire a manager at the beginning of the season only to end up replacing them near the end to save them from relegation?, hope Stubbs waits for a better job, he deserves it

Because in reality, Rotherham are a league one club who are always going to find it difficult keeping their head above water (barring some kind of Bournemouth type miracle).

He'd be better cutting his teeth further at a big club like Sheffield United, Charlton or Bradford who are looking up the way.

Andy74
26-05-2016, 03:48 PM
Someone here seems to think it's a done deal, he is asked who his source is and he says the usual one.

http://boards.footymad.net/rotherhamunited-mad/2109341993/#dMUpGEQAmQ5R0jHU.97

Is that Rotherham fans describing the Scottish Cup as Mickey Mouse?!

makaveli1875
26-05-2016, 03:49 PM
i cant see him being here next season , but rotherham :confused: seriously .

high bee
26-05-2016, 03:54 PM

Aye, they must still be buzzing after winning the Johnston's paint trophy in 1996. Typical arrogant view that English football is a higher standard than it actually is.

Michael
26-05-2016, 03:56 PM

Well, to be fair to Rotherham they must still be buzzing from that their 95/96 Johnstone's Paint Trophy victory. :rolleyes:

Michael
26-05-2016, 03:57 PM
Aye, they must still be buzzing after winning the Johnston's paint trophy in 1996. Typical arrogant view that English football is a higher standard than it actually is.

Oh my god, we wrote almost the exact same thing! Maybe I subconsciously stole your post. :greengrin

Smartie
26-05-2016, 04:00 PM

Mickey Mouse is woken up every morning by a special edition Chuckle Brothers Rotherham United alarm clock.

(To me….to you…….etc)

Pete
26-05-2016, 04:10 PM

Coming from a club who's Scottish equivalent is probably Dumbarton.

McIntosh
26-05-2016, 04:11 PM
I would be surprised if Stubbs left us for Rotherham. If he did, I would expect us to appoint Stuart McCall (expect a massive bar bill!!!). I really don't think Stubbs will go - I expect when he does leave that he will go to a much bigger management job. I see him managing a big city club like Birmingham or Villa and then ultimately Everton.

makaveli1875
26-05-2016, 04:12 PM
Coming from a club who's Scottish equivalent is probably Dumbarton.

nah , dumbarton have won the top league and the big cup , more like cowdenbeath or alloa

MacGruber
26-05-2016, 04:16 PM
Just cos it's 1/6 on doesn't mean it's going to happen. For instance, The Rangers were 1/6 on to win the Scottish Cup for the first time in their history at 4:30 p.m. last Saturday! x

adhibs
26-05-2016, 04:28 PM
Few of them seem quite certain its hapening. Would be gutted which is strange, considering before the final i wanted him gone regardless of the outcome.

Islington Hibs
26-05-2016, 04:29 PM
If is going to leave, and I really hope Alan stays, Rotherham is a pretty odd choice. He could do better. While they probably could pay him more there is a real risk of graveyard- as it will be difficult for him to get them promoted. The fact his family have remained in the north as not a good omen though in the long term. That might be a pull although I know where I would prefer to live out of the two.

high bee
26-05-2016, 04:39 PM
Oh my god, we wrote almost the exact same thing! Maybe I subconsciously stole your post. :greengrin

Haha great minds think alike.

monktonharp
26-05-2016, 05:09 PM
If he needs to go for family reasons, that will be quite sad for us Hibbies. If he goes to Rotheram, a lot on here will be surprised if it is for another reason as it cant be just money,or for glory! and it wont seem to us that it's for ambition because he'd struggle like most experienced managers have done there to take them to a higher level. We will see soon though, and if it happens I would be delighted if Doolan stepped up to manage us. I think they were brought up in the same street though, and that would be a hard bond to break.

Lancs Harp
26-05-2016, 05:44 PM
Pretty sure Doolan will follow AS wherever he ends up.

Managers staying at a club and actually building something over a period of time are now, sadly in many ways, seem t be by and large a thing of the past. I think I saw a figure in England that the average time a manager spends at a club is less than 1.3 years.

bingo70
26-05-2016, 05:51 PM

Managers staying at a club and actually building something over a period of time are now, sadly in many ways, seem t be by and large a thing of the past. I think I saw a figure in England that the average time a manager spends at a club is less than 1.3 years.

I think if you had asked Stubbs at the point of him taking over the Hibs job how long he saw himself staying for it would have been a 2 year plan. I think he probably saw himself getting promoted during that time but Scottish cup next best thing.

I realise he signed a new 2 year deal last season however I still think that would have been so we could get a bit compensation and probably a bit more money for him.

In the aftermath of the cup win and all the celebrations he would no doubt be tempted to stay a bit longer but in the cold light of day if he gets a good offer he'll know it makes sense to at least consider it.

greenginger
26-05-2016, 06:00 PM
Stubbs now closed to 4/1 second favorite for the Bolton job.

snooky
26-05-2016, 06:18 PM
So true. The overrounds on these markets are horrendous ie bookies have no clue. Current betting for next Villa manager has Stubbs at 66/1 and Brendan Rodgers(!) at 33s.

... and Leicester at 5000/1. :greengrin

monktonharp
26-05-2016, 06:26 PM

I remember Mowbray saying that the normal shelf life of a football manager was 3 years. don't know if he was eventually teamed up with Mark Venus though

high bee
26-05-2016, 06:34 PM
Ex Hibs manager now. Tony Mowbray with Mark Venus being talked about on Rotherhams forum. Nice little payday for the bookies if it isn't Stubbs.

Gmack7
26-05-2016, 06:36 PM
nah , dumbarton have won the top league and the big cup , more like cowdenbeath or alloa

Or the rangers

Waxy
26-05-2016, 06:38 PM
Cant see Stubbsy going. If he was he'd have done it by now or we'd know he was going. To let us get the new guy in ASAP for our challenge ahead.It's what he would do.

Itsnoteasy
26-05-2016, 06:54 PM
Rotherham home gates around 9 -11 thousand.

http://www.11v11.com/teams/rotherham-united/tab/stats/option/attendances/

Not bad but not great either. Won't be anything like us on Saturday . :thumbsup:

Rotherham population is only 110,000.
I would say that is a good attendance

We are lucky to get that & the capital has 495,000

Bostonhibby
26-05-2016, 06:56 PM
Rotherham population is only 110,000.
I would say that is a good attendance

We are lucky to get that & the capital has 495,000

Of which 400,000 are yams - they're gonna need a bigger stand.

high bee
26-05-2016, 06:57 PM
Of which 400,000 are yams - they're gonna need a bigger stand.

Aye but no anymore, 380,000 are glory hunters, they're all queuing up to get Hibs tops for next year.

Skåne Hibs
26-05-2016, 07:00 PM
I think he'll stay the whole season, get us promotion and leave next summer. That's gotta be a springboard to a better job than Rotherham. No disrespect to Rotherham of course. (other than the fact it's Rotherham:na na: )

Bostonhibby
26-05-2016, 07:04 PM
I think he'll stay the whole season, get us promotion and leave next summer. That's gotta be a springboard to a better job than Rotherham. No disrespect to Rotherham of course. (other than the fact it's Rotherham:na na: )

He'd be better of in Edinburgh, the Athens of the North. Rotherham is the Gorgie of the South.

BoomtownHibees
26-05-2016, 07:07 PM
He's now 2/1 2nd favourite behind Mowbray

1875Hibees
26-05-2016, 07:11 PM
Rotherham lol. Going from a team where over 150k turn out for a victory parade to a team that dosent even have that many people living there. Diddy team.

makaveli1875
26-05-2016, 07:18 PM
he's also 2nd favourate for the bolton job 4/1

hibees 7062
26-05-2016, 07:49 PM
Rotherham and Stubbs actually spoke last October about the managerial position, the former Celtic and Everton player reportedly made the final set of interviews, but the club at that time went for Neil Redfearn. Stewart has already spoken to the recently sacked Newcastle United manager Steve McClaren and ex-Blackburn Rovers boss Gary Bowyer but neither seem to have done enough to convince him they are what he wants.
The club hope to make an announcement by next Wednesday and this could test the resolve of Hibernian and indeed Stubbs himself if they make a formal bid for the Englishman. They will almost certainly be able to double his wages.

ManBearPig
26-05-2016, 08:18 PM
I think this looks ominous....

Ianhibee
26-05-2016, 08:33 PM
1/5 on Bet Victor - Mowbray 5/2 - Wouldn't be good....

CallumLaidlaw
26-05-2016, 08:35 PM
Skybet now have Mowbray favourite for the job

stoneyburn hibs
26-05-2016, 08:56 PM
I think I'll take what he said at face value.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
26-05-2016, 08:58 PM
I hope he stays, but if he goes, he goes.

He will be welcome back anytime, and will forever be a legend (and i wanted his sacked a few weeks ago!).

Rotherham would seem like a strange choice though. Lots of clubs in English lower leagues with huge potential to do something, but they don't strike me as one of them.

keep the faith
26-05-2016, 09:01 PM
All the bams on here that were wanting him sacked last week will be happy then.....

Best manager we have had in years and now a legend.

Please stay Stubbsy and take us up.

ekhibee
26-05-2016, 09:16 PM
Seems to be a straight fight between a former Hibs manager and the current one. Rotherham has surprised me too, but there might well be personal family reasons for considering the job. He failed to get us promoted over 2 seasons, but won our holy grail, staying for another season he would have to win the Championship else his credibility amongst potential suitors would be seriously diminished. I think we will win the title next season, but it might, just might, be a risk Stubbs isn't prepared to take now that he's actually won something for us.

NadeAteMyLunch!
26-05-2016, 09:55 PM
I wonder if staying in the Championship and winning the FA cup would be enough for the Rotherham fans?

I think they would be as drunk as we were at the weekend(still are) if he managed that [emoji16]

gillythehibby
26-05-2016, 10:14 PM
Rotheram are a ****in pub team and rotherham is a dead-end whole. Non story

high bee
26-05-2016, 10:20 PM
Not sure what there is to gain in this one. A great season would be getting them mid table but will that really grab the attention of bigger clubs?

Not sure what he has to gain at us either. Is it gonna impress any bigger clubs if we go up, we are surely the favourites this year. Surely winning the Scottish Cup would be viewed as a bigger achievement so unless he achieves promotion and then has a strong year in the prem I can't see much bigger clubs coming in.

Mango Man
26-05-2016, 10:23 PM
You'd think with the carrot of European football next season, that he'd fancy a shot at that, if it's about money, Hibs should give the man whatever he wants, within reason, of course.

SanFranHibs
27-05-2016, 12:31 AM
Would be difficult to replicate what warnock done there the second half of last season, he done an unbelievable job. They are certs for relegation this year regardless of who their manager is this season in my opinion.

Which i thought about Bournemouth.

7 Up
27-05-2016, 01:40 AM
Seems to be a straight fight between a former Hibs manager and the current one. Rotherham has surprised me too, but there might well be personal family reasons for considering the job. He failed to get us promoted over 2 seasons, but won our holy grail, staying for another season he would have to win the Championship else his credibility amongst potential suitors would be seriously diminished. I think we will win the title next season, but it might, just might, be a risk Stubbs isn't prepared to take now that he's actually won something for us.

That's a good point, Stubbs' personal stock as Hibs manager is never going to be higher than it is right now. If he wants to move on, the timing makes sense. Whether Rotherham makes sense is another question.

bingo70
27-05-2016, 05:15 AM
Daily record reporting Rotherham will make an approach within the next 48 hours.

mcfly
27-05-2016, 05:47 AM
Daily record reporting Rotherham will make an approach within the next 48 hours.

Which hibs will reject. Then it's up to Stubbs but I think he is honourable so will stay and finish the job he started,

Better jobs than Rotherham will come up

essexhibee
27-05-2016, 05:58 AM
Poster on Rotherham forum seems adamant it's a done deal.

mcfly
27-05-2016, 06:01 AM
Poster on Rotherham forum seems adamant it's a done deal.

Why would he come out saying he's identified players?

Joe6-2
27-05-2016, 06:01 AM

They would love it to be true, wouldn't believe a word they print

itslegaltender
27-05-2016, 06:04 AM
The amount of money in that league is crazy. He could easily be looking at a trebling of his salary and if he does a good job it gets him noticed for the smaller epl teams.

Not much we can do.

BoltonHibee
27-05-2016, 06:12 AM
Stubbs now closed to 4/1 second favorite for the Bolton job.

