PDA

View Full Version : Foreign players

AugustaHibs
25-05-2016, 10:10 AM
Anyone reckon that after Saturday, foreign players looking in at us will be more likely to come? If they watched that having not known much about us they will think we are an incredible club

BSEJVT
25-05-2016, 11:06 AM
I am personally not that fussed about us signing overseas players again.

The team that won the final and the subs with the exception of Gunnarson, were UK / Irish players.

A little bit of me thinks they got it more what it would mean to us and consequently played for their lives.

Don't get me wrong we have had some absolute class overseas players, Sauzee, Latapy and Laursen to name but 3

But we couldn't attract players of that quality any more and the "lesser lights" we have attracted since then have just about all failed to shine.

GloryGlory
25-05-2016, 11:46 AM
I am personally not that fussed about us signing overseas players again.

The team that won the final and the subs with the exception of Gunnarson, were UK / Irish players.

A little bit of me thinks they got it more what it would mean to us and consequently played for their lives.

Don't get me wrong we have had some absolute class overseas players, Sauzee, Latapy and Laursen to name but 3

But we couldn't attract players of that quality any more and the "lesser lights" we have attracted since then have just about all failed to shine.

Benji? Zemmama? :greengrin

Nevi_SOL
25-05-2016, 11:55 AM
Boozy?

Northernhibee
25-05-2016, 11:56 AM
Kuqi?

:hyper

The_Sauz
25-05-2016, 11:57 AM
Matty Jack :hibees

Jones28
25-05-2016, 12:02 PM
Am I right in saying Gunnarson was the only non British/Irish player in the squad on Saturday?

erin go bragh
25-05-2016, 12:05 PM
Sauzee ?? Hell yeah .

GGTTH HIBERNIAN 2016 SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS

Craig_HFC
25-05-2016, 12:06 PM
Am I right in saying Gunnarson was the only non British/Irish player in the squad on Saturday?

You are indeed.

Although, to be fair, Norway is basically in Aberdeen so...

:greengrin