PDA

View Full Version : Season Tickets For Next Year - What More Do You Want?

My_Wife_Camille
25-05-2016, 01:58 PM
Guys, this isn't a thread for slagging people off, name calling or pointing fingers. It's a genuine question which might be able to help in getting Easter Road packed for next season.

The club is in a strange place right now where I am like say that it is literally just experienced its lowest point in 141 years having finished 3rd in the second tier.

At the same time though, the club and its supporters is currently experiencing probably its biggest ever high and we have the potential to ride a wave of positivity that probably hasn't been as strong in those same 141 years (apart from maybe the Mercer fiasco).

This buzz really can give us a platform to push on and put the last 10 years behind us. Filling Easter Road (at least the 3 home stands) would be an excellent start.

If you haven't got a season ticket yet, what will it take to get you to get one?

SlickShoes
25-05-2016, 02:03 PM
Just don't have enough space in the budget to fit in £380 plus travel. Maybe I actually will over the course of the year but can't tell until other things pan out, so I'll continue to pay at the gate or just go to the away games that are closest to where I live and I can get to easier.

My_Wife_Camille
25-05-2016, 02:08 PM
Just don't have enough space in the budget to fit in £380 plus travel. Maybe I actually will over the course of the year but can't tell until other things pan out, so I'll continue to pay at the gate or just go to the away games that are closest to where I live and I can get to easier.
Payment plan back up and running if that is of any use mate!

hfcnic
25-05-2016, 02:11 PM
Wonder how many we have sold since Saturday?

Pete
25-05-2016, 02:18 PM
Guys, this isn't a thread for slagging people off, name calling or pointing fingers. It's a genuine question which might be able to help in getting Easter Road packed for next season.

The club is in a strange place right now where I am like say that it is literally just experienced its lowest point in 141 years having finished 3rd in the second tier.

At the same time though, the club and its supporters is currently experiencing probably its biggest ever high and we have the potential to ride a wave of positivity that probably hasn't been as strong in those same 141 years (apart from maybe the Mercer fiasco).

This buzz really can give us a platform to push on and put the last 10 years behind us. Filling Easter Road (at least the 3 home stands) would be an excellent start.

If you haven't got a season ticket yet, what will it take to get you to get one?

A bigger family area would help. Make the East or the west lower a place where it's family pricing to get in and stick the bams behind the goal.

Nobody wants their five year old to have a permanent seat at the front of the FF lower when it's pouring with rain on a cold January evening.

Just_Jimmy
25-05-2016, 02:26 PM
For me it's not about money for a season ticket. I think it is overpriced and I think £20+ for second tier football is ridiculous but it is more about the practicality. I cannot justify the outlay given I cannot guarantee I will be at every game due to shifts and other commitments. I have long said Hibs should look at flexi tickets where you can opt into 10 games up front a season for example.

Season tickets are outdated in their current format and to move forward Hibs and other clubs need to look into helping the fans rather than exclude the ones who cannot attend EVERY week.

Waxy
25-05-2016, 02:35 PM
Think we probablly gain quite a few that for one reason or another stopped coming to games. Good chance of a fair number if newbies also i'd think

CallumLaidlaw
25-05-2016, 02:37 PM
Think we probablly gain quite a few that for one reason or another stopped coming to games. Good chance of a fair number if newbies also i'd think

If the rumours of more than 7,000 renewed BEFORE the cup final, you'd like to think that we can maybe get up to over 9,000, maybe near 10,000 if we can get a couple of exciting signings in early.

Diclonius
25-05-2016, 02:42 PM
Our attendances will absolutely be up next season. If we can get close to the Mowbray/Collins era attendances then I'd see that as a success.

uk3doorsdown
25-05-2016, 02:44 PM
I've never been a season ticket holder, but after this weekend and the pride and joy I felt, I'm defo getting a season ticket now.

CallumLaidlaw
25-05-2016, 02:51 PM
I've never been a season ticket holder, but after this weekend and the pride and joy I felt, I'm defo getting a season ticket now.

:not worth:aok:

mghibs
25-05-2016, 02:51 PM
A bigger family area would help. Make the East or the west lower a place where it's family pricing to get in and stick the bams behind the goal.

Nobody wants their five year old to have a permanent seat at the front of the FF lower when it's pouring with rain on a cold January evening.

Famous 5 lower is now family section, with cheaper prices which were available last year only applicable as part of a family, as I found when my season ticket went from £85 to £160 due to me not reading small print.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BOB MARLEYS DUG
25-05-2016, 03:02 PM

Welcome mate

SlickShoes
25-05-2016, 03:03 PM
Payment plan back up and running if that is of any use mate!

Aye I saw that but still can't go for it, the playoffs/cup final have ruined me.

I have signed up for Hibs TV monthly though as a start, like someone else mentioned a flexi ticket that doesn't commit you to a whole season but gets you a large batch of games would be good.

monktonharp
25-05-2016, 03:11 PM
all I want for my season ticket , is promotion next season, they can do what they want with their shiny cup and parades. get us up:offski:

25-05-2016, 03:12 PM

Great stuff :thumbsup:

If you are able to do so then I urge you to go ahead and buy one :flag:

hfcnic
25-05-2016, 03:19 PM
:aok:

hfcnic
25-05-2016, 03:21 PM
Aye I saw that but still can't go for it, the playoffs/cup final have ruined me.

