PDA

View Full Version : Police Investigation

macca70
25-05-2016, 12:44 PM
A dedicated team set up to review CCTV, pics and fans videos to identify culprits involved in criminal activity.

Get your pics and videos email'd as an email address has been set up:

“We now have a dedicated email address set up to receive images and video from the public and media and I would urge them to send any material to ScottishCupFinalPitchInvasion@Scotland.pnn.police. uk or by phoning the incident room on 0141 532 5457 (between office hours 0900 until 1700 hours).

Read more: http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/scottish-cup-final-15-facing-action-over-pitch-invasion-1-4137667#ixzz49ffXjO5j

overdrive
25-05-2016, 12:47 PM
Convenient that it has been set up at Govan nick.

Moulin Yarns
25-05-2016, 12:48 PM
Convenient that it has been set up at Govan nick.

Less to travel to nick the culprits :wink:

Since90+2
25-05-2016, 12:49 PM
So in other words we are not interested in trying to find the people who were on the pitch just the troublemakers.

Fair enough.

SlatefordHibby
25-05-2016, 12:50 PM
Agree

Sending them a list of their illegal, provocative songs might help set the tone for this and the SFA investigation.

Who's to say our culprits weren't the subject of severe and prolonged provocation?

Aaron
25-05-2016, 12:50 PM
Detective Superintendent Kenny Graham, who is leading the investigation, said, "Our focus at the moment is on reviewing video and images in order that we identify those who were responsible for causing disorder, violence and anti-social behaviour on the pitch, not those who may have been caught up in the crowd.

More detail here:

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/14515399.Cops_want_footage_from_Hibernian_and_Rang ers_fans_after_Scottish_Cup_final_pitch_invasion/

leggeto
25-05-2016, 12:51 PM
They can bolt,im no getting any hibbys into trouble even if they do deserve to get nicked,they can find out the bad boys by themselves

macca70
25-05-2016, 12:52 PM
So in other words we are not interested in trying to find the people who were on the pitch just the troublemakers.

Fair enough.

It would take 114 years to track down everyone that was on the pitch.

Don't think just being on the pitch is classed as criminal activity.

macca70
25-05-2016, 12:54 PM
Has the Rangers Official that had a kick at someone been identified?

monktonharp
25-05-2016, 12:54 PM
it is indeed very convenient to place it in Govan. Helen Street in fact, just where our supporters buses get parked when through there.

Killiehibbie
25-05-2016, 12:56 PM
All they have to do is look at the videos on here, youtube, match footage, security cameras and probably dozens of other sites. Go through that lot and identify those involved in criminal acts. No hiding place nowadays.

Andy.1875
25-05-2016, 12:59 PM

The gate was opened by the stewards / police to prevent crushing.
Some people on the pitch were just swept along by the crowd and had not intended going on.

Cabbage East
25-05-2016, 01:00 PM
Wonder if they'll be after the folk that broke the goals, ripped up turf etc. I don't think that was anything other than sheer happiness and getting carried away. Obviously going for players, opposing fans, singing banned songs etc is a different matter.

Aaron

I can't see them being interested on people who were on the pitch who did not cause bother - especially those that never crossed the half way line.

I was watching the Ayr Utd v Stranraer play off game the week before when they had a pitch invasion so if they start prosecuting innocents on the pitch they better start with that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoSvJfGzhJQ

Haymaker
All they have to do is look at the videos on here, youtube, match footage, security cameras and probably dozens of other sites. Go through that lot and identify those involved in criminal acts. No hiding place nowadays.

:agree:

Archie70
25-05-2016, 01:02 PM
They can bolt,im no getting any hibbys into trouble even if they do deserve to get nicked,they can find out the bad boys by themselves

It's our opportunity to show the images if exactly what their fans got up to including

The young boy being grabbed by two grown men.
The "suit" in the The Rangers dugout taking a kick at one of our players.
Them kicking Hibs fans to the head as they lay on the ground.
The numerous assaults they carried out.

SlickShoes
25-05-2016, 01:08 PM

Or they can ask fans to do it for them and do even less work. win win for them.

Pete
25-05-2016, 01:12 PM
Or they can ask fans to do it for them and do even less work. win win for them.

We might be able to send them ones that they haven't seen yet or shots that back up others. Time for people to know who the real aggressors were.

Govan eh? Can you imagine the media headlines if this was based in Leith police station. Whitewash blah blah!

scoopyboy
25-05-2016, 01:13 PM

Naw mate, the idea is you send pictures of Huns abducting children, brandishing corner flags, stamping on peoples heads, etc.

You don't send pics that will incriminate Hibbies.

Pete
25-05-2016, 01:15 PM
Naw mate, the idea is you send pictures of Huns abducting children, brandishing corner flags, stamping on peoples heads, etc.

Also time to speak to all these witnesses to the mass assaults on their players. Put up or shut up time.

SlickShoes
25-05-2016, 01:16 PM
We might be able to send them ones that they haven't seen yet or shots that back up others. Time for people to know who the real aggressors were.

Govan eh? Can you imagine the media headlines if this was based in Leith police station. Whitewash blah blah!

Aye it is unfortunate but it is the logical place to base it out of. I used to live just along the road from it and I can say with some certainty it is not popular with the locals anyway.

NAE NOOKIE
25-05-2016, 01:19 PM
If I had any pics, which I don't, I wouldn't be very happy sharing them if they were to lead to folk who broke the goals and dug up the pitch getting football banning orders ..... it was a bit OTT but not exactly crime of the century, however I worry that they could be made an example of with an excessive punishment in order to appease the current buns.

That aside, if anybody who laid hands on a Sevco player or went up to their fans is identified they will have to take their lumps I'm afraid ..... it was a stupid thing to do at any time, never mind with kids on the pitch.

Pete
25-05-2016, 01:23 PM
Aye it is unfortunate but it is the logical place to base it out of. I used to live just along the road from it and I can say with some certainty it is not popular with the locals anyway.

On second thoughts it makes sense as it's closer to Ibrox. All the players will be spoken to which is a good thing...let's see how many were really "assaulted".

GloryGlory
25-05-2016, 01:25 PM

It would be useful if people have shots of The Rangers players leaving the pitch unscathed.

Killiehibbie
25-05-2016, 01:30 PM
If I had any pics, which I don't, I wouldn't be very happy sharing them if they were to lead to folk who broke the goals and dug up the pitch getting football banning orders ..... it was a bit OTT but not exactly crime of the century, however I worry that they could be made an example of with an excessive punishment in order to appease the current buns.

That aside, if anybody who laid hands on a Sevco player or went up to their fans is identified they will have to take their lumps I'm afraid ..... it was a stupid thing to do at any time, never mind with kids on the pitch.Nobody would ever accuse me of being the most restrained but as soon as I saw those Hibbies running towards them even I knew it was a stupid move.

jacomo
25-05-2016, 01:33 PM
Detective Superintendent Kenny Graham, who is leading the investigation, said, "Our focus at the moment is on reviewing video and images in order that we identify those who were responsible for causing disorder, violence and anti-social behaviour on the pitch, not those who may have been caught up in the crowd.

More detail here:

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/14515399.Cops_want_footage_from_Hibernian_and_Rang ers_fans_after_Scottish_Cup_final_pitch_invasion/

'We've decided to specifically exclude the sectarian singing, verbal threats, flares and coin-throwing during the match from this investigation. This will make it easier to paint the Hibs fans as utter hooligans who goaded peaceful Rangers fans so much that they reluctantly entered the pitch themselves, purely in self defence.'

johnbc70
25-05-2016, 01:35 PM
Hope the first thing they do is contact all Rangers players and staff to take statements. Sure that will quickly put some of this nonsense to bed.

As I said at the time, this is going to backfire on Sevco.

truehibernian
25-05-2016, 01:39 PM

Also time to speak to all these witnesses to the mass assaults on their players. Put up or shut up time.

Surely we can also ask/demand to know if and when Chick Young and Gordon Waddell are/have given their police statements given they've taken so much time to write about their disgust ? Still waiting to see footage of the players 'taking a kicking' as Waddell describes - his turn of phrase is pathetic if it's the Wallace incident - the Hibs idiot has been identified, hopefully gets jail as a precedent, and a life banning order - but let's not start banding about ridiculous hyperbole like Waddell does ! Has anyone asked when he intends giving the police his statement ?

Also hope we can, through FOI, ask whether spit swabs were taken by The Rangers team doctor if, as they claimed, players were spat on - or at least retained all their shirts for a forensic analysis ? Also can we get an answer from The Rangers and the SFA as to whether any The Rangers player was hospitalised and get medical disposals ?

To be quite frank, despite Matheson wanting a report by the start of the season, in legal terms Hibs and our fans should be asking all of these questions so that they appear in the 'transparent' report ?

A detailed transparent report should not be rushed because an MSP says so - let the agencies do their work. But Hibs need to scrutinise this at every single pedantic level.

They should also be trawling every CCTV angle, and taking operational statements from all stewards and police to highlight whether they've allowed drunk fans on both sides into the ground - if so the failings also lay at the door of the event organisers, G4S and the police as that in itself is a criminal offence.

Also - what was the intelligence surrounding potential disorder in and out of the ground ?

Lots of questions to be examined, investigated, answered - and it should not be rushed.

GloryGlory
25-05-2016, 01:43 PM
Hope the first thing they do is contact all Rangers players and staff to take statements. Sure that will quickly put some of this nonsense to bed.

They're probably all away on holiday now. By the time they get back, all the severe bruises they allegedly suffered as a result of punching and kicking will have conveniently had time to heal.

Moulin Yarns
25-05-2016, 01:43 PM

That aside, if anybody who laid hands on a Sevco player or went up to their fans is identified they will have to take their lumps I'm afraid ..... it was a stupid thing to do at any time, never mind with kids on the pitch.

I think there were plenty pictures and film of those that were on the crossbar in the TV coverage.

macca70
25-05-2016, 02:09 PM
Wonder if they'll be after the folk that broke the goals, ripped up turf etc. I don't think that was anything other than sheer happiness and getting carried away. Obviously going for players, opposing fans, singing banned songs etc is a different matter.

I think those on the bar and ripping up the turf are likely to get a slap on the wrist, I reckon it's those that assaulted opposing fans/stewards/players that will be in trouble.

Captain Trips
25-05-2016, 02:15 PM
Just send them footage of the whole 90mins smoke bombs and songs of hate before any pitch invasion.

BigKev
25-05-2016, 02:18 PM
Can't see the police worrying about the vast majority of those on the pitch. They'll concentrate on the violent offenders of which there appears to be more of the Hun persuasion than our own.

The folk on the bar may well get a fiscal fine or a caution but unlikely to get in deep trouble.

As for the Rangers player assaults then they'll have to take statements from them but what's the chances of them wanting to pursue charges then face an alleged assailant in court?

Probably lucky if 30 folk end up getting charged with an offence.

Pete
25-05-2016, 02:21 PM
Surely we can also ask/demand to know if and when Chick Young and Gordon Waddell are/have given their police statements given they've taken so much time to write about their disgust ? Still waiting to see footage of the players 'taking a kicking' as Waddell describes - his turn of phrase is pathetic if it's the Wallace incident - the Hibs idiot has been identified, hopefully gets jail as a precedent, and a life banning order - but let's not start banding about ridiculous hyperbole like Waddell does ! Has anyone asked when he intends giving the police his statement ?

Also hope we can, through FOI, ask whether spit swabs were taken by The Rangers team doctor if, as they claimed, players were spat on - or at least retained all their shirts for a forensic analysis ? Also can we get an answer from The Rangers and the SFA as to whether any The Rangers player was hospitalised and get medical disposals ?

To be quite frank, despite Matheson wanting a report by the start of the season, in legal terms Hibs and our fans should be asking all of these questions so that they appear in the 'transparent' report ?

A detailed transparent report should not be rushed because an MSP says so - let the agencies do their work. But Hibs need to scrutinise this at every single pedantic level.

They should also be trawling every CCTV angle, and taking operational statements from all stewards and police to highlight whether they've allowed drunk fans on both sides into the ground - if so the failings also lay at the door of the event organisers, G4S and the police as that in itself is a criminal offence.

