PDA

View Full Version : Pee'd off

Northern Hibby
24-05-2016, 04:22 PM
Celtic fans congratulating me about Scottish Cup win, if you strip back their praise it's just about them getting beat rather than us winning :grr:

easty
24-05-2016, 04:26 PM
Their congratulations mean nowt to me, but I've nae problem with it. I'd prob do the same if Aberdeen or Dundee or whoever beat Hearts in the final.

CalgaryHibs
24-05-2016, 04:27 PM
Haha
U new this would happen

But who cares we won the cup. !

Hibbyradge
24-05-2016, 04:30 PM
Receiving congratulations from other teams' fans, or not, isn't important to me.

Pete
24-05-2016, 04:32 PM
Feels good, no matter who is congratulating us.

CallumHibs07
24-05-2016, 04:37 PM
the f***s with the negative threads? complaining about being congratulated :faf:

Onion
24-05-2016, 04:38 PM
Celtic fans congratulating me about Scottish Cup win, if you strip back their praise it's just about them getting beat rather than us winning :grr:

Think you're being a bit harsh. Yes, they always enjoy seeing the Huns getting beat but over the years have met many Celtic fans who have genuinely wanted Hibs to win the Cup (if it wasn't to be them).

CB_NO3
24-05-2016, 04:46 PM
If you have a browse of Scottish football forums you will see everyone is delighted we won the cup. The only ones that are not are sevco and Hertz.

essexhibee
24-05-2016, 04:48 PM
Everyone is glad we done the vile bigots. Nice to see lots of fans in awe of our beautiful song SOL.

Kato
24-05-2016, 04:51 PM
Had a few guys tell me that there was Champers and rounds of applause waiting for them in celtic boozers across Glasgow when they entered post-match. People are people, some genuine others not so much. I personally thought that was classy from those particular people.

Dalianwanda
24-05-2016, 04:53 PM
Plenty on this riot free report from RTE...Had to jump in when one called us Edinburgh Celtic..First to wear the green! :flag:

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2016/0521/790021-stokes-on-target-as-hibs-win-scottish-cup/

OsloHibs
24-05-2016, 05:37 PM
The rangers are the only club to unite scottish football. Reading twitter has been a joy these past few days.

To the poster, just enjoy people saying great things about hibs- it don't happen often on social media!

Hutchie
24-05-2016, 07:41 PM
A Raith fan agreed with me that hibs winning makes the world a better place !

Mr White
24-05-2016, 07:49 PM
My mate in perth, a saints fan, texted to say he and his mate watched it in a pub in Bankfoot. When gray nodded in the winner they were the only 2 jumping about cheering in a bar full of huns :thumbsup:

Jim44
24-05-2016, 07:50 PM

You're bang on there. I read their ultra long Cup Final thread and initially they were slagging us off for the likelihood of us letting Sevco win the cup. Generally they hadn't a good word to say about us but when they realised we were in there with a shout they got patronising. Most of their chat was about Stokes and Henderson and the satisfaction of their rivals being stuffed. Stuff them, I say.

Hiber-nation
24-05-2016, 07:55 PM
For once, they didn't really sound patronising. I'll always remember the celtc fans who were out their houses dishing out bottles of champers to celebrating Hibbies on Curtis Avenue after the game. All guid stuff.

monktonharp
24-05-2016, 08:02 PM
For once, they didn't really sound patronising. I'll always remember the celtc fans who were out their houses dishing out bottles of champers to celebrating Hibbies on Curtis Avenue after the game. All guid stuff.:aok:

iwasthere1972
24-05-2016, 08:30 PM
While up town and after seeing the cup parade a Rangers fan came up to me and said well done on winning the cup.

He appeared genuine enough. Mind you he probably thought the same about me.

GIRUY I thought as he sauntered away.

hibbybob
24-05-2016, 08:53 PM
As the full time whistle went text messages came flying into my phone.

They came from a real variety of people but, perhaps surprisingly, most came from Hearts fans.
I have no doubt that very few of them actually wanted Hibs to win (I'd support almost anybody against Hearts!) but all were genuinely pleased for ME.

They obviously appreciated what it meant to me and I found that quite humbling. It certainly added to the emotions of the moment which had already turned me into a tearful mess!

It's refreshing that friendship can come before football rivalries.

