PDA

View Full Version : Stubbs Rotherham bound?

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Jim44
28-05-2016, 08:08 AM
I'd be really surprised if LD and RP haven't already done their homework in the increasing likelihood that Stubbs will leave sooner rather than later. Stubbs himself might even have been involved in the process.

itslegaltender
28-05-2016, 09:10 AM
Just hope it's not Leanne's Hun apologist pal Stuart McCall.

neil7908
28-05-2016, 09:31 AM
I'm really torn. Happy to put my hand up and say I was wanting him out after the play off loss. Now after the final I'm conflicted. I'd be pleased if he wants to stay as he unquestionably deserves another crack at getting us up.

However, as another poster said above our performances against teams that park the bus against us have been poor. You saw what Stokes could do when he had a bit of space to run at people but I still feel we aren't set up to play in this division. Basically I'd be sorry to see Stubbs go and he'll always be a legend at this club but I don't think he's irreplaceable.

Allant1981
28-05-2016, 10:42 AM
Dont think id bu gutted if he goes but id be happy if he stays, if that makes sense! If he does stay i hope he learned from last season and how to change a game or hold on to a lead, if he goes then we might get someone in who knows how to play against these teams that sat in most of the game and will do so again

iwasthere1972
28-05-2016, 10:46 AM
Just hope it's not Leanne's Hun apologist pal Stuart McCall.

I think Divina has a better chance. No way will it be him. He couldn't even get The Rangers out of this league.

Onion
28-05-2016, 10:50 AM
Cannot blame Stubbs if he decides to take advantage of a new opportunity. He was possibly 10 mins from being sacked last Sat (or at least losing the support of a lot of Hibs fans), only to turn it around and become a Hibees Legend.

scuttle
28-05-2016, 10:58 AM
Cannot blame Stubbs if he decides to take advantage of a new opportunity. He was possibly 10 mins from being sacked last Sat (or at least losing the support of a lot of Hibs fans), only to turn it around and become a Hibees Legend.

If he wants to go better letting him than him resigning, at least that way we would get some compo. No matter what he does in future he will always be a hero to me

snooky
28-05-2016, 11:00 AM
I really hope he stays. If he does go however then Owen Coyle has just become available. Would take him.

Good call. Always admired PC as a player & manager.

Dibben
28-05-2016, 11:05 AM
I hope he stays. My biggest fear about him going is him coming back and trying to poach our players!

makaveli1875
28-05-2016, 11:09 AM
if he is planning to move on then its probably best he does it now so we can get a move on with finding a replacement . its looking like he is rotherhams 1st choice and they will be able to offer him the kind of wages and player budget way beyond what he will get here .

One Day Soon
28-05-2016, 11:11 AM
At the end of the day the truth is that whether or not he goes will be entirely down to him. If he tells Rotherham no, formally or informally, then its off. If he doesn't then they'll get him.

After missing promotion I was convinced he was better going - I didn't think he was the right manager to win the Championship. Great manager for the SPL but not the Championship. I still have some of those reservations.

The Cup win however changes a significant amount of my doubts for me. Not because I suddenly think he's a better manager but because there is now something quite special ignited in that group of players and management. I think there's now a self-belief and unity which winning the Cup uniquely delivered. Before then they believed they were a good team, since then they've lived being a winning team. And they've seen that phenomenal support at Hampden, not just singing SoL but throughout the game.

The club feels like it really has got its soul back. Players are united, supporters are united, the whole Hibernian family has emotionally come together in an unimaginable way. I feel that if we do somehow hold on to Stubbs as manager then we get a number of benefits for next season as a result of the Cup win.

1. If he stays it is more likely the squad stays together.
2. If this squad stays together they and we combined should be like a tsunami in that league next season.
3. If Stubbs stays we should get the benefit of everything he has learned about his players, himself as a manager and the Championship as a league for next season - including the priceless things you learn from your mistakes (as long as you do learn from your mistakes).
4. If he stays then all of the above mean more season ticket sales, bigger crowds, better atmosphere, more chance of success.

So on balance, Stubbs staying would be a very, very good thing for us.

NAE NOOKIE
28-05-2016, 11:12 AM
While Rotherham may not have approached Stubbsie directly, the way of the world is that indirect approaches would have been made to sound him out.

If the Rotherham chairman has said publicly that he is approaching Hibs, then I think the outcome will hardly be a surprise.

If Stubb's wants to move, then there is no point trying to force him to stay...he should be allowed to go with our best wishes and no barriers pug in his way......we hung on to Calderwood, a that was a good move!

Two names that should never even be used in the same sentence:

One is an honest personable man with integrity who will forever be a Hibs legend :cup:

The other is an odious twat who if he ever returns to Leith should be stood at the top of Leith walk while the 100,000 from Sunday reassemble and then made to run to the bottom of the street so that everybody gets a chance to give him a kicking :slipper:

500miles
28-05-2016, 11:20 AM
The reason we dropped so many points at the end of last season was the constant short recovery time we had. If we want promotion next season, we need to put a B team out in the league cup at least.

hibeedonald
28-05-2016, 11:24 AM
Quite relaxed about this. Yes he got us the Scottish cup and is a hibs legend as a result. But 3rd place is the Scottish cup is unacceptable.

Thecat23
28-05-2016, 11:27 AM
Quite relaxed about this. Yes he got us the Scottish cup and is a hibs legend as a result. But 3rd place is the Scottish cup is unacceptable.

Because we put everything into those cup games. We made the two national finals and won the most important one. If folk think that's easy then your in for a shock if he goes.

If we lost early doors in the cups no danger would we be off the pace as much as we were. I honestly don't think folk know how good a coach we actually have here.

Ryan91
28-05-2016, 11:28 AM
The reason we dropped so many points at the end of last season was the constant short recovery time we had. If we want promotion next season, we need to put a B team out in the league cup at least.

Promotion has to be the focus, cups are an added bonus but given last week's events, I'm happy for some earlier Cup exits

SJM
28-05-2016, 11:35 AM
Thanks for everything Stubbsy.

King is dead, long live the king. Fully confident SM will take us back to the Premier League. :agree::agree:

tamig
28-05-2016, 11:45 AM

I think you'll find that the majority of our support would find it totally acceptable winning the Cup a week ago. What a strange assertion.

scuttle
28-05-2016, 11:46 AM

King is dead, long live the king. Fully confident SM will take us back to the Premier League. :agree::agree:

Cant see Steve McLaren coming to Hibs:wink:

TRC
28-05-2016, 11:48 AM

Do you mean Stewart McCall?

loanheadhibby
28-05-2016, 11:52 AM
i've little doubt he will go but think he'd be better waiting on a bigger gig than Rotherham.

Best Wishes if he does go. Thanks for the memories.

blackpoolhibs
28-05-2016, 11:53 AM
Because we put everything into those cup games. We made the two national finals and won the most important one. If folk think that's easy then your in for a shock if he goes.

If we lost early doors in the cups no danger would we be off the pace as much as we were. I honestly don't think folk know how good a coach we actually have here.

He will be a legend for winning the cup, but lets not rewrite history here. It was Dumbarton Alloa and Morton we were playing here, not Man City or Arsenal.

And He has said numerous times the board backed him by getting the squad together, a squad better than any other team in this league and i include The Rangers and Falkirk in that.

patch1875
28-05-2016, 11:55 AM
Don't mind if he stays or goes. As said he's achieved the holy grail for us but we HAVE to get promoted next season.

shetlandhibee
28-05-2016, 11:55 AM
At the end of the day the truth is that whether or not he goes will be entirely down to him. If he tells Rotherham no, formally or informally, then its off. If he doesn't then they'll get him.

After missing promotion I was convinced he was better going - I didn't think he was the right manager to win the Championship. Great manager for the SPL but not the Championship. I still have some of those reservations.

The Cup win however changes a significant amount of my doubts for me. Not because I suddenly think he's a better manager but because there is now something quite special ignited in that group of players and management. I think there's now a self-belief and unity which winning the Cup uniquely delivered. Before then they believed they were a good team, since then they've lived being a winning team. And they've seen that phenomenal support at Hampden, not just singing SoL but throughout the game.

The club feels like it really has got its soul back. Players are united, supporters are united, the whole Hibernian family has emotionally come together in an unimaginable way. I feel that if we do somehow hold on to Stubbs as manager then we get a number of benefits for next season as a result of the Cup win.

2. If this squad stays together they and we combined should be like a tsunami in that league next season.
3. If Stubbs stays we should get the benefit of everything he has learned about his players, himself as a manager and the Championship as a league for next season - including the priceless things you learn from your mistakes (as long as you do learn from your mistakes).
4. If he stays then all of the above mean more season ticket sales, bigger crowds, better atmosphere, more chance of success.

:top marksword for word m8 IMHO they wont be allowed to talk to him , hes allready spoken to lean last week about next season stubsy will lead us up. they will be a lot bigger clubs than rotherham after his signature in a years time..! GGTTH

hibs#1
28-05-2016, 11:59 AM
He will be a legend for winning the cup, but lets not rewrite history here. It was Dumbarton Alloa and Morton we were playing here, not Man City or Arsenal.

And He has said numerous times the board backed him by getting the squad together, a squad better than any other team in this league and i include The Rangers and Falkirk in that.

I agree that we've had a better squad than Falkirk and the huns
On the flip side I believe we have a quality manager
3rd wasn't good enough but I don't think that will matter in this season coming 2 or 3 of the right additions I believe we will win this league

CRAZYHIBBY
28-05-2016, 12:02 PM
Theres no way he would go to rotherham....surely his bar would be set higher than that

Eyrie
28-05-2016, 12:16 PM
Stubbs will move on at some point, but he will wait for a situation that will enhance his reputation and set him up for a decent job in the Premiership. Improving Rotherham sufficiently that they become regular mid-table finishers isn't going to help him achieve that goal.

SJM
28-05-2016, 12:37 PM
Do you mean Stewart McCall?

Yep. Sounded out weeks ago.

SJM
28-05-2016, 12:38 PM
Stubbs will move on at some point, but he will wait for a situation that will enhance his reputation and set him up for a decent job in the Premiership. Improving Rotherham sufficiently that they become regular mid-table finishers isn't going to help him achieve that goal.

Lennon won **** loads at Celtic, champions league and ended up at Bolton. Anyone thinking rotherham now isn't a good move, 2 hours from merseyside is deluded unfortunately.

Finn2015
28-05-2016, 12:40 PM
Have a feeling we will have another season at least with him, possibly two if we get promotion

bingo70
28-05-2016, 01:47 PM
Only takes a second to refuse Rotherham permission to speak to Stubbs so the fact there's not been anything said by hibs so far tells a story IMO.

We're either in negotiations with them or we've given them permission IMO.

HoboHarry
28-05-2016, 01:54 PM

Wasn't it you that assured us that AS was getting canned after the cup final?

bingo70
28-05-2016, 02:07 PM
Any significance to Hibs silence on the rumour?

Evening news reported there was an official approach last night, if we weren't going to allow them permission we'd publicly be saying so today IMO.

JimBHibees
28-05-2016, 02:09 PM

Totally agree while I can see the thinking in him possibly wanting to go the last thing we need is another transition period. Continuity and build on the cup win and steamroller the league.

Brightside
28-05-2016, 02:09 PM

Constantly making things up...:wink:

Brightside
28-05-2016, 02:10 PM
Any significance to Hibs silence on the rumour?

Evening news reported there was an official approach last night, if we weren't going to allow them permission we'd publicly be saying so today IMO.
no one from Rotherham has spoken to Leeann as yet.

hibbysam
28-05-2016, 02:12 PM
Lennon won **** loads at Celtic, champions league and ended up at Bolton. Anyone thinking rotherham now isn't a good move, 2 hours from merseyside is deluded unfortunately.

And Bolton are a far bigger club than Rotherham, Lennon went there and his stock has now shattered due to their financial woes meaning he ended up getting relegated. What can you realistically achieve with Rotherham? They're punching far beyond their weight by just being in the championship, whereas he could stay here, win the championship, he's already won a cup and got to another final, he may well just win a couple of ties in Europe, and then see a half decent championship side which actually has aspirations of better rather than being one of the favourites to go down!

Stubbs is a massive name in England due to the work he done at Everton, he is held in high regard down there, Lennon isn't, and his work at Celtic was seen as being very tainted which is why no one would take a chance with him.

staunchhibby
28-05-2016, 03:00 PM
Bit strange there has been nothing from the board re Stubbs and Rotherham.Would have thought they might have said something about the way Rotherham have handled this .

JJP
28-05-2016, 03:03 PM
Hope he stays but if he decides this is the right move for him then he leaves with my best wishes. Massive thank you Alan for giving us our club back. Legend!

ano hibby
28-05-2016, 03:13 PM
If he does go how does compensation work..how much we likely to get?

Jim44
28-05-2016, 03:20 PM
Hope he stays but if he decides this is the right move for him then he leaves with my best wishes. Massive thank you Alan for giving us our club back. Legend!

I've already said I am indifferent to whether he stays or goes but on reflection the thought of starting a new campaign with a new manager and probably some new players, fills me with dread.

dangermouse
28-05-2016, 03:57 PM
That tit Billy "been places" Broon on radio Scotland saying he should go. Broon should do everyone a favour and sow his lips together so we don't need to hear him speak again.

Gordy M
28-05-2016, 04:02 PM
Im sure i read somewhere that we were trying to implement a system whereby if he had to replace the manager then he would be of the same ilk as the one before...a bit like southampton and swansea. If thats the case i can see us going for someone with the same style as stubbs?

keep the faith
28-05-2016, 04:10 PM

I don't believe you and I certainly hope we wouldn't be looking at McCall. He can carry on fawning over the Huns on TV.

calumhibee1
28-05-2016, 04:22 PM
And Bolton are a far bigger club than Rotherham, Lennon went there and his stock has now shattered due to their financial woes meaning he ended up getting relegated. What can you realistically achieve with Rotherham? They're punching far beyond their weight by just being in the championship, whereas he could stay here, win the championship, he's already won a cup and got to another final, he may well just win a couple of ties in Europe, and then see a half decent championship side which actually has aspirations of better rather than being one of the favourites to go down!

Stubbs is a massive name in England due to the work he done at Everton, he is held in high regard down there, Lennon isn't, and his work at Celtic was seen as being very tainted which is why no one would take a chance with him.
That's the way I see it. Rotherham is a hiding to nothing, they're not going to go any higher than where they currently are, and even that is the bottom of the league. At best you'll battle relegation, at worst you'll get relegated and sink down the next league aswell. Even mid table is out the question realistically for them.

SJM
28-05-2016, 04:27 PM

I never ever said canned m9.

SJM
28-05-2016, 04:28 PM
Constantly making things up...:wink:

Lolz. Says the gadge with the signed programme.

Mon then, gives a list of things I've constantly made up then hot shot?

Liar. And no need.

Lago
28-05-2016, 04:40 PM
Theres no way he would go to rotherham....surely his bar would be set higher than that
If he does it will only be as a relatively short term stepping stone to something bigger.

Thecat23
28-05-2016, 04:43 PM

Yeah I get that, seems a good few think going on two cup runs and making a both finals is easy and we should also be winning the league. It's one or the other simple as that and I'd happily stay in this league another year for what he and the team gave us last week.

I would like to see us now just go for the league and play youth in both cups.

Brightside
28-05-2016, 04:45 PM
Lolz. Says the gadge with the signed programme.

Mon then, gives a list of things I've constantly made up then hot shot?

Liar. And no need.

Err are you suggesting i don't have a signed programme? Fully signed shirt also? According to you Stubbs was 100% leaving BEFORE the Cup Final. That was made up by yourself. It was never even considered within Hibs or by Stubbs. Now you are jumping on this news and claiming its being going on for weeks. Its hasn't but I'm sure you will be hoping it comes to pass so you can claim the scoop. 1600 posts in 2 months must be some sort of record too...well done sir. :wink:

Thecat23
28-05-2016, 04:45 PM

Really? What's he done that you think he'd be the man to take us forward?

Allant1981
28-05-2016, 04:49 PM

Did you not say he was going before the cup final?

scoopyboy
28-05-2016, 04:53 PM
Err are you suggesting i don't have a signed programme? Fully signed shirt also? According to you Stubbs was 100% leaving BEFORE the Cup Final. That was made up by yourself. It was never even considered within Hibs or by Stubbs. Now you are jumping on this news and claiming its being going on for weeks. Its hasn't but I'm sure you will be hoping it comes to pass so you can claim the scoop. 1600 posts in 2 months must be some sort of record too...well done sir. :wink:

He most certainly not claiming the scoop. :greengrin

FWIW I don't think Rotherham have approached Hibs to speak to Alan Stubbs

Pete
28-05-2016, 04:55 PM
Really? What's he done that you think he'd be the man to take us forward?

He did fantastic at motherwell, he's got good connections, he's tactically astute, he's got experience, his team put us out the play offs last year and he's a remarkably likable guy for an ex rangers player.

I'd be more than happy with him.

Pete
28-05-2016, 04:57 PM

m9?

Is that a really, really good m8?

:-D

Mr White
28-05-2016, 04:57 PM
m9?

Is that a really, really good m8?

:-D

Nah its a mate that lives in Stirling.

Thecat23
28-05-2016, 04:58 PM
He did fantastic at motherwell, he's got good connections, he's tactically astute, he's got experience, his team put us out the play offs last year and he's a remarkably likable guy for an ex rangers player.

He done pretty alright at Motherwell but believe me his Rangers team was awful to watch and then was found out in the play off final. I don't dislike him btw as you say he's actually a likeable guy.

But I'd rather Stubbs all day long! If Stubbs goes them he'd prob be one to look at. I've a feeling we will go down the Stubbs mould again though.

Ryan69
28-05-2016, 04:58 PM

Stating that a manager with a budget at least 10 times bigger than anyone else winning a few domestic trophies....and stating its some kind of achievement.

Your deluded mate!

northstandhibby
28-05-2016, 05:01 PM

Yep, agree. Think he is a manager who could get this wonderful club back to the top league. But only if Stubbsie goes of course. I would rather have Stubbsie but McCall would be a good replacement.

Hibernian Scottish Cup Winners 2016

makaveli1875
28-05-2016, 05:03 PM
mccall wouldnt be a bad shout , id imagine he has what it takes to win the championship and thats what were looking for

The Harp
28-05-2016, 05:03 PM

Looks like you're the deluded one. Have a word with yourself.

Jim44
28-05-2016, 05:04 PM
What about McCall's publicly stated reluctance to ever become manager at ER because of our fickle fans? Was that a hasty, knee-jerk reaction to something at the time or was it even something I've invented. If so I don't know where I got it from.

itslegaltender
28-05-2016, 05:07 PM
McCall has never shut up saying Rangers were punished and sent to Division 3. He is an ex Hun who gets to try and re-write history every time he is on to. GTF with this as an option.

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-05-2016, 05:08 PM
What about McCall's publicly stated reluctance to ever become manager at ER because of our fickle fans? Was that a hasty, knee-jerk reaction to something at the time or was it even something I've invented. If so I don't know where I got it from.

That's an odd one right enough. If you are expecting the fans to turn that is almost admitting that you know that you won't do a good job.

Waxy
28-05-2016, 05:10 PM

If Hibs fans have been fickle in the past it has been perhaps because we had never had the success we thought we deserved.Thats been blitzed now with a new high reached.