Also - what was the intelligence surrounding potential disorder in and out of the ground ?

Lots of questions to be examined, investigated, answered - and it should not be rushed.

I agree. It's hibs who are being dragged through the mud so all exaggerations and fabrications must be exposed.

hibs0666
25-05-2016, 02:23 PM

It might, a bit.

We, however, are going to get hammered.

SouthMoroccoStu
25-05-2016, 02:29 PM
As for the Rangers player assaults then they'll have to take statements from them but what's the chances of them wanting to pursue charges then face an alleged assailant in court?

Well said, it's one thing to lie to a Sevco mouth piece like the sun or the record, but it's a completely different thing to do so in a police statement or in court

Pete
25-05-2016, 02:32 PM
It might, a bit.

We, however, are going to get hammered.

Maybe, maybe not. What we have is the right people in our corner who will try their hardest to make sure any punishment isn't excessive.

Even if we are, nobody will give a **** about it in a few months time. The memories of the victory and celebrations will last forever.

ian cruise
25-05-2016, 02:39 PM
It would be useful if people have shots of The Rangers players leaving the pitch unscathed.

This whole article details the events pretty well.

http://wingsoverscotland.com/a-slight-stramash/

JOD
25-05-2016, 03:00 PM
Just seen on Bears Den that they have started a thread advising their sevco **** to delete any pictures from their phones that could incriminate them.

Yes this investigation will be interesting folks. Traynor wIll end up regretting his stupid statement.

GloryGlory
25-05-2016, 03:03 PM
Just seen on Bears Den that they have started a thread advising their sevco **** to delete any pictures from their phones that could incriminate them.

Yes this investigation will be interesting folks. Traynor wIll end up regretting his stupid statement.

E-mail it to the police investigators. Destroying evidence is an offence.

truehibernian
25-05-2016, 03:05 PM

Maybe because some of those fans, posting early videos, actually capture The Rangers fans assaulting Hibs fans and also clearly show The Billy Boys being sung - oh I do love this selective 'transparency' !

Apparently Traynor texted Tom English a response to the last The Rangers statement - wonder what that contained - English alludes to it being full of 'a stream of consciousness' whatever that means ??

Killiehibbie
25-05-2016, 03:08 PM
Who did the police have to draw their truncheons on?

Moulin Yarns
25-05-2016, 03:09 PM
Maybe because some of those fans, posting early videos, actually capture The Rangers fans assaulting Hibs fans and also clearly show The Billy Boys being sung - oh I do love this selective 'transparency' !

Apparently Traynor texted Tom English a response to the last The Rangers statement - wonder what that contained - English alludes to it being full of 'a stream of consciousness' whatever that means ??

The Stream of Consciousness style of writing is marked by the sudden rise of thoughts and lack of punctuations. The use of this narration mode is generally associated with the modern novelist and short story writers of the 20th Century

:greengrin

silverhibee
25-05-2016, 03:11 PM
It's our opportunity to show the images if exactly what their fans got up to including

He wasn't a player, just a young lad dressed in the Hibs strip, but still no need for the kick out.

HibsNutter
25-05-2016, 03:11 PM
Imagine that Hibs will face a bill for the invasion itself, the goals and the turf. Individuals involved in fighting with fans/players will be put up in court and banned.

silverhibee
25-05-2016, 03:13 PM

Spot on.

leggeto
25-05-2016, 03:16 PM

Yeah,only 1 Hibs fan worthy of being arrested was the boy who targeted Wallace and don't think he even hit him,the rest are huns with the sneaky kicks in the face and the creep who grabbed the laddie but he'll be easy to find anyway as probably on the register

.Sean.
25-05-2016, 03:19 PM
If there's anyone considering grassing their own they need to have a look at themselves. There should be enough evidence to convict those who have commited actual bodily assault in the media images and these are the only folk worthy of prosecuting IMO

Onion
25-05-2016, 03:20 PM
Imagine that Hibs will face a bill for the invasion itself, the goals and the turf. Individuals involved in fighting with fans/players will be put up in court and banned.

1 x Pitch Invasion £ 10
1 Set of Goals £ 2500
3 sq m of grass £ 20

Beating the Cheating Huns
in the 2016 Scottish Cup Final
with a last minute winner ?

:hibees

hibby67
25-05-2016, 03:20 PM
someone has already admitted charging at The Rangers goalkeeper

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-36380946

leggeto
25-05-2016, 03:25 PM

It's the lads on the crossbar and pictures of folk with turf I worry about because the weegee police would love to get them and so would the sfa huns in the office of Hampden

ballengeich
25-05-2016, 03:29 PM
The folk on the bar may well get a fiscal fine or a caution but unlikely to get in deep trouble.

There's every chance that Hibs will be required to pay for repairs so I reckon anyone caught damaging property should be required to make a contribution.

WHAM
25-05-2016, 03:30 PM
A lot of Hibs fans probably never had any intention of getting involved in any violence but probably got caught up in it when the rangers fans came on and started assaulting fellow hibees.

No need to be past the half way line admittedly or gesticulating but in the heat of the moment hard to walk away when you see your own fans getting attacked.

Hermit Crab
25-05-2016, 03:31 PM

He wasn't a player, just a young lad dressed in the Hibs strip, but still no need for the kick out.

Is it not Davie Weir that tries to kick the fan?

Sprouleflyer
25-05-2016, 03:31 PM
It's the lads on the crossbar and pictures of folk with turf I worry about because the weegee police would love to get them and so would the sfa huns in the office of Hampden

Aye, probably get them on a trumped up charge of having a kilo of grass in their pockets.

Danderhall Hibs
25-05-2016, 03:44 PM

There seemed to be loads of hiding places - every single The Rangers player was attacked it spat in yet the culprits all managed to avoid the to cameras, cctv, mobile phone cameras.

Huge big hiding place.

Sergey
25-05-2016, 03:49 PM
It looks like a couple of young lads have been bailed.

Killiehibbie
25-05-2016, 03:50 PM
There seemed to be loads of hiding places - every single The Rangers player was attacked it spat in yet the culprits all managed to avoid the to cameras, cctv, mobile phone cameras.

Huge big hiding place.The Invisible Men strike again.

I'm_cabbaged
25-05-2016, 04:03 PM

Attempting to hit them, all that ***** he's in and didnae land a blow.......

Kojock
25-05-2016, 04:08 PM

A man has admitted running towards Rangers goalkeeper Wes Foderingham and gesticulating in an offensive manner after the Scottish Cup Final

So Foderingham wasn't assaulted :confused:

Dale Pryde, from Edinburgh, is accused of running towards and attempting to punch Wallace on the head at Hampden Park, and attempting to punch Holt.

So no punches made contact, yet Wallace was bruised from head to toe :confused:

Pete
25-05-2016, 04:13 PM
A man has admitted running towards Rangers goalkeeper Wes Foderingham and gesticulating in an offensive manner after the Scottish Cup Final

Dale Pryde, from Edinburgh, is accused of running towards and attempting to punch Wallace on the head at Hampden Park, and attempting to punch Holt.

Charged under the offensive behaviour at football act. Basically a catch-all.

silverhibee
25-05-2016, 04:14 PM

Not sure bud, I thought it might be a squad player who didn't make the bench.

GordonHFC
25-05-2016, 04:23 PM
Not sure bud, I thought it might be a squad player who didn't make the bench.

Was probably Tavernier as he clearly failed to make the tackle.

Allant1981
25-05-2016, 04:26 PM
So doesnt look like any player was actually assaulted, i hope the apologies are printed by the same papers telling everyone our fans attacked the players

Pete
25-05-2016, 04:42 PM
I'm wondering if the police should be notified about the stuff on rangers media naming all and sundry. They might find stuff that isn't helpful at best and illegal at worst such as encouraging intimidation and violence. Who knows?

Newcastlehibby
25-05-2016, 04:42 PM
So doesnt look like any player was actually assaulted, i hope the apologies are printed by the same papers telling everyone our fans attacked the players

Attempting to assault someone constitutes an assault in terms of the law. Technically, the allegations are correct but clearly were written in such a way as to make things appear more serious than they actually were.

barcahibs
25-05-2016, 04:47 PM
If there's anyone considering grassing their own they need to have a look at themselves. There should be enough evidence to convict those who have commited actual bodily assault in the media images and these are the only folk worthy of prosecuting IMO

Disagree to be honest. Anyone who touched or intimidated another fan or player deserves to be hammered by the law IMO.

In fact I'd extend that to anyone who went much beyond the half way line of the pitch, there was no need to be anywhere near the Sevco fans. That doesn't excuse them from coming onto the pitch (any Sevco fan on the pitch should also get hammered, there was no need for them to be there at all) and it doesn't excuse their party songs or flares but there was no need for Hibbies to go anywhere near them.

Sevco have a (large) section of their support who are little more than animals when at the game. We all know that. The last thing you do with a rabid animal is poke it with a stick, and if you do you deserve what you get (in the way of legal repercussions)

I didn't like the pitch invasion at the time but I understood why some folk were doing it, the vast, vast majority in good spirits. There should be no real comeback for them IMO, even the guys that broke the crossbar or ripped up turf should only get a slap on the wrist.

The guys who went looking for trouble however (and there were some) deserve to find it and I'd be happy to support the police doing so.

It hasn't taken any of the shine off the cup win for me, still proud to be a Hibby, but I'm fed up having to defend myself and Hibs to neutrals and Sevco sympathisers. Was speaking to a lady today who isn't a football fan of any sort) whose kids should have been in the Sevco end (but didn't go) and she was laying into me (verbally!) about how they might have felt seeing Hibs fans, over the half way line, running towards them. I found it hard to defend or justify those who chose to do so.

Ilovehibs
25-05-2016, 04:50 PM
I agree. It's hibs who are being dragged through the mud so all exaggerations and fabrications must be exposed.

This.
Anyone who has made statements/allegations that are proved to be false should, at the very least, be made to publically retract them and apologise to Hibs.
In the case of the most damaging claims made by The Rangers and others, I really hope the Commission ensure they are held accountable and penalised appropriately.

The Leith Dutch
25-05-2016, 04:57 PM

Now that is actually a very good call.

If they can identify someone in an incident with a player or member of staff from The Rangers then there should either be an assault charge brought or a retraction from the Daily ******.

The_Sauz
25-05-2016, 04:59 PM
Weir had a tracksuit on :agree:
A friend of mine (Rangers fan) who was up in the south stand, reckons it was someone from the media :dunno:

mghibs
25-05-2016, 05:00 PM
The next match at ibrox will be interesting that's for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Golden Bear
25-05-2016, 05:01 PM
It's bloody sad that after 116 years our team achieved a magnificent and memorable victory yet the post match emphasis has been focused on the shenanigans that happened after the final whistle. The players themselves must feel that their efforts have been under valued by the media and who can blame them.

Let's not kid ourselves on, Hibs fans instigated much of the trouble by coming onto the pitch in the first place. I don't like saying that but it's a fact.

Topographic Hibby
25-05-2016, 05:03 PM

Destruction of evidence of a crime? Isn't that a criminal offence?

lapsedhibee
25-05-2016, 05:03 PM

That would be so, so sweet (if true). Did he ever play in the same team as F. Robbo?

banarc7062
25-05-2016, 05:05 PM
Agree

Sending them a list of their illegal, provocative songs might help set the tone for this and the SFA investigation.

Who's to say our culprits weren't the subject of severe and prolonged provocation?

All teams have been subjected to extreme provocation for an eternity by the singing and chanting of this ****, just look at the wealth of past video evidence. GGTTH

Mango Man
25-05-2016, 05:10 PM
I'm wondering if the police should be notified about the stuff on rangers media naming all and sundry. They might find stuff that isn't helpful at best and illegal at worst such as encouraging intimidation and violence. Who knows?

Yup, had a wee look at that Rangers media for a laugh, and some of the things they say is atrocious!! Sure I read about what plans they have for the Hibs boys that got caught, unreal.

Alex Trager
25-05-2016, 05:11 PM

I reckon they'll have been told to just tell lies. Which they will.

brog
25-05-2016, 05:12 PM

If gesticulating in an offensive manner results in a court appearance they'd better prepare an open air court at Hampden for the 40,000 who'll be charged after the next OF game!

Crab apple
25-05-2016, 05:13 PM

Exactly. Wallace looked fine and was able to walk off the pitch. Any violence was carried out by the Sevco thugs who were on the pitch solely to assault Hibs fans. The ****** and other papers have generated a witch hunt against our own fans none of whom have actually carried out any assaults. Why has there been no focus on the Sevco thugs who were actually violent? I can think of at least three example where there is clear video evidence of this.

a) The middle aged Sevco thug pictured kicking a young Hibs fan in the face. Has he been charged or is he above the law just because he's from Northern Ireland?
b) The Sevco thug who snatched a young Hibs boy and attempted to drag him to the Sevco end of the ground. This is perhaps the most sinister act of all.
c) The Sevco thug brandishing the corner flag and hitting at least two Hibs fans with this.

green day
25-05-2016, 05:14 PM

Which are then irrelevant, as without two forms of corroboration there will be no indictments and no convictions.

No conviction means it didn't happen in law, and any independent SFA enquiry would have to discount it as hearsay.

Kojock
25-05-2016, 05:16 PM
Attempting to assault someone constitutes an assault in terms of the law. Technically, the allegations are correct but clearly were written in such a way as to make things appear more serious than they actually were.

There's actually no such thing as "attempted assault" if you throw a punch at someone and don't connect with the target it is still deemed to be an assault.

marinello59
25-05-2016, 05:18 PM

Will they? We have had two players who had family members put the record straight and basically it's been silence from the rest. The Rangers players have done nothing wrong here and in the case of Lee Wallace at least, have acted with restraint.
The trouble here is those at the top of the club who and their paid lickspittle Traynor who have been making dog whistle calls to the dregs of their support for the past couple of years about respecting their clubs 'traditions'. Losing this final was a disaster to them, hence the deflection.

Kojock
25-05-2016, 05:20 PM
Which are then irrelevant, as without two forms of corroboration there will be no indictments and no convictions.

No conviction means it didn't happen in law, and any independent SFA enquiry would have to discount it as hearsay.

No it doesn't "no conviction" means there was insufficient evidence to substantiate the charge. Doesn't mean it didn't happen.

degenerated
25-05-2016, 05:21 PM
Now that is actually a very good call.

If they can identify someone in an incident with a player or member of staff from The Rangers then there should either be an assault charge brought or a retraction from the Daily ******.
Or a retraction from BBC as chick young told the nation "there was an incident with a hibs fan with a belt on one of the rangers players" this is still on podcast from 21/5 at around 43.30

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Onion
25-05-2016, 05:22 PM
It's bloody sad that after 116 years our team achieved a magnificent and memorable victory yet the post match emphasis has been focused on the shenanigans that happened after the final whistle. The players themselves must feel that their efforts have been under valued by the media and who can blame them.

Let's not kid ourselves on, Hibs fans instigated much of the trouble by coming onto the pitch in the first place. I don't like saying that but it's a fact.

Might have felt like 116 years but it was only .... :aok:

The problem wasn't Hibs fans on the pitch or even the digging up of the turf or destroying the goals. We might have got away with all of those as "over-exuberance". It was the idiotic and unnecessary goading of the Sevco fans that was the problem - leading to Sevco animals coming on looking for a fight (that suited their agenda). And the devastating "gesticulations" towards the hurting Sevco players, of course.

On reflection, the Hibs players might feel they deserved better on the day, but they will never, ever, ever feel undervalued by Hibs fans. They earned their Legendary status and it is every Hibs fan's duty to ensure that they never forget that !

green day
25-05-2016, 05:25 PM
No it doesn't "no conviction" means there was insufficient evidence to substantiate the charge. Doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Sorry, I should have been clearer.

If any players lie (I don't think they will) the Proc Fiscal will look at the allegation and evidence ahead of any indictments.

If nothing exists, the PF won't allow it to go ahead. Whatever huns think, frivolous court cases based on fairy stories don't happen. Flawed though the legal system is, they don't have the resources to waste time on pish.

Captain Trips
25-05-2016, 05:25 PM
Ok so we now have attepmted to punch Holt and Wallace and with Miller and Shiels family can The Daily Rangers and co please explain themselves?

Newcastlehibby
25-05-2016, 05:27 PM
There's actually no such thing as "attempted assault" if you throw a punch at someone and don't connect with the target it is still deemed to be an assault.

Which is exactly what I said??

silverhibee
25-05-2016, 05:29 PM
From the losers end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHTsddR2T7w

Allant1981
25-05-2016, 05:29 PM

Sorry i meant physically hit, at least 2 reporters have stated they seen players being physically hit, a good kicking if im not mistaken, obviously now it has been said by the bbc the guys didnt actually connect with the players so hopefully they get shown up as liars but i doubt it

Golden Bear
25-05-2016, 05:30 PM
Might have felt like 116 years but it was only .... :aok:

The problem wasn't Hibs fans on the pitch or even the digging up of the turf or destroying the goals. We might have got away with all of those as "over-exuberance". It was the idiotic and unnecessary goading of the Sevco fans that was the problem - leading to Sevco animals coming on looking for a fight (that suited their agenda). And the devastating "gesticulations" towards the hurting Sevco players, of course.

On reflection, the Hibs players might feel they deserved better on the day, but they will never, ever, ever feel undervalued by Hibs fans. They earned their Legendary status and it is every Hibs fan's duty to ensure that they never forget that !

I stand corrected, what's a couple of years in all that time.

:doh:

Cropley

Tbh you're head is in the sand if you think this is just nonsense, first of all, while it was a great and historical cup win, the fact remains that thousands of our fans were on the pitch while they had no right to be there, actions such as this was only always going to provoke Rangers fans.

Secondly, if some of our fans assaulted Rangers players and there is ample evidence that the Rangers keeper was intimidated, then those fans have brought the good name of Hibernian into disrepute and if convicted should face life bans from the club and indeed any supporters club that they may be a member of.

The third and final point is that the club should offer Rangers an apology if it is proven that some of our fans assaulted their players. They are footballers who happen to play for a club that many people have a hatred for but those players could have been our players on the receiving end from fans of any club under such circumstances.

Onion
Exactly. Wallace looked fine and was able to walk off the pitch. Any violence was carried out by the Sevco thugs who were on the pitch solely to assault Hibs fans. The ****** and other papers have generated a witch hunt against our own fans none of whom have actually carried out any assaults. Why has there been no focus on the Sevco thugs who were actually violent? I can think of at least three example where there is clear video evidence of this.

a) The middle aged Sevco thug pictured kicking a young Hibs fan in the face. Has he been charged or is he above the law just because he's from Northern Ireland?
b) The Sevco thug who snatched a young Hibs boy and attempted to drag him to the Sevco end of the ground. This is perhaps the most sinister act of all.
c) The Sevco thug brandishing the corner flag and hitting at least two Hibs fans with this.

Because the media have failed to challenge Sevco's assertion that these thugs were in fact White Knights of the Orange Order doing the police's job of protecting the Sevco players. Sevco also stated that would not tolerate anyone criticising the Hun Thugs ! Crazy but true.

The_Sauz
Disagree to be honest. Anyone who touched or intimidated another fan or player deserves to be hammered by the law IMO.

In fact I'd extend that to anyone who went much beyond the half way line of the pitch, there was no need to be anywhere near the Sevco fans. That doesn't excuse them from coming onto the pitch (any Sevco fan on the pitch should also get hammered, there was no need for them to be there at all) and it doesn't excuse their party songs or flares but there was no need for Hibbies to go anywhere near them.

Sevco have a (large) section of their support who are little more than animals when at the game. We all know that. The last thing you do with a rabid animal is poke it with a stick, and if you do you deserve what you get (in the way of legal repercussions)

I didn't like the pitch invasion at the time but I understood why some folk were doing it, the vast, vast majority in good spirits. There should be no real comeback for them IMO, even the guys that broke the crossbar or ripped up turf should only get a slap on the wrist.

The guys who went looking for trouble however (and there were some) deserve to find it and I'd be happy to support the police doing so.

It hasn't taken any of the shine off the cup win for me, still proud to be a Hibby, but I'm fed up having to defend myself and Hibs to neutrals and Sevco sympathisers. Was speaking to a lady today who isn't a football fan of any sort) whose kids should have been in the Sevco end (but didn't go) and she was laying into me (verbally!) about how they might have felt seeing Hibs fans, over the half way line, running towards them. I found it hard to defend or justify those who chose to do so.
Then you would be looking at 100@s of arrests at every game, which makes no sense!
If you look at the videos fro the game, you will see the closest Hibs fans get to the Rangers fans, was about 12m (bigger than gap in the north stand between both sets of fans) and yet, it was Rangers fans who were about 45m who came on the park! Yet when we go to Ibrox, the closest they are to us is about 3m, and the furthest gap is about 12m.
So the theory about the Rangers fans feeling "intimidated​" is BS

GreenArmyyy!
Has the Rangers Official that had a kick at someone been identified?

That was my cousin who he had a swing at.... did very well to evade the tackle IMO! He didn't recognise the guy at all.

Newcastlehibby
25-05-2016, 05:31 PM
Just to be really clear about what an assault is:
Assault Source: Common Law
Offence: To direct an attack to take effect physically on the person of another, whether or not actual injury is inflicted.
Arrest: Common law power of arrest.
Notes:
There must be criminal intent, an accidental injury does not amount to assault. It is not however necessary that the attack should take effect. An assault can be direct or indirect, e.g. setting a dog at another person. It is also assault to be violently menacing. Threatening gestures inducing a state of bodily fear are an example. An assault may be aggravated by intent; mode of perpetration (e.g. use of a weapon), extent of injury, place of assault, or the character of the person assaulted (e.g. a pregnant woman). Indecent assault is an assault accompanied by indecent intent. In certain cases an assault may be justified by showing that it was done under the authority of the law; in defence of others or in self-defence.

Captain Trips
25-05-2016, 05:34 PM
We can argue about what assault is however we have been told by several sources that players where hit and injured this report regarding Pryde shows he was not hit.

I think we now must make sure that those putting out lies such as Jackson are brought to task.

The_Sauz
25-05-2016, 05:35 PM
Tbh you're head is in the sand if you think this is just nonsense, first of all, while it was a great and historical cup win, the fact remains that thousands of our fans were on the pitch while they had no right to be there, actions such as this was only always going to provoke Rangers fans.

Secondly, if some of our fans assaulted Rangers players and there is ample evidence that the Rangers keeper was intimidated, then those fans have brought the good name of Hibernian into disrepute and if convicted should face life bans from the club and indeed any supporters club that they may be a member of.

The third and final point is that the club should offer Rangers an apology if it is proven that some of our fans assaulted their players. They are footballers who happen to play for a club that many people have a hatred for but those players could have been our players on the receiving end from fans of any club under such circumstances.
WTF...Has Follow Follow closed down that you need to come on here....GTF

Crab apple
25-05-2016, 05:38 PM
Ok so we now have attepmted to punch Holt and Wallace and with Miller and Shiels family can The Daily Rangers and co please explain themselves?

I'm with you Carlsberg. But what's the best way to go about this? A dignified silence and taking the moral high ground or to step up the pressure on the ****** and Sevco by demanding an apology. I think the club and/or the supporters association should be putting out a statement condemning Sevco for besmirching the club and fans reputation, the majority of whom were well behaved and just wanted to celebrate. I'm not comparing this to Hillsborough but just think about the appalling lies the **** wrote about Liverpool fans at the time.

hibsbollah
25-05-2016, 05:39 PM
I expect the criminal investigation to be wound up quite quickly, with a few identified individuals getting hefty fines. There's just no evidence yet of anything like what The Rangers are claiming.

But...

I have a bad feeling that the media sheet storm, fanned by the weedgie press and their transparent hunnery connections, will result in an unprecedentedly severe punishment from the FOOTBALL Authorities though. I suspect it's going to be worse than the club possibly imagines.

The Green Goblin
25-05-2016, 05:43 PM
From the losers end.

