PDA

View Full Version : The ref

1987kev
25-05-2016, 07:34 PM
It's no often a ref gets praised on here but well done on the first goal for allowing the play to go on.

adhibs
25-05-2016, 07:41 PM
At the game i thought he was brutal. On watching it back i thought her was very good, got nearly everything correct. Just shows how geting caught up in the emotions clouds judgement.

Onceinawhile
25-05-2016, 08:20 PM
At the game i thought he was brutal. On watching it back i thought her was very good, got nearly everything correct. Just shows how geting caught up in the emotions clouds judgement.

Thought exactly the same.

He had a good game, but I was calling him everything under the sun at hampden.

stantonhibby
25-05-2016, 08:22 PM
Thought exactly the same.

He had a good game, but I was calling him everything under the sun at hampden.

Snap

Eaststandee
25-05-2016, 08:26 PM
I was thinking the same today he done a fine job, and I never come away from a game thinking that these days. He could have easily booked Gray for celebrating with the fans as well but he used common sense.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

GreenNWhiteArmy
25-05-2016, 08:27 PM

I was exactly the same. Felt like he was favouring rangers wi most 50/50s? Watched the game back about 10 times now though and have to say he had a pretty good game.

That decision at the end to give us the free kick was outstanding

Carheenlea
25-05-2016, 08:29 PM
What did he give the free kick to Hibs for in the final seconds of the game when it looked at first it had went the way of Rangers? Such relief, as a launched ball into our box with every Hun up would have simply been torture!

lyonhibs
25-05-2016, 08:33 PM
Great performance from the ref. Some daft thread on here after the officials were announced saying "just give the cup to Rangers"

I can't really remember much he did wrong, and he was the one who blew that final whistle and for that I'll always think he's a fine chap.

Caversham Green
25-05-2016, 08:44 PM
Yes, the ref was very good.

Actually it was a terrific game of football. Both sides played hard but fair, no playacting and the only dives I remember were Cummings early on and Waghorn when Lewis nearly touched his back. 5 very good goals and numerous changes of the lead. Coming from two lower league sides it was a great advert for Scottish football.

Maybe that's what our sports "journalists" should be writing about instead of dancing to Traynor's increasingly demented tune.

hibby6270
25-05-2016, 08:46 PM
What did he give the free kick to Hibs for in the final seconds of the game when it looked at first it had went the way of Rangers? Such relief, as a launched ball into our box with every Hun up would have simply been torture!

I've watched it a few times and still not 100% sure. Who cares though.:greengrin
Only thing it could be was a high boot because he gave an indirect free kick. Think that's what confused everyone by the way he had his hand raised. Even the players thought it had gone the Huns way.

Marco G
25-05-2016, 09:21 PM
I thought it was an offside flagged before he was going to give them a free kick, he noticed it and gave the offside. I thought he had a great match, meaning fair and even, and I have not seen many refs as good this season !

SunshineOnLeith
25-05-2016, 09:23 PM

Think it was offside in the end.

HibeesLA
25-05-2016, 09:27 PM
Think it was offside in the end.

Think so too. It was certainly an indirect free kick he gave (arm raised to indicate).

I was critical as well during the game, but having watched it back, he let the players battle it out, and it was good to see. Only 2 cautions in a game like that was remarkable, but again showed that good communication with players from the officials and respect to let them play can result in a good game of football.

mikewynne
25-05-2016, 09:31 PM
I was thinking the same today he done a fine job, and I never come away from a game thinking that these days. He could have easily booked Gray for celebrating with the fans as well but he used common sense.

He did book Gray for the celebration (DG said he apologised for doing so) but I agree, I thought he was very good.

Eaststandee
25-05-2016, 09:37 PM
He did book Gray for the celebration (DG said he apologised for doing so) but I agree, I thought he was very good.
Ah really? I checked soccerway right after and it still says no booking. Maybe just that site though.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160525/12df1e5affda1a5932985159d35cba3e.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160525/7dddfbe1d3a0674bad62fee1634e760d.jpg

NadeAteMyLunch!
25-05-2016, 09:53 PM
Gray was defo booked. Thought the ref had a great game for a change. Compare that to some games this season(and last few seasons!) The free kick at the end was for a high boot from Halliday was it not? Halliday was booked.

Jamesie
25-05-2016, 10:01 PM
Thought Fyvie's booking was well worth it in the long term given the challenge led to Zelalem - who was their most influential player iMHO - being subbed.

h18eeynick
25-05-2016, 10:02 PM
Gray was defo booked. Thought the ref had a great game for a change. Compare that to some games this season(and last few seasons!) The free kick at the end was for a high boot from Halliday was it not? Halliday was booked.

Yeah during game I thought Rangers got everything but turning down penalty claim and that free kick in our favour at end of the game made up for any previus decsions. Also when Fyfie won the corner for the winner by letting the ball run out could have gone against us as the rangers player was raging about decision !

RoYO!
25-05-2016, 10:03 PM
Was quite a clean game with not many players giving the ref hassle.

Compare that to Falkirk....

Eyrie
25-05-2016, 10:05 PM
What's this about a penalty claim?

We wouldn't have demanded a penalty had Stokes slid on his knees after a ball that had already gone out of play, so there wasn't anything for the referee to consider.

McLean had an excellent game and his willingness to let the game flow contributed to a very good game of football.

Dr Jimmy
25-05-2016, 11:48 PM
The ref had a great game.

Not booking Stokes for his early barge into Holt, as that could have led to a load of cards.

The advantage he played just before the 1st goal was excellent refereeing. Excellent decision 😀😀😀

The free kick at the end, took away any chance Sevco had of punting it into the mix.

Ref done really well.

matty_f
25-05-2016, 11:57 PM
I thought he gave every 50/50 their way and missed a couple of fouls on Hibs players. Watched it again (once or twice) and would agree that he had a good game and refereed it well.

GreenLake
26-05-2016, 12:10 AM
I thought he gave more to them but not as bad as usual. The commentator on GolTV who had the USA rights agreed. I have watched the replay several times and I still think Rangers got the best of the run of the mill decisions such that we had a slight headwind. It was no where near as bad as usual. The way we played and the chances we had could have resulted in a hammering for them.

In conclusion, this was close the the best refereeing performance of the season. Or the least bad.

I like him in a Stockholm syndrome kind of way.