Pete
28-05-2016, 05:11 PM
Nah its a mate that lives in Stirling.

lol

SJM
28-05-2016, 05:12 PM

When did I say he was leaving before the cup final? I said tentative approaches to his replacement has been made. That's 100% correct, when it happens you will say i guessed though. Obviously.

Go on, show me bruv. Show me the part I said he would leave before the final? I'll show you lots of posts by me saying I'll be gutted if he left if we won the cup. And we did, and I will. I also said it would be idiotic to sack before the final. Ignore that tho mate eh? Suits your wee crusade against me.

And yes, I think your lying about your cup final programme. Easy to play. that game isn't it? Let's see it then?

eastmainsmsh
John Collins director of football yogi manager Russell latapy assistant brian riceIan Murray and boozy making up coaches lol

SJM
Looks like you're the deluded one. Have a word with yourself.

Aye so I am.

Pete
28-05-2016, 05:16 PM
He done pretty alright at Motherwell but believe me his Rangers team was awful to watch and then was found out in the play off final. I don't dislike him btw as you say he's actually a likeable guy.

But I'd rather Stubbs all day long! If Stubbs goes them he'd prob be one to look at. I've a feeling we will go down the Stubbs mould again though.

So his Rangers team (which was probably more Ally's) were found out by his Motherwell team. ;-)

To be honest I'd prefer Stubbs to stay too and certainly don't want to force him out the door. I'd be happy with McCall though and would get right behind him while forgetting the silly things that should be irrelevant.

Jim44
28-05-2016, 05:18 PM

Who fits the Stubbs' mould in the present market?

ekhibee
28-05-2016, 05:20 PM
Yeah I get that, seems a good few think going on two cup runs and making a both finals is easy and we should also be winning the league. It's one or the other simple as that and I'd happily stay in this league another year for what he and the team gave us last week.

I would like to see us now just go for the league and play youth in both cups.
He was employed to get us promoted and he's patently failed to do that over 2 seasons. The cups were always going to be a bonus, and fortunately we did win the one that's eluded us for so long. Unlike you I'm not happy being in the Championship another season either. Stubbs seems a nice bloke and he did win us the Scottish Cup, but if he wants to leave he's certainly not irreplaceable. If he stays I'll be right behind him all the way, but there are no choices here, we have to win the league this coming season, 2nd or 3rd won't be nearly good enough as far as I'm concerned, and there's virtually no chance he'd get his dream move down south if that happened.

makaveli1875
28-05-2016, 05:22 PM
the last 8 or so managers weve appointed have been because the previous manager has been fired and the team has been shot of confidence and in a mess . this time were in a strong position , dempster got it spot on with stubbs and im sure whoever she chooses as his replacement will be equally good .

HibsNibs
28-05-2016, 05:23 PM
Who fits the Stubbs' mould in the present market?

Owen Coyle. Read somewhere he's left Houston Accies (or whatever they're called)
Hope Stubbsy stays though.

sambajustice
28-05-2016, 05:27 PM
Well if he's going then I hope Rod and Leeann tell him to hurry up and go.

United already have their new manager in place and will be working to identify new players.

Stokes and Henderson will be away. Hanlon looks like he could be going, Thompson, despite not getting recent game time will still be another shirt that needs filled. Any decent bid for Cummings and he'll be gone. Am I also right in saying Gunnarsson is only on loan as well?

That's a big chunk of main squad players and a manager we need replaced and it needs sorted asap.

We can't afford to be 2 or 3 weeks away from the start of the season and having uncertainty over the manager and needing to replace 5 players!

scoopyboy
28-05-2016, 05:34 PM
John Collins director of football yogi manager Russell latapy assistant brian riceIan Murray and boozy making up coaches lol

I am honestly trying hard to think of anything worse than that mixture.

makaveli1875
28-05-2016, 05:35 PM

pat fenlon/billy broon

fife hfc
28-05-2016, 05:38 PM
Can't see Stubbs going to Rotherham. If it did happen the last man I would want at Easter Road is Stuart McCall!!! Stubbs will leave eventually but believe he is still learning and making mistakes and in the Championship he won't be able to do that. He will get a bigger club if he is patient. Go to Rotherham and fail then it is a downward spiral.

hibeemikey21
28-05-2016, 05:50 PM
Bath of beans for underscore if McCall is appointed

MyJo
28-05-2016, 05:51 PM

Terry Butcher, Colin Calderwood & Maurice Malpas dream team :aok:

NadeAteMyLunch!
28-05-2016, 06:04 PM
Stuart McCall has had the same haircut since 1986. For that reason alone, it's a no for me

Brightside
28-05-2016, 06:08 PM
Bath of beans for underscore if McCall is appointed

I think he is horrendous. A lush from a time best forgotten.

HoboHarry
28-05-2016, 06:09 PM
Stuart McCall has had the same haircut since 1986. For that reason alone, it's a no for me

So have I ya bam..........

:greengrin

Onion
28-05-2016, 06:11 PM
Well if he's going then I hope Rod and Leeann tell him to hurry up and go.

United already have their new manager in place and will be working to identify new players.

Stokes and Henderson will be away. Hanlon looks like he could be going, Thompson, despite not getting recent game time will still be another shirt that needs filled. Any decent bid for Cummings and he'll be gone. Am I also right in saying Gunnarsson is only on loan as well?

That's a big chunk of main squad players and a manager we need replaced and it needs sorted asap.

We can't afford to be 2 or 3 weeks away from the start of the season and having uncertainty over the manager and needing to replace 5 players!

Agree with all of that. If you're going to do it, do it NOW.

NadeAteMyLunch!
28-05-2016, 06:11 PM

[emoji28]

ballengeich
28-05-2016, 06:14 PM

So would I if I could afford the rug.

Waxy
28-05-2016, 06:14 PM
All this talk of other managers like McCall makes me really really really really really really want Stubbs to stay and stay forever.

steakbake
28-05-2016, 06:21 PM
All this talk of other managers like McCall makes me really really really really really really want Stubbs to stay and stay forever.

Yeah, that would be far far far away from an acceptable option. Hibs have a lot of credit in the bank with the fans just now - the Cup win masks a disappointing season overall. They'd squander the goodwill there is now if they went for one of the usual suspects on the managerial merrygoround. Same goes for Yogi and pretty much any manager currently out of a job in Scotland... Perhaps with the exception of McLeish - he's got us up before and think he could do it again.

eastmainsmsh
28-05-2016, 06:25 PM

There'd be plenty gambling lol

Billy Whizz
28-05-2016, 06:26 PM
I think he is horrendous. A lush from a time best forgotten.

Not sure how you can dismiss him, Underscore. His record in Scotland is impressive, and he's been working with the Scottish National team for a bit as well. One things for certain, if Stubbs was to move on, it's not the time for a rookie manager, the coming season is crucial

RoxburghHibs
28-05-2016, 06:28 PM
One things for certain, if Stubbs was to move on, it's not the time for a rookie manager, the coming season is crucial

Yip agree 100%

Tobias Funke
28-05-2016, 06:34 PM
Aye so I am.

You also posted on here on the build up to the final that Fyvie was out. He started and played the full game.

You ain't doing much to convince anyone on here that you don't talk total and utter ballsacks. You remind me of a former member on here with a high post frequency and the ability to spout utter p*sh. Had a Rocky themed username...

brog
28-05-2016, 06:36 PM
I'm astonished at some of the comments on here re AS. Let's remember where we were 2 years ago when he took over, 8 professionals & no keeper! The team, & the club were at the lowest point I've ever experienced in my 60 years of watching Hibs. Now 2 years later he wins us the Scottish Cup & people on here aren't concerned if AS goes. Ye Gods! In getting to 2 major cup finals in 1 season, for the 1st time in our history, we beat 5 top tier teams along the way, including the 2nd, 3rd & 4th placed teams. Under AS we also beat The Rangers by the highest ever score in our history & but for a missed penalty we would be unbeaten against Yams.
I'm fully aware we have not yet been promoted but never in the history of Scottish football have Hibs & Yams been in the 2nd tier in the same season never mind with The Rangers thrown in. FWIW I don't think we'll lose AS to Rotherham but I believe he's performed miracles in turning our club around & I believe his true value will only become apparent once he has moved on, hopefully not yet!

NAE NOOKIE
28-05-2016, 06:37 PM

Rather have Joan Collins ...... don't want that guy near ER ever again.

SJM
28-05-2016, 06:38 PM

Yes, I'm saying you are making things up. singed shirt and programme, so you have pal. :greengrin

According to me we have sounded out Stuart McCall as our next manager. Believe what you want, I couldn't give a ****.

Jumping on the news aye? I would prefer our manager stays in place. I'm jumping on zero, I'm posting on a hibs messageboard what I've heard and not acting billy bug baws with your signed **** and slandering other posters like you have. You've already brought me up when I'm not involved which is trolling, tried to arue with me right before the scottish cup final which we won by the way, hope you went. Now you are slagging me off for the amount of posts, makes a change from your usual "yam" pish when it's a newboy.

Grow up and get a grip. Imagine sniping and wanting to argue a week after last saturday. :aok:

Waxy
28-05-2016, 06:43 PM
I'm astonished at some of the comments on here re AS. Let's remember where we were 2 years ago when he took over, 8 professionals & no keeper! The team, & the club were at the lowest point I've ever experienced in my 60 years of watching Hibs. Now 2 years later he wins us the Scottish Cup & people on here aren't concerned if AS goes. Ye Gods! In getting to 2 major cup finals in 1 season, for the 1st time in our history, we beat 5 top tier teams along the way, including the 2nd, 3rd & 4th placed teams. Under AS we also beat The Rangers by the highest ever score in our history & but for a missed penalty we would be unbeaten against Yams.
I'm fully aware we have not yet been promoted but never in the history of Scottish football have Hibs & Yams been in the 2nd tier in the same season never mind with The Rangers thrown in. FWIW I don't think we'll lose AS to Rotherham but I believe he's performed miracles in turning our club around & I believe his true value will only become apparent once he has moved on, hopefully not yet!Spot on and you've seen alot of Hibs.Only poor luck and bad reffing has stopped us going up this year.We've a fantastic team and manager.