I've posted this elsewhere on here, but it's worth saying again that I can not believe how few police there were inside and outside the ground, including for about a couple of miles heading up to the stadium on Saturday. There were none at all in most places.

GreenLake
25-05-2016, 05:43 PM
I look forward to any thugs being charged whoever they support and will also be interested to see if any Sevco officials are going to perjure themselves over this.

GreenArmyyy!
25-05-2016, 05:45 PM
From the losers end.

Interesting that about 50 seconds in a steward clearly trust to hand a Rangers fan who has been fighting to a police officer who decides to do absolutely nothing but send him back in to the stand....

Cropley
25-05-2016, 05:45 PM
WTF...Has Follow Follow closed down that you need to come on here....GTF
That post is my opinion and summation of the events after the final whistle, whether you agree with them or not is up to yourself. However as far as i'm concerned my club, Hibernian F.C., were let down badly on Saturday by a lot of supporters of the club. Do you think that all of us have to go along with the opinion of many, or maybe you should realise that some of us can think for ourselves re; this matter and just for your information i was appalled at the Rangers fans who came on to the pitch also but the fact remains, if there was no invasion by our fans then there would only be the game and victory parade to discuss, would there not.

truehibernian
25-05-2016, 05:52 PM
I expect the criminal investigation to be wound up quite quickly, with a few identified individuals getting hefty fines. There's just no evidence yet of anything like what The Rangers are claiming.

But...

I have a bad feeling that the media sheet storm, fanned by the weedgie press and their transparent hunnery connections, will result in an unprecedentedly severe punishment from the FOOTBALL Authorities though. I suspect it's going to be worse than the club possibly imagines.

Within the comp regs bollah there are requirements when a football authority hosts a game - the subsection I think is there to ensure the final is covered. I'll dig it out.

Basically in a tie at home, it's the host clubs responsibility to ensure safety of spectators. The SFA will be beside themselves and will try to shift blame on stewarding and policing I think.

Hibs need to be professional, assist with enquiry, show firm action against those identified, and provide pre game evidence of responsible ticket sales and proactive engagement with the police - which they'll have no trouble doing at all.

JJP
25-05-2016, 05:54 PM
Interesting that about 50 seconds in a steward clearly trust to hand a Rangers fan who has been fighting to a police officer who decides to do absolutely nothing but send him back in to the stand....

Standard really. Don't expect much will be done though. It really is a shame that such a vile and disgusting hateful club like The Rangers is so big that they infiltrate every part of the Scottish establishment and therefor everything they say and do goes almost completely unchallenged by anyone in a position to do anything about it. I remember a time when I didn't care for either of the side of the Glasgow divide in equal measure. In the last few years the Zombies really have become even lower than low. It's not just a section of their fans that are rotten anymore, the club is as well. I really wish they had stayed dead although it is so satisfying that when we finally won the cup it was against this shower. Rant over.

Keith_M
25-05-2016, 06:04 PM

Which players were actually assaulted by Hibs Fans, then?

Do you agree that The Rangers and The Media owe Hibs an apology for their ridiculous attacks on our club and Fans, including the disgraceful lies, exaggerations and attempts to twist the truth?

Do you agree that The Rangers owe the Hibs Fans assaulted by their thuggish Supporters an apology, both for the vicious actions of their Fans and the attempts to explain them away as perfectly understandable and then even demanding that no action is taken against them?

Carheenlea
25-05-2016, 06:08 PM
Those who ran riot at Hampden on Saturday will be having a few sleepless nights awaiting the knock at the door from plod. None more than this guy.

http://i64.tinypic.com/ei9isi.jpg

barcahibs
25-05-2016, 06:12 PM
Then you would be looking at 100@s of arrests at every game, which makes no sense!
If you look at the videos fro the game, you will see the closest Hibs fans get to the Rangers fans, was about 12m (bigger than gap in the north stand between both sets of fans) and yet, it was Rangers fans who were about 45m who came on the park! Yet when we go to Ibrox, the closest they are to us is about 3m, and the furthest gap is about 12m.
So the theory about the Rangers fans feeling "intimidated​" is BS

You know what I mean. There's a vast difference between the usual 'traditional' verbal and visual intimidation opposing supporters give each other and players from the stand versus fans on the pitch.

Running towards a Sevco player on the pitch is intimidation and it's unacceptable. Running onto the pitch towards the opposing fans is intimidation and it's unacceptable. The fact that they came onto the pitch doesn't make it any better for us, two wrongs don't make a right.

There was no need for Hibs fans to be beyond the half way line or anywhere near a Sevco player. Any who did so should face the consequences.

Equally there was no need for any Sevco fan to be on the pitch at all and we need to make sure they face the same consequences we do.

We can't whitewash our own sides behaviour in this, nor should we, we need to self police to make sure we then have the moral high ground when facing the Sevco attempts to pretend they were purely the victims here.

I would, reluctantly, hand over any evidence I had of Hibs fans who engaged in violence or intimidation (luckily I don't have any though :)). It just makes our case against them all the stronger.

lapsedhibee
25-05-2016, 06:14 PM
From the losers end.

Neanderthals.

(A the hun player walking about quite happily at 1min30secs.)

johnbc70
25-05-2016, 06:27 PM
Tbh you're head is in the sand if you think this is just nonsense, first of all, while it was a great and historical cup win, the fact remains that thousands of our fans were on the pitch while they had no right to be there, actions such as this was only always going to provoke Rangers fans. .

When I referred to nonsense then things like the DR reporting all 11 Rangers players were assaulted or spat on etc is clearly nonsense, and if the police take statements from all Rangers staff I am confident that those claims will indeed prove that to be the case.

Lago
25-05-2016, 06:32 PM
2 court cases today, one Hibs fan pleads guilty to Fotheringham incident, background report to be carried out before sentence. Another plead not guilty to attacking Wallace.
A moment of madness and 1 young man almost certainly now lost his job and the other?

Waxy
25-05-2016, 06:32 PM
Refs fault for leaving the pitch too early. Could have red carded everyone.

Crab apple
25-05-2016, 06:35 PM
That post is my opinion and summation of the events after the final whistle, whether you agree with them or not is up to yourself. However as far as i'm concerned my club, Hibernian F.C., were let down badly on Saturday by a lot of supporters of the club. Do you think that all of us have to go along with the opinion of many, or maybe you should realise that some of us can think for ourselves re; this matter and just for your information i was appalled at the Rangers fans who came on to the pitch also but the fact remains, if there was no invasion by our fans then there would only be the game and victory parade to discuss, would there not.

Every single Scottish and English play off game in the last month has had pitch invasions. All with no violence. The difference is our game was against the Sevco orcs who don't do losing gracefully. They have a long list of previous. To then potray the Sevco orcs as the victims is nothing short of disgraceful. The ******, Waddell and Young should be taken to task for lying.

johnbc70
25-05-2016, 06:35 PM
I've posted this elsewhere on here, but it's worth saying again that I can not believe how few police there were inside and outside the ground, including for about a couple of miles heading up to the stadium on Saturday. There were none at all in most places.

That's the obvious thing when you first see the video in terms of lack of police in the ground, and it's the SFA's responsibility to arrange security in this case.

Kojock
25-05-2016, 06:36 PM
After we scored the winner our end should have been flooded by stewards and police to prevent an invasion, that didn't happen. IMO once the fans saw that there was no resistance to them coming onto the pitch they came down in there hoardes. Police Scotland and G4S have a lot to answer to.

johnbc70
25-05-2016, 06:38 PM
2 court cases today, one Hibs fan pleads guilty to Fotheringham incident, background report to be carried out before sentence. Another plead not guilty to attacking Wallace.
A moment of madness and 1 young man almost certainly now lost his job and the other?
Wonder how much tax payers money that will cost, all for 'running' at someone. He should have been given a warning and that's it.

stantonhibby
25-05-2016, 06:39 PM

The 2nd guy has been charged with attempting to punch Wallace and Holt. He has made no plea and is now on bail.

Lago
25-05-2016, 06:41 PM
The 2nd guy has been charged with attempting to punch Wallace and Holt. He has made no plea and is now on bail.
As I said a moment of madness, young men going to end up with criminal records. More to come me thinks.

andyf5
25-05-2016, 06:43 PM

It seems ridiculous though "A man has admitted running towards Rangers goalkeeper Wes Foderingham and gesticulating in an offensive manner"

JJP
25-05-2016, 06:46 PM
I don't know why they felt the need to wind up/attack the Sevco players in the first place. It's their fans I object to but the thought never crossed my mind to wind them up either. Was too busy being unbelievably happy and an emotional wreck to even consider it.

Sprouleflyer
25-05-2016, 06:47 PM
It seems ridiculous though "A man has admitted running towards Rangers goalkeeper Wes Foderingham and gesticulating in an offensive manner"

So, gesticulating a get it right up you is now a criminal offence? Hope they don't look back over the TV footage of our 2nd goal at tynie, the courts could be pretty busy!

johnbc70
25-05-2016, 06:49 PM
So, gesticulating a get it right up you is now a criminal offence? Hope they don't look back over the TV footage of our 2nd goal at tynie, the courts could be pretty busy!

Or a certain Hearts player who ran towards the Hibs fans and gesticulated at us with his bits.

hibeemikey21
25-05-2016, 06:51 PM
Neanderthals.

(A the hun player walking about quite happily at 1min30secs.)

That was the last time Halliday was seen alive 😢

Thief
25-05-2016, 06:51 PM

I've wondered about this as well!
Whether it will ever be admitted or highlighted in the enquiry, there is little doubt that some kind of breakdown in communication has occurred at the higher level of police control.
I remember a large line of police and stewards near the end of the Ross County final, and anyone who regularly attends games will be aware that a line of police suddenly appear near the end of games, mainly to act as a visual deterrent and if that fails, then a physical barrier to pitch invasion.
I watched the senior police officer give a statement on the news on Monday, and as it was a prepared statement, he basically took credit for the way they dealt with the aftermath (which they actually dealt with quite well) and didn't mention the immediate post match events.
Perhaps I'm being naive, but on the back of the very recent enquiry down south, and how badly South Yorkshire police came out of that, I honestly expected him to accept some responsibility for police failings.

In no way am I trying to shift blame, as I was quite frankly disgusted with the behaviour of some Hibs fans, and in particular any aggressive approaches to football players of any team, which is unforgivable.
Ironically, the only real criticism of the police I've seen has been the otherwise pathetic statement issued by, I'm assuming, Jim Traynor.

Hopefully post hillsborough enquiry, the police will not be untouchable and any shortcomings will be highlighted in the final report.

SlickShoes
25-05-2016, 06:54 PM
Every single Scottish and English play off game in the last month has had pitch invasions. All with no violence. The difference is our game was against the Sevco orcs who don't do losing gracefully. They have a long list of previous. To then potray the Sevco orcs as the victims is nothing short of disgraceful. The ******, Waddell and Young should be taken to task for lying.

This pretty much sums it up for me, someone even planted a flare on the pitch in the killie v falkirk game.

All that's happened is two folk from the hibs end have tried to attack rangers players, they have already been charged now and will be punished accordingly.

The rest of the bother game from Rangers fans entering the field as well.

In all of these other games with invasions the losing team never felt the need to come on to the pitch for a fight, they just lost gracefully and went home.

The police failed massively in handling the crowd at the end of the game, the hibs guys that tried to attack rangers players have been done, a few folk may get done for breaking the goals. That's it from our end as far as I see. The rest was caused by The Rangers peepul coming on for a fight.

Mon_the_cabbage
25-05-2016, 06:54 PM
After we scored the winner our end should have been flooded by stewards and police to prevent an invasion, that didn't happen. IMO once the fans saw that there was no resistance to them coming onto the pitch they came down in there hoardes. Police Scotland and G4S have a lot to answer to.

Indeed and they even got a heads up. Watch the winning goal again (go on, you know you want to! :greengrin ) and after Gray and the players are in the crowd the camera pans back round to the East where you can see fans streaming down the stair wells. Anyone watching the crowd would be certain what was about to transpire.