Won't be going to Bolton. They do not have a pot to piss in, no budget and will more than likely be in admin in next few weeks.

bingo70
27-05-2016, 06:30 AM
Why would he come out saying he's identified players?

Because as it stands it's business as usual, I'm sure if nobody comes in for him he'll be staying.

If he gets what he thinks is a good offer things change

high bee
27-05-2016, 06:54 AM

Pretty sure their chairman said he expects someone in by Wednesday and that they had approached 2 clubs for permission to speak to their manager.

I love how make out like they are preparing for a swoop, like the chairman is psyching himself up, ringing half our number then hanging up cause he's too nervous to ask.

On a separate note, all the Championship clubs stand to get the parachute payment, intended for Burnley, split amongst them. If Hull go up they get that too, could be around £6.5m. Not groundbreaking for the English game but it gives teams like Rotherham a chance of progression should they use the money well.

Forza Fred
27-05-2016, 06:55 AM
Because as it stands it's business as usual, I'm sure if nobody comes in for him he'll be staying.

If he gets what he thinks is a good offer things change

I honestly don't think it is the money that will lure him.

He has ambitions to manage in the EPL ..preferably with Everton and he knows he can't stay in Scotland for much longer, but has to build his managerial profile in England.

While some may scoff at Rotherham, they ARE a championship side, and the second tier league in Scotland is scoffed at much more in England believe me.

I'm pretty sure he'll go if he gets the offer....and he obviously applied for the job last October by all reports..so those scoffers seem to be oblivious to that.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-05-2016, 06:58 AM
I really hope Hibs pick up the phone to Rotherham when they come calling for Stubbs...

Only to say **** off.

CB_NO3
27-05-2016, 07:16 AM
Rotheram are a ****in pub team and rotherham is a dead-end whole. Non story
They also play in one of the richest leagues in world football.

bingo70
27-05-2016, 07:17 AM

He has ambitions to manage in the EPL ..preferably with Everton and he knows he can't stay in Scotland for much longer, but has to build his managerial profile in England.

While some may scoff at Rotherham, they ARE a championship side, and the second tier league in Scotland is scoffed at much more in England believe me.

I'm pretty sure he'll go if he gets the offer....and he obviously applied for the job last October by all reports..so those scoffers seem to be oblivious to that.

Yeah, I think he'll go too if he gets the chance.

I don't think it's anything to do with money either, he needs to be realistic, a cup win in Scotland and pretty poor performance in the league is only going to get you so many offers down south, getting the offer of a championship club is a pretty good opportunity for him. He won't need to do a spectacular job down there, keep them up will be seen as a success, if he can do that for a couple of years he'll likely get the chance of working at a club with genuine promotion ambitions.

I think this time next week we'll be looking for a new boss.

Jones28
27-05-2016, 07:19 AM
I just don't see it happening. The scenes from Sunday are something comparatively few managers ever get to experience, and a league title win to secure us promotion would also be one hell of a party.

To go from that to an at best middling championship side when he could stay another year and walk in to a bigger job when his contract is up is surely a more attractive offer?

high bee
27-05-2016, 07:25 AM
I just don't see it happening. The scenes from Sunday are something comparatively few managers ever get to experience, and a league title win to secure us promotion would also be one hell of a party.

To go from that to an at best middling championship side when he could stay another year and walk in to a bigger job when his contract is up is surely a more attractive offer?

Yeah but he has ambitions higher than Hibs and unless he wins the Scottish Cup or does a League and League Cup double next year then he won't better this achievement. To be honest even if he did one of those then it's not going to look any better, his stock is as high as it's going to be for some time ( he would have to get us up then have a good season in the premiership to start attracting better offers IMO).

Obviously Rotherham aren't the biggest club but it's another stepping stone and he will be much more visible.

Brightside
27-05-2016, 07:26 AM
Im very hopeful he will knock back any approaches for at least the next year. He was adamant on Sunday that he had a job to finish and he had no intention of leaving. BUT if that changes and he is away i'd fully expect Hanlon to go with him.

Topographic Hibby
27-05-2016, 07:31 AM
Didn't Stubbs play for Derby? I'm sure there is a pic in the Cup Final programme of Stubbs and Kenny Miller playing together in the same Derby side. Surely that's a more attractive prospect for him? And dare I say it, for Derby also, rather than The Missing Man........

Rotherham.....!!!!!

Onion
27-05-2016, 07:34 AM
Yeah, I think he'll go too if he gets the chance.

I don't think it's anything to do with money either, he needs to be realistic, a cup win in Scotland and pretty poor performance in the league is only going to get you so many offers down south, getting the offer of a championship club is a pretty good opportunity for him. He won't need to do a spectacular job down there, keep them up will be seen as a success, if he can do that for a couple of years he'll likely get the chance of working at a club with genuine promotion ambitions.

I think this time next week we'll be looking for a new boss.

It's the punishment Hibs usually have to take when we get close to winning anything. Just grateful we managed to keep one that delivered us something very special before he is whisked off to a so called "bigger club". If Stubbs goes, he goes with our thanks.

greenginger
27-05-2016, 07:41 AM
Stubbs now 11/8 for Rotherham job. Second favorite behind Mowbray at 5/4.

Warbs 50/1 for Arsenal gig :confused:

greenpaper55
27-05-2016, 07:42 AM
I heard from someone that his family are now living up here with him, sounds like he is staying.

SeanWilson
27-05-2016, 07:44 AM

think its a stick on that mogga takes the Rotheram gig and Stubbs stays here. I reckon so long as the club back a similar/better budget for next year, he stays and we win the champ at a canter.

SeanWilson
27-05-2016, 07:44 AM

thats just the bookies trying to make a few extra £'s from idiots.

pacoluna
27-05-2016, 07:47 AM
As much as I Like Stubbsy and want him to stay i'm surprised he has attracted attention from championship clubs - He has only been in FT management for two years and not met his objectives (Promotion) The SC more than compensates for that obviously from a hibs point of view, however I think there are other managers within Scottish football that have done superb jobs however seem to not be mentioned for any managerial posts - yogi for example.

SJM
27-05-2016, 07:49 AM
How come that tramp Neilson is never linked with anything apart from the missing caveman to ape gene?

pacoluna
27-05-2016, 07:50 AM
How come that tramp Neilson is never linked with anything apart from the missing caveman to ape gene?