I have signed up for Hibs TV monthly though as a start, like someone else mentioned a flexi ticket that doesn't commit you to a whole season but gets you a large batch of games would be good.

For instance 10 games for £130 or something along those lines? Would be difficult to work out but I am sure it would be do-able if some thought went into it from the club.

Mango Man
25-05-2016, 03:24 PM

See the payment plan, is it just a simple direct debit from your account every month for 11 months?

hibee_girl
25-05-2016, 03:32 PM
See the payment plan, is it just a simple direct debit from your account every month for 11 months?

Yes but only four month plans are available now

lyonhibs
25-05-2016, 03:33 PM
For instance 10 games for £130 or something along those lines? Would be difficult to work out but I am sure it would be do-able if some thought went into it from the club.

The per-game price would have to be - at the cheapest - the per-game price of a ST or else you're disincentivising buying a ST.

The loyalty points sytem has made it all a bit more complex, but a system like Leicester have with memberships with varying levels of investment and thus rewards would be perfect.

No - or maybe a very small - discount off actual match tickets but other perks in exchange for a reasonable amount of moolah would suit me perfectly.

http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/201516-memberships-the-best-chance-to-buy-lcfc-match-tickets-2476456.aspx

In answer to the OP's question, what it would take would be for me to be living in Scotland/within striking distance Edinburgh.

Prior to the cup win, I had a list of further "requirements" but I'd be kidding myself if I said that, if I lived relatively nearby, I wouldn't have a ST for next season.

Just_Jimmy
25-05-2016, 03:34 PM

yes thats exactly what i suggested. you could even sell cup season tickets or such like.

haagsehibby
25-05-2016, 03:34 PM
It's not practical for me to buy a ST. However I do subscribe to Hibs TV and have been donating for a Kicks for Kids ticket for a couple of years now. Will probably donate for two next season.

Lucky_Jim
25-05-2016, 03:40 PM
Wonder how many we have sold since Saturday?

I gave my season ticket up about 4 or 5 seasons back (although still attended a fair number of games in that time). I bought one again yesterday. As I said to my Hibee mates yesterday, my almost decade long huff with Hibs is well and truly over after what has been one of the best weekends of my life.

Following Hibs has been pretty tortuous and unrewarding for some time now, however that one game has singularly blown all of that away. Like so many others, it has helped me rediscover my love for Hibs again and rewarded us all for our years of support and disappointment in the most spectacular and fun way possible. In the circumstances I thought that the least I could do to show my thanks was to sign up for a ST again.

Kyle A
25-05-2016, 03:52 PM
Not had a season ticket in 6 years although I've attended games every season.

Getting a season ticket as soon as I get paid.

SlickShoes
25-05-2016, 03:53 PM

Aye would have to cost a bit more than £130 but get the jist of it. Just have two options, full season and half season. Half seasons are half the price for half the games and you don't get an allocated seat you use your card to book a ticket, if you didn't use them all by the end of the season tough. Not like the stadium is selling out each week anyway.

I don't get why they can't offer a payment plan that you can enter and subscribe to at any time, surely must be possible? whenever you enter it's a 12 month rolling contract.

I'm always more likely to want to buy a season ticket in the off months because that's when I miss hibs but by then the most affordable option is gone and you are left with finding £380 upfront.

JJP
25-05-2016, 04:00 PM
I am renewing mine. Just haven't got round to it yet. Might make time to do so tonight.

Geo_1875
25-05-2016, 04:12 PM
I have a season ticket and renew each year to take advantage of the payment plan. I don't manage every game due to holidays and some work stuff so I definitely lose out. I can appreciate that some people can't afford or can't commit to a season ticket. All we can ask is that these people get along to as many games as possible and give the team their backing. Shopping with the missus or attending (other peoples) children's birthday parties will not be accepted as a valid excuse. :flag::flag::flag:

Neilbooks
25-05-2016, 04:27 PM
Gave up the season ticket for a number of reasons back when Bobby Williamson was still in charge. I'll be getting one again in the next few days.

steve75
25-05-2016, 04:27 PM
More than an 89p saving per game?

The price point for the championship was maybe arguable when we had 4 cat A games at home. Now every game will be £22 and there's no option of a cup top up.

There just isn't enough incentive to sway people from semi-regular attender to season ticket holder.

marinello59
25-05-2016, 04:36 PM
More than an 89p saving per game?

The price point for the championship was maybe arguable when we had 4 cat A games at home. Now every game will be £22 and there's no option of a cup top up.

There just isn't enough incentive to sway people from semi-regular attender to season ticket holder.

No incentive? Watching a Scottish Cup winning squad is a massive incentive.

hibsbollah
25-05-2016, 04:41 PM
It doesn't make much financial sense for me, because I'm likely to miss a few games through other commitments. But I'm doing it this season anyway, I feel like I owe the club something after the pure joy they've provided me this season.

et_hibby
25-05-2016, 04:51 PM
Bought Adult and 2 kids in FF lower a few weeks back. Just to say, it was showing as sold out online but when I phoned the shop there was availability.

