PDA

View Full Version : Another boring Cup Final thread

CropleyWasGod
25-05-2016, 01:23 PM
Two people that stood out for me over the weekend......

1. amongst all the mayhem on top of the bus, there was 1 guy standing back and taking it all in, who deserved it more than anyone there. I'm talking about Big Frank, of course, who was a supporter before all of the team were even born. He's been through it all, and must have been bursting on Sunday.

2. Tony Higgins. The last man, before Stokes, to score the opening goal in a SCF for Hibs. Indeed, the scoring pattern was the same as 79. Us, them, them, us.... and then a full-back in a green jersey scoring the winner. :greengrin My day would have been complete if I'd seen big Tony running on to the park and kicking seven kinds of **** out of Alex McDonald..... again.

Saturday Boy
25-05-2016, 01:31 PM

1. amongst all the mayhem on top of the bus, there was 1 guy standing back and taking it all in, who deserved it more than anyone there. I'm talking about Big Frank, of course, who was a supporter before all of the team were even born. He's been through it all, and must have been bursting on Sunday.

2. Tony Higgins. The last man, before Stokes, to score the opening goal in a SCF for Hibs. Indeed, the scoring pattern was the same as 79. Us, them, them, us.... and then a full-back in a green jersey scoring the winner. :greengrin My day would have been complete if I'd seen big Tony running on to the park and kicking seven kinds of **** out of Alex McDonald..... again.

I thought Tony Higgins was the coolest man at Hampden on Saturday with his shades on. The only thing I could see clearly from row AAA in F2.

Geo_1875
25-05-2016, 01:33 PM
I thought Tony Higgins was the coolest man at Hampden on Saturday with his shades on. The only thing I could see clearly from row AAA in F2.

Great photo of Tony with the Cup and some wee fat dude in the EEN special.

CropleyWasGod
25-05-2016, 01:35 PM
Great photo of Tony with the Cup and some wee fat dude in the EEN special.

The wee fat dude is probably the most hatest player in the history of hated players.

My Granda hated him when he played for St. Johnstone.... "dirtiest bloody player in Scottish fitba", apparently. And then he went on to play for Rangers and Hearts, and managed Airdrie. Need I say more? :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
25-05-2016, 02:07 PM

I don't think he looks well, TBH. Thought that at the HSL meeting.

Hope I'm wrong, of course.

CallumLaidlaw
25-05-2016, 02:09 PM

Spoke to him on Sunday morning, and he was absolutely beaming. He was like a kid at christmas when he was telling me he was going to be on the bus. But he assured me he would just be on the bottom deck! haha! Quite rightly got up the top :flag: