PDA

View Full Version : Will the Independent Commission be 'without fear or favour'?

Ilovehibs
24-05-2016, 09:21 PM
Really hope it is. If so, bring on the findings.

HibbyDave
24-05-2016, 09:25 PM
You do know that Helen Street station is within a stones throw from ibrox?

theonlywayisup
24-05-2016, 09:30 PM

Would it be good to post examples of The Rangers fans showing 'restraint' in one thread - this thread.

I'll start:

http://i4.dailyrecord.co.uk/incoming/article8034486.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/JS90718063.jpg

There must be many others!!!

theonlywayisup
24-05-2016, 09:32 PM
http://i1.dailyrecord.co.uk/incoming/article8020438.ece/ALTERNATES/s1227b/JS90675879-1.jpg

Bostonhibby
24-05-2016, 09:34 PM
You do know that Helen Street station is within a stones throw from ibrox?

Be handy for Lord Justice Nimmo?

schinkenotto
25-05-2016, 02:27 PM
[QUOTE=HibbyDave;4704903]You do know that Helen Street station is within a stones throw from ibrox?[/QU
Rangers supporters regard everything as being "within a stones throw"!

GloryGlory
25-05-2016, 02:51 PM

To my mind it will only be "independent" if the majority of members are from outwith Scotland. Too many people with too much baggage in Scottish football for me to have much confidence otherwise.

jacomo
25-05-2016, 03:45 PM
The Polis seemed to have indicated that they are only looking into incidents that happened on the pitch, and not any sectarian nonsense / flares / coin throwing that happened during the match.

marinello59
25-05-2016, 03:47 PM
The Polis seemed to have indicated that they are only looking into incidents that happened on the pitch, and not any sectarian nonsense / flares / coin throwing that happened during the match.

No problem with that. Flares were thrown from our side as well during the game.

RoYO!
25-05-2016, 04:04 PM
The best thing about the flares in their end was that for the first goal a whole bunch must have only known we'd scored because of the noise! Great stuff :)

les83
25-05-2016, 04:08 PM
The Scottish Government are meant to be having a war on sectarianism so why has no official comment been made on the naughty songs in the sevco end?!

Pete
25-05-2016, 04:16 PM
The Scottish Government are meant to be having a war on sectarianism so why has no official comment been made on the naughty songs in the sevco end?!

The police might charge individuals under the offensive behaviour act. Suddenly all the bears footage might not be as "helpful" as they first thought.

Spike Mandela
25-05-2016, 06:39 PM
The authorities mastered the art of giving Rangers punishment that weren't punishments for their cheating and non payment of tax

- 10 pt penalty for administration which took them from 2d place to errm 2nd place.

- £250k fine (unpaid) for multimillions not paid in tax.....more of a business plan than a punishment.

- An 18 month transfer ban that started AFTER the transfer window.

And that's it!

Watch Regan flex his muscles now.......he's a weasel.

Sprouleflyer
25-05-2016, 06:44 PM
The authorities mastered the art of giving Rangers punishment that weren't punishments for their cheating and non payment of tax

- 10 pt penalty for administration which took them from 2d place to errm 2nd place.

- £250k fine (unpaid) for multimillions not paid in tax.....more of a business plan than a punishment.

- An 18 month transfer ban that started AFTER the transfer window.

And that's it!

Watch Regan flex his muscles now.......he's a weasel.

Regan will be on the phone to Traynor asking him what sanctions he should be imposing on Hibs. Guarantee this, whatever the SFA impose on Hibs, it will be orchestrated from Ibrox.

truehibernian
25-05-2016, 06:55 PM
Regan will be on the phone to Traynor asking him what sanctions he should be imposing on Hibs. Guarantee this, whatever the SFA impose on Hibs, it will be orchestrated from Ibrox.

Peter Lawell will be a very important ally on the SFA board so I very much doubt he'll be swayed by Ibrox - especially given JT accused him of lying previously.

Ralph Topping too (ally).

Hibs not being in the SPL may be a blessing in disguise too as it means there won't be 4 games to worry about - cup games will be looked at as and when, if we draw them.

I honestly still believe this enquiry will focus on security and staffing - the speedy criminal arrests actually make sure things don't linger on and on.

jacomo
25-05-2016, 06:56 PM

Wow didn't even notice at the time!

Keith_M
25-05-2016, 06:57 PM
Will the Independent Commission be 'without fear or favour'?

That's a cracker!

:faf:

Hibs Class
25-05-2016, 07:04 PM

I saw one flare from our end, late on, looked like it was thrown from the north and landed in the east and was then thrown again to near the pitch. Much much less choking than the smoke bombs in their end. Flares should be in scope of any enquiry, whether it's to punish supporters or look at why another part of match security failed.

Crab apple
25-05-2016, 07:05 PM
Would it be good to post examples of The Rangers fans showing 'restraint' in one thread - this thread.

I'll start:

http://i4.dailyrecord.co.uk/incoming/article8034486.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/JS90718063.jpg

There must be many others!!!

Has this ****bag been charged yet? Are Police Scotland aware? This is a proper assault unlike the casper type charges against the Hibs fans.

marinello59
25-05-2016, 07:07 PM
I saw one flare from our end, late on, looked like it was thrown from the north and landed in the east and was then thrown again to near the pitch. Much much less choking than the smoke bombs in their end. Flares should be in scope of any enquiry, whether it's to punish supporters or look at why another part of match security failed.

I'd happily see flares taken out of the investigation by concentrating on events after the final whistle when sectarian songs were sung.

northstandhibby
25-05-2016, 07:20 PM
I'd happily see flares taken out of the investigation by concentrating on events after the final whistle when sectarian songs were sung.

The sectarianism by the Sevco so-called fans is a massive issue which should not be simply yet again swept under the carpet. It is a total disgrace in this day and age to have a football club singing about another club's manager as a fenian xxxxxxx. The Scottish Football Authorities have to deal it and come down on Sevco hard.

21st May 2016- The greatest game in history.

Haymaker
25-05-2016, 07:23 PM
Has this ****bag been charged yet? Are Police Scotland aware? This is a proper assault unlike the casper type charges against the Hibs fans.

Been identified but lives in N.I

Hibs Class
25-05-2016, 07:26 PM

I'd definitely include that too, the only reason to limit the scope of any investigation is to play to a particular agenda, which I guess is why our club's statement said we'd welcome a wide ranging enquiry

marinello59
25-05-2016, 07:48 PM
I'd definitely include that too, the only reason to limit the scope of any investigation is to play to a particular agenda, which I guess is why our club's statement said we'd welcome a wide ranging enquiry

It's more a case of focussing fully on post match incidents than any attempt to limit the enquiry. No matter how they do it though, they are going to come out of it just as badly as us. And possibly worse.

Sprouleflyer
25-05-2016, 08:13 PM
Don't worry Mr King, I will get the cup taken off Hibs and get you back into Europe!

Sprouleflyer
25-05-2016, 08:15 PM
Don't worry Mr King, I will get the cup taken off Hibs and get you back into Europe!

Got to admire the guy behind catching the frisbee in his mouth though!