PDA

View Full Version : The Sectarian Singing

Irish_Steve
25-05-2016, 10:25 PM
Is there anything to stop us individually contact Police Scotland to complain about the sectarian singing? If enough of us do it, surely it can`t be swept under the carpet - again!

Has anyone ever tried to do this and achieved anything?

GordonHFC
25-05-2016, 10:28 PM
Someone should send Police Scotland an FOI request asking how many people have been arrested for singing sectarian songs at The Rangers games. I'm sure it would be an interesting response.

GreenLake
25-05-2016, 10:42 PM
Someone should send Police Scotland an FOI request asking how many people have been arrested for singing sectarian songs at The Rangers games. I'm sure it would be an interesting response.

Probably a few of their own singing off duty.

truehibernian
25-05-2016, 10:45 PM
I'm more interested to know how many Scottish media, who reportedly witnessed assaults, have provided full statements to the police ?

Can anyone from here get an answer to that - anyone media based that can ask around ? If not, why not ? Surely if you report that you've witnessed assaults you have a moral duty to report it ?

Slicer
25-05-2016, 10:47 PM
They're still investigating this from January.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35252738

Captain Trips
25-05-2016, 10:48 PM
I'm more interested to know how many Scottish media, who reportedly witnessed assaults, have provided full statements to the police ?

Can anyone from here get an answer to that - anyone media based that can ask around ? If not, why not ? Surely if you report that you've witnessed assaults you have a moral duty to report it ?

They cant as their story will fold after about 2 questions.

Irish_Steve
25-05-2016, 10:52 PM
They're still investigating this from January.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35252738

Well, it wasn`t a minority of fans this time but I hold my breath in hope that anything will actually happen - same goes for their odious twins in the East of Glasgow

davidw
25-05-2016, 10:54 PM
Well, it wasn`t a minority of fans this time but I hold my breath in hope that anything will actually happen - same goes for their odious twins in the East of Glasgow

Er.. it wasn't a 'minority' then either. There were 40,000 singing them.

truehibernian
25-05-2016, 10:54 PM
They cant as their story will fold after about 2 questions.

They should be challenged why they're not assisting with enquiries C - they've been super quick to allege - why not report to police ? If they have, fair play, if not they need challenged as to why not !

Lancs Harp
25-05-2016, 10:58 PM
Do Rangers have any songs that are actually related to football?

Captain Trips
25-05-2016, 11:06 PM

You could write a list of their football songs on the back of a stamp with a 6" paint brush.

The Harp Awakes
25-05-2016, 11:15 PM

Nope.

Bostonhibby
25-05-2016, 11:16 PM
Is there anything to stop us individually contact Police Scotland to complain about the sectarian singing? If enough of us do it, surely it can`t be swept under the carpet - again!

Has anyone ever tried to do this and achieved anything?
Yes. You will get put straight through to their crack anti sectarian singing hot line team. Ray Allen and his ventriloquist dummy Lord Charles. Sadly since Ray died Charles has struggled a bit, but he's a good listener, unless he's at a the rangers game obviously.

GreenLake
26-05-2016, 12:13 AM
The best way to stop them is to explain to the rest of the world what the meaning of their lyrics are and publish it online. Eventually the SFA will be shamed into confronting it.

SanFranHibs
26-05-2016, 12:21 AM

Follow follow? Tenuous maybe

Keith_M
26-05-2016, 07:11 AM
Follow follow? Tenuous maybe

"...Dundee, Hamilton,
even to the Vatican"

I'm_cabbaged
26-05-2016, 07:13 AM
"...Dundee, Hamilton,
even to the Vatican"

Even to the Vatican????? Come on, we all no what they actually sing

Keith_M
26-05-2016, 07:15 AM

OK, that's the sanitised version of the song

:wink:

I'm_cabbaged
26-05-2016, 07:28 AM
Know even 🙄

Toldo123
26-05-2016, 07:42 PM
We are the people lol

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Gordy M
26-05-2016, 07:53 PM
I think you would be surprised......just because its not reported doesnt mean it doesnt happen.

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-05-2016, 08:19 PM
The question still needs to be asked and if the Rangers position is that they cannot be held responsible for the actions of their fans then the second question is why they expect it from other teams.

GlesgaeHibby
26-05-2016, 09:05 PM

Aberdeen and back again? :wink:

Caversham Green
26-05-2016, 09:13 PM

There's one about darts.

Wee arrow people.

Irish_Steve
29-05-2016, 08:01 PM
Well, I eventually got round to putting a request in. I simply asked "Could you please inform me as to how many supporters were arrested for singing sectarian songs at the Scottish Cup Final on 21st May"

I`ll keep you posted if I get any replies - here`s the email address - foi@scotland.pnn.police.uk

Sir David Gray
29-05-2016, 08:23 PM

They used to have that one about Warburton and his magic hat but had to stop singing it after last Saturday.

Something to do with the Trade Descriptions Act apparently.

29-05-2016, 08:25 PM

Not really no, any football song has been turned into some sort of bigotry. Unless it contains some sort of bigoted message then they aren't interested.

Vile vile institution

brog
29-05-2016, 09:36 PM
They used to have that one about Warburton and his magic hat but had to stop singing it after last Saturday.

Something to do with the Trade Descriptions Act apparently.

That's why the media got so excited about the magic hat, they could finally talk about a Sevco song that wasn't foul & sectarian. They believed this was a unique song, ignoring the fact that English teams had been singing it for decades.
Anyway, " Mark's Hat Was Broken "on Saturday!

JimBHibees
30-05-2016, 09:18 AM
The question still needs to be asked and if the Rangers position is that they cannot be held responsible for the actions of their fans then the second question is why they expect it from other teams.

Its not Rangers position that they cannot be held responsible the clubs voted against strict liability so that clubs arent held responsible for the actions of the fans if they have done all they could. Potentially that will help Hibs in the case of the final however personally think it should be in place as it allows footballing authorities to ignore it which is the most shameful thing.

green day
30-05-2016, 10:05 AM
Its not Rangers position that they cannot be held responsible the clubs voted against strict liability so that clubs arent held responsible for the actions of the fans if they have done all they could. Potentially that will help Hibs in the case of the final however personally think it should be in place as it allows footballing authorities to ignore it which is the most shameful thing.

Amusingly, I think we will dodge a huge bullet for the cup final, due to no strict liability. Perhaps there will be a push for it now, but won't hurt us !

johnbc70
30-05-2016, 10:12 AM
Amusingly, I think we will dodge a huge bullet for the cup final, due to no strict liability. Perhaps there will be a push for it now, but won't hurt us !

Actually I don't see how they can fine us at all, what more could Hibs have done at the final whistle to stop the invasion. Had more Stewards? Not our responsibility. Had more police in the ground? Not our responsibility.

It was the SFAs responsibility as it was on their ground! Maybe they can fine themselves and just owe themselves the money?

Moulin Yarns
30-05-2016, 10:32 AM
Regulation 33 suggest we are liable or the damage

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/SFAPublications/ScottishFAPublications2012-13/SFA_HANDBOOK_169-200_Cup_Competition_Rules.pdf

33. Disorderly Conduct

The clubs are responsible for the behaviour of their players, officials, members, supporters and
any person carrying out a function at a match on their behalf.
In the event of damage being sustained to a stadium where a tie in the Competition is played as a

consequence of misbehaviour by a player, official, member, supporters, or any other person acting

on behalf of or associated with a club, then that club shall be responsible for any costs arising in
the reparation of same.
The Scottish FA shall have the power to request such reports as may be necessary in determining
responsibility for restitution and may additionally through the Judicial Panel impose upon any
club a censure, fine, ejection from the Competition or suspension if, in the opinion of the Judicial
Panel, a stadium is the subject of damage by that club’s representatives or those associated with it
(Rule 6 refers).
The provisions of this Rule 33 are without prejudice to the terms of Article 28, which apply to
clubs in the context of their participation in the Competition. Any infringement of that Article
also can lead to serious sanctions as set out in the Articles of Association and/or the Judicial Panel
Protocol including ejection from the Competition.

30-05-2016, 10:48 AM
Actually I don't see how they can fine us at all, what more could Hibs have done at the final whistle to stop the invasion. Had more Stewards? Not our responsibility. Had more police in the ground? Not our responsibility.

It was the SFAs responsibility as it was on their ground! Maybe they can fine themselves and just owe themselves the money?

Hmm that sounds familiar :hmmm::greengrin

NadeAteMyLunch!
30-05-2016, 11:14 AM
Even their 'football' songs have been edited over the years to become sectarian. Follow follow, now sectarian. Simply the best, now sectarian. When you can turn a ****ing Tina Turner pop tune into a sectarian song then it shows how deep rooted it is. It's not just old 'classics' either. They only signed Halliday last summer yet the song for him is sectarian. They are utterly vile and so is our SFA for allowing it.

30-05-2016, 11:19 AM
Even their 'football' songs have been edited over the years to become sectarian. Follow follow, now sectarian. Simply the best, now sectarian. When you can turn a ****ing Tina Turner pop tune into a sectarian song then it shows how deep rooted it is. It's not just old 'classics' either. They only signed Halliday last summer yet the song for him is sectarian. They are utterly vile and so is our SFA for allowing it.

Exactly. As I said, unless it contains at least a line or two of sectarianism then they simply aren't interested.

The rangers fan group statement last year claiming they were singing "up to our knees in EBT's" was hilarious. Another comical statement that they've came out with.