Because craig levein pulls the strings

Arch Stanton
27-05-2016, 07:51 AM

I wonder about that. I think he made some rookie mistakes this season and there is no point in going if he doesn't have all the skills he needs to succeed.

If he goes to Rotherham and they get relegated then his chances of ever being an EPL manager will plummet. Another successful year at Hibs and he will get better job offers. Tough decision for him.

SJM
27-05-2016, 07:56 AM
Because craig levein pulls the strings

Why doesn't he get approached too then?

ekhibee
27-05-2016, 08:50 AM
Why doesn't he get approached too then?
cos he tried managing a team in England and he was *****.

CallumLaidlaw
27-05-2016, 08:55 AM

Because, dare I say it, Stubbs has higher ambitions than Neilson, and his agent does a good job of keeping his name out there :agree:

SJM
27-05-2016, 08:59 AM
Fair point Callum. Could be also Neilson is at his level and that's it. Stubbs has made no secret of the fact England is where his ambitions lie. I read he had an interview at Rotherham last year? Surely that's Pish as no formal approach was made?

The club have it covered regardless of what happens and trust them more than ever to deliver.

SJM
27-05-2016, 09:00 AM
cos he tried managing a team in England and he was *****.

Good call.

Andy74
27-05-2016, 09:06 AM
All the bams on here that were wanting him sacked last week will be happy then.....

Best manager we have had in years and now a legend.

Please stay Stubbsy and take us up.

He is a legend for the cup win, of course.

The reality is that he also failed in the league and so when we get back to the bread and butter next year I want us to have the best possible chance to get back up. I'm not so sure that best chance is Alan Stubbs. There is no point in me being inconsistent on that after winning the cup. If anything it illustrated again in that last 20 minutes the way a lot of us think the team should be playing more often.

Super_JMcGinn
27-05-2016, 09:09 AM

Mowbray not even in the betting on this list taken 5 minutes ago :confused: I reckon Mowbray will get it.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/rotherham/next-permanent-manager

BoomtownHibees
27-05-2016, 09:15 AM
Stubbs now back in to even money favourite on Skybet

fulshie
27-05-2016, 09:31 AM
Based on the historic win on Sat you would think that Rotherham's interest in Stubbs would have made the sporting news on Reporting Scotland or STV news. I've watched it all week and saw / heard nothing.

jacomo
27-05-2016, 09:38 AM

The reality is that he also failed in the league and so when we get back to the bread and butter next year I want us to have the best possible chance to get back up. I'm not so sure that best chance is Alan Stubbs. There is no point in me being inconsistent on that after winning the cup. If anything it illustrated again in that last 20 minutes the way a lot of us think the team should be playing more often.

Come on Andy, you can be as inconsistent as you like!

I've agreed with a lot of what you've said on where it went wrong for us in the League campaign. But I do like Stubbs a lot.

I hope he stays. I think he's earned unequivocal backing from us. Let's enjoy the summer, then approach the new campaign united behind our team and what they need to achieve next season.

CRAZYHIBBY
27-05-2016, 09:45 AM
Chance of league title, the scottish cup, league cup, and the lucrative petrofac cup ..........or rotherham.

pacoluna
27-05-2016, 09:48 AM
Mowbray not even in the betting on this list taken 5 minutes ago :confused: I reckon Mowbray will get it.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/rotherham/next-permanent-manager

I Would say Coventry are more of an attractive/bigger club than rotherham even giving the fact a division separates them. Would be more surprised if mowbray took it than stubbs.

ekhibee
27-05-2016, 09:54 AM
I Would say Coventry are more of an attractive/bigger club than rotherham even giving the fact a division separates them. Would be more surprised if mowbray took it than stubbs.
Yep, agree with that, but again, why is Mowbray so high in the betting? It looks like it is between the 2 of them.

The Spaceman
27-05-2016, 09:59 AM
Regardless of what happens to Stubbs, the guy is now a legendary Hibernian manager.

He is a winner and for that reason I can see him holding off a big move at least until he gets us promoted at the end of next season. Strikes me as the kind of guy who hates unfinished business (and who has got a real love for the club/team!).

MrSmith
27-05-2016, 10:36 AM
Reading have just sacked their manager.

scoopyboy
27-05-2016, 10:40 AM

I agree with what you are saying Andy (yes I do realise that's bizarre :greengrin) but I would be inclined to go with Alan Stubbs.

More in the hope that he has gleaned knowledge from the last two seasons and that he will get it right next season.

He is still relatively inexperienced and he isn't a hopeless case at this moment in time.

I get sick and tired of changing a manager every couple of years or so, so I wouldn't be for getting shot of. If he leaves to go for another club then fair enough.

greenginger
27-05-2016, 10:49 AM

Now that would be a handy appointment for Warbie ( sorry Cav ! ) Just down the road from the family home and far more respectable than Sevconia.

Islington Hibs
27-05-2016, 10:52 AM
I am genuinely surprised that a decent percentage of the support still remain unconvinced by Stubbs. For me he is the best manager we have had for a very long time. We are at least a football team again, not hoof ball. He has found some great players and clearly has built up loyalty with them. Our record against the SPFL teams is really excellent, he comes over as someone with great integrity who is genuine and measured.

Sure we missed out on promotion which is very disappointing indeed and perhaps he lacks a plan B at times but it is not his fault we were relegated at the worst possible moment in what remains a very difficult league to get out of. I for one sincerely hope he stays, whether he will nor not is quite another matter. However what he has done with the cup win is to smash the clubs demons and slight victim culture. He (and the rest of the team) has also given us the most memorable day imaginable and made literally tens of thousands of people very happy and restored pride in the club. He's got my vote.

:aok:

Caversham Green
27-05-2016, 10:53 AM

That's a surprise, I thought McDermott would be given a chance to establish himself a bit. Reflects the change of ownership I suppose. In their current state I think Reading would be an even worse option that Rotherham for Stubbs - I just hope they don't reconsider Warburton.

ekhibee
27-05-2016, 10:59 AM
That's a surprise, I thought McDermott would be given a chance to establish himself a bit. Reflects the change of ownership I suppose. In their current state I think Reading would be an even worse option that Rotherham for Stubbs - I just hope they don't reconsider Warburton.
At the moment I'd be very surprised if Warburton leaves Sevco, although I do think he would have been seriously interested in the Watford job before they appointed their new coach, Mazzarri.

