PDA

View Full Version : The fine and the consequences...

ekhibee
24-05-2016, 05:15 PM
I'm assuming we WILL get fined for Hampden but no idea what it'll be. A mate of mine, a Motherwell fan, says they got fined £102k in total after the crowd invasion against Sevco last season, and that was at their own ground. Reckon we could be in for a hefty one. I wondered if it will affect the playing budget, or is there a separate account kept for such things?

Big Ed
24-05-2016, 05:18 PM
I'm assuming we WILL get fined for Hampden but no idea what it'll be. A mate of mine, a Motherwell fan, says they got fined £102k in total after the crowd invasion against Sevco last season, and that was at their own ground. Reckon we could be in for a hefty one. I wondered if it will affect the playing budget, or is there a separate account kept for such things?

...a special "Bam Fund" :greengrin

Pete
24-05-2016, 05:20 PM

They probably got fined that much because it was at their own ground. They were responsible for everyone's safety while we aren't in this instance.

SeanWilson
24-05-2016, 05:22 PM

Not sure it being at hampden would make the fine more? Being played at hampden, its only hibs responsibity to cover the legalities of informing fans about travel and safety and sharing police scotland messages, as well as terms when selling tickets.... its the SFA's responsibility to police the match appropriately. We will get a hefty fine as we are going to be made a case of here, however the SFA surely have to take acount and The Zombies should also be hammered for their part in the so called 'atrocities'....

Jim44
24-05-2016, 05:22 PM

I thought that the Motherwell 'punishment' was still being discussed and would not be announced till 2017. Is it not also the case that fan misbehaviour in your own stadium was considered more seriously punishable.

ekhibee
24-05-2016, 05:25 PM
I thought that the Motherwell 'punishment' was still being discussed and would not be announced till 2017. Is it not also the case that fan misbehaviour in your own stadium was considered more seriously punishable.
Nope, the actual fine was £85k plus £17k to erect special fencing round the ground to prevent people from getting on the pitch. I should also say Sevco weren't fined at all.

Since90+2
24-05-2016, 05:29 PM
Nope, the actual fine was £85k plus £17k to erect special fencing round the ground to prevent people from getting on the pitch. I should also say Sevco weren't fined at all.

Where are you getting this from?

It was reported in only February of this year that the punishment will be announced in 18 months.

dalkeith stu
24-05-2016, 05:34 PM
Listened to last night's clyde ones super scoreboard and Derek Johnstone and some other clown expect us to be kicked out of the Scottish cup next year!! They were raging!! Hahaha!!!

Pete
24-05-2016, 05:34 PM
Some jambos saying the damages will be £600k minimum due to the damage to the new advertising board system.

:faf:

SeanWilson
24-05-2016, 05:38 PM
Listened to last night's clyde ones super scoreboard and Derek Johnstone and some other clown expect us to be kicked out of the Scottish cup next year!! They were raging!! Hahaha!!!

we could be forced to play behind closed door matches or kicked out under the rules... not sure RP would allow that to happen in his position....

YehButNoBut
24-05-2016, 05:46 PM

It was reported in only February of this year that the punishment will be announced in 18 months.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35527397

:agree:

They haven't been punished yet as the governing body has delayed punishment for 18 months.

Within that time, the Fir Park club must provide evidence of how they plan to address the charges against them.

Gerard
24-05-2016, 05:47 PM
As Hibs does not manage this ground and as this offence is not governed by strict liability the club should not be asked to pay for the damage caused by the fans. The fans who caused the damage should pay for it. All these people who have committed criminal damage and assaults should also get football banning orders.

givescotlandfreedom
we could be forced to play behind closed door matches or kicked out under the rules... not sure RP would allow that to happen in his position....

I doubt they'll do anything more than fine as with the mounting examples of sevco misbehaviour they'd need to hit them hard too.

Jim44

While reporting on Saturday's incident, the Motherwell incident at last year's playoff final was referenced and they distinctly said that the Motherwell situation was still not resolved.

Lee Marvin
24-05-2016, 05:49 PM
Can anyone explain this 'strict liability' rule in Scotland that people keep mentioning?

Does it mean there might not be much to answer for as it was at the national stadium, not ours? (In terms of policing eyc)

Gerard
24-05-2016, 05:54 PM
Can anyone explain this 'strict liability' rule in Scotland that people keep mentioning?

Does it mean there might not be much to answer for as it was at the national stadium, not ours? (In terms of policing eyc)

The principle of SL makes it very difficult to defend wrongful actions. To be guilty of having committed an offence you need actus reus, the criminal act and mens rea the guilty mind minus defences. In SL mens rea does not need to be proved and therefore makes it very difficult to defend wrongful actions.

SeanWilson
24-05-2016, 05:55 PM

i dont think scotland has a 'strict liability' rulling. That's the problem. Eufa use it to impose fines, behind closed doors etc etc for European matches. We just get west cost bias sanctions.