PDA

View Full Version : Liam Henderson

CelticEnd
25-05-2016, 10:43 AM
Overall how did he do for you's this season? I was on here at the time he signed saying that IMO he's going to be a better player than Allan who came in the other direction and I've seen nothing from SA this year to make me change my mind.

I'd guess Celtic will be looking for Henderson to be out on loan again next year and given he looks settled at ER I'd be quite sure they'd be happy for him to go back as the fact you've got European qualifiers and are under pressure to win the league is good experience for him he's not going to get a mid table SPFL team.

Where do you reckon he still has improvements to make? I'm not sure at this stage he can go for the full 90.

DaveF
25-05-2016, 10:51 AM
I think he could pace himself better in games as he goes hell for leather at everything from minute 1 and does tire late on.

He is also well capable of adding more goals to his game but that might be down to where he played rather his own failure in front of goal.

But he has everything to make it IMO. Committed, great feet and a is more than welcome back af ER.

Curly1875
25-05-2016, 10:51 AM
He's rotten. Best leaving him here ;)

The_Exile
25-05-2016, 10:52 AM
He's an absolute hero, legend and immortal. I'm naming my next child I'm made aware of after him.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
25-05-2016, 10:53 AM
I was spoke to him last night at Opal. Don't worry, I told him to stay! He was with Keatsy, Cummings, Handling and McGeouch continuing the celebrations. Really nice lad!

Skåne Hibs
25-05-2016, 10:54 AM
Overall how did he do for you's this season? I was on here at the time he signed saying that IMO he's going to be a better player than Allan who came in the other direction and I've seen nothing from SA this year to make me change my mind.

I'd guess Celtic will be looking for Henderson to be out on loan again next year and given he looks settled at ER I'd be quite sure they'd be happy for him to go back as the fact you've got European qualifiers and are under pressure to win the league is good experience for him he's not going to get a mid table SPFL team.

Where do you reckon he still has improvements to make? I'm not sure at this stage he can go for the full 90.

I think he's been great for us. A good creative player, lots of running, good closing down of players and lots of passion. I'd have him back in a second. His set pieces are improving all the time. He's a young player, so he himself would admit he can improve in every dept, but I think he's got awesome potential.

Killiehibbie
25-05-2016, 10:54 AM
Stamina and shooting are the areas for improvement.

Scorrie
25-05-2016, 10:55 AM
He's gash. Brendan Rodgers could do a lot better 😏

Gatecrasher
25-05-2016, 10:57 AM
A very good player, a huge difference in him between the start and end of his loan spell. I don't know if he's quite ready for regular first team football at Celtic but he's not far off it. Whatever or wherever he ends up at I wish him all the best because he will give 100% and is now a Hibernian Legend!

Lancs Harp
25-05-2016, 11:02 AM
I like Hendo, he has been great for us IMO. He has a great attitude and I think will always be regarded in high esteem at Easter Road. Personally would love to see him in a Hibs shirt again.

Intelligent player, can deliver some great crosses, although perhaps needs to on a more consistent basis (for instance those brilliant corners on Saturday show what he can do, not necessarily what he does do on a weekly basis)

He linked very well with the players around him and can spot a pass. Probably needs to work on his strength, tackling is not his strong point thats for sure.

He endeared himself to the Hibs faithful. Some loan players look like they are just gong through the motions but Hendo looked like he would bleed Hibee blood for us. A great member of the team.

bingo70
25-05-2016, 11:02 AM
He's been excellent in spells for us this season. If he wasn't a Celtic player already though would they try and buy him on the back of his performances for us this season? I think probably not but they'd be keeping an eye on him.

I think when he's good he's very good but there was a lot of times throughout the season he was busy without being effective or influencing games as much as he was capable of, another year loan spell might do him good although if I was Celtic I'd probably want him to have it at a higher level.

Outstanding attitude though so there's every chance he'll make it to the very top.

Iain G
25-05-2016, 11:06 AM
He's gash. Brendan Rodgers could do a lot better 😏

Yup, Brendan should swap him for that Danny Handling...

CallumLaidlaw
25-05-2016, 11:09 AM
He had an average start but has been brilliant since the turn of the year. His set plays are outstanding at times, and his drive and enthusiasm is second to none.

You are right tho, another year out on loan to us would be good for all involved.

SeanWilson
25-05-2016, 11:10 AM
a wonderful human-being, who always show's great character. :greengrin

Argylehibby
25-05-2016, 11:15 AM
Rogers is under pressure to win the league this year as Sevco are in the top flight with them. I can't see him taking a risk on Hendo when he has the cash to bring in tried and trusted experienced players. I'm hoping that will be the case anyway and that he will be with us for another season.

Big_Franck
25-05-2016, 11:19 AM
For me his areas for improvement would definitely be goals and his final pass or cross in open play. He often gets in great positions but very rarely seems confident enough to go for goal. His passing at times in and around the box in the second half of the season could have been better.