Perhaps a bit different from strangers congratulating us but it really meant a lot to me.

However, come August they'll go back to being poppy stealing, scarf twirling .......... :na na::flag:

Cabbage East
24-05-2016, 08:59 PM
You describe yourself right now as being pissed off? Heard it all now

matty_f
24-05-2016, 09:01 PM
Honestly could not care less who is congratulating us. We won the Scottish Cup.

Gatecrasher
24-05-2016, 09:03 PM
Had congratulations from all sorts of supporters Even jambos. Just be happy it happened :flag:

Northern Hibby
24-05-2016, 09:14 PM
the f***s with the negative threads? complaining about being congratulated :faf:

Sorry wasn't meant as a negative thread, been congratulated by lots of other fans just, and it's maybe just me, but I feel like it's not the same😔

24-05-2016, 10:21 PM
Overwhelmed by the text messages I've had from friend who support other Clubs.
The majority of these to be far have been the same Jambos who've tried to poked fun for years.

What does this tell me? Does everybody love Hibernian? No! It tells me the Rangers are the most disliked team in in the land and their sour grapes might fool their own fans but it does not fool the masses. Their media spin just makes them look even more bitter and petty. "The Rangers" , Scottish Football is laughing at you yet again. :na na:

s.a.m
24-05-2016, 10:32 PM

:dancer::rockin::partyhibb:woohoo::nanafunk:

Northern Hibby
24-05-2016, 10:48 PM
Just me then 😔

greenlex
24-05-2016, 10:58 PM
My face hurts.

anon1875
24-05-2016, 11:55 PM
Bull**** most of my friends are Celtic fans, second best ****s in Scotland apart from the famous Hibees.

Viva_Palmeiras
25-05-2016, 06:22 AM

We hardly ever leave any angle uncovered this one is astounding tho'

lyonhibs
25-05-2016, 06:56 AM

:agree: :agree:

The notion of getting pissed off because any team's supporters are congratulating you is a bit of a brain teaser for me.

I've got a couple of Celtic mates congratulating me and it seems pretty genuine, not to say that there aren't those out there that are doing it insincerely.

Yes, we pumped the Huns, but let's not underestimate how much a lot of Scottish and worldwide football fans wanted us to do it for us.

GreenLake
25-05-2016, 07:08 AM
I was in Glasgow after the game and two Celtic bars looked after me in celebrating. They sang lots of Hibs songs and gave me a great night. I think they were happy for us and for Stokes, Henderson and McGeouch in particular. They enjoyed singing Stokeseys on fire and the Super John McGinn song but mostly "can you hear the rangers sing?". The ones I met and spoke to had a decent attitude and were very hospitable.

AndyM_1875
25-05-2016, 07:22 AM
I've had congratulatory messages from fans of lots of other clubs but particularly Jambos who have been good about us winning the cup. Don't get too hung up on a few loonballs on Twitter or Kickback ranting as the Hearts lads I know were happy for me. Attitude has been "we know what it means to you, go and enjoy yourself". The fact that we beat Rangers obviously made it much easier for them to take as they appear to really hate the Sevconian's.

Johnny Clash
25-05-2016, 09:22 AM
Had texts of congratulations from mates who support a variety of teams : Spurs, Arsenal, Millwall, Rotherham, Villa plus most Scottish teams (apart from Sevconians). Most of them really raving about SoL at end.

Hannah_hfc
25-05-2016, 09:27 AM
Majority of folk in my work are Celtic fans so there was a fair few congratulations when I went in yesterday!

When I posted on my Facebook after the game there was a lot of congratulations from Aberdeen-supporting friends too.

I think it's given them optimism that they are more than capable of pumping Sevco in the league next year.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

HIBEES 4 LIFE
25-05-2016, 10:52 AM
Celtic fan at work admitted to me how jealous he was of Sunshine on leith. And said it was the pinnacle of all football songs. That did make me proud

OsloHibs
25-05-2016, 11:14 AM
If the SFA punish hibs and not the huns, we will need the whole of Scottish football behind us. So let's not divide..

Hibernian Verse
25-05-2016, 11:19 AM
Got 5 texts at the full time whistle. 2 Rangers fans who were at the game, 2 Jambos and 1 Sheep.

All very complimentary.