Is it possible they did know it but didn't have the resource immediately to hand (outside, elsewhere :confused: ) so chose no action rather than attempt to stop it without adequate officers? I'm sure a cordon was in place after each of the four previous goals?

Crab apple
25-05-2016, 06:55 PM

They should. Some of the stuff written on the Bears Den is outrageous and there are clear threats made. Somebody should be pointing this out to Police Scotland. And giving out the addresses and mobile numbers of the Hibs fans charged is way, way out of order.

G B Young
25-05-2016, 06:59 PM
You know what I mean. There's a vast difference between the usual 'traditional' verbal and visual intimidation opposing supporters give each other and players from the stand versus fans on the pitch.

Running towards a Sevco player on the pitch is intimidation and it's unacceptable. Running onto the pitch towards the opposing fans is intimidation and it's unacceptable. The fact that they came onto the pitch doesn't make it any better for us, two wrongs don't make a right.

There was no need for Hibs fans to be beyond the half way line or anywhere near a Sevco player. Any who did so should face the consequences.

Equally there was no need for any Sevco fan to be on the pitch at all and we need to make sure they face the same consequences we do.

We can't whitewash our own sides behaviour in this, nor should we, we need to self police to make sure we then have the moral high ground when facing the Sevco attempts to pretend they were purely the victims here.

I would, reluctantly, hand over any evidence I had of Hibs fans who engaged in violence or intimidation (luckily I don't have any though :)). It just makes our case against them all the stronger.

I realised when I watched footage filmed from the Rangers end that the initial reason some Hibs fans kept running beyond the halfway line is because Logan and at least another couple of Hibs players are still down at the far end celebrating. You can see some Hibs fans jumping around in joy with the players, then a couple decide to start waving triumphantly at the Rangers support. That's kind of when the problems start I think.

Also, the speed at which the pitch invasion took place took players from both sides by surprise I think otherwise most would have left the pitch pretty sharpish. You can also see from the footage that it hasn't really occurred to a lot of the Hibs fans that there are still Rangers players on the pitch. Most of the 'trouble' seems to amount to little more than a few shouted comments but unfortunately a few end up taking things too far and the keeper, for one, definitely gets jostled. Unacceptable obviously, but the vast, vast majority of those who took to the pitch were intent only on celebrating. I'd like to think that will be reflected in any punishment handed out but like some others I fear Hibs could be in a fair bit of bother as a club.

Bristolhibby
25-05-2016, 07:09 PM

Really good point. They truly are ****bags, who collectively can't seem to lose gracefully in high pressure games.

Add to the bigotry and "hateful folk songs", is there any surprise that every other set of supporters HATE them.

They are the common factor.

J

hibbytam
25-05-2016, 07:11 PM
Indeed and they even got a heads up. Watch the winning goal again (go on, you know you want to! :greengrin ) and after Gray and the players are in the crowd the camera pans back round to the East where you can see fans streaming down the stair wells. Anyone watching the crowd would be certain what was about to transpire.

Is it possible they did know it but didn't have the resource immediately to hand (outside, elsewhere :confused: ) so chose no action rather than attempt to stop it without adequate officers? I'm sure a cordon was in place after each of the four previous goals?

More than that, some people got on on the track bit at the third goal, and the momentum of the celebrations had got people through the inner gate thing. It was quite obvious the emotion was going to spill over onto the pitch.

Waxy
25-05-2016, 07:12 PM

This is it basically. Alot of people are overlooking the very unique situation which occured. Us Hibs fans are undoubtedly one of the most passionate fans in world football and we had just won our holy grail.Very few football fans will EVER get the feeling we got from when our Captain scored and the final whistle.We went berserk with happiness, we ran on the pitch(like hundreds of fans always do) .Some ran a bit too far but these fans where mentally in the grip of unprecedented happiness.What do they do? They are not interested in any trouble in the slightest yet they missjudged it a bit and some peedoff Rangers fans are in front of them.Two tribes mentality must now kick in and natural reaction takes over.Luckily it actually didn't end up with ANYONE hurt.(?) I've still to see any evidence of any players hurt? (Hundreds of camaras where pointed to the pitch).Simply the police didn't realise the momentous size of the achievement And the passionate reaction in such a short space of time at the end of the match.I wouldnt even blame the police(maybe they could have came out after the fifth goal).It was just a very unique set of circumstances which happened, no one was hurt except Rangers pride.GGTTH.

barcahibs
25-05-2016, 07:17 PM
I realised when I watched footage filmed from the Rangers end that the initial reason some Hibs fans kept running beyond the halfway line is because Logan and at least another couple of Hibs players are still down at the far end celebrating. You can see some Hibs fans jumping around in joy with the players, then a couple decide to start waving triumphantly at the Rangers support. That's kind of when the problems start I think.

Also, the speed at which the pitch invasion took place took players from both sides by surprise I think otherwise most would have left the pitch pretty sharpish. You can also see from the footage that it hasn't really occurred to a lot of the Hibs fans that there are still Rangers players on the pitch. Most of the 'trouble' seems to amount to little more than a few shouted comments but unfortunately a few end up taking things too far and the keeper, for one, definitely gets jostled. Unacceptable obviously, but the vast, vast majority of those who took to the pitch were intent only on celebrating. I'd like to think that will be reflected in any punishment handed out but like some others I fear Hibs could be in a fair bit of bother as a club.

Totally agree, the vast majority of Hibs fans are there peacefully out of 'exuberance' and I'll bet most had no idea there was any violence going on at the other end, they were lost in the joy of the moment.

It doesn't excuse the fans who went looking for trouble - there were very few of them, but they were there and we should help to have them punished.

Aldo
25-05-2016, 07:26 PM
It's bloody sad that after 116 years our team achieved a magnificent and memorable victory yet the post match emphasis has been focused on the shenanigans that happened after the final whistle. The players themselves must feel that their efforts have been under valued by the media and who can blame them. Let's not kid ourselves on, Hibs fans instigated much of the trouble by coming onto the pitch in the first place. I don't like saying that but it's a fact.

GB cannot disagree with your last paragraph however what actually happened and what is being reported by the media spin from Der Hun is waaaaayyy off the mark!

I didn't see any disappointment in the tunnel, when they got the cup and their rendition of SOL!! Maybe the only disappointing part was not getting a lap of honour. That however was more than made up for on the Sunday!!

Aldo
25-05-2016, 07:37 PM
Tbh you're head is in the sand if you think this is just nonsense, first of all, while it was a great and historical cup win, the fact remains that thousands of our fans were on the pitch while they had no right to be there, actions such as this was only always going to provoke Rangers fans. Secondly, if some of our fans assaulted Rangers players and there is ample evidence that the Rangers keeper was intimidated, then those fans have brought the good name of Hibernian into disrepute and if convicted should face life bans from the club and indeed any supporters club that they may be a member of. The third and final point is that the club should offer Rangers an apology if it is proven that some of our fans assaulted their players. They are footballers who happen to play for a club that many people have a hatred for but those players could have been our players on the receiving end from fans of any club under such circumstances.

Point one..... No one has their head in the sand! How can they its plain and clear (almost )for all to see

Point two.... Those responsible for any criminal act or offence will be dealt with accordingly and banned from ER for life (my opinion)

Point three and most important...... Following the media spin and utterly inappropriate comments made by that club about players requiring hospitalisation, media reported about All 11 players being assaulted and the complete and utter disregard they have shown for Hibernian Football Club. These bitter comments were made a very short time after the FT whistle and then continued into Sunday with them reporting more crap! WE DO NOT OWN THEM ANYTHING EVEN LESS AN APOLOGY.

From your comments you've never been to hunbrox and suffered the constant sectarian abuse, coin throwing etc.

You are the one with your head in the sand if you think we own them an apology!!

leggeto
25-05-2016, 07:38 PM

Yeah there is more police at Ibrox at the naughty corner and far more heavy handed

Crab apple
25-05-2016, 07:40 PM
Point one..... No one has their head in the sand! How can they its plain and clear (almost )for all to see

Point two.... Those responsible for any criminal act or offence will be dealt with accordingly and banned from ER for life (my opinion)

Point three and most important...... Following the media spin and utterly inappropriate comments made by that club about players requiring hospitalisation, media reported about All 11 players being assaulted and the complete and utter disregard they have shown for Hibernian Football Club. These bitter comments were made a very short time after the FT whistle and then continued into Sunday with them reporting more crap! WE DO NOT OWN THEM ANYTHING EVEN LESS AN APOLOGY.

From your comments you've never been to hunbrox and suffered the constant sectarian abuse, coin throwing etc.

You are the one with your head in the sand if you think we own them an apology!!

Absolutely. The only apologies which should be given out are from The ****** (for the totally inaccurate reporting) and Sevco (for the provocative statements filled with lies). In fact Hibs and/or the supporters association should be asking for this.

rcarter1
25-05-2016, 07:49 PM
This is it basically. Alot of people are overlooking the very unique situation which occured. Us Hibs fans are undoubtedly one of the most passionate fans in world football and we had just won our holy grail.Very few football fans will EVER get the feeling we got from when our Captain scored and the final whistle.We went berserk with happiness, we ran on the pitch(like hundreds of fans always do) .Some ran a bit too far but these fans where mentally in the grip of unprecedented happiness.What do they do? They are not interested in any trouble in the slightest yet they missjudged it a bit and some peedoff Rangers fans are in front of them.Two tribes mentality must now kick in and natural reaction takes over.Luckily it actually didn't end up with ANYONE hurt.(?) I've still to see any evidence of any players hurt? (Hundreds of camaras where pointed to the pitch).Simply the police didn't realise the momentous size of the achievement And the passionate reaction in such a short space of time at the end of the match.I wouldnt even blame the police(maybe they could have came out after the fifth goal).It was just a very unique set of circumstances which happened, no one was hurt except Rangers pride.GGTTH.

I wonder though how many police would have been needed to prevent a pitch invasion in the face of a few thousand delirious Hibs fans. I would have thought that a line down the centre of the pitch in the event of an invasion (i.e. 100% chance if Hibs win), would have allowed a perfectly understandable celebration take place, while keeping the two supporters apart. Might not have stopped the radge who went for Wallace/Foderingham right enough, but the chance of escalation and would have been prevented. In the end the violence at the Rangers end petered out pretty quick, but we would be in a completely different scenario had someone been seriously injured or killed in the scrap.

LustForLeith
25-05-2016, 07:58 PM
I've been thinking about this today. if say Hibs were three goals up with minutes to go, would have there been an announcement warning fans to stay off the pitch or their wouldn't be a pitch presentation?

I'm sure I heard there was supposed to be 1000 police or stewards on Saturday but now there's 180?!

Waxy
25-05-2016, 08:04 PM
I wonder though how many police would have been needed to prevent a pitch invasion in the face of a few thousand delirious Hibs fans. I would have thought that a line down the centre of the pitch in the event of an invasion (i.e. 100% chance if Hibs win), would have allowed a perfectly understandable celebration take place, while keeping the two supporters apart. Might not have stopped the radge who went for Wallace/Foderingham right enough, but the chance of escalation and would have been prevented. In the end the violence at the Rangers end petered out pretty quick, but we would be in a completely different scenario had someone been seriously injured or killed in the scrap.Fans of winning teams hit the pitch as a celebration very regular. Losing fans hit the pitch for violence.Both happened so clashes are inevitable.This is why Rangers quickly put out their disgraceful unreasonable statement way too quickly.To deflect from the fact their fans are the ones in the wrong. The media have been horrendous. We should ban them from Easter road unless we get an apology.

rcarter1
25-05-2016, 08:27 PM
Fans of winning teams hit the pitch as a celebration very regular. Losing fans hit the pitch for violence.Both happened so clashes are inevitable.This is why Rangers quickly put out their disgraceful unreasonable statement way too quickly.To deflect from the fact their fans are the ones in the wrong. The media have been horrendous. We should ban them from Easter road unless we get an apology.

Unfortunately in an investigation, the (very few) Hibs fans that got involved with Rangers players will paint the picture that it wasn't only losing fans that had violent intentions. The hundred or so winding up the Rangers end will probably be done for inciting a riot or similar. We wont get out of this untainted. However to agree with you wholeheartedly, portions of the media have been pathetic and irresponsible, and all the Rangers fans that went on for a scrap are hopefully hammered.