J-C
27-05-2016, 11:11 AM
I am genuinely surprised that a decent percentage of the support still remain unconvinced by Stubbs. For me he is the best manager we have had for a very long time. We are at least a football team again, not hoof ball. He has found some great players and clearly has built up loyalty with them. Our record against the SPFL teams is really excellent, he comes over as someone with great integrity who is genuine and measured.

Sure we missed out on promotion which is very disappointing indeed and perhaps he lacks a plan B at times but it is not his fault we were relegated at the worst possible moment in what remains a very difficult league to get out of. I for one sincerely hope he stays, whether he will nor not is quite another matter. However what he has done with the cup win is to smash the clubs demons and slight victim culture. He (and the rest of the team) has also given us the most memorable day imaginable and made literally tens of thousands of people very happy and restored pride in the club. He's got my vote.

:aok:

They remain unconvinced because although we had 2 great cup runs and a wonderful win in the big one, the league campaign was still a disaster. We finished 3rd and with a very poor goals ratio, we still had very poor results against lesser teams like Alloa, Dumbarton etc, and Stubbs seemed incapable of turning things around during our 7 game blip in March, he's yet to prove he can set up a team to beat the park the bus teams.

jacomo
27-05-2016, 12:25 PM

LOL.

Just shows that you should take these betting odds with a very large pinch of salt.

ekhibee
27-05-2016, 12:40 PM
Stubbs 1/2 clear favourite on skybet.

SeanWilson
27-05-2016, 12:48 PM
Stubbs 1/2 clear favourite on skybet.

could it just be a case of a market that isnt attracting that much mone being swayed by a few bets either way?

Real Emerald
27-05-2016, 12:50 PM
I think it would be very bad timing to leave now and just don't think he would go, I could be wrong though.

random sub
27-05-2016, 12:56 PM
At the moment I'd be very surprised if Warburton leaves Sevco, although I do think he would have been seriously interested in the Watford job before they appointed their new coach, Mazzarri.

Warburton has just been offered a new contract at Sevco, so I don't think he will be going to Arsenal just now :greengrin

Interesting article here which shows their crazy spending but includes some good sportsmanship towards Hibs from Sevco's David Weirhttp://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-boss-mark-warburton-set-8051258#AdU6UCmcME1XeDgc.97

GlasgowHibee
27-05-2016, 12:58 PM
How long's left on his contract? Would we be looking at much compensation?

makaveli1875
27-05-2016, 01:06 PM
How long's left on his contract? Would we be looking at much compensation?

he has a year left

Craig_in_Prague
27-05-2016, 01:07 PM
Eve news reporting Rotherham will make approach over the weekend.

ekhibee
27-05-2016, 01:09 PM
Warburton has just been offered a new contract at Sevco, so I don't think he will be going to Arsenal just now :greengrin

Interesting article here which shows their crazy spending but includes some good sportsmanship towards Hibs from Sevco's David Weirhttp://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-boss-mark-warburton-set-8051258#AdU6UCmcME1XeDgc.97
I've never liked Weir, but fair dues to him with those comments, even if they were stating what we already knew. Weir's an interesting guy himself, I wonder how long he'll actually stay in football, he's a qualified engineer and I'm sure I read somewhere that he's got an engineering business with his brother, dunno if that's still the case though. Never liked him as a player though.

BroxburnHibee
27-05-2016, 01:10 PM
If he goes he goes....

He walks away a legend. It will depend on his own ambitions.

He could stay to win the championship but a poor start and the knives would be out again despite the cup win.

chrisski33
27-05-2016, 01:24 PM
As his family live down south it maybe a big draw plus may want to leave hibs on a high

SJM
27-05-2016, 01:26 PM
Would have been good to give him a send off.

makaveli1875
27-05-2016, 01:38 PM
Would have been good to give him a send off.

good idea

Brightside
27-05-2016, 01:48 PM
could it just be a case of a market that isnt attracting that much mone being swayed by a few bets either way?

100% the odds are not based on money on in this case. They are creating the market to try and encourage bets... Traders do it constantly.

matty_f
27-05-2016, 01:50 PM

Why are they waiting til the weekend? Why not just do it now?

Nobody free to make a phone call?

Craig_in_Prague
27-05-2016, 01:53 PM

Maybe Hibs have been partying all week and no-one answers the bloody phone? :)

easty
27-05-2016, 01:54 PM

Maybe they get free weekend calls? :dunno:

pacoluna
27-05-2016, 02:39 PM
I hate the hastened world of football managers - I was just starting to take to him as well :greengrin

Bald Reynard
27-05-2016, 03:08 PM

They might make an approach and he might talk to them, but I can't see him going there. All his connections are with the North West, not Yorkshire. What has happened with the Bolton job - I heard Peter Reid (how ancient is he ?!) was being offered it ? Stubbs could well prefer League 1 Bolton to Championship Rotherham - he started his career there and is mates with new Chairman, Dean Holdsworth.

vuefrom1875
27-05-2016, 03:47 PM
book on Rotherham now closed..hope that's not ominous!

Jim44
27-05-2016, 03:54 PM
Their books on football managers can be a bit iffy? I remember Warburton was odds on to get the Fulham and Brentford jobs. Mind you the closing of a book might be significant.

chrisski33
27-05-2016, 03:55 PM
As his family live down south it maybe a big draw plus may want to leave hibs on a high

grunt
27-05-2016, 04:01 PM
As his family live down south it maybe a big draw plus may want to leave hibs on a highI thought I read somewhere on here that they'd moved up? Or was that just wishful thinking?

macca70
27-05-2016, 04:02 PM
Unusual that a club approaches a club for permission to speak and when they start talking, the manager remains in his current role. This doesn't sound good.

I would suspect there has been some tapping up in the background or Rotherham wouldn't waste there time approaching us.

bingo70
27-05-2016, 04:09 PM
Unusual that a club approaches a club for permission to speak and when they start talking, the manager remains in his current role. This doesn't sound good.

I would suspect there has been some tapping up in the background or Rotherham wouldn't waste there time approaching us.

I thought that too but is there not three managers in the picture just now?