His strengths for me are his touch, technique, his hunger and commitment and his delivery from set pieces.

Overall I'd be more than happy to see him back at us and with his attitude i'm sure he'd continue to improve next year.

Bostonhibby
25-05-2016, 11:24 AM
Boy's a hibby, you should get him and Griffiths right out the door. Not celtc minded.

SunshineOnLeith
25-05-2016, 11:27 AM
Awful player. But if you ask us nicely we'll take him off your hands.

Tom Hart RIP
25-05-2016, 11:52 AM
As he was walking up the stairs to collect cup, a few Rangers fans were shouting Fenian **** at him. Hendo looked them in the eye, smiled, pumped his chest twice and kissed the Hibs badge. I thought their heads were going to explode. Perfect response.
Ps I think he's been excellent for us. Never hides and always wants the ball.

DH1875
25-05-2016, 11:55 AM
Love him. Wish he'll be back at ER next season but can't see it :(

The Green Goblin
25-05-2016, 11:59 AM
As he was walking up the stairs to collect cup, a few Rangers fans were shouting Fenian **** at him. Hendo looked them in the eye, smiled, pumped his chest twice and kissed the Hibs badge. I thought their heads were going to explode. Perfect response.
Ps I think he's been excellent for us. Never hides and always wants the ball.

That can't be right. The Rangers fans were the victims on Saturday. Everyone knows that. They would never shout sectarian abuse. :cb

SJM
25-05-2016, 12:04 PM
I can't remember taking to someone with no connection to our club that's ever came on loan ever so much.

He set up two of the greatest goals I'll ever experience and I'll always be indebted to him.

I hope hes back next season to continue his footballing education.

Neilbooks
25-05-2016, 12:28 PM
That can't be right. The Rangers fans were the victims on Saturday. Everyone knows that. They would never shout sectarian abuse. :cb

I'm surprised that Jim Traynor forgot to include a mention in his press statements about how the poor bears were attacked after spending 90 minutes harmlessly singing about how they were up to their knees in "peace and love".

NikGunnarsson
25-05-2016, 12:32 PM
He is a great passionate player, but I think people overestimate how good he is because of how much he loves the club. Would love to see him back though
Personally if it came to it Scott Allan > Liam Henderson

CraigHibee
25-05-2016, 12:35 PM
Good player and he will only improve, gives his all and the passion he has was evident to see after the final whistle on Saturday

J-C
25-05-2016, 12:41 PM
Good footballing brain but could do with adding some pace as he is a bit slow, some one said about going hell for leather from the first whistle, this is something else he could look at, pacing himself throughout a game. He also needs to add some strength to his upper body but that might come as he gets older, when you're a CM you need to be able to battle it out, so a wee bit strength won't go amiss.

allezsauzee
25-05-2016, 01:26 PM
Awful player. But if you ask us nicely we'll take him off your hands.

Along with that wee Scallywag Leigh Griffiths

My_Wife_Camille
25-05-2016, 01:31 PM
Scott Allan is twice the player

Liam Henderson is one hundred times the man

NAE NOOKIE
25-05-2016, 01:49 PM
A young player who can only get better .... and if he does he will be a full Scotland international. He doesn't shoot enough and as others have said perhaps needs to learn to pace himself and improve his upper body strength, but there's no reason to think he wont improve in all areas of his game.

Whatever areas Liam still needs to work on his attitude on the pitch and professionalism off it are not amongst them, both are absolutely brilliant, the boy is a credit to himself and as a loan player a credit to Celtic.

Whatever the future holds for him one thing will never change, he will forever be:

Liam Henderson, Hibernian Football Club ..... LEGEND !!! http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/not%20worthy.gif

:flag:

SpaceBob
25-05-2016, 02:06 PM
Stamina and shooting are the areas for improvement.

No need to bring his drinking abilities into it :greengrin

lucky
25-05-2016, 02:14 PM
The boy is 19, his game will improve with age as will his strength. But he is nowhere near getting into the Celtic 1st team. He's not always been a starter for us. So another year on loan won't do him any harm. The issue I think which will stop him being a top player is pace. But he is now a Hibernian legend and whatever he does no one can take that status away from him.

MyJo
25-05-2016, 03:25 PM
He is absolute garbage, will never make the grade.

You need to just cut your losses with the lad and release him from him contract.............pretty pretty please :greengrin :hide:

YehButNoBut
25-05-2016, 07:22 PM
recent tweet from Liam

Liam Henderson ‏@liam53henderson May 24 (https://twitter.com/liam53henderson/status/735072086373335040) Thanks for everything @HibsOfficial (https://twitter.com/HibsOfficial). This club will always have a place in my heart...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CjOAKRnWgAAAEUG.jpg

J-C
25-05-2016, 07:34 PM
Are some players out on the town again tonight? Pretty sure I saw him 5 mins ago in George St walking towards La Monde, if not he has a double walking about.