PDA

View Full Version : Sturgeon

Delboy*
25-05-2016, 10:04 PM
Good wee response from Sturgeon on Scotland tonight. Posed about her quick congrats to Hibs and lack of condemnation to the trouble n she said that theres a world of difference between congratulating a team that won the cup after 114 years and condemning the unacceptable behaviour of some of the fans.
also said that it was some of THE fans, which means, Yeh news Flash, Some Hibs, Some Rangers. She also made it clear that the vast majority fans do behave.
Good on u lass. It was even the way she responded, as if to say och get a grip man!!!

steakbake
25-05-2016, 10:05 PM
It shows you the strength of Rangers minded media that she was even asked.

High-On-Hibs
25-05-2016, 10:11 PM
The sheer bile and hatred over on The Rangers Media regarding Sturgeon. Needless to say, they won't have much love for their future queen. :wink:

hibsbollah
25-05-2016, 10:13 PM
Lunacy that she was even forced to respond to that Rangers joke of a press release. Which journo/outlet are we talking about?

BroxburnHibee
25-05-2016, 10:14 PM
How did she ever win the Govan seat :greengrin

RoYO!
25-05-2016, 10:16 PM
I'm not an snp man but she's growing on me! ;)

Finn2015
25-05-2016, 10:16 PM
Probably will get it thick from the Internet loyal for some time to come

High-On-Hibs
25-05-2016, 10:17 PM

I believe there's a major element of folk in Govan who don't even know how to hold a pen, let alone put a cross in a box. (Much like the Rangers)

cabbageandribs1875
25-05-2016, 10:26 PM
well said Nicola sturgeon :aok: always say what right minded decent normal people would expect yi tae say...never EVER bow to the utter filth that is ibrox

Rangers hit out at First Minister Nicola Sturgeon (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-36355559) for tweeting her congratulations to Hibs without making any reference to the disorder which followed the match.

JJP
25-05-2016, 10:35 PM
Oh my word. They actually asked her that!? :faf:

macd123
25-05-2016, 10:41 PM
It shows you the strength of Rangers minded media that she was even asked.

I know. I must admit I'm surprised she hasn't been to visit the Rangers players in hospital either.

steakbake
25-05-2016, 11:01 PM
I know. I must admit I'm surprised she hasn't been to visit the Rangers players in hospital either.

Questions must be asked about whether her position is tenable.

Bostonhibby
25-05-2016, 11:11 PM
Maybe she managed to spot that high spirited fellows from the the rangers end were carrying out some violent assaults not to mention the disturbing footage of the seizing of the child?

Suppose she could have been waiting for all the evidence supporting the many alleged assaults on the the rangers players before jumping to any conclusions?

There's always the vague possibility that she's got a downer on the zombie fans because one of them was filmed hitting a horse.

SanFranHibs
26-05-2016, 12:25 AM
I believe there's a major element of folk in Govan who don't even know how to hold a pen, let alone put a cross in a box. (Much like the Rangers)

Surprised Kenny miller is not on the chopping block for entering the hibs dressing room to congratulate every Hibs player.

monktonharp
26-05-2016, 12:33 AM
Questions must be asked about whether her position is tenable.excuse me, don't mention her position. tenable in Govan might mean a totally different position, in bed

iwasthere1972
26-05-2016, 01:24 AM

I can only guess that the majority of the Huns thought that it was dinner order, saw Sturgeon, and put their signature (=a big fat X) next to it. Mr Chips who was the Labour candidate came a close second.

Basildon Hibs
26-05-2016, 01:48 AM

Govan, believe it or not, is actually a big Celtic/Tim area. Just like Bridegton is a big Hun enclave in the East end of the Weege.:agree:

Dr Jimmy
26-05-2016, 06:16 AM
Questions must be asked about whether her position is tenable.

The only tenable Sevco should be worried about is Celtic's league wins!

MurrayfieldHibs
26-05-2016, 06:38 AM
She is a top politician she has the balls to stand up to these so called "journalists".

:greengrin

theonlywayisup
26-05-2016, 06:42 AM
Govan, believe it or not, is actually a big Celtic/Tim area. Just like Bridegton is a big Hun enclave in the East end of the Weege.:agree:

Is that true? Never seen evidence of Bridegton being a big The Hun enclave whenever I've been there.

Finn2015
26-05-2016, 07:20 AM
I'm sure there are Celtic fans in bridgeton, I think the problem is that there are pubs there which are hard or staunch loyalist dens. Not sure about govan

Dashing Bob S
26-05-2016, 07:23 AM
Is that true? Never seen evidence of Bridegton being a big The Hun enclave whenever I've been there.

The 'we are the Brickton (Bridgeton) Billy Boys' refrain in the odious 'Hello, Hello' song should give you a clue.

Less so now with redevelopment, but still a strong hard-core (ie: fascist/racist/loyalist/ulster) Hun presence.

Joe6-2
26-05-2016, 07:24 AM
I'm not an snp man but she's growing on me! ;)

If your not snp, surely it's not in the other sense?!😂😂

Keith_M
26-05-2016, 07:26 AM

The Billy Boys is a song based on a Loyalist gang from that area, 'The Brigton Billy Boys'.

It was traditionally a 'Protestant' area of town and still has lots of Rangers Pubs. Obviously that level of segregation's been diluted quite a bit over the years.

MB62
26-05-2016, 08:05 AM

Yep, the two grounds seem to have been built in the opposite place from where their fan base is.

JeMeSouviens
26-05-2016, 09:40 AM

I used to live up the road in Dennistoun. It's pretty mixed, but the area around Bridgeton cross and up to Duke St is a bit of a focus of local hunnery. The orange walks have to be seen (and heard) to be believed. Talk about the ugly (and cimplene bedecked) side of Scotland. :rolleyes:

livi hibs 1875
26-05-2016, 09:44 AM
Yes it's very true , worked in Brigeton fixing heating in the council estates, some nice people and some not so nice people there, but nearly 90% of the houses you go in there is union jacks red hands draping over the livingroom . And a stones throw from there enemy . Was hard to work it out but very true.

greenginger
26-05-2016, 09:51 AM

http://brigton-glesjack.blogspot.co.uk/2008/04/billy-fullerton-and-bridgeton-brigton.html

" we are the Brig'ton Billy Boys " ...... you must know the song.

AndyM_1875
26-05-2016, 10:12 AM
I used to live up the road in Dennistoun. It's pretty mixed, but the area around Bridgeton cross and up to Duke St is a bit of a focus of local hunnery. The orange walks have to be seen (and heard) to be believed. Talk about the ugly (and cimplene bedecked) side of Scotland. :rolleyes:

I've never understood any of that stuff ever, the orange walks and so on.
No idea what the big deal is. It always came over to me as just utterly lame and divisive crap.

Jamesie
26-05-2016, 11:47 AM
The sheer bile and hatred over on The Rangers Media regarding Sturgeon. Needless to say, they won't have much love for their future queen. :wink:

The irony is that Sturgeon is a Rangers fan!

JeMeSouviens
26-05-2016, 12:08 PM
I've never understood any of that stuff ever, the orange walks and so on.
No idea what the big deal is. It always came over to me as just utterly lame and divisive crap.

Me neither. The big Saturday before the 12th one is quite intimidating though.

ChrissyG1875
26-05-2016, 01:15 PM
My mum's from the east end of Glasgow and she told me when she was in church the orange march would stop outside and play as loud as they could to wind everybody up

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Smiggy 7-0
26-05-2016, 01:46 PM
WE ARE THE HIBERNAN FAMILY

Religion or colour does not matter to us

It does to them big time.

ekhibee
26-05-2016, 03:20 PM
Bridgeton has ALWAYS been a Rangers stronghold, big time.

26-05-2016, 03:29 PM
Probably will get it thick from the Internet loyal for some time to come

Oh yes the many hun keyboard warriors on twitter hiding behind names like WATP etc instead of actual names

26-05-2016, 03:31 PM
My mum's from the east end of Glasgow and she told me when she was in church the orange march would stop outside and play as loud as they could to wind everybody up

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I watched a documentary a while back and they had deliberatly timed their march so it passed the church during mass. They stopped outside and cranked up the noise.

****bags

ian cruise
26-05-2016, 03:33 PM

Live not v too far, trust me it definitely is. Pubs with pictures of Rangers players and/or UVF murals on Wall when you go in. Not pleasant at all.

Since90+2
26-05-2016, 03:33 PM
Original lyrics to the Billy Boys was "We are the Bridgeton Billy Boys" so its about as much of a Rangers area as you can get.

JeMeSouviens
26-05-2016, 03:45 PM
Original lyrics to the Billy Boys was "We are the Bridgeton Billy Boys" so its about as much of a Rangers area as you can get.

Brigton Derry Boys actually. No idea why.

xyz23jc
26-05-2016, 04:04 PM
Brigton Derry Boys actually. No idea why.

Couple of missing chromosomes or something of that nature!:greengrin

Bostonhibby
26-05-2016, 05:51 PM
Bridgeton has ALWAYS been a Rangers stronghold, big time.
How can they be doing all that guarding of derrys walls they sing about if they are actually skulking about bridgeton? It's a different country FFS.

The Baldmans Comb
26-05-2016, 06:16 PM

Oh for goodness sake. She supports Ayr Utd along with all family especially her father.

A very able politician and highly impressive first minister.

MickeyEdwards
26-05-2016, 06:32 PM
She is a top politician she has the balls to stand up to these so called "journalists".

:greengrin

Hadn't realised that you had a good sense of humour! :greengrin

The_Sauz
26-05-2016, 07:54 PM
Not sure about that, but I know Leeann Dempster was as a youngster :agree:
NS did say on her twitter feed, that her husband was a big Hibs fan, same as Kezia Dugdale :thumbsup:

Renfrew_Hibby
26-05-2016, 10:34 PM
Oh for goodness sake. She supports Ayr Utd along with all family especially her father.

A very able politician and highly impressive first minister.

I can assure you she is indeed an Ayr fan, I'm from Ayr origionally and she is a defo AUFC, married to a Hibby.

O'Rourke3
26-05-2016, 11:02 PM
Last time I had to wait in Glasgow for an Orange March to pass was one through Brigton. I just wanted to accelerate my car through them, a little like Jake,Elwood and the Nazis. In the car I had my in-laws from England asking what was this all about then....Cue much swearing!

High-On-Hibs
26-05-2016, 11:06 PM
NS did say on her twitter feed, that her husband was a big Hibs fan

:thumbsup:

same as Kezia Dugdale

:boo hoo:

monktonharp
26-05-2016, 11:31 PM
At the risk of being charged as a bigot on here, I was visiting my auld Ma, in Mussie...Rothesay Place to be precise about 8 years ago and I got the bus. Got off at Grandison's garage and walked doon. saw a big bus parked half on the pavement. A nice early summer evening and had my Hibs top on. when I turned into my auld duch's street I was met by a wall off Orange supporting folk watching an Orange band limbering up for a march.! I knew nowt about this happening, and had to get through this mob, to see my Ma. 2 polis in front as they screamed at me get yer Hibees ower here ya fenian bassa etc just as I got into my Ma's stair.No action from the police!!!! then, when I spoke to my mum, she said they've been doing this for years! she was brought up catholic, and was convinced they'd targeted her but when I made discreet enquiries to huns I know, there response was that an auld grand master of the lodge stayed in the next stair that's why they limbered up there. total disgrace that this sheite still goes on in our society.

Baader
26-05-2016, 11:46 PM
They are idiots. Knuckledraggers. I remember years ago a Hun in The Artisan after a match making a comment about me as was in with my scarf on supping a Guinness having been at the game. Took him to task and asked him where The Boyne, which he referenced several times, actually is.. His reply was Holland. Enough said. Too thick to even argue with. All you can do is laugh at them.

norhfc
27-05-2016, 12:13 AM
People have to realize this clubs supporters are not just football fans, in their heads they are supporting white, Protestant right wing loyalty to Queen and country. That's way above any loyalty to Scotland or Scottish football, they also have the vast majority of the media backing them. About time this was exposed.

High-On-Hibs
27-05-2016, 06:20 AM
People have to realize this clubs supporters are not just football fans, in their heads they are supporting white, Protestant right wing loyalty to Queen and country. That's way above any loyalty to Scotland or Scottish football, they also have the vast majority of the media backing them. About time this was exposed.

It's already exposed. It's out there in plain sight. People are just either too blind or don't care enough to notice it.

James.
27-05-2016, 06:35 AM

Sturgeon is an Ayr United fan as are most of her family down here.