U12 kids tickets were only £25. Bargain!

steve75
25-05-2016, 04:59 PM
No incentive? Watching a Scottish Cup winning squad is a massive incentive.

I didn't say there was no incentive to go to the games, just not a lot to get people to up their commitment.

Being realistic I think we'll see a small but noticeable increase in ST sales. Along with a decent increase in walk ups.

However if we win the league and keep the price around £380-400 for the next season, that's when we'll see the larger increase in ST sales.

Mango Man
25-05-2016, 05:04 PM
Yes but only four month plans are available now

Aaaaah, cool, thanks for that.

DH1875
25-05-2016, 05:05 PM
Had a good few season tickets over the years and toyed with the idea of getting another one before the final. Just can't do it though and my 3 reasons are:
1) I work Saturdays and reckon that most if not all our games will be on the Saturday as there's no rangers/hearts or tv deal.
2) I don't live in Edinburgh which puts a strain on getting to and from games as I like a pint and won't drive.
3) I found that over the last couple of years the games I was going to, I was going to on my own. I've no problem sitting for 90mins without my mates but to be honest, sometimes I wasn't sitting next to anyone which can be as boring as duck. Also, add travelling through and back on your own so it's not as much fun as it used to be.

DH1875
25-05-2016, 05:09 PM
Had a good few season tickets over the years and toyed with the idea of getting another one before the final. Just can't do it though and my 3 reasons are:
1) I work Saturdays and reckon that most if not all our games will be on the Saturday as there's no rangers/hearts or tv deal.
2) I don't live in Edinburgh which puts a strain on getting to and from games as I like a pint and won't drive.
3) I found that over the last couple of years the games I was going to, I was going to on my own. I've no problem sitting for 90mins without my mates but to be honest, sometimes I wasn't sitting next to anyone which can be as boring as duck. Also, add travelling through and back on your own so it's not as much fun as it used to be.

In short, if I didn't work Saturdays, lived in Edinburgh and had some mates to go with, I'd buy a season ticket :greengrin.

Some of you don't know how lucky you are so get buying :thumbsup:

Finn2015
25-05-2016, 07:22 PM
Last had a season ticket 3 years ago but live in the English Midlands. Feel like getting another just as a thank you in a way for what everyone at the club has achieved but no way will I be able to get to any more then 10-11 games at ER. Plan to get one next month on pay day if available

h18eeynick
25-05-2016, 08:17 PM
It doesn't make much financial sense for me, because I'm likely to miss a few games through other commitments. But I'm doing it this season anyway, I feel like I owe the club something after the pure joy they've provided me this season.

What knackered it for me living in Carlisle is fact that so many games now are no longer on a Saturday at 3 pm . Had one for years but need to allow 6 hours for travelling there and back and parking up and with a very busy job I just cannot commit. I go to as many games as I can and with tickets readily available then pay as I go is only option really. Shame as I always felt really proud to have a season ticket but as much as I love Hibs I am not paying for quite a lot of games that I cant attend when I can show my support by being there and paying appropriately

bigwheel
25-05-2016, 08:18 PM
What knackered it for me living in Carlisle is fact that so many games now are no longer on a Saturday at 3 pm . Had one for years but need to allow 6 hours for travelling there and back and parking up and with a very busy job I just cannot commit. I go to as many games as I can and with tickets readily available then pay as I go is only option really. Shame as I always felt really proud to have a season ticket but as much as I love Hibs I am not paying for quite a lot of games that I cant attend when I can show my support by being there and paying appropriately

well, next season you should have most games at saturday 3pm.... :thumbsup:

Onceinawhile
25-05-2016, 08:23 PM
People either get a season ticket as a donation to the club or because it saves them money as they can make every game.

Unfortunately most of the people who want to get value have had that reason removed due to 1) the quality of the league we're in and 2) the constant changing of kick off times and days.

It's hard to argue with anyone in the second category not renewing. I just hope a few more think it's worth it.

King conrad
25-05-2016, 08:41 PM
just joined this forum and never had a season ticket before but buying one for me and my son for next season,we have been to a alot of games this season so gonnae get one and after Saturday that just confirmed it,i was getting tickets thrown at me while butcher was in charge as my son is in the hibs academy but still refused some of them as I couldn't bear to watch his anti football hooooof! we have came a long way under stubbs in two years so time to back him!

h18eeynick
25-05-2016, 08:48 PM
well, next season you should have most games at saturday 3pm.... :thumbsup:

I dont think we will though bigwheel as we will be the biggest draw in the league and tv will schedule Championship games on Friday nights, Mondays and lunchtimes whenever slots allow. Also potentially a few Alba games ?

DH1875
25-05-2016, 09:51 PM
I dont think we will though bigwheel as we will be the biggest draw in the league and tv will schedule Championship games on Friday nights, Mondays and lunchtimes whenever slots allow. Also potentially a few Alba games ?

Don't think there will be any championship games on the telly other than those on ALBA and to be fair, it's not like loads of our home gamed were shown by them before either.