One thing I am confident about, is that whatever our club does about this, it will be with professionalism and class. If we apologise to Rangers/SFA for our -proven- part, then we come out of it with respect. What Rangers then do is their business. Shame they are run by crooks (as usual).

weonlywon6-2
25-05-2016, 08:33 PM

I will be very surprised if any sevco player makes a complaint of assault

Alfred E Newman
25-05-2016, 08:37 PM

It is not ridiculous. He was on the pitch which is an offence and acting in an offensive manner towards a player which is an even more serious offence.

hibsbollah
25-05-2016, 08:39 PM
Within the comp regs bollah there are requirements when a football authority hosts a game - the subsection I think is there to ensure the final is covered. I'll dig it out.

Basically in a tie at home, it's the host clubs responsibility to ensure safety of spectators. The SFA will be beside themselves and will try to shift blame on stewarding and policing I think.

Hibs need to be professional, assist with enquiry, show firm action against those identified, and provide pre game evidence of responsible ticket sales and proactive engagement with the police - which they'll have no trouble doing at all.

I have no doubt you're right about all of that, TH. In itself, though, that doesn't give me any confidence that we won't get a punitive, harsh 'sentence'.

Marco G
25-05-2016, 08:59 PM
I have no doubt you're right about all of that, TH. In itself, though, that doesn't give me any confidence that we won't get a punitive, harsh 'sentence'. But what more could Hibs FC have done to stop this, other than by losing? The fans came on after the end of the game, they did not disrupt it or affect the result. Hibs FC did not incite anyone to come on the pitch at the end, and they could expect a heavily policed and stewarded flagship game at a neutral national stadium to be able to prevent that anyway, so why exactly should they get fined?

Lago
25-05-2016, 09:02 PM
I have no doubt you're right about all of that, TH. In itself, though, that doesn't give me any confidence that we won't get a punitive, harsh 'sentence'.
My thoughts exactly.

lapsedhibee
25-05-2016, 09:24 PM
"A man has admitted running towards Rangers goalkeeper Wes Foderingham and gesticulating in an offensive manner"

This is Constable Savage (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BO8EpfyCG2Y) territory.

johnbc70
25-05-2016, 09:43 PM
It is not ridiculous. He was on the pitch which is an offence and acting in an offensive manner towards a player which is an even more serious offence.

A fine then maybe, but do we as taxpayers need to pay for background reports for a guy who has essentially been charged with running at someone.

Ronniekirk
25-05-2016, 09:50 PM
A fine then maybe, but do we as taxpayers need to pay for background reports for a guy who has essentially been charged with running at someone.

Its just been on the news days he has no previous convictions Agree the Sheriff could easily have used the powers available to him or her to dispose of the matter today
Just keeps the media circus going

No mention of any of the Rangers fans
who have been charged

Ronniekirk
25-05-2016, 09:52 PM

On the pitch which was an offence So have any kilmarnock fans on the pitch at their game been arrested

hibsbollah
25-05-2016, 10:05 PM
But what more could Hibs FC have done to stop this, other than by losing? The fans came on after the end of the game, they did not disrupt it or affect the result. Hibs FC did not incite anyone to come on the pitch at the end, and they could expect a heavily policed and stewarded flagship game at a neutral national stadium to be able to prevent that anyway, so why exactly should they get fined?

We will definitely be fined. To be honest, I'd be surprised if a medium sized fine is all we get. There's other options available. And don't get me wrong, that's not because I think that's appropriate or fair, I just have very little faith that the Scottish football authorities will react like anything other than deceptive, manipulative and corrupt bass as.

calamitus
25-05-2016, 10:39 PM

16694xt

QMU-1875
25-05-2016, 11:25 PM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/cops-claim-mob-rule-outside-8052126
Hate the record but it would appear the tide is turning

Aaron
25-05-2016, 11:42 PM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/cops-claim-mob-rule-outside-8052126

The Sevco fans are furious on their forum with this and are demanding video footage of said accusations..........oh the irony.

Lancs Harp
25-05-2016, 11:54 PM
The Sevco fans are furious on their forum with this and are demanding video footage of said accusations..........oh the irony.

They seem to lead their sad lives in a permanent state of fury.

My_Wife_Camille
25-05-2016, 11:57 PM
All starting to unravel now.

POLICE officers stationed outside Hampden when thousands of fans invaded the pitch claim they were prevented from entering the stadium by angry Rangers crowds.Complaints included being subjected to a barrage of abuse, their vans being jostled and some parents were accused of using their own kids to block roads.

One account given to the Record said a “mob mentality” prevailed outside the National Stadium after Hibs beat Rangers 3-2 in Saturday’s Scottish Cup final.
We were told people impeding and attacking a police convoy led to a 20-minute delay in riot control officers getting into the stadium.

The detailed description claimed: “This wasn’t 18 to 30-year-olds doing this, it was families, older men in suits, 12-year-olds shouting as fiercely as their fathers and mothers.

“It was ordinary people totally affected by ‘the mob mentality’

“No one was attacking shops or other cars, it was all directed at me and my colleagues. The venom and bile directed at us shocked everyone in our detail and we are all experienced officers. I’ve never seen such anger directed at the police.”

He was addressing criticism of the police reaction to the Hibs fans’ pitch invasion which saw Rangers players being attacked. It descended into further violence as supporters of the Ibrox club entered the field to battle their rivals.

He said: “I, along with approximately 75 other officers who had public order duties outside the ground, immediately made our way to the ground from no further than one mile away.

"There were many more officers on duty but I can only speak about our detail. We were in marked police vans in convoy with blue lights and sirens. Our priority was to assist within the stadium

“On entering Cathcart Road from Prospecthill Road, we were presented with a large crowd of Rangers fans leaving the ground on the pavements and road.
“Within seconds, they all started shouting at us, pointing to their watches saying we were ‘too late’.

“They were refusing to get out of our way, in some cases using their children to block our road and stop our vans, a tactic I had only seen in Northern Ireland.
"They then started hitting and spitting on the vans, throwing items at the vans, trying to rock the vans, kicking the vans, trying the doors.

“This isn’t a few bad eggs in the crowd – this was everyone walking past us. This lasted for 15 to 20 minutes. Had the road been relatively clear, we would have reached the stadium in 30 seconds.”

His comments were backed up by other cops, with one public order officer saying: “We heard lots of vans were attacked by Rangers fans, preventing police getting to the stadium quickly.

“Hibs fans were all inside invading the pitch and the ones who weren’t were waiting for the cup presentation.”

Another police source said: “A few of the lads were stopped from getting in the stadium when their vans were ambushed by Rangers fans outside Hampden.
“They’ve just joined in with mob mentality and surged towards the cops.”

The Record revealed yesterday that only 138 police officers were deployed inside the stadium at the final whistle with the majority outside as that’s where police chiefs anticipated most trouble.

Critics have said police were slow to respond inside to thousands of fans on the pitch, running battles and players being assaulted.
The cup presentation was delayed for 45 minutes. Just 14 people have so far been arrested.

We asked Police Scotland to address the officers’ accounts. They responded with a general statement.

Quoting Assistant Chief Constable Mark Williams, it read: “A full criminal investigation is now under way.

“We have a dedicated incident room and I’d appeal to anyone who has information in relation to criminal
behaviour at Hampden on Saturday to contact detectives on 0141 532 5457.

“Although we’ve made a number of arrests, I fully expect more to be made in the coming days as we sift through evidence from CCTV and other video footage and photographic images.

“Public safety is our No1 priority and the pitch incursion was unacceptable and jeopardised that.

“Our response was immediate, measured, proportionate and professional. In a short period of time, we deployed mounted officers, public order and conventional officers to separate the opposing supporters.”

GreenLake
26-05-2016, 12:05 AM
This woman has jumped onto the bandwagon to draw some attention to herself. She sounds so concerned but I would like to see archives of all the writings where she has delved into this over the years from former Rangers activities around Britain and Europe. She sounds like a real uninformed blowhard, but obviously smart enough to write some bait click at a rapidly failing newspaper. Maybe she should write about the deeper problems of journalism or what pretends to be it.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/opinion/14511600.Rosemary_Goring__Cup_final_violence_highl ights_much_deeper_problems/?ref=mmpg

Billy McKirdy
26-05-2016, 12:45 AM
This woman has jumped onto the bandwagon to draw some attention to herself. She sounds so concerned but I would like to see archives of all the writings where she has delved into this over the years from former Rangers activities around Britain and Europe. She sounds like a real uninformed blowhard, but obviously smart enough to write some bait click at a rapidly failing newspaper. Maybe she should write about the deeper problems of journalism or what pretends to be it.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/opinion/14511600.Rosemary_Goring__Cup_final_violence_highl ights_much_deeper_problems/?ref=mmpg

At least we all know what colour her nose is now

iwasthere1972
26-05-2016, 01:01 AM

It was like watching a UN peace-keeping force leap into the breach between warring nations or tribes.

Talk about over the top nonsense. She really has come out with a right load of tripe.

Basildon Hibs
26-05-2016, 01:24 AM
It was like watching a UN peace-keeping force leap into the breach between warring nations or tribes.

Talk about over the top nonsense. She really has come out with a right load of tripe.

What, like the Dutch UN troops did in Srebrenica..? Un-*****ing believable.:doh:

iwasthere1972
26-05-2016, 01:27 AM
What, like the Dutch UN troops did in Srebrenica..? Un-*****ing believable.:doh:

She also said something along the lines of it was our finest moment since Queen Victoria was on the throne. If she looks at her history book collection she'll realise that Victoria wasn't even alive in 1902 which I am assuming she is referring to. A small point but just proves that she was talking a loads of bollocks.

LaMotta
26-05-2016, 08:06 AM
All starting to unravel now.

I had heard yesterday from someone i know through West that Police outside the ground trying to get back in recieved prolonged attacks from Rangers Fans and significant acts of violence occurred towards the police.

Hadnt seen any reports in press and didnt want to post a rumour but looking now like the story is emerging. Why has it taken so long to come out though??

Also may help to explain why police werent as quick to react as some thought they should.

Moulin Yarns
26-05-2016, 08:10 AM
Probably the wrong thread, but I've just been browsing the SFA Competition rules.

first thing I think is relevant is this.

33 Disorderly Conduct
The clubs are responsible for the behaviour of their players, officials, members, supporters and any person carrying out a function at a match on their behalf.
In the event of damage being sustained to a stadium where a tie in the Competition is played as a consequence of misbehaviour by a player, official, member, supporters, or any other person acting on behalf of or associated with a club, then that club shall be responsible for any costs arising in the reparation of same.
The Association shall have the power to request such reports as may be necessary in determining responsibility for restitution and may additionally through the Board impose upon any club a censure, fine, ejection from the Competition or suspension if, in the opinion of the Board, a stadium is the subject of damage by that club’s representatives or those associated with it (Rule 6 refers).
The provisions of this Rule 33 are without prejudice to the terms of Article 92, which apply to clubs in the context of their participation in the Competition. Any infringement of that Article also can lead to serious sanctions as set out in the Articles including ejection from the Competition.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/SFAPublications/SFAHandbook/12%20CupCompRules.pdf

That will be the cost of the goals and turf coming from Hibs. but it also suggest a possible ban.

lapsedhibee
26-05-2016, 08:14 AM
That will be the cost of the goals and turf coming from Hibs. but it also suggest a possible ban.

Nah. How many clubs have been banned because their fans have broken seats at opponents' grounds?

Moulin Yarns
26-05-2016, 08:16 AM
Nah. How many clubs have been banned because their fans have broken seats at opponents' grounds?

Aye, but this was the showpiece cup final. Make an example of us because of the actions of a few idiots.

.Sean.
26-05-2016, 08:17 AM
'This isn't a few bad eggs, it was everyone in th crowd'

Animals

SunshineOnLeith
26-05-2016, 08:27 AM
We're not going to get kicked out of the cup/europe/Scotland, chill out eh?

We'll get a fine. So will they. Ours will be larger.

brog
26-05-2016, 08:32 AM

If " gesticulating in an offensive manner " is deemed worthy of a police charge then tens of thousands of football fans throughout the UK will be in court every Monday through the season.

