PDA

View Full Version : Putting your finger on it...

Viva_Palmeiras
26-05-2016, 06:21 AM
Many a Hibee couldn't quite put their finger on it on the eve of greatness it felt different - there was something in the air. We now know that the feelings experienced and some sleepless nights were because it really was our fate our destiny calling.

Now we know what it feels like before, during and after.

I'd just like to thank and make a couple of observations.

Myself, Mr White, his son & cousin arrived about 1 hr before KO. Pre-match the crowd was understandably, apprehensive quiet.

A couple of things but one in particular changed it and provided the catalyst, set the tone which the Hibee faithful maintained throughout.

First the drum and singing section - broke the ice and we all stepped up to the plate. But for me a great credit goes to the choice of I'm On My Way. We completely blew away The Rangers at that moment, found our voice set the tone. Confidence grew from there and must have transmitted to the players we're here and with them.

Now that's Magic.

Btw what the hell 60s throwback did they choose?

We're so fortunate that in The Proclaimers we really have a number of stonking tunes to choose from. What greater compliment for them their tunes are with us now and forever.

jaba1875
26-05-2016, 08:42 AM
Slightly different, but the day after the game I checked my bank account to see the damage... £18.75 left. That somehow made me smile!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jacomo
26-05-2016, 08:52 AM
Wasn't in Edinburgh for the week leading up to the final, but it seemed to me that the disappointment following the Falkirk game was put to bed very quickly.

Instead of wallowing in self-pity, most fans seemed determined to look ahead and back the team. Great atmosphere ahead of the game.

Of course, huge credit due to Stubbs and his team, who got the players in exactly the right frame of mind.

Hannah_hfc
26-05-2016, 11:28 AM
Many a Hibee couldn't quite put their finger on it on the eve of greatness it felt different - there was something in the air. We now know that the feelings experienced and some sleepless nights were because it really was our fate our destiny calling.

Now we know what it feels like before, during and after.

I'd just like to thank and make a couple of observations.

Myself, Mr White, his son & cousin arrived about 1 hr before KO. Pre-match the crowd was understandably, apprehensive quiet.

A couple of things but one in particular changed it and provided the catalyst, set the tone which the Hibee faithful maintained throughout.

First the drum and singing section - broke the ice and we all stepped up to the plate. But for me a great credit goes to the choice of I'm On My Way. We completely blew away The Rangers at that moment, found our voice set the tone. Confidence grew from there and must have transmitted to the players we're here and with them.

Now that's Magic.

Btw what the hell 60s throwback did they choose?

We're so fortunate that in The Proclaimers we really have a number of stonking tunes to choose from. What greater compliment for them their tunes are with us now and forever.

Their song was Penny Arcade which I've heard being played at Ibrox on away games! Its a pretty dire song tbh

Don't know who chose I'm on my Way for Hibs but great choice! It just felt like a party in the Hibs end before the game even kicked off.

Good post!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Leith Mo
26-05-2016, 11:35 AM
[QUOTE=Hannah_hfc;4707111]Their song was Penny Arcade which I've heard being played at Ibrox on away games! Its a pretty dire song tbh

Their choice of "Penny Arcade" (and more importantly the SFA for playing it) should be condemned as it also is used in Sectarian circles to "celebrate" the murder of a Catholic priest in a Belfast amusement arcade during the Troubles despite numerous protestations to the contrary.

Geo_1875
26-05-2016, 11:49 AM
Their song was Penny Arcade which I've heard being played at Ibrox on away games! Its a pretty dire song tbh

Their choice of "Penny Arcade" (and more importantly the SFA for playing it) should be condemned as it also is used in Sectarian circles to "celebrate" the murder of a Catholic priest in a Belfast amusement arcade during the Troubles despite numerous protestations to the contrary.

You mean the Ibrox Boardroom don't you?

26-05-2016, 11:53 AM
Slightly different, but the day after the game I checked my bank account to see the damage... £18.75 left. That somehow made me smile!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The day before, i left work and went across the road to the shop to get a few bits and pieces (pre cup final beers etc) and the total was £19.02 I kid you not lol!

Hannah_hfc
26-05-2016, 12:32 PM

Didn't realise that, confirms what we all know in that everything surrounding that football club is absolutely vile.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk