PDA

View Full Version : Golden Era

Nakedmanoncrack
25-05-2016, 08:39 PM
It's fair to say that the last decade has been a turbulent one for Hibs, little over a week ago I walked away from Falkirk stadium reflecting on how after 2 seasons out of the top league the club had reached a new low.

A week later and the best day of my 38 yrs of watching Hibs!

It's only 9 years since the league cup win, which means that we have won two trophies in much quicker succession than the historical norm.

In fact only once in our history have we equalled or bettered 2 trophys in a decade (3 league titles for FF in post war years).

So bizarrely, utterly grim though much of it has been - it's something of a golden era in terms of silverware! There are also another 2 SC runners up & a LC runners up in that period as well.

hibs#1
25-05-2016, 08:48 PM
It's fair to say that the last decade has been a turbulent one for Hibs, little over a week ago I walked away from Falkirk stadium reflecting on how after 2 seasons out of the top league the club had reached a new low.

A week later and the best day of my 38 yrs of watching Hibs!

It's only 9 years since the league cup win, which means that we have won two trophies in much quicker succession than the historical norm.

In fact only once in our history have we equalled or bettered 2 trophys in a decade (3 league titles for FF in post war years).

So bizarrely, utterly grim though much of it has been - it's something of a golden era in terms of silverware! There are also another 2 SC runners up & a LC runners up in that period as well.

I think we can use this a catalyst to to on to more success we've had a bit of bad luck at times in the last couple of years since butcher got binned but generally we've won alot of games and got far in the cup competitions
With the setup we have no now I believe we can keep competing with the best in scotland and win.more silver wear