Moulin Yarns
26-05-2016, 08:35 AM

I didn't say we would be, but the sanction is available under the competition rules as I posted above.

Onion
26-05-2016, 08:46 AM

Exactly. The SFA are stupid but not even THAT stupid. It was a fantastic emotional outpouring following one of the greatest and most famous cup wins by ANY team in Scotland in decades. Think Celtic in Lisbon or Aberdeen in Gothenburg and you start to get close to how Hibs fans felt last Saturday ! If the goading/fighting had not happened, it would have been hailed as fully understandable.

IMO 90% of the blame rests with the police, the SFA and Hampden authorities for what happened at FT. They could and absolutely should have prevented it. Simple as that. There is a big train heading their way in the guise of the Independent Commission report and they are stuck on the tracks.

.Sean.
26-05-2016, 08:53 AM
If " gesticulating in an offensive manner " is deemed worthy of a police charge then tens of thousands of football fans throughout the UK will be in court every Monday through the season.

Leithenhibby
26-05-2016, 08:57 AM
Exactly. The SFA are stupid but not even THAT stupid. It was a fantastic emotional outpouring following one of the greatest and most famous cup wins by ANY team in Scotland in decades. Think Celtic in Lisbon or Aberdeen in Gothenburg and you start to get close to how Hibs fans felt last Saturday ! If the goading/fighting had not happened, it would have been hailed as fully understandable.

IMO 90% of the blame rests with the police, the SFA and Hampden authorities for what happened at FT. They could and absolutely should have prevented it. Simple as that. There is a big train heading their way in the guise of the Independent Commission report and they are stuck on the tracks.

:top marks

I agree with this post 100%, absolutely spot on :aok:

Alfred E Newman
26-05-2016, 09:05 AM

No comparison, the guy was on the pitch facing up to the opposition goalkeeper.

Alfred E Newman
26-05-2016, 09:07 AM
Probably the wrong thread, but I've just been browsing the SFA Competition rules.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/SFAPublications/SFAHandbook/12%20CupCompRules.pdf

There is also the damage to the electronic advertising hoardings estimated at over 6 figures.

Pete
26-05-2016, 09:08 AM
There is also the damage to the electronic advertising hoardings estimated at over 6 figures.

Where did you hear that?

Diclonius
26-05-2016, 09:18 AM

The way that is worded suggests that we'd only be banned from a competition if the players/staff damaged the pitch, not the supporters.

There won't be a ban. Fine and possible partial stadium closure.

Pete
26-05-2016, 09:24 AM

Well?

Hampden rent these boards from a third party who will undoubtedly be insured. An excess might be payable but if that runs into six figures I'd be very surprised.

People are acting like we've trashed this system when the damage is unknown. I've heard reports of 600k from the usual sources which I bet is utter nonsense.

BigKev
26-05-2016, 09:31 AM
Well?

Hampden rent these boards from a third party who will undoubtedly be insured. An excess might be payable but if that runs into six figures I'd be very surprised.

People are acting like we've trashed this system when the damage is unknown. I've heard reports of 600k from the usual sources which I bet is utter nonsense.

I agree, they're basically big LED tv's. Nowhere near worth £600k. That's wishful thinking on Some folks behalf!

hibs0666
Unfortunately in an investigation, the (very few) Hibs fans that got involved with Rangers players will paint the picture that it wasn't only losing fans that had violent intentions. The hundred or so winding up the Rangers end will probably be done for inciting a riot or similar. We wont get out of this untainted. However to agree with you wholeheartedly, portions of the media have been pathetic and irresponsible, and all the Rangers fans that went on for a scrap are hopefully hammered.

One thing I am confident about, is that whatever our club does about this, it will be with professionalism and class. If we apologise to Rangers/SFA for our -proven- part, then we come out of it with respect. What Rangers then do is their business. Shame they are run by crooks (as usual).

I'd say that there was significantly more than a hundred Hibs supporters that wanted to take liberties with the huns. For example, the Record has a video from the huns end at the half way line and I'd say you are looking at least 50 Hibs supporters on that one alone that were seeking to inciting trouble. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if, over the next 12 months, guys like that get a chap on the door.

WTF were they thinking about?

Ronniekirk

People were trying to get over them knocked them over and those that followed trampled over them Not so mutch wanton vandalism ,but a consequence of the pitch invasion They will be expensive n question about that

hibs0666
26-05-2016, 09:40 AM
The way that is worded suggests that we'd only be banned from a competition if the players/staff damaged the pitch, not the supporters.

There won't be a ban. Fine and possible partial stadium closure.

I think we are looking at a whopping great bill, a whopping great fine and we cannot yet rule out further sanctions...

33. Disorderly Conduct

The clubs are responsible for the behaviour of their players, officials, members, supporters
and any person carrying out a function at a match on their behalf.

In the event of damage being sustained to a stadium where a tie in the Competition is
played as a consequence of misbehaviour by a player, official, member, supporters, or
any other person acting on behalf of or associated with a club, then that club shall be
responsible for any costs arising in the reparation of same.

The Association shall have the power to request such reports as may be necessary in
determining responsibility for restitution and may additionally through the Board impose
upon any club a censure, fine, ejection from the Competition or suspension if, in the
opinion of the Board, a stadium is the subject of damage by that club’s representatives or
those associated with it (Rule 6 refers).

The provisions of this Rule 33 are without prejudice to the terms of Article 92, which apply
to clubs in the context of their participation in the Competition. Any infringement of that
Article also can lead to serious sanctions as set out in the Articles including ejection from
the Competition.

essexhibee
26-05-2016, 09:53 AM
We will get a fine and move on. Both sets of fans were on the pitch clashing. Are they going to ban Rangers from the competition also?

Petrie and Dempster will nail sorting this out for sure.

brog
26-05-2016, 10:25 AM
No comparison, the guy was on the pitch facing up to the opposition goalkeeper.

There's every comparison because that's what the charge says. He hasn't been charged with running on the pitch & he hasn't been charged with violent or threatening behaviour, only gesticulating. As many have said there's a real possibility of a whole can of worms being opened up here & I suspect there may be some soul searching going on in Govan right now.

Kato
26-05-2016, 10:31 AM

Who estimated that price?

Cabbage East
26-05-2016, 10:36 AM

It will have been plucked from thin air.

JimBHibees
26-05-2016, 10:37 AM

Someone called J. Traynor. :greengrin

SunshineOnLeith
26-05-2016, 10:47 AM

Twitter

and

Facebook

So you know it's legit.

Onion
26-05-2016, 10:53 AM
I'd say that there was significantly more than a hundred Hibs supporters that wanted to take liberties with the huns. For example, the Record has a video from the huns end at the half way line and I'd say you are looking at least 50 Hibs supporters on that one alone that were seeking to inciting trouble. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if, over the next 12 months, guys like that get a chap on the door.

This ! It's unbelievable that the first thing some Hibs fans thought when Hibs finally break our 114 year hoodoo is to start goading players and opposing fans looking for a fight. All focus should have been on Hibs and our new-found Heroes but these mindless idiots decided to turn the celebration into something completely different.

Salt N Sauzee
26-05-2016, 11:00 AM

Just googled the cost of these Advertising boards. First one I found of good quality was from America - $680 (£462) per square metre.

Danderhall Hibs
26-05-2016, 11:11 AM
Twitter

and

Facebook

So you know it's legit.

Also Radio Scotland (I think it was Richard Wilson).

Pete
26-05-2016, 11:12 AM

Chic Young I think.

Must have been reading facebook, twitter and kickback.

rcarter1
26-05-2016, 11:16 AM

Its hard to say isn't it. The large majority of those on the pitch were not at the Rangers end. From the opposite view, there seemed to me like one main group of wind up merchants. So Id be surprised if was much more than a couple of hundred.

Agree though: What were they thinking? Happy not to see these folks at Easter Road.

lapsedhibee
26-05-2016, 11:22 AM

I don't ... etc ... !

The Green Goblin
26-05-2016, 11:24 AM
I had heard yesterday from someone i know through West that Police outside the ground trying to get back in recieved prolonged attacks from Rangers Fans and significant acts of violence occurred towards the police.

Hadnt seen any reports in press and didnt want to post a rumour but looking now like the story is emerging. Why has it taken so long to come out though??

Also may help to explain why police werent as quick to react as some thought they should.

Presumably, this will all be in the report and they will almost certainly come to regret this. "Widest terms of reference" and "without fear or favour" are those key terms from Hibs' statement again - if you make a lot of noise on a mountainside, well, the avalanche will engulf you too.

StevieC
26-05-2016, 11:33 AM

I would also suspect that a damage clause will be written into any contract regarding the boards. A bit like parking in car parks next to football pitches is at the owners risk, any damage to advertising boards will be at the suppliers risk. Probably written in to prevent liability for damage by footballs, or players, but the clause will almost certainly be in there.

Of course the advertising company could reclaim through the courts, but I suspect that would require individuals to be identified and sufficient evidence to show they caused the actual damage.

makaveli1875
26-05-2016, 11:42 AM
dont know if this is elsewhere

Raman Bhardwaj ‏@STVRaman 3m3 minutes ago
Just interviewed Rangers Managing Director Stewart Robertson. Claims at least 6 players + coaching staff were attacked at Hampden.

at least 6 players ?? so 5 days after the event they dont know exactly how many ?
i would be expecting to see some names and footage by now

Greenworld
26-05-2016, 12:00 PM
Whopping heck that a lot of whopping.
I think instead of guessing we should just wait and see what comes out of the independent Govan enquiry.😅
If we were to miss the SCOTTISH Cup next season .I will take it as a positive which will help promotion.
We will be busy in Europe anyhow.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Alfred E Newman
26-05-2016, 12:13 PM

It would be interesting to know how many involved in the trouble at the Rangers end are regular attenders at ER. Very few I would wager , yet it is the Club that will suffer the consequences and the regular supporters who will be punished through any subsequent ban.
As you say , what the hell were they thinking about?

bingo70
26-05-2016, 12:14 PM

Just interviewed Rangers Managing Director Stewart Robertson. Claims at least 6 players + coaching staff were attacked at Hampden.

at least 6 players ?? so 5 days after the event they dont know exactly how many ?

I think he's getting attacked mixed up with touched.

Or he's lying

truehibernian
26-05-2016, 12:19 PM

Can anyone tweet Raman and ask him has he asked the The Rangers board about their reaction to sectarian singing, fans attacking the police and their fans on the pitch fighting when every player and official were long gone ? Also to name the 6 because it appears it's now gone from all 11 players at 5pm on Saturday to '6 plus officials' now ?

Maybe Raman could also interview Hibs fans assaulted and who had corner flags used against them ?

bawheid
26-05-2016, 12:28 PM
I think he's getting attacked mixed up with touched.

Or he's lying

The police need to take his claims seriously and at face value. All of the Rangers players and staff attacked should be interviewed so that witness statements can be taken asap. This needs to happen now so that any criminality can be properly investigated and prosecuted.

Eventually they may also be required to give evidence in court, alongside Keith Jackson, Chick Young and Gordon Waddell who have also given detailed eye witness accounts of what they saw to the broadcast media.

Moulin Yarns
26-05-2016, 12:30 PM
The police need to take his claims seriously and at face value. All of the Rangers players and staff attacked should be interviewed so that witness statements can be taken asap. This needs to happen now so that any criminality can be properly investigated and prosecuted.

Eventually they may also be required to give evidence in court, alongside Keith Jackson, Chick Young and Gordon Waddell who have also given detailed eye witness accounts of what they saw to the broadcast media.

Can you imagine how big the identity parade would be to try and pick out the accused :wink:

bawheid
26-05-2016, 12:36 PM
Can you imagine how big the identity parade would be to try and pick out the accused :wink:

Keith Jackson could kill two birds with one stone and finally raise his defamation action against John Collins.