Means two will remain at their current club despite being approached by Rotherham.

JeMeSouviens
27-05-2016, 04:11 PM

They've also approached Coventry to speak to Mogga.

high bee
27-05-2016, 04:12 PM
Rotherham Chairman confirms interest in Stubbs.

http://www.rotherham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=448209

500miles
27-05-2016, 04:14 PM
If he goes, I reckon we'll see Yogi here. George Craig knows him, and we have a group of players who play his brand of football in a league he's won.

matty_f
27-05-2016, 04:19 PM
I really hope Stubbs stays. For all we've spoken about the failure to go up - 2 domestic cup finals in one season, winning the most significant trophy in the club's history, and being within a few minutes of doing something in the other is pretty incredible, more so because he did it with a Championship side.

Add in taking us to the Scottish Cup Semi-final last season too, and you can see that he has been a good manager.

I would be very disappointed to see him go at this stage - I would love to think that he'd want to take us up before leaving.

Hibeewilly
27-05-2016, 04:37 PM
I really hope Stubbs stays. For all we've spoken about the failure to go up - 2 domestic cup finals in one season, winning the most significant trophy in the club's history, and being within a few minutes of doing something in the other is pretty incredible, more so because he did it with a Championship side.

Add in taking us to the Scottish Cup Semi-final last season too, and you can see that he has been a good manager.

I would be very disappointed to see him go at this stage - I would love to think that he'd want to take us up before leaving.
:top marks

Dunbar Hibee
27-05-2016, 04:38 PM
He was sitting next to me at our table on the Sponsor's day on Sunday, and obviously though he wouldn't say otherwise, I did genuinely get the impression he had no interest in going elsewhere ATM. Unless a better offer comes in (I.E not Rotherham) my opinion will stay the same. Surely going to Rotherham can't be anywhere near more enticing considering the absolute scenes last weekend.

Since90+2
27-05-2016, 04:39 PM
After the Falkirk game I wanted him gone regardless. Happy to say I was wrong. Hope he stays but I have a feeling he will leave on a high.

Andy74
27-05-2016, 04:44 PM
After the Falkirk game I wanted him gone regardless. Happy to say I was wrong. Hope he stays but I have a feeling he will leave on a high.

How can you be wrong after a game?

Winning the cup has made him a legend and obviously a Scottish Cup Winner. It hasn't for me got any impact on the league next year.

He is either best man to do that or not. I still believe not. I won't hound him out but would not be unhappy if we started next season under someone else.

Since90+2
27-05-2016, 04:47 PM
How can you be wrong after a game?

Winning the cup has made him a legend and obviously a Scottish Cup Winner. It hasn't for me got any impact on the league next year.

He is either best man to do that or not. I still believe not. I won't hound him out but would not be unhappy if we started next season under someone else.

I'm probably still on a high from the weekend to be honest. I want him to stay but if he goes I still have high hopes for next season.

Keyser Sauzee
27-05-2016, 04:49 PM
Don't want him to go now, not just because of the cup final but I think him leaving now and us having to spend time finding a new manager might leave us short in time to prepare for the new season which we can't afford to happen again.

keep the faith
27-05-2016, 04:52 PM

I can't get my head round that. He took a club on its knees to 2 cup finals a first SC win for 114 years and playing really great football. Massive achievements.
We fell short in the league due to a winter slump and really bad luck.

If your priority is dogged football to overcome Peter houston then break a leg. I will take having my club back playing the football I want to see and winning the Scottish cup thanks. Takes an extra year to go up? So what. We will go up and go up the right way.
Stubbsy is the man.KTF

Newcastlehibby
27-05-2016, 04:54 PM
Rotherham Chairman confirms interest in Stubbs.

http://www.rotherham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=448209 (http://www.rotherham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=448209)

Means nothing.

Rotherham interested in Alan Stubbs.
They have not even asked for permission to speak to him yet.
Calm down everyone.

HibsNutter
27-05-2016, 04:55 PM
I'm absolutely sure he will stay, and I am so glad, would have had him stay whatever happened in the cup final.

bingo70
27-05-2016, 05:05 PM
Means nothing.

Rotherham interested in Alan Stubbs.
They have not even asked for permission to speak to him yet.
Calm down everyone.

I think it means something, I doubt very much if he'd have gone public if he hadn't had some assurances he'd take the job if offered. Pretty naive to think there wouldn't have been some contact prior to today.

I'm fairly relaxed about the situation, I can see the pros and cons of him leaving so what will be will be.

Will forever appreciate what he's done for us this season and that day he gave us on Saturday, does that mean he'll be a success next season? I don't know, maybe better for him to leave a legend than risk hanging about and tarnishing his reputation.

Plus I love it when we're after a new manager and all the speculation that goes with it, I know that's wrong and stability should be key but I don't care.

Andy74
27-05-2016, 05:08 PM
I think it means something, I doubt very much if he'd have gone public if he hadn't had some assurances he'd take the job if offered. Pretty naive to think there wouldn't have been some contact prior to today.

I'm fairly relaxed about the situation, I can see the pros and cons of him leaving so what will be will be.

Will forever appreciate what he's done for us this season and that day he gave us on Saturday, does that mean he'll be a success next season? I don't know, maybe better for him to leave a legend than risk hanging about and tarnishing his reputation.

Plus I love it when we're after a new manager and all the speculation that goes with it, I know that's wrong and stability should be key but I don't care.

Stability hasn't been key for last two winners of this league. Both won by managers in their first season with the teams.

lord bunberry
27-05-2016, 05:15 PM
The last thing we need is the uncertainty of a new manager coming in. It could take weeks to get someone in, then we would have settling in period while he gets to know the players. We need to get out the blocks fast next season and win the league. Stubbsy will win us the league imo.

shetlandhibee
27-05-2016, 05:23 PM
The last thing we need is the uncertainty of a new manager coming in. It could take weeks to get someone in, then we would have settling in period while he gets to know the players. We need to get out the blocks fast next season and win the league. Stubbsy will win us the league imo.

:top marks:agree:

Hibernia&Alba
27-05-2016, 05:24 PM
Rotherham? Aye right.

Diclonius
I think he's away.

Get McCall/Coyle in and get going.

Andy74

Did Rangers no harm this year.

Hibernia&Alba
27-05-2016, 05:25 PM
I think he's away.

Get McCall/Coyle in and get going.
To Rotherham? Nae chance.

500miles
27-05-2016, 05:31 PM
Did Rangers no harm this year.

Rangers destablised us with the Allan saga, and nicking Holt when he had verbally agreed to sign with us.

Waxy
27-05-2016, 05:40 PM
Unless lots of stuff has been going on behind the scenes, i can't see him going. The upheaval it would cause would make it alot harder to win our league.Really can't see him going but if he does i hope its done Asap.

AL-Qaholik
27-05-2016, 05:41 PM
Yogi and JC anybody?

NAE NOOKIE
27-05-2016, 05:44 PM
The English championship is a strong league and Rotherham are far from the best team in it .... in fact they flirt with relegation most of the time. If Stubbs went there mid table would be a success never mind winning stuff, in which case he might be tempted.

As for the 'Mickey Mouse cup' comment ....... that's the sort of rubbish you expect from arrogant planks who support the so called 'big clubs' ..... but a supporter of Rotherham :faf:

Michael
27-05-2016, 05:48 PM
Yogi and JC anybody?

To serve the drinks in hospitality?

staunchhibby
27-05-2016, 06:15 PM
No thanks.

lucky
27-05-2016, 06:20 PM
If he chooses to go then I'll wish him all the best. I want him to stay but whether Rotherham is a bigger club has nothing to do with it, he'll get the chance to manage at a higher level and it might suit him being back down south.

hibs#1
27-05-2016, 06:52 PM
Don't want him to go
But I can understand if he wants to move back closer to family
Rotherham I wouldn't say would be a great choice can imagine there would be bigger jobs becoming available over the next couple of years for him

If stubbs is to leave I'd like to get it sorted very quickly

Think yogi and mcall would be on the shortlist
Can't think of many more names that would be a good fit?

Could be a controversial choice but Neil lennon?

MrSmith
27-05-2016, 06:56 PM
Everyone forgetting he's managing a team in Europe next season :flag: he'll be here! :gwa:

bingo70
27-05-2016, 06:56 PM
Don't want him to go
Rotherham I wouldn't say would be a great choice can imagine there would be bigger jobs becoming available over the next couple of years for him

It'll be a young coach in the same mould as Stubbs IMO?

Jonnyboy
27-05-2016, 06:57 PM
I think I'll take what he said at face value.

Ditto :agree:

J-C
27-05-2016, 07:04 PM
Anyone think Doolan might be in with a shout if Stubbs goes.

hibs#1
27-05-2016, 07:04 PM
It'll be a young coach in the same mould as Stubbs IMO?

Possibly can't help bit think someone with a bit of experience would be a better choice for our current needs
All hypothetically of course hope he stays

Tyler Durden
27-05-2016, 07:11 PM
Stability hasn't been key for last two winners of this league. Both won by managers in their first season with the teams.

Neilson was part of the staff at Tynecastle for several months before taking over. Rangers had 4/5 times the budget of any other team, hardly shocking that they won the league.

The squad love Stubbs, he'll add a few more players, we will win the league. January transfer business wasn't great but ultimately his record in the transfer market is great (whether he identifies the players or not).

The Green Goblin
27-05-2016, 07:14 PM
I really hope he stays.

Jim44
27-05-2016, 07:41 PM
Don't want him to go

:shocked::shocked::shocked:

JimboHibs
27-05-2016, 07:45 PM
To Rotherham? Nae chance.

100% this,Stubbs will still be here for the coming season.

hibs#1
27-05-2016, 07:58 PM
:shocked::shocked::shocked:

I did say controversial haha

Hi Heid Yin
27-05-2016, 08:07 PM
All due respect to Rotherham but I'm sure that Alan Stubbs has his sights set on a club of some standing and who operate at a much, much higher level.
This said, I believe that he is even more determined to get us promoted and thus will stay at Easter Road.
He is a man on a mission and if he walked away now he would feel a sense of incompleteness and would be haunted forever with "What if's".

dp00
27-05-2016, 08:10 PM
I heard from someone that his family are now living up here with him, sounds like he is staying.

Pretty certain someone told me his son was starting school/uni up here

calumhibee1
27-05-2016, 08:26 PM
I really hope he stays. If he does go however then Owen Coyle has just become available. Would take him.

bingo70
27-05-2016, 08:28 PM
Evening news tweeting there has now been an official approach

LancashireHibby
27-05-2016, 08:28 PM
I really hope he stays. If he does go however then Owen Coyle has just become available. Would take him.
Please, no. The most naive football tactician in the world.

Anyway, it's Rotheringham we need to be worried about rather than Rotherham, apparently.

corby hibee
27-05-2016, 09:30 PM
So i see a seious interst from Rotherham now, imo its not the club he should be looking at next, stay for the newseason and then who knows what team would be intersted.

Brightside
27-05-2016, 09:33 PM
Pretty certain someone told me his son was starting school/uni up here

They all live in a house in Inveresk now. Taff and John still share up Brunstane

Sir David Gray
27-05-2016, 09:43 PM
I would be surprised if Stubbs leaves us for Rotherham.

bingo70
27-05-2016, 09:49 PM
I would be surprised if Stubbs leaves us for Rotherham.

If you had the chance to double or possibly treble your wage while moving closer to your family would you not take it?

Looking at it objectively without the green specs on I can't see many reasons for him to stay tbh.

Aldo
27-05-2016, 09:52 PM
If you had the chance to double or possibly treble your wage while moving closer to your family would you not take it? Looking at it objectively without the green specs on I can't see many reasons for him to stay tbh.

Bingo positivity and negativity in one fell swoop!

However it does make perfect sense!!

Heisenberg
27-05-2016, 09:55 PM
I can see why it would appeal to him. Don't think Hibs will give them permission though.

Marco G
27-05-2016, 09:56 PM
Neilson was part of the staff at Tynecastle for several months before taking over. Rangers had 4/5 times the budget of any other team, hardly shocking that they won the league.

The squad love Stubbs, he'll add a few more players, we will win the league. January transfer business wasn't great but ultimately his record in the transfer market is great (whether he identifies the players or not).
Not sure I agree about January transfer business not being great. Malonga wanted to go back to Italy and Arnier and Feruz went back to their clubs. Dagnall did his bit, Stokes turned out to be a great signing and Gunnarson added some steel and some goals. Anyway I agree that Alan Stubbs is the man and let's hope he stays to complete what he started!