WhileTheChief..
28-05-2016, 06:44 PM
I'm normally pretty rational about these things but after last weekend I don't want us to be dealing with another ex Ranger. Had enough of them. No more connections with them hopefully.

SJM
28-05-2016, 06:44 PM
You also posted on here on the build up to the final that Fyvie was out. He started and played the full game.

You ain't doing much to convince anyone on here that you don't talk total and utter ballsacks. You remind me of a former member on here with a high post frequency and the ability to spout utter p*sh. Had a Rocky themed username...

Can you post or quote the post I said Fyvie was out? Stop talking ***** cheers :aok:

You might want to get our cup winning legends right.

greenginger
28-05-2016, 06:46 PM
https://www.skybet.com/football/specials/manager-specials

Stubbs now 1/10 for the Rotherham job.

But he has also narrowed to 3/1 for the Bolton job :confused: :confused:

Crab apple
28-05-2016, 06:47 PM

JC and Mrs JC were in Edinburgh city centre on the Friday morning before the cup final. I then saw Petrie five minutes later. I'm sure it was just coincidence. No sign of Yogi though or Tommy Craig !!

Saturday Boy
28-05-2016, 06:49 PM
https://www.skybet.com/football/specials/manager-specials

Stubbs now 1/10 for the Rotherham job.

But he has also narrowed to 3/1 for the Bolton job :confused: :confused:

Relax guys; I've done some research and the bookies are quoting Una Stubbs. It's all about the shooting location for the next series of Sherlock. :wink:

Allant1981
28-05-2016, 06:53 PM
Can you post or quote the post I said Fyvie was out? Stop talking ***** cheers :aok:

You might want to get our cup winning legends right.

You definitely said he was out, cant be bothered trying to find the post though

SJM
28-05-2016, 06:54 PM
You definitely said he was out, cant be bothered trying to find the post though

No I didn't. No bother though.

Billy Whizz
28-05-2016, 07:04 PM

You did, and deleted your posts

fife hfc
28-05-2016, 07:05 PM
I'm fully aware we have not yet been promoted but never in the history of Scottish football have Hibs & Yams been in the 2nd tier in the same season never mind with The Rangers thrown in. FWIW I don't think we'll lose AS to Rotherham but I believe he's performed miracles in turning our club around & I believe his true value will only become apparent once he has moved on, hopefully not yet!

:top marks. Could not agree more.

Islington Hibs

:top marks

If he does go, and I hope to god he does not, time will demonstrate our loss.

On a positive note Dempster took a big risk on him and I would have quite a bit of trust in her leadership

HNA4

You did. Post 46 here

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?311152-Team-for-the-final&p=4696221&highlight=#post4696221

SJM
28-05-2016, 07:16 PM
You did, and deleted your posts

I've never deleted anything.

SJM
28-05-2016, 07:19 PM
You did. Post 46 here

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?311152-Team-for-the-final&p=4696221&highlight=#post4696221

Couldn't remember that, my humble apologies. In the pub before the match, hardly in the know makin up ****.

I'm sure everyone else posting what they heard including the one below mines was making stuff up too yeah?

Surely the point of this forum is to post what heard especially the day of the final?

Barltley for Fyvie was what I was told.
What about all the posters saying Oxley was starting? Liars too?

Allant1981
28-05-2016, 07:40 PM

Yes you did

Allant1981
28-05-2016, 07:42 PM
Couldn't remember that, my humble apologies. In the pub before the match, hardly in the know makin up ****.

I'm sure everyone else posting what they heard including the one below mines was making stuff up too yeah?

Surely the point of this forum is to post what heard especially the day of the final?

Barltley for Fyvie was what I was told.
What about all the posters saying Oxley was starting? Liars too?

But you can all of a sudden remember now, aye ok!!

Viva_Palmeiras
28-05-2016, 07:58 PM
Is that headline even correct English?

Hibs’ Alan Stubbs one of ‘three favourites’ for Rotherham job

Read more: http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hibernian/hibs-alan-stubbs-one-of-three-favourites-for-rotherham-job-1-4140007#ixzz49ywDkJ6E
Follow us: @TheScotsman on Twitter | TheScotsmanNewspaper on Facebook

JimBHibees
28-05-2016, 07:59 PM

Agree totally. Personally if Stubbs goes would consider Jackie Mac as an option.

JimBHibees
28-05-2016, 08:03 PM

Totally agree hugely under appreciated.

northstandhibby
28-05-2016, 08:07 PM
Agree totally. Personally if Stubbs goes would consider Jackie Mac as an option.

No thank you. His management record just doesn't inspire.

Glory Glory

SJM
28-05-2016, 08:24 PM
But you can all of a sudden remember now, aye ok!!

Only when it was reminded. Can you remember much from last Saturday?

Point caller please? Otherwise bolt.

What it's got to do with Stubbs going to rotherham I've no idea. I must be full of **** because I posted an hour or so before kick off Fyvie (legend and most under rated player) wouldn't start. Pack of wolves bullying and I know, if I don't like it I can do one. Great way to treat one of our own👍

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-05-2016, 08:27 PM

Senior?

SunshineOnLeith
28-05-2016, 08:35 PM

What it's got to do with Stubbs going to rotherham I've no idea. I must be full of **** because I posted an hour or so before kick off Fyvie (legend and most under rated player) wouldn't start. Pack of wolves bullying and I know, if I don't like it I can do one. Great way to treat one of our own👍

U ok, hun? Xx

stoneyburn hibs
28-05-2016, 08:37 PM

You did say that straight after the cup final Stubbs would be away.

Allant1981
28-05-2016, 09:13 PM

Yes you are full of the brown stuff and yes i can remember everything from last week thanks

truehibernian
28-05-2016, 09:14 PM
If (and its if) Stubbs were to go I can see Hibs approaching Alex McLeish.

Aldo
28-05-2016, 09:18 PM
Only when it was reminded. Can you remember much from last Saturday? Point caller please? Otherwise bolt. What it's got to do with Stubbs going to rotherham I've no idea. I must be full of **** because I posted an hour or so before kick off Fyvie (legend and most under rated player) wouldn't start. Pack of wolves bullying and I know, if I don't like it I can do one. Great way to treat one of our ownddc4d

This is, unfortunately the chance you take when you post on an open forum!! Point is you posted something that was incorrect and you have been asked about it!! Hackles up and animal like instinct have kicked in because you don't like this.

I would suggest that if you don't want questions asked then don't post!!

Just saying like!!

Michael
28-05-2016, 09:19 PM

When we had McLeish he was a young and ambitious manager. My feeling is that he isn't as motivated as he once was. I could be wrong, but that's the vibe I've got over the last few years.

weonlywon6-2
Can't see Stubbs leaving unless he doesn't get on with the board

Aldo

You think he would do a job on a limited budget!! And would this hamper any potential targets already identified by AS??

SJM
28-05-2016, 09:24 PM
You did say that straight after the cup final Stubbs would be away.

When? I never at all.

SJM
Yes you are full of the brown stuff and yes i can remember everything from last week thanks

That's nice Bri 👍

truehibernian
You think he would do a job on a limited budget!! And would this hamper any potential targets already identified by AS??

I do Aldo, I think he'd also have the appetite to take it on as well.

tamig
28-05-2016, 09:25 PM

I'm sure someone suggested Jackie Mac a few weeks back in the aftermath of the Falkirk game - might have been you? What makes you think he'd do a job here? His record is pretty rank.

Aldo
28-05-2016, 09:26 PM
I do Aldo, I think he'd also have the appetite to take it on as well.

I would Defo prefer him to McCall!!

This really needs to get sorted sharpish for me!!

truehibernian
28-05-2016, 09:28 PM
When we had McLeish he was a young and ambitious manager. My feeling is that he isn't as motivated as he once was. I could be wrong, but that's the vibe I've got over the last few years.

He absolutely lives and breathes football Michael - I think Hibs and Alex would be a perfect partnership if Stubbs goes. Knows the club, the Board, the fans rate him despite the 'judas' tag - I think for this squad of players, the characters they are and the bond they have, requires a manager that the players themselves respect and know he's 'been there and done it' !

SJM
28-05-2016, 09:28 PM
This is, unfortunately the chance you take when you post on an open forum!! Point is you posted something that was incorrect and you have been asked about it!! Hackles up and animal like instinct have kicked in because you don't like this.

I would suggest that if you don't want questions asked then don't post!!

Just saying like!!

Fair point.

If I was here for a few years tho or well established I wouldn't be hounded though. I couldn't even remember saying Fyvie wasn't playing, posters watching on teletext seen it though so sorry guys, posted what I heard on final day full of excitement, I've never said it's the gospel.

We have spoken and sounded out Stuart McCall who will be out next manager though. As I've heard.

HoboHarry
28-05-2016, 09:30 PM
I'm sure someone suggested Jackie Mac a few weeks back in the aftermath of the Falkirk game - might have been you? What makes you think he'd do a job here? His record is pretty rank.
I would like to hear the conversation between Jackie Mac and Rod Petrie when Jackie told RP that he need to get a cut of transfer fees. That would be as well accepted as a turd in the punch bowl......

Aldo
28-05-2016, 09:35 PM
Fair point. If I was here for a few years tho or well established I wouldn't be hounded though. I couldn't even remember saying Fyvie wasn't playing, posters watching on teletext seen it though so sorry guys, posted what I heard on final day full of excitement, I've never said it's the gospel. We have spoken and sounded out Stuart McCall who will be out next manager though. As I've heard.

It's not about being hounded at all SJM or being on here for ages!! You made a statement and you were adamant your info was correct... Unfortunately it was wrong and you have been asked about it. It's what anyone would do!!