SunshineOnLeith
26-05-2016, 12:40 PM

I assume they'll all be making complaints to the police and letting them get on with their job, then?

itslegaltender
26-05-2016, 12:41 PM

If you listen to Andy Walker during the pitch invasion, he refers to Hibs fans behaving shockingly goading the Rangers players including Davie Weir. He at no point says Hibs fans physically assaulted them. So someone who is speaking as the events happen with clear sight of pitch and tv cameras saw nothing that back up Rangers claims of the assaults.

Cabbage East
26-05-2016, 12:48 PM
Telling lies to deflect from the defeat to a team seemingly unable to win the cup. A team that have also taken 'your' place in Europe.

Get it right up yi :faf:

bawheid
26-05-2016, 12:51 PM
If you listen to Andy Walker during the pitch invasion, he refers to Hibs fans behaving shockingly goading the Rangers players including Davie Weir. He at no point says Hibs fans physically assaulted them. So someone who is speaking as the events happen with clear sight of pitch and tv cameras saw nothing that back up Rangers claims of the assaults.

Indeed. Andy Walker should be interviewed too.

There were at least 50,000 eye witnesses and probably millions more watching on TV, and that's before we get to the several dozen HD television cameras set up around the ground, and that's before we get to footage shot by fans on their phones.

If Rangers players have been assaulted, the evidence will be there, and those responsible will be prosecuted.

If Rangers players haven't been assaulted, the evidence will be there, and apologies will need to be printed left, right and centre.

Sergey
26-05-2016, 12:52 PM
It'll be interesting to see when the result and publication of the report actually happens. Talks of bans, fines etc are a long way off IMHO.

Nothing will happen in the short-term if the past is anything to go by.

hibsmad
26-05-2016, 12:55 PM

They must be claiming verbal attack/assault. Either that or they are including any instance of a Hibs fan coming into contact with a Rangers player, such as the little nudge on the back for Foderingham.

I've said before that the only evidence of anything serious happening was the guy swinging for Wallace and Holt. That's one guy! Kenny Shiels also says that someone aimed a punch at Dean (but missed thankfully). I'd be inclined to believe this as he is normally very complimentary regarding Hibs. That would make two Hibs fans. It's a joke the way that media outlets are reporting what Rangers say, without even considering what would be generally expected during a pitch invasion - such as little pushes here and there which must happen all the time during the pitch invasions for the English play-offs. The same pitch invasions that are usually hailed as a great show of passion.

As for the staff. Is there any video footage off a Hibs fan physically assaulting or attempting to physically assault one of them?? No! Is there any video footage of a member of their staff trying to hit a Hibs fan who was showing no signs of intimidation towards them? Yes!

Paloschi
26-05-2016, 12:59 PM
There is a thread on kickback discussing the compiling of info and pictures to send to police :rolleyes:

So sad. They are absolutely gutted!!! :na na: GGTTH

Moulin Yarns
26-05-2016, 01:07 PM
The one word that is missing in all these reports of assaults is

"Alleged"

SJM
26-05-2016, 01:09 PM
There is a thread on kickback discussing the compiling of info and pictures to send to police :rolleyes:

Fk the hearts. Bitter, bitter ********s.

FAO Kickback

http://i3.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article8020373.ece/ALTERNATES/s1227b/Hibs-v-Rangers-Scottish-Cup-Final.jpg

Since90+2
26-05-2016, 01:11 PM
You can just sense the bitterness from the Jambos on Sickback. Its absolutely fantastic and extremely pleasing.

Wilson
26-05-2016, 01:15 PM
You can just sense the bitterness from the Jambos on Sickback. Its absolutely fantastic and extremely pleasing.

Yes.

They are totally irrelevant as far as the cup final goes. They still have to involve themselves somehow.

Sad people. Sad club.

iwasthere1972
26-05-2016, 01:18 PM
Yes.

They are totally irrelevant as far as the cup final goes. They still have to involve themselves somehow.

Sad people. Sad club.

Four years since they've won the Scottish Cup. :hilarious

SunshineOnLeith
26-05-2016, 01:22 PM
Was just having a wee look around other Scottish teams' fans' reactions and found this video which I hadn't seen before.

https://twitter.com/SingleMaltSuds/status/734050698061619200

Stupid hun punching a police horse in the backside :faf:

brog
26-05-2016, 01:27 PM
I'm not a huge fan of John James but his recent articles, ie post Saturday, have been excellent. Some of his descriptions of Mangetout Traynor are most amusing & apt!

JimBHibees
26-05-2016, 01:35 PM
Indeed. Andy Walker should be interviewed too.

There were at least 50,000 eye witnesses and probably millions more watching on TV, and that's before we get to the several dozen HD television cameras set up around the ground, and that's before we get to footage shot by fans on their phones.

If Rangers players have been assaulted, the evidence will be there, and those responsible will be prosecuted.

If Rangers players haven't been assaulted, the evidence will be there, and apologies will need to be printed left, right and centre.

Agree and with Sky they are usually all over this sort of thing and show constantly over and over again. All I have seen is a highlighted distant footage showing a couple of Rangers players and a couple of Hibs fans not really clear what happens. Assuming this was Wallace and Holt nothing else. It does seem strange that no more than this has been shown or maybe some sort of embargo has been placed by the police though given newspapers have been printing pictures that would appear not to be the case. A little strange Sky havent been showing more of the real violence mostly perpetuated by Rangers fans. Maybe an agenda at play.

hibsbollah
26-05-2016, 02:14 PM
https://medium.com/@Scarlet_Lady10/its-class-stupid-6e28cc0f74b4#.cbxdfz6o3

Onion
26-05-2016, 02:24 PM
Agree and with Sky they are usually all over this sort of thing and show constantly over and over again. All I have seen is a highlighted distant footage showing a couple of Rangers players and a couple of Hibs fans not really clear what happens. Assuming this was Wallace and Holt nothing else. It does seem strange that no more than this has been shown or maybe some sort of embargo has been placed by the police though given newspapers have been printing pictures that would appear not to be the case. A little strange Sky havent been showing more of the real violence mostly perpetuated by Rangers fans. Maybe an agenda at play.

All of this will come out whether the media want it or not. The police and I Commission will be all over the BBC and Sky demanding all the footage for forensic analysis. Once they spot something they'll cross match against any other footage or stills of the same incident. There is going to be plenty of evidence to support if assaults / crimes have taken place ... or not :wink:

CB_NO3
26-05-2016, 02:31 PM
So far it has went like this:
Rangers FC "Hibs are **** and started it all"
Statement 2 "Hibs are still **** as is our First Minister"
Statement 3 "Hibs have still not said sorry and we will punish all our fans that created violance"

They are back tracking everytime they open their mouths. Talk about making a fool of yourself.

Cabbage East
26-05-2016, 02:45 PM
Has the hun in the club suit that tried to kick the Hibby in the full kit been ID'd yet? Shouldn't be hard to find out who he is. The papers should be all over that, a nice juicy story for them.

How strange...

JimBHibees
26-05-2016, 02:50 PM
All of this will come out whether the media want it or not. The police and I Commission will be all over the BBC and Sky demanding all the footage for forensic analysis. Once they spot something they'll cross match against any other footage or stills of the same incident. There is going to be plenty of evidence to support if assaults / crimes have taken place ... or not :wink:

Hope so just seems strange if the number of players and official assaults that have been quoted yet very little evidence shown as yet.

snooky
26-05-2016, 03:06 PM
It'll be interesting to see when the result and publication of the report actually happens. Talks of bans, fines etc are a long way off IMHO.

Nothing will happen in the short-term if the past is anything to go by.

SFA are smart with situations like these. They defer action for a few months to let the dust settle then make a low key news release of the actions they have taken. e.g. The Craig Levine fine that was doubled and not paid. That was big news at one time but after a few months on the back burner was quietly settled.

rcarter1
26-05-2016, 03:49 PM

Good, the more info and pictures the better. The truth will set (most of us) free!

truehibernian
26-05-2016, 04:12 PM
See Jane Hamilton (journalist for Record) has come off Twitter due to threats - could be an interesting twist media wise. Even the Police Federation have tweeted about it !

johnbc70
26-05-2016, 04:14 PM
See Jane Hamilton (journalist for Record) has come off Twitter due to threats - could be an interesting twist media wise. Even the Police Federation have tweeted about it !

They can't help themselves can they.

Mellow Hibee
26-05-2016, 05:08 PM
So far it has went like this:
Rangers FC "Hibs are **** and started it all"
Statement 2 "Hibs are still **** as is our First Minister"
Statement 3 "Hibs have still not said sorry and we will punish all our fans that created violance"

They are back tracking everytime they open their mouths. Talk about making a fool of yourself.

It's mission accomplished though because Rangers fans have been so filled with rage that they've forgotten that they just lost the cup and a European spot.

I'm reminded of when Vlad's 1st team knocked Rangers out of Europe devastating them financially. Hopefully King was counting on some European cash to keep the lights on too.

Mellow Hibee
26-05-2016, 05:10 PM
Good, the more info and pictures the better. The truth will set (most of us) free!

I'm hearing that in a Jim Carrey voice. Liar Liar?

Wilson
26-05-2016, 05:13 PM

Perhaps the the rangers players assaulted themselves. "I'm kicking my ass! Do you mind?!"

McD
26-05-2016, 05:36 PM

At at the bottom of the daily ranger article about sevco fans attacking the police vans, there's a small footnote regarding a female reporter having her journalistic principles questioned, I assume it's the same person?

rcarter1
26-05-2016, 05:36 PM

Yep! :thumbsup:

OsloHibs
26-05-2016, 05:42 PM
How many is it today? Is it still 11 players...? #LIARS

bingo70
26-05-2016, 05:45 PM
Rangers supporters group have released a statement 'demanding' the resignation of Petrie.

Brilliant, chuckling away to myself thinking about the meeting that lead to the release of this statement and how important I bet they all feel now.

greenginger
26-05-2016, 05:52 PM
Rangers supporters group have released a statement 'demanding' the resignation of Petrie.

Brilliant, chuckling away to myself thinking about the meeting that lead to the release of this statement and how important I bet they all feel now.

Can we have a meeting and demand the expulsion of The Rangers from Scottish football.

It would be just as valid and binding on the authorities as their fantasy, and would have a lot more third party support. :greengrin

bingo70
26-05-2016, 05:54 PM
Can we have a meeting and demand the expulsion of The Rangers from Scottish football.

It would be just as valid and binding on the authorities as their fantasy, and would have a lot more third party support. :greengrin

Class.

Anyone good on photoshop or anything like that fancy drawing up an official looking statement?

Cabbage East
26-05-2016, 05:57 PM
Seethco :faf:

makaveli1875
26-05-2016, 06:01 PM
Class.

Anyone good on photoshop or anything like that fancy drawing up an official looking statement?

if they want sturgeon and petrie to resign then we demand the queen resigns and abolish the monarchy , and no more buckie we want buckfast banned

degenerated
26-05-2016, 06:05 PM

A meeting of minds in the louden tavern no doubt.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Cabbage East
26-05-2016, 06:10 PM
Now that the dust is settling, I'm so glad it was THEM we did it against.

Lancs Harp
26-05-2016, 06:15 PM

Expel them by all means but don't send the pricks down here.

Thank you

Aldo
26-05-2016, 06:23 PM
Now IIRC, whilst sitting in the Harp and Castle, the ticker tape along the bottom of SSN indicated 6 players, that included Wallace, Holt and Halliday required Hospital treatment!

Monday morning saw the headlines in the DR that all 11 players had been assaulted in one way or another????

This was slowly shot down by confirmation from Kenny Shiels saying Dean hadn't been touched and Kenny Millers partner confirming the same and that folk were to stop telling lies.

It clear to me that the spin and hysteria of the first 48 or so hours and those reports/statements etc made by Der Hun were to deflect the defeat!!

I am not saying no one was confronted/assaulted or even verbally abused but the circus that has surrounding all this was to feed the hordes and keep them inside!!

It's funny really because this has called out a number of media outlets.... In particular the DR and even more the Sportsound Team.

I think Chicks report included something similar to Wallace bring thrown to ground a got a kick in!!

Some squirming being done I would suspect! Letters of complaint to BBC about blatant lies made through blue tinted specks!!

Whatever happens WE WON THE 2016 SCOTTISH CUP!!