Aldo
27-05-2016, 09:57 PM
I just hope he realises he does actually have 'unfinished business'!!

Keyser Sauzee
27-05-2016, 09:59 PM
How does it work with managers moving between clubs, do the parent club have the right to point blank refuse any offer of compensation and not allow the manager to speak to new club, like with players?

Borderhibbie76
27-05-2016, 10:00 PM
From all his words in the press since last weekend I'd be shocked if he was to leave - especially for Rotherham tbh

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

marleyhib
27-05-2016, 10:05 PM
Stayed up on goal difference last season; Enflish championship is definitely a step up but a tough job no doubt. Just saw on stv that their chairman says he will approach us this weekend. Hope he stays, with a major monkey off our back i'm very keen to see what we can do next season.

Sir David Gray
27-05-2016, 10:24 PM
If you had the chance to double or possibly treble your wage while moving closer to your family would you not take it?

Looking at it objectively without the green specs on I can't see many reasons for him to stay tbh.

He could achieve much more with Hibs in Scotland than he ever will with Rotherham in England.

They are probably near to their potential right now, or possibly even exceeding expectations.

We are nowhere near where we should be within Scottish football.

monktonharp
27-05-2016, 10:40 PM

Plus I love it when we're after a new manager and all the speculation that goes with it, I know that's wrong and stability should be key but I don't care.I care. and very much care about stability. never mind, when we have a poll for ..who do you want as next manager...we can chose, like we did for Butcher.:rolleyes:

monktonharp
27-05-2016, 10:49 PM
They all live in a house in Inveresk now. Taff and John still share up Brunstane:agree: Stubbs may just have the Musselburgh house, to bring his family up at times but his buddies are at Brunstane

ekhibee
28-05-2016, 12:39 AM
Stubbs even shorter in the betting now, 1/4, Mogga's out to 4/1. Rotherham are really going for it.

Jones28
28-05-2016, 01:52 AM
Bring them on, they've got RP to deal with first 👍

E10 Rifle
28-05-2016, 02:32 AM
I love the fact their chairman says he'll do things in the correct manner. So is speaking to the media first and then Hibs second the correct manner? :no way:

Forza Fred
28-05-2016, 04:00 AM
I love the fact their chairman says he'll do things in the correct manner. So is speaking to the media first and then Hibs second the correct manner? :no way:

While Rotherham may not have approached Stubbsie directly, the way of the world is that indirect approaches would have been made to sound him out.

If the Rotherham chairman has said publicly that he is approaching Hibs, then I think the outcome will hardly be a surprise.

If Stubb's wants to move, then there is no point trying to force him to stay...he should be allowed to go with our best wishes and no barriers pug in his way......we hung on to Calderwood, a that was a good move!

itslegaltender
28-05-2016, 06:30 AM
As someone said earlier. Three times your salary job offers would be pretty hard to turn down. Also you could argue that achieving the Scottish cup win is probably the best you can do at Hibs. Leave on a high before another challenging attempt at promotion.

green day
28-05-2016, 06:43 AM
Championship in England is much better for his career than our current level.

IMO he will go, we get compensated and we bring in someone to get us promoted.

Dempster etc must have had a shortlist anyway in case Stubbs left if we lost the cup final.

TheSouthMoroccan
28-05-2016, 06:48 AM
As someone said earlier. Three times your salary job offers would be pretty hard to turn down. Also you could argue that achieving the Scottish cup win is probably the best you can do at Hibs. Leave on a high before another challenging attempt at promotion.

Spot on, no point in holding him back, he has done us proud and will for ever be a Hibs legend.

Aldo
28-05-2016, 06:53 AM
Stayed up on goal difference last season; Enflish championship is definitely a step up but a tough job no doubt. Just saw on stv that their chairman says he will approach us this weekend. Hope he stays, with a major monkey off our back i'm very keen to see what we can do next season.

They stayed up by 9 points and not goal difference! I want him to stay and gets us promoted and then lead us into Premiership!

Green&White
28-05-2016, 07:13 AM
Id like him to stay for sure. But this is probably the best time to find a new manager if he does go. Off the back of the cup win and the unbeleievable show of support. Any decent mamagers looking in will be blown away with our support. Along with European football. Could attract some managers that wouldny even consider us if the season had went out with a wimper...

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

The Falcon
28-05-2016, 07:23 AM

There were quite a few wanting him sacked after the Falkirk game, is that still the case?

bingo70
28-05-2016, 07:27 AM
There were quite a few wanting him sacked after the Falkirk game, is that still the case?

Exactly, I was one of them and now he's a bloody hero.

Football is a fickle game and sometimes emotions take over, that's why if I was Stubbs I think I'd take this opportunity.

Smartie
28-05-2016, 07:32 AM
I'd be gutted if he left.

He's not perfect but he's very good and still improving.

I can't see money being a thing for him, so even trebling his wages won't make a big difference. The family draw would be the biggest thing.

I think he'd be mental to go because he's got an excellent base for a good tilt at the league next year, which would only improve his cv.

He'd be better off holding off for a bigger job in the English lower leagues. Rotherham are a small club already punching above their weight and there is only so far he will be able to take them. The lower leagues down there are littered with clubs potentially bigger than Premier League regulars like Swansea, WBA and Stoke who would be able to hold their own if they were guided back to the Premier League. That's the type of job (and the type of wage) that he should be holding out for, rather than risking his reputation at a club like Rotherham.

That's the kind of place that could see him sacked by November.

CB_NO3
28-05-2016, 07:50 AM
Tin hat one here. I wouldn't be to gutted if he went. He is, and will always be a Hibs legend. I honestly think Stubbs would be a good Hibs manager in the Scottish Premiership but I am not totally convinced he will get us promoted.

We seriously struggled at times last season against Alloa, Dumbarton, Livingston and Morton due to our slow lethargic build up and play. All our best performances came against Rangers, Dundee United, Hearts and Aberdeen, basically teams that open up and allow us to play, we wont get that in the Championship. Maybe Stubbs will learn from his mistakes and start off quicker next season and be a bit more direct against weaker opposition?

Whatever happens, he will always be welcome back to ER. He has not just achieved to holy grail, be seems a genuine nice guy.