It's a balancing act unfortunately and when you attempt to post FACT it can sometimes come back to bite you in the arse!!

This is there you need to accept that things you post are not always in your favour!!

Don't let this stop you from posting but a more reasonable approach when you get question is probably best TBH!!

tamig
28-05-2016, 09:40 PM
I would like to hear the conversation between Jackie Mac and Rod Petrie when Jackie told RP that he need to get a cut of transfer fees. That would be as well accepted as a turd in the punch bowl......

To be fair to Jackie, I think it was his chairman who put that offer to him rather than the other way round. I could just imagine Rod's tache twitching if such a suggestion was made to him though ☺

Waxy
28-05-2016, 09:47 PM
He absolutely lives and breathes football Michael - I think Hibs and Alex would be a perfect partnership if Stubbs goes. Knows the club, the Board, the fans rate him despite the 'judas' tag - I think for this squad of players, the characters they are and the bond they have, requires a manager that the players themselves respect and know he's 'been there and done it' !
Did McLeish not run to Rangers as soon as they wanted him? Or is my memory wrong?

Billy Whizz
28-05-2016, 09:50 PM
Did McLeish not run to Rangers as soon as they wanted him? Or is my memory wrong?

Yup, he's yesterday's man, done nothing of note for years

lord bunberry
28-05-2016, 09:51 PM
****ing Rotherham . ****ing stop it. Stubbsy stubbsy Stubbsy Stubbsy stubbsy Stubbsy stubbsy Stubbsy stubbsy Stubbsy stubbsy Stubbsy stubbsy Stubbsy stubbsy Stubbsy stubbsy Stubbsy stubbsy Stubbsy stubbsy Stubbsy stubbsy Stubbsy stubbsy Stubbsy stubbsy Stubbsy stubbsy Stubbsy stubbsy Stubbsy stubbsy Stubbsy stubbsy Stubbsy stubbsy Stubbsy stubbsy Stubbsy stubbsy Stubbsy stubbsy Stubbsy stubbsy Stubbsy stubbsy Stubbsy stubbsy Stubbsy

FitbaFolkKen
28-05-2016, 09:52 PM
Yup, he's yesterday's man, done nothing of note for years

Favourite for the Blackburn job at te moment, saying that there are so many jobs up that I think the bookies are guessing with a lot of the info out there.

Billy Whizz
28-05-2016, 09:54 PM
Favourite for the Blackburn job at te moment, saying that there are so many jobs up that I think the bookies are guessing with a lot of the info out there.

A job that no one really wants, Lambert decided it wasn't for him after not too long

FitbaFolkKen
28-05-2016, 10:01 PM
A job that no one really wants, Lambert decided it wasn't for him after not too long

Indeed, purely a guess but I think Lambert had his eyes on the celtic post as he decided not to continue just around the time Deila decided to can it. Didn't quite go to plan for him.

truehibernian
28-05-2016, 10:03 PM

Sometimes you've got to remove your emotions and look at a decision objectively - they offered him a huge salary, they're his boyhood team, they could offer European football and propel him into bigger jobs.

If you were offered 6 times your salary tomorrow for doing the same job, different location - would you ?

Eyrie
28-05-2016, 10:25 PM

You left out that GJP jumped ship rather than fix a poor patch of form and left Sauzee to pick up the pieces.

oldbutdim
28-05-2016, 10:32 PM
You left out that GJP jumped ship rather than fix a poor patch of form and left Sauzee to pick up the pieces.

Judas was effectively working for the Huns for several weeks before Murray phoned Big Malky to tell him the deal was done.
I can't see judas ever returning, certainly not whilst Rodders has any say in the matter.

monktonharp
28-05-2016, 10:32 PM
What about McCall's publicly stated reluctance to ever become manager at ER because of our fickle fans? Was that a hasty, knee-jerk reaction to something at the time or was it even something I've invented. If so I don't know where I got it from.Don't know if you have invented it, but I'm definitely comfortable with it

oneone73
28-05-2016, 10:39 PM
Judas was effectively working for the Huns for several weeks before Murray phoned Big Malky to tell him the deal was done.
I can't see judas ever returning, certainly not whilst Rodders has any say in the matter.

This.

truehibernian
28-05-2016, 10:44 PM

Really ? Think you very much underestimate the friendship between them in that case (Rod and AM).

B.H.F.C
28-05-2016, 10:47 PM
Really ? Think you very much underestimate the friendship between them in that case (Rod and AM).

Aye, big McLeish was talking after the game last week about how happy he was for Rod. And how supportive a chairman he was.

Maybe that was him getting his application in early!

MyJo
28-05-2016, 10:48 PM

Ah good old Ivan Drago / Zeberdee / Rubyhibee who used multiple usernames to have arguments with himself on threads on here and was also Rocky Balboa on kickback.

Similarities are striking now that you mention it :agree:

SJM
28-05-2016, 11:44 PM
Ah good old Ivan Drago / Zeberdee / Rubyhibee who used multiple usernames to have arguments with himself on threads on here and was also Rocky Balboa on kickback.

Similarities are striking now that you mention it :agree:

What are you on about? :confused: I know a boy called John, nevermind :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin season ticket :faf::faf::faf::giruy2::giruy2:

truehibernian
28-05-2016, 11:58 PM
What are you on about? :confused: I know a boy called John, nevermind :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin season ticket :faf::faf::faf::giruy2::giruy2:

I'm not going to have digs at you SJM however you were very clear McCall would be our next manager - I called you on it, still do, and indeed put forward a Dnipro contribution.

McCall won't be anywhere near the Hibs hot seat - nowhere near.

ScottB
29-05-2016, 12:09 AM
Really think we can do better than the likes of McLeish; how long since he had a job? How much longer since he had one he was a success at?

I'd imagine we'd go for another young English coach. If the club's idea of 'succession planning' is to replace things like for like to remove the need for wholesale changes to the remaining things at the club, that would make sense.

bingo70
29-05-2016, 05:35 AM
Really think we can do better than the likes of McLeish; how long since he had a job? How much longer since he had one he was a success at?

I'd imagine we'd go for another young English coach. If the club's idea of 'succession planning' is to replace things like for like to remove the need for wholesale changes to the remaining things at the club, that would make sense.

I don't think you need to worry. When Stubbs was appointed we made a big deal about him being a head coach rather than a manager, any replacement for Stubbs will need to be receptive to the new way of working, I don't think the likes of McCall or Mcleish fall under that category.

It'll be a coach from abroad or down south IMO.

Patrick Kluivert or Dennis Bergkamp anyone? (Half tongue in cheek as I'm sure we couldn't afford them, that's the sort of road I'd like to go down though)

KWJ
29-05-2016, 06:05 AM
Be a risky move but the more I think about giving the job to Russell Latapy the more excited I become.

He's a young manager who has had a good bit more experience than the likes of Stubbs and Mowbray before joining us.

Sure he had issues in the past but he could harness that knowledge to help our players.

judas
29-05-2016, 08:55 AM
So. After 14 pages, can I ask if Stubbs is leaving?

J-C
29-05-2016, 09:22 AM
If we're looking to have a young up and coming coach akin to Stubbs, how about Boozy, plying his trade at Hamilton and knows Hibs inside out and is seemingly a very good coach.

bingo70
29-05-2016, 09:48 AM
So. After 14 pages, can I ask if Stubbs is leaving?

Obviously been no official announcement but so far we know that Rotherham were due to make an official approach this weekend, as confirmed by their chairman. If Hibs have turned down this approach then it would seem unusual for them not to tell us, likewise if the Rotherham interest hasn't been followed up on then I'd also have expected Hibs to have updated us given the public statement from Rotherham on Friday.

IMO Hibs silence on the matter speaks volumes and likely means we've given Stubbs permission and everybody is just waiting to hear.

macd123
29-05-2016, 09:49 AM
We should leave our former managers alone. Darren Ferguson anyone?

ekhibee
29-05-2016, 10:45 AM
If we're looking to have a young up and coming coach akin to Stubbs, how about Boozy, plying his trade at Hamilton and knows Hibs inside out and is seemingly a very good coach.
The more I think about it the more that might be quite a good call. I could see him working with Thomson as well, now that he's got/is working towards his coaching badges.

Greenworld
29-05-2016, 10:54 AM
I suspect given the correct budget Stubbs will stay seems to me from all he has said he has unfinished business.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Onion
29-05-2016, 11:05 AM
I suspect given the correct budget Stubbs will stay seems to me from all he has said he has unfinished business.

Would that be the equivalent as Red Lex's "I'll be here as long as you want me" ?

Greenworld
29-05-2016, 11:07 AM
Would that be the equivalent as Red Lex's "I'll be here as long as you want me" ?
Not sure cause I don't know who red lex is lol

bingo70
29-05-2016, 11:13 AM

If he intended on turning them down this could quite easily have been knocked on the head by now.

When he spoke about staying on I took that to mean he wouldn't be quitting Hibs because we never got promoted, if he is offered another job though that's a different question for him to answer.

oldbutdim
29-05-2016, 11:48 AM

I don't think so.

Eyrie
29-05-2016, 12:17 PM
Not sure cause I don't know who red lex is lol

Better known as GJP.

bingo70
29-05-2016, 12:22 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/rotherham-await-green-light-to-speak-with-hibs-boss-stubbs-1-4140820

Iggy Pope
29-05-2016, 12:27 PM
We should leave our former managers alone. Darren Ferguson anyone?

I don't think I'd appreciate having a Hibs manager I want to punch in the gub every time I see or hear him.

lugz
29-05-2016, 12:31 PM
Stubbs would be better holding off a year, get us promoted then a better job than Rotherham would come up.

Let's be honest here Rotherham are never going to do any better than the championship, a lot more likely to be in league 1 than the premiership. If Stubbs holds off and does a good job next season he'll get better offers.

Baldy Foghorn
29-05-2016, 12:36 PM
Stubbs would be better holding off a year, get us promoted then a better job than Rotherham would come up.

Let's be honest here Rotherham are never going to do any better than the championship, a lot more likely to be in league 1 than the premiership. If Stubbs holds off and does a good job next season he'll get better offers.

:agree::agree:

Get us promoted, after lifting Scottish Cup, his stock will be sky high

greenginger
29-05-2016, 01:33 PM
As well as being SkyBet favorite for the Rotheram job , Stubbs is now SkyBet favorite for the Bolton job as well. :confused:

Does Andy Walker have anything to do with rigging the odds ? :greengrin

Jonnyboy
29-05-2016, 01:34 PM
Check out the Rotherham page on the BBC sport website. No mention of Stubbs at all

ekhibee
29-05-2016, 01:45 PM
Check out the Rotherham page on the BBC sport website. No mention of Stubbs at all
Admittedly that article was written 5 days ago but I see what you mean.

ScottB
29-05-2016, 03:02 PM
:agree::agree:

Get us promoted, after lifting Scottish Cup, his stock will be sky high

To me the Cup is the bigger deal in terms of his reputation. We weren't expected to win the Cup, obviously, but even down south I'd imagine Hibs winning the Championship next season wouldn't be seen as any sort of surprise, with our budget and now two seasons of experience in this league, winning it isn't going to add much to his rep, whereas a failure to do so would likely do a lot of damage to it.

northstandhibby
29-05-2016, 03:08 PM

Yet on here he was quoted as 1 to 10 on to get that gig. 1/10 is the equivalent of the Gold Cup winner racing against a Plough horse.

A sure cert according to they odds.

Glory Glory

Waxy
29-05-2016, 03:09 PM
To me the Cup is the bigger deal in terms of his reputation. We weren't expected to win the Cup, obviously, but even down south I'd imagine Hibs winning the Championship next season wouldn't be seen as any sort of surprise, with our budget and now two seasons of experience in this league, winning it isn't going to add much to his rep, whereas a failure to do so would likely do a lot of damage to it.

Alot of people saying he'll damage his rep if he doesnt get us promoted. If he's not good enough to get us promoted he'll not be good enough wherever he goes.Might as well take the acid test with us.

SunshineOnLeith
29-05-2016, 03:09 PM
As well as being SkyBet favorite for the Rotheram job , Stubbs is now SkyBet favorite for the Bolton job as well. :confused:

SJM will be along soon to tell us he knew about the interest from Bolton weeks ago.

Allant1981
29-05-2016, 03:18 PM
SJM will be along soon to tell us he knew about the interest from Bolton weeks ago.

Then deny saying it a week later

SJM
29-05-2016, 03:51 PM

Sure I will. Top trolling though.

SJM
29-05-2016, 03:51 PM
Then deny saying it a week later

Lolz

ScottB
29-05-2016, 03:53 PM
Alot of people saying he'll damage his rep if he doesnt get us promoted. If he's not good enough to get us promoted he'll not be good enough wherever he goes.Might as well take the acid test with us.

A fair few managers have made lengthy careers out of moving at the 'right time.'

My point is, if he sees himself going back down south, his stock could be as high as it's going to get, short of some sort of run in the Europa League, there's not much else he's likely to achieve with us that'll top winning the Cup.

Waxy
29-05-2016, 04:01 PM
A fair few managers have made lengthy careers out of moving at the 'right time.'

My point is, if he sees himself going back down south, his stock could be as high as it's going to get, short of some sort of run in the Europa League, there's not much else he's likely to achieve with us that'll top winning the Cup.He doesnt have to top winning the cup because he cant.He now has at least a free shot at taking us up. If he does he'll put the icing on the cake.

Greencore
29-05-2016, 04:11 PM

😂😂😂😂

LancashireHibby
29-05-2016, 04:16 PM

Unless we (Bolton hat on there) miraculously find a pot of money then we won't be appointing anyway under contract. More likely scenarios are Adkins (interviewed last week), McDermott (apparently 'got in touch' within hours of being sacked) or Steve Evans (contract runs out at the end of June with no sign of another one).

ekhibee
29-05-2016, 04:29 PM
It wasn't that long ago that Hibs PR was basically *****, but I was sure that side of things had improved under Leeann and co. It does seem a bit strange that there has been no statement from Hibs on the matter all the same. As Bingo said, they could have nipped this particular issue in the bud a few days ago, so unless there is a statement to the contrary it is perfectly possible that he is going to leave and compensation details are being negotiated. Just as easily he could be staying, but it would be nice to know one way or the other.

Jonnyboy
29-05-2016, 04:35 PM
It wasn't that long ago that Hibs PR was basically *****, but I was sure that side of things had improved under Leeann and co. It does seem a bit strange that there has been no statement from Hibs on the matter all the same. As Bingo said, they could have nipped this particular issue in the bud a few days ago, so unless there is a statement to the contrary it is perfectly possible that he is going to leave and compensation details are being negotiated. Just as easily he could be staying, but it would be nice to know one way or the other.

Conversely, if Hibs have not been contacted by Rotherham they are not likely to make a statement!

bingo70
29-05-2016, 04:40 PM
Conversely, if Hibs have not been contacted by Rotherham they are not likely to make a statement!

The chairman has publicly made contact

Viva_Palmeiras
29-05-2016, 04:47 PM

Does Skybet not have a conflict of interest or should I say it's in their interest to drum up eyeballs to their services (say subscriptions or betting or advertising ) and what better way than to focus on one of the men of the moment? Everyone else is on holibobs or looking to the Champs League/Euro Champs

Jonnyboy
29-05-2016, 05:16 PM

Thought he'd only said that in the papers,bingo. Apologies

HoboHarry
29-05-2016, 05:20 PM
What does that mean? He has simply stated it in the newspapers?

lugz
29-05-2016, 05:27 PM
I'd honestly question stubbsy ambition if he went there:

Hibs - great chance of promotion next season, European qualifiers, chance of more silverware.

Rotherham - aim will be to survive relegation in championship, slim to no chance of making playoffs never mind promotion. Absolutely no chance in domestic trophies.

Honestly can't see the positives in a move to them.

bingo70
29-05-2016, 05:29 PM
What does that mean? He has simply stated it in the newspapers?

Yeah, he was quoted as saying he wanted our manager and would be approaching us to speak to him.

As soon as he said that then our supporters have a vested interest in knowing what's happening.

Billy Whizz
29-05-2016, 05:34 PM
Yeah, he was quoted as saying he wanted our manager and would be approaching us to speak to him.

As soon as he said that then our supporters have a vested interest in knowing what's happening.

But Hibs generally don't conduct our business through the papers, Rotherham might, but I do get your point, I'd like to hear officially from Hibs about this alleged approach.
On the other side if it looks like it may be happening, Hibs will be working in the background to find a replacement

Andy74
29-05-2016, 05:41 PM
But Hibs generally don't conduct our business through the papers, Rotherham might, but I do get your point, I'd like to hear officially from Hibs about this alleged approach.
On the other side if it looks like it may be happening, Hibs will be working in the background to find a replacement

Evening News was suggesting Hibs are basically on holiday so no doubt we will hear once people are back and we have responded to Rotherham.

bingo70
29-05-2016, 05:41 PM

We did with scott Allan. It might be we've learned our lesson from last year but to me it looks like we are probably in negotiations with them

HoboHarry
29-05-2016, 05:42 PM
Disagree Billy. Simply stating that he wants AS means nothing if he hasn't even had the good grace to approach Hibs first. I wouldn't expect Hibs to be commenting openly about something that hasn't happened. I also fully expect that LD has, and has had for sometime, a list of targets to allow for a "just-in-case" event.

Waxy
29-05-2016, 05:49 PM
Evening News was suggesting Hibs are basically on holiday so no doubt we will hear once people are back and we have responded to Rotherham.
Dont Hibs usually put out a news item to say Thats Easter Road closed for the summer? Maybe everyones still blootered from the celebrations.

hibsbollah
29-05-2016, 06:01 PM

Hibs - great chance of promotion next season, European qualifiers, chance of more silverware.

Rotherham - aim will be to survive relegation in championship, slim to no chance of making playoffs never mind promotion. Absolutely no chance in domestic trophies.

Stubbs might have his own reasons for wanting to move there. There's no predetermined path to coaching greatness, so it's not fair to question his 'ambition'. In fact I don't really know what this means :dunno: or is just code for managers must constantly move to a club with a perceived bigger profile?

brog
29-05-2016, 06:06 PM
We did with scott Allan. It might be we've learned our lesson from last year but to me it looks like we are probably in negotiations with them

We're not in negotiations, at least we were not by yesterday. The EEN actually has it spot on, contact is expected, LD will ask AS if he's interested & if he is then Rotherham will probably be given permission to speak with him. Even that however is a long way from saying he'll go for the job. Personally I expect AS to stay but he's in a good situation to improve his current contract if he wishes.

Itsnoteasy
29-05-2016, 06:08 PM

Most people would have said that about Leicester last year

chrisski33
29-05-2016, 06:15 PM
As mentioned ld was contacted on fr and has said she will sound out AS to see if interested and that hibs were closed for business this weekend and back to work on monday

HoboHarry
29-05-2016, 06:29 PM
As mentioned ld was contacted on fr and has said she will sound out AS to see if interested and that hibs were closed for business this weekend and back to work on monday
As always with these statements - said who?

West lower
29-05-2016, 06:32 PM

I am not sure what you mean by "it might be we've learned our lesson from last year" with regards Scott Allan. I personally thought we played that one magnificently. Got top dollar from one ugly sister and humiliated the other.

Newcastlehibby
29-05-2016, 06:39 PM

So he has not 'publicly' made contact. He has stated to a newspaper that he intends to make contact.
No at all the same thing.

bingo70
29-05-2016, 06:44 PM
I am not sure what you mean by "it might be we've learned our lesson from last year" with regards Scott Allan. I personally thought we played that one magnificently. Got top dollar from one ugly sister and humiliated the other.

Yes I was happy with the outcome too, I wasn't meaning it as a criticism of the club, more just that they may have decided to do it differently this time round. You always learn from experience and they may have felt it was all too public last year.

bingo70
29-05-2016, 06:46 PM
So he has not 'publicly' made contact. He has stated to a newspaper that he intends to make contact.
No at all the same thing.

All amounts to the same thing in my book. Might not have been an official approach but still warrants a response IMO.

Iggy Pope
29-05-2016, 06:52 PM
Most people would have said that about Leicester last year

Leicester really have been the 'out' on a lot of debates recently. Not at all relevant. EPL club last year, EPL club this year, highly unlikely to be after our manager either year.

Nicho87
29-05-2016, 06:55 PM
Just me that is worries by the silence? Wouls have liked hibs to come out and say stubbs is here and committed to the club etc.

Caversham Green
29-05-2016, 07:04 PM

Interesting that Rotherham made public noises about Scott Allan back then as well. And then about Stubbs back in October/November. Now they claim to have made contact when Hibs are closed for business over the weekend.

It's starting to look political.

edwards
29-05-2016, 07:20 PM
Far to quiet for my liking no one at ER has come out and denied it ok it's the weekend but sure it will all kick of tomorrow sure Dempster and Petrie will be trying to get as much money to splash out on our next manager instead of the usual having to give the likes of Butcher and his side kick Malpas a bung,

Bostonhibby
29-05-2016, 07:24 PM
Interesting that Rotherham made public noises about Scott Allan back then as well. And then about Stubbs back in October/November. Now they claim to have made contact when Hibs are closed for business over the weekend.

maybe they have a "special" relationship with the team formerly known as Glasgow rangers?

Caversham Green
29-05-2016, 08:04 PM
maybe they have a "special" relationship with the team formerly known as Glasgow rangers?

The poor Sevco dears have already been beaten to a pulp by Hibs thugs, so I'm not sure what they would have to gain now unless it's a distraction in their quest for European football. I just remember thinking at the time of the two previous approaches that Rotherham's behaviour didn't seem quite right.

This time they've been talking about making an approach for about a week now but haven't actually done anything until there was no-one there to approach. They've also been saying they'd do it by the book while patently not doing it by the book.

Smells a bit to me.

Bostonhibby
29-05-2016, 09:44 PM
The poor Sevco dears have already been beaten to a pulp by Hibs thugs, so I'm not sure what they would have to gain now unless it's a distraction in their quest for European football. I just remember thinking at the time of the two previous approaches that Rotherham's behaviour didn't seem quite right.

This time they've been talking about making an approach for about a week now but haven't actually done anything until there was no-one there to approach. They've also been saying they'd do it by the book while patently not doing it by the book.

Smells a bit to me.
Could just be an erse of a chairman/owner then?

Forza Fred
29-05-2016, 09:54 PM
Just me that is worries by the silence? Wouls have liked hibs to come out and say stubbs is here and committed to the club etc.

Stubbsie has a strategic plan to get him eventually coaching in the EPLpreferably with Everton

Hibs are but a stepping stone

I repeat If offered the Rotherham job,I think he will go

Hibs silence only tends to reinforce the feeling that he is NOT fully committed to being here next season...the club communication on this one appears to have slipped back to the days when Petriw would communicate with us, .........or more to the point wouldn't

poolman
29-05-2016, 10:03 PM
Stubbsie has a strategic plan to get him eventually coaching in the EPLpreferably with Everton

Hibs silence only tends to reinforce the feeling that he is NOT fully committed to being here next season...the club communication on this one appears to have slipped back to the days when Petriw would communicate with us, .........or more to the point wouldn't

You seem to be well in the know 😴

greenginger
29-05-2016, 10:05 PM

Rotherham FC owner and chairman is Tony Stewart. I had a look at his businesses on Companies House site and there is nothing there that would make you believe he has the resources to personally finance the football club to higher things.

Owns a lighting company t/o £ 9 million , profit £ 500K and a couple of other non-trading companies.

Caversham Green
29-05-2016, 10:24 PM

That's my guess, but I can't say I know much about him - just what greenginger's just posted.

I wouldn't be surprised if Brian McDermott ended up getting the job.

monktonharp
29-05-2016, 10:26 PM
Far to quiet for my liking no one at ER has come out and denied it ok it's the weekend but sure it will all kick of tomorrow sure Dempster and Petrie will be trying to get as much money to splash out on our next manager instead of the usual having to give the likes of Butcher and his side kick Malpas a bung,I worry about you.

J-C
29-05-2016, 10:30 PM
Far to quiet for my liking no one at ER has come out and denied it ok it's the weekend but sure it will all kick of tomorrow sure Dempster and Petrie will be trying to get as much money to splash out on our next manager instead of the usual having to give the likes of Butcher and his side kick Malpas a bung,

And breathe. :confused:

Forza Fred
29-05-2016, 10:39 PM
You seem to be well in the know 

Nope, don't know anymore than anyone else on here, but I think over the years being so far away allows you to see things with less emotion and more objectivity.

Just my reading of events

Gotta go Rodders on the other line....:greengrin

monktonharp
29-05-2016, 10:51 PM
Far to quiet for my liking no one at ER has come out and denied it ok it's the weekend but sure it will all kick of tomorrow sure Dempster and Petrie will be trying to get as much money to splash out on our next manager instead of the usual having to give the likes of Butcher and his side kick Malpas a bung,you must mean, It's far too quiet for your liking that no one at ER has came out and denied it. Ok, it is the weekend but surely it will all kick off tomorrow. Surely, Dempster and Petrie will be trying to get as much money to splash out on our next manger instead of the usual having to give the likes of Butcher and his sidekick Malpas a bung? Personally, I don't see that as a real problem. Hibernian fc, are in a position where they really don't need money to entice a new man to join on the basis of being the new manager.the issue with Butcher and Malpas, was surely a compensation deal to empty them? If Alan Stubbs goes, it will be a reverse scenario. pay up, Rotherham/Bolton/scunny/Blackburn/Fleetwood/forest green/many many more :greengrin

Hi Heid Yin
29-05-2016, 10:51 PM
I'm actually pretty relaxed about this latest development. Alan Stubbs will, I'm sure, make his feelings known to Leeanne Dempster and she in turn will make her feelings known to him.
She, no doubt, would like him to stay, as most of us do.
Should Alan go to Rotherham, or indeed any other club this summer, then he goes with my gratitude and best wishes. He is a Hibs legend irrespective of who he manages next season.
If anything I hope the matter is brought to a quick conclusion. Our club is bigger than any one person and it's important that we establish who in fact will be manager next season.

monktonharp
29-05-2016, 10:57 PM
I'm actually pretty relaxed about this latest development. Alan Stubbs will, I'm sure, make his feelings known to Leeanne Dempster and she in turn will make her feelings known to him.
Should Alan go to Rotherham, or indeed any other club this summer, then he goes with my gratitude and best wishes. He is a Hibs legend irrespective of who he manages next season.
If anything I hope the matter is brought to a quick conclusion. Our club is bigger than any one person and it's important that we establish who in fact will be manager next season.:agree: Stubbs and his background staff have the integrity to make them know what it means to the fans. will be a cquick decision, imho:aok:

Forza Fred
29-05-2016, 10:59 PM
If anything I hope the matter is brought to a quick conclusion. Our club is bigger than any one person and it's important that we establish who in fact will be manager next season.

My views too.

While I certainly don't think that Hibs should respond to every fanciful or otherwise story that the media run with, I do think there is enough legs to this one that the punters could have reasonably expected to hear something from the club...even if that was confirmation of a direct request from Rotherham or a denial that one has been made.

Don't get this...Easter Road was not operating over the weekend stuff and hence no statement".....running a fitba c.ub is a 24 hour 7 day a week job and management are compensated sufficiently for this.

The Kaiser
29-05-2016, 11:18 PM
I always thought he would be away after the final regardless the result. I think he's taken us as far as he can league wise to be fair. Cup result makes him a legend.

Forza Fred
29-05-2016, 11:28 PM
I guess a main problem if Stubbsie goes, is the gap it will cause in the back room department

I think 3? Came with him North and I would imagine he would want to take them with him

It would leave a hectic recruitment period just before the start of the season...unless of course a new manager had ready made replacements that were acceptable to Hibs.

Would hate to see another disjointed preparation..

Lex7zero
30-05-2016, 03:12 AM
Like every Hibby across the land absolutely over the moon we won the cup. However putting that to one side he could not lead us to win the league and we failed miserably in 3rd place. So I take all the above comments and say couldn't care less whether he stays or goes. His tactics were poor and he only made subs once the game was lost. Yup he got lucky in the final thankfully.
He failed to accept Oxley had lost it until most of us that know something about football forced his hand. Stubbs will go if a decent offer comes in and if you look at his failure to put out a side capable of beating really poor championship sides then let's put the cup aside and accept we need a change as much as he needs a move nearer home. Think about it before you wade in boys!!

Forza Fred
30-05-2016, 03:29 AM
Like every Hibby across the land absolutely over the moon we won the cup. However putting that to one side he could not lead us to win the league and we failed miserably in 3rd place. So I take all the above comments and say couldn't care less whether he stays or goes. His tactics were poor and he only made subs once the game was lost. Yup he got lucky in the final thankfully.
He failed to accept Oxley had lost it until most of us that know something about football forced his hand. Stubbs will go if a decent offer comes in and if you look at his failure to put out a side capable of beating really poor championship sides then let's put the cup aside and accept we need a change as much as he needs a move nearer home. Think about it before you wade in boys!!

Stubbsie as a manager is replaceable.as are the players.

Problem I see with any 'new broom' there is inevitable changes, and given only a few weeks to the start of the new season, this may hamper a smooth start to the season,which I suggest we really need.

If I could wave my magic wand, I'd have Stubbsie stay..but I do think it's likely he'll be off and we start a 'new era' again.

jgl07
30-05-2016, 05:49 AM
The days of the 'new broom' are over. Clubs like Hibs cannot afford to clear out the entire coaching staff and half the team every time a Manager (read Head Coach) decides to depart.

Hibs had a real problem with Blobby although he left without having to be paid off, his back room staff hung around like a bad smell. They Mowbray moved in and dithered over offering Riordan a new contract. That enabled him to move to Celtic for peanuts.

I suspect that when Stubbs goes, hopefully at least a year on and to a bigger club than Rotherham, who ever replaces him will have to work within the same structure and use the available resources.

hibs0666
30-05-2016, 06:19 AM

There is nothing to communicate.

Marco G
30-05-2016, 07:06 AM
There is nothing to communicate.
Spot on! LD and the board have shown they are experts at communicating with the fans when there is something that needs said. The fact this has not happened yet means there is nothing needing to be said that would be of benefit to Hibs FC and the fans.

tamig
30-05-2016, 07:25 AM
The days of the 'new broom' are over. Clubs like Hibs cannot afford to clear out the entire coaching staff and half the team every time a Manager (read Head Coach) decides to depart.

Hibs had a real problem with Blobby although he left without having to be paid off, his back room staff hung around like a bad smell. They Mowbray moved in and dithered over offering Riordan a new contract. That enabled him to move to Celtic for peanuts.

I suspect that when Stubbs goes, hopefully at least a year on and to a bigger club than Rotherham, who ever replaces him will have to work within the same structure and use the available resources.
I think that's pretty much it. George Craig runs the football operation now and one of his responsibilities is to ensure a smooth transition in the coaching department. This could be a good test of that model.

Waxy
30-05-2016, 07:34 AM
Rotherham as a stepping stone doesn't sound right at all when you consider the club he's at and what he's just achieved.
He'll go straight to a much bigger club than Rotherham from us.
Ps why are Rotherham annoying us? They annoyed us with Scott Allen last year too.

Colr
30-05-2016, 07:37 AM

Sounds like tapping up through the media. Complaint should be made.

greenginger
30-05-2016, 08:00 AM
Rotherham as a stepping stone doesn't sound right at all when you consider the club he's at and what he's just achieved.
He'll go straight to a much bigger club than Rotherham from us.
Ps why are Rotherham annoying us? They annoyed us with Scott Allen last year too.

You have also got to wonder what made Neil Warnock quit after avoiding relegation.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36323192

Next manager will be the 4th in 8 months, sounds like Vlad back in the good old days.

Anyone with other options should avoid the place.

makaveli1875
30-05-2016, 08:13 AM
You have also got to wonder what made Neil Warnock quit after avoiding relegation.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36323192

Next manager will be the 4th in 8 months, sounds like Vlad back in the good old days.

Anyone with other options should avoid the place.

when he took over hibs he was our 3rd manager in 8 months and we had just been relegated , maybe he likes a challenge :dunno:

greenginger
30-05-2016, 08:37 AM
when he took over hibs he was our 3rd manager in 8 months and we had just been relegated , maybe he likes a challenge :dunno:

Warnock was offered the job, but after 16 games in charge said thanks, but no thanks.

Not as if Warnock is top of anyone else's must get as a manager list, but obviously did not fancy extending his stay in Rotherham.

high bee
30-05-2016, 09:00 AM
Source: http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/rotherham-united/rotherham-united-hibernian-boss-alan-stubbs-the-top-choice-for-millers-1-7936851

Hibernian manager Alan Stubbs has emerged as the No 1 target for Rotherham United as the Millers look to appoint their new boss in the next few days.

Championship Rotherham have confirmed they have asked for permission to speak with Stubbs, and have been waiting over the weekend for the Scottish side to deliver their verdict.

They have also approached another club, believed to be League One Coventry City, with Sky Blues boss Tony Mowbray also said to be in the frame.

But The Star understands that Stubbs is the man they want most.

His odds have dropped to 1/10 in the betting market, with Mowbray at 5/1.

Hibs have been doing no business this weekend, but their chief executive, Leean Dempster, is likely to be speaking with Stubbs to gauge the level of his interest in the vacant hot-seat at AESSEAL New York Stadium.

Stewart, keen to see Rotherham move up the table after two seasons of survival struggle in the Championship, believes he can land either manager as long as their clubs give the green light for dialogue to begin.

“It’s all about moving forward,” he said. “I think if we get permission, the rest would be plain sailing.”

Stubbs - like Mowbray - has a year left on his contracts and compensation would be due to Hibs if they give their consent for talks and the 44-year-old accepted the Millers job.

After interviewing four out-of-work candidates, Rotherham decided to extend their search for a successor to Neil Warnock and Stewart was true to his word that they were ready to try to lure a manager already in a job to New York.

The Millers went through the proper channels on Friday, making official contact with both clubs.

“There are certain protocols and we have always adhered to them,” Stewart said. “There is a right way of doing things. We don’t speak to anyone without permission. I wouldn’t like that to be done to me, so we don’t do it to them".

If progress is relatively smooth, he says the Millers could be in a position to make an announcement on or around Wednesday.

Whoever takes the job, they have a tough act to follow after the departure of Warnock who inspired an 11-match unbeaten run during his three-month reign to keep the Rotherham in the second tier.

Stubbs, in charge at Easter Road for the last two seasons, was close to landing the Millers post when it went to Neil Redfearn last October.

Meanwhile, Rotherham will play a pre-season friendly against Parkgate FC at Roundwood on Saturday July 9 (KO noon).

ekhibee
30-05-2016, 09:09 AM
Warnock was offered the job, but after 16 games in charge said thanks, but no thanks.

Not as if Warnock is top of anyone else's must get as a manager list, but obviously did not fancy extending his stay in Rotherham.
He's 2nd favourite for the Forest job and 3rd favourite for the Blackburn job, I'd say he's pretty wanted myself if the betting's anything to go by. As far as the Rotherham job goes, Warnock is a good manager but he's erratic. He's got a history of either being sacked or resigning from a lot of clubs, and he's renowned for his outbursts. I see what you're saying about the job though, it might not be the step up Stubbs is looking for.

Galahibby
30-05-2016, 09:18 AM
“There are certain protocols and we have always adhered to them,” Stewart said. “There is a right way of doing things."

Like alerting the media before you speak to the clubs in question? Poor form IMO. I would be disappointed if he went there for football reasons. Rothertham? I mean, if they came sniffing after Super John, would AS be advising him to go there? I seriously doubt it. If it's for family reasons though, that's a whole different thing, and I'd be worried he'd probably go.

Waxy
30-05-2016, 09:23 AM
Wow a pre season friendly against parkgate, thatll be a cracker. Next again week they play the dog and duck.

Moulin Yarns
30-05-2016, 10:07 AM
http://boards.footymad.net/rotherhamunited-mad/2109334913/#e3JldZJ5jv2dRSBm.97

Looks like their fans are not impressed :greengrin

FromTheCapital
30-05-2016, 10:36 AM
The big thing is here, if Stubbs goes, he'll take McGinn with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

makaveli1875
30-05-2016, 10:39 AM

stubbs has the lure of his family near by to attract him there ,what would make mcginn want to go to rotherham ?

high bee
30-05-2016, 10:41 AM

He wouldn't be going on the cheap anyway so we would have to cross that bridge when we get there.

FromTheCapital
30-05-2016, 10:45 AM
stubbs has the lure of his family near by to attract him there ,what would make mcginn want to go to rotherham ?

Better league; more money; in the public eye more; loves Stubbs.

J-C
30-05-2016, 10:47 AM

From what i was told his wife loves Edinburgh and his daughter is Uni bound this year with Edinburgh/Napier is her preferred Uni's, I don't know if this may make him think, or indeed if it's true but the source is generally correct.

bingo70
30-05-2016, 11:03 AM
For the Rotherham chairman to say he expects it to be plan sailing and should be appointed on Wednesday I don't believe he's not had some assurances that Stubbs wants the job, may not be from him directly but somebody must have told him he wants it. I just don't think you'd set yourself up for such a public fall unless you're certain.

I also think that this latest statement with the chairman confirming an official approach has been made warrants a public response from us. I'd guess we are spending today trying to persuade him to stay.

high bee
30-05-2016, 11:09 AM
For the Rotherham chairman to say he expects it to be plan sailing and should be appointed on Wednesday I don't believe he's not had some assurances that Stubbs wants the job, may not be from him directly but somebody must have told him he wants it. I just don't think you'd set yourself up for such a public fall unless you're certain.

I also think that this latest statement with the chairman confirming an official approach has been made warrants a public response from us. I'd guess we are spending today trying to persuade him to stay.

To say that, you would expect that he has already had contact with Stubbs and that its all down to permission being given by the club, unless he is judging his comments on the fact Stubbs supposedly interviewed for the job in November.

Viva_Palmeiras
30-05-2016, 11:09 AM

Unless you're playing a game of brinkmanship. Since when were football chairmen grounded and not deemed "out of touch"? We'll see I agree if that's true it's not encouraging - I hope Stubbs stays. But I don't begrudge him a move this one tho?! I know what it's like to be apart from family. Maybe Doolans father passing hasn't index him life is too short

Marco G
30-05-2016, 11:15 AM

I also think that this latest statement with the chairman confirming an official approach has been made warrants a public response from us. I'd guess we are spending today trying to persuade him to stay. All he said was that if he got permission to speak to "both managers" he hoped he could make an announcement on Wednesday. Sounds like a load of guff to me. This is a club that has a ground with 12000 capacity, seldom filled, and a wage bill not much more than Alan Stubbs's current budget. It is more likely to be going